Type keyword(s) to search

Season One General Discussion

Whew glad it is fake.   Because my goodness, all you want is stablity for your family but you sell of everything but what you can fit in a truck and head to another part of Alaska to live.   You get chased off there after your family is shot at, so you head back where you came from.   Then you put everything you own on a boat, then run that boat after dark where you hit something and sink said boat with all your wordly possessions.   And in between you have to go salmon fishing so your daughter can get her tooth fixed.   Yeah real stable.    Get a J.O.B. and live in a house on a street with an address, send your kids to school, etc.   Believe it or not, having a regular income with neighbors you can turn to in times of need is the way you get a stable life.   

So yes, glad these morons are not really endangering their kids with this stuff.

• Love 2

Pursuant to the link, Mr. Brown was born into a wealthy family, at the age of 17 his parents passed away.  Where did all the money go?  Why was he living in his car driving all over the place?  I'm glad this show was completely fake because I really couldn't take it.  Also, a couple of those kids have speech impediments. 

I'll watch almost anything Alaska, but I really can't with these people. 

For a palate cleanser, I found a little show on SCI called "Where the Wild Men Are" which I'm enjoying so far.  It's about people who live "off the grid" in fairly remote areas, and I am finding it much more enjoyable.

• Love 1

eight grownups and one kid.............  living in a one-room cabin.     does that sound like a good plan?   a (mentally) healthy plan?   not to me.

why would you do that to your sons in their 20s and 30s?   

• Love 1

Mr. Keekski watched an episode of this the last night. I absolutely thought it was fake the minute I watched. I can't wait to tell him it is fake! Those leather jackets were a giveaway. 

Their speech patterns are simply weird. Not interesting, not "Austrailian" or anything recognizable, but strange in a bad way.  Like no one talked to them until they were 5 and they had to pick up English from the wolves around them...which is really strange because the parents don't have the same "accents."  

Thanks to the people who posted that this is all a "reenactment" of Stuff that Happened To Them because, again, it is weird.  They run around without too much of a plan and barter to get what they need...which, sounds, "Ok....maybe" but it all happens pretty quickly so it can be filmed.  While they were "putting up the house" it was weird to me that none of these 25-30 year old MEN could make any kind of decision without Papa Darlin (reference to Mayberry's Darlin Clan) telling them what to do.  They all seemed so strangely un-alpha in doing anything.  They sat around and looked at each other while Papa Darlin got his sleep on while he was sick.  I don't know of too many men who would not try to take the lead and DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE in such dire conditions.  

Why are none of them married with families of their own?  Do they actually have families and this show is not showing them?  Just seemed like they were feral in so many unhealthy ways and I was riveted just watching to see what shenanigans were coming up next.

• Love 2
(edited)

Mr. Keekski watched an episode of this the last night. I absolutely thought it was fake the minute I watched. I can't wait to tell him it is fake! Those leather jackets were a giveaway. 

Are they warm enough for below zero weather?

If they hunt so much why don't they have bear or some other animal fur coats?

Edited by xls
  • Love 1

I feel the same way -- I don't know why I am drawn into watching this show.  But for some odd reason I find it, well, oddly fascinating.

Speaking of fakery and such, are those even his kids?   I mean, they all seem to have different accents.  And the accents come and go as well.  Was wondering since they say they are basically re-inacting some of the events of their lives, do they do it with actors playing their children as well? 

• Love 1

I caught this for the 1st time last night after Deadliest Catch...I was oddly fascinated and couldn't change the channel for about 20 min.  I'm relieved that this is fakery b/c I was so worried for the health and welfare of the kids... and for anyone who had to come into contact with these nut jobs!  The teeth and the accents creeped me out.  I was wondering how the "kids" all had effed up accents when the Papa Bear didn't.  It was bizarre.  I finally flipped the channel, but can someone tell me if the Mama Bear ever speaks? I don't plan on watching this show again but I will check out this forum to see what's up!

• Love 1

Good heavens these people get on my nerves.   Dad talks about wanting stability for his kids, then brags about living in the moment.   Guess what, if you don't plan ahead, you don't have stability.    It's thinking like that is why they only had about 2K to get through the winter in the new place, so they could buy building supplies or even water.   It's thinking like that why you are surprised by the first snowfall before you get the foundation of the house in.   You have children, you have to think ahead if you are going to properly care for them.

Oh and ugh when they talked about going to town.   They practically sounded like they were going to club a girl over the head and drag her back to their cave.  Thankfully, they are more civilized that that.  

