Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

At the Jabot office, Dina and Kyle have opened the secret safe, and removed the documents.  Dina is elated, because she has proof to show that girl Ashley that she is a very good mother.  At the same time, Billy arrives in reception and temp Ted is at his desk and says he is reorganizing the filing system his predecessor used.  So I guess Glo is officially gone?  Last we heard, she had a cold.  Billy wants to review a press release and then they strangely begin to discuss Billy's break-up with Phyllis.  He tells Ted that he was able to kick two bad habits:  gambling and Phyllis. This seems like completely inappropriate water cooler talk with the temp who has been here for five minutes.  Well, with anyone, actually.  In the office, Kyle peers through the blinds and sees Billy in reception.  He convinces Dina that they should go through the docs with Dina in John's chair, and she is very excited.  Kyle locks the office door.

Sharon and Vic are in Vic's office and they realize that the blackmailer knows that JT is buried under the statue, because s/he sent them a photo of it.

Jack and Nick are having a breakfast meeting in the GCAC dining room.  Phyllis arrives and tells her two exes that she has reached an epiphany, that she is better off without Billy.

Dina gets befuddled going through the docs, and she gets annoyed with Kyle's efforts to intervene.  She finally finds the doc and shows it to Kyle.  Kyle reads and says that it assigns all patents, inventions, discoveries, developments, and ideas made of or conceived by Ash to her in perpetuity.  Dina is thrilled, saying Eureka!  Billy and Ted hear Dina, and Billy tries to open the door.  Kyle opens the door and says that Dina wanted to see John, and he is playing along with her.  Billy buys this, and walks away.  Not sure why.

Jack wants to know what made Phyllis see the light and she says the details are unimportant.  Hah!  Nick is skeptical but Phyllis assures him she is done with Billy.  Nick leaves.  Now this next part is puke-worthy so brace yourselves.  Jack tells Phyllis he doesn't know when he has been any prouder of her, because she has taken back control of her life, and she did not need rescuing.  He says she is a bright, powerful, independent woman with so much good in her.  He's glad Dummer gets to see just how brave her mother is.  Phyllis tells him to stop being so nice to her, she doesn't deserve it.  And she is right about that.  Jack tells her he gets no pleasure out of seeing her like this, and Phyllis says he and his bro are like night and day.  Jack says Billy seems as angry and vindictive as he was at the wedding that wasn't.  Phyllis says all of this public flogging is a sneak preview of darker things to come.  Phyllis says all he wanted to do was hurt her, while she wanted to help him pull the pieces back together again.  She says that when you open up your heart to someone, he knows just how to break it.  Jack, replies, not everyone.  Oh, lordy.  Phyllis asks him how he forgives the unforgivable.  She says he is such a good man, more than she ever deserved and that what she and Billy did to him was selfish and heartless.  She thought she was living some big love story with Billy.  The two of them against the world.  She says she made a lot of mistakes, and tells Jack she is so sorry what she did to them and to him, and hopes that he can forgive her.  He says he forgave her a long time ago. 

Sharon is freaked out and says they should have paid.  Vic thinks the blackmailer will just demand more and more.

Dina is very possessive of the document, and Kyle keeps trying to get his hands on it.  Kyle tries to explain that this document will destroy Jabot.  Dina says this is a present for Ash, to make amends because she was a bad mother.  Kyle cannot believe that John would have signed it.  Dina shows him the signature.  

Drinki is at CL with Christian, reading to him, and playing with him.  Rey Rey shows up and inserts himself into their visit.  Nick arrives.  Drinki checks her phone, saying she had turned it off, and then she abruptly says she has to go.  Puzzled, Nick says to Rey Rey, what the heck was that, and Rey Rey notes that the same thing happened with Sharon at work earlier.

Now the Coven is together at Vic's office, with computer whiz Phyllis attempting to track down who is sending the emails.  They fret about how they have been discovered.  

Nick and Christian are colouring now, and Rey Rey brings him a little police car.  Nick asks about whether Rey Rey has kids, and he replies he hasn't been that lucky.  Nick asks about his wife, and he says he is private about these things.  Nick says he is not so private with Sharon, she knows about his new mattress.  Rey Rey tries to explain.  Nick says he is onto him, he is not fooling him that he is one of the good guys.

Kyle says the doc is airtight, and Dina confirms their attorney saw to that.  Kyle, annoyed, explains the magnitude of this document, that Ash owns pretty much the entire company.  Dina gets upset with Kyle.  He apologizes and says that this was a serious mistake, we all make mistakes, and he will take care of this error in judgement.

Billy arrives at the manse to find Jack on the phone trying to track down Kyle and Dina.  Billy tells Jack that they are at Jabot, and that Kyle had her locked in the office trying to keep her calm, but that he wasn't doing a good job.

Dina is upset with Kyle, and starts calling out for John.  Kyle says he is probably at home, and the cook is probably preparing his dinner.  He tries to distract her and she says, I want you gone.  She grabs the document and says it stays with her.

Phyllis explains that the blackmailer is using a VPN so she cannot track them down.  She says they know where the body is buried, so they should move the body.  Sharon tries to explain what happens to an unembalmed body that has been buried.  Phyllis says these are desperate times that call for desperate measures.  Phyllis wants to know what Sharon's great idea is, and she, frustrated, says they should pay the blackmailer as she has been saying all along.  But since they won't listen to her, she is going home to spend time with her daughters, since she may not have much time left with them.

Rey Rey tries to convince Nick nothing is going on with him and Sharon.  Nick scoffs at this.  Nick says he knows he screwed up but Sharon and his kids belong with him under the same roof, and that is how this is going to end.  He tells Rey Rey to do the right thing, and stay out of it.

Billy is pouring a drink and Jack cautions him about substituting one addiction for another.  Billy grumbles that he kicked two bad habits, so he is celebrating.  Jack says he saw Phyllis earlier.  Billy asks how long it took her to give him a sob story and throw herself at him.  Jack advises Billy not to say things he will regret later.  Billy says that is what he does, he says the unspeakable.  Jack asks if he does the unspeakable.  Jack then says that Phyllis wouldn't say anything negative about him, but he gathers he hit a new low, even for him.  Billy says it was bound to happen sooner or later.  Jack says he doesn't know what happened to Billy.  Billy replies that he is a riddle wrapped in a mystery at the bottom of an empty Scotch glass.  With a gargantuan gift for shooting himself in the foot, Jack points out.  Billy  says he had a problem and he solved it.  Was it an elegant solution, no, but it was effective, he says.  Phyllis is not blowing up his phone with empty apologies anymore.  Jack tells him that Phyllis apologized to him, and that it meant a lot to him.  Billy says he is going to go and finish his drink in peace. He tells him if he wants to save someone he should go save Dina from Kyle, and a concerned Jack then grabs his keys and leaves.

Kyle convinces Dina that she should leave the document in the safe for safekeeping.  

Sharon is at her house and Mariah arrives with take out for dinner.  Mariah senses something is off with Sharon, but she glosses it over.  Mariah gets a call, and there is no one there.  She explains that she has been getting a lot of these calls and she also had the feeling she was being followed.  Sharon starts to freak out and looks out the window.  Mariah blows it off saying she is just overreacting because it is close to Halloween and she had been listening to True Crime podcasts.

