Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

Are people who don't like her going to change their opinion of her if she doesn't respond? No, they will find another reason to dislike her, so she cannot win.

Yeah, and if there's already such a very low opinion of her, then why even care what road she takes? (Then again, I've never understood the practice of stalking and dissecting the social media of someone that is immensely disliked.

What's the difference between people who "stalk and dissect" the social media of someone they dislike - and the people who stalk and dissect an episode by watching it several times?  Or who re-read and quote their favorite love-to-hate HW's blogs in order to back up their opinion in order to have a fun discussion?  Beats me. Or even people who like to participate on snark forums, daily, for lengthy stretches at a time to snark on people they don't even know?  Whatever floats one's boat. As long as it's not directed at a boardmate, it's all good, right?

The HWs put themselves on our TVs and in social media to seen.  I'm happy to oblige them.  Seems I'm not alone. I snark, therefore I am. 

• Love 8

Yeah, I don't recall Carole ever claiming that she and Clooney dated for over a year during/after his time on ER, so it's puzzling why something she never alleged on the show is being used to paint her as a liar. For all that's known, Carole and Clooney could've hooked up for a bit during his Facts of Life days.

(Hah, there's a pic of Darryl Hannah in the "Promoted Stories" at the bottom of the page, which makes me think of Darryl and her kittens in What Remains.)

Carole's life story was linked up thread-any indication that she was in LA before she met Anthony because I don't see it.  So she could have dated Clooney while he lived and worked in LA and she lived and worked in NY but to me it doesn't seem plausible and failure to narrow a time frame leads me to believe she is not being entirely candid.

I liked Carole's self-penned life story, she seemed like a hard working journalist, who met and fell in love with a co-worker, who she loved until his last day and still cherishes his memory.   

• Love 2

I feel like Carole is sometimes not being entirely candid.  Which is cool because there's not a soul on earth that knows everything about me.  But imo there is certainly some embellishment/glamorizing/dramatizing that goes on with her.  She reminds me of a SIL who will say something that seems over the top and when called on it will say, "I was only joking.", or "I didn't mean it that way."  Or she'll go along with what the cool kids are saying or what the popular view du jour is.  Or she'll say it in a joking manner and hope no one calls her on it and then accepts it as her (and everybody else's) truth.

• Love 2

Carole's life story was linked up thread-any indication that she was in LA before she met Anthony because I don't see it. So she could have dated Clooney while he lived and worked in LA and she lived and worked in NY but to me it doesn't seem plausible and failure to narrow a time frame leads me to believe she is not being entirely candid.

I believe Carole actually met Anthony in LA, interestingly enough.

Carole and Anthony met when they were assigned to cover the Menendez brothers' trial (or maybe the whole story) in LA.

I'm just now catching up to the posts, but I had to big up those who are pretty much of the mind that it doesn't make much sense to (supposedly) respect the high road versus someone not taking guff off another. It strikes me as disingenuous for the very reason mcm articulated: If Carole said nothing, it's not as though she'd suddenly have those who dislike her liking her.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 3
So she could have dated Clooney while he lived and worked in LA and she lived and worked in NY but to me it doesn't seem plausible and failure to narrow a time frame leads me to believe she is not being entirely candid.

Not being entirely candid doesn't mean that what has been offered up isn't true, though. Carole said she went out with Clooney​ years ago - one can take that at face value, or not. Either way, it's probably no big whoop to Carole.

• Love 4

I believe Carole actually met Anthony in LA, interestingly enough.

Her last comment to Dorinda is he had an office down the hall when they were working for ABC news.  I believe they worked out of the NY office.  Look I can't keep track of Carole's stories and I would think something as big as dating George Clooney be it when she was 15 years old or 35 would be worth mention when and where.  I believe she has copped to going out to dinner with him. 

The Mendezes were murdered in August of 1989-Clooney married Talia Balsam in December 1989.  The first trial didn't take place until 1993. So again the pieces aren't fitting for a pre-Anthony year long or better relationship unless she was seeing a married George Clooney.   The first trail was highly publicized and broadcast on Court TV.  This is why clarity is important.  I keep getting hammered for my disbelief of Carole's claims and it has to do with a lack of proximity prior to the Clooney or Radziwill marriages and a very prominent Clooney after the end of the Radziwill marriage. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

Hmmm.  I think Carole is entirely safe claiming that she dated/hooked-up/whatever with George Clooney and she knows it.  I strongly suspect Clooney is happy every time some attractive woman says she had a thing with him.  I doubt you'll hear him denying such a story.

