Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Little Johnny in his snowman costume AAAGGGGHHH so cute ❤️❤️❤️

I actually don’t mind JT’s Billy with Victoria and Johnny - he’s less nauseating with them than with Phyllis - but Johnny looks so much more like Billy Miller...

• Love 14
39 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Thanks, valley. Wow, that sounds dark.

The dark part was the blacked-out soundstage behind Nikki, as her soul wandered in white.

The rest? Not so much. It's the traditional soap Coma-for-Christmas--check DOOL and Y & R. Unless, of course, you view Victor's emergence from the Stygian gloom as further darkening things. Do people in comas flirting with that mystical white light of the hereafter always dress in evening wear? I feel like I'd get caught in a ratty nightgown and slippers down at the heels, personally.

But I'd snap out of it long enough to ask for a replacement for Nate, sloppy slippers or not.

Now, not to be entirely curmudgeonly, I did a have a moment when Nikki hit "Nadia's Theme."

More carrying-on with Reed's conscience doing exposition on that darkened stage.

On the young folks front, we had the "who's bought the watch chain, and who's bought the combs" O Henry replay. Only Lola's still got her hair and Kyle was forced to remove his Rolex Oyster for the more meaningful Rosales Timex. Oh, cynical Pearlite.

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

Nate told the Newmans they might have to make a decision about Nikki after She'd been sleepin' for a whole day. She isn't on life support. Is he going to put a pillow over her face?

"She was pining for the Fiords."

I'm assuming the decision they need to make is to get an actual doctor instead of having her treated by the resident crank.

• Love 16
On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎22 at 10:47 AM, pearlite said:

The dark part was the blacked-out soundstage behind Nikki, as her soul wandered in white.

The rest? Not so much. It's the traditional soap Coma-for-Christmas--check DOOL and Y & R. Unless, of course, you view Victor's emergence from the Stygian gloom as further darkening things. Do people in comas flirting with that mystical white light of the hereafter always dress in evening wear? I feel like I'd get caught in a ratty nightgown and slippers down at the heels, personally.

But I'd snap out of it long enough to ask for a replacement for Nate, sloppy slippers or not.

Now, not to be entirely curmudgeonly, I did a have a moment when Nikki hit "Nadia's Theme."

More carrying-on with Reed's conscience doing exposition on that darkened stage.

On the young folks front, we had the "who's bought the watch chain, and who's bought the combs" O Henry replay. Only Lola's still got her hair and Kyle was forced to remove his Rolex Oyster for the more meaningful Rosales Timex. Oh, cynical Pearlite.

I was amazed they could make a coma/walk into the light storyline so boring, but they could.  At least over at Days, Gabi almost smothering Julie was a bit fun to watch.  But in GC, we have boring Nick and boring Vic at Drinki's bedside lulling her deeper into her coma/bright light walk.

A shadow appears in her room at the end, and we can presume it was Prick or JT.  In the previews we learn that Drinki is missing from her bed and Nick says she has been kidnapped.  

Regarding the gift exchange, @pearlite, I was wondering if that was where they were going but then they just didn't.  And while Kyle seemed thrilled with his gift, Lola did not, even though she said it was perfect.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, bannana said:

A shadow appears in her room at the end, and we can presume it was Prick or JT.  In the previews we learn that Drinki is missing from her bed and Nick says she has been kidnapped.  

i will predict it is victor who will take her home and once he puts her to bed and kisses her she will awaken...

christmas miracle and all that.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

i will predict it is victor who will take her home and once he puts her to bed and kisses her she will awaken...

christmas miracle and all that.

He will give her an infusion from his virgin blood stash and she'll be as right as rain.

• Love 12

I have three episodes saved on my PVR to watch, but I caught Lola giving Kyle back the $5000 handbag he gave her for Christmas. Man, she and I are totally opposites. Handbags are my weakness and I'm be showing Kyle just how grateful I am rather than angrily giving him back the bag. 

P.S. If anyone has any designer handbags they no longer want, feel free to PM me, heh. 

• Love 9

I don't understand how she didn't know the price of the bag. I could have sworn when Kyle gave it to her, he told her that he paid attention when she was browsing at bags that she liked. How could she not know expensive it was and then hold it against him when he got her something that she actually liked and he noticed that she liked it.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Five thousand bucks for a handbag? That is madness.

That's the starting price for some handbags, for instance, the Birkin bag by Hermes. Those babies can run into the upper five zeros, depending on the hides chosen. Maybe higher. Nikki is seen frequently with one version of it, and it's one that would be on the low end of the pricing. I've only ever bought a couple of Hermes's scarves, so I don't even know the cost of most of their leather goods, but I'm sure fond of the craftsmanship. Maybe I could afford a belt...