In the squad room, Rey Rey looks in his drawer of little police cars.  I am not making this up.  Then we see Nick and Christian playing with the toy police car at Dark Horse.  I guess we are not going to see the fancy new house Nick bought.  Nick is talking about everyone making mistakes and that the important thing is to make things right.

Vic, Drinki and Phyllis are on speaker phone with Sharon learning about Mariah being followed.  They are skeptical, but Sharon insists that it is a warning, and Drinki gets concerned, too.  Sharon tries to persuade them that if the blackmailer is willing to send them to prison they are not going to draw the line at their families.  Drinki is convinced and says she will pay.  She says there is nothing she won't do to keep her family and all of them safe.

Kyle and Dina are leaving the office and he suggests they watch a Marlon Brando movie after dinner, and she is pleased at that idea.  He then says he forgot his keys in the office.  She laments: and you call yourself a chauffeur!  Hah!  He goes back into the office, leaving her in reception. He opens the safe and is about to start shredding the document, when Dina bursts in and demands, what are you doing?!  He says it is for the best and as he is putting the doc into the shredder she physically grabs his hands and attempts to prevent him from shredding it, yelling, stop it, stop it!

• Love 18

I just don’t understand why they’re doing this secret document twist when Ashley is leaving. John wouldn’t have been secretive about such a monumental business decision that would affect the whole company. Dina was a shit mother to all three kids, considering she abandoned them all. This is all so ridiculous.

• Love 20
52 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I just don’t understand why they’re doing this secret document twist when Ashley is leaving. John wouldn’t have been secretive about such a monumental business decision that would affect the whole company. Dina was a shit mother to all three kids, considering she abandoned them all. This is all so ridiculous.

Maybe Ash will move Jabot HQ to Paris and take Dina with her. Everyone goes to work at Dark Horse except Buttbiscuit who marries Dummer and lives in her Malibu Penthouse running a mail order string cheese company.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Maybe Ash will move Jabot HQ to Paris and take Dina with her. Everyone goes to work at Dark Horse except Buttbiscuit who marries Dummer and lives in her Malibu Penthouse running a mail order string cheese company.

I’m not buying string cheese from a man with suspiciously large mucus dispensers. It’d be like ordering from Nick’s chocolate-covered banana company. 

Speaking of fecal matter, Jack polishing Phyllis’s apple (not a euphemism!) was so gross. How PB delivers that purple prose, I’ll never know. Yes, yes, it’s so brave to walk away from the man who revenge-boned your thirsty daughter and rubbed your stupid face in it. Truly, Phyllis is a feminist icon and shining beacon for female empowerment everywhere. I love Jack, but he’s got to start running the other way when he sees Phyllis. She’s only apologizing now because she got a taste of her own medicine. Mal Young will clearly never learn that you can’t use the wronged party to sell a pair of cheating asshats. 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, miamama said:

So John had this ludicrous document drawn up and then hid it away?

god this gets stupider by the day.

Yeah, why is this a secret document?  John had a few health scares, wouldn't he during those times have mentioned it Ashley or someone?  And John also knew that Ash's mental health was precarious, would he really want her to own everything?  And didn't they have a Board of Directors back then?

6 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Wonder if Rey has the little police car bugged?!

Ohhh, that is  a good thought, it would at least explain the weird scene of Rey Rey looking at his drawer of little toy police cars.  But why would he be bugging Christian?

1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I’m not buying string cheese from a man with suspiciously large mucus dispensers. It’d be like ordering from Nick’s chocolate-covered banana company. 

Speaking of fecal matter, Jack polishing Phyllis’s apple (not a euphemism!) was so gross. How PB delivers that purple prose, I’ll never know. Yes, yes, it’s so brave to walk away from the man who revenge-boned your thirsty daughter and rubbed your stupid face in it. Truly, Phyllis is a feminist icon and shining beacon for female empowerment everywhere. I love Jack, but he’s got to start running the other way when he sees Phyllis. She’s only apologizing now because she got a taste of her own medicine. Mal Young will clearly never learn that you can’t use the wronged party to sell a pair of cheating asshats. 

It was difficult to stomach for us, how he does it, I cannot imagine.  He's a pro.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, bannana said:

Yeah, why is this a secret document?  John had a few health scares, wouldn't he during those times have mentioned it Ashley or someone?  And John also knew that Ash's mental health was precarious, would he really want her to own everything?  And didn't they have a Board of Directors back then?

Jabot has changed ownership many times. Jack spent his life always trying to win it back, when JOHN WAS ALIVE. This didn’t come up? It wasn’t relevant? 

It’s just silly. 

• Love 17

Please, please. Do not let Jack allow Phyllis into his life again. He’s so much better and more deserving of a fine woman. I always like him with Nikki until I thought of her having sex with you know who (YUCK !!!!!). At any rate, please let Jack meet a NEW woman who’s smart, accomplished and independent. She doesn’t need Jack- - she just loves him. 

• Love 15
8 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Wonder if Rey has the little police car bugged?!

Is that what Rey Rey calls it, like Nick calls his Banana Split?

Sex talk in Genoa City is just so cute!

• Love 11
4 hours ago, miamama said:
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Jabot has changed ownership many times. Jack spent his life always trying to win it back, when JOHN WAS ALIVE. This didn’t come up? It wasn’t relevant? 

It’s just silly. 

Jack has to keep trying to win back Jabot because John apparently is a horrible businessman. This is another one of John's stupid ideas. 

I won't say Jack hasn't done things that cost Jabot, but John in no way is perfect. I am trying to remember what nonsense John tried to pull prior to dying in prison. Something involving Gloria and Jack not being allowed to own Jabot.

• Love 8

My mom is of the mind they had Ashley use her mother once before to further her devilish agenda why not have her do it again and have planted the fake will/addendum. Or maybe this really is Victor messing around with the Abbotts and giving something to Ashley.

Oh, Kyle. Had you just called everyone to the Abbott manse and let Dina do her thing and let the chips fall...now you and Jack are gonna look like selfish thieving jackasses and prove Ashley right. Let her show what she'd do when faced with the near absolute power and responsibility she says she deserves.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

Jack has to keep trying to win back Jabot because John apparently is a horrible businessman. This is another one of John's stupid ideas. 

I won't say Jack hasn't done things that cost Jabot, but John in no way is perfect. I am trying to remember what nonsense John tried to pull prior to dying in prison. Something involving Gloria and Jack not being allowed to own Jabot.

Instead of the Saint John narrative and this asinine retcon why not show John was far from perfect, that he was a 50’s husband and one obsessed with his fledgling business and no understanding that his wife wasn’t happy hosting cocktail parties and giving birth. Dina felt powerless in her life. She was trapped and had an affair, hence one illegitimate pregnancy. What is the big fucking deal? Gawd. Ashley harping on this for 35 years and abusing this woman for it is really beyond gross. And it’s not pro-woman. It’s the opposite.

This will all end with “DADDY wuvved be bestest (which BEAUTY already knew)” and all Ashley’s self worth coming from that validation - when she’s 60. Also Dina is still the whore in this scenario.