• Love 4

Hmmm.  I think Carole is entirely safe claiming that she dated/hooked-up/whatever with George Clooney and she knows it.  I strongly suspect Clooney is happy every time some attractive woman says she had a thing with him.  I doubt you'll hear him denying such a story.

I agree he has not maintain his reputation as being eligible and gentlemanly by confirming or denying various liaisons over the years attractive women or not so attractive women.  Now that he is married, for the second time, he seems even more removed from the idle gossip. 

Her last comment to Dorinda is he had an office down the hall when they were working for ABC news.  I believe they worked out of the NY office.  Look I can't keep track of Carole's stories and I would think something as big as dating George Clooney be it when she was 15 years old or 35 would be worth mention when and where.  I believe she has copped to going out to dinner with him. 

The Mendezes were murdered in August of 1989-Clooney married Talia Balsam in December 1989.  The first trial didn't take place until 1993. So again the pieces aren't fitting for a pre-Anthony year long or better relationship unless she was seeing a married George Clooney.   The first trail was highly publicized and broadcast on Court TV.  This is why clarity is important.  I keep getting hammered for my disbelief of Carole's claims and it has to do with a lack of proximity prior to the Clooney or Radziwill marriages and a very prominent Clooney after the end of the Radziwill marriage.

Carole has always said that she met Anthony when they worked for ABC and were in California covering the Menendez trial. I believe they were both based out of NY.

Carole has a home in LA. I don't remember when she bought it, but she was living there right before she joined this show because she was working on a screenplay (she also had her place in NY). She is very close friends with the Director Joel Schumacher. We saw him on her first or second season at her book party. He has said that she asked his advice about joining the show. I mention this because he is also knows Clooney, having directed him in the movie "Batman and Robin". I don't think we know when her relationship with Clooney happened. It is possible, and probably likely, to have happened after Anthony died. Joel S knows pretty much everyone, and I am sure Carole has met some of his high profile friends. When asked if he was embarrassed to briefly be on a show like the HW's, he said one does those types of things for a friend. I don't think Carole plays up her high profile friendships, I think she plays them down.

• Love 5

Carole met Anthony when they both worked for ABC in New York and were assigned to cover the Menendez trial.

As far as Carole's claims, has Carole claimed a year long (or greater) relationship with George Clooney (exclusive or otherwise?)

I've never gotten the impression that Carole wears the princess title.  On the other hand, Lu wears the countess title as much as Beth wears the horrible, raised  by wolves title.  I just don't see the comparison between Carole and Lu using the 'title'.  Sure, IIRC, she threw it out once when Lu used her title.  I got where she was coming from.  She has also stated that it's basically meaningless and that this is US, we don't have royality.

Well, LuAnn was married for a long time to a man who apparently used the title, so I imagine she got used to it.

Carole may not have "Princess" on her credit cards but she has mentioned it on the show, and there are many who think one of the reasons she was hired was to drop LuAnn down a notch. And of course it was her first tag line. Finally, Carole's husband apparently never used tht title. On balance, IMO the title is more natural for LuAnn. Carole seems, to me, like one of those people who want everyone to know their connections while on the surface acting like it's no big deal.

• Love 4

Why does the dating have to happen in LA or NY for it to have happened? Clooney that is. It could have been a random place where their paths crossed.

Maybe Sonja introduced them when Carole was John John's +1 on Lady Morgan's yacht.

• Love 2

Carole Radziwill of Real Housewives of New York City Dated Ralph Fiennes, Romance Inspired New Novel

CELEBRITY NEWS

JUL. 9, 2014 AT 6:15PM BY SIERRA MARQUINA

93741f7b42278dfefaca19c4d373d128.jpg

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/carole-radziwill-dated-ralph-fiennes-stars-romance-inspired-novel-201497#ixzz3iC0GXHuk

Ralph-Fiennes-actors-25380776-479-700.jp

Excerpt-

Add a second handsome thespian to Carole Radziwill's little black book! The Real Housewives of New York City star—who famously dated George Clooney—also had a summer romance with English actor Ralph Fiennes. On the July 8 episode of the hit Bravo reality show, the author hinted that a passage in her new book, The Widow's Guide to Sex and Dating, was inspired by her real-life romance with The Grand Budapest Hotel actor.

"I hadn't seen Ralph for some time and heard he was in town," she recounts to Us. "I left a note at his hotel. It was a copy of a note that Sam Beckett had once written to a friend. I knew Ralph would get the reference. He's very intelligent, you know. That note and the subsequent meeting at the bookstore was loosely detailed toward the end of the book. I'm afraid that is all I will say. Wink."

