Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

(edited)

If there was a clause in her Bravo contract this season, that she not be inebriated while filming...I think Dr. Phil may have gotten Kim to admit she was drinking and her son Chad brought up prescription drugs and weed.

Now it appears Bravo may be dictating a 90 day rehab program for her...does this means she will stay on the show if she puts in 90 days? I just don't see her doing it...so hopefully for her good she will be terminated from next season.

Edited by talula
  • Love 2
(edited)

Hello All, This is my first post. I must say this is the best forum I have come upon in regards to tv shows personalities. Really enjoy reading all the articulate comments.

Personally I don't think Kim will ever be sober. She has lived this way far too long (almost 51) without family enabling she wouldn't have lived this long.

I discovered this on TamaraTattles & found it really quite interesting. Note Tamara writes a comment in regards to the video she posted of Kim @ the airport.    http://tamaratattles.com/2015/05/01/shocking-video-of-kim-richards-popping-pills-in-the-airport/

May 1, 2015 at 11:26 pm

tamaratattles "​Kim has been through a lot of horrific things from a young age. I completely understand her self-medicating. I don’t think it is necessary to list all of the things she has been through here, in fact, I’m not allowing it."

Edited by family
  • Love 6
(edited)

I don't think she will ever be sober either.....this has become such a way of life for her that I don't think she could live any other way. She has much too much pain to deal with. I have been surprised that she has lived this long.....I have expected to hear of her death for some time.

Welcome...good to have you here.

Edited by tulip555
  • Love 6
(edited)

Hello tulip555 & thank you for the welcoming!

I agree. Since Kim has never faced her demons...I really don't see her embracing sobriety at this point in her life.

Edited by family
  • Love 4

Welcome family although Tamara Tattles has a lot of insight on the RHOA she has been really wrong about any number of things on RHOBH.

Kim had a pretty good life as a child.  She was raised in an affluent neighborhood, given excellent treatment by the Disney folks and made and banked a lot of money.  For some reason people like Tamara insisted on substituting their opinion or the moronic often flawed  statements of one Jerry Oppenheimer.  I think a more accurate observation is that once Kim became an adult she was unable to maintain her commitment to her marriages.  Perhaps it was her upbringing with a mother who had multiple marriages.  Most of the people who make the claims about Paris Hilton's maternal grandmother (because the book was largely about discrediting Paris Hilton) in the book are people such as Kim's stepmother.   From reading the excerpts from the book she seems like a miserable and inappropriate person.

There has been a link from Stoopid Housewives where Kim gives an interview and talks about her childhood as a star and she claims she has no regrets as she was able to relive the really important childhood events (riding a school bus and going on field trips) through her children.

Welcome family although Tamara Tattles has a lot of insight on the RHOA she has been really wrong about any number of things on RHOBH.

Kim had a pretty good life as a child.  She was raised in an affluent neighborhood, given excellent treatment by the Disney folks and made and banked a lot of money.  For some reason people like Tamara insisted on substituting their opinion or the moronic often flawed  statements of one Jerry Oppenheimer.  I think a more accurate observation is that once Kim became an adult she was unable to maintain her commitment to her marriages.  Perhaps it was her upbringing with a mother who had multiple marriages.  Most of the people who make the claims about Paris Hilton's maternal grandmother (because the book was largely about discrediting Paris Hilton) in the book are people such as Kim's stepmother.   From reading the excerpts from the book she seems like a miserable and inappropriate person.

There has been a link from Stoopid Housewives where Kim gives an interview and talks about her childhood as a star and she claims she has no regrets as she was able to relive the really important childhood events (riding a school bus and going on field trips) through her children.

