Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I still don’t get it. Ashley is all “Mommy loves me after all! Daddy loves me best!”. She takes this revelation about her parents’ love and devotion and promptly (with great smugness!) guts her father’s beloved company. Looking supremely satisfied with herself, she hops a plane to Paris without a second glance at the smoking wreckage she’s left in her wake. As if this all isn’t gross enough, I have the feeling that Young expects me to feel a kinship with Ashley and revel in all the female empowerment. Sorry, man. My female ass ain’t here for that. 

And apparently leaves the mother she now loves without a backward glance.  Such a heartwarming storyline all around, Mal really can destroy decades of Shows history in a matter of days, can't he?  

• Love 18
On 10/28/2018 at 10:27 AM, miamama said:

A failed coup does not make you a victim. At least not in the real world. But apparently in GC if the guy you're trying to oust is Jack Abbott it  does.

And wasn't a coup the reason for the whole BAC being pulled out by Jack? Jack was taking time off to spend more time caring for Dina. Ashley, within days, started trying to take the CEO position. His chair was barely cold and she was trying to undercut him. When he got wind of it is when he pulled the BAC thing - I think? So again it was a case of her failing at a coup and then portraying herself as the victim of his vindictiveness when he acted to protect his position.

Truly I'm just glad she's gone. Feels like we've been hearing that the actress was leaving for months and months so I kept waiting for the thing that was going to send her away. Of course we get a dumpster fire of a story, because it's Mal, but yay she's gone. The only time I've liked her at all in recent years was when she was interacting with the Michael Knight doctor character (can't remember his name).

• Love 15

They could buy the cosmetics division from Devon since he's more into music and shining Prick's knob.

Seems like I saw something in a spoiler (maybe on SC likely) that Devon was going to reverting back to his first love, music. production It might be that this is the intent. Nah. MY just wants to make GT's *whacky* Phyllis dizzily running things at Jabot so they can have her reengage with Billy and have Dummer's sloppy seconds in the elevator and hanging and banging from the overhead light fixtures. All that rom-com excitement.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 9

I didn't really watch the show today, just skimmed, but I caught a couple of things:

• Phyllis and Dummer are tight again and bonded against Billy.
  • Phyllis throws her hat in the ring for CEO and Billy is pissed.  Jack is humouring her.
  • The Abbotts have a family breakfast where they try to work things out amidst sniping and defensiveness.
  • Phyllis is Red again.
  • Nick and Sharon and their family go to the pumpkin patch.  Lola and Rey Rey are also there.  And Mariah and Tessa.
  • Drinki gets a  call from the parks dept.  They have to remove the sculpture to repair a broken water pipe.  The coven meets to decide what to do and of course Phyllis says they have to dig up JT.
  • Love 13
44 minutes ago, bannana said:

I didn't really watch the show today, just skimmed, but I caught a couple of things:

• Phyllis and Dummer are tight again and bonded against Billy.
  • Phyllis throws her hat in the ring for CEO and Billy is pissed.  Jack is humouring her.
  • The Abbotts have a family breakfast where they try to work things out amidst sniping and defensiveness.
  • Phyllis is Red again.
  • Nick and Sharon and their family go to the pumpkin patch.  Lola and Rey Rey are also there.  And Mariah and Tessa.
  • Drinki gets a  call from the parks dept.  They have to remove the sculpture to repair a broken water pipe.  The coven meets to decide what to do and of course Phyllis says they have to dig up JT.

Thanks, bannana! Are the gang of four all going as Kato from the Green Hornet this Halloween?

• Love 7

Well, I don’t know when Phyllis is going to have time to be CEO of Jabot. It’s a 24/7 job already to be a smokeshow and a stone fox doing dark, sexy things with a speech-capable baboon. And that’s on top of digging up graves in Chancellor Park and taunting Billy with her magical sexay. Phyllis will undoubtedly be kept busy as she reforms the prison system on Lily’s behalf, becomes a supermodel, expands Lola’s food truck into a successful restaurant, and is named Time’s Person of All Time. Good luck fitting Jabot into that schedule, Red!

