Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

I just found out Josh Segarra was in Lysistrata Jones with Colin Donnell's wife Patti Murin many years ago. 

Chase was crazy; he couldn't have broken out in song in one of his episodes? ? 

(P.S. I just saw Patti as Anna in Frozen and she was fabulous.)

• Love 4

Javier Muñoz, Anna Hopkins to guest on Shadowhunters
KELLY CONNOLLY  OCTOBER 7, 2017 
http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/07/shadowhunters-javier-munoz-anna-hopkins-guest-star

Muñoz and Anna Hopkins (Arrow) will guest star in season 3 as two new adversaries for the institute. Hopkins is set to play the season’s main villain, Lilith, while Muñoz guests as a rival warlock for Magnus (Harry Shum Jr.).

Edited by tv echo

Defiance's Anna Hopkins Joins Syfy's The Expanse in Recurring Season 3 Role

Defiance alum Anna Hopkins is once again your Syfy gal, having booked a plum recurring role on The Expanse.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Hopkins has been cast in the role of Monica, a charming and savvy journalist who has a way of convincing her subjects to let their guard down. She will debut midway through Season 3 when she is assigned to document Holden’s (Steven Strait) administration of the Rocinante.

This casting news comes on the heels of Hopkins being revealed as playing Shadowhunters baddie Lilith in the Freeform drama’s third season (premiering April 3, 2018).

OMG After having a fine old perve at David Ramsey and his arms I realised he played Deb's love interest on Dexter and she left him for Keith Carradine's character. I remember thinking "WHY?? WHY would you leave the hot dude who sings for the super old dude?"

And I like Keith Carradine. He makes a good looking POTUS, in a silver fox kind of way.

• Love 2

15 Embarrassing Roles Arrowverse Actors Want You To Forget
Oct. 16, 2017 by Mason Segall
http://www.cbr.com/embarrassing-arrowverse-roles/

15. DAVID RAMSEY IN CON AIR
.  .  .
The movie Con Air is most famous for Nick Cage instructing a criminal to “Put. The bunny. Down.” The second most famous thing it’s famous for is Nick Cage having ridiculously long hair that makes him look like a jaunty Charles Manson. The 18th thing it’s most famous for is having a young David Ramsey as Londell, an inmate in the plane transport that forms the crux and the setting of the movie.

It could have been a big break for the young actor, but he was forced to share the screen with some of the most weirdly charismatic presences of modern Hollywood. Nick Cage, John Malkovich, Steve Buscemi, Danny Trejo, Dave Chappelle, John Cusack, and Ving Rhames all play prominent roles and it would be hard, if not impossible, for a thespian trying to make his mark to stand out.
14. WILLA HOLLAND IN LEGION
.  .  .
Of all the characters in the Arrowverse, Thea Queen has grown the most. Introduced as a spoiled rich girl immune to consequence, she has since grown into a warrior and mature woman in her own right, overcoming traumatic loss in the process. And actress Willa Holland has given a solid performance in each stage of Thea’s transformation. Unfortunately, Holland’s growth as an actress took her down the unfortunate road to Legion, a poorly produced apocalypse film about an archangel defending a group of humans in a diner from wave after wave of a demonic invasion. 

It starred Paul Bettany as the angel, Tyrese Gibson as a patron, Dennis Quaid as the diner owner, and Willa Holland as a stereotypical rebellious teenager. The acting is wooden and unconvincing all around, and Holland is far from an exception. Her death towards the end of the film is almost satisfying. Almost.
11. EMILY BETT RICKARDS IN FLICKA: COUNTRY PRIDE
.  .  .
Emily Bett Rickards is one of the big finds of the Arrowverse. A young, talented actress, Rickards was looking for a big break when she was cast as Felicity Smoak and has since become a major part of many Arrow storylines as well as sporadic ones on The Flash. But things were not always so good for her. Case in point, her debut role was in the direct to video sequel to the sequel to the 2006 horse movie Flicka.

