Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

This is what I think: The Jack in the hospital bed is real Jack. The scenes with Victor and Paul and Cricket were definitely RealJack. He was reluctant to partner with Victor and he was vehement with Paul and Bug that he DID NOT sleep with Kelly. Plus he was more "Jack-like" -- kind of sweeter and polite. Then I think he was released. For some reason DG Jack was at the hospital when Ashley came -- and he had that detached demeanour of the guy who slept with Kelly. Real Jack was on his way home where we see him later in a suit.  The suit was heavy handed IMO. Jack has been in hospital before and when he comes home he comes like a semi-normal person -- NOT in a suit AND TIE. Even a tie-free suit I'd buy. So I'm taking the big clue from the show on that one. lol.

I know. At one point I FFd. I couldn't TAKE it. He did mention his "bartender dying" but you're right about MY DAD. That's all (no mention of MOM or, you know, the woman sitting across from him who was also trapped). Didn't mention Jack who almost died. He's such a moron.

Thanks for hearing that. I stand corrected. Doesn't changed my opinion of Nick though. LOL

Oh my god. I hadn't gotten that far in my speculation ... but.. taking it to its logical historical conclusion..

Would the character of Victor still be viable if he managed to get away with something like that for any extended period of time? Not that I care. I'd welcome it as his swan song.

IMO Victor hasn't been a viable character for about a decade. He should already be in prison for some of his other crimes not free to run around town mindfucking with people for entertainment.

• Love 7

IMO Victor hasn't been a viable character for about a decade.

JMHO, but I think TPTB would drop him like a hot rock if they could find another actor with enough charisma to play a villain that is as powerful, as humorous (when he wants to be) and quite frankly as rootable as TGVN.  Maybe this belongs in UO, but I always tell people that I like Victor because I hate everyone else in GC.  I think they have tried, Tucker and others come to mind but they just can't find anyone to pull it off the way EB does.  And when he is finally gone, this show will be as flat as yesterday's beer.

/Not in the face, guys.

• Love 6

Oh I'm not going to throw anything at you! There has to be some mature actor out there who could do it. Wouldn't bother this fan one bit. I fucking HATE Victor. I haven't always but the last several years he has become such a cartoon shadow of his former self that he repels me.

• Love 3

Oh I'm not going to throw anything at you! There has to be some mature actor out there who could do it. Wouldn't bother this fan one bit. I fucking HATE Victor. I haven't always but the last several years he has become such a cartoon shadow of his former self that he repels me.

Oh, I totally agree.  And I also agree he hasn't been up to his former self these last years.  But until they find someone who is as good as EB was in his prime, the show it's self will be a shadow.  Lets think about this.  Let us pretend for a moment that we don't have to worry about budget constraints or even reality, who would we, the viewers, want?  I'll start: Viggo Mortensen.

• Love 4

This - a thousand times - printed on flyers and distributed over the USA and Canada.  I would think there are at least 200 people who could replace him and make thousands of people happier in an instant.  My hatred is reserved for Victor, but I also dislike this actor . Exactly like Summer, and Hunter King - hate the character, and dislike the actress.  

Edited by movinon
  • Love 6

EB has a commanding presence, there's no question. He really shows it in his scenes with Kelly I think on Friday's Cdn. It's also obvious to me he pretty much plays himself. lol. (Based on that interview and others.) 

I just wish the show would decide either to make him Stefano Dimera bad (and NOT having his family fawn over him constantly) or not have him do such heinous shit. 

I think the way to save this Jack doppelgänger story from getting out of hand will be that Victor will use FakeJack just to get some business advantage but somehow Kelly's lunacy (and possibly Adam's involvement) will turn things bad fast. 

• Love 3

Oh my god. I hadn't gotten that far in my speculation ... but.. taking it to its logical historical conclusion..

Would the character of Victor still be viable if he managed to get away with something like that for any extended period of time? Not that I care. I'd welcome it as his swan song.

He can get away with it by making Kelly the fall guy, just like he ended up doing with Patty, and Sharon for that matter.

• Love 6

He should already be in prison for some of his other crimes not free to run around town mindfucking with people for entertainment.