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

And that’s on top of digging up graves in Chancellor Park and taunting Billy with her magical sexay

Yes. She's is a busy, busy beaver, no? Anyway, when the Gang of Four are busted, it'll be the basis for losing her Jabot CEO spot. That should be happening in oh, about 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 now.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Well, I don’t know when Phyllis is going to have time to be CEO of Jabot. It’s a 24/7 job already to be a smokeshow and a stone fox doing dark, sexy things with a speech-capable baboon. And that’s on top of digging up graves in Chancellor Park and taunting Billy with her magical sexay. Phyllis will undoubtedly be kept busy as she reforms the prison system on Lily’s behalf, becomes a supermodel, expands Lola’s food truck into a successful restaurant, and is named Time’s Person of All Time. Good luck fitting Jabot into that schedule, Red!

And what did she do with Philly the racehorse. Hopefully, she didn't sent it to the glue factory.  Maybe Grandpaw bought it for Summer.

• Love 7

Again, not watching closely these days, some highlights:

• Jack and Billy each separately meet with some super chemist product producer and genius who will save Jabot.  Jack's meeting was very professional and super chemist, Kerry, seemed impressed, but blew him off.  Billy was a bit more clunky in his meeting and she shut him down.
  • Phyllis meets with Lauren, who tells her she has her vote, but she better put Fenmore's interests first.  Wait, how does that happen if you are CEO of Jabot?  Even Lauren is skeptical of Phyllis' promise.
  • At the Jabot Board meeting, where we used to pretend there were more Board members than just family, Jack, Billy and Phyllis each speak.  With interruptions.  Only Phyllis is able to produce the super chemist Kerry. I am guessing she gets voted in as CEO.  That is when I check out.
  • Arturo keeps weirdly grilling Mariah about Sharon, and Tessa confirms that he has been doing the same with her.
  • Vic, Drinki and Sharon are discussing how to dig up JT and where to put him.  Sharon is annoyed that Phyllis is not there, since she is the one who insisted on planting him in the first place.
  • Drinki gets a call from Arturo and she rushes to the park.  Jill is there and pissed that they are taking down her statue.  After some to and fro, Drinki and Jill agree to be present while the statue is removed.
  • Love 14

Drinki and Jill are sparring in the park.  Arturo tells Drinki that removing the sculpture went more quickly than planned and they can start fixing the water pipe.  She insists that he and his crew wait until tomorrow, and tells him to rope off the area.  

The vote is in and Phyllis is CEO.  She wins by one vote, so Jack and Billy basically split the vote allowing her to win.  People seem stunned.  Phyllis and Lauren are ecstatic and they go to the GCAC to celebrate.  While there, Jack and Billy show up and Billy charges right over to their table so that he can spar with Phyllis.  He tells her he will be waiting for her to implode.  She implies she will make his life miserable reporting to her.  Jill shows up and is thrilled to learn that Philly are no more.  And she is even more entertained when she learns that Phyllis slept with Nick.  They go to the bar and she has a heart to heart with him and tells him being his mom is her most important job.  Billy gets a text, he is late for trick or treating with Vic.  He rushes off.  Jack is sitting with Phyllis and Lauren and they are surprised that he is not upset.  He says it is only business, but we know he is upset from earlier, right after the vote when he was talking with his family.  He is putting on a good face.  Lauren leaves to have dinner with the non-existent Michael.  Phyllis gets a text from the coven and rushes off too.

Mariah and Tessa are Sonny and Cher at CL.  They also got matching tattoos.  Lola shows up and tells them about Kyle blew off Dummer.  Shortly after Kyle arrives to tell them about the CEO vote.  He doesn't have a costume so Mariah and Tessa go off to make him one.  Abby and Arturo are also at CL.  The Nick Newman family is there and Nick is determined that this is going to be a family affair and he gives Faith some hope that they will be a family again.  He buys her a costume which she tells him she will not wear, and she is not going trick or treating.  She doesn't like the way that Nick is manipulating her and setting up false hopes for the kids.  She lays down the law and tells him there is no way they will be getting back together.  It is most definitely over.

