Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The pressure Kelly faces are immense.

I wouldn't doubt that.  And unlike her former male co-host, Kelly most likely won't be allowed to remain on Live well into her late 70s-early 80s.  They'll get some random woman in her 20s or 30s and Michael will stay on lisping and spitting away until he gets too expensive to keep like Regis.

The pressure Kelly faces are immense.

I wouldn't doubt that.  And unlike her former male co-host, Kelly most likely won't be allowed to remain on Live well into her late 70s-early 80s.  They'll get some random woman in her 20s or 30s and Michael will stay on lisping and spitting away until he gets too expensive to keep like Regis.

• Love 2
(edited)

Poor little Kelly! How would she ever survive if she had to leave Live in 10 years? After all 20million a year is poverty, she barely can afford her vacations to private islands the royal family goes and her 3 mansions! Hopefully she has a 401j plan or she and Mark will be sitting on city streets getting internet service from Starbucks like they did after Sandy, while staying in a five star hotel!

Having to sit for four hours to turn into a smurf haired wonder - poor thing! Having her hair dresser make house calls and her eyelash extension woman do the same is torture to make sure her kids can eat!

And that Micharel! How dare TPTB find him valuable! After all, just because Live With Kelly consisted of tampon talk and throwing backstage, and pubic hair talk as highlights. And the host drove the ratings to a 20 year low until Michael came on, he no way deserves any credit! Kelly is a regular Bob Marley, beaten down by her bosses! Lol

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 3
(edited)

Who said Kelly was going to suffer financially?  One can be rich and still be under tremendous pressure.  And yes, I do believe Kelly's shorter shelf life has more to do with her being a woman than her supposed ineptness.  If Kelly's supposed lack of talent was bringing down the show that much, we would have most likely heard about it in the press.  Kelly will be put out to pasture because she'll be pushing 50 by the time her contract comes up, that's ancient for a woman, yet it's a man's prime of life. 

Regis's old man schtick would never be tolerated from a woman, ever.  Michael has a longer shelf life not because he's this super talent, it's because he's a dude IMO.  Period.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 3

Not that The View is a shining example because it certainly isn't, but Barbara Walters finally quit in her 80's, Joy Behar is over 70 & she is still a contributing guest host.  There are many "mature" women in the talk show business & they're there because they are smart & talented, two qualities that Kelly does not possess.  JMHO.

• Love 1

Not that The View is a shining example because it certainly isn't, but Barbara Walters finally quit in her 80's, Joy Behar is over 70 & she is still a contributing guest host. There are many "mature" women in the talk show business & they're there because they are smart & talented, two qualities that Kelly does not possess. JMHO.

Right . I doubt that TPTb are telling Kelly to act like she does and dye her hair. Kelly obviously proved she needs a cohost to carry the show when she was solo. Kathie Lee even found another show after Live and she is over 60!

I think the problem Kelly has is lack of ability, and insecurity from herself about aging, so she does stupid immature things. She showed her lack of substance when solo for sure, she was unbearable and at times obscene.

And even now watching her stammer to read a story and her lack of ability to tell a story without obviously lying is just strange for someone with her experience.

The blue hair and constant need to reveal that she is the center of the dance floor all the time is just Kelly , that is real Kelly from what I can see. The embarrassing mom trying to be cool.

It is hard to feel sorry for a person who mocked Regis and rolled her eyes like an immature brat if he made a mistake, when she can't even see cue cards but refuses to get contacts . Or when she acted like a middle school girl discovering her period, tsmpons, pubic hair and sexy for the first time when she had her opportunity to show how good she was solo.

• Love 2
(edited)

Not that The View is a shining example because it certainly isn't, but Barbara Walters finally quit in her 80's, Joy Behar is over 70 & she is still a contributing guest host.  There are many "mature" women in the talk show business & they're there because they are smart & talented, two qualities that Kelly does not possess.  JMHO.

The View was once a show with diverse, educated women talking about current events and topics, nothing like Live.  I highly disagree that Barbara Walters was contributing much of anything interesting by the time she retired.   And I think Kathie Lee pretending to be a boozehound is another example of a woman who feels the need to put on a silly act in order to get by, kind of like Kelly is accused of doing.

