Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

Just me but if I were Kim's children I would ask my aunts and Monty for help finding her a nice three bedroom home, be it condo or single family residence.  Kim's adult children need and fund an Uber account for her to see to it she can get to meetings and doctor appointments and check in regularly to see he has groceries and apparently wrapping paper and children's party supplies. I forgot she could always count on Brandi to drive her to a meeting or doctors' appointments.

• Love 3

Brandi has said in  an interview and basically said she and Kim are friends, she had recently spoken to her and she was going through it and she talks to Kathy Hilton all the time.  I can't imagine Kathy or Kyle want Brand to be the spokesperson but by default she has become the spokesperson.

Brandi also said in the same interview that Kim and Kyle are speaking again.

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/08/13/brandi-glanville-talking-kim-richards-kathy-hilton-confirms-theyre-still-friends/

• Love 1

Just me but if I were Kim's children I would ask my aunts and Monty for help finding her a nice three bedroom home, be it condo or single family residence.  Kim's adult children need and fund an Uber account for her to see to it she can get to meetings and doctor appointments and check in regularly to see he has groceries and apparently wrapping paper and children's party supplies. I forgot she could always count on Brandi to drive her to a meeting or doctors' appointments.

I don't see how any of that would change much for the family.  Having a home and transportation won't stop Kim from drinking, taking drugs, or shoplifting.  Nor will it solve the problem of waiting for the phone to ring to hear Kim's been arrested again, or worse. 

Kim has had homes before, and it didn't do anything to prevent her from getting to her current state.  She could move into the bedroom next door to Kathy, and she'd still be a drug addict and a drunk.

• Love 2

Izabella, totally agree with your sentiments. This is Kim being Kim. I used to think she was just a drunk/drug addict. Now I really do believe she's mentally ill. She'll never change until she's committed full time to a mental hospital, which is perhaps the next step for her. Or death. 

I don't see how any of that would change much for the family.  Having a home and transportation won't stop Kim from drinking, taking drugs, or shoplifting.  Nor will it solve the problem of waiting for the phone to ring to hear Kim's been arrested again, or worse. 

Kim has had homes before, and it didn't do anything to prevent her from getting to her current state.  She could move into the bedroom next door to Kathy, and she'd still be a drug addict and a drunk.

No it will not stop Kim from drinking-it will provide her shelter and having an uber account will permit her to go when she needs to.  It keeps her from driving a car.

The rest is  up to Kim.  I do not blame her children or sisters for not wanting to take her in and by the same token I think all concerned would like to think she has a warm place at night to sleep  and watch Escape From Witch Mountain, be it drunk or sober.   More along the lines of creature comforts.

• Love 4

Yeah I bet Kathy is thrilled to get those phone calls.

I doubt that she actually SPEAKs to Kathy. It's probably just text messaging. However, If Kathy does truly Speak and not just Write, she may be hesitant to not do so because who knows what family information Kim may have stupidly bubbled and babbled to whoever.

•Experiencing technical difficulties with my tablet. Quoting function may be in error.•

Edited by thewhiteowl
misogynist slur
  • Love 1

Just me but if I were Kim's children I would ask my aunts and Monty for help finding her a nice three bedroom home, be it condo or single family residence. Kim's adult children need and fund an Uber account for her to see to it she can get to meetings and doctor appointments and check in regularly to see he has groceries and apparently wrapping paper and children's party supplies. I forgot she could always count on Brandi to drive her to a meeting or doctors' appointments.

YES. Great idea.

No it will not stop Kim from drinking-it will provide her shelter and having an uber account will permit her to go when she needs to. It keeps her from driving a car.

The rest is up to Kim. I do not blame her children or sisters for not wanting to take her in and by the same token I think all concerned would like to think she has a warm place at night to sleep and watch Escape From Witch Mountain, be it drunk or sober. More along the lines of creature comforts.

Exactly. THE FAMILY(and by this, I mean mainly Mauricio and "Bad Sister" Kyle ) has been helping for many many many many... years. Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 2

No it will not stop Kim from drinking-it will provide her shelter and having an uber account will permit her to go when she needs to.  It keeps her from driving a car.

The rest is  up to Kim.  I do not blame her children or sisters for not wanting to take her in and by the same token I think all concerned would like to think she has a warm place at night to sleep  and watch Escape From Witch Mountain, be it drunk or sober.   More along the lines of creature comforts.

And it might give her family even just a fragment of peace of mind. And it would certainly help to not have to deal with her disruptions 24/7. And the thought of her driving...

As has been amply stated here, it's all on Kim, the addict.