• Love 8

I am not sure Brandi thinks she is fired but IMO, she fears or suspects she will be. She has no one left, Yolanda was unable to be there with Brandi/Kim because of her illness(s), so that left Kim and look at where Kim is now. Brandi is really trying to spin her enabling of Kim during filming as the act of a "real, true friend" but she knows that will not fly for most viewers, including some of her own fans. Of all the people that could have taken Brandi down or out of the show, who would have thought it could/would be Kim? LOL

I want to be careful here because the thread is about Kim - and I don't want to make it about Brandi, but I did read this morning that none of the HW's attended Brandi's wine launch.  Very telling indeed.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2059031/bravo-friends-brandi-glanville-kim-richards-reunite-at-rehab-troubled-actress-is-doing-great-after-arrest/

To bring us back to Kim : ) , apparently Brandi has seen her since her arrest and says she's "doing fine".  Although how Brandi could gauge that from her usual drunken stupor is beyond me but whatever.  It seems she also has plans to continue to see Kim in rehab.

"As for whether or not Richards is taking her recovery seriously, Glanville told the magazine, “Yes, absolutely. Yep.”"

• Love 2

I was totally hoping she'd walk out in the infamous Bow Tie Top from her RHOBH talking heads.

BRILLIANT!!!

*clapping*

Bow Tie Top is the best thing about Kim Richards.

• Love 6

ok question. In the House of Hilton book there are negative statements about big Kathy made by Monty and Kay R. ( dog bite Kay) . Did Kim use them as a mouth peice to get the negative info about Kathy out there? I know if someone called my mother a slut there isnt enough money in the world to forgive that person, yet Kim remained friends with Kay until the Kingsley incident . She had to make peace with Monty for her daughter's sake but she is above and beyond chummy with him #truelove . I never understood this unless they had Kim's approval.

• Love 2
(edited)

Hello All, This is my first post. I must say this is the best forum I have come upon in regards to tv shows personalities. Really enjoy reading all the articulate comments.

Personally I don't think Kim will ever be sober. She has lived this way far too long (almost 51) without family enabling she wouldn't have lived this long.

I discovered this on TamaraTattles & found it really quite interesting. Note Tamara writes a comment in regards to the video she posted of Kim @ the airport. http://tamaratattles.com/2015/05/01/shocking-video-of-kim-richards-popping-pills-in-the-airport/

May 1, 2015 at 11:26 pm

tamaratattles "​Kim has been through a lot of horrific things from a young age. I completely understand her self-medicating. I don’t think it is necessary to list all of the things she has been through here, in fact, I’m not allowing it."

Welcome Family.

Im like ZoeyM. While TT has her tea on RHOA, why is she counting on an unauthorized book and this a blind item that possibly alleged Kim went through some type of abuse. Im not quick give Kim anymore excuses. Just because shes abuses drugs doesnt give her the right to make family's life miserable and nightmare like she has done in the 30yrs. If shes not willing to work on her emotional demons while in rehab then thats on her. She should had been working on such years ago but she chose substance abuse over her children many of times. They are the ones that get the most sympathy from me at this point. They are the ones that have suffered and hurt because of their moms drug/alcohol woes. They have every right to walk away from her unless she choses to get help and stay the path of sobriety with no bs. They allowed to set boundaries and not sit back and watch their mom slowly kill herself. I cant blame her children for not sticking around.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 6

ok question. In the House of Hilton book there are negative statements about big Kathy made by Monty and Kay R. ( dog bite Kay) . Did Kim use them as a mouth peice to get the negative info about Kathy out there? I know if someone called my mother a slut there isnt enough money in the world to forgive that person, yet Kim remained friends with Kay until the Kingsley incident . She had to make peace with Monty for her daughter's sake but she is above and beyond chummy with him #truelove . I never understood this unless they had Kim's approval.

Zoeysmom might be able to correct me if wrong, but it is my understanding that Kay was estranged from Kim because of her involvement in the book. They had only recently connected again when she stayed at Kim's home and was attacked by the dog.

• Love 3
(edited)

Hello Zoeysmom & BlackMamba! Thank you both for the welcome. I appreciate your informative update regarding Tamaratattles & the Stoopid Housewives interview.

I never meant to imply that Kim was not responsible for her own actions & behavior. I despise the way she treats people & feel terrible for her children. I guess my main point is...since Kim has lived this way for all of her adult life-I really don't see her changing her ways. The only reason she is alive is due to her family helping her in all aspects of her life.