I doubt that TPTb are telling Kelly to act like she does and dye her hair.

That's on the Live producers if they don't want her to act the way she acts.  It's the producers' jobs to tell her to rein it in if they're so bothered by her supposed ineptness.  I don't think they really care or have told her to be "more professional," like I said if they're that upset by Kelly then they are miracle workers by keeping their displeasure out of the press.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 1

Wait a minute, I don't think anyone is suggesting Kelly Ripa is inept. Quite the opposite.  She was a soap heroine, sort of, and interviewed a lot on Rosie's old show, and on Live, and somehow got this gig.  She did well. Not inept.  She now has a multi-million dollar contract.

Do I hate watching her? Yes.  And this is from someone who liked her and was happy she got this job.  She is so not what she was then.  She became the host who is insufferable.  I don't need to give you examples, they are on this site daily.

I imagine there are people who adore her, and I am happy for them.  But, not me.  I now loathe her.

• Love 6

Wait a minute, I don't think anyone is suggesting Kelly Ripa is inept. Quite the opposite. She was a soap heroine, sort of, and interviewed a lot on Rosie's old show, and on Live, and somehow got this gig. She did well. Not inept. She now has a multi-million dollar contract.

Do I hate watching her? Yes. And this is from someone who liked her and was happy she got this job. She is so not what she was then. She became the host who is insufferable. I don't need to give you examples, they are on this site daily.

I imagine there are people who adore her, and I am happy for them. But, not me. I now loathe her.

Actually, when it comes to getting ahead, she is not inept, but I think she is very much inept at her job she has now. I think she proved she was unable to really do her job without a cohost carrying the show when she hosted alone.

But, I was also one who was very happy she got hired at first. I liked her on the soap, and even though she was not experienced, she was funny, and genuine. The thing I find annoying is how she seems so fake and insecure now.

• Love 5

Yeah, the more money she got she became less relatable. Between her NYC, Hampton & Colorado home (mansions) and even wealthier (she might be wealthier) friends she became totally different and less enjoyable. Granted, she's having the time of her life and I doubt she cares what we think. I really liked her when she started in 2000 and the following years with Regis. With, Michael Strahan.....not so much.

• Love 2

OMG,  bad enough Kelly has smurf hair, but how it's getting ratty from her putting her hands in it all the time.   FF is hilarious!  Faith is saying nicely how hard it is to match Kelly's blue hair to her wardrobe.  At one point Kelly pulls some red dress out, and Faith says it looked pretty with her blonde hair, and Kelly basically says because her blue hair is "ugly".   She was obviously hoping for Faith to reassure her that her hair is ok, but faith, being a stylist, seems like she just can't compliment that idiotic look.  She gives some lukewarm reply.  It must be fun to be a stylist and buy nice new, more sophisticated  outfits for Kelly, since she got her bob haircut, only to have her go through some tween stage again, and have her dye her hair  ridiculous  colors! LOL

• Love 2
(edited)

OK... I've seen, multiple times since yesterday, a promo for an ep I thought was airing today where Michael's 10-year-old (or whatever) twin daughters were in the promo & being "prepped" by him to go to the White House & interview First Lady Michelle Obama for a segment on the show.

It is a possibility Michael's girls would be asked to do that because last Friday was the (2nd or so) Annual White House Kids' State Dinner (which is actually a lunch), which is the culmination of a Kids' Recipe Contest Mrs. Obama started in the last few years tied into her "Healthy Eating" initiatives.

Kids from across the country submit healthy recipes to the White House; the White House Chefs (& I think Mrs. Obama, & maybe some other people) test the recipes & choose a winner from each state (maybe the US Territories as well); & a certain number of the recipes--probably the same number of courses as in a White House Dinner/State Dinner for Adults--are then prepared for the State/(Territory) Winners to enjoy, along with an accompanying parent/guardian & Mrs. Obama, at the Annual White House Kids' State Dinner. There's also special entertainment for the guests, like at the State Dinners for Adults/Foreign Dignitaries (this year, the cast of the Disney Broadway Musical Aladdin presented songs, or something, from their show), & President Obama also drops by to congratulate the winners & talk to them for a few minutes.

