Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Some celebrities, we like everything about them. The "relationship" is a perfect fit. If discrepancies creep in it's natural to second guess or doubt our judgement. It becomes important* to figure out if they fooled you or you fooled yourself.

*Not earth-shattering importance, but a puzzle that "needs" to be solved. People are funny animals. 

I used to like everything about Kelly. Now I can't remember why.

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 1

If you go to old YouTube videos of the show, Kelly was a completely different person.  She was really very funny & endearing.  Fast forward to the last few years & there are no words as to the person she has become.  If I happen to be working from home I will turn on the show & have to turn it off within 5 minutes.  Her stories are drawn out, boring, repeating the same sentence over & over, um, ah, um, ah - get to the point!!!  She is just not funny AT ALL anymore.  Ryan will tell a good story & she just can't wait to jump in & start telling another boring story about herself.  You can tell he is trying to be nice but also gets annoyed with her.  He is very patient & much more likeable than she is.  And what has happened to her voice?  It is all raspy & deep now.  Is she a smoker?  She is constantly playing with her sleeves, jumping around in her chair.  And whoever dresses her in these long baggy clothes should be fired!  With her tiny frame she should be wearing fitted clothes that don't swallow her up.  Last, if you go to Live's instagram they have videos of Kelly & Ryan walking out to the stage. WOW.  Her ego is on full display for many of them.  She has just become completely unlikeable.  Okay, rant is over LOL!

Edited by NYCRunner
  • Love 5

Kelly was funnier when she was poor and working hard for the money. Once she became mega wealthy she gave up and got lazy. Making 20 million a year for the show alone will do that to you. I remember when she did bachelor theater before she became a snob. She was hysterical and even Regis would,laugh. Oddly enough, she watches the housewives shows with her daughter but that isn’t beneath her?!?! The show has great ratings so I see her doing it for another 5-10 years. She ain’t going anywhere. 

On 11/8/2020 at 1:39 PM, NYCRunner said:

If you go to old YouTube videos of the show, Kelly was a completely different person.  She was really very funny & endearing.  Fast forward to the last few years & there are no words as to the person she has become.  If I happen to be working from home I will turn on the show & have to turn it off within 5 minutes.  Her stories are drawn out, boring, repeating the same sentence over & over, um, ah, um, ah - get to the point!!!  She is just not funny AT ALL anymore.  Ryan will tell a good story & she just can't wait to jump in & start telling another boring story about herself.  You can tell he is trying to be nice but also gets annoyed with her.  He is very patient & much more likeable than she is.  And what has happened to her voice?  It is all raspy & deep now.  Is she a smoker?  She is constantly playing with her sleeves, jumping around in her chair.  And whoever dresses her in these long baggy clothes should be fired!  With her tiny frame she should be wearing fitted clothes that don't swallow her up.  Last, if you go to Live's instagram they have videos of Kelly & Ryan walking out to the stage. WOW.  Her ego is on full display for many of them.  She has just become completely unlikeable.  Okay, rant is over LOL!

ITA!  She was very normal and  likable years ago.  I also remember meeting Mark at a soap event years ago, he was so nice and down to earth and not the egotistical “daddy”,  wearing shirts that were 5 sizes too small to show off his biceps!

I read an article about how Kelly gushed over Ryan and apparently teared up over her comments ! That made me laugh since Kelly dumps her friends constantly ! I wonder if what will happen if Ryan doesn’t make Lola who’s the most amazing musician the world has ever heard a big star!  He will probably join NPH with the long list of Kelly enemies !

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 1
On 11/13/2020 at 6:32 PM, seasons said:

Strahan wasn't willing to suck up to her every day. Good for him.

Too bad Ryan doesn't realize or care about the same thing for himself. The pay must be really good.

Ryan isn’t stupid , he’s a savy businessman who has built an empire at a your age .

He may be sucking up on the air , but I’m sure he is in tight with TPTB and he will not take much shit when it counts !

• Love 1

There are articles online about how fans are commenting about Kelly’s behavior lately .  
IMO she’s always been this way but now she’s not even putting on an fake  act of being nice.

Something seems to be going on and she’s directing her anger toward Gelman and Ryan.

Kelly is showing her real personality and why she has a long list of friends who used to be BFF’s.

I wonder if something is going on behind the scenes. Kelly is now 50, she’s no longer the young host who kicked Regis around for being old , she can’t get her words out , and she is attacking Ryan to the point that he told her she didn’t have to yell the other day ! 

Kelly had her 30 year celebration which is good and bad ! Age is not rewarded in entertainment.

