Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I didnt notice any choppiness on Wed July 4.  The show has often been "live" on Independence Day, even back in the Regis Years.  I also did not notice any "Previously Recorded" message. The Tony Pigg intro sure made it seem like it was pre-recorded.   Ryan even joked that he called his father at the Atlanta Peachtree July 4 Road Race and that his father didnt believe that he was at the studio, getting ready for the show.  He also mentioned the Tuesday night rain in NYC.  Maybe everyone stepped up their Acting Chops for the Wednesday ? 

Thursday and Friday were clearly pretaped earlier in the week, complete with choppy audience cut-aways, generic host chat, and edited interviews.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 2
(edited)

Kelly was having a Madonna vocal inflection with San Diego. WTF? Son Diago. She said it three times. I think Ryan wanted to point it out to her but the timing was off by Kelly & the audience clapping. I thought she was kidding but she kept saying it. Is she really that rich & out of touch that she doesn’t know how to pronounce a very well known city such as San Diego?

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Kelly was having a Madonna vocal inflection with San Diego. WTF? Son Diago. She said it three times.

I thought she was talking about Santiago Chile!  I saw Joel McHale on The View talking about Comicon at San Diego and put two and two together. 

• Love 3

Sooo….I wonder what will happen with "Live w/Kelly&Ryan" now that GMA is announcing a 3rd hour show with Michael Strahan & Sarah Haines?  Where I live, "Live" comes on at 9am on our local ABC channel, opposite Meghan Kelly on NBC.  Is GMA trying to create a "fun" hour like KLG&Hoda on NBC?  Kelly will be 'mad as a wet hen" about Michael getting another show from ABC. 

• Love 4

I thought I had read that this 3rd hour would be at 1:00 in the afternoon?  That doesn't even make sense but who knows.  I would love to see it go head to head with Kellmee.

On another note, did Kelly really talk about throwing away used tampons in a public restroom during morning host chat?!?! 

• Love 1
On 7/18/2018 at 9:44 PM, ByaNose said:

Kelly was having a Madonna vocal inflection with San Diego. WTF? Son Diago. She said it three times. I think Ryan wanted to point it out to her but the timing was off by Kelly & the audience clapping. I thought she was kidding but she kept saying it. Is she really that rich & out of touch that she doesn’t know how to pronounce a very well known city such as San Diego?

Omg she was kidding, like she does with France.   I do stupid thangs like that on certain words, for no reason, just being silly.  I always say thang instead of thing. I always spell baby as baybee (unless its something official) just being stoopid.

On 7/23/2018 at 8:08 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Sooo….I wonder what will happen with "Live w/Kelly&Ryan" now that GMA is announcing a 3rd hour show with Michael Strahan & Sarah Haines?  Where I live, "Live" comes on at 9am on our local ABC channel, opposite Meghan Kelly on NBC.  Is GMA trying to create a "fun" hour like KLG&Hoda on NBC?  Kelly will be 'mad as a wet hen" about Michael getting another show from ABC. 

I was wondering about that very thang.  Im wondering how Strahan how is going to like being with another perky blonde.  I dont know, kinda wish it was someone else (Dan Harris :)) heee

12 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Lola & her boyfriend were in the front today. I guess it’s pretty serious if she wanted to be seen on the show that her Mother host. LOL!!!!! 

Lola is SO pretty.  She has the best of both of her very attractive parents (seemed to me, from a distance anyway).  I couldn't believe she was in the front row -- she who seems to hate the attention.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Lola is SO pretty.  She has the best of both of her very attractive parents (seemed to me, from a distance anyway).  I couldn't believe she was in the front row -- she who seems to hate the attention.

I was wondering if her and the boyfriend were really there to see Chris Daughtry?! He seems more their speed then the other guest who were on.

I know this has been shared before, but the "previously recorded" shows are edited SO badly. They are choppy and on today's show, I don't know how long the story was originally about Kelly's teeth but they really butchered it. I don't understand - can they not afford proper editors? 

• Love 1
(edited)

And why do they have to be edited at all? Isn’t it taped on Thursday right after the live show? Also, it’s really not that hard to tweak the applause to match what’s happening on screen.

Edited by chitowngirl
13 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

And why do they have to be edited at all? Isn’t it taped on Thursday right after the live show? Also, it’s really not that hard to tweak the applause to match what’s happening on screen.

I agree - I don't care for the random usually-too-long shots of the audience, it's uncomfortable. And if by chance it needs to be shown, they had the perfect opportunity with a couple in the audience who proposed during a commercial break. No, if we want to see that, we need to go to the website. 