• Love 16

So, no recap today, but I caught some of the show and here are the main things:

• Jack shows up at Jabot and when he realizes that this secret document will bankrupt Jabot, he shreds it.
  • Ash is going on her apology tour, first Abby, then Jack, and of course she wants to move past things that she has done, as long as things are transparent between her and Jack.
  • Dina tells Traci about the document and that John shredded it at the office.  Traci finds this to be a credible story and high tails it over to Jabot where she empties the shredder bin.  In less time than it takes me to tamper with a  DNA test, she pieces the document back together and realizes what Jack and Kyle have done; and she kind of looks like she wished she didn't know.

So I guess Traci will out them, Ash will feel once again that she is the much put upon outsider, and wallow and revel in that.  But she won't want to destroy her father's company so she will just leave it be and leave town.  Or she signs it over to Abby?  The whole thing is ridiculous.  

• Love 16

This is soooooooo stupid. Reconstructed a shredded legal document???????

And how would Dina know about this document? She left when Ash was a child. John knew then that his preteen would one day be in R&D? 

This might be the stupidest story Mal has done.

• Love 19

It's one thing to change characters & make them do things that according to history would never happen....but to do it in a way to make them ALL OOC ,OTT and STUPID to boot is just an excellent way to piss off fans & kill the show.

2 hours ago, miamama said:

And how would Dina know about this document? She left when Ash was a child. John knew then that his preteen would one day be in R&D? 

Exactly!!!! This makes NO DAMN SENSE. AT ALL. Why does Mal even have a job here? What is wrong with TPTB? I hate to see these stories twisted around for no real reason other than "shock value". What a bunch of uncreative & lazy writing. Shame on these so called show runners. Shame! It is insulting & painful to watch this crap. Again at this point I am only here for the actors I care about....but it is difficult to watch them have to play this dreck.

• Love 13

Yes, we have a cross shredder. They’re much safer as far as security is concerned because we throw out the “threads” in our household garbage. These cannot be reconstructed unless you have a lot of people with a lot of time and we’re just not that worth it- ha. However, we are interesting enough that if someone wanted to steal our identities, he/she would be able to reconstruct our documents using a regular shredder. We even bought these for both of our kids/their spouses to use in their homes. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Yes, we have a cross shredder. They’re much safer as far as security is concerned because we throw out the “threads” in our household garbage. These cannot be reconstructed unless you have a lot of people with a lot of time and we’re just not that worth it- ha. However, we are interesting enough that if someone wanted to steal our identities, he/she would be able to reconstruct our documents using a regular shredder. We even bought these for both of our kids/their spouses to use in their homes. 

Just hire Tracy! She had all those pages glued backed together in no time! 

What a farce. 

• Love 15
17 hours ago, Gam2 said:

My son used to tear up anything that he didn't want to get into the wrong hands. Then he would put the tiny bits in a bottle of water and shake it up. 

• Love 5
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:30 PM, bannana said:

Or is this her redemption story and she gifts it back to the company?  And leaves?

I thought of that myself. She would be playing the martyred and saintly daughter and sister. I'm not sure which of these threads I read it in here, but there was someone who suggested that Ashley might have taken her plot to the next level after manipulating her mother (into believing Jack wasn't John's son) by "reminding" Dina about the long-forgotten safe in John's office. As former CEO, Ashley had unfettered access to that office and she may well have known about the safe (that was never heretofore seen or spoken of). I worked for the Treasurer of the old Fina corporation back in the '80s. We had two safes in that department (a walk-in and one located by my desk), which in addition to safekeeping stock certificates, held cash. It was like a mini banking operation. So a wall safe in a CEO's office is not altogether a crazy idea. It is a crazy notion, though to believe that John would have made that conveyance, and further, would have then hidden it in the wall so that Ashley would then never see it. It would negate any of its purpose if he genuinely wanted to have drawn up that document to begin with (which makes me believe he did it to get Dina to STFU). And Dina was never a champion of ANY of her children at any point that I recall. She walked out of their lives and never turned back except to make short appearances in town usually to stir up trouble and sew discord in the lives of her then adult children. She was always depicted as a hard-bitten, haughty harridan completely self-absorbed and selfish to the core. And her most recent reappearance showed her in much the same light until her Alzheimers became evident and made her more mentally and physically fragile. It doesn't get to make amends for the decades-long abandonment of her family though.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 13

Wouldn't whoever was John's lawyer back in the day have copies of this document?  The family could consult him to find out what the circumstances were.  John is dead and Dina is "incapacitated" so there is no longer a lawyer/client privilege.

Sorry . . . sense keeps trying to barge in.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Wouldn't whoever was John's lawyer back in the day have copies of this document?  The family could consult him to find out what the circumstances were.  John is dead and Dina is "incapacitated" so there is no longer a lawyer/client privilege.

Sorry . . . sense keeps trying to barge in.

I like to think the lawyer in question was John Silva. Whatever happened to him? I remember liking him a lot. 

Maybe John's lawyer is deceased? I don't know, clearly I'm trying to make sense of this shitastic story line. 

• Love 7

I managed to watch some of today.  Highlights:

• Traci, instead of just outing Jack and Kyle, first has an investigatory chat with Kyle, and then invites the rest of the Abbotts to the house for an emergency family meeting.  It just so happens that Ash is with Billy still attempting to redeem herself.  When they all arrive, Traci tells them that since Ash and Jack can't get along, that she is taking it upon herself to address the issues the Abbotts are facing.  She takes them down memory road to their childhood, where Ash was John's favourite, and Jackie was Dina's. 
  • Flashbacks focus on John buying a new convertible for Dina, and wanting to take the family to the drive-in.  Dina says she has already made plans cause John is never home.  The kids are excited about the car, and Ash really wants Dina to join them.  She doesn't.  Later she and John talk about the state of their marriage, and she says things are screwed.  He says she is not happy with him, and that he and the kids aren't enough for her.
  • Traci talks some more about the rivalry and tensions in the family.  Ash and Jack think they were generally happy until Dina left.  Traci remembers differently.  Jack was working overtime to get his father's approval.  Ash was John's fave and she butted heads with Dina.  Jack looks sadly introspective.  A flashback  covers him having a convo about this with Dina.  Dina assures him he is special to both his parents, but then tells Jack that she has to go away for a while, and that he has to be the strong one.  And it is there little secret. 
  • Traci explains that when Dina left, Jack stepped up to help all of them and Ash agrees that they all depended on him.  Traci says that the only thing John asked was for them to take care of each other, and stand up for each other.  With the exception of Abby, she says, what the rest of them have done would disgust John.  He would demand that they heal this rift and would remind them that Dina, who came home to atone and seek forgiveness, is slipping away.  She deserves to see her family at peace.  Traci implores them to open their hearts, and be honest and fair with each other.  In that spirit, she then asks Jack to tell them what he learned yesterday. Jack has pretty much realized throughout this that Traci knows, but he also seems to conclude this should be about family and coming together, and seems to want to tell the truth.  He tells them that yesterday Dina was talking like she was in the 90's, the time when she came home to reconcile with John.  She spoke about proving to Ash that she was a good mother, by protecting her in the future.  Ash, puzzled, asks what he is talking, how could she do that?  Jack says that John created a legal document signing over to Ash the patents, etc., that she created for Jabot.  He doesn't say it angrily or contemptuously.  More like, resigned.  Ash is shocked.
  • Why is Nate?  Today he was Cane's wingman to help him visit his wife, this after Cane just visited her yesterday.  Lily doesn't show but the warden does, and tells them that Lily helped defend another inmate who was being harassed by other inmates, and now she is being targeted.  Lily is in isolation until the matter can be sorted.  Who knows how long, according to the Warden.  Cane is furious, but the Warden doesn't care and walks out.  So I guess this is

Spoiler

how they write out CK.  She's on recurring, right?