Also, I am sure Disney will never forget her walking off her job, attacking them for not respecting her on the air, and attacking Michael like a bitch when he was leaving on live tv.  Her PR fiasco of lying about where she was during the pandemic and the stories about how  she treated Regis also may not be helping her . Her true personality of fake and nasty was exposed ! 
Maybe they are not being so nice in contract negotiations and uncle ry ry is talking behind the scenes since she must be a pain to work with ! 

• Love 2

Off work today, tuned in and same old, same old.  Kelly not able to complete a sentence, Kelly repeating her fragmented sentences 3 times before she spits it out, lol.  I will say though, I do notice in the most subtlest of ways, that Ryan is no longer suffering this fool lightly.

And so glad to hear that "America's Daddy" --"MARK CONSUELOS!!!"--is on the show today and also that he prefers Kelly naked, lol. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I liked Mark’s Christmas tree. It got me in the mood to decorate his weekend. The Vancouver bubble must be getting boring to him by now. I think I heard Kelly say he MIGHT be able to come home for Christmas. You could tell he’d rather be home with his family. The kids were their friendly selves and they seem to enjoy being with each other. I did laugh when Kelly repeated the same line 3 times to make some stupid point. I don’t know if she thinks it’s funny to talk like that or she can’t help it. Ryan really does look at her like WTF? Spit it out!!!! Ryan once again showing that he’d rather be hooking up with another dude. Nothing wrong with that. I just wish he move on already. LOL!!!! This time it was Hugh Grant. Ryan was up at 3:00am deciding what to wear for Hugh. Um, whatever!

I will give the show credit for putting together a seamless show with two host on a split screen. If you didn’t see the first few seconds you wouldn’t know the difference. 

• Love 5

Kelly seems to be annoying or shocking Ryan at times  as to how tacky and obnoxious she is . Her comment during the family thanksgiving show she could demonstrate how she and Mark made the kids with turkeys , to Mark and the kids was so adolescent and embarrassing, not to mention , just plain weird ! 
Kelly has not improved since she was making every comment a sex comment when Regis left and she was hosting alone . 

She’s just crude and lacks any manners or class. It’s no wonder her daughter didn’t know that posting Kardashian like photos on Instagram would get weird responses ! It also make sense that her daughter went into mourning over the trashy Kardashian’s show ending !

It is also hilarious that Kelly acts like she’s such a feminist because she hates the Bachelor, but likes the Real Housewives, where the name of the show and the show is outdated and sexist! 

• Love 5

How rich is Kelly Ripa? She had people (and, paid them) to come and move furniture for her so they could up the Christmas tree. Now, I know people get their trees delivered (especially in NYC) so I’ll let that slide but having people move furniture to put up said tree is beyond obnoxious & dumb. I think Michael and Joaquin are young enough to move furniture. It’s amazing how out of touch she is with reality. That said, her Christmas tree was beautiful. At least, she decorates it. The Kardashian’s pay people to,decorate their own tree. I’ve heard of “normal” people doing that, too. I always thought why do people do that. I’d gladly do it and get paid. I  do my parents every year and it’s fun. I even use my own decorations or their tree. I have three sets. (Kmart & Target with a little bit of Pottery Barn). Whatever one I’m not using I use another set for them. Yes! I know some people don’t even have one set but that’s different. We’re talking about me. LOL!!!!!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It’s amazing how out of touch she is with reality.

I don't get the connection between hiring movers and being out of touch with reality.  She grew up middle class, her dad was a bus driver, she's aware of how average people live. 

She's a 1%er, she can afford to do this, she's not hurting anyone. Seriously, what's the big deal?

10 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I’ve heard of “normal” people doing that, too. I always thought why do people do that.

Because some of us, myself included, see this as a chore and a nuisance.  Different strokes!

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I don't get the connection between hiring movers and being out of touch with reality.  She grew up middle class, her dad was a bus driver, she's aware of how average people live. 

She's a 1%er, she can afford to do this, she's not hurting anyone. Seriously, what's the big deal?

Because some of us, myself included, see this as a chore and a nuisance.  Different strokes!

Yup! That’s why I like PRIMRTIMER. Everyone gets to have an opinion.

• Love 5

What was her ridiculous story about the shaver for face?  Does she forget about the fact she already told us and Regis that she is hairless as a result of laser hair removal?  I remember her ridiculous stories at the time and frankly thought tmi while she alluded to all her hairless body parts. 

Her contribution to host chat yesterday was awful.

Her wardrobe is just awful!  The long, pleated neon colored skirts that eat her up or the  skin tight skirts she cannot walk in.  And what is with the Gianvito Rossi pumps???  Same ole sh*t every single day.  Fire her wardrobe person please!!  And she has become such a complete bore to watch.  Her ego is out of this world, so out of touch.  Stop bragging about your daddy, too.  It is SO creepy.