I would be very surprised if that distant rehab center she was sent to was not able to supply support for Kim once she got home. Sounds like another excuse.

I thank all for sharing personal stories of their or their family members' addictions. Really drives home what Kim's family is dealing with.

• Love 2

How can ANYONE in that "family" talk to  after the unbelievable DISrespect that she has gleefully FLUNG at Kyle, Mauricio, and Mauricio's business. And, all of these acts have been performed with rabid persistence and deranged consistency.

Edited by thewhiteowl
removed misogynist slur
  • Love 4

Hahaha! No hard feelings, stewedsquash! (lol) I am woefully inept with E-technology --at least, that's what my son tells me with a slow and sad shake of his "cutey - pie" head.

But, as this was a fluke, you may certainly count on me returning to my usual sloppy manner of posting. (lol)!

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 2

I think of it like a family-run hospice. Everything that could be done, has been. It's time to switch gears and focus on what time is left. Try to make it as coordinated/safe/easy/comfortable on everyone involved, as much as possible.

• Love 2

Working out something for Kim is a tall, tall order, as we have seen here.  Weighing all of the options, I seem to lean the closest to zoeysmom's ideas and only if they could be worked out legally to be airtight and sanctioned by the courts and if lawyers for the family as well as Kim could be in agreement.  The agreement between all of the sisters is vital, I think.  If the terms are agreeable to all of them, to their lawyers and to the court, I think it should be implemented as soon as possible. This could just be the solution to ending the stalemate and bringing all concerned to the table, IMO.

Kim's long standing grudges with Kyle will prevent Kim from ever agreeing to anything put forth by the family.   She has so much anger towards anyone who questions her addiction, her dedication to sobriety, her mental health, and the list goes on, even her kids.   That anger she showed during the off-scene Dr Phil show was so revealing.   She turned on her kids when they tried to reason with her, you can only imagine the hostility she has towards Kyle.  It won't help Kim if her family buys, or rents, her another house/condo, and pays her bills.   She needs a judge, somebody outside the family to take control.  The family needs to become conservators over Kim - control all her finances, every major decision in her life.   I think her kids are looking to their Aunts to help out. . . they are too young to handle all this on their own.     I'm sure the conversations that Kim has had with Brandi (from Brandi's tweets that she's been in touch with Kim & speaks to Kathy all the time), that Brandi is calling Kathy for help.   She doesn't want to be involved in this mess, but she proclaimed her "ride or die" friendship with Kim, so she's on the hook.

This whole situation doesn't look like it's going to end well.

• Love 3

Kim's long standing grudges with Kyle will prevent Kim from ever agreeing to anything put forth by the family.   She has so much anger towards anyone who questions her addiction, her dedication to sobriety, her mental health, and the list goes on, even her kids.   That anger she showed during the off-scene Dr Phil show was so revealing.   She turned on her kids when they tried to reason with her, you can only imagine the hostility she has towards Kyle.  It won't help Kim if her family buys, or rents, her another house/condo, and pays her bills.   She needs a judge, somebody outside the family to take control.  The family needs to become conservators over Kim - control all her finances, every major decision in her life.   I think her kids are looking to their Aunts to help out. . . they are too young to handle all this on their own.     I'm sure the conversations that Kim has had with Brandi (from Brandi's tweets that she's been in touch with Kim & speaks to Kathy all the time), that Brandi is calling Kathy for help.   She doesn't want to be involved in this mess, but she proclaimed her "ride or die" friendship with Kim, so she's on the hook.

This whole situation doesn't look like it's going to end well.

Watching the "For Your Approval" clips on Bravo tonight, I got all kinds of pissed off at Twitch again.  Why the hell did Lisa Rinna apologize to that lunatic for a text message, after Twitch threatened to "tell stories" about Harry Hamlin?  Noooooo.  Not in any sane world should that have happened.  Kim is a piece of shit who has proven over the years - just on RHoBH, we aren't privy to what went on before the cameras - that she's a self-entitled egomaniac.  She has been horrible and vicious to her fellow housewives, starting in the first season!  Then, she got a reprieve with her disgusting drug-enduced behavior to Brandi on the first Game Night because Brandi proved herself to be a piece of shit in following seasons.  That does not mean both of them cannot be pieces of shit.  There is no redemption for Kim, her ego will not allow her to change.  I understand the addictions/mental problems come into play, but I believe it's her ego that led her into that in the first place.  No Escape from Kim Mountain, indeed.  Kyle needs to focus on her husband and children because frankly, if I was Mauricio, I would have put the kybosh on this enabling LONG ago.