In Flicka: Country Pride, Emily plays Mary, a minor character in a team of riders. The film is about as bland as can be expected from a fairly generic movie in an already boring genre. It’s almost fortunate for Rickards that she melds into the background and doesn’t feature at all prominently.
5. STEPHEN AMELL IN TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS
.  .  .
The man who kicked off the Arrowverse in spectacular fashion, Stephen Amell also hold the distinction of being one of the nicest celebrities in the world. He’s easy-going, engages with fans, and even donates entire paychecks to charity. But no amount of generosity is going to forgive the fact that he took Casey Jones, one of the coolest characters ever, and played him like a whining brat. To be fair, nobody comes out of the Michael Bay-led Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sequel with their head held high, but as his first blockbuster endeavor, you’d think Amell would be a little more selective.

His performance never reaches the point where his ham-fisted delivery is enjoyable. Childish writing and a broken script certainly didn’t help. If there’s anything more to this franchise (and this is Hollywood so who are we kidding) then Amell would be wise to stay far way.
4. MANU BENNETT IN THE MARINE
Possibly the most masculine thing to come out of New Zealand since The Lord of the Rings¸ Manu Bennett has had a storied career where he’s played various forms of the same grizzled, raspy-voiced hard-core warriors. In the Arrowverse, he takes the form of iconic villain Slade Wilson, the central antagonist of season two of Arrow. Another project to show off his awesomeness was the John Cena vehicle The Marine. Essentially an experiment to see if the WWE Champion could work as a movie star, the results were mixed, and that’s being particularly generous.

Bennett played Bennett, a near-wordless thug working with a group of diamond thieves. The whole movie is something of a joke and Manu clearly isn’t taking it too seriously. Though he does get the distinction of knocking out Cena in their first encounter, so that’s something to brag about.

david-ramsey-con-ari.jpg?q=35&w=864&h=43 

emily-bett-rickards.png?q=35&w=864&h=432 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

SA must feel really annoyed with that article and the fact the TMNT did not blow up the way he wanted too. The other actors' roles were probably them just trying to pay the bills, no shame in that. SA really made a big misstep with TMNT as he could have done better with the role. He should have been a little choosier. Of course, he now has another role to milk the con circuit for, so financially I guess it made sense to him.

• Love 2

I think he needs to dial down the action. He almost needs to do what Robert Pattinson is doing. He has found some great roles and has received some awesome reviews. But I don't know if Stephen is into different roles.

Edited by EmilyBettFan
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, EmilyBettFan said:

I think he needs to dial down the action. He almost needs to do what Robert Pattinson is doing. He has found some great roles and has received some awesome reviews. But I don't know if Stephen is into different roles.

Well, first, he's known for action, so he'll have an easier time getting roles there.  Second, action roles typically pay more, which leads to third, most top grossing Hollywood stars are top grossing Hollywood stars because they do action films. Pattinson's also attached to a hugely successful franchise. Amell's tied to a cult show. 

If TMNT had been a big hit, we'd all be applauding him for making the right career move. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, kismet said:

SA must feel really annoyed with that article and the fact the TMNT did not blow up the way he wanted too. The other actors' roles were probably them just trying to pay the bills, no shame in that. SA really made a big misstep with TMNT as he could have done better with the role. He should have been a little choosier. Of course, he now has another role to milk the con circuit for, so financially I guess it made sense to him.

The Casey Jones part wasn't great - there just wasn't much to do with it, but I honestly don't remember him whining at all.  

• Love 1

I think at the time it was a smart decision. The first TMNT did well at the box office. It's a known property. Casey Jones was an action role that was different enough from Oliver Queen/Green Arrow to offer something new, and TMNT had the makings of a decent franchise. Unfortunately, the sequel didn't pan out. The few reviews I read did say SA was one of the highlights of the movie, though. Those weeks of press after it had already tanked were sad to watch. 