• Love 3
On 12/3/2020 at 7:49 PM, NYCRunner said:

Her wardrobe is just awful!  The long, pleated neon colored skirts that eat her up or the  skin tight skirts she cannot walk in.  And what is with the Gianvito Rossi pumps???  Same ole sh*t every single day.  Fire her wardrobe person please!!  And she has become such a complete bore to watch.  Her ego is out of this world, so out of touch.  Stop bragging about your daddy, too.  It is SO creepy.

but she hasn’t seen Daddy in months. Unless, all the the time she was “stuck” in quarantine at an island resort and pretending to be in NYC the whole time. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 12/2/2020 at 2:51 PM, ByaNose said:

How rich is Kelly Ripa? She had people (and, paid them) to come and move furniture for her so they could up the Christmas tree. Now, I know people get their trees delivered (especially in NYC) so I’ll let that slide but having people move furniture to put up said tree is beyond obnoxious & dumb. I think Michael and Joaquin are young enough to move furniture. It’s amazing how out of touch she is with reality. That said, her Christmas tree was beautiful. At least, she decorates it. The Kardashian’s pay people to,decorate their own tree. I’ve heard of “normal” people doing that, too. I always thought why do people do that. I’d gladly do it and get paid. I  do my parents every year and it’s fun. I even use my own decorations or their tree. I have three sets. (Kmart & Target with a little bit of Pottery Barn). Whatever one I’m not using I use another set for them. Yes! I know some people don’t even have one set but that’s different. We’re talking about me. LOL!!!!!

Kelly is so out if touch with reality . She used to be down to earth and now she is so fake. To tell people she hired movers for Christmas decorationg during a pandemic when there are people hoping that their unemployment gets extended , or trying to decide whether to pay the electric bill or buy food is so out of touch ! It’s like when she said she didn’t know how she’d afford college years ago when her kids’ private elementary school costed more than a private college !  

We Know she’s making a lot of money , but she is too stupid to not tell everyone how she spends it !

• Love 2
1 hour ago, orangekit said:

Kelly is so out if touch with reality . She used to be down to earth and now she is so fake. To tell people she hired movers for Christmas decorationg during a pandemic when there are people hoping that their unemployment gets extended , or trying to decide whether to pay the electric bill or buy food is so out of touch ! It’s like when she said she didn’t know how she’d afford college years ago when her kids’ private elementary school costed more than a private college !  

We Know she’s making a lot of money , but she is too stupid to not tell everyone how she spends it !

Maybe those people she hired were glad for the job and the $$.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I’m sure they were, but when people are struggling to pay bills , and talking about doing that when the nation has a higher unemployment rate food lines is out is of touch. Just like saying she didn’t know how she’d pay for college or that her son lives in poverty when kids are living on student loans and working multiple jobs, and he’s coming home to his parents’ multimillion dollar penthouse to do laundry or eat , or quarantining for months on a private island with his family !

Edited by orangekit
Just now, orangekit said:

I’m sure they were, but when people are struggling to pay bills , and she has a right to spend her money like that, but talking about doing that when the nation has a higher unemployment rate food lines is our is touch. Just like saying she didn’t know how she’d pay for college or that her son lives in poverty when kids are living on student loans and working multiple jobs, and he’s coming home to his parents’ multimillion dollar penthouse to do laundry or eat , or quarantining for months on a private island with his family !

Yes well it is a talk show and we really don't know what actually happens in her personal life - 15 minutes of host chat isn't exactly a camera recording her life 24/7 - and how much she helps out other folks.  The highest form of giving is anonymous.  So we don't really know.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Yes well it is a talk show and we really don't know what actually happens in her personal life - 15 minutes of host chat isn't exactly a camera recording her life 24/7 - and how much she helps out other folks.  The highest form of giving is anonymous.  So we don't really know.

Not saying none of what you say is true , but bringing  up frivolous spending is just insensitive at this time .  

3 minutes ago, orangekit said:

Not saying none of what you say is true , but bringing  up frivolous spending is just insensitive at this time .  

Maybe frivolous to us, but those workers are probably grateful.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Point well taken. She is stimulating the economy hiring a company that does this type of work. That said, I never knew there were people who just moved your furniture. Obviously, there are movers to move your furniture when your moving but it never occurred to me there is a company to just move your furniture around your house. Maybe, they are the one and the same?!