"I'd forgotten I had used his full name in the show," the slender brunette concludes to Us, "I saw him a few months ago and he said the book was on his bedside table…He's an insatiable reader."

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

dish-080615-carole-boyfriend-01.jpg

Kim Richards to Carole:  "Get your own goddamned bike."

This is more stupid than Kelly running down the middle of the street.  High seat, low handlebars, Radzi in the way = slow reflexes, low peripheral/center vision.

Poor Baby.  He has hipster idiots for parents.  Nice guns, though, Adam.

• Love 7

Adam is a natural food chef and only uses organic produce because what you put into your body matters, yo.  This from a guy who once said to that end, he's working to find a more environmentally sound way to eat because cows create emissions that are worse for the environment than cars do.

These two could be delicious to snark on.  Andy should give them their own show. 

T2B2A151500000578-3189521-image-m-43_1438

• Love 3

Adam is a natural food chef and only uses organic produce because what you put into your body matters, yo.  This from a guy who once said to that end, he's working to find a more environmentally sound way to eat because cows create emissions that are worse for the environment than cars do.

These two could be delicious to snark on.  Andy should give them their own show. 

T2B2A151500000578-3189521-image-m-43_1438

Crazy isn't it? Makes zero sense to me. It's pretty standard, however. Me and my coworkers are always stunned when we do natural/organic trade shows that so many folks exhibiting their products are out in front smoking. You can hardly get in the door without smelling like an ashtray. On the other hand, you see little of it at the more mainstream shows. The folks that are smoking are hiding in the bushes somewhere so no one sees them. The difference is astounding and causes lots of conversation. At the same time, you rarely see fat folks at the natural shows, while it is common to have a great number of heavy folks working the more mainstream shows.

• Love 3

Title...GC...or not Carole has someone who's giving her bicycle rides and moooore (a chef of course, lol).

Are Carole Radziwill and Chef Adam Still Together?

By the looks of their recent bike ride, we're going to say yes. See the #RHONY couple hit the streets of NYC.

by Jordan Upmalis August 6, 2015 • 6:06 PM ET

BRAVO The Daily Dishhttp://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/are-carole-radziwill-and-chef-adam-still-togetherdish-080615-carole-boyfriend-02.jpgdish-080615-carole-boyfriend-01.jpg

I feel sorry for the dog. That is no way to carry a pet. I can imagine the dog feeling unsafe and squirming to get down as they are in traffic. Also, unless she keeps a good grip on the leash it could drop and get tangled in the bike's spokes, with disastrous results. Some people are too stupid to have pets. Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 11

I'm beyond caring about this relationship anymore.  Any sympathy I had for Lu's niece has ended with the realization that Lu is as fake as hell.  Adam and Carole are still together, so whatever.  I do think he looks grubby.  Is he wearing a pasta necklace?  I may possibly put myself in danger by riding on the handlebars, but I would never endanger my pets - no way.  Unless ear buds are part of his fashion choice, he ups the danger quotient by (apparently) using an mp3 while biking.

• Love 7

So how does his smoking work into his environmentally sound way of eating? And cows emitting gas is more harmful than his smoking sending carcinogens into the air around other people?  What a hypocrite!

• Love 1

He looks so dirty and she looks so stupid. I work in her neighborhood and there are a lot of try hard hipsters doing stupid things to look cool. I like Carol better when she stops trying so hard.

• Love 8

First off I'm assuming she just had her weekly top-up of Botox 'n' lip-filler. Her mouth looks totally skewed in that pic with the poor dog. And I've seen similar effects on other women when the person doing the injection doesn't get the location right and they end up looking a bit stroke-victim-y. Which is not a look I would seek out voluntarily.

Secondly, 'Ralph Fiennes is quite intelligent, you know'. Seriously, Carole? You condescending bitch. I read your book in 1st draft manuscript form and it wasn't 'intelligent' at all. You may thank that poor editor who is now trying to drag those essays out of you for any intelligence that drivel may have had.

• Love 9

Carole an Adam writing  book.  http://pagesix.com/2015/08/08/real-housewife-carole-radziwill-pens-cookbook-with-boyfriend/

Hmm. ..can write a blog because she didn't finish book number three but  out shopping for a publisher for a book with Adam. 

I don't see how one thing has to do with the other.   It was my understanding that she couldn't write a Bravo blog because of the terms of the contract with her publisher.   That likely means that she probably can't go forward with the cookbook with Adam until she finishes book number three as well.  