They air the show here today & the only 2 guests/show segments that are announced/aired are interviews with Michael Douglas, for his new movie Ant-Man, & WWE (I think) Star turned Actor, John Cena, promoting I don't know what (I switched to the Law & Order rerun on WGN America after Michael Douglas' interview ended).

Did they show an old promo (I thought it also mentioned Michael Douglas & John Cena, but I could be wrong), & I missed the right ep on a different day, or could they have pulled/delayed the segment for some reason?

EDITED TO ADD: OK I found out what happened, thanks to my Twitter feed. Michael's girls did the interview for his other show, Good Morning America. It aired today, & I missed it. Maybe I can find it online somewhere.

Edited by BW Manilowe
  • Love 1
(edited)

I actually kind of liked Kelly's pink extensions/hi-lites in her hair. However, when I saw the blue I was shocked as the blue makes the underlying blond look grey. I think this color really ages her. Her blond bob looks so fabulous and sophisicated-I wish she would go back to it. When her clothes/style work she is really pretty.

What I initially wanted to comment upon was the quality of guests (well, in my opinion) that they are getting this summer. I guess it's due to all the summer movies coming out and that some other shows are in reruns.

Edited by seacliffsal
  • Love 2

I like the pink hair too, because it "goes" with the blond. But yeah, the blue just looks grey-green almost and isn't fading well. It also looks bad when her hair is straight. Maybe if the stylist had gone with the wavy Bob when her hair was blue, it would look beachy, like ocean waves.

Otherwise, I don't see the big deal about her dying her hair in fun colours for the summer, and I really dislike when someone is considered too old for certain style choices. People might not have the right body type or colouring or personality for a particular style, but age should never hold you back from trying something new.

I love Kelly's dresses, wish I had places to wear fun and pretty summer dresses.

• Love 1

I'm sure Kelly is on cloud nine after Justin Bieber commented on her bikini Instagram photo. Yuck all the way around. She truly is teenager trapped in a middle aged woman.

I know it's summer, but both Kelly and Michael seem to be going through the motions. If I wanted to listen to someone read word for word from a newspaper article, I'd much rather read it myself.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm sure Kelly is on cloud nine after Justin Bieber commented on her bikini Instagram photo. Yuck all the way around. She truly is teenager trapped in a middle aged woman.

I know it's summer, but both Kelly and Michael seem to be going through the motions. If I wanted to listen to someone read word for word from a newspaper article, I'd much rather read it myself.

It is super boring when neither cohost has th ability to salon or tell a story. Watching them read stories that are picked for them and printed up is just weird. They can't even make an effort to open a NYC newspaper and speak about current events. It's all scripted and just silly, stupid items. I guess the producers don't want to see Kelly doing her "umm and uh" display when leafing through papers  like she did when she was solo. Michael is not  much better, but he still can tell a story and is more natural.

Now Kelly's hair looked a moldy grey, very attractive! The story about her dye coming off when she swets  at Sole Cycle was just gross.

Only good thing is maybe Michael won't have to have his mom looking like a the desperate for attention mother who shows unto move him in the dorm, trying to look cool and young. There is always one of hose women in every parent group.

The Bieber thing was just weird, but then again, Beiber is weird. I noticed the picture was from a photo shoot with airbrushing rather than a recent paparazzi bikini shot, which is a whole other thing for sure .

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 3

The summer is not yet over!  Maybe Kelly will have neon green hair when dropping off her embarrased son to his dorm room at his new college!    I can not believe she goes to work out and sweats blue after her spinning workout in front of other people.   Sorry, I think there is a certain age when you just don't dye your hair like that. It's one thing to have some streaks of a color for fun, but that is more suited for high school or college kids, or younger, who really want to be noticed. Even most younger kids don't go that extreme. 

Funny thing is, Kelly got a more sophisticated haircut, which actually looks good on her right now, and she is dressing more mature to fit her cut, and suddenly she goes for the unflattering, Kool Aid colored hair, and pretends this is something she always did- which we never saw before.