Pretty much every adult character should be in jail.. I sure don't want to see any of them in jail for any length of time.. 

Exactly like Summer, and Hunter King - hate the character, and dislike the actress.

LMAO I like them both and I think it is because of how much hate they get here. 

• Love 1

Maybe he'd slip RealJack back in to replace the Doppelgänger once Jack is deemed certifiable. No one would believe Jack that he's been held captive etc.

But ultimately Victor has to be found out. Jack isn't going to stay in Fairview (or as a Doppelgänger).

I suppose if anyone can be "forgiven" this, it's Victor. <eye roll>. He'll probably say he did it because Jack was hiding Adam and everyone will blame Jack.

Frankly, as I was mulling over my earlier post, I actually did see the logic from Rasputin's POV. His scheme would get Jack removed in a straitjacket, along with Kelly probably, and he gets to insert his Jack doppelganger at Jabot to ruin the company or do whatever his reptilian mind has concocted. Yeah. It sounds like something they'd have this version of Victor do. So much for Pratt calling Lucci a liar about "not caring about [the history] of long-time characters". Of course, he wouldn't get away with it forever, but I'm sure the old fossil would just let the public outcry and accusations roll off his back like water on a duck's back. Once again, I'm very sure, there'd be no long term consequence for Herr Braeden..., er Newman.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 4

I don't hate Victor, I hate that he never pays for any of the crap he pulls. And not only doesn't pay but usually gets rewarded for it. I think Victor needs to be around because EB/Victor is (like it or not) a big part of Y&R. However, I agree the character has become a cartoon and needs to be written so that even though he is an egomaniac, he still has to pay the consequences of his actions. And long term consequences, not the usual five minutes that his family/victims are mad at him before they're back to giving him tongue baths and thinking he can do no wrong.

• Love 9

So...the Jack doppelganger, aka Jerk, had sex with Kelly in the cootie closet, and Kelly very much thought it was real Jack. What is the legal term for that? Oh yeah - rapey. And Victor facilitated it, as he facilitated Billy's spermjacking by Chelsea. Who among us can invent a cannon capable of launching this character into the fiery heart of the sun?

• Love 4

So...the Jack doppelganger, aka Jerk, had sex with Kelly in the cootie closet, and Kelly very much thought it was real Jack. What is the legal term for that? Oh yeah - rapey. And Victor facilitated it, as he facilitated Billy's spermjacking by Chelsea. Who among us can invent a cannon capable of launching this character into the fiery heart of the sun?

I used to like Victor when he was involved in the business world and worried less about his children and grand kid's lives.It was fun to watch him take on Jack and all the other business rivals and I always liked his coming out on top because of his street smarts and business savvy. I always felt he was ruthless but not too evil and that he loved his family and would never do anything to hurt them.Then they made him turn on his family and plot and plan how to ruin their lives.They made him so evil that I just can't stand him anymore and really could not care less what happens to him.He has messed with so many people's lives and never gives them a second thought or feels any remorse.Now he is just a bitter old evil bastard.

• Love 8

Ian called - he said after reading the last few posts that he's had some regrets and if only he could find someone to sponsor his pardon, he'd like to be considered as TGVN's eventual replacement. Just think of the possibilities!

• Love 14

Ian called - he said after reading the last few posts that he's had some regrets and if only he could find someone to sponsor his pardon, he'd like to be considered as TGVN's eventual replacement. Just think of the possibilities!

Ya know, I actually considered him, but as much as I love Ray Wise he just doesn't have the va va voom required in the job description for being the new Prime Victor from back in the day that we are looking for.  Best of luck with his future endeavors, though.

• Love 2
(edited)

I would be happy to watch Ian replace Victor, since he's ten times as smart.  Admittedly, he would look funny with Nikki, but I would bet he could straighten Nick's sorry ass out pretty quick.  He's just so much better looking, it would be a jarring replacement.  Ray Wise probably couldn't play the Victor that people could tolerate from back in Bill Bell's day, but neither can Eric Braeden.  lol

Edited by movinon
  • Love 5

So very true...

Victor used to be a very strong and ruthless business man who had some redeeming qualities and was mostly fair to a certain degree. He used to be a deeply compassionate character where his family was concerned but now spends most of his time trying to manipulate all their lives. He has morphed into a one note controlling demagogue.