• Love 1

I caught this show last night and I laughed at it.  It's so damn fake, I could tell.

Get a J.O.B. and live in a house on a street with an address, send your kids to school, etc.   Believe it or not, having a regular income with neighbors you can turn to in times of need is the way you get a stable life.

True, but not everybody wants to live the same type of life; not everybody should live the same type of life, what works for me might not work for another.

But this show is fake, so who cares.

On one episode, they said the family had their own accent. I think even the accent's fake. Sometimes they have it, sometimes they don't.

The on-again-off-again accent is odd.  It sounds like some of the kids are either deaf or maybe picked up bits of accents from watching old movies.

• Love 1

This show was featured on "The Soup" last night.  The clip showed "Bear" punching fish (WTF???) and doing his Forrest Gump running thing. I guess looking foolish in front of thousands of people isn't as big a deterrent as it once was. But if you're getting paid to look like a bunch of dumb twits, that's incentive enough.

I am watching this for the first time...holy hell they are talking about hunting girls! I know what they mean, but I swear girls are going to start disappearing. Thank goodness it's fake.

I watched part of the Christmas episode. I was creeped out by these people. Because I missed the beginning I did not know who they all were and I at first thought the oldest brother and one of the girls were a couple. I am going to go to hell for this but I kept thinking of the x-files episode "Home" the one where there was a house full of boys who kept their mom who had no arms or legs under the bed on a skateboard for um......... Breeding purposes.

They showed flashes of them lookin for wimminz, and it was kind of funny to see even in a secluded town in Alaska the women were not having any of t.

• Love 1

I can't say specifically for this show as to whether or not it is fake, but people do live this way up there. I lived in Alaska for 15 years. I'm originally from Arizona. I have seen people and have known people who live this way. Living this way is not mistreating the kids or in any way wrong. Some people prefer this way of life over what we consider normal. It's a different way of life up there; different, but not wrong. Please, don't judge without knowing true facts. And by the way, just because someone is a published author does not mean they are rich or have money. Not all authors get paid for their work; sometimes it is done just to get your name out there.

On June 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM, auntl said:

On one episode, they said the family had their own accent. I think even the accent's fake. Sometimes they have it, sometimes they don't.

The family has made up their own accents...if you notice, they all have different accents. 

• Love 3

I was at Icy Strait Point / Hoonah last month.  I asked a couple of the locals about the Browns, and they both confirmed that the whole setup is fake.  They are often seen in town with iPhones, Dr. Dre headphones, and other modern technology.  

There are lots of details online to also confirm the fakeness.  The land they say they own ("Brownsville") is actually owned by and rented from the mayor of Hoonah.  The "Integrity" (ironic name for their boat) is owned by the production company that films the show.  No one outside the family has ever actually seen Billy have one of his seizures, and he was miraculously well enough to drive an RV that didn't even belong to him all the way from Seattle to San Diego and back.  And then there's the whole issue of their false filing for the annual oil payout.  They were not living in Alaska, and were found guilty of stealing from the State of Alaska.

I don't care how people CHOOSE to live.  I believe that some of the Alaska shows ARE real.  But not this one.  Billy Brown is one of the world's most recognizable con artists, and he has roped his entire family into his schemes.

• Love 3
(edited)

Interesting, suddenly a brand new poster shows up to defend the brownklownz. No history, posting on an inappropriate thread to defend them. They have been shown by the show itself to be liars, hustlers, fraudsters, and a lot of other bad things. Anyone else want to guess which of the brownclownz is posting here to defend them? I have had friends who live alternative lifestyles but they don't cheat, despoil their environment, steal and defraud the state, taking benefits away from people who actually qualify for them.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 3

I've seen enough Alaska shows to know that yes, some people do actually live like this, but there are still some glaring differences.  On other shows there's always piles of what looks like (to me) just crap, but they know exactly what is in the pile & what it can be used for.  It's not just literally  piles of crap like the Browns have everywhere.  On other shows, they're always "fixing" a broken tool, but that tool is still better cared for than any tool the Browntools have ever handled.  Only in Brownklowntown does it take the entire village of idiots to go do something, on other shows, it only takes 1 village idiot to get shit done.  Maybe 2 if it's really important shit.  On more realistic Alaska shows, winter is always 2 days away, but everything done is done with a REAL purpose & for a REAL reason.  There's no Noah (bless his heart) playing with moss on the other shows.  No one is building (ha!) hot tub out of a dingy for shits and giggles.  Throw a Brownklown on the show Last of the Alaskans, and not one of them would make thru the day. 

• Love 4