Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

My gut instinct is to say this is probably more of a supporting role, but who knows how they'll write it. My guess is that this will probably shoot some time over the hiatus, so it won't mess with is Arrow filming. Not sure how contracts work regarding this type of thing, but given the fact that he's the lead on Arrow (I know that's debatable, but technically it's true), I doubt he'd be able to film a movie while Arrow S4 started filming.

Casey was my favourite character in TMNT. Now I'd have to see the movie...

Worse, now I'd have to see the previous movie to now what's going on, because I doubt my comic/cartoons knowledge would suffice.

My gut instinct is to say this is probably more of a supporting role, but who knows how they'll write it. My guess is that this will probably shoot some time over the hiatus, so it won't mess with is Arrow filming. Not sure how contracts work regarding this type of thing, but given the fact that he's the lead on Arrow (I know that's debatable, but technically it's true), I doubt he'd be able to film a movie while Arrow S4 started filming.

He could but only if the Writers/Producers/Network allowed him to miss Arrow filming for the movie.  However, I doubt this movie would interfere with Arrow filming, it's probably a hiatus project and probably a smallish role.  He might need to request some time off, if he has to go back for pick ups/reshoots (Jared was missing/light from one or two S4 SPN episodes to do reshoots for Friday the 13th, IIRC).  SA might also request time off from S5 shooting to do publicity for the TMNT2 movie in 2016 depending on when it's released (August again?).  Beyond that, I doubt he'd miss much of Arrow.

The movie is supposed to be about the Turtles, the last movie seemed to focus more on Megan Fox. I have no idea what they plan on doing with Casey. Knowing Michael Bay, Casey will only be kicking some ass, run from explosions, be shirtless and make out with Megan Fox. 

The movie is supposed to be about the Turtles, the last movie seemed to focus more on Megan Fox. I have no idea what they plan on doing with Casey. Knowing Michael Bay, Casey will only be kicking some ass, run from explosions, be shirtless and make out with Megan Fox. 

I think I can live with that...

Also, isn't Casey's trademark the mask, that covers his whole face?... SA can be easily used only for talking scenes in this case... although not putting his excellent physique to good use would be a mortal sin.

Also, isn't Casey's trademark the mask, that covers his whole face?... SA can be easily used only for talking scenes in this case... although not putting his excellent physique to good use would be a mortal sin.

I doubt they'd pass up the opportunity to use Amell's physical skills. And the last TMNT movie with Casey Jones had at least half his scenes without the mask.

• Love 1

Kevin Alejandro was on Grey's Anatomy tonight, playing a sweet, caring cop 180 degrees different than Sebastian Blood.  Good acting.

He was fantastic as a detective on Southland. It took me a while to realize he was Santos from Ugly Betty.

• Love 1

He was fantastic as a detective on Southland. It took me a while to realize he was Santos from Ugly Betty.

He was really good as Jesus in True Blood. I really like him on Arrow, he was the good blend of misguided and evil. Shame his story had to end.

• Love 1

I loved him as Santos from Ugly Betty. His earnestness at trying to bond with Justin was really sweet. I was quite sad when he died. His talents were totally wasted on Arrow.

• Love 2

There is an interesting article about SA's panel at Fan Expo Vancouver yesterday:

http://theworldgoespop.com/2015/04/04/fan-expo-vancouver-2015-stephen-amell-teases-arrow-season-3-and-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/

Among other things, SA talks a bit about his future role as Casey Jones in TMNT2:

“I get to play a vigilante on the big screen,” Stephen jokes the audience. He added with what he has seen and heard about this iteration of Casey Jones is that he will be similar to the Oliver Queen in older iterations of the comic books.

Since Stephen is doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 [he sees?] more movies in his future. "Doing a movie was important to me, as much as I love playing Oliver Queen, it was important for me to stretch out. I know I am playing another vigilante, you will have to trust me that Casey Jones is different than Oliver Queen but filming a feature film is different from filming a television show."

Stephen is excited to be working with Paramount, the studio releasing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 and director David Green, who is a big Turtles fan that sold him on the concept.

Stephen will begin shooting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 in Manhattan after attending Calgary Expo [april 18] and will be filming it during the summer and might be shooting both Arrow and Turtles for a bit.

Since SA is going to be shooting for the movie from april till july, august or even september (when Arrow is back to filming as well) it seems that this is going to be a bigger role WOW!!!

• Love 1

LOL who wrote this article?

There is no way CW would allow him to shoot outside hiatus.

My guess is they'll work around sa availability either in plot or shooting. There's no arrow without him, so he has the power. Plus tnmt2 may bring more people to arrow, so they're not gonna stop their actor from doing major film. Regardless of what people may think of tnmt film series it is a cash cow for studios. They could always borrow some sets/crew from the cw shows in Toronto which are close and move some of his scenes there. Or send skeleton crew to N.Y. & film random bits there. Arrow production has fair warning & time to make it work.

• Love 1

My guess is they'll work around sa availability either in plot or shooting. There's no arrow without him, so he has the power. Plus tnmt2 may bring more people to arrow, so they're not gonna stop their actor from doing major film. Regardless of what people may think of tnmt film series it is a cash cow for studios. They could always borrow some sets/crew from the cw shows in Toronto which are close and move some of his scenes there. Or send skeleton crew to N.Y. & film random bits there. Arrow production has fair warning & time to make it work.

