Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

I started watching Travelers on Netflix yesterday.  Teryl Rothery (best known as Dr. Fraiser on Stargate SG-1, but also Olivette and the medical examiner in Heart) has a minor role.  Also saw Rev. Roy LeGrange (Kevin McNulty) in an episode.

Of course, it's filmed in Vancouver, so I expect to see more.

• Love 1

Aldis Hodge is in Hidden Figures.  Interview: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/aldis-hodge-historical-role-hidden-figures_us_586fe514e4b099cdb0fd0468

It's not a huge role but it's good. 

But let me tell you about THE BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR! Go see Hidden Figures.  Like right away.  I left there so very very jazzed by an epic, true story.

Bias note: I'm an Aerospace Engineer 
Sad historical note: I've been in the Space business for 30 years.  I had NO CLUE about the "Colored Computers" (the term used for black mathematicians at NASA during the Mercury program).  

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I think the show would have been okay with better casting... and better writing. They kind of ripped off River Song's diary. 

I agree.  Better casting and better writing.  Also a better premise.  And Winchesters ...

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/timeless-supernatural-misha-collins-eliot-ness/i,

Holy shit. Now I get why Misha has the "and" credit. He's not a full regular or he couldn't do this. Damn, I am really worried about Cas now.

That said, sorry Eric, your show is still uninteresting to me.

"And" credit doesn't mean he's not a regular.  And he can get permission to work on another show.  I'm SURE they'd say yes to Kripke.  I'm not remotely worried about Cas. 

• Love 1
Just now, SueB said:

"And" credit doesn't mean he's not a regular.  And he can get permission to work on another show.  I'm SURE they'd say yes to Kripke.  I'm not remotely worried about Cas. 

Its pretty rare for a 3rd billed series regular to get a billing that essentially elevates the actor to the importance of the 1st billed actor which is Jared. I stand by my opinion. agree to disagree

• Love 1
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/timeless-supernatural-misha-collins-eliot-ness/i,

Holy shit. Now I get why Misha has the "and" credit. He's not a full regular or he couldn't do this. Damn, I am really worried about Cas now.

He can still work on other shows as a series regular, he just has to be available when Supernatural wants him--Meaning, he potentially might have to turn down a job if Supernatural wants him. But, he gets paid more to make up for the possible loss of work.

• Love 2

I watched three TNT episodes today. One was the episode with Dr. Sexy. I saw him on an episode of Psych just a few days ago. Supernatural rolled into Bones. Kurt Fuller was in it. 

The TNT episodes are starting to get some really noticeable edits. 

1 hour ago, Commando Cody said:

Just parts of scenes missing. It's not much, but I think there was part of a scene missing in Changing Channels yesterday. They start shaving these things to fit more commercials in. 

Well that sucks

6 minutes ago, patty1h said:

This may have already been dropped here - not sure when this was originally aired.  Anyway, the actress who played Heddy in "Ask Jeeves" was on the cooking show "Chopped".  She won.

I LIKED her.  She was funny.

On 2/5/2017 at 3:47 PM, TexasGal said:

Balthazar/Sebastian Rochè has a role in the second season of The Man in the High Castle.  He looks really nice in a uniform (even a Nazi one). <end shallow>

Sebastian Roche just showed up on The Young Pope! Tiny part so far, though. Only one scene, and a very forgettable one at that.

• Love 2
On 2/6/2017 at 11:42 AM, Demented Daisy said:

OK, I watch Timeless and Kripke has officially crossed the line. We know he has the lead (Wyatt) as a "Dean-like" character and now in this episode, he has a person leave a paperclip behind so that Wyatt could unlock his handcuffs! Stealing ideas; stealing character traits, and pilfering guest-stars. So, no new ideas, Kripke???

• Love 2
2 hours ago, FlickChick said:

OK, I watch Timeless and Kripke has officially crossed the line. We know he has the lead (Wyatt) as a "Dean-like" character and now in this episode, he has a person leave a paperclip behind so that Wyatt could unlock his handcuffs! Stealing ideas; stealing character traits, and pilfering guest-stars. So, no new ideas, Kripke???

LOL and he's practically begging SPN fans for ratings. It kind of makes me a little sad for Kripke.  And nexy week he has Misha playing Elliot Ness

• Love 1

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Billie the Reaper has a role on Shadowhunters.