1 hour ago, DuckyinKy said:

I agree - I don't care for the random usually-too-long shots of the audience, it's uncomfortable. And if by chance it needs to be shown, they had the perfect opportunity with a couple in the audience who proposed during a commercial break. No, if we want to see that, we need to go to the website. 

Seriously, they couldn't edit 7 minutes out of the scintillating host chat to show the proposal?  Bad move Gelman!

• Love 4

Today I had a good chuckle. First let me say that I enjoyed Jenna Dewan as a co-host. I thought her shirt was cut a bit too low for morning tv but it’s not as though anything was hanging out. She seemed chipper and genuinely wanted to help Ryan out with his dance moves...and that girl can dance. YouTube her doing the Magic Mike workshop scene (he does it in the movie but her version is hot and I’m straight). I disliked Ryan talking to Kelly over the screen but laughed that he was asked to be in Drake’s video and Kelly wasn’t. She’s not going to be happy about that. She’s very competitive. I just melted when he stated that he was going to gift the phone contestant even though Gelman couldn’t because of the rules and fairness. I’m coming around to liking him more and Kelly less. So what if he’s sensitive and seems feminine at times. He seems to have a big heart and that counts in my book. 

• Love 3

Did Kelly mention last week that she was going to be leaving for a vacation this week? I read somewhere else that she was PO’d because Michael Strahan got an hour extension of GMA and it would be taking over her time slot in some cities. Now I realize that an individual stations schedule can be changed to fit everything in that they want in programming but I’m just a little suspicious. Was this a planned vacation or was she miffed about the MS news? 

On 7/31/2018 at 2:21 PM, Mindthinkr said:

laughed that he was asked to be in Drake’s video and Kelly wasn’t. She’s not going to be happy about that. 

I got the impression Drake asked Ryan's clip to be included in his video because Ryan was so awful!  I could be wrong!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Did Kelly mention last week that she was going to be leaving for a vacation this week? I read somewhere else that she was PO’d because Michael Strahan got an hour extension of GMA and it would be taking over her time slot in some cities. Now I realize that an individual stations schedule can be changed to fit everything in that they want in programming but I’m just a little suspicious. Was this a planned vacation or was she miffed about the MS news? 

I thought it was strange that she took a vacation after she had three weeks off right before the fourth of July!  And isn't Mark working now?  So, where would she be on vacation?

Knowing Kelly,  it wouldn't be surprising that she had another tantrum and needed to go to an island to comfort her rich, spoiled, self!

Did she really think that her little antics when Strahan left would not go unanswered by Disney?  She berated Strahan on the air like an unprofessional witch, and she also berated her employer and acted like she was working in a sweat shop, while worrying about "respect" in the workplace, when she is an overpaid , narcissistic, multi millionaire  who has a pattern of not speaking to her co-hosts if they dare leave and not get her blessing!   The fact she doesn't attend Gelman's parties if Regis is present, and is so childish, shows how money and attention has caused her to morph into a childish, rich,  demanding woman.   

I think ABC is supposed to shot that hour with Michael Strahan and Sarah Haines at 1pm, which I find weird, and I think will eventually be put on the air during the 9am hour.    

I thought that this would be their slow and subtle way to get rid of Live, and also stick it to Kelly.   I wonder if Gelman will be hired by the network to produce that 9am hour of GMA.  I have a feeling the like him because he's loyal, and he does do a decent job of producing the who.

I knew ABC/Disney would never allow someone to do what Kelly did, and publicly put them down,  and when I heard about the  Strahan/ Haines show, I knew Kelly would be annoyed.

I am sure Kelly will be fine, she has the money  and the ability to do whatever she would like to do,  but I think she wants to win and be in control, and it looks like that wont happen. I don't think Ryan will care, she took that show to cross promote AI , and I'm sure he'd rather be in LA anyway!

• Love 6

Kelly is on vacation? I don’t believe it was planned . She is nowhere on instagram, and Mark is working . She hasn’t posted since the weekend.   Mark seems to be in NYC for the weekend .  So I’m thinking either Kelly is having a little tantrum, or maybe rher is some family situation with her parents, and she needed the time off .    She just always posts and like other’s posts, so it’s weird.

After seeing goofy Jerry O’Connell yesterday again, I was glad he was not hired as the co-host, he would be so over the top annyoung every day of od the week .

On 8/1/2018 at 4:45 PM, sugarbaker design said:

I got the impression Drake asked Ryan's clip to be included in his video because Ryan was so awful!  I could be wrong!

I dont think he was so awful.  Did better than i could do hah!