Eh. I'm not so sure. I don't think SA is going to pull a power game over TNMT 2. I mean it's not like Star Wars or Star Trek or James Bond or something. 

(edited)

According to this article from a website in Spanish, there are rumors of having a Casey-Jones-spin-off movie after TMNT2:

http://www.elmulticine.com/noticias2.php?orden=461822

"Tras su llegada al reparto principal del actor Stephen Amell al reparto principal de 'Tortugas Ninja' en el papel de Casey Jones, ahora surge la posibilidad de que se genere un nuevo spinoff sobre su personaje. Un argumento que se generaría desde la trama de la secuela, 'Tortugas Ninja 2', actualmente en desarrollo con intención de estrenar en cines el 3 de junio de 2016."

Edited by Kordi
  • Love 1

English translation. (Via Google)

" After arrival in the main cast of actor Stephen Amell the main cast of ' Ninja Turtles ' in the role of Casey Jones, now raises the possibility that a new spinoff about his character is generated. An argument that would be generated from the frame the sequel, 'Tortugas Ninja 2', currently in development with intent to release in theaters on June 3 , 2016. "

Not the smoothest of translations but it seems to imply they are just speculating IMO.

• Love 1
(edited)

Includes video clips of the following Flash/Arrow actors singing - Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, John Barrowman, Colin Donnell, Andy Meintus (Pied Piper), Victor Garber, Colton Haynes, Katie Cassidy, Tom Cavanagh, Malese Jow, Wentworth Miller, and Emily Bett Rickards...

How Intense Would A Musical Flash/Arrow Crossover Be? We Have Proof
gordonmjackson  4/04/15 12:58pm
http://io9.com/how-intense-would-a-musical-flash-arrow-crossover-be-w-1695716750

We’ve noticed the Flash/Arrow universe contains a remarkable number of characters portrayed by professionally trained singers.

I knew about most of these, but I was surprised by CH and WM - they're really good!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

I actually never thought that was very good. Mostly overrated IMO.

Now a great musical episode of a TV Show IMO, The first Xena Musical episode (The Bitter Suite) that was brilliant.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

I still haven't seen anything close to the emotional honesty and intensity of OMWF, of all the musical episodes I've watched. Even despite the awful Spuffy kiss at the end that I barf at.

• Love 2

I still really really want a musical crossover spectacular. It just has to be done... I mean just about everyone on both casts have some degree of musical talent. How can we make this happen?

• Love 1

Find some new and genius writers willing to lend their time to write songs for this show? I can't imagine Guggenheim doing it well enough. Music talent is something a lot of actors have, actually - it's just that very few writers can do it well. I remember a lot of critics and fans hating on Grey's Anatomy musical episode, for example.

The one show on air that I think should do a music ep is Once Upon A Time - and they can just use Disney songs with slightly adjusted lyrics. Of course, the ineptitude of its writers rivals MG and AK (or even exceeds it).

I still really really want a musical crossover spectacular. It just has to be done... I mean just about everyone on both casts have some degree of musical talent. How can we make this happen?

Throw in Supergirl too, where you've got Melissa Benoist, Laura Benanti, and Jeremy Jordan. Probably others too, given these casting directors.

• Love 3

Not ideal, but they don't need to write original songs; the Fringe musical episode didn't. But with Carlos Valdes and Jesse L. Martin doing the music for their short film, original songs might not be out of realm of possibility.  :-)

I wish they would do a musical episode. Most of the cast are decent signers and those who aren't can be auto-tuned.

Not original songs, please.  It's hard enough to write a good story. 

I want Roy to sing "Easy to Love" to Thea.

• Love 1

Supernatural managed a truly great musical episode "Fan Fiction".  They worked it into the plot and it was glorious.  I just don't see how Arrow can pull it off because it would have to be a real one off or it would be IMO too silly in this universe

• Love 3

Supernatural managed a truly great musical episode "Fan Fiction".  They worked it into the plot and it was glorious.  I just don't see how Arrow can pull it off because it would have to be a real one off or it would be IMO too silly in this universe

Yes, I totally have to give Supernatural props, Fan Fiction is a damn near perfect musical episode.

• Love 3
The film that may well be actually called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Half Shell, this is the sequel to the commercially very successful 2014 reboot. This time, Jonathan Liebesman is passing the director's chair on to Earth To Echo's Dave Green. Megan Fox and Will Arnett are returning, whilst Arrow's Stephen Amell will be playing Casey Jones.

Don't bet against this being the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film to break the $500m mark at the global box office...

Looking ahead to the big blockbusters of summer 2016

9 Apr 2015 - 12:53

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/2016-movies/34897/looking-ahead-to-the-big-blockbusters-of-summer-2016

Jennifer Garner and “The Flash” star Robbie Amell have joined the cast of EuropaCorp’s “Nine Lives,” starring Kevin Spacey.

The film revolves around a workaholic businessman who has to figure out how to redeem himself after a terrible accident leaves him trapped in the body of his family’s cat.

Jennifer Garner and Robbie Amell Join Kevin Spacey in ‘Nine Lives’

APRIL 9, 2015 | 03:03PM PT

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/nine-lives-jennifer-garner-robbie-amell-cast-kevin-spacey-1201469766/

Edited by tv echo