• Love 9

Saw a good documentary about Chris Farley. He went to rehab 17 times and then they found him dead in his apartment in the John Hancock Center in Chicago. 

Interesting........

• Love 2

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/08/13/brandi-glanville-talking-kim-richards-kathy-hilton-confirms-theyre-still-friends/   I am not quite sure where Kathy Hilton has said Brandi Glanville is a good influence on Kim. 

Maybe RHOBH plans to feature Kim and Brandi as friends of the RHOBH?  I could see them hanging out with Yolanda-or show Brandi visiting Yolanda and Kim in their various rehab venues.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

From what they describe, it actually sounds like a blackout, not some sort of memory loss or problem. No surprise there, and it's awfully convenient for her to say she doesn't remember things when she doesn't want to talk about them. That said, I do think at this point she has a lot of brain damage. The article also acted like she is only recently being too stubborn to accept treatment, what that is clearly a life long characteristic. 

So glad she isn't my mess to try and clean up.

• Love 6

I think what they're referring to in that article is what's known as "black outs". When hard core alcoholics drink to excess they have no recollection of anything they say or do. And that's when they are at their ugliest and meanest. I find it odd that her behavior is referred to as memory loss. Sounds like just another way to downplay kims addictions and gain possible sympathy for poor kim. I have a friend who is an alcoholic and although he doesn't steal, he does "black out" and uses that as an excuse for why he behaves so badly. Kim has so many great opportunities to get help in the best facilities available and she chooses her addiction over recovery. She led a very charmed life and now she's no better off than a homeless addict on the streets. I'll bet there's lots of homeless addicts who would love to have the same treatment options available to them as kim does and they would embrace it, get clean/sober and have a good life. But kim still thinks she is a Hollywood star. "I was in Witch Mountain!"

As another poster said upthread "stick a fork in her, she's done"

• Love 6

Maybe Kim and her family are implying when Kim went on her Target shopping spree, she was blacked out and doesn't remember? That's a stretch IMO.

Imo, Kim probably has permanent brain damage at this point from the long-term alcohol and drug abuse.......I just don' think she is ever going to get back to any kind of "normal" behavior no matter how many rehab stays she can cram in.....I am just so surprised she's even still alive

• Love 10

It's nearly impossible to know whether Kim is having blackouts or whether she's just plain stubborn.  IMO. it's both.  Blackouts occur frequently in alcoholics, so I would imagine that Kim can barely remember what she did last night most of the time.  Moreover, no one could convince me that Kim is not mentally and physically ill at this point.  She's been using/abusing both drugs and alcohol for so many years that they both have caused changes in her body and her mind.  That's a well-known fact.

Kim's family has every reason to be worried, primarily because Kim needs the drugs and the alcohol to survive at this point.  Her body and her mind are accustomed to them, and she could die if she were forced to go without them cold turkey, so to speak.  The delirium traumas (DTs) could give her a heart attack or something else sinister from a withdrawal like that.  At the same time, she needs to be off the alcohol and drugs for her health, so she's in a Catch-22 situation, damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. 

• Love 4

Sorry cosmicmuffin, didn't intend to be redundant. i must have been typing my response as you posted. I guess we're on the same "cosmic muffin" today with our posts!

No problem, chenoa333, I figured it was something like that. We aren't the ones with memory problems,  :)

ii

Can her family put her on a 72 hour hold at a psych facility and keep her there?

Fast enough to avoid the media, and will stay long enough until she thinks she's fooled everyone once again.

Not unless she has expressed suicidal ideation or homicidal ideation. A judge could if she is actively psychotic.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 2

ii

Not unless she has expressed suicidal ideation or homicidal ideation. A judge could if she is actively psychotic.

I am thinking next up for Kim will be a conservatorship.  Either Kathy or Brooke could act as her conservator.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

I am thinking next up for Kim will be a conservatorship.  Either Kathy or Brooks could act as her conservatorship.

I hope it is Kathy! Let her take care of Kim for a while, IMO, it was Kyle/Mauricio for far too long with very little help from Kathy/Rick and Kim's children had to deal with her craziness far too long growing up!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

For a moneyed/monied small extended family, they have accrued quite the arrest(s) record(s).

Can you imagine the outcome of the following scenario:

(Please, read carefully. A quiz will follow.)

An "average" 50+ year old woman disturbed a hotel lounge with drunken sloppy behavior, turned around and with profanity laced belligerent behavior violently attacked a police officer by kicking. An arrest followed. Then JUST WEEKS LATER, THAT SAME 50+ year old woman stole $600!! in goods from a store and WAS ARRESTED AGAIN and had to sleep off a mind altered fugue state fueled by drugs and/or alcohol before permission was granted for release.

