Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, bannana said:

Wait, what?  Did Jack win?

yeah saw a recap. He won and she quit and told him they are done forever.

I really hope she means it. Especially because you know she's going to work for Victor. The man responsible for kidnapping, torturing and shooting Jack a mere few years ago. That horrible horrible Jack. 

RME

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I love Jack. Even when he hated attacking Ashley( which I loved btw) .she's always been stuck up. Jack OTOH is the best actor on that show. Heck, even Victor is jealous of him :)

Yup.  X 10.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, miamama said:

yeah saw a recap. He won and she quit and told him they are done forever.

I really hope she means it. Especially because you know she's going to work for Victor. The man responsible for kidnapping, torturing and shooting Jack a mere few years ago. That horrible horrible Jack. 

RME

I am glad he won, because this entire effort on her part was ill-advised, and, from a governance perspective, illegal.  Although, we heard yesterday that Jack did the same thing, got the "requisite number of votes" to change the bylaws.  That actually cannot happen, nor can what Ash did twice, to call Board meetings to exclude Jack and vote on things.

I do think it is a bit disingenuous for Ash to lose and quit.  What did she think was going to happen when she went after him?  Let's say he lost, would he work for her?  She created a no win situation.  Plus, the way it was all linked into Dina's situation made it worse.  At first she acted like she was doing him a solid to fill in for him on an interim basis while he took care of Dina.  She quickly moved to trashing him to his staff and undermining him.  And then she brought up years ago corporate decisions Jack made to try to bring him down.  So Jack, being threatened, tried to regain control.  This is the result.

This is not the first time this happened though, right?  I seem to remember a time where Jack was a complete prick to Ash and there was some to and fro over the CEO position.  And I thought he wrong there, but this time, I think she is wrong.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Is ED headed back to Days? I thought I read somewhere that she is, but it might have already happened.

I think that's done with, at least for now.

13 hours ago, bannana said:

I am glad he won, because this entire effort on her part was ill-advised, and, from a governance perspective, illegal.  Although, we heard yesterday that Jack did the same thing, got the "requisite number of votes" to change the bylaws.  That actually cannot happen, nor can what Ash did twice, to call Board meetings to exclude Jack and vote on things.

I do think it is a bit disingenuous for Ash to lose and quit.  What did she think was going to happen when she went after him?  Let's say he lost, would he work for her?  She created a no win situation.  Plus, the way it was all linked into Dina's situation made it worse.  At first she acted like she was doing him a solid to fill in for him on an interim basis while he took care of Dina.  She quickly moved to trashing him to his staff and undermining him.  And then she brought up years ago corporate decisions Jack made to try to bring him down.  So Jack, being threatened, tried to regain control.  This is the result.

This is not the first time this happened though, right?  I seem to remember a time where Jack was a complete prick to Ash and there was some to and fro over the CEO position.  And I thought he wrong there, but this time, I think she is wrong.

I was thinking the same about Ashley quitting. Like she's "done with him" because she lost? Because if this is a matter of principle then she should have been "done with him" before taking it this far. What was the plan if she won? Was she going to kick his ass to the curb and out of Jabot forever? Or she is only principled when she's on the losing end?

God this writing is nuts.

I also remember a fight they had when Jack was in a wheelchair. It had to do with Beauty of Nature (gah typing that hurts). But I think even then Ashley was in the wrong. She went to the board first to have him ousted because she disagreed with his trying to acquire B&A. Then he pushed her out of the company (I believe). And she cried victim and foul and it was the way show wrote her off (when MAB fired her, lmao). So basically Ashley tries to have Jack OUSTED every time he does something with Jabot with which she does not agree. It's possible I'm misremembering of course but that is how I recall it.

2 hours ago, boes said:

I think that's done with, at least for now.

Also Days has a funny schedule. I think they tape 6 months in advance or something crazy like that.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 8

i read todays cdn recaps...

LOL nick decides to paint the bathroom and opens a duct vent and finds a shitload of money.....i guess later he tells/asks chelz if adam did it cause in a spoiler for tues. us eppy chelz defends adam....i think it was probably her grifter mom who put it there.

oh, and at the end of the episode, billy and phyl wonder if they should have a baby....had to roll my eyes at that one...

