Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

They had a "vacation" show on this am and they showed BH Paris. Kim was beyond high! No way she was sober for five minutes on this show.

ITA, and Kim was only out of rehab a few months when that was filmed!

• Love 3

It's not just employees -- rehabs are full of other patients, addicts just like Kim, who come and go with frequency.  And I would not put it past the tabloids to try to send people in who are already signed up to get the dirt for them.

The tabloids could also be contacting the visitors of anybody else who is in treatment with her to pick up any gossip they got from their family members.  A friend of mine should have overlapped years with Garth Brooks in high school and got contacted by a national tabloid looking for a story -- she had graduated early and in fact hadn't overlapped with him at all, but they didn't know that, which means they must have been contacting everybody in that town who might possibly have been in the same age range.  

They cast a wide net.  And that's not counting the friends of friends of people inside with her who might contact THEM, saying "my friend's sister just got out of the same rehab KR is in and she said she's a total diva, blah blah blah."

• Love 4

Regarding Kim's medical records- I seem to recall after Farrah Fawcett records were sold to the media there was a big crackdown.    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/celebrity-medical-records-indictment I may be incorrect but it seems to me the publishers are held both civilly and criminally responsible.

I do agree other patients aren't bound by confidentiality.  Sad to think someone would go in to get paid for info.

• Love 2

My son had a friend who worked at a high-end rehab.  She never said names, but sure gave easy hints as to who she was talking about.   I think it happens all the time - same with hospitals, etc.   Discretion doesn't seem to be high on the list of employees.

• Love 7

I mentioned before how I was in a hospital, and a doctor mentioned to the other doctors his experience with an actress whom I won't mention. I was floored that this discussion was taking place as I was laying there. I will admit, the story the doctor told was pretty damn interesting. Whenever I see this actress on television, I can't help but remember what this doctor said about her and how she lied about something to the public. I could have easily ran to the tabloids with what I heard, but that is not how I roll.

It amazes me that some people really think that health records, health information, anything related to it, is so secure from anyone except the health professionals. They are not secured like Fort Knox. Not to mention how records can easily be accessed via computers. People are having their medical information stolen in order to secure social security numbers and other information.

It's not just employees -- rehabs are full of other patients, addicts just like Kim, who come and go with frequency.  And I would not put it past the tabloids to try to send people in who are already signed up to get the dirt for them.

The tabloids could also be contacting the visitors of anybody else who is in treatment with her to pick up any gossip they got from their family members.  A friend of mine should have overlapped years with Garth Brooks in high school and got contacted by a national tabloid looking for a story -- she had graduated early and in fact hadn't overlapped with him at all, but they didn't know that, which means they must have been contacting everybody in that town who might possibly have been in the same age range. 

They cast a wide net.  And that's not counting the friends of friends of people inside with her who might contact THEM, saying "my friend's sister just got out of the same rehab KR is in and she said she's a total diva, blah blah blah."

Agree.

• Love 2

If Kim is still in contact with Brandi, I see it as a red flag and that she is not on a decent path of recovery.

Regarding Kim's medical records- I seem to recall after Farrah Fawcett records were sold to the media there was a big crackdown.    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/celebrity-medical-records-indictment I may be incorrect but it seems to me the publishers are held both civilly and criminally responsible.

I do agree other patients aren't bound by confidentiality.  Sad to think someone would go in to get paid for info.

The National Enquirer, the source of paying money to that person for revealing private info, never faced any charges for the info they received and published.  The woman who released that info, ended up pleading guilty but, she died before she could be sentenced.  Due to the many violations that had occurred at many facilities, a law was enacted in 2009. Hospitals face fines if any employee is found to release any info about patients. That occurred later in the year when Michael Jackson died. The hospital was fined $95k because of those breaches.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul/08/local/la-me-celebrity-snooping-20110708

• Love 2

He said the exact same things about Kim when she was still using.   Life is always rainbows and sunshine for Monty.  It must work for him.

Rainbows and sunshine just ooze out of his ass.

• Love 4
(edited)

I am completely uneducated about meds given to advanced cancer patients, but maybe someone here knows the answer to my question.  Are "uppers" included in the medication given to patients nearing the end?  Specifically, could Monty be on a supervised "high" to help his attitude?  Or is he naturally this upbeat about his condition?