On 8/1/2018 at 10:27 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I don't recall her mentioning a vacation, though an August vacation is usually on the schedule.  There are female co-hosts next week, so I imagine they are Ryan pre-tapes or he is doing another week before taking his two weeks off.  Posts are not numbered here, but if you go back and look at posts made in August 2015 and 2017, both co-hosts are AWOL in some form for most of August.  2016 was slightly different. :-)

I think they are both back :live: as of the Tuesday after Labor Day.  Which is pretty typical of the schedule for the past decade or so,

GMA "Day" is not taping at 9AM weekdays.  It hasn't been revealed how much of it will be live or "plausibly live".  The show is replacing The Chew on the schedule, so any publicity about Kelly's reactions is just the snarky media wanting to drum up some clickbait.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 3

Have always heard Kelly talking about Mark and  his "Riverdale" role and thought nothng of it.  Never knew what Riverdale was and really didn't care.....until I started watching this summer and I'm hooked!  But, I have to say I have no idea how Mark got the role on this show.  My goodness, these  young actors put him to shame, they are that good!  He is absolutely the worst!  He is so wooden and his delivery is awful.  I don't remember him too much from All My Children, but holy cow, he's awful in Riverdale.

• Love 1
On 8/1/2018 at 11:27 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Well, most of the other shows are on hiatus this time of year, so i could see it having been planned.  If she is still pissed about MS, what is she going to do when Ryan eventually flies the coop.  get over it  lol

• Love 1

I think Kelly’s been on vacation for 3 or 4 weeks now. I can’t believe the money she makes (I think $20 Million for the show alone) and, all the vacation and the extended holiday breaks rolled into vacation that she gets. She really has hit the mother load for the very little she actually does. Crazy!!!

• Love 5
On 8/8/2018 at 8:00 AM, finnzup said:

Have always heard Kelly talking about Mark and  his "Riverdale" role and thought nothng of it.  Never knew what Riverdale was and really didn't care.....until I started watching this summer and I'm hooked!  But, I have to say I have no idea how Mark got the role on this show.  My goodness, these  young actors put him to shame, they are that good!  He is absolutely the worst!  He is so wooden and his delivery is awful.  I don't remember him too much from All My Children, but holy cow, he's awful in Riverdale.

The role on Riverdale has been his biggest to date. It’s not so much the role but the show itself. He did a lot of shows that were either cancelled or he was killed off. Now, he’s on a water cooler show. He’s also young enough looking where he doesn’t stand out as much. I don’t watch the show but I think Luke Perry is on the show, too. It’s funny because on 90210 the parents were shown in the beginning but phased out because of Luke Perry, Shannon Doherty & Jason Priestly. It’s a different time and the older characters are simulated better. He’s good for a few years. Kelly is thrilled. It’s more money and it makes them even more relevant. LOL!!!!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The role on Riverdale has been his biggest to date. It’s not so much the role but the show itself. He did a lot of shows that were either cancelled or he was killed off. Now, he’s on a water cooler show. He’s also young enough looking where he doesn’t stand out as much. I don’t watch the show but I think Luke Perry is on the show, too. It’s funny because on 90210 the parents were shown in the beginning but phased out because of Luke Perry, Shannon Doherty & Jason Priestly. It’s a different time and the older characters are simulated better. He’s good for a few years. Kelly is thrilled. It’s more money and it makes them even more relevant. LOL!!!!

And now they have Michael on "Riverdale" too!  Saw an article that Michael will play a younger version of his Father's character.  There was a picture of Michael & Mark together & they do look remarkably alike...more like Brothers than Father/Son.

• Love 3
On 08/08/2018 at 3:49 PM, Tammee said:

Well, most of the other shows are on hiatus this time of year, so i could see it having been planned.  If she is still pissed about MS, what is she going to do when Ryan eventually flies the coop.  get over it  lol

I'm not sure she's still pissed about MS leaving (if she ever was).  It was probably the way it was handled in such a back stabbing way.  Ryan probably knows what a good gig this is.

On 05/08/2018 at 4:57 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

so any publicity about Kelly's reactions is just the snarky media wanting to drum up some clickbait.

Question:  as frustrated as I get with Kelly, her show with Ryan is part of my morning ritual as I'm getting ready for work.  Is the new Michael Strahan / Sarah Haines show going to move Kelly & Ryan out of its spot?  Sarah annoys me -- she seems quite impressed with herself and will not be a good co-lead / true partner to my dear Michael Strahan -- so I'll probably skip it. 

Edited by MerBearHou
8 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Question:  as frustrated as I get with Kelly, her show with Ryan is part of my morning ritual as I'm getting ready for work.  Is the new Michael Strahan / Sarah Haines show going to move Kelly & Ryan out of its spot?  Sarah annoys me -- she seems quite impressed with herself and will not be a good co-lead / true partner to my dear Michael Strahan -- so I'll probably skip it. 