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

oh, and at the end of the episode, billy and phyl wonder if they should have a baby....had to roll my eyes at that one...

This actually doesn't surprise me. They're just fanfic. So of course menopausal infertile grandma Phyllis is talking about having a baby. 

• Love 14
42 minutes ago, miamama said:

This actually doesn't surprise me. They're just fanfic. So of course menopausal infertile grandma Phyllis is talking about having a baby. 

It also shows Mal really has no clue what to do with them. None.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It also shows Mal really has no clue what to do with them. None.

So true. His plan to make them the romcom master class of daytime is kind of a dead end on an open-ended soap opera.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, miamama said:

Well, US Senator Tammy Duckworth just announced that she is pregnant at 49! ? 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Well, US Senator Tammy Duckworth just announced that she is pregnant at 49! ? 

It's actually more that Phyllis and Jack tried forever to get pregnant and she had all these fertility issues. Summer was her MIRACLE. Then that nonsense happened when she miscarried (remember that really LOUD miscarriage?).

So age aside, it's part of her character's history that she simply can't get pregnant. And now she's a lot older. So it's just silly. Not to mention Billy has so damn many kids. But Mal doesn't care. This is Gina and Jason. And they're hot.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, miamama said:

It's actually more that Phyllis and Jack tried forever to get pregnant and she had all these fertility issues. Summer was her MIRACLE. Then that nonsense happened when she miscarried (remember that really LOUD miscarriage?).

So age aside, it's part of her character's history that she simply can't get pregnant. And now she's a lot older. So it's just silly. Not to mention Billy has so damn many kids. But Mal doesn't care. This is Gina and Jason. And they're hot.

I was going to bring all that up, too (we have the same Y&R mind), but I stopped myself because I know it doesn't even matter. Mal does not follow character history, pairing history, show history, anything history. It's all for GT and JT. Can you imagine their shenanigans with a newborn!? Awwwwww!!

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I was going to bring all that up, too (we have the same Y&R mind), but I stopped myself because I know it doesn't even matter. Mal does not follow character history, pairing history, show history, anything history. It's all for GT and JT. Can you imagine their shenanigans with a newborn!? Awwwwww!!

Right? So funny and full of hijinks. And the baby will be GORGEOUS. The most GORGEOUS human who has ever lived. In fact, maybe Gison will actually procreate because Philly fans.

I love too how we also pretend Gina Tognoni isn't 44. lmao.

I'm old enough (and so is Gina!) to remember when soaps left the having babies stories to the 20something and 30something set.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, NeverLate said:

So JT has a bad heart, I wonder where that storyline will go.

My personal favorite would be Traci demanding Colleen's heart back from the Cryptkeeper and having it replanted in JT.

• Love 15
Just now, MollyB said:

My personal favorite would be Traci demanding Colleen's heart back from the Cryptkeeper and having it replanted in JT.

lol. Perfect!!!

I wonder where this story goes too. Apparently JT was supposed to be a wife beater but Mal had to scrap that story because of fan blowback (after the spoiler was leaked). So whatever is coming is a last-minute rewrite. So it should be considerably worse than everything else Mal is writing.

yikes.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, miamama said:

here's hoping they decide not to......

however, mal may decide it's just the best thing evah for phyl and buttbiscuit to procreate...

granny will give birth to buttbiscuit 2.o

• Love 5
17 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

Oh, for God's sake. The stupidity, it burns.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i read todays cdn recaps...

LOL nick decides to paint the bathroom and opens a duct vent and finds a shitload of money.....i guess later he tells/asks chelz if adam did it cause in a spoiler for tues. us eppy chelz defends adam....i think it was probably her grifter mom who put it there.

Hey! Fifty is the new 30. KMN.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

here's hoping they decide not to......

however, mal may decide it's just the best thing evah for phyl and buttbiscuit to procreate...

granny will give birth to buttbiscuit 2.o

And perhaps she can give birth [again] in an elevator, while "The Circle of Life" plays.

• Love 11

Oh, and speaking of Cane--which is not something I like to do--but I always post more when I'm trying to avoid marking...