• Love 4

Victor used to be a very strong and ruthless business man who had some redeeming qualities and was mostly fair to a certain degree. He used to be a deeply compassionate character where his family was concerned but now spends most of his time trying to manipulate all their lives. He has morphed into a one note controlling demagogue.

He always repulsed me, right from when he locked Michael(?) in the basement and emotionally abused Julia.  And when he Svengali'ed Drinki.  But he was must watch TV back then, not anymore for me.

• Love 4
(edited)

Brava/Bravo. I'm in complete agreement, and frankly, I don't really think they tried to "replace" Braeden at all. I don't believe for a second that SN (and the white haired guy who portrayed him previously for a NY minute) were viewed by MAB/PR as a replacement actor/character either. I do believe Sony wanted to jettison EB though. From everything I've read, it was the CBS network who intervened. EB's been pretty vocal about being a "friend" of Les Moonves, but I'd bet that extends no further than to exchange a nod of recognition between each other at a cocktail party from time-to-time. I think the notion that he's irreplaceable has been taken much too far in EB's mind and in those of some viewers, frankly. It conflates his value to the franchise, so to speak to a level that it doesn't deserve, especially not these days. And, if Rasputin has really concocted some sort of doppelganger to drive Jack into a psych ward, then replace him with the lookalike to whatever twisted, diabolical plot he's got thickening on his back burner, that's hardly  a "star turn", is it?

I think it'd be very interesting to see Pratt open up some of the old video vaults and show a few of the more memorable snippets from Rasputin's first marriage. The ones featuring the unfortunate Michael Scott being given his evening meal of boiled rats, followed by the evening's entertainment: a live video streaming Rasputin defiling his childe bride all for her imprisoned lover's viewing enjoyment, courtesy of Rasputin himself. Ah, good times. Good times. Wonder what all the viewers who have so steadfastly remained loyally in Victor Rasputin's camp would think watching these golden oldies where the original recipe Victor is shown to have been more in the vein of Hannibal Lecter than the sniggering, arrogant, curmudgeon he's become today. The fact that Bill Bell himself winced when reminded of this early turn of the character reflected a hell of a lot more conflict than the totally un-self aware actor has ever demonstrated and the purported hordes of "Victor fans", some who weren't even born then, and many more of whom were too young to have even watched the early episodes featuring their hero, let alone say they remember them with fondness.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 6

The original recipe VN WAS interesting, in an awful way. Truly evil, no visible redeeming traits. If they could just admit that, without trying to veil it with "everything I do, I do for family", well then maybe I could generate a little interest. This crock of crap they've been pushing around for the past 20 odd years has not aged like fine wine; it's just crap. What happens to crap when it gets old enough? It turns into nice, dark earth. Get enough of it and the current recipe VN will be buried under it. We only have to wait. Will any of us live that long? One can only hope.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think the notion that he's irreplaceable has been taken much too far in EB's mind and in those of some viewers, frankly. It conflates his value to the franchise, so to speak to a level that it doesn't deserve, especially not these days.

TMS, you see this clearer than most people.  Nobody is irreplaceable, and certainly not old prune-face.  The first years EB was on this show have probably never been seen by most of the people who say he "IS" Y&R - If that story was Y&R, it would have never been the number one soap.  I have to say they seem to possibly be headed toward a similar story with the Jack and Phyllis thing, and I truly believe it will finish the soap, if they do.  You can't take pure evil and make it the entire premise of a soap that involves many talented actors, who are playing believable characters.  I do believe the man has some talent but his ego is his worst enemy.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 1

The original recipe VN WAS interesting, in an awful way. Truly evil, no visible redeeming traits. If they could just admit that, without trying to veil it with "everything I do, I do for family", well then maybe I could generate a little interest. This crock of crap they've been pushing around for the past 20 odd years has not aged like fine wine; it's just crap. What happens to crap when it gets old enough? It turns into nice, dark earth. Get enough of it and the current recipe VN will be buried under it. We only have to wait. Will any of us live that long? One can only hope.