• Love 12
10 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I like to think the lawyer in question was John Silva. Whatever happened to him? I remember liking him a lot. 

Maybe John's lawyer is deceased? I don't know, clearly I'm trying to make sense of this shitastic story line. 

More likely it would have been Mitchell Sherman. Before John Silva, Mitch Sherman was Katherine Chancellor's legal guy, and I can't remember whether John and the rest of the more well-heeled people of GC used him as well.

• Love 3

Mildly interesting episode, and I'm not referring to anything involving the Winters-Ashby clot. That crap is badly written, and even worsely performed.

I did enjoy Traci's slow-burn approach to revealing what Scotch tape can do--she just fed Kyle spoonful by spoonful, then... And then, some kumbaya... And then, a little trip down Memory Lane... And then, she bites Jack in the butt. [And I love Jack, but.]

The faked FBs suffered because they were preceded by a real FB of ED and Marla, who was so much better looking than FB-Dina--I didn't like any of the actors in the FFBs, actually.

Could the Me Too movement please get down to work on Mal? #uksleazegohome

• Love 5
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

Mildly interesting episode, and I'm not referring to anything involving the Winters-Ashby clot. That crap is badly written, and even worsely performed.

They all - and I am including Lily is this - are acting life she's doing a ten year prison sentence and won't be up for parole for another six years or more. Come on, guys. She's only got another ten months to go. Pretend like it is a long pregnancy.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 17

What Pop Tart said.

How about instead of that convoluted patent bullshit, Tracy bring the Abbott clan together over where to donate Ashley and ButtBiscuit's organs?

Now THAT'S  a kumbaya moment.

Edited by boes
  • Love 17

Hey, young Ash is just as bitchy as old Ash!  I am recapping today in spite of the potential for spiking my blood pressure.

The Abbotts are in the living room and Jack has just dropped his bombshell about the document signing over everything to Ash.  Abby's the first one to react telling her mom that Dina always loved her.  Kyle says that Dina came back in the 90's hoping to work things out with John, and that they have no idea how she got him to sign the document.  They cannot rely on Dina's memory and John is gone. Traci tells Kyle to shut it unless he is willing to confess what he did.  Billy asks Ash if she put these false memories in Dina's head.  Ash says, no, she has no idea what Dina is talking about.  She tells her sister that she loves her, but she sees things differently and Traci is painting a rosy picture.  Ash says her mother was always who she was; she looks right through Ash now and that is how she always looked at her.  She wasn't there to rescue her as a child and she is not here to rescue her now.  Traci says there is proof and gives her the reassembled doc.  Jack tells Ash that Dina did love her.  Then we flash back to young Ash saying how she hates her mother. Jack tells her to stop saying that in front of Traci, and that there is no point in pretending she hates her mom.  Ash says she is not pretending and she told her dad she will look out after him.  Jack says they need their mom and if Ash didn't yell about hating her all the time she would come back.

Traci explains that Dina had John do this for Ash when she was already an adult.  Dina realized the remarkable woman she had grown into.  Dina needed to make amends, she just didn't want anyone to know it at the time.  Ash says, so she just let me go on resenting her?  Traci surmises that Dina wanted to look after Ash but not have her think it was about pity or that she was doing it to have Ash forgive her.  Okay, Traci, this makes no sense.  But let's play along.  John dies, Dina still has her faculties.  A) Why doesn't Dina have a copy of this document?  Why doesn't the Jabot legal counsel?  B) What good is gifting her all of this to show her that she is loved or to protect her, if Ash and no one else knows about it?  What would prevent Dina from telling Ashley?  But, carry on, Traci.  Traci says this document tells its own story, Dina loved her.  Ash, emotional, says, this is a gift, she never would have asked for nor expected this from the one person she gave up on so long ago.  Sob!  

Cane is at home with Why is Nate and he is on the phone with Mikey trying to get him to convince the warden to allow him to see Lily.  Neil arrives and is ready to help.

Sharon and Vic are at CL, and they have not heard from the blackmailer, but Vic says they will never be free even after the payment, because the blackmailer knows what they did.  This is their life now, waiting for the worst to happen.

Billy is reviewing the doc and asks Traci where she got it and Abby asks why it was shredded. Traci says Jack and Kyle should answer.  Kyle tells them how Dina was worked up over the convo with Ash, and that she said she had proof that she was a good mother and loved Ash.  She wanted Kyle to take her to John's office to look for a safe and he played along, but there actually was a safe.  Jack says that he and Kyle shredded the document.

Nick and Arturo are having a business meeting at the GCAC.  All is going smoothly and Nick is praising Arturo. Then he starts pressing him about Rey Rey.  Arturo says Rey Rey means well, but he can be extreme.  Meanwhile Rey Rey shows up at CL for coffee, and Sharon invites him to go out to a movie. He declines, saying Nick has warned him away.  She says she and Nick are over, and she was not asking him on a date, just as a friend, and she stomps out.  Vic observes all of this.

Abby is pissed that they found this life-changing doc and decided to destroy it.  They say it was for the good of the family.  She is outraged that they would make a decision for everyone else, no one else gets a vote.  Jack insists it was a precautionary measure, taken under intense pressure.  Ash is seething, saying Jack is so full of it, saying that his very instinct is to always take something from her, and says this is like the BAC all over again.  Jack says he didn't do this to Ash, she didn't even know it existed, no one did.  Ash shrieks, mother knew, daddy knew!  Jack defends himself saying he did it to keep the company from more upheaval and trauma.  Abby says that he claimed he wanted to make things right with her mother, and this is how he treats her?  Kyle talks about Ash's calculated torture against his dad and him, saying this was shredding a piece of paper no one knew about.  Ash wails that she is not important to either of them and Kyle is just like his father.  Ash grabs the document and sticks it in front of Jack's face and says, this was created because she matters to her mother and to her daddy.  It was an insurance policy because they knew the golden boy was going to try and get his grubby hands on everything.  Ash, tell me, WHAT KIND OF INSURANCE POLICY IS IT IF NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT??? ARGH!!! Ash says this was for her and Jack treated it like garbage just like he treated her.  Jack denies this.  Abby says it was a promise from John and Dina and he tried to erase it.  Kyle asks them how much they care about a few pieces of paper from John and Dina if it never came up.  John ran the business for years without taking it out of the safe, and if that way was fine with him, then....  Kyle is absolutely correct, but now Billy interjects and tells Kyle to shut it.  Billys says what they did is stupid, but this doc sets a precedent and opens up the potential floodgates to employee claims.  Jack nods in agreement.  Ash says, that is ridiculous, it specifically names Ash, it was to protect Ash, and Abby says, which clearly her mom needs.  Traci is exasperated, and asks why should a family need protection from its own, what is it going to take to see that they all have gone too far, this is shameful.  Ash tells Jack that he swore to her he was not trying to take her father away from her with the BAC, but then he shredded her father's last promise to her.  She says, she has it now, it's hers and she knows what her daddy wanted and he is going to have to suck it up and accept it.