You know, those flashbacks of young(er) Victor sure zero in on how much his acting has slid in the past ten years or so. He could enunciate and was playing a much less hardened man than the curmudgeon he's become.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 6

On yesterday's show (I think? The days are all blending together right now), WhyIsNate performs a modern miracle by not at all touching Nikki and so, she suddenly awakens from her coma. Victor also popped up in the back of Nate's car and convinced him to help abscond Nikki from the hospital once she was conscious again, because who ever did this to her may come back to finish her off! He must protect the family, etc. Wait until they all find out it was Reed. Ha! 

So, I'm new(ish) to Y&R and am not very familiar with Ana's character. Has she always been so annoyingly bubbly and positive? Ugh. Anyway big no surprise here, but she revealed to Fen that she wrote the song that he sang and Devon loved..it became even more obvious leading up to the revelation as Devon hammered home how he wanted to meet the guy who wrote, gotta sign him, gotta meet him, etc.

Edited by misokinesia
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Desperately Random said:

Yep, which was one of the reasons that in her previous Incarnation she was known as LOSTFU. (Little Orphan Shut The Fuck Up).

HAHAHA!!!!  She was horrible!  This version is better.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Maura West version.

Ah. That was during one of my breaks. I try to avoid thinking about her having ever played Diane. It stinks that they killed the character instead of writing her off again. She was one of Jack's past girlfriends though and most of those, his wives or one night stands end up dead at some point.

• Love 4

The actual handbag retails for $500, not $5000. Funny how they took a random bag and tried to make it more high end. 

I loved Victoria's gray sweater in today's show and I finally got around to watching the past three episodes. I'm so happy Noah is back! And Nikki squeezed his hand. Also, I like Sharon's hair when it's curled like it was for her party at Crimson Lights. 

Mariah's make-up and bangs looked horrible during her GC Buzz segment. That lipstick was wayyyyy too dark. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Capricasix said:

I want to punch Nick straight in the nose.

Nate’s on his way to losing his medical licence.

What, you didn't enjoy the "we had bad daddies" bonding between ReyRey and Nick? Touched, I tell you, I was touched. Right near my gag reflex.

As if Mal can't dump enough fanwank on us before his departure, we have fading Nikki using up what little breath she may have to swoon over Victor as her soulmate--if I never hear that term again, it'll be far too soon. And shut up Nate, Like you actually passed your finals at that low-rent medical school in the British Virgin Islands where folks with low marks go.

Enquiring minds do wonder where in hell, or Genoa City, that ambulance was headed? Cedars Sinai? The American Hospital in Paris?

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 13
40 minutes ago, pearlite said:

What, you didn't enjoy the "we had bad daddies" bonding between ReyRey and Nick? Touched, I tell you, I was touched. Right near my gag reflex.

As if Mal can't dump enough fanwank on us before his departure, we have fading Nikki using up what little breath she may have to swoon over Victor as her soulmate--if I never hear that term again, it'll be far too soon. And shut up Nate, Like you actually passed your finals at that low-rent medical school in the British Virgin Islands where folks with low marks go.

Enquiring minds do wonder where in hell, or Genoa City, that ambulance was headed? Cedars Sinai? The American Hospital in Paris?

Kneel's boathouse, I presume.  It's Genoa City's iteration of a long term care and rehab facility.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, boes said:

we have fading Nikki using up what little breath she may have to swoon over Victor as her soulmate--if I never hear that term again, it'll be far too soon.

A.men. And that goes for every damn soulmate couple on this damn show.

• Love 9

Damn. Lola has gone from mature and awesome to nasty and immature with a quickness. When Mariah and/or Abby hear about this can we not have the first words out of their mouth be to Kyle 'What did you do to make her do that?' Regardless of what Kyle did, shoving her tongue down his throat to hurt Kyle is low and solely on Lola. I hope Mariah and/or Abby let Lola know that it was a crap move and that maliciously setting out to hurt Kyle like that when his mistakes were not intentional doesn't make her look good. Mariah especially should tell her that what Lola did is a move Summer would pull and let that grossness sink in.

• Love 17
43 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Oh, my. Please tell me my eyes were deceiving me and I did not see Cane kiss Victoria. Hasn't that poor woman suffered enough?

He was probably lapping up her life essence the way all vampire slugs do.  

• Love 16
On 12/29/2018 at 12:00 AM, boes said:

He was probably lapping up her life essence the way all vampire slugs do.  

He does look like someone who could have been a son of Barnabas Collins on Dark Shadows. I feel bad for Amelia Heinle who doesn't annoy me as much as she used to having to be saddled with DG as a love interest on the show. She'll probably get dragged into his annoying social media persona. Even though CK isn't on the show right now I'm sure one thing she isn't missing is DG pawing at her. I still remember those creepy sex scenes between the two of them before Lily got sentenced. Ick! I hesitate to call them love scenes because his body language during them seemed more creepy then anything.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 9