Beyond all of that, the colors look hideous because they wash out her complextion, and she does look 40 something in the face, even with make up. - not that that's a bad thing, it's just reality!    The idea of her without stage make up with that fading mold look on her head, sweating color in public is just sad and embarrasing. She truly does seem like she wants to remain a child, not just young.  Her need to starve herself, and over exercize to the point where her pre-teen children's clothing, and  her need to be the center or the dance stage at her childrens' friends events,  just  seems to show that she really can't handle the fact she is not a teen, and she is also in need of being the center of attention.    

The past couple of days there also has been no FF.  They just show clips of the show when they are on commercial.  What can they say when ever outfit looks blah to not clash with her ridiculous hair color?

• Love 1

Thought there would be more chatter about the Biebs lusting after the hot and sexy Mrs. Consuelos. I bet she's all a tingle thinking the little man-boy is getting off on that totally airbrushed and staged photo of her with her chicken cutlets firmly stuffed in her bikini  - which she claims she NEVER wears!! NEVER. I'm pretty sure I've seen multiple pics of her in her teensy weensy bikini with her ginormous outie (would Justin like to make love to THAT??? Ripa's Angry Inch. Lol.)

SO GLAD I quit the Live habit. Not worth it, suffering through Kelly to hear Michael. And comparing Kelly to Regis?????? HA HA HA.

REGIS HAD TALENT AS A TALK SHOW HOST. Kelly rode his coattails HARD and is STILL coasting along. Lucky to snag the likable and easily trainable Strahan to pull her along another couple years until she has enough money for MARKIE POO to feel comfortable. Kelly let us know a long time ago that Mark handles the finances, and makes the financial decisions. AND that he is OCD about cleanliness, and LOTS more.  I'm sure he is thrilled to have his wife pull in the millions until she is FINALLY let go and she can exercise to her heart's content. In the meantime, she shows that she is lucky, lucky, lucky that scummy jerk Bieber wants to slobber all over her MILF self. Yes, some people ARE lucky. She's one of them, IMHO.

• Love 2

Regis may have had his heyday, but by the time Kelly came along, he was a doddering old dude who shout-talked through his conversations and rambled on and on and ON about Notre Dame ad nauseum. Talk about living in the past, as if most people care about his football glory days from 50 years ago.

Amy Schumer is probably the funniest woman around today. Her visit to Live is trending hard on social media, and for good reason. Michael and Kelly could hardly contain themselves, they were laughing so much. I hope her movie does well.

• Love 1

I loved hearing the doddering old fool shout over the inane Ms. Ripa so he could get a word in and spout about his glory days at Notre Dame. I LOVED hearing about the duck who came to see him every time. About the old school values from 50 count 'em FIFTY years ago!!! Lol!! Fifty years ago I was six - I would LOVE to hear more about that time. But NO! Let's hear more about Kelly and her shallow thinking about ...hmmm ... what does she think about, besides exercise, not eating, exercise, celebrities, her FAVORITE celebrities that she is OBSESSED with, exercise, "fashion" exercise, not eating, her annoying children, her hot, hot, hot but otherwise vapid husband, exercising, "Mark Consuelos" ......... haven't watched the show lately, I'm SURE I missed something.

BRING BACK THE SLOBBERING DODDERING SENILE OLD FOOL, STAT!!!!!

• Love 5
Amy Schumer is probably the funniest woman around today. Her visit to Live is trending hard on social media, and for good reason. Michael and Kelly could hardly contain themselves, they were laughing so much. I hope her movie does well.

That was probably the single most hilarious visit by a guest since Michael joined the show.  How refreshing to have the star of a comedy actually be funny!  Amy killed!

• Love 1

I loved hearing the doddering old fool shout over the inane Ms. Ripa so he could get a word in and spout about his glory days at Notre Dame. I LOVED hearing about the duck who came to see him every time. About the old school values from 50 count 'em FIFTY years ago!!! Lol!! Fifty years ago I was six - I would LOVE to hear more about that time. But NO! Let's hear more about Kelly and her shallow thinking about ...hmmm ... what does she think about, besides exercise, not eating, exercise, celebrities, her FAVORITE celebrities that she is OBSESSED with, exercise, "fashion" exercise, not eating, her annoying children, her hot, hot, hot but otherwise vapid husband, exercising, "Mark Consuelos" ......... haven't watched the show lately, I'm SURE I missed something.