Cane and Neil talk about Lily going up against the system and not backing down, and Neil says she is just like Dru.  Is this like the second Dru mention in as many months?  They all head to the prison.

Kyle says, so here they are, Dina had a heart after all, which everyone but Ash already knew (hah!).  He says they need to think about Jabot and vote to ignore the agreement.  Ash says they cannot wish it away with a vote.  Billy, of all people, says they don't know the legality and they are going to need lawyers to look it over.  Abby says, to try and undo it?  Ash says, good luck with that, wait till the press gets a hold of it.  Kyle tells her to go for it and go to the press, they would love to hear how she conned her ill mother into calling her son illegitimate.  Jack and Traci say, enough, and she says they are all adults, can they not act like it.  Jack says they need to protect their father's legacy, and Ash waves the doc in face, saying this is his legacy.  Traci says that their father wanted what was best for all of them, and asks them to focus on being the family he wanted them to be.  Ash whines that she was just persona non grata in this room not long ago, and Jack sighs heavily and rolls his eyes.  She scoffs that now they are supposed to join together in love and faith, and says that she is going to be put her faith in the document.  Ash says she is speaking to her attorney and going to find out her options, all of them, and she thanks Traci, and leaves.  Traci says Ash just needs to process this, she's been hurt too many times, but she loves this family.  An angry Jack tells Traci it is too late for her cheery optimism, it is not going to fix what is broken.  He asks her why she would give the doc to Ash, did she think it was going to bring peace to the family?  Flash back to little Traci with a drawing for her mom that says they miss her, and she wants to send it to their mom.  In the present, Traci rails at Jack and Kyle and says what they have done is disgusting.  It is an insult to their dad.  She tells Jack not to bully her for trying to force the family to see the truth today, it has been nothing but lies and tricks and schemes.  Traci says, no more!  Kyle says Ash didn't get that message.  Abby says Ash owes him nothing.  Billy says it proves they are an exceptionally devious group and he is over it, he is not picking sides, he is just worried about Jabot.  Jack says he will talk to legal about the document.  Abby says their family is falling apart and has wounds that will never heal and all they care about is screwing her mom out of what her parents wanted her to have.  Abby says she feels the same pain her mom feels, and she stomps out.  Kyle wants to know if there is another copy of the doc and a disgusted Traci asks if it would kill either one of them to think about human feelings before business.  Billy says this is getting out of hand, and Jack says if Ash truly owns those patents, they are in danger; without a CEO in place, Jabot could be in a death spiral.

Billy is at Jabot and Kyle shows up saying they have the same idea, checking the Jabot archives for anything that can undo the doc.  Billy and Kyle viciously snipe at each other about their various transgressions, and Billy leaves with the files.

Abby is at the GCAC telling Arturo that her family is imploding and that her family is selfish and vindictive, and that one person's act of kindness years ago makes everyone more vindictive now.  Um, Abby, that seems to be a very narrow read on the situation.

Jack is on the phone with legal telling them about the doc and asking them to review it.  Traci walks in, angry, and Jack apologizes to her for what he said.  She says Ash is their sister, and this is not about Jabot.  If they take it too far, none of this is going to matter.  Jack says he wishes he had half her faith.  She says it is not a wish, it is a choice.  An emotional Traci asks Jack why he cannot just let Ash have this.  Jack wonders if his mother actually assumed that the two of them would have this eternal fight?  Traci says it was not that hard to predict.  Jack was the only son, groomed to lead.  Ash was smart, well-educated, but she was not John Abbott Jr.  Traci says, maybe it was to level the playing field or to force them to work together.  She say if the paper had come out years ago they would not be having this fight now.  Yes, Traci, that is exactly the point, and why is no one questioning why John kept it secret?  Jack asks Traci if she thinks about the time when mother left them.  She says no one ever talks about a mother who leaves, it was an unspoken, horrible thing that everyone pretended did not happen.  She says it was a different time then, when no one thought it was even a little off when a father called one of his daughters "my beauty".  Jack is stunned.  He says he never knew she felt that way, that she must know that dad loved her as much Ashley.  Crying, Traci says, she knows, it is just one of those things that you carry with you.  Okay, Traci made me cry.  As only she can.  I am also glad they finally went there and acknowledged how awful that must have been for Traci.  Flash back to Ash being mean to Traci about her drawing and ripping it away, and Jack and Ash fighting over it.  A vase falls and breaks, and John comes in asking who did this, and Jack points to Ash.  Hah!

Billy shows up at CL with his box of Jabot files where he bumps into Vic.  She can tell he is in a mood and asks him if it is about the company or about Phyllis.  He says it is not about Phyllis because they are done and yes, he paid her back, he fucked Vic's niece.  Okay, he left that last part off but he did indeed say to Dummer's aunt that he paid Phyllis back.  One day soon, she will find out and make that connection.  Vic is surprised that he had revenge sex and didn't hit her up for the job.  He says that would never happen because the whole point was to make it meaningless.  And she smiles at that.  Oh, boy.  Vic says she is glad that Philly are done.  She tells him he needs a stable, normal life and time to focus on his recovery.  They then joke about competing over the kids' Halloween activities.

Cane and Neil are at the prison.  They bring Lily in.  They are worried about her and she explains this how things are in prison and she is safe in solitary and the warden is on it.

Abby asks Arturo about Rey Rey, and he walks in.  She says they were just talking about him and asks him when his wife is coming to town.

Sharon storms into Nick's office and tells him to stay out of her life.  Nick thinks Rey Rey is way too wrapped up in her life.  Nick tells her he loves her and that is not going to change.  He tells her he will try to do better and that when they talk, it should be about the kids.  He asks if they could go trick or treating as a family.  She agrees, but says it is not as a family.

Young John is not angry about the vase, and Jack says it was just an accident.  John tells the kids that he has to be out that evening but they will have breakfast together, and he and Traci go to tell Mamie.  Remember Mamie?!  Young Ash lashes out at Jack for telling their dad it was her fault about the vase.  Jack says she didn't get in trouble, and what does she think would have happened if their dad thought it was him.  Ash tells her bro he can't do this every time he messes up, but says they do have to look out for each other.  Jack says their father wants him to grow up and help out, and that is what he is going to do.

