Type keyword(s) to search

You know you're watching too much Arrow when....

slayer2
  • Start Topic

when you're bored and thinking of portmanteaus for different characters and the one you make for Felicity and her Father make you laugh a little too hard...

Smoakulator

Like Smoak'u'later

I need to sleep T_T 

• Love 7

When between you’re obsession with Adele & ARROW’s insistence to bring on the Olicity drama & increase the overall angst of the show again leads you to have mental flashbacks of scenes long since past. I recently found a good song that represented another side of O/F night in 320. It's "All I Ask" off of 25. Below are the lyrics.

"All I Ask" by Adele
I will leave my heart at the door
I won't say a word
They've all been said before, you know
So why don't we just play pretend
Like we're not scared of what is coming next
Or scared of having nothing left

Look, don't get me wrong
I know there is no tomorrow
All I ask is

If this is my last night with you
Hold me like I'm more than just a friend
Give me a memory I can use
Take me by the hand while we do what lovers do
It matters how this ends
Cause what if I never love again?

I don't need your honesty
It's already in your eyes
And I'm sure my eyes, they speak for me
No one knows me like you do
And since you're the only one that matters
Tell me who do I run to?

Look, don't get me wrong
I know there is no tomorrow
All I ask is

It matters how this ends

Let this be our lesson in love
Let this be the way we remember us
I don't wanna be cruel or vicious
And I ain't asking for forgiveness
All I ask is

It matters how this ends

• Love 1

When you are watching Finding Your Roots and you hear a terrible story about how when LL Cool J was like five years old his estranged father shot his Grandfather and mother in front of him.  They both survived but his mother was so badly injured that she couldn't walk for several months to which my first thought was "Well why didn't Arrow just do that!!!!"

• Love 2

When you get distracted from your bill paying by hearing a commercial for "Trulicity" a new drug for diabetes, because you mishear and think they are saying Olicity. :)

• Love 6

When you get distracted from your bill paying by hearing a commercial for "Trulicity" a new drug for diabetes, because you mishear and think they are saying Olicity. :)

I miss hear it every time as well.  Lol

• Love 1

Anyone notice that HTGAWM named dropped ARGUS.

They already have a Laurel and an Oliver

Anyone notice that HTGAWM named dropped ARGUS.

They already have a Laurel and an Oliver

• Love 1

Well Argus was the word of the day for Words With Friends... and here I thought it was just a proper noun of a nefarious government organization :)

LOOOOOL. Not a word of a lie,  I saw that as well and I thought no...it's a nefarious organization of dubious intent that uses crazy people to run missions.

• Love 1
(edited)

I couldn't access the PTV forums this morning (some Cloudfront issue) and mildly panicked - that tells me I'm spending way too much time on my Arrow "hobby"! ;)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

When the new guy at work (an older gentleman) has a Van Dyke and all you can think of is how it would look totally wrong on SA's face.

People have Van Dykes unironically?

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

People have Van Dykes unironically?

I think there's a narrow population that can successfully pull off a Van Dyke. Judging by my co-worker, I'm thinking older men with narrow faces and long chins.

When you're stuck at work with the episode & spoilers thread blowing up and you're faced with the ultimate dilemma of do I read first or wait until I can watch the episode... Also I'm being taunted by my friends Dunkin Donuts cup with the words "DD" & "Commitment" on it.   :(

• Love 4

When you realize you're travelling the day after the finale airs and you won't be around the boards for the discussion, and you react thusly.

200_s.gif 

• Love 16

When you're on holidays, chilling in your hotel room and writing trashy Olicity fanfic.

When you're listening to mopey music and totally getting the feels for Olicity, which you convey in your fanfic.

• Love 6

When you can't make it through "Sound of Silence" without a little chuckle that "Hello Darkness my Old Friend" now makes you think of Arrow.

I actually have had that song stuck in my head for awhile, there's a part of me that wishes they used in on the show either version would do, although I prefer the S&G. Because it feels like it might fit one of the final episodes.

• Love 3

On Wednesdays your husband texts you "Only 30 more minutes" and you text back "No that's not right, Arrow starts in 1.5 hours" only to realize after you send said response that he meant he'll be leaving the office in 30 minutes, not talking about when Arrow starts lol 

• Love 13

When your watching the Insomniac Nightly News and hear about a CA town Bee infestation w/ Aggressive Bees and think did they already wake up Brie Larvin from her coma?

• Love 5
(edited)

After reading the below synopsis for this new DC Comics show, Powerless, my first thought was that by naming the lead character, Emily, they were capitalizing on the popularity of the actress who plays fan fave Felicity on another DC Comics show, Arrow - Emily Bett Rickards.  Also, I recognized the name of Arrow stunt double, Atlin Mitchell...