BRING BACK THE SLOBBERING DODDERING SENILE OLD FOOL, STAT!!!!!

I agree! Kelly is only in her 40's and she still can't even speak or even open a paper and read! They have to print up and highlight stories for her! She was a mess alone until they realize she had no real ability to speak off the cuff without being a perv and totally raunchy at 9am!

I was actually listening to. Pod cast and a producer of the podcast was saying how he met Ripa at a party and was shocked at how dirty her conversation and language was . She was making innuendoes and speaking about things that were very personal - probably her tampons! Talk about lack of class.

• Love 1

Looks like Kelly's hairdresser and possibly her stylist finally decided that blue  Smurf hair was idiotic.  Her hairdresser said she had her hair dyed to "opal".  WTF? She has such pretty blonde hair, now it looks grey.   Supposedly they were having a hard time matching clothing to her hair, and it faded into a greenish color.  Wouldn't a good hairdresser know this would happend and advise against it in the first place?   Then again, she is a rich celebrity, so he probably does whatever she wants.   He even makes house calls!

I don't doubt Kelly is raunchy and dirty with her jokes.  She was like that alone, and really got off on being Miley!   And stupid Gelman loved it!  There was even a moment during FF with Kelly and Carrie from DWTS throwing tampons at Gelman after she had to show us how large her tampons are after three babies!  Classy for sure!  Of course she forgets we know she had 3 c-sections, but that doesn't matter when she's making up stories.

I'd rather hear about Regis's adventures with his ducks, dinners and celebrities from the good old days anyday, rather than watching Michael and Kelly read xeroxed, recycled "news" that we see on every stupid show and facebook page.  But, I guess it's better than letting Kelly adlib.  Even though  Gelman found Kelly's tacky talk entertaining, the ratings tanked, and it seems like TPTB put a stop to Miley Ripa hosting the show after that solo summer!  

• Love 5

I have to ask this, as I have really noticed an escalation lately.  Has Kelly Ripa stolen your Retirement funds, dissed your mom and kicked your dog?  Because the vitriol aimed at her lately is very noticeable.  It had calmed down in here some, but the last few weeks are making it almost unbearable to read.  I'm starting to wonder if I should just abandon this thread altogether.  I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about Kelly or Michael, but this thread is supposed to be about the show.  Kelly does have her own thread, and most of the stuff here could quite easily go in there.  Really, I just want to come here and read and/or talk about the guests, funny things that have been said......  The constant "Kelly is horrible/disgusting/not Regis/too old blah blah blah," could all go in her thread and I wouldn't even notice.  I like to check and see what has been written about the show, but it always seems to be about how horrible Kelly is, or how Michael is just putting up with her until she is put out to pasture. 

I realize that this has turned into a long complaint, sorry about that, I just am having a hard time with the amount of vitriol here.

• Love 5

Has anyone noticed this past week something is off with Kelly's smile? It's like she can't smile very wide. I wonder if she had dental work or something

Yes, I noticed that too, but thought it was my imagination.  But, come to think of it, she may have had her face tightened!!??

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree, muffkins. Sometimes I come here to see comments on the guests or some funny stuff Kelly and Michael did or said, but nothing. Amy Schumer's appearance was hilarious, trended on social media, but here - in an actual thread about the show - it's almost ignored. I feel your frustration.

I really liked Kelly's hair yesterday, the blue-grey was gone, and it was styled very nicely. Sometimes the wavy bob can look too piecy and unruly, but it was nice and full with perfect waves.