• Love 10

I thought he was supposed to be in a movie with Susan Sarandon, that sounded promising but then vanished.  Jared Padelecki gave him good advice to be choosier about roles, but it's sad that TMNT didn't turn out how he hoped.  I didn't see the movie, but thought he did a great job promoting it.

• Love 3

I seem to remember some reviews saying that SA was the best thing in the movie.j

I don't think it was a mistake to make the movie because it did get him recognition in the part of the industry that he was interested in being in (big movies as opposed to indie movies) but it's bad luck it was such a dud.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

30 DAYS OF NIGHT: SURVIVING WILL COST YOUR HUMANITY
Posted by Brandi Blahnik | Oct 19, 2017 |
http://www.audienceseverywhere.net/30-days-night-surviving-will-cost-humanity/

Revisiting director David Slade’s 30 Days of Night is an arresting experience. Ten years later, the violent terror wrought by writer Steve Niles’ vampires is still shocking and somewhat unexpected within a genre that proffered lusty, beautiful vampires for so many decades. ...
While other vampire films allow viewers to fantasize about how they’d spend eternity, 30 Days of Night questions how you will face an inevitable death. An array of examples of both heroism and cowardice exist in the film’s relentless 113 minutes. Beau Brower (Mark Boone Junior) is presented as the town misfit from the outset, choosing an isolated life over the close watch of Barrow’s community. After an initial clash with Sheriff Eben Oleson (Josh Hartnett), it’s clear Brower has settled in Barrow for the freedom it allows. Thus, his ultimate choice to control the means by which he dies—in an explosion of dynamite—is representative of a larger sense of rebellion. Even under threat of death, he defies the rules set for him. Deputy Billy Kitka (Manu Bennett) also attempts to control fate, but not his alone. A family man with three children, his primary concern is in limiting their suffering. After shooting each of his family members, he is unable to end his own life after his gun jams, and so is condemned to live with their bodies and the knowledge of his acts. In his quest to escape torment, he only serves to prolong it, and his outcome serves as a sharp contrast to Brower and Oleson’s unrelenting pursuit to protect his group of survivors.

Edited by tv echo
On 10/17/2017 at 2:55 PM, quarks said:

Well, first, he's known for action, so he'll have an easier time getting roles there.  Second, action roles typically pay more, which leads to third, most top grossing Hollywood stars are top grossing Hollywood stars because they do action films. Pattinson's also attached to a hugely successful franchise. Amell's tied to a cult show. 

If TMNT had been a big hit, we'd all be applauding him for making the right career move. 

He can do action roles. But, maybe he needs to branch out a little. We will see what work he does with Mi Madre, My Father. I actually want him to do well. 

• Love 1
On 10/17/2017 at 9:34 PM, calliope1975 said:

I think at the time it was a smart decision. The first TMNT did well at the box office. It's a known property. Casey Jones was an action role that was different enough from Oliver Queen/Green Arrow to offer something new, and TMNT had the makings of a decent franchise. Unfortunately, the sequel didn't pan out. The few reviews I read did say SA was one of the highlights of the movie, though. Those weeks of press after it had already tanked were sad to watch. 

I'd agree with this.  At the time TMNT2 was a huge "Get" for SA and had the potential to launch his movie career. If it had been a surprise hit like TMNT we'd be looking at S7 as the end of Arrow (now I'm betting he'll re-sign, he's not getting any roles from what I can see - no that Indy thing he filmed on weekends in Van doesn't count).