Fall TV Preview: NBC Releases A Synopsis For New DC Comics-Based Sitcom ‘Powerless’
Posted about 6 hours ago by Jason Motes
http://sciencefiction.com/2016/05/17/fall-tv-preview-nbc-releases-synopsis-new-dc-comics-based-sitcom-powerless/

NBC didn’t have luck by adapting DC Comics’ ‘Constantine‘ as an hourly drama but they’re trying again, this time with a 30-minute sitcom, ‘Powerless’.  Though it isn’t based on a specific comic book, the show will be set firmly in the DC Universe but will highlight the non-super population, specifically an insurance company that helps ordinary folks out when they get caught in the crossfire of superheroes and villains.

The show stars Vanessa Hudgens as Emily and co-stars Alan Tudyk, Danny Pudi and Christina Kirk.  Atlin Mitchell plays the show’s first superhero guest star, the Crimson Fox.  The show was created by Ben Queen.

Here is NBC’s synopsis of the new show:

In the first comedy series set in the universe of DC Comics, Vanessa Hudgens (“Grease Live,” “High School Musical”) plays Emily, a spunky young insurance adjuster specializing in regular-people coverage against damage caused by the crime-fighting superheroes. It’s when she stands up to one of these larger-than-life figures (after an epic battle messes with her commute) that she accidentally becomes a cult “hero” in her own right … even if it’s just to her group of lovably quirky co-workers. Now, while she navigates her normal, everyday life against an explosive backdrop, Emily might just discover that being a hero doesn’t always require superpowers.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

If they were trying to capitalize on popularity, they might've named her Felicity instead of Emily. Emily's a popular girl's name-I doubt anyone would this character's name and EBR together, which would kind of defeat the purpose, haha. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

If they were trying to capitalize on popularity, they might've named her Felicity instead of Emily. Emily's a popular girl's name-I doubt anyone would this character's name and EBR together, which would kind of defeat the purpose, haha. 

Makes sense then why it's in the "You know you are watching too much Arrow" thread, lol.  ;) 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Makes sense then why it's in the "You know you are watching too much Arrow" thread, lol.  ;) 

I wasn't paying much attention to which thread it was in when I responded - the comment about Atlin threw me off, because it seemed more like a "Mind Your Surroundings" type post, and after I realized, the post had already been up for a while, so I didn't see much point in deleting it.

• Love 1

Oh I was just teasing you because you know you are watching too much Arrow when you stop to seriously consider if other shows would purposely name characters Emily to profit off of Arrow's success.  :D

• Love 1

You're on a date night with Hubby catching up on the events of your week.  Hubby tells you about a friend of a colleague was with a guy for 16 years and then after they broke up, the guy proposed to another girl whom he'd only been dating for 6 months. 

You immediately reply with "OMG that's just like poor Laurel!"

• Love 1

You're out for pizza with your husband (who has put another moratorium on all things Arrow--and he means it this time), and you accidentally order "green olivers."  You can only look sheepish as your husband says it's not cool because you're being either (a) uncharacteristically passive aggressive or (b) clinically obsessed. You quickly change the subject, knowing it's definitely (b).

• Love 7

...you're watching Hung and SA is doing pull ups with a crossbar with an open shirt and having sex and smiling and all I could think was Oliver seems a lot happier as a hooker than a vigilante.

• Love 8

You are right this second sitting in a horribly tortuous, boring IT meeting that is killing your brain and soul and then the IT guy brings up the Arrow production screen as an example and you glance up and immediately start paying attention and notice there's no Financial/Budget information entered on the screen. 

• Love 4

When you are watching the news and they go to a large crowd shot of people in the street chanting "Ollie, Ollie" and first you wonder why the aren't chanting "Oliver,Oliver" like they should and then you realize it's a shot outside Mohammed Ali's funeral.

• Love 8
(edited)

When you see Jesse McCartney on Major Crimes and think he dated Katie Cassidy. And he is a better actor than her. 

That is a little more you know you pay too much attention to the Arrow cast when. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2

I was watching LL Cool J performing a hit song on some Greatest Hits special last night on TV and I swear he was rapping, "I'm Oliver Queen..."  But when I Googled his name and those lyrics, nothing came up - so I guess I imagined it.

• Love 1

I finally watched SPECTRE (the latest James Bond movie with Daniel Craig) and I thought of Arrow at the end because

Bond chooses not to kill and drives off into the (figurative) sunset with his lady love.

• Love 3