Under these circumstances, would the AVERAGE 50+ year old woman be:

A. Harshly subdued, arrested, issued a stinging tongue lashing then, later, imprisoned.

B. Harshly subjugated( if one is lucky) and then face a strong possibility of death(accidently, of course).

C. Given restroom privileges THEN arrested. Issued a strong verbal admonishment, 30-90 days at a plush resort and a pleasant,"Good day, suh(or, in this case, ma'am), I say, good day".

**Those who answer correctly will receive extra credit. :-)

I couldn't help thinking of Kim and her treatment when I think of all the news of others treatment by police. It is upsetting.

• Love 4

It's nearly impossible to know whether Kim is having blackouts or whether she's just plain stubborn.  IMO. it's both.  Blackouts occur frequently in alcoholics, so I would imagine that Kim can barely remember what she did last night most of the time.  Moreover, no one could convince me that Kim is not mentally and physically ill at this point.  She's been using/abusing both drugs and alcohol for so many years that they both have caused changes in her body and her mind.  That's a well-known fact.

Kim's family has every reason to be worried, primarily because Kim needs the drugs and the alcohol to survive at this point.  Her body and her mind are accustomed to them, and she could die if she were forced to go without them cold turkey, so to speak.  The delirium traumas (DTs) could give her a heart attack or something else sinister from a withdrawal like that.  At the same time, she needs to be off the alcohol and drugs for her health, so she's in a Catch-22 situation, damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

There are medications they can use to ease the stress on the body. My boyfriend's brother is long-time alcoholic who needed heart surgery, and the were giving him IV' s of something

To prevent the DTs

• Love 1

Yes, Tulip 555, there is a "magic medicine" given to patients to rid them of the DTs.  My cousin told me about it because his wife had to be hospitalized for alcoholism.  She told him that she never experienced one moment of discomfort -- no shaking, no nausea, nothing.  She couldn't believe it.  She was on it for the first few days, and then they switched her to something else.  She said if she'd known about that, she'd have gotten help years earlier.  It sounds like a painless way to stop drinking.  If they could just get Kim into a hospital ....

Edited by Lura
  • Love 4

First time poster, long time reader.

I've been re-watching past seasons on Hulu and reading old posts here. I have such a personal response to the Kim and Kyle dynamic as my sister is an alcoholic/drug addict. A few posts really struck home with me. I was always told by my mother and grandmother that I was the level headed one,the one with common sense,the cute one. My sister was the smart one,the beautiful one,the high-strung one. These comparisons pitted us against each other.Recently my sister said to me "You were always the level-headed one" and my reply was, "I guess that was my cross to bear." Because it was.

Another person said that Kim might wonder how Kyle's life turned out so much better than hers. My sister actually voiced this sentiment, while wishing it was me that was the alcoholic(I don't drink at all). Nice right?

Finally, someone asked why did Kyle drag Kim around to events that she clearly didn't want to attend. I feel it was Kyle in complete over protective,co-dependant,enabler mode. If Kim didn't film,she'd lose her job. A job she clearly needed. A job that Kyle thought was saving her( how wrong she was).

My sister and I went 10 years without speaking. I cut her out of my life after years of dealing with her. Her behaviour affected my daughter, just once, and that was it for me. Her 3 young children were taken from her(with my mother's help). Tragically, her eldest son died from a herion overdose,while his younger brother continues with addiction.At this time we re-connected. We fell out again,during the time that my mother passed away.Their relationship was very love/hate.This estrangement lasted 2 years. She then leaned on my brother and imposed her drama and dysfunction on him. He took in her daughter, who was in danger of being placed in foster care, while she went into rehab, now they don't speak.Her life continues to be a struggle. I have minimal contact. But I always worry,I always wonder if I could have done more, I feel sad when she is looked down on by others. So I understand Kyle's guilty feeling watching her sister be exposed..but at the same time feeling frustrated,anger..sometimes hate.

Sorry for the long personal post..but it just hits close to home. Doesn't help that our names are Kim and Karen.

I'm interested to see Kyle this season without the burden of having to carry Kim on her shoulders, and I do hope that Kim gets the kind of help she needs,before it's too late.

Thank you for sharing that, 100 percent pain -- one of the most bitter parts of addiction (as i'm sure you know) is the unearned guilt felt by those who tried their best to help, when the addict would not help themselves -- all the best to you. xo

• Love 8

Yes, Tulip 555, there is a "magic medicine" given to patients to rid them of the DTs.  My cousin told me about it because his wife had to be hospitalized for alcoholism.  She told him that she never experienced one moment of discomfort -- no shaking no nausea, nothing.  She couldn't believe it.  She was on it for the first few days, and then they switched her to something else.  She said if she'd known about that, she'd have gotten help years earlier.  It sounds like a painless way to stop drinking.  If they could just get Kim into a hospital ....