From the reviews I read/saw quite honestly he wasn't a huge success in the role. The reviewers that were Turtle fans were disappointed in Casey Jones or just overlooked his role to rant about everything wrong with TMNT2. Others mentioned him as being good and a few even said he was one of the highlights/bright spots but, for the most part Casey Jones/SA was just forgotten in reviews.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Hidden Agenda Review – This Party’s A Killer
By Will Borger | On 30th, Oct. 2017
https://gamingbolt.com/hidden-agenda-review

If you’re Sony, the answer seems to be to hire a talented studio to make games specifically for that platform. In this case, that studio is Supermassive Games, the team behind the excellent Until Dawn. Hidden Agenda is a natural extension of what Supermassive accomplished with that game, and a good example of what PlayLink is capable of.
Hidden-Agenda.jpg 
Hidden Agenda is best described as an extremely streamlined visual novel, and when I say streamlined, I mean cut down to the bone. The game is little more than an interactive film where you occasionally offer input to determine the flow of conversations and control what happens during action set pieces. Players take control of Detective Becky Marney (played by Katie Cassidy) and District Attorney Felicity Graves (Christy Choi) as they try to solve cases involving a serial killer known as The Trapper, who is notable for booby-trapping his victims in the hopes of maiming or killing first responders who arrive to help them. Your decisions and reactions will control the actions your characters take, how well the investigation goes, and who lives and who dies.

Once Upon a Time Casts Riverdale's Tiera Skovbye as [*Spoiler ]*'s Daughter
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 1 2017, 9:00 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/11/01/once-upon-a-time-season-7-tiera-skovbye-zelena-daughter-robin/

In addition to Riverdale, Skovbye’s TV credits include episodes of Dead of Summer (playing a younger Elizabeth Mitchell), Arrow (as Oliver and Thea’s friend Madison Danforth) and Supernatural. She recently wrapped filming on the indie thriller Summer of ’84.

Edited by tv echo

GH’S KATHLEEN GATI JOINS LADIES OF THE LAKE
October 31, 2017 11:32AM
https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ghs-kathleen-gati-joins-ladies-lake/

Kathleen Gati (Dr. Obrecht, GH) is joining the season 2 cast of LADIES OF THE LAKE, playing Margaret Cranston, the mother of Crystal Amhurst (Jessica Morris). Gati will appear in three of the four episodes in the second season, which begins filming late January. “I watched the first season of LADIES OF THE LAKE and thought it was a fantastic series!” enthused Gati in a statement. “And the last time I worked with Michael Caruso [executive producer/writer], on another fun project of his, WINTERTHORNE, the material was so incredible, I was nominated for an Emmy! I trust Michael and his enormous talent explicitly and can’t wait to be a part of his second season of LADIES OF THE LAKE!” Caruso added, “Margaret Cranston was a character from the original novel I had to remove to streamline the story, but the second season provides the perfect opportunity to bring her into the fold, and I can’t think of a better actress than Kathleen to bring her to life. When I began writing, I knew immediately that I had to have Kathleen’s extraordinary talent involved in the show. Kathleen’s fans can expect lots of fun zingers and a bold look that matches Margaret’s larger than life personality.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Was ME that evil on Lost?

I didn't watch Lost but thought he was at his absolute creepy evil worst (in a great way) as the quiet creepy accountant on The Practice.

Was he even scarier on Lost?

Took me ages to convince hubby to watch POI! 

Hubby: I refuse to watch that scary man play a good person! He can't be good!

Me: He's a total sweetheart on POI! 

I still can't believe that Arrow landed Michael Emerson. Then again, he has made niche choices before. And ultimately, I wonder how long his commitment will translate to onscreen. I hope they don't waste him! They've landed talented people before and have wasted them, so the fear is real.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kismet said:

I still can't believe that Arrow landed Michael Emerson. Then again, he has made niche choices before. And ultimately, I wonder how long his commitment will translate to onscreen. I hope they don't waste him! They've landed talented people before and have wasted them, so the fear is real.

Oh, are you watching Arrow again?

• Love 2
On 11/4/2017 at 5:10 PM, lemotomato said:

Oh, are you watching Arrow again?

Not yet, but I'm hearing promising things.... so I might binge it at some point. It's weird to wish/want good things for the show, but also want them to realize that they bungle a lot of the show's potential.