Drinki is waiting at the park, but Vic is still waiting Billy.  When he arrives she tells him they already went trick or treating, now it's his turn.  He wants Vic to join them and is very insistent but she says she has a previously scheduled meeting:  with a graveyard.

Mariah tells Tessa she loves her via a pumpkin carving.  They kiss.  I am pretty sure Tessa is the blackmailer so I am feeling bad for Mariah who will have her heart broken.  Lola and Kyle also kiss.

Drinki, Vic and Phyllis are at the park graveyard, waiting for Sharon.  Phyllis badmouths Sharon for being late.  The start to dig.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, Diane M said:

Wanna bet they don't find a body?  Thanks again, Bannana.

I agree, there will be no body in there.

I keep thinking that Pricktor is fully aware and that he moved the body.  

• Love 11

Thanks, Bannana.

I agree, there will be no body and the coven will go into a frenzy about what could have happened to it. I think there's a good chance JT is alive. The only other alternative is Prick removed the body and has kept quiet to protect Victoria and Nikki. Still not sure who the blackmailer is though. If JT is alive, obviously then it's him. It's not Prick, he wouldn't do that to Nikki or Victoria. I guess the only other option is Tessa.

I hope it turns out that JT is alive. That's the only choice that really makes any sense. Anything else is probably going to involve retcons and some really ridiculous and unbelievably eye-rolling explanations because it's Mal. However it plays out though, I'm sure Phyllis will end up being the hero. Again, cuz it's Mal.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 10

Well, I no longer give the tiniest fuck what happened to JT or anything else on this show. I’m not here for the Phyllis Hour. How in the blue hell does the same fucking character eat the show under the reign of two different headwriters and two different actresses? Go piss on someone else’s show, Mr. Young. Or up a rope.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Desperately Random said:

Thanks, Bannana.

I agree, there will be no body and the coven will go into a frenzy about what could have happened to it. I think there's a good chance JT is alive. The only other alternative is Prick removed the body and has kept quiet to protect Victoria and Nikki. Still not sure who the blackmailer is though. If JT is alive, obviously then it's him. It's not Prick, he wouldn't do that to Nikki or Victoria. I guess the only other option is Tessa.

I hope it turns out that JT is alive. That's the only choice that really makes any sense. Anything else is probably going to involve retcons and some really ridiculous and unbelievably eye-rolling explanations because it's Mal. However it plays out though, I'm sure Phyllis will end up being the hero. Again, cuz it's Mal.

Jack did it, because he's jealous of Ashley.

Makes no sense, you say?  Completely different storyline??  

So what?  This is Mal's Genoa City now and it's all Jack's fault.

He's stashed JT's body in the wall safe and just watch, he'll be wearing Ashley's PATENT leather pumps just to mess with her.

His Blood Abbott Claws are out and they are sharp.

• Love 19
8 hours ago, boes said:

Jack did it, because he's jealous of Ashley.

Makes no sense, you say?  Completely different storyline??  

So what?  This is Mal's Genoa City now and it's all Jack's fault.

He's stashed JT's body in the wall safe and just watch, he'll be wearing Ashley's PATENT leather pumps just to mess with her.

His Blood Abbott Claws are out and they are sharp.

Now, that would make a good Hallowe'en episode!

Because Mal's version of Hallowe'en sucked. And not like a vampire. Mal should just be locked in a room with a monitor playing an endless loop of Days' Hallowe'en show [Hi Gloria!] yesterday. Just before he's deported.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, pearlite said:

Now, that would make a good Hallowe'en episode!

Because Mal's version of Hallowe'en sucked. And not like a vampire. Mal should just be locked in a room with a monitor playing an endless loop of Days' Hallowe'en show [Hi Gloria!] yesterday. Just before he's deported.

or an endless loop of gt doing whatever it is gt does....