Back in the present, everyone but Ash is in the Abbott living room.  Jack reports that Legal says the contract is legal and binding, no loopholes and it was filed with the patent office.  Traci says that means that anyone who wants to go against their parents' wishes will lose.  Billy says he has gone through his box of files and found nothing that would contradict the document.  Abby asks how many patents her mom is responsible for.  Kyle says, most of their bestsellers.  Once they take her products off of the shelves, they don't have much left.  Jack says this means they will have to sit with Ash and come to terms.  Traci says they can do this, they will make an agreement where their bonds come first, some kind of a compromise. Kyle scoffs at the idea of making nice.  Billy wants to know what kind of a compromise Ash would go for.  Jack says that they should make a very generous offer for her patents; Jabot has to be the sole owner, it is the only way to keep the company viable.  Ash arrives and says she assumes they have heard from their lawyers.  She looks at them and smugly says she wishes she could patent the looks on their faces.

Lily says the warden wants to move her to a new prison. Lily says it will be safer for her.  She knows the roles now and won't make the same mistakes.  Neil says it could be hundreds of miles away, and Lily says she couldn't survive that.  Lily says they are moving her tomorrow.

In a flashback, John shows Jack the divorce papers filed by Dina.

In the present Jack says he is glad Ash came back, and that Traci said it best, whatever they do next, they have to do as a family.  Kyle offers Ash a drink.  Ash chuckles, and says how quickly things change. Jack says they have to live up to the spirit of what their parents wanted.  For it to be fair and equitable for everyone, they have to come up with some kind of an agreement.  He suggests that they could give her a generous offer for her patents.  Traci says, some kind of a compromise, where she is given the love and the loyalty she deserves.  Ash says the document isn't just about love, it is about respect, respect for everything she has given to Jabot.  Everything she has done for this family with her hard work and expertise.  To save them the trouble of coming up with a number and sliding it across the table, she smugly says she doesn't want their money, she wants to be reinstated as CEO.

Well, that is a deal they should obviously take, but if they accept and she turns over the patents, how does this go wrong after all?  Since we know that

Spoiler

Ash is leaving.

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, bannana said:

Hey, young Ash is just as bitchy as old Ash!  I am recapping today in spite of the potential for spiking my blood pressure.

The Abbotts are in the living room and Jack has just dropped his bombshell about the document signing over everything to Ash.  Abby's the first one to react telling her mom that Dina always loved her.  Kyle says that Dina came back in the 90's hoping to work things out with John, and that they have no idea how she got him to sign the document.  They cannot rely on Dina's memory and John is gone. Traci tells Kyle to shut it unless he is willing to confess what he did.  Billy asks Ash if she put these false memories in Dina's head.  Ash says, no, she has no idea what Dina is talking about.  She tells her sister that she loves her, but she sees things differently and Traci is painting a rosy picture.  Ash says her mother was always who she was; she looks right through Ash now and that is how she always looked at her.  She wasn't there to rescue her as a child and she is not here to rescue her now.  Traci says there is proof and gives her the reassembled doc.  Jack tells Ash that Dina did love her.  Then we flash back to young Ash saying how she hates her mother. Jack tells her to stop saying that in front of Traci, and that there is no point in pretending she hates her mom.  Ash says she is not pretending and she told her dad she will look out after him.  Jack says they need their mom and if Ash didn't yell about hating her all the time she would come back.

Traci explains that Dina had John do this for Ash when she was already an adult.  Dina realized the remarkable woman she had grown into.  Dina needed to make amends, she just didn't want anyone to know it at the time.  Ash says, so she just let me go on resenting her?  Traci surmises that Dina wanted to look after Ash but not have her think it was about pity or that she was doing it to have Ash forgive her.  Okay, Traci, this makes no sense.  But let's play along.  John dies, Dina still has her faculties.  A) Why doesn't Dina have a copy of this document?  Why doesn't the Jabot legal counsel?  B) What good is gifting her all of this to show her that she is loved or to protect her, if Ash and no one else knows about it?  What would prevent Dina from telling Ashley?  But, carry on, Traci.  Traci says this document tells its own story, Dina loved her.  Ash, emotional, says, this is a gift, she never would have asked for nor expected this from the one person she gave up on so long ago.  Sob!  

Cane is at home with Why is Nate and he is on the phone with Mikey trying to get him to convince the warden to allow him to see Lily.  Neil arrives and is ready to help.

Sharon and Vic are at CL, and they have not heard from the blackmailer, but Vic says they will never be free even after the payment, because the blackmailer knows what they did.  This is their life now, waiting for the worst to happen.

Billy is reviewing the doc and asks Traci where she got it and Abby asks why it was shredded. Traci says Jack and Kyle should answer.  Kyle tells them how Dina was worked up over the convo with Ash, and that she said she had proof that she was a good mother and loved Ash.  She wanted Kyle to take her to John's office to look for a safe and he played along, but there actually was a safe.  Jack says that he and Kyle shredded the document.

Nick and Arturo are having a business meeting at the GCAC.  All is going smoothly and Nick is praising Arturo. Then he starts pressing him about Rey Rey.  Arturo says Rey Rey means well, but he can be extreme.  Meanwhile Rey Rey shows up at CL for coffee, and Sharon invites him to go out to a movie. He declines, saying Nick has warned him away.  She says she and Nick are over, and she was not asking him on a date, just as a friend, and she stomps out.  Vic observes all of this.

Abby is pissed that they found this life-changing doc and decided to destroy it.  They say it was for the good of the family.  She is outraged that they would make a decision for everyone else, no one else gets a vote.  Jack insists it was a precautionary measure, taken under intense pressure.  Ash is seething, saying Jack is so full of it, saying that his very instinct is to always take something from her, and says this is like the BAC all over again.  Jack says he didn't do this to Ash, she didn't even know it existed, no one did.  Ash shrieks, mother knew, daddy knew!  Jack defends himself saying he did it to keep the company from more upheaval and trauma.  Abby says that he claimed he wanted to make things right with her mother, and this is how he treats her?  Kyle talks about Ash's calculated torture against his dad and him, saying this was shredding a piece of paper no one knew about.  Ash wails that she is not important to either of them and Kyle is just like his father.  Ash grabs the document and sticks it in front of Jack's face and says, this was created because she matters to her mother and to her daddy.  It was an insurance policy because they knew the golden boy was going to try and get his grubby hands on everything.  Ash, tell me, WHAT KIND OF INSURANCE POLICY IS IT IF NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT??? ARGH!!! Ash says this was for her and Jack treated it like garbage just like he treated her.  Jack denies this.  Abby says it was a promise from John and Dina and he tried to erase it.  Kyle asks them how much they care about a few pieces of paper from John and Dina if it never came up.  John ran the business for years without taking it out of the safe, and if that way was fine with him, then....  Kyle is absolutely correct, but now Billy interjects and tells Kyle to shut it.  Billys says what they did is stupid, but this doc sets a precedent and opens up the potential floodgates to employee claims.  Jack nods in agreement.  Ash says, that is ridiculous, it specifically names Ash, it was to protect Ash, and Abby says, which clearly her mom needs.  Traci is exasperated, and asks why should a family need protection from its own, what is it going to take to see that they all have gone too far, this is shameful.  Ash tells Jack that he swore to her he was not trying to take her father away from her with the BAC, but then he shredded her father's last promise to her.  She says, she has it now, it's hers and she knows what her daddy wanted and he is going to have to suck it up and accept it.

Cane and Neil talk about Lily going up against the system and not backing down, and Neil says she is just like Dru.  Is this like the second Dru mention in as many months?  They all head to the prison.