My father-in-law died of lung cancer. I was with him all day, every day, as he neared the end of his life.  He was in no way a morose kind of man, but he certainly wasn't as "up" as Monty is.  Monty stuns me.  His attitude is remarkable!  I can't see the picture of him and Kim, so I can't judge him physically.  It's almost as if he's conning us, but I'm sure that's not the case.  How is he managing to be so upbeat at this stage of his life?

Edited by Lura

I am completely uneducated about meds given to advanced cancer patients, but maybe someone here knows the answer to my question.  Are "uppers" included in the medication given to patients nearing the end?  Specifically, could Monty be on a supervised "high" to help his attitude?  Or is he naturally this upbeat about his condition?

My father-in-law died of lung cancer. I was with him all day, every day, as he neared the end of his life.  He was in no way a morose kind of man, but he certainly wasn't as "up" as Monty is.  Monty stuns me.  His attitude is remarkable!  I can't see the picture of him and Kim, so I can't judge him physically.  It's almost as if he's conning us, but I'm sure that's not the case.  How is he managing to be so upbeat at this stage of his life?

I suspect that Monty was Kim's drug buddy when thy were married and when he would stay with her. I would not be surprised if he is taking something other than his RX pain meds now. JMO

• Love 5

Just rolling through to see if Kim's blog is up yet!

Kidding - wanted to see if this thread was still going. Does the instagram photo mean that Kim's out of rehab already, or do we think it was taken there?

• Love 3
I am happy to hear he isn't in any pain and I hope he is able to visit Kim.  Mot of all I would like him to be around when she gets out of rehab.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, zoeysmom.  Monty has quite a spirit.  I think he must have a lot of followers, partly because he is so upbeat about life. 

• Love 3

I find Montys messages very trite but hey,he should have died a year ago so if blowing platitudes out of your ass is working, keep on blowing.

That, and going to Vegas and hitting the bars.

• Love 6
(edited)

The Kensington Palace Orangerie, as my husband commented,  isn't very nice.  I wonder how the Orangerie people plan on serving all day and then turning it over to the Hiltons to decorate it and throw their wedding.  That's going to be a tight schedule.

By the time of the wedding, Kim won't have been in rehab for 90 days, will she?  I hope she stays in rehab and doesn't look at this wedding as a chance to fly the coop for a while.  As for Monty, I think his attendance would be risky.  He could get terribly sick over there and be unable to fly back.  He, too, should probably skip it, IMHO, of course.

Edited by Lura

The Orangery usually closes when they are having big events in order to set up. Given Kim is in rehab and Monty couldn't even travel a short plane ride for his daughters wedding I doubt he is going to travel to London for his ex-wife's nieces wedding no matter how close he is to Kathy.

The Orangery usually closes when they are having big events in order to set up. Given Kim is in rehab and Monty couldn't even travel a short plane ride for his daughters wedding I doubt he is going to travel to London for his ex-wife's nieces wedding no matter how close he is to Kathy.

Here is what Monty had to say 16 weeks ago. . . I feel bad for him that he has missed both weddings.  https://instagram.com/p/0LMDH4wfOD/?taken-by=montybrinson  Come to think of it I think he missed the fight as well.   I wonder if it is that Monty's health is such that he doesn't want to distract from the happy couples.  As you say Cabo shortish plane ride - especially by private jet and he could not make it to his daughter's wedding.  My other thought was Rick and Kathy didn't attend his daughter's wedding so maybe it was understood there were limits on the guest list for Nicki's. Although Kathy and Rick might be close to Monty he may not register with Nicki and Paris.

Here is the spot for the wedding:  http://www.hrp.org.uk/Resources/KP_Weddings_PDF.pdf

• Love 2
(edited)

Thanks for the pic of the venue,  Zoeysmom.   The only thing that we can figure out at our house is that the Orangerie must have small wings or other areas that we didn't see at teatime.  The room shown is far more plush than where we were.  It's the same configuration, only wider, but narrow and long as I had described.  This pic makes it look really nice for a wedding, I think.