Also: holy shit, SueB, you're  an aerospace engineer???  ???

That's fucking awesome!! Wow!! ??

Edited by Ninamags
  • Love 1

I'm going to err on the side of caution and spoiler tag this,  even though it's about Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders.  I wasn't planning on watching, but more SPN alumni will show up than I anticipated.  Theoretically, casting can be spoilers for storylines, you know?  ;-)

Spoiler

Looks like Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders will return on March 1st (S2E1), with Matt Cohen in a recurring role.  The episode on the 15th (S2E3) will have Osric Chau.  The 5th episode, airing March 29th, will have Rob Benedict and Rickard Speight, Jr.  Matt Cohen returns for episode 7 and 8, but no date.  Episode 9 is another SPN reunion, with Jim Beaver and Kim Rhodes.  Matt Cohen and Kim Rhodes return for episode 13, which appears to be the season finale.

Edited by Demented Daisy
Bad grammar, BAD!
34 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

I'm going to err on the side of caution and spoiler tag this,  even though it's about Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders.  I wasn't planning on watching, but more SPN alumni will show up than I anticipated.  Theoretically, casting can be spoilers for storylines, you know?  ;-)

Reveal hidden contents

Looks like Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders will return on March 1st (S2E1), with Matt Cohen in a recurring role.  The episode on the 15th (S2E3) will have Osric Chau.  The 5th episode, airing March 29th, will have Rob Benedict and Rickard Speight, Jr.  Matt Cohen returns for episode 7 and 8, but no date.  Episode 9 is another SPN reunion, with Jim Beaver and Kim Rhodes.  Matt Cohen and Kim Rhodes return for episode 13, which appears to be the season finale.

What?!  I used to love Criminal Minds.  Can't remember why I stopped watching it.  Why have I never heard of this iteration before?  (probably because I cut the cable cord and rarely watch 'live' tv anymore).  I like Gary Sinise, so I'm going to have to check this out.  :)  Thanks DD!

• Love 1

I was watching Timeless and the guy who played Joseph McCarthy looked so familiar. I looked at his IMDB page. Aside from playing a few roles that I have seen him in over the years, he played Edward Carrigan on a Very Supernatural Christmas. 

Edited by Commando Cody
  • Love 1

I'm watching the Young and Restless and there's a guy on there named Reed Victoria's son that played Lucas in Dead In The Water and another episode I believe, but I can't remember which one.

Edited by IWantDean
4 hours ago, IWantDean said:

I'm watching the Young and Restless and there's a guy on there named Reed Victoria's son that played Lucas in Dead In The Water and another episode I believe, but I can't remember which one.

He's one of the boys who young Sam defends Amy against in The Girl Next Door

59 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

Was Crowley on White Collar? I was fast forwarding though commercials on ion Television. I backed up to see if it was him.  Even on normal speed it was quick. I'm still not sure if it was him, but it looked a lot like him.

Yep.  He played Curtis Hagen.

A very young Misha was in an early episode of Charmed, on TNT this morning.  He has such a baby face and is obviously not using his Cas voice so I had to look it up to confirm it's him.  Aptly titled, They're Everywhere, in case anyone wants to watch.

10 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

A very young Misha was in an early episode of Charmed, on TNT this morning.  He has such a baby face and is obviously not using his Cas voice so I had to look it up to confirm it's him.  Aptly titled, They're Everywhere, in case anyone wants to watch.

Major charmed fan here! I actually watched the episode you're referring to a few months back, it was during season 2 if I remember right. 

The ep definitely demonstrates how far Misha has come as an actor since then because, while I love him, he was not good here hahah

I think I saw Misha talking about this episode once where he said it was one of his first acting jobs and what he remembered most about it was that he didn't have a clue what he was doing. Like he didn't know what what a mark was or why the director kept telling him to hit it. It was very cute. 

9 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I think I saw Misha talking about this episode once where he said it was one of his first acting jobs and what he remembered most about it was that he didn't have a clue what he was doing. Like he didn't know what what a mark was or why the director kept telling him to hit it. It was very cute. 

<333 Misha. He's so damn endearing! 

What's weird to think of is the fact that episode first aired in 1999 :o