I think we were all supposed to feel for the grasping, insignificant creep when Lily fibbed about being with Victoria. Not I, said the bear. Suck it up, Cane. That's pretty lightweight by comparison...just saying. And while I'm at it, is MY one of the worst male-apologists ever?

• Love 9
22 hours ago, pearlite said:

Oh, and speaking of Cane--which is not something I like to do--but I always post more when I'm trying to avoid marking...

I think we were all supposed to feel for the grasping, insignificant creep when Lily fibbed about being with Victoria. Not I, said the bear. Suck it up, Cane. That's pretty lightweight by comparison...just saying. And while I'm at it, is MY one of the worst male-apologists ever?

Is Lily staying away from the baby or him, or both? 

• Love 5

Sounds like Show is making my dreams come true.  Queen Pricktoria versus Her Royal Bitch Assley.  Except, it is all Pricktor's machinations, and like the foolish women they are, they fall right into his plans.  Sad!

• Love 9
On 1/27/2018 at 8:32 AM, jewel21 said:

Oh, for God's sake. The stupidity, it burns.

You'd think Phyllis would have tied that burning sensation to Der ButtBiscuit by now.  He's such a drip, and in so many ways.

• Love 7

I hate how they( or Victor) have made princess Ashley  in charge of Brass and Sassy. I'm not keen on Victoria,but that's always been her baby.

The money Nick found is just weird, bring Adam back! Yesterday was terribly blah...again.!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, NeverLate said:

I hate how they( or Victor) have made princess Ashley  in charge of Brass and Sassy. I'm not keen on Victoria,but that's always been her baby.

It's so gross the way Victor fucks with his children constantly. 

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

That extension hair piece is so so obvious on Ashley!  LOL. I am glad she lost the long hair look though, hope she keeps it shorter....could Mariah’s be any bigger?!

I don't think that's intentional. Her hair is thick and wavy, as is mine. That's what it looks like when I grow it out.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't think that's intentional. Her hair is thick and wavy, as is mine. That's what it looks like when I grow it out.

It looks like a separate layer at the back like an extension and is a darker color too....she was rocking a nice page boy not long ago....my bet is on the extensions!  Time will tell I guess if she goes long again all of a sudden....

• Love 2
20 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Is she? Do tell!

You probably have seen it today, Drinki has negotiations with the General Contractor over a steak dinner and a bottle of wine at the GCAC.  She then checks herself in and returns to the table with her room key, and invites him upstairs.  He obliges, and Phyllis sees them go upstairs.

• Love 6

Chelz' grifting skills are rusty.  She suspiciously doesn't want do any PR around the theft, nor does she want to go to the cops.  She convinces Lauren to do neither.  Then later she tells Nick that she wanted to go after the thief but Lauren didn't want to.  whoops, that will come back to bite her.  But it doesn't really matter because Sharon spilled to Phyllis that Nick found a quarter of a million dollars in her wall, and Phyllis' spidey senses were all a tingling, so I am pretty sure this will be wrapped up quickly.  I guess it is a good way to get rid of Chelz, but they could have also just exposed the Christian lie, and that might have been enough for her to flee town.

Meanwhile, Mariah convinces Nick to provide low cost housing to Tessa, and Tessa is overwhelmed by Nick's generosity as well as Mariah's humanity.  I guess Messa will live to see another day.

Oh, and Phyllis caught Drinki on her walk of shame, and cheered her on, but Drinki was not appreciative.  Later Drinki got a call from Arturo, which she ignored.

Queen Victoria and Queen Bitch Ashley are engaged in an all out war of words and office politics.  Vic hires JT as head of security because he is sick and tired of Cane, and she needs to have back up at Newman to protect her against Ash.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

i also read elsewhere that jt told lauren/phyl that alexandra west died a while ago so someone is using her ss number...

can't wait for the shit to hit the fan and  covers chelz in feces.

Yes, Alexandra West is dead, and has the same SS# as the Alexandra West with the bank account. Chelz, with a look of surprise on her face, says, I didn't even know that kind of thing was possible.  Hah!  He confirms they cannot find AW unless the go to the cops, and that they have enough evidence to get the cops involved and Chelz talks them out of it saying that it will lead to copycats thieves, and JT kind of agrees with her.

• Love 9