• Love 6

Three of the coven are digging a hole and pissed that Sharon is not there.  She arrives wearing a Jason mask and scares the heck out of them,  especially Phyllis who moments before was acting tough. Sharon points out that she would have been on time but she had to set Nick straight, so if Phyllis hadn't been such a slut, she wouldn't have been late dealing with Nick.  Hah!  Sharon is fired up and suggests that Phyllis leave town with JT's body, since no one respects her or cares about her, and no one would miss her.  Phyllis smugly announces she is CEO of Jabot and is now a power player.  Drinki is appalled and says, poor Jabot, and Sharon says, poor employees of Jabot.  Billy calls and Vic answers, telling him that she is at work at NE.  The kids are with Billy overnight.  When she hangs up she explains she was establishing an alibi, and Phyllis snarks that the cops can triangulate her call and will know that she was in the park.  Meanwhile Sharon is in the hole, which is very deep, saying that they have dug as far as they did last time.  Which is impossible, since they have all been sniping at each other, with very little digging.  They shine a flashlight and realize there is no JT in the hole.

Dummer and Kyle are at CL sniping at each other.  Dummer tells Kyle he needs to suck up to her now that her mom is his boss.  She says otherwise he will be wearing a hairnet and making sandwiches in  a food truck.

Nick is sad and alone at DH.

The coven tries to figure out where the body has gone.  Sharon surmises that the broken pipe may have something to do with it.  Phyllis basically calls her an idiot.  Phyllis figures he is alive and $250,000 richer.  But then she says he cannot be alive, because he was dead and they covered him with a lot of dirt.  They realize they have to put the dirt back into the hole.  Also that whoever has the corpse is an even bigger threat to them now.

Kyle and Billy are in the Jabot dining room the next morning, with Kyle wanting to talk strategy re Jabot.  Billy confirms he is not leaving Jabot.  Kyle apologizes to Billy for what he did.  He says the only way Jabot survives is if the Abbotts are in high level positions.  Billy and Kyle both want the COO job.  Billy says he is more qualified but Kyle says that Jaboat sailed when he screwed Phyllis' daughter.  Billy concedes that it is unlikely he would get the job, and agrees that an Abbott needs to be COO.  Kyle says it will be very difficult to be CEO of Jabot now.  Billy says Phyllis' one weakness is her hatred of Billy.

Phyllis arrives at her new office and sits in her new chair.  Lauren arrives. Phyllis says she will need Lauren's help.  She says she is going to be fighting an internal war and the only way she can win is to kick enough ass to silence the negative voices.  

The other three of the coven are at CL discussing their problem.  They conclude that if JT is alive, it is to his advantage to not reveal himself so that he can continue to blackmail them.  They try to figure out how someone could have moved his body, especially after the sculpture was installed.  Rey Rey shows up.  He wants to know how he can get involved in their charity.  They blow him off, awkwardly, saying that it is a women's initiative.

At DH, Nick is grumpy.  Abby arrives and tells her that he still loves Sharon.  Abby tells him to give Sharon space.  Nick is pissed and says everything he did re JT was to protect his family, and yet that is preventing Sharon to forgive him.

Dummer arrives at Jabot and congratulates her mom on her new job.  She says her gift is to redecorate her office.  Phyllis says that is sweet, but tells her to save her money.  Lauren says Dummer has the right idea.  Phyllis agrees but says they can do it themselves, so they start removing all things Abbott, Ash's award, the Abbott family photo, the artwork on the wall.  Kyle and Billy show up for a meeting with Phyllis.  Billy says he knows that Phyllis is going to want to tank his Jaboutiques.  She says, no, in fact she wants to expand them.  Kyle says he can help her with that as her COO.  Billy says the same.  Phyllis says Lauren is her new COO.  Wait, isn't Lauren CEO of Fenmore's?  Phyllis tells Kyle he will retain his current job, and Billy will head up marketing.  Kerry arrives, and Kyle comments on the girl power management team.  Whoops.  Phyllis tells Billy to take the box of Abbott things to the house, she is trying cut costs on messengers.  And then Lauren tells him to close the door behind him, and says, thanks sweetie.  Phyllis, Lauren and Kerry discuss their strategy.  They are going to use their classic line and try to tweak the newer stuff.  But they don't have time so in the meantime Phyllis' idea is to purchase hard to find beauty products to stock their shelves,and they all agree that is BRILLIANT!