One problem that I didn't think about before, re Monty, is that he has very limited lung power left.  My brother, who also suffers from a lung problem, has to be on oxygen and cannot fly without it, even on the largest jets flying coast to coast.  I'd think that Monty's case would be much the same, and smaller private jets would be even worse.  Just saying ... but that could be the reason why Monty doesn't fly.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

Interesting.  Monty's new IG post   https://instagram.com/p/41TpSMQfJK/?taken-by=montybrinson

Read the top post, then scroll a bit where he continues.  Seems he wants to clarify  some things "And to make one thing clear Kim and I are just friends- and I would like the Hilton family for all there support"  

Monty is an interesting man and sounds like someone who has been programmed.  So I guess  he has cancer and is not on his deathbed so why not go to your daughter's second wedding?  Perhaps the Hiltons and Monty stayed back because they had already given her a wedding.

Regarding Kim and a comeback.  Kim has not worked in scripted TV for a very long time. A regular role or leading role in a movie would be called a comeback.  Three lines on Revenge is not really an acting career.  Monty might want to check her IMDB.  It is very sweet be keeps thanking people while he is still with them.  I guess he won't be going to the big wedding this weekend.

• Love 1

What is the name of the supermarket that is associated with Monty?

Food World in North Carolina. Started by his maternal grandfather George Hutchens and bought by Harris Teeter in the 1980s.

(edited)

Stewed, I just did several searches to try to find out because I'd wondered the same thing.  I can't find the answer.  All any column says (that I read) is that he's an heir to a "supermarket franchise."  The word franchise doesn't mean that his dad or grandfather owned an entire chain, but it means that the relative owned one of its stores.  That's not such a big deal as I thought.  It's odd that it's so hard to pin down the name of it.  Hilton/Richards influence?  Were they trying to make him sound more wealthy than he actually was?

Edited by Lura
(edited)

LizDC Oh, I know of Harris Teeter. Lura, I also did a search and came up empty and thought it was odd that his name wasn't anywhere linked to a grocery name, just supermarket heir or one of the sites, Tamra Tattles I think, questioning it also because they said they couldn't find anything online either. It doesn't seem like he would be super wealthy from the buyout of the stores. Maybe comfortably wealthy. I read an article after finding out the name and it fills in the details of the buyout, but still doesn't make me know if he is super wealthy or just has some money.

Harris Teeter is an upscale, trendy supermarket that I email on a frequent basis requesting them to open a store in my county, but with the added request to not hire anyone that works at Walmart in my county [there is only one]. And it is filled with horrible workers and I avoid it completely. Gah, fffllllbbbbberrrrllllllllBa GAH [insert slight gag motion] [Michael Scott]. But Harris Teeter has also been bought out by Kroger. So all this gibberjabber to ask again, Do we really know if he is a wealthy man?

I guess the only one it really matters to is Kim, she's hoping she's named in the will with a big 'ol fat bequest of money. Money and meds are always closest to Kim's black heart when it comes to men.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 1

I find Montys messages very trite but hey,he should have died a year ago so if blowing platitudes out of your ass is working, keep on blowing.

Does Brooks from RHoOC know this?

• Love 7

Food World in North Carolina. Started by his maternal grandfather George Hutchens and bought by Harris Teeter in the 1980s.

From the Harris Teeter website: 

In 1984, Food World, a successful supermarket chain headquartered in Greensboro, NC, was purchased by Ruddick and merged with Harris Teeter. Food World was started in 1917 by George E. Hutchens of High Point, NC. Food World's market covered much of central North Carolina and parts of Virginia. The merger increased Harris Teeter's coverage to four states and 7,000 associates, making it the second largest food chain in the Carolinas. 

Food World added 52 stores, a distribution center and nearly 3,000 associates to Harris Teeter.

http://www.harristeeter.com/about_us/history.aspx

Stewed, I don't know how rich Monty is, a lot or a little.  Are you planning on making fast tracks to Bev Hills and snatching him away from Kim?  If so, it's not a bad idea!  lol

• Love 2

George Monty Brinson, maternal grandfather started the stores and one of his uncles remained on after the Harris Teeter merger. The merger happened before Kim was part of the family. Monty, I believe has five aunts an uncles that shared in his grandfather's estate. If you read Monty's own words the guy hasn't done anything ever in life. His parents gave him $1 million to make a movie starring Kim.  With a number of cousins, aunts, uncles and even his father survived his mother I am thinking if there is a trust it was perhaps in the names of his children not the ex wives. 