Edited by family
  • Love 3
(edited)

My theory about Kim since the earliest seasons is that Kim had the cognition and resources to get help with whatever issues / demons she had but she chose to go the learned helplessness route.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 9

I want to be careful here because the thread is about Kim - and I don't want to make it about Brandi, but I did read this morning that none of the HW's attended Brandi's wine launch.  Very telling indeed.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2059031/bravo-friends-brandi-glanville-kim-richards-reunite-at-rehab-troubled-actress-is-doing-great-after-arrest/

To bring us back to Kim : ) , apparently Brandi has seen her since her arrest and says she's "doing fine".  Although how Brandi could gauge that from her usual drunken stupor is beyond me but whatever.  It seems she also has plans to continue to see Kim in rehab.

"As for whether or not Richards is taking her recovery seriously, Glanville told the magazine, “Yes, absolutely. Yep.”"

LOL, This is the same Brandi that claimed Kim was very busy driving people, Monty/Chad, back and forth to the hospital when Kim was in fact on a trip in Mexico with Brooke/MIL! LOL In other words, she is a liar and IMO, is counting on no on calling her out on her lies regarding visiting Kim.

• Love 8
(edited)

LOL, This is the same Brandi that claimed Kim was very busy driving people, Monty/Chad, back and forth to the hospital when Kim was in fact on a trip in Mexico with Brooke/MIL!

In retrospect, they are fortunate that Kim wasn't driving them anywhere.   If she had been, she probably would have dropped them off, hit the Polo Lounge and then picked them for the ride home.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 6

I never meant to imply that Kim was not responsible for her own actions & behavior. I despise the way she treats people & feel terrible for her children. I guess my main point is...since Kim has lived this way for all of her adult life-I really don't see her changing her ways. The only reason she is alive is due to her family helping her in all aspects of her life.

No harm here I respect your opinion.

• Love 6

Kim is such an odd mix of sly, canny addict behavior and complete delusional cluelessness. I think Kim wastes no time with those who don't enable her or those who won't be bullied into enabling her and that she just kind of forgot that they exist. I think she was totally befuddled and enraged when Dr Phil didn't play along.  I have been a big fan of Dr Phil but that doesn't mean much, I don't watch him much anymore because I felt he became so redundant, I was bored. I feel like he didn't let me down on this but there were a few things left out, well, time is a factor and you can't please everyone all the damn time but overall I was happy with it.

I doubt Kim will make it the whole way through but I wish her the best with it. I sure do hope she doesn't return to the show because I think it's all been said and done and I would be really put off to see all the others kiss her ass for making through rehab. (if she does) Also the endless analyzing of her every comment and facial expression and wondering what she's on now.  I'm tired of it and tired of Kim I can only imagine how her family feels and sympathize.

• Love 16

You must be reading my mind. I was thinking the same thing.

Zoeysmom might be able to correct me if wrong, but it is my understanding that Kay was estranged from Kim because of her involvement in the book. They had only recently connected again when she stayed at Kim's home and was attacked by the dog.

Thanks. Wow she returns to Kim's life and is attacked by her dog. I would see that as the universe is telling me to run away from Kim's life. :)
  • Love 7

I don't know about the estrangement and reconciliation with Kay. Kay called her mother a whoring stage mom and Kim is not the forgiving type as we have seen. Monty called her mother a gold digger amoung other things and apparently they have remained close since their divorce. I'm really starting to beleive that those things were said with Kims approval. Before this season I wouldn't even entertain that thought but after this year, I see Kim as capable of almost anything. Kim is for Kim.

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't know about the estrangement and reconciliation with Kay. Kay called her mother a whoring stage mom and Kim is not the forgiving type as we have seen. Monty called her mother a gold digger amoung other things and apparently they have remained close since their divorce. I'm really starting to beleive that those things were said with Kims approval. Before this season I wouldn't even entertain that thought but after this year, I see Kim as capable of almost anything. Kim is for Kim.