Edited by ByaNose
On 12/5/2020 at 5:33 PM, ByaNose said:

Point well taken. She is stimulating the economy hiring a company that does this type of work. That said, I never knew there were people who just moved your furniture. Obviously, there are movers to move your furniture when your moving but it never occurred to me there is a company to just move your furniture around your house. Maybe, they are the one and the same?!

Yep! They're still getting paid and it actually maybe a little easier.  I did it when i moved from an attic apartment  down to the first floor.  Hired them to move the furniture.

• Love 2

Yeah. I quit watching daily a long while back.  Occasionally I'll watch if i like the guest.  I do see the change in Kelly.  Now I'm not a doctor, nor do i play one on PRIMETIMER (lol hee) 

1.  I wonder if its hormonal.  I hate to call on that old cliche, but seriously, it will fuck a person up.  Shes right at that age of being perimenopausal.  Maybe she needs a bunch of bloodwork checked.

2.  Maybe she realized she really is in a boys club.  Look around, they are everywhere......she's at the top of her game.  Host-wise. Top-Host.  The ahow has been around for 30 years, its not going to go anywhere....

Let it be noted, this is all my opinion only.  I do like Kelly.  Its just....i dont know, whoever said 'off', i couldnt agree more. something is off.

I think one reason she appears "off" to some is that she hasn't mastered the ability to be confident in speaking off the cuff, while in such a powerful position.  I think she has very strong feelings about many things, but has been cautioned by Gelman and others in her life that she must remain palatable to a wide cross section of viewers.  She over-thinks what she is saying, or trying to say, and the stammer comes across as being "off".  It's also fair to note that being "off" wouldn't be all that noticeable if she had made us all comfortable with her "on" mode.

If she were to talk about random documentary films seen by dozens, or LGBTQIA+ rights, dance music of the 80s, or an obscure political biography, she might seem more at ease.  But all those things are wildly niche-y for a stay-at-home-during-the-day audience.

• Love 1

They’re winding the show down for the year. I think they start reruns next week till new year. They did a job doing the show remotely & then returning to the studio six feet apart but shot like they’re sitting next to each other. I think they’ll continue this until next season. They have to work out the kinks with the vaccine & then Gelman, Kelly & Ryan have to be on board to bring in an audience. It’s funny listening to Andy Cohen & Anderson Cooper talk about their kids. It’s too bad Kelly has to insert herself into their lives but they appear to like her. LOL!!!!! I did enjoy seeing Mark as a guest and was hoping he would host with Kelly. He seemed really happy to be home after being away for 4 months. 

• Love 1

Kelly posted a scary picture of herself with a low cut sleeveless top that shows her boney shoulders and  creepy chest !  The people who do her hair and makeup on Live deserve awards ! She is creepy without makeup or the right outfits to cover the bones and skin .

She looks like she has some kind of weird scaring on her chest and also near her shoulder , like she’s had surgery.  Also her chest looks sunburned .I wonder if they are back in the quarantine house in the Caribbean island that she pretended was NYC .

• Love 1

I saw this pic too Orangekit and thought the same thing.  Very unattractive picture, imo, way too skinny and the outfit was just so odd.  I couldn't tell if she was trying to be 'funny' or what but based on the comments by her celeb friends, I see this was a serious picture.  I notice a lot of her pictures are taken without makeup, which is great, but she seems to want to showcase whatever she's done to her face and for me, it's too much, lol.  Her skin is so tight it looks like it's going to split if she smiles which is probably why most of her pics are just kind of staring.  

I do enjoy seeing her Christmas tree and the kids but her self-absorption is just too much for me.   

• Love 2

Speaking of Kelly pictures , she posted a picture saying good bye to 2020 . She defiantly looked better than she did in her no make up  scary picture , looks like someone did her makeup and wardrobe!  
I never realized how fake and narcissistic Kelly is until she had to go on the show without a lot of production .  
Between her constant picture or “Daddy” without his shirt and her conceited poses, she’s just so I likable 

There is also a family picture standing in a pool . Looks like Lola took mom’s comments about how she wouldn’t even wear clothing if she had her body ! Lol. The light effects did help strategically cover up some of the lack of coverage !

Edited by Dansgreens

The new shows are disappointing.  Host chat (hate even calling it that, it's like blasphemy, lol) is even more off than it usually is, imo.  

Today's Halo talk was so self-serving.  Here's a newsflash Kellmee, a lot of us already know you are condescending and angry.  And for that matter, Ryan seemed to have a little bit too much fun agreeing that you have a 'tone.'  

And then there's the 'fat tracker' gibberish.  OMG Kelly, I would guess you have about .001% body fat so please stop the talk about overeating, checking your body fat percentage, blah, blah, blah.