I understood that it was going to tape earlier but air at 1 p.m. eastern. 

2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I understood that it was going to tape earlier but air at 1 p.m. eastern. 

So in my neck of the woods it is basically replacing The Chew. I think I’d have rather had another season of The Chew than a spin-off of Live with Whomever. 

• Love 2

I do love Kelly and Ryan, it has been part of my day since the days of Regis & KLG. Kelly is gorgeous, but after the summer Kelly looks "refreshed" and she is keeping her hair closely framed around her face. It's not drastic and considering she is on TV I am 100% supportive of whatever she had done (if she had any) because she looks great. Glad they are back live!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DuckyinKy said:

I do love Kelly and Ryan, it has been part of my day since the days of Regis & KLG. Kelly is gorgeous, but after the summer Kelly looks "refreshed" and she is keeping her hair closely framed around her face. It's not drastic and considering she is on TV I am 100% supportive of whatever she had done (if she had any) because she looks great. Glad they are back live!

She sure does look good. I think there’s some Botox involved in the forehead region as her eyebrows aren’t moving too much but you are right IMO, she didn’t do too much and there’s nothing that shouts “look at me, I’ve been done”. 

My jaw dropped today. Kelly was saying something and then she said something like “Oh yes, I can. It’s my show”. Ryan was a good sport about it and just kept the smile frozen on his face. I think she is getting a bit entitled about the show.

• Love 6

Kelly was having an issue today. She was “sweating”. Here in the south a woman would say glistening but no matter. What did concern her was that it was showing on her blouse and in a odd place. She went on about that for a minute or so. Not her underarms per se. She also showed us that it was happening on both sides.  Ah, hostess problems. She went and changed her shirt during the first commercial break. 

• Love 1

Saw Kelly on a live Instagram video last night and I couldn't believe it was her.  Don't know what she did to her face, but I couldn''t believe it was Kelly.  And the faces and poses she was making with her mouth, omg.  I don't think she will be able to grow old gracefully, she's fighting and clawing all the way through middle-age. 

• Love 3

Michael Weatherly was on today. He was really funny. I don’t watch his show Bull but I’ve heard of it. Kelly & him go back to the soap days. He was on Loving for a few years and they hung out a lot. Andy Cohen was hosting with Kelly and is a soap nut from the 80’s & 90’s. Weatherly had a 50th Birthday party and Andy asked if Trucker was invited. Trucker was a character from Loving and was really big in the 90’s. Anyway, Kelly thought it was hysterical. I don’t know if she dated Robert Tyler (Trucker) or not back then before Mark. Here is Kelly & Michael Weatherly from back in the day. 

E460A4FA-021B-475E-A381-410F87F121CF.jpeg

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3

Kelly reacting to another instagram post in her usual way, lol.  I don't know why she bothers to go back at these posters, she certainly is thin skinned, lol.

Isn't that part of being in the public eye and a well known tv personality?  People are gonna say things, good and bad.  In my opinion, it makes her look low class and so juvenile.

Just move along Kelly, no need to get down and dirty, There are those that don't think you are all that, lol.

• Love 2

Oh boy ! Kelly actually talked about how sad she was that Lord and Taylor is closing . She said then she first moved to NYC she wished she could buy something there and then she would know her shop had come in. 

Then she said  “I’m still waiting for my shop to come in”.  Seriously ? How greedy is she , or how xdupid does she think her audience is ?  So obnoxious for someone making 20 million a year to actually say something like that ! 

• Love 7
On 9/26/2018 at 6:15 PM, finnzup said:

Kelly reacting to another instagram post in her usual way, lol.  I don't know why she bothers to go back at these posters, she certainly is thin skinned, lol.

Isn't that part of being in the public eye and a well known tv personality?  People are gonna say things, good and bad.  In my opinion, it makes her look low class and so juvenile.

Just move along Kelly, no need to get down and dirty, There are those that don't think you are all that, lol.

I see that !  She and Mark come off so low class , stupid, petty when they fight  with posters !  If someone is that offensive , just quietly block them or better yet , ignore them !   They remind of Chrissy Theigan who posts every single dumb detail of her life on twitter , and then gets into fights with people when they make a rude comment !

Kelly and Mark get into insulting posters at times . It’s always seems to be  about Kelly’s looks . If she is that insecure, she should turn off comments on her Instagram account , or better yet , really go “off the grid “ when she’s on vacation , instead of spending all of her time online !

Seems like she and Mark feel a need to prove how  hot they are for each other , and how hot Kelly is all the time . So boring and childish ! 

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 4