This the same Kim who also sat back and didnt say a word when Brandi said Mauricio didnt want Kyle. Nor did she admit it was wrong during their sit down with Eileen present she just lied and said she didnt hear it. It was as if she was implying "But it's true Kyle. Mauricio dont want you." Yet she goes on the Dr Phil show and says "If my sister [Kyle] was going through soberity and people questioned it, I would had defended her with conviction." Kim is such a liar. Again I dont know how much of this is substance abuse talking or it's just who she is - holding a lot of contempt and anger of her loved ones. So if Kay and Monty ever dissed her mother I wouldn't be surprised if she didnt defend her mom. The one she claims loved a lot and took after.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 13

Maybe Zoeysmom can correct me, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere (probably on this board) that KYLE was the one estranged from Kay because of Kay's cooperation with HOH.

• Love 2

Maybe Zoeysmom can correct me, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere (probably on this board) that KYLE was the one estranged from Kay because of Kay's cooperation with HOH.

I believe all 3 sisters were estranged from Kay for a long time, with Kim only letting/inviting her back in. Kim is also bffs with Kay's daughter and has been for a long time.

• Love 1

Wait.. Kim's in REHAB??  I just thought she went to Canyon Ranch to tan and get her extensions fixed.  Maybe eat a couple of grilled chicken salads. Have some nice Chardonnay.  REHAB???

• Love 4

Wait.. Kim's in REHAB?? I just thought she went to Canyon Ranch to tan and get her extensions fixed. Maybe eat a couple of grilled chicken salads. Have some nice Chardonnay. REHAB???

Mmmm a grilled chicken salad and a cold glass of chardonnay sounds pretty good.

On topic-

good question, is Kim in rehab?

• Love 4

Poor Brandi. The event is her wine launch, and the headline is about Kim's arrest. I hope that's a sign of the times (no one's interested in Brandi anymore).

And Brandi is in touch with Kim just as I have a ticket to the Mayerweather-Pacquio fight tonight. Well, strike that - maybe Brandi called Kim after hearing that Chad called her toxic to tell her that he's no good for her, he doesn't give her the support she needs....

• Love 4

Every once awhile I run across the excerpts from the book describing Big Kathy.  Her number one detractor was her ex-husband's new wife, Sylvia. Kay, the dog bite victim was no great friend and some woman in NY who recounted many phone conversation. This book was more about Kathy Hilton and Paris so much of the talk was about them.  Kay claimed she and her husband, some famous bandleader, I have not heard of, would not further Kathy Hilton's musical career because she seemed more interested in getting married.  I don't recall her calling Big Kathy a slut or whore, I do think she  mentioned some tale about Kyle and/or Kim walking in on Big Kathy and a lover and being upset.  She also indicated that perhaps Big Kathy earned her fees she charged for managing Kim.

Minty, who was married to Kim, for some reason blames Big Kathy for Kim cheating on him.  I have to go with Big Kathy on this one-if Minty is so stupid as to believe that as an way to excuse Kim's behavior, Kim should have moved on from someone that stupid.  Kimberly's father basically said Kim was a party machine and fairly irresponsible with money (which he seemed pretty happy to help her spend) and that Kim, Kyle and Kathy were like there mom and made snide comments about people when they left the room about their clothing and what not.  As opposed to going on a message board or contributing comments to a nasty book about his daughter's cousin and maternal grandmother who had recently passed.  IIRC the book pretty well glossed over Kim's murdered fiancé.  

From what I understood is that Rosario had been given the cold shoulder by all the sisters and extended family members since cooperating with the book.  It is kind of sad when I think about it that Kim allowed this women back into her life (the woman probably blew all kinds of smoke up Kim's skirt to get back into her life) when perhaps Kim was under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.    

I think Kim has had at least four rehabs before to address the situations if any of her childhood and to keep revisting and allowing Kim to ruminate over her real or imaginary slights before Big Kathy's death is not doing much to further her recovery.  Perhaps this is why I seem to have to cast a side-eye at Minty effusive comments about of Kim is the has the biggest heart and is the best mom and the best friend and blah, blah, and how much she loves her children and how they are lucky to have her. 