Bubba - you always cut straight through the crap.  I agree with you, and believe that we will have this man on the show until he "is no more".  I fear I will not live long enough to see it, but maybe some of you will.

Yes, cripes. That is some horrid shit. And if DG Jack ends up bedding Phyllis. eek.

But, you know, I'm still not ruling out DID. Jack having that bandage on his head when he was all weird talking to Ashley threw me a bit. I don't get why DG Jack would be at the hospital right at the time Jack was checking out AND would have that bandage on his head. Plus when he is seen at home later he's adjusting his sleeves a bit (as though he just put the jacket on). And the bandage is gone. Additionally, he knows Adam so he's the real deal.

hmmm?

It's possible Victor somehow has tapped into some shit with Jack going "off." I suppose if I can accept he can find a clone somewhere on this earth than I can believe he can suss out mental illness and use it to his advantage. Victor always seems to have spies everywhere. 

• Love 2

The original recipe VN WAS interesting, in an awful way. Truly evil, no visible redeeming traits. If they could just admit that, without trying to veil it with "everything I do, I do for family", well then maybe I could generate a little interest.

This is what burns my toast-everything is ok if it is for family.  (See Cane's and Hillary's excuses).  Not one time since Victurd walked in on Nikki clutching a bottle of wodka and slamming down a shot that would kill a horse has he thought about her.  He has time to meet a fake priest in a fake confessional in a fake chapel, play Bucket List with Jack, hunt down a damn doctor to sign him out but not once does he check on Nikki and not even a call to his kids!  Yeah, a real family man.  I vote for making him Pure Evil. Makes more sense.

• Love 4

Well I'll be damned. How dare you peasants talk about TGVN like this. Do you know who he is? He's Victor Newman and he'll do as he damn well pleases. EVERYTHINGHEDOESISFORHISFAMILY, K? 

You're right, LP.  He is the great and powerful OZ.  Every time I see him posturing about, smirking and strutting, I always think about Dorothy finding that silly little man behind the curtain in that show.  Everything he does is for his fam-i-lee, and I'm glad he's doing it to (sorry, for) them instead of us.  lol

• Love 3

I have to say they seem to possibly be headed toward a similar story with the Jack and Phyllis thing, and I truly believe it will finish the soap, if they do.

It does look that way doesn't it? But I'd venture to say that it probably wouldn't "finish the soap", but it might have a similar effect on He Who Is Self-Attributed As Irreplaceable. There are certain storylines (deliberately created IMO) that almost guarantee an expiration stamp for their portrayer. In this case, if the storyline does roll out with some strikingly similar parallels to the original "Victor Imprisons His Wife's Lover in the Basement" it will have taken the character back to his starting point - one which Bill Bell himself wasn't planning on continuing, and did so with reluctance at the time. The difference today, well there's more than one big difference really, is first off Bell's not here to write the character out of the corner he had painted him into. The second difference is simply that the actor who people loved to hate is now really just the character that most viewers have come to hate. The character was given a delicious life by the actor at the time who was dashing and charismatic. Today the character's schtick, along with his portrayer, have grown tired and disgusting. Monotony is boring and what's more boring than watching Victor win over and over even when he's doing things that would get others characters sent to dock and written off the show.

I don't see a storyline going that direction having the power to cancel Y&R's ticket, but it might get EB's ticket punched, and it'd be an ironic twist if it was essentially the same retweaked storyline that ushered the character onto the canvas that ushers him out.

• Love 6
(edited)

Nikki is taking a drunk Kneel to a meeting and he doesn't want to go so he grabs the steering wheel and, BLAMMO, Cricket is squished like a bug.

Edited: well, I dream that she's squished like a bug. What they show is the headlights from Nikki's car zooming in on Cricket as she stands with a helpless look on her face (she had stormed out of Paulie Tightpockets' office in a huff).

Edited by catalogrrr
  • Love 7

I'm assuming Nikki will take the blame because she seemed sober. Neil probably won't remember anything until later. Hard to tell. I think it's a good twist. I expected Drunki to kill the unborn child of Cricket, so this was a surprise. 

But it means no more drunk talks between Neil and Nikki. :(

Cricket was blathering like a JEALOUS MORON before storming onto the street I must say. My she's an idiot. Glad she was silenced. 