Kyle says, so here they are, Dina had a heart after all, which everyone but Ash already knew (hah!).  He says they need to think about Jabot and vote to ignore the agreement.  Ash says they cannot wish it away with a vote.  Billy, of all people, says they don't know the legality and they are going to need lawyers to look it over.  Abby says, to try and undo it?  Ash says, good luck with that, wait till the press gets a hold of it.  Kyle tells her to go for it and go to the press, they would love to hear how she conned her ill mother into calling her son illegitimate.  Jack and Traci say, enough, and she says they are all adults, can they not act like it.  Jack says they need to protect their father's legacy, and Ash waves the doc in face, saying this is his legacy.  Traci says that their father wanted what was best for all of them, and asks them to focus on being the family he wanted them to be.  Ash whines that she was just persona non grata in this room not long ago, and Jack sighs heavily and rolls his eyes.  She scoffs that now they are supposed to join together in love and faith, and says that she is going to be put her faith in the document.  Ash says she is speaking to her attorney and going to find out her options, all of them, and she thanks Traci, and leaves.  Traci says Ash just needs to process this, she's been hurt too many times, but she loves this family.  An angry Jack tells Traci it is too late for her cheery optimism, it is not going to fix what is broken.  He asks her why she would give the doc to Ash, did she think it was going to bring peace to the family?  Flash back to little Traci with a drawing for her mom that says they miss her, and she wants to send it to their mom.  In the present, Traci rails at Jack and Kyle and says what they have done is disgusting.  It is an insult to their dad.  She tells Jack not to bully her for trying to force the family to see the truth today, it has been nothing but lies and tricks and schemes.  Traci says, no more!  Kyle says Ash didn't get that message.  Abby says Ash owes him nothing.  Billy says it proves they are an exceptionally devious group and he is over it, he is not picking sides, he is just worried about Jabot.  Jack says he will talk to legal about the document.  Abby says their family is falling apart and has wounds that will never heal and all they care about is screwing her mom out of what her parents wanted her to have.  Abby says she feels the same pain her mom feels, and she stomps out.  Kyle wants to know if there is another copy of the doc and a disgusted Traci asks if it would kill either one of them to think about human feelings before business.  Billy says this is getting out of hand, and Jack says if Ash truly owns those patents, they are in danger; without a CEO in place, Jabot could be in a death spiral.

Billy is at Jabot and Kyle shows up saying they have the same idea, checking the Jabot archives for anything that can undo the doc.  Billy and Kyle viciously snipe at each other about their various transgressions, and Billy leaves with the files.

Abby is at the GCAC telling Arturo that her family is imploding and that her family is selfish and vindictive, and that one person's act of kindness years ago makes everyone more vindictive now.  Um, Abby, that seems to be a very narrow read on the situation.

Jack is on the phone with legal telling them about the doc and asking them to review it.  Traci walks in, angry, and Jack apologizes to her for what he said.  She says Ash is their sister, and this is not about Jabot.  If they take it too far, none of this is going to matter.  Jack says he wishes he had half her faith.  She says it is not a wish, it is a choice.  An emotional Traci asks Jack why he cannot just let Ash have this.  Jack wonders if his mother actually assumed that the two of them would have this eternal fight?  Traci says it was not that hard to predict.  Jack was the only son, groomed to lead.  Ash was smart, well-educated, but she was not John Abbott Jr.  Traci says, maybe it was to level the playing field or to force them to work together.  She say if the paper had come out years ago they would not be having this fight now.  Yes, Traci, that is exactly the point, and why is no one questioning why John kept it secret?  Jack asks Traci if she thinks about the time when mother left them.  She says no one ever talks about a mother who leaves, it was an unspoken, horrible thing that everyone pretended did not happen.  She says it was a different time then, when no one thought it was even a little off when a father called one of his daughters "my beauty".  Jack is stunned.  He says he never knew she felt that way, that she must know that dad loved her as much Ashley.  Crying, Traci says, she knows, it is just one of those things that you carry with you.  Okay, Traci made me cry.  As only she can.  I am also glad they finally went there and acknowledged how awful that must have been for Traci.  Flash back to Ash being mean to Traci about her drawing and ripping it away, and Jack and Ash fighting over it.  A vase falls and breaks, and John comes in asking who did this, and Jack points to Ash.  Hah!

Billy shows up at CL with his box of Jabot files where he bumps into Vic.  She can tell he is in a mood and asks him if it is about the company or about Phyllis.  He says it is not about Phyllis because they are done and yes, he paid her back, he fucked Vic's niece.  Okay, he left that last part off but he did indeed say to Dummer's aunt that he paid Phyllis back.  One day soon, she will find out and make that connection.  Vic is surprised that he had revenge sex and didn't hit her up for the job.  He says that would never happen because the whole point was to make it meaningless.  And she smiles at that.  Oh, boy.  Vic says she is glad that Philly are done.  She tells him he needs a stable, normal life and time to focus on his recovery.  They then joke about competing over the kids' Halloween activities.

Cane and Neil are at the prison.  They bring Lily in.  They are worried about her and she explains this how things are in prison and she is safe in solitary and the warden is on it.

Abby asks Arturo about Rey Rey, and he walks in.  She says they were just talking about him and asks him when his wife is coming to town.

Sharon storms into Nick's office and tells him to stay out of her life.  Nick thinks Rey Rey is way too wrapped up in her life.  Nick tells her he loves her and that is not going to change.  He tells her he will try to do better and that when they talk, it should be about the kids.  He asks if they could go trick or treating as a family.  She agrees, but says it is not as a family.

Young John is not angry about the vase, and Jack says it was just an accident.  John tells the kids that he has to be out that evening but they will have breakfast together, and he and Traci go to tell Mamie.  Remember Mamie?!  Young Ash lashes out at Jack for telling their dad it was her fault about the vase.  Jack says she didn't get in trouble, and what does she think would have happened if their dad thought it was him.  Ash tells her bro he can't do this every time he messes up, but says they do have to look out for each other.  Jack says their father wants him to grow up and help out, and that is what he is going to do.

Back in the present, everyone but Ash is in the Abbott living room.  Jack reports that Legal says the contract is legal and binding, no loopholes and it was filed with the patent office.  Traci says that means that anyone who wants to go against their parents' wishes will lose.  Billy says he has gone through his box of files and found nothing that would contradict the document.  Abby asks how many patents her mom is responsible for.  Kyle says, most of their bestsellers.  Once they take her products off of the shelves, they don't have much left.  Jack says this means they will have to sit with Ash and come to terms.  Traci says they can do this, they will make an agreement where their bonds come first, some kind of a compromise. Kyle scoffs at the idea of making nice.  Billy wants to know what kind of a compromise Ash would go for.  Jack says that they should make a very generous offer for her patents; Jabot has to be the sole owner, it is the only way to keep the company viable.  Ash arrives and says she assumes they have heard from their lawyers.  She looks at them and smugly says she wishes she could patent the looks on their faces.

Lily says the warden wants to move her to a new prison. Lily says it will be safer for her.  She knows the roles now and won't make the same mistakes.  Neil says it could be hundreds of miles away, and Lily says she couldn't survive that.  Lily says they are moving her tomorrow.