Edited by Shermie
  • Love 2

The ONLY reason I watch this show is for the guests.  Of course Amy Schumer was good -- she's always good on every show!!  Most of the guests are good despite Kelly constantly inserting HERSELF into the conversation & the many commercial "breaks".  They have 15 minutes of nonsense at the beginning of the show with NO commercials, but interrupt & shorten their guest interviews to make up the time & money.  I just don't get it.  Kelly is an egotistical twit & Michael just goes along to get along.  I mentioned earlier that someone let it slip that he's "outta there" when his contract is up & who can blame him.  He can speak extemporaneously & she can't, so there's that.  (Not trying to ruffle any feathers here, but I've been saying this for years & obviously I'm one of the few that feels this way.)

• Love 3

See, I would prefer to read discussion about the guests then, if they're the only reason to watch. Rather than another comment about how awful Kelly is.

What was good about Amy Schumer? What did she say that was funny? What was her best bit on the show? What about today's guests? To me, that's the point of a discussion thread called "All episode talk" - general talk about the episodes.

I actually turned it off when the singer started (was that today or yesterday?) because I didn't care for her style at all. Adam Sandler's new movie might be good, if you like old video games. I wonder if Peter Dinklage will make the promo rounds for this; he's always quite funny when doing his GOT appearances.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I got sidetracked this morning, as I wanted to comment on the young guy they had singing today.  Then I waded through a bunch of posts, and my other post happened. (Sorry)  What I had wanted to say was, what the heck was that.  They guys voice was nice, but really, is this a hit song now?  "Watch me (insert dance move), watch me (insert another thing)"  over and over til  the end of the song.  I don't really know what to say about that.  Adam Sandler was funny too, and I usually find him irritating.  It's backwards day today.  And Amy Shumer was hilarious the other day.  I usually find her hard to take, but all the interviews I've seen of her promoting Trainwreck have been really good.  Either she's toning it down, or I'm getting used to her.

Edited by muffkins
  • Love 2

And Amy Shumer was hilarious the other day.  I usually find her hard to take, but all the interviews I've seen of her promoting Trainwreck have been really good.  Either she's toning it down, or I'm getting used to her.

The very first time I became aware of Amy was on the Ellen Show.  She, literally, had Ellen rolling off her chair & I was really laughing out loud (all by myself).  Amy's humor, I think, appeals to all demographics but not everyone, including my close friend, appreciates it.  Just sayin'.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh please , Kelly didn't know the meanings of two really old songs until her preteen son told her? Where does he repeatedly hear songs like that unless his parents listen to them? Another stupid story. Also, the writhing and chair dancing was just sad.

Oh and Markie has a bachelor's bod! She got pregnant so hires a trainer. And yes Kelly, we know you're shallow! Lol

Edited by snowydaze
  • Love 2

Amy Schumer can be pretty raunchy, but on Ellen and Live, she has to keep it cleaner, so maybe that's why she came across as extremely funny. Although I have a high tolerance for raunchy (I love Seth McFarlane), so I really want to see Trainwreck.

Live music segments often sound, to be charitable, less than ideal on these morning talk shows. Maybe it's because they don't have the fancy sound system or maybe the acoustics aren't as good, or maybe it's because they're not auto-tuned :). It's not the best way for a musician to promote.

• Love 1

what the heck was that.  They guys voice was nice, but really, is this a hit song now?  "Watch me (insert dance move), watch me (insert another thing)"  over and over til  the end of the song.  I don't really know what to say about that.

Live music segments often sound, to be charitable, less than ideal on these morning talk shows. Maybe it's because they don't have the fancy sound system or maybe the acoustics aren't as good, or maybe it's because they're not auto-tuned :). It's not the best way for a musician to promote.

That may be true, Shermie, but I have to agree with muffkins on this one, the song sucks :-) 

Oh please , Kelly didn't know the meanings of two really old songs until her preteen son told her? Where does he repeatedly hear songs like that unless his parents listen to them? Another stupid story. Also, the writhing and chair dancing was just sad.

Oh and Markie has a bachelor's bod! She got pregnant so hires a trainer. And yes Kelly, we know you're shallow! Lol

It's almost embarrassing when Kelly tells some of her stories.

The gyrating ( I don't ever see dancing in the s****** movements Kelly does)

Watching Kelly lately is like watching a teen trying to get attention. Her constant cutting off Michael if he says more than 2 sentences about something he did, like going to a movie, to read her large print unrelated sorties is just weird. And her over the top stories are as fake as her blue hair was.