Summer cried some more and the young people comforted her. Looks like tomorrow is the memorial so everyone else will comfort her. This is riveting story.

Why are these morons on every day????????? 

• Love 7
(edited)

Thanks, miamama, for filling in the gaps that my narcotic-strength cough syrup-addled brain forgot or omitted.

Edited to add: Scabby Abby cries just like Dumber Summer. No tears, lots of boo-hooing.

Edited by catalogrrr
  • Love 6
(edited)

Thanks, miamama, for filling in the gaps that my narcotic-strength cough syrup-addled brain forgot or omitted.

Mmmmm....I'll bet the show is much more fun with some of that stuff. lol. But seriously I hope it's helping you feel better. I had the flu (followed by a series of colds) two winters ago and I cannot believe how much it knocked me down. Quite depressing actually.

Edited to add: Scabby Abby cries just like Dumber Summer. No tears, lots of boo-hooing.

The acting among this gang. My god. The only thing keeping them afloat is Mariah and Kevin. I can see why over the years the younger actors have big scenes with more established actors because sticking them all together in scene after scene after scene is dreadful. I'm really on the fence with nuKyle and his sort of whisper thing too. I want to love him because, well, he looks like baby Jack. But he's not won me over. And his raison d'être being to protect HIS GREAT LOVE (of two dates) Special Snowflake Summer is just plain idiotic. Edited by miamama
  • Love 11

Pregnant Cricket is a magnet for runaway cars. The universe is trying to send a message: a Cockroach/Paulie Tightpockets baby is just not meant to be.

Yes, that is quite the stretch, the way Drinki (sober) managed to take out Cricket in the parking lot (having said that, my own cousin was critically injured while sitting in the chair at a hair salon which was hit by an out of control senior driver).  The preview shows her running toward the scene, after she managed to park her car?

The whole Drinki tricking Neil to take him to an AA meeting was quite insulting especially coming from a fellow AA member.  Neil has to decide when he is ready to address his issues.  So I blame Drinki for everything.

Wow, this torrid affair that Abby was having with Austin, now that was a twist we didn't see coming and and I guess neither did Show, since they are now revealing all kinds of scenes between them that we never saw.  And Kyle found about it and has been shadowing them?  Hmm...  Who knew the Abbott cabin was a hotbed of sex and intrigue?

I have to say I still enjoy Neil lambasting Devon.  It gives me so much pleasure, and I detest Neil.  But it looks so good on Devon.  Even Lily is being pretty nasty to Devon.  I love how Devon didn't think that Neil would be this upset with him and say all those hurtful things to him!

I know we all hate Cricket, but I have to say that Paul was being a complete jerk to her.  He is going to feel very very bad about all that in about five minutes.  In the previews he is blaming Pricktor, which, even if Drinki was drunk (she was not) it would still not be Pricktor's fault if she drove drunk.   I hate to say this as there are many many things we can blame Pricktor for, but not this one.

• Love 7

I loved Neil ripping into his NOT SON anymore. Devon is a pathetic loser and I hope his poor little ugly heart is hurting. After all the speculation that Nikki was drunk I was glad to see that it was Neil's fault and that she was not drunk.  I blame Neil for grabbing the wheel.. this is not on Nikki. I am just hopeful that That ICKY Bug loses her little blueberry.. I am sure she can find a way to blame Phyllis.. her sick obsession usually blames Phyllis for everything.  And no Sharon.. how awesome is that.

• Love 3
Let us pretend for a moment that we don't have to worry about budget constraints or even reality, who would we, the viewers, want?

For me, it would be Gary Cole. He can do it all, but his Lucas Buck was fannnnntastic!

• Love 2

All these people eulogizing Austin like he's a legacy character. GMAFB! Honestly, they are spending more time on this funeral than they did on Katherine's!

Summer's lacy black dress that barely covers her ass was so inappropriate. At least someone thought to put some tears on her face.

LOTD goes to Paulie Tightpockets (I can't believe I just wrote that): "Go to hell, Victor!"

Paulie is absurd, leaping to all kinds of conclusions about Nikki. He really is the worst police chief ever.