• Love 5

First off Brandi if she is seeing Kim really has no business discussing Kim and the fact she will be going to further visits.  Why doesn't Brandi just leave  a trail of breadcrumbs so the paparazzi will be sure to photographer coming and going from seeing Kim this Sunday-maybe if pushed Brandi will reveal the time so the paparazzi doesn't have to park out in front of her house for hours.  This is Kim who did not speak to her sister for five months because her sister released a photograph of her adult daughter from the hospital and Brandi sat right there agreeing with Kim.   I guess if Brandi needs publicity it is okay to exploit Kim's sobriety.  Nothing says sincerity about a friend's sobriety like discussing it at the launch of your new wine.

• Love 12

Welcome family!

• Love 4

First off Brandi if she is seeing Kim really has no business discussing Kim and the fact she will be going to further visits.  Why doesn't Brandi just leave  a trail of breadcrumbs so the paparazzi will be sure to photographer coming and going from seeing Kim this Sunday-maybe if pushed Brandi will reveal the time so the paparazzi doesn't have to park out in front of her house for hours.  This is Kim who did not speak to her sister for five months because her sister released a photograph of her adult daughter from the hospital and Brandi sat right there agreeing with Kim.   I guess if Brandi needs publicity it is okay to exploit Kim's sobriety.  Nothing says sincerity about a friend's sobriety like discussing it at the launch of your new wine.

Well, Brandi did use Kim's (non) sobriety for her storyline all season long. Going from telling LisaR "Kim is worse than anyone knows" to Jen that "Kim fell off the wagon" so I do not put it past her to use Kim going into rehab as a way to sell her wine. It is par for the course with Brandi and if the roles were reversed, Kim would do the same dang thing to Brandi. They deserve each other as both are users and losers IMO.

• Love 5

Well, Brandi did use Kim's (non) sobriety for her storyline all season long. Going from telling LisaR "Kim is worse than anyone knows" to Jen that "Kim fell off the wagon" so I do not put it past her to use Kim going into rehab as a way to sell her wine. It is par for the course with Brandi and if the roles were reversed, Kim would do the same dang thing to Brandi. They deserve each other as both are users and losers IMO.

In addition to publicity,  Brandi is visiting Kim  because she screamed so loud about what a great friend she is to Kim, (closer to her than her family), she really has no choice - how would it seem if she was AWOL?  If it wasn't for the arrest, I think she'd be no where near Kim.

I remember during the reunion, there was a moment when the light bulb seemed to go on in Brandi's dim little mind, and I think she realized she backed the wrong horse all season long and in doing so, backed herself into a corner. She's going through the motions now because she gave herself no choice.

• Love 7

I remember during the reunion, there was a moment when the light bulb seemed to go on in Brandi's dim little mind, and I think she realized she backed the wrong horse all season long and in doing so, backed herself into a corner. She's going through the motions now because she gave herself no choice.

Oh yes.. "I wash my hands with this situation."

I swear when she said that I wanted come through my TV smack the filler off Brandi! She knew her creating conflict between sisters wasn't a good look because the fans/blogs ripped her but by the reunion she wanted no part of it. I despise people like this. You come in and make a bad situation worse then when it doesnt benefit or interest you anymore you want out as if you never was there. Bitch move.

Shes only dipping back in trying to be a "good" friend with Kim to keep us from calling her out. And trying to make herself look good in front of the media while Kim is rumored to be disinviting Kyle to family day. Brandi isnt fooling me.

• Love 12
(edited)

Hello, family.  Glad you're joining us.

I think I have a plan for Kim if she's really low on money.  We've all seen those travel books that go city to city, recommending hotels and restaurants, etc.  Kim might write one on rehabs, beginning with Malibu and Beverly Hills.  She could include room décor, amenities, food, friendliness, what one can get away with and what one can't, effectiveness of medications given, stylishness of hospital gowns (if any), privacy, rules, treatment of visitors (whether or not they are offered tea and cookies), and all sorts of other topics.  If she would pre-release only the chapter on Malibu and Beverly Hills ahead of the rest, it would guarantee a bestseller for her from that area alone, and the money would start poring in. 