Let's get real about the cookbook.   Does anyone think it would be Carole's recipes?   She's doing this for Adam.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

In her first season didn't Carole say she smokes cigarettes? Only pink ones though,because they are safe. Does anyone else remember this?

I can't vouch for which season (I've been Huluing old episodes) but I just saw this the other day!

I watched with mouth agape because she looked like she was being perfectly serious.

And I kinda' like Carol!

Maybe the other "cigarettes" she maybe smokes influenced this odd thinking.

Carole an Adam writing  book.  http://pagesix.com/2015/08/08/real-housewife-carole-radziwill-pens-cookbook-with-boyfriend/

Hmm. ..can write a blog because she didn't finish book number three but  out shopping for a publisher for a book with Adam.

So the woman who allegedly was thinking of removing her kitchen in a renovation because she never cooks is going to do the text for her "we never heard of him" boyfriend chef. And it will be "plant-based vegan" recipes?!

so many things wrong with this. Let's accept that without her assistance no publishing house would ever consider publishing anything of this guy's. She is not competent to write the text for a cookbook (does she ever eat?). This is a small sign of the celebrity-obsessed nature of our society (and yeah, since I am snarking on them I am a part of it and a hypocrite). No one would care about either of them without this show. [sorry, bad day, while surfing the net I found a link to how "you too can look like Kylie Jenner" which involves a full thirty minutes of contouring the hell out of your face, pounds of makeup and removing all indications of personality or life from your face. Why are these people popular??]

I am also pondering the need to specify that vegan is "plant-based". Heck, if there is a "steak-based" form of veganism I am all for calling myself a vegan, it's so cool!! Has Carole ever indicated she is a vegan? Sounds like she is just following his habits, something I really dislike in a supposedly self-confident person.

• Love 8

If the cookbook actually does get written and published, I doubt Carole will be writing the recipes.  Adam will do that.  Carole will likely write a commentary on those recipes.  If a publisher is willing to back the book, I don't have a problem with that.

• Love 2

In her first season didn't Carole say she smokes cigarettes? Only pink ones though,because they are safe. Does anyone else remember this?

She did, but I assumed she was being facetious. If she had said organic or fair trade in place of pink, then I'd worry because I've heard people say that about organic doughnuts and organic fair trade sugar. But there is no stereotype about pink things being inherently healthier.

I also suspect that her joke about them being healthier was her attempt to retool a joke that didn't quite work about only smoking the pink ones because the money goes to breast cancer research. For clarification she never made the breast cancer research joke that we know of, but that's where my mind goes first if you are setting up a joke that starts with: I only smoke the pink cigarettes because ________.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2

I think Carole assumes people know that she is joking when she says things like......I only smoke pink cigarettes because they are the healthy ones or when she says she's going to remove her kitchen. The problem though is that it doesn't seem to be obvious to everyone. I see it all the time on the forum.....was she wasn't she serious about X? You would think that she would change up her "joking" style when so many are clueless to her meaning. I'm assuming (yeah I know) she's going for the laugh and it just falls flat. I think it's because her expression never changes. She looks perpetually stoned.

• Love 5

I don't want Carole or everyone to break to let me know that they are making a joke. And actually Carole does often break and crack up at her own jokes. The problem is that only half of Carole's jokes are funny (I'm being kind).

And if her original pink cigarette joke is as I suspect it was " I only smoke pink cigarettes because the money goes to cancer research" that is far too dark, nuanced, and absurd a joke for this show. It's a joke that is more at home on It's Always Sunny, Curb Your Enthusiasm, You're the Worst, or other darkly comedic shows. Even RHoAtlanta, which is the funniest and shadiest of the shows, couldn't pull off a joke like that. The jokes on these shows tend to be vulgar, punny, silly, and sometimes a little slapstick. They can't pull off dark, cynical, or sarcastic jokes. That darkness fights the aspirational and escapist aspects of the housewives franchise. It's why Bethenny's lame toes before hos joke worked: it is silly, a little mean, but not overly so. It was a pun and then had a secondary laugh as it played up Ramona's cluelessness.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2

Let's get real about the cookbook.   Does anyone think it would be Carole's recipes?   She's doing this for Adam.

He's a lucky guy. His social media followers have tripled or quadruped since his debut on RHONY and now he has an Emmy award winning ghostwriter for his cookbook!  Not only that, he's got a bitchin' apartment to crash at now.  I'd love to see his place.  Something tells me it's like the apartment of the 20-something that Carrie Bradshaw was boning.  No toilet paper and a naked roommate that smells of patchouli.