In the present Jack says he is glad Ash came back, and that Traci said it best, whatever they do next, they have to do as a family.  Kyle offers Ash a drink.  Ash chuckles, and says how quickly things change. Jack says they have to live up to the spirit of what their parents wanted.  For it to be fair and equitable for everyone, they have to come up with some kind of an agreement.  He suggests that they could give her a generous offer for her patents.  Traci says, some kind of a compromise, where she is given the love and the loyalty she deserves.  Ash says the document isn't just about love, it is about respect, respect for everything she has given to Jabot.  Everything she has done for this family with her hard work and expertise.  To save them the trouble of coming up with a number and sliding it across the table, she smugly says she doesn't want their money, she wants to be reinstated as CEO.

Well, that is a deal they should obviously take, but if they accept and she turns over the patents, how does this go wrong after all?  Since we know that

Hide contents

Ash is leaving.

Thanks, Bannana, for watching and recapping.  

Any reason they can't settle this by burying Ashley in Chancellor Park with JT?  Just distract Abby with something shiny and send Traci out for coffee?  I'll spring for lunch.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, boes said:

Thanks, Bannana, for watching and recapping.  

Any reason they can't settle this by burying Ashley in Chancellor Park with JT?  Just distract Abby with something shiny and send Traci out for coffee?  I'll spring for lunch.

You are welcome, @boes

I am having some real conflicted feelings about this Ashley storyline.  I hate it, but I am presuming that it is meant to be a kind of Times Up story, so I should like it!  We are supposed to believe that Ashley has suffered from sibling harassment and discrimination her whole life.  These are real things for female children, but I cannot really buy that Ash suffered and was marginalized.  If she was entitled to the products she created, then surely her parents would have made that known to her and the Board of Directors. Why wouldn't they?  But now we know the patents have been registered, so we are to believe this story.

Jack certainly pulled some fast ones on Ashley, but he also protected her.  They have a fraught relationship.  I can relate.  But I certainly wouldn't go after my brother with a scorched earth approach because my feelings were hurt and he was the favourite and entitled one.

And I don't like Traci's approach of baring everything and thinking that will make the family heal. Some families do much better with leaving things unsaid, and just getting along because they are family.  At this point, they all have the knives out for each other.  Things cannot be unsaid or undone.  They are worse than the Newmans, which makes me sad.   Except the good thing is we don't have to see Prick.

What should have happened is that Jack should have sought legal counsel immediately, and once he knew the doc was real he should have met with Ash and Traci and informed them.  Then he would still have had the upper hand since he was the most recently aggrieved, and because he was being transparent.  But Jack always has to lose.  Sigh.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Jack can never be allowed to be the aggrieved party for any period of time.

LOL... that must be the first time I've ever read denial of aggrieved status as some sort of loss.  I could counter that with as many bad things Jack has done over the years... hardcore.  He wasn't always Aunt Jack.  Imagine in real life if your brother screwed your stepmother or lost your company out from under your father or... well, you follow.  The whole point of this is this is Jack.. he is complex, multi dimensional, good and bad... I found the scenes this week really great because all bar Traci they're all swung between victim and villain in the same scenes.  I think it's great.  And I cannot predict exactly what drives Ashley away in five days.  I think the writing is really good for this show.  I'm watching again.  But only the Abbott scenes.  

14 minutes ago, bannana said:

We are supposed to believe that Ashley has suffered from sibling harassment and discrimination her whole life.

Yup - from the character's point of view.  Entirely plausible, if not manifested.  That's often why things boil over. 

27 minutes ago, boes said:

Continuity error (redundant at this point) but didn't Dina divorce John in some Confederate state... the basis for an is the divorce valid storyline.

Edited by Big Blue Plate
  • Love 2

Please, could the prison board send Lily far, far, far away. Then Cane, the untalented twins and mystery Sam will move far, far, far away to be able to see her once a day or whatever. I am so sick and tired of this family plus Devon and Neil. Just let this family go. They are so very, very boring!

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Please, could the prison board send Lily far, far, far away. Then Cane, the untalented twins and mystery Sam will move far, far, far away to be able to see her once a day or whatever. I am so sick and tired of this family plus Devon and Neil. Just let this family go. They are so very, very boring!

I think this is

Spoiler

how they write Lily out, because she is supposed to be on recurring and rarely seen.

But I think we are stuck with the rest of them.

• Love 3

Abby was just angry at her mother for her DNA shenanigans; now she’s back to whining on her behalf. Whatever.

I feel Tracy’s pain. My mother would take my brother and me places, and people would just gush about how cute/handsome he was while I stood there like an invisible lump. It doesn’t take long for that to wear down your self esteem. 

This patent story is an affront to good storytelling. It is shit from top to bottom. It is a house of shit with little poop people living their shitty lives under a brown log roof. It is a solar system of shit where celestial crap spheres orbit a burning hot Taco Bell-induced steamer. Occasionally the deuce denizens see a magnificent colon comet streak across the sky. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of corn and diarrhea, signifying the need to flush. Apologies to the Bard.

• Love 15

I am so so tired of this damn "Crap on Jack" show. (I wish he'd tell Ash just "take it all if it makes you feel better. Jabot, CEO, credit, patents, whatever. Just stop whining!!!!")

And Traci, I loveya hon, but just because you remember your childhood one way doesn't mean that was the experience Jack & Ash had. (I still view my childhood one way & listening to my sister, you would think we had different parents & different homes.) You are just stirring the pot by telling them your version. The truth usually lies somewhere between the tales we tell ourselves and the tales others tell us.

Dragging all this old Abbott stuff  into the present  and having to create fake flashbacks to do so is not convincing me at all . Your rewriting history sucks, Show.

Edited by RedRockRosie
clarity mostly...
  • Love 14

They put a lot of effort into those flashbacks to reveal nothing new. Show has mostly been consistent with Daddy doted on Ash and Dina had the easiest relationship with Jack.

Why not show scenes of John being a difficult husband. Absent and dismissive in an old fashioned way. Not cruel because he wasn’t. Just clueless and self absorbed. They hinted at it with a few comments in the flashbacks but she was still just cruel. I mean telling her son she’s leaving but “keep it a secret!” 

As for explaining Ashley and Jack’s motivation for being competitive and especially crazy since Dina came back it’s simple. When mom is around they immediately revert to the ages they were when she left. Plus now they are in fight or flight mode because she’s leaving them again.

BM should have had a huge Emmy blow out scene where she rips into Jack and Ash for being parents’ favourites and prom kings and queens and given every advantage while she was forgotten (and continues to be by Dina) and of course the Beauty stuff (but way more than they did). She tried to kill herself FFS. 

Just say SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET OVER YOURSELVES!!! You are the Crown Prince and Princess. And I’m shit. Jack was groomed as CEO and Dina’s obvious favourite and she pushed John for this contract for Ash?? What about me? And am I plotting schemes and shredding documents?

Move on. Grow up. I have. Our parents were human. Whatever. 

Done. And powerful. And Dina gets sympathy instead of being painted as a caricature. 

• Love 17