Of course, this idea would end her friendship with Brandi, who would see Kim making much more money than Brandi's wine, and Brandi doesn't handle jealousy well.  It could also further damage her relationship with Kyle, who, after all, only has a boutique.  Kim could loan out her mansions -- any one of them -- to people in need. 

Edited by Lura
  • Love 6

In addition to publicity,  Brandi is visiting Kim  because she screamed so loud about what a great friend she is to Kim, (closer to her than her family), she really has no choice - how would it seem if she was AWOL?  If it wasn't for the arrest, I think she'd be no where near Kim.

I don't believe that Brandi visited Kim last week, let alone she will visit her again this week. Brandi claimed Kim was driving Chad/Monty to their Drs/hospitals when Kim was really in Mexico, so IMO, she is just giving lip/lying service to get more press for her wine launch and nothing more.

• Love 4

Poor Brandi. The event is her wine launch, and the headline is about Kim's arrest. I hope that's a sign of the times (no one's interested in Brandi anymore).

And Brandi is in touch with Kim just as I have a ticket to the Mayerweather-Pacquio fight tonight. Well, strike that - maybe Brandi called Kim after hearing that Chad called her toxic to tell her that he's no good for her, he doesn't give her the support she needs....

Don't worry Kim only care what her dog/son thinks, not her son/son.

• Love 3

This latest Brandi stunt feels like Brandi is setting herself up to be the go between the ailing.  Yolanda in Germany or whatever corners from the world she is seeking treatment and Kim in rehab and being her best friend who loved her more than anyone in the room. . . .which included the good sister, Kathy Hilton and Minty.  

• Love 1

Mmmm a grilled chicken salad and a cold glass of chardonnay sounds pretty good.

On topic-

good question, is Kim in rehab?

Would it be bad form to make predictions as to how long she stays?          I predict 26 days.

Just enough to get her over the hump and feeling good then she'll bolt.

• Love 5

Would it be bad form to make predictions as to how long she stays?          I predict 26 days.

Just enough to get her over the hump and feeling good then she'll bolt.

I say, 21 days. That was her last stay, 21 days!

• Love 3

Put me down for 20.

But, I hope I'm wrong.

I hope I'm wrong too. I hope she finishes and does follow up...for her own sake and nobody else's.

She needs to do this for herself, not even for her kids but for herself.

• Love 7

When she go to rehab April 26, she said shes doing 30 days. So Im going to be liberal and says she'll be out on May 25th, this will probably be the same week when the women find out they'll be back for Season 6 or not. Because last year we found out about Carlton and Joyce towards the end of May.

• Love 3

Don't worry Kim only care what her dog/son thinks, not her son/son.

Good point. Her best friend.

On the how long will Kim be in rehab sweepstakes, I think I'm going with 0-1 days. I'm with the camp that has doubts she really went. Or maybe she checked in, but pulled a Dr. Phil and left in a tizzy, citing it wasn't what she expected, she needs a private room, she doesn't drink every day, and besides, it's only wine, but what about the wedding....

• Love 7

She's been in rehab 4 times, right?  What's the longest she's stayed in?    One more question: When is the wedding?  I'm sure she'll leave for the wedding, not only for her daughter but also for the booze she can sneak or the pill she can take in the bathroom.  If they let her leave only for the wedding and then come back, I have a horrible feeling she wouldn't return anyway.  If there were no wedding, I still can't imagine her doing three months of rehab.

Just had a thought.  What if her daughter cancelled/postponed her wedding?  She knows darned well that Kim will come to it and break her rehab program.  Why wouldn't she do that for her mother?  Who really cares when the wedding is?  Maybe that's the answer?  There must be a hitch I've forgotten because surely the family has thought of that, no?

• Love 2