It has always seemed odd to me with three children in the LA basin this bon vivant has not established roots in either LA, Orange County or Las Vegas.  It leads me to believe he has done blown his wad, and relied on Kim, Terri and the Hiltons for shelter in his final days. 

• Love 2

Interesting, zoeysmom!  I have a question, though.  If the founding grandfather's name was Brinson, wouldn't he have been Monty's paternal grandfather, not his maternal?  His name was Brinson, and so is Monty's (and, presumably, Monty's father's).  Or am I the one who's confused? 

Unless Monty was ill all of his life, it's hard to imagine him never working at anything.  I guess that's what you call a playboy.  It seems like neither Kim nor Monty had much sense when they were younger.  It's enough to make you fear for Brooke. 

Monty is saying in a recent interview that if he has a soulmate, it's Kim.  I think maybe they were both dreamers instead of doers.

• Love 1

Interesting, zoeysmom!  I have a question, though.  If the founding grandfather's name was Brinson, wouldn't he have been Monty's paternal grandfather, not his maternal?  His name was Brinson, and so is Monty's (and, presumably, Monty's father's).  Or am I the one who's confused? 

Unless Monty was ill all of his life, it's hard to imagine him never working at anything.  I guess that's what you call a playboy.  It seems like neither Kim nor Monty had much sense when they were younger.  It's enough to make you fear for Brooke. 

Monty is saying in a recent interview that if he has a soulmate, it's Kim.  I think maybe they were both dreamers instead of doers.

He produced a movie and worked at being a professional poker player.  In my book at nearly 60 years of age that amounts to pretty much not working.  here are his stats from some poker player site:  http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-players/10061-monty-Brinson

Ah Monty always the optimist:  http://absurdtosublime.net/2011/12/20/kim-richards-ex-husband-speaks/

Creepy weird he supposedly approves all of Kim's dates.

• Love 1
(edited)

If I wanted a PR person, I'd hire Monty in a flash.  I think I love that man!  He phrases things so gently, a true southern gentleman, and I think he's one of Kim's greatest assets.  It's obvious that he loves her because he has nothing but good to say about her.  He has never sounded sappy to me -- only loyal.  In a way, I'd call him stubborn, the good kind of stubborn, because he refuses to reveal anything negative about Kim and always puts the best light on things.  From his mother's obit, she sounded like quite a woman, and I wonder whether Monty was raised to be the way he is. 

I've never heard of a "professional poker player" before, although there may be such a thing, but I've heard of gambling addictions. Does anyone know whether they're one and the same or different?

Thank you, LizDC, for the link.  I enjoyed reading about Monty's mother.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

If I wanted a PR person, I'd hire Monty in a flash.  I think I love that man!  He phrases things so gently, a true southern gentleman, and I think he's one of Kim's greatest assets.  It's obvious that he loves her because he has nothing but good to say about her.  He has never sounded sappy to me -- only loyal.  In a way, I'd call him stubborn, the good kind of stubborn, because he refuses to reveal anything negative about Kim and always puts the best light on things.  From his mother's obit, she sounded like quite a woman, and I wonder whether Monty was raised to be the way he is. 

He's not an asset to Kim, he's an enabler. Keep in mind that he talked this way about her when she was drinking and drugging this past year, and criticized people who were pushing rehab for her. Again, that's called enabling, not supporting.

I've never heard of a "professional poker player" before, although there may be such a thing, but I've heard of gambling addictions. Does anyone know whether they're one and the same or different?

No, they're not one and the same. Not at all.

• Love 12
(edited)

well, it looks like Kim did not make the wedding! I guess this rehab refused to give her a hall pass to attend after she bolted from the last place following that wedding/party! LOL https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/exclusive-why-kim-richards-missed-201400583.html

There is a very strange dynamic going on here.  Kathy and Rick miss the second wedding of Brooke put on by her in laws.  Kim misses the wedding of her niece.  With this family there is just no way one will ever get the truth but they are a squirrely lot.

Portia scores flower girl role  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1110155102332036

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
I've never heard of a "professional poker player" before, although there may be such a thing

There are thousands of professional poker players/games/tournaments all over the world.  There are tournaments on U.S. television where you can watch them play and hear their histories.  A current Big Brother contestant is professional poker player, Vanessa Rousso, who has earned almost $4million in her ten years of playing professionally.

• Love 5