Thank you, Lura for your response. Guess that's a big "if" for Kim

Yes, Tulip 555, there is a "magic medicine" given to patients to rid them of the DTs.  My cousin told me about it because his wife had to be hospitalized for alcoholism.  She told him that she never experienced one moment of discomfort -- no shaking no nausea, nothing.  She couldn't believe it.  She was on it for the first few days, and then they switched her to something else.  She said if she'd known about that, she'd have gotten help years earlier.  It sounds like a painless way to stop drinking.  If they could just get Kim into a hospital ....

Haven't they already tried this?  I recall Kim was in the hospital for 5, 7, 9 days after taking Monty's pill for her 100% pain.  I'm guessing they also use that medication on those posh rehabs Kim likes to go to. 

I don't think the pain of detox is Kim's problem.  I think Kim LIKES being high and drunk. 

• Love 11

Thank you for sharing that, 100 percent pain -- one of the most bitter parts of addiction (as i'm sure you know) is the unearned guilt felt by those who tried their best to help, when the addict would not help themselves -- all the best to you. xo

Thank you. and you are so right. We struggle as they struggle.

• Love 2

Welcome aboard 100percentpain. I don't have sisters so it is always interesting to me to hear about sister dynamics. I have three sons and the little things they say sometimes blows my mind. I 100% treat each one fair and equal but of course different because they are each different yet the sibling rivalry rears its head from time to time and I am always What?? y'all be crazy! I am the equalist Mama in the world! 

Thanks for the welcome.  Yes, sibling relationships are very complex. Best friends,rivals,sometimes adversaries. it's great that you are so mindful of being equal (but naturally different) with your boys. I have an only child..so she gets me all to herself...lol..I'm sure she'd like to share sometimes!

I don't think the pain of detox is Kim's problem.  I think Kim LIKES being high and drunk. 

You bring up an important distinction, as it seems like Kim is still experiencing more pleasure from being drunk and high than misery.  Some addicts hate being addicted to drugs and realize that it's a problem that they can't get a handle on (because of the dependency factor or from low self-esteem and negative re-enforcement behaviors), no matter how much they want/try to.  Other addicts revel in their addiction and feel that the high is worth the cost to every other aspect of their lives, so they run from any attempt at sobriety.  I have no idea what it would take for Kim to 'switch' mindsets and willingly work on herself, if anything could at all, at this point.  Mental deterioration/illness is a real possibility and can hinder her ability for personal insight.  It's all such a cluster.  

ETA:  Brandi is such an half-wit.  

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 8

A few years ago my older brother underwent Rapid Detox for an opiate addiction.  He had a back injury and started taking pain meds, then got hooked on oxycontin, then we suspect heroin.   He was hospitalized,  place under general anesthetic for 8 hours and given opiate blockers, anti-nausea medication and some other stuff.  They kept him in for two days.    It seemed to work, and his dr's now carefully monitor any/all medication.   I seriously suspect that's what Kim had done during her hospital stay - the 5, 7, 8 day one. 

That being said, my brother is a complete Asshat.  He's self-absorbed, vain, rude, feel superior to everyone else, and in general a real jerk.  That did not go away!  He only managed to be even jerkier without the drugs.   I think Kim's troubles, aside from the addiction, go much deeper.  They can cure her of the addiction, give her skills to manage sobriety, but that won't take away her anger issues, nor will it give her the wealth, fame and family she feels she deserves.

• Love 17

That has always been Kim's issue-once she stopped acting she was spoiled with wealthy and wealthier husbands and liked her drink and drugs.  Then mom died and Kyle stepped in.  Kim's family was tired of telling her she needed to work to support her lifestyle,  They knew she was a drunk-her youngest-when filming began lived with Dad and Kim just lived in this fantasy world of chicken salad and proms. 

The sad thing was she found a friend in Brandi who assisted her in blaming Kyle for all of Kim;s problems.  At this time Brandi is the most least aware person when it comes to addiction.  Her pronouncing Kim intelligent (not in the least), funny (to who) and sweet are just code words for Brandi trying desperately to hang on to the brass ring of RHOBH.  At some point (and Kim never does) she would need to take a look back and see the horrible things Brandi did to Kyle and Kim is more of Brandi's cheerleader and less of a sister to Kyle.

• Love 9