• Love 5

And if her original pink cigarette joke is as I suspect it was " I only smoke pink cigarettes because the money goes to cancer research" that is far too dark, nuanced, and absurd a joke for this show. It's a joke that is more at home on It's Always Sunny, Curb Your Enthusiasm, You're the Worst, or other darkly comedic shows.

It wasn't a joke, though.  She and Aviva were shopping together (!) and Carole told her she started smoking again.  Aviva said it was bad but Carole said it was okay because her cigarettes were pink and wouldn't cause cancer.  Team Aviva.

Carole's ciggies:

https://instagram.com/p/aOJ8zhjQRg/?taken-by=caroleradziwill

352 likes

113w

caroleradziwill

The infamous pink cigarette. Also available in blue, green yellow or red. Works great with any outfit! #RHONY

ETA:  I think she was joking about the pinks not causing cancer but she didn't say it was a joke at the time or reference anything about cancer research.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3

It wasn't a joke, though.  She and Aviva were shopping together (!) and Carole told her she started smoking again.  Aviva said it was bad but Carole said it was okay because her cigarettes were pink and wouldn't cause cancer.  Team Aviva.

Carole's ciggies:

https://instagram.com/p/aOJ8zhjQRg/?taken-by=caroleradziwill

It's a joke. The Instagram post even shows a surgeon general warning. She calls them the infamous pink cigarettes. She doesn't think that the pink ones are safe anymore than she thinks that the green ones reverse gravity. It was a joke, just not a funny one.

• Love 5

It's a joke. The Instagram post even shows a surgeon general warning. She calls them the infamous pink cigarettes. She doesn't think that the pink ones are safe anymore than she thinks that the green ones reverse gravity. It was a joke, just not a funny one.

Yes, the box she's showing has the Surg's Gen Warning printed on it.  As most (all?) packages of cancer causing cigarettes do. I'm sure she was joking about the pink one's not causing cancer. And I agree, it wasn't funny.  But she still smokes.  Dum dum.  No offense to those of you that do.  I know from experience it's a hard habit to break.

• Love 3

You mean the green ones aren't anti-gravity? Another bad purchase.

And you are absolutely right about the Housewives' audiences not being easily cued to that subtle humor.

I am now rerunning that scene in my head and laughing.

At both Carol and me!

• Love 3

I read What Remains this week. I thought it was tremendous, both beautiful and excruciating. I get the impression that her marriage, with her husband's illness a constant presence, forced her to learn to control and mask her feelings and that even now little gets through. The last sentence is a real gut-punch.

• Love 4

I just want to clarify that my statement about Carole's humor not translating well with the RH audience wasn't a dig at the audience per se; it's just that Carole is a bit incongruous in terms of this group. Understanding Carole's humor isn't really a sign of superior intelligence or sophistication. She's just different from what we are used to seeing on this show.

Oh, and I forgot to post the reason why I ventured over to this thread in the first place: I finally got Carole's book from the library and I finally have the time to read it!

I think that your and HunterHunted's observations are spot on.

Has less to do with the actual humor than the know your audience aspect.

Plus, Carol doesn't have much affect. Sometimes...

• Love 3

Ha, after all her hard work to cultivate the image that she doesn't even know how to turn on an oven, she's writing a cookbook. Hilarious. I am kind of curious to see how Bethenny reacts to this, if B comes back next season. She is the "natural chef" of the show after all.

• Love 2

I don't know. I always feel like I get Carole's jokes. I don't know what that says about me. Like, it's amazing to me that a full two years after the home reno was filmed folks are all, "But I thought she got rid of her kitchen?" In the very scene where she said she didn't use her kitchen so she wanted to do away with it, she smirked (and the interior designer was, like, "Yeah, no. Not happening."). On top of that, when they showed the "After" of the renovation, the kitchen was there, in tact and upgraded, but incorporating her work space. 

• Love 11

I don't know. I always feel like I get Carole's jokes. I don't know what that says about me. Like, it's amazing to me that a full two years after the home reno was filmed folks are all, "But I thought she got rid of her kitchen?" In the very scene where she said she didn't use her kitchen so she wanted to do away with it, she smirked (and the interior designer was, like, "Yeah, no. Not happening."). On top of that, when they showed the "After" of the renovation, the kitchen was there, in tact and upgraded, but incorporating her work space. 

You can come sit next to me. I seem to get her humor as well. I never took the kitchen thing seriously, and as you said it was sorted out fairly quickly that she was keeping the kitchen. 

• Love 6