I'm still pretty angry with a lot of the writers' previous choices the past couple of years. My biggest fear is that we are too early in the season to know that the writers are not just going to pull the floor out from all of us. I can remember being a good or decent place with the show in early s3/4 and then they completely ruined a lot of core principles and aspects of the show for me. The season always looks promising at start it just hasn't finished well.

Anyone familiar with the upcoming movie starring EBR "Slumber"?  She mentions it in the recent interview with Vulkan (hot photos, too).  Looks like a horror movie?  Not familiar with the director, and trying not to be overly judgemental.  Clearly good horror movies can be made ("Get Out") and even fun horror movies are still made ("Happy Deathday", I have a teenager or I never would have seen that).  Hoping for good things for her.  Obviously her role in Brooklyn was a great find, but I like the idea of her starring in something.

http://www.vulkanmagazine.com/emily-bett-rickards/

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/darby-stanchfield-emily-bett-rickards-scandal-arrow-1201759860/

Darby Stanchfield, Emily Bett Rickards, and Meaghan Rath have been cast in “Slumber,” a psychological sci-fi thriller from Diablo Entertainment.

The story of a woman who must piece together her past and find her missing daughter after waking up from a coma is directed by Darrell Wheat (“Recovery”).  It’s being billed as a hybrid of “Jacob’s Ladder” and “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.”

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4865022/

It's not at all clear who is the lead from the write-ups, but IMDB suggests it's Emily. Still IMDB is user edited so who knows.

Edited by BkWurm1
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I assumed that it was Darby Stanchfield who is the woman and EBR playing the daughter but either way, it has potential.

Who knows, lol, but someone named Lulu Wilson was born in 2005.  

EBR might just be a supporting character.  Image from the set.

slumber-btss-emily-bett-rickards-3956961

Edited by BkWurm1

Josh has scored a pilot:

Blumhouse Drama 'Run for Your Life' Lands USA/Syfy Pilot Order

Josh Segarra ('Arrow') and Andrew Jacobs ('Paranormal Activity: Marked Ones' will star. If the supernatural thriller gets picked up to pilot, a network home would be determined at that time.

Jason Blum is expanding his relationship with Syfy and USA Network.

The NBCUniversal-owned cable networks, already working on Blum's The Purge TV series, have handed out a pilot order to supernatural thriller Run for Your Life, from the horror master.

The drama takes place on the last night of Dia de Los Muertos (otherwise known as the Day of the Dead) and follows a grieving detective who is thrust into a deadly game to bring someone back from the dead. Josh Segarra (Arrow) leads a cast that also includes Andrew Jacobs (Paranormal Activity: Marked Ones), Carlos Leal (The Last Ship), Danube Hermosillo (Everything, Everything), Angela Alvarado (Kingpin), Jennifer Landon (Animal Kingdom), Kadeem Hardison (K.C. Undercover) and Fernanda Andrade (The Devil Inside Me).

Run for Your Life is based on an idea from Lee Metzger (The Voice) and stems from his overall deal with Universal Television. Chris Cullari and Jennifer Raite (12 Deadly Days) will pen the script and co-executive produce. Patricia Riggen (The 33) will direct and co-executive produce the pilot. Blum, Jeremy Gold, Marci Wiseman and Jessica Rhoades executive produce for Blumhouse. The drama is a co-production between Universal Television and Blumhouse Television.

Run for Your Life marks the latest TV foray for Blum and his Blumhouse banner, which has a "micro-budget" pact with NBCU's Universal Cable Productions. Under the deal, Blumhouse also is readying a TV take on the company's successful The Purge franchise for USA and Syfy. The final home for that project, like Run for Your Life, will be determined after the pilot is filmed and network execs match it with the most appropriate network. Blumhouse is best known for its low-cost approach to high-quality films including Get Out, Whiplash and The Purge, among others.

For USA Network, Run for Your Life joins a pilot slate that also includes itsSuits spinoff as well as Olive Forever.Syfy's pilot roster includes its upcoming Tremors reboot starring Kevin Bacon and Deadly Class.

Source

• Love 3