At the police squad, Rey Rey suggests to Sharon that there may be some female officers who are interested in her clothing drive, could he send them her way and she says, sure.  Then they discuss her convo with Nick, and he says he is here to support her, whatever she needs.  Later, she clarifies that she is not available, and he says he is only offering support as a friend.  She asks if his wife is coming to visit.  He says they have been talking and making slight progress.

Kyle and Billy are at the GCAC commiserating that they are the two last Abbotts trying to preserve the company, even though they don't like each other.  Billy says they cannot play dirty.  Kyle agrees and says they have to outsmart her.

Vic and Drinki are at the park, because Vic wants to see if there is a clue they missed in the dark.  Vic is very anxious.

Previews:   Nick and Phyllis, at DH I think, are passionately kissing.   Vic to Sharon at the GCAC, asks her if she thinks JT could still be alive, saying that she keeps telling herself it is too far-fetched, but she cannot let it go.  At the park graveyard, Arturo finds JT's watch in the dirt, and then later says to Rey Rey that the busted water pipe is official city business, and Rey Rey replies, so is this, as the scene is cordoned with crime scene tape.

• Love 11

At the park graveyard, Arturo finds JT's watch in the dirt, and then later says to Rey Rey that the busted water pipe is official city business, and Rey Rey replies, so is this, as the scene is cordoned with crime scene tape.

Wait, Arturo finds the watch and gives it to Rey? Or he finds it, doesn't give it to Rey and the cops put crime scene tape for some other reason?

• Love 3

Lauren as COO?  That's ridiculous.  She's the CEO of her own company.  How is she going to have time to devote to Jabot business?  Stupid!  She might as well have given the job to Dummer.  Makes about as much sense.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Diane M said:

Lauren as COO?  That's ridiculous.  She's the CEO of her own company.  How is she going to have time to devote to Jabot business?  Stupid!  She might as well have given the job to Dummer.  Makes about as much sense.

Lauren puts me teeth on edge.  She's such a flake and a pain in the ass.

I'm hoping that when Jack gets Jabot back he finds a way to sell off Fenmore's for scrap.  And turns Lauren in to PETA for wearing roadkill on her head.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Wait, Arturo finds the watch and gives it to Rey? Or he finds it, doesn't give it to Rey and the cops put crime scene tape for some other reason?

It's a bit confusing, but we see a shot of a guy, presumably Arturo, finding the watch in the dirt.  It's engraved with something like Love, Mac. It cuts to the scene between Arturo and Rey Rey, so I presume he gave it to his brother the cop, although I am not sure why a watch in the dirt would be suspicious to Arturo.

1 hour ago, Diane M said:

I actually thought it was going to be Dummer.  But Lauren would never be COO of Jabot while being CEO of her own company.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Cindyluwho said:

This whole kill, bury, dig up JT storyline is the dumbest shit I have seen on this show. 

I think the new theme music is going to be a take on Pop Goes the Weasel - same tune ButtBiscuit's underroos plays.

• Love 15

Mal really doesn’t understand female empowerment. Acting like an asshole is not empowering; it’s just acting like an asshole. Phyllis isn’t remotely qualified to be CEO of a cosmetics company, so putting her in the big chair isn’t empowering to anyone except for rival cosmetics companies. 

And, hey! Wasn’t it Dr. Phyllis who pronounced JT dead at the scene? Hard to believe her extensive medical training let her down. 

Nick is sooo sad that Sharon won’t forgive him... so he repeats the same sick mistake that pissed her off initially. Phyllis, showing more of her excellent, sound judgment, doubles down on behavior sure to antagonize the co-conspirator she sees as the weakest link. The hero of our show, ladies and gentlemen - Blunder Woman.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, miamama said:

That was like parody. Wtf? I mean I hate them both but wasn’t that just goofy? When he came out of the elevator carrying her and she was all limp I mean wut? It was so weird and bad. 

LMAOOOOOOOOO. I’m CRYING at him carrying her. 

• Love 9