I have noticed Ryan doesn't even try to hide his smirks and I forget what he said to 'correct' Kellmee today but she wasn't having it...she made a comment to the effect "well, I'm just saying."  She will not be second-fiddle to him and it shows.

At the very end of the show while saying their good-byes, she looked almost angry or annoyed to me and seemed to be starting or engaged in conversation with Ryan.

She still can't speak, the pauses are now getting l  o  n  g  e  r and the stammering and stuttering are still there.

Same crappy show, lol.

Edited by finnzup
  • Love 4

I noticed the last two weeks the Thursday and Friday shows are pre-recorded.  I admit to not being a daily viewer so is this now the 'new normal' for Live?

The pre-recorded shows are just as bad as the live shows, maybe even worse, lol.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I have watched a little bit here & there lately for as long as I can take it, 10 minutes tops.  What really stands out to me is that Kelly NEVER allows Ryan to speak.  He might get one or two sentences in but then it is back to her trying to get words out and boring the cr*p out of everyone with another endless story about nothing.  She is not funny or interesting or likeable AT ALL.  You can see by the look on Ryan's face that he is annoyed with her.  And I simply cannot stand how deep and manly her voice has become.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, NYCRunner said:

I have watched a little bit here & there lately for as long as I can take it, 10 minutes tops.  What really stands out to me is that Kelly NEVER allows Ryan to speak.  He might get one or two sentences in but then it is back to her trying to get words out and boring the cr*p out of everyone with another endless story about nothing.  She is not funny or interesting or likeable AT ALL.  You can see by the look on Ryan's face that he is annoyed with her.  And I simply cannot stand how deep and manly her voice has become.

I would never have described her voice as "deep and manly".  I always think it's "chipmunk-y".

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/14/2021 at 8:41 AM, finnzup said:

I noticed the last two weeks the Thursday and Friday shows are pre-recorded.  I admit to not being a daily viewer so is this now the 'new normal' for Live?

It was mentioned back in October (?) that Ryan is taping/prepping American Idol and he requested the change.

Not sure if there's a reason to go back with no audience and limited guests. It's likely cheaper to keep the studio dark two days a week.  Having guest co-hosts is much harder than in past years. More important, the ratings are better than fine, so why change?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Kelly and Mark are using Instagram to show the world how hot they are for each other .

Kelly had some shirt that had the word “glitter “  on it , and Mark asked her if it was a “c” or a “g”.

Neither of them miss opportunity to make sexual comments about each other .  So adolescent, and it always makes me wonder how much sex they actually have ! People who usually are not getting any are the people who talk about it all the time !

Edited by Dansgreens
  • Love 2

I too saw that Instagram comment by Mark and just cringed.  Omg, what on earth do their kids think?  Some things are not for public consumption and that, imo, is one of them.  And btw, the sweatshirt in question is over $600....lol.  I thought at first it was a sweatshirt she made herself with iron-on letters, lol.  So very tacky, and I agree wholeheartedly, those that have to tell the world about it are usually not as lucky as they would want us to believe.

Today's host chat was almost unbearable to watch.  Ryan was telling a story about Larry King, Kellmeeee, of course, was doing all she could to take the attention away from his story i.e., drinking from her mug, scratching her face, making the weirdest faces (she later revealed she had an unbearable toothache) and could not have been any more less interested in Ryan's story about his relationship with Larry King.  I found his story very interesting and it had shades of one of Regis' stories but she did all she could to derail it.  

And I'll say it again; she can't speak, she can't tell a story and if she's so petrified of 'public speaking,' here's a newsflash, get another job!! lol.

Can't wait for tomorrow to see the both of them in the shower with their oranges.  What?!  Seriously Gelman, this is the best production value you can come up with?  

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Dansgreens said:

Kelly and Mark are using Instagram to show the world how hot they are for each other .

Kelly had some shirt that had the word “glitter “  on it , and Mark asked her if it was a “c” or a “g”.

Neither of them miss opportunity to make sexual comments about each other .  So adolescent, and it always makes me wonder how much sex they actually have ! People who usually are not getting any are the people who talk about it all the time !

This is about 2 things; Kelly and Mark have a brand now so they have to put out items that get clicks and also help the fact that they are a pair of thirst traps online.

The second thing this helps Kelly with is that she is a Narcissist, has body dysmorphic disorder, is vain, arrogant, greedy and needs constant attention so putting these items on line help fill an empty pit inside her that has never and will never be filled.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, juno said:

The second thing this helps Kelly with is that she is a Narcissist, has body dysmorphic disorder, is vain, arrogant, greedy and needs constant attention so putting these items on line help fill an empty pit inside her that has never and will never be filled.

C'mon, tell us how you really feel!

• LOL 2