• Love 5

When I think of Kelly all I envision is Long Island aka The Hamptons. Which means rich, rich and more rich. I don't find her relatable at all. I also envision that she, Mark, Andy Cohen & Anderson Cooper sit around and look at each other say, "Damn, we are rich!" LOL!!! I did a google of Kelly's Hamptons house (is that normal) and, I wasn't wrong. LOL!!! She has a beautiful mansion in Long Island. Yup! So not.relatable.to.me.at.all. LOL!!!

• Love 3

Katie Holmes is always so awkward in interviews, I feel. She's probably shy but you'd think so many years into show business and she'd be a little more relaxed!

• Love 1

I wanted to mention that I found Kelly's summary of Sharnado 3 hilarious yesterday. That's the Kelly I really enjoy-she does have a sense of humor and her timing was really good. Michael was the one who couldn't get out a story yesterday. When Kelly tells stories and celebrates pop culture she is right on the mark and really enjoyable to me.

• Love 5

Kelly barley could read her printed, enlarged story yesterday. She and Michael just can't adlib? The constant unrelated dull clippings are just painful somtimes.

Is Mark still away filming? Seems like Kelly here's more obnoxious when he's aeay. Her hilarious attempts at drama and dancing in her chair are just sad. And every other word is an innuendo like she's 12. I wonder why no one ever pulls her aside and tells her that she dances like Elaine on Seinfeld! LOL

FF is also hilarious now. Kelly is posing and staring at herself while her stylist is reading or barely paying attention . She als is wearing Faith's glasses at one point and is excited because she can read! I guess that's why the enlarged print of dumb clippings is needed since Kelly still doesn't have glasses or contacts. Wonder if it's either vanity or the need to feel young.

Kelly's recap of Sharknado 3 was great. I didn't watch it, and now I don't have to. I loved the look of incredulity on Michael's face as she described the increasingly nutty plot twists. Pulling a newborn baby out of the shark was the bizarro icing on the cake. It was like Michael couldn't believe the movie would be that ridiculous. But hey, if you're going to make an intentionally terrible movie, go all in, I say.

I think that Kelly is pretty quick witted and I am so thoroughly entertained when she uses her wit and humor to tell stories. I just wish the production would lessen the news articles (although some of them provide an opportunity for both Kelly and Michael to inject some humor) and encourage the story telling about what they do. I'm sure that they both get out enough that they have things to talk about. When Kelly and Mark's children were young they probably stayed home more. When Kelly used to talk about the Bachelor I was usually entertained as well.

(edited)

The plain and simple fact is that Kelly cannot string any cohesive thoughts together to form any semblance of an off-the-cuff story.

The ridiculous clippings began right after Regis announced he was leaving.  I'm sure Gelman went into panic mode and decided the new host 'chat' would consist of reading newsclippings.  I can only imagine the torture that was for Regis, who was and still is a master story-teller, to have to sit there and read news clippings.  

As it is, Kelly can barely read.....she stumbles so many times and if she's lucky, she's able to finish reading her story.  If she'd put as much time into reviewing the clippings before air time that she puts into mugging and posing in her chair, she'd be ahead of the game.  

I don't know what she thought she was getting herself into when she applied for the job............. It's a 'talk' show, a skill she has yet to showcase, imo.

Edited by finnzup
  • Love 2

I disagree. As mentioned upthread, Kelly had an entertaining and off the cuff description of Sharknado 3. That's just one example, within the past week. I know there are more, but I don't record the show, nor do I keep a diary about it, so I can't recite other instances off the cuff. But I know there are many times where Kelly and Michael have entertaining witty repartee about pop culture, life events or random stuff.

• Love 3

I'd rather hear about Regis's adventures with his ducks, dinners and celebrities from the good old days anyday, rather than watching Michael and Kelly read xeroxed, recycled "news" that we see on every stupid show and facebook page.

Not me. I loved Regis in his heyday, watching since the Kathie Lee years, but the sun has set. Even the Today show realizes he is only good for a once-a-month appearance. 

• Love 2