Bye-bye Cricket's baby.

Lawyer Boobalicious' pink lipstick still looks cheap. I don't know what expression she was trying to convey at the funeral but it looked to me like she was smirking.

Summer suddently remembers that Abby slept with Austin. "You swlept wif my husband!"

• Love 10

Okay, this is quite the magical car accident.  Drinki is supposedly driving on a road, Neil wrenches the steering wheel, and Drinki's car goes out of control and then must jump a curb, a sidewalk and hurl into a parking lot hitting Christine who is standing beside her parked car....BUT, after the impact Drinki and Neil are like--what was that, oh, we hit someone?   And Drinki's car is parked tidily in the parking lot.  How do you have a crash that is so out of control and end up parked properly in the next stall?

Paul lashes out at Pricktor for Drinki being drunk and causing the accident.  Why? Because apparently she is protecting Neil.  Neil was hilarious--I didn't see her when I grabbed the wheel!  As if that should matter.  Neil did tell Kevin that Drinki was sober.  And Drinki intends to continue to protect Neil, because I guess he will be up against some big charges (I am sure there is a charge, not sure what it is).  Paul had that squealy voice, and his nose was red when he was yelling at Pricktor.  (DD forgot his lines but recovered well).  Drinki gets a breathalyzer test.  Pricktor shows up at the police station, being supportive and Big Daddy'ish.  Drinki blames something in the road for causing the accident.

Christine looks like hell in the hospital bed.  Paul is feeling very very guilty and bad.  Toldja, Paul.  And of course the baby is dead.  It looks like Neil will lie and say he was driving, since the accident really was his fault.  Or he will lie and not say he caused the accident. Not sure why they can't just tell the truth.  In the previews, Christine learns Drinki was involved but I couldn't quite hear if Neil said he was driving or Drinki was.

That injury Jack suffered has made him stupider than ever, he had the opportunity to see who Pricktor was colluding with in the confessional and he just walked away cause he got a phone call!  He had to rush to Dummer's side to help her.

I had to FF through all of the Dummer blubbering scenes.  A bunch of flashbacks showed conflict between Kyle and Austin.  Kyle and Abby acknowledged that they were close but they aren't anymore.  Noah and Kyle are confrontational.  Kevin finds out the blood on the towel is Kyle's, but flashbacks showed us that it was unrelated to the cabin.  All the Scoobies now think that Kyle is the murderer.  I am actually liking Nu-Kyle, a lot.

Austin apparently had no friends or relatives at all.  Even Joe didn't show up.  During the service Dummer starts having flashbacks to what happened in the cabin.  She sees Abby and Austin arguing.  While she is delivering something that doubles for a eulogy, she remembers and right there and then accuses Abby of sleeping with Austin.  In the previews, Abby is running out of the church and Nick says, how could you do this, you are family!  Also in the previews Paul lashes out at Pricktor and Drinki and tells them that Chris lost the baby.

Hey, I wonder if Phyllis will feel bad that Christine got mowed down by another car driven by someone else she hates.

All these people eulogizing Austin like he's a legacy character. GMAFB! Honestly, they are spending more time on this funeral than they did on Katherine's!

Summer's lacy black dress that barely covers her ass was so inappropriate. At least someone thought to put some tears on her face.

LOTD goes to Paulie Tightpockets (I can't believe I just wrote that): "Go to hell, Victor!"

Paulie is absurd, leaping to all kinds of conclusions about Nikki. He really is the worst police chief ever.

Bye-bye Cricket's baby.

Lawyer Boobalicious' pink lipstick still looks cheap. I don't know what expression she was trying to convey at the funeral but it looked to me like she was smirking.

Summer suddently remembers that Abby slept with Austin. "You swlept wif my husband!"

I was fascinated by Avery's expression too, but it looked like gas or incredulity to me.

• Love 10
(edited)

Summer suddenly remembers that Abby slept with Austin. "You swlept wif my husband!"

I love this, catalogrrr.....so sounds like Summer.  "snicker"

Paul had that squealy voice, and his nose was red when he was yelling at Pricktor.

Great recap, bannana.  Love Paulie's squealy voice.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 5