Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

You notice how moody Billy was with Phyllis? She had to keep trying to get his attention. He even got defensive when Victor was all "Team Philly" cause that meant he was away from Victoria. Billy had to remind Victor that he wasn't leaving her life. And Phyllis tossed him one hell of a look too. They haven't been a public couple 24 hours yet and he already a mess.

OMG they really had Hilary hiding and listening to Devon and Mariah having sex. That was insane. This rivalry is just not okay. It is making them all look so bad and juvenile. 

Chelsea and Jordan knew each other as teenagers and got into some trouble together. They both agree to keep it hush hush.

Nikki and Tess are Katherine and Amber 2.0

What I noticed during the "normal couple on the couch" scene was that MaybeCarlivatiwillhireyouforDaysBilly was rather ignoring Phyllis and watching/listening to sports on TV. In fact, he didn't respond to her conversation for a few beats. #prayingfortroubleinparadise

Yup, having Hilary do a soapy hide/surreptitious witness was that old "now you're going to suffer" thing, and it was wonky.

Can we hope for a return to grifteritude for Chelsea and some sleazy stuff with Jordan?

• Love 9
11 hours ago, crowsworks said:

I was just following the age old Soap Law that decrees -- Have sex with two men in one week and WTD is on some writer's 'original Idea list'

Well, in this case, the show enjoys painting Hilary as some lose whore. So I don't think it applies. 

In regards to MIM not being pregnant and baby weight being hard to lose, I don't think she looks pregnant at all. I think she looks fantastic in her clothes!

• Love 6

Hi Preverts, I will try to do a recap of Friday's ep but that won't be till Sunday.  I won't have time before then to watch it.  Haven't watched yesterday's yet, but it sounds like I missed a good one to recap, drat!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, bannana said:

Hi Preverts, I will try to do a recap of Friday's ep but that won't be till Sunday.  I won't have time before then to watch it.  Haven't watched yesterday's yet, but it sounds like I missed a good one to recap, drat!

Ah bannana, I so await your coverage of the scene in which Victorstein upbraids Nikki for "disgracing the fambly name" by playing the piano in her son's bar. EB doesn't often get me talking to the screen, but I couldn't hold back the Yosemite Sam splutters, especially when he went for the "repetition" thing, which is either sloppy acting or declining memory or just his natural fascism.

• Love 12
On 2017-5-4 at 6:25 PM, PatsyandEddie said:

So Katie needs to talk to Daddy on the phone and Phyl has to put on a sexay outfit in order to compete? Same old same old eh Phyl? ?

I thought it was a compromise, sit and listen to babble, or change. I'd change..lol

22 hours ago, Gam2 said:

In regards to MIM not being pregnant and baby weight being hard to lose, I don't think she looks pregnant at all. I think she looks fantastic in her clothes!

I don't think so either. But her stomach isn't flat. I guess folks don't expect that for a woman her size. 

Jack sees Hilary at CL where she is distractedly dumping a ton of sugar in her coffee.   It turns out she is really upset about her divorce.  Wow, Hilary is a very mixed up woman.  She did everything she could to ruin her marriage and push Devon away, and now she is depressed.  Jack gives her a pep talk.  It is not really worth typing up.

So this is the morning after stairs sex, and not even carpeted stairs.  Post coital bliss is still in the air as Mariah and Devon talk about their relationship in front of said stairs.  Devon is shirtless and he looks pretty fine, and I don’t even like Devon.  He gets distracted when he notices his door is unlocked, because he is sure he locked it.  Mariah says she needs to get going or she will be late for work, but he wants her to stay and share a shower.  She says she has to go home to change.  He tells her that Hilary left behind a bunch of clothes, and Mariah is all: no way!  He convinces her that Hilary won’t care because she left them behind and some even have the tags still on them. So Mariah decides to wear one of Hilary’s abandoned dresses.

At Jabot, Neil drops by to tell Ash that Hamilton Winters is looking to acquire Mergeron Enterprises.  Ash is not shy about her dislike for Dina and warns Neil about her.  Jack arrives and they fill him in on the situation.  Neil is summoned by Devon to his apt, where he is checking the lock on his door again.  Ash tells Jack that she believes that Dina is up to something and that the deal with HW is a ploy that has something to do with them.  When Ash says she wants Dina to stay out of their lives for good, Jack says she is speaking for herself, because in his mind, no matter what, Dina is still their mother.  Ash is astounded.

Scott is also at CL, where Abby tells him to ensure that he includes her Acting CEO title in her chapter!  He tells her there is no more book.  Abby suggests he write an article about her, and he literally laughs out loud.  She tells him she is serious and pitches it for him.  He says he is not surprised that she knows how to market herself, and tells her he has seen her Naked Heiress videos, which she thinks is creepy (wait, Abby, you were the one who was naked online, don’t clutch your pearls).  He tells her he didn’t have to search for them because someone did a mash-up which is now trending.  She freaks out and grabs his computer to search herself.  She is horrified at what she finds.  He blows it off saying, what’s the big deal, and explains to her that the internet is forever.  She says it was ages ago and that it was for a reality show she wanted and that she didn’t think she would have to deal with it years later.  Is it possible that they are making Abby dumber and dumber.  I guess now that the real Dummer is on a permanent vacation in Cyprus or wherever, they need to fill the stupid quota.  She is freaking out and lashes out at Scott for some reason.  She rails on and on about her professional accomplishments and everything that she has worked so hard for.  HAHAHA!!!

Drinki is sorting through the mail (and it is a big pile!) and haughtily drops what is presumably Pricktor’s mail on a table.  I like that she has the haughty air even when there is no one there to see it.  She rounds the corner just as Prick comes in the front door and I swear her nose rose by three inches.   Prick is reviewing his mail and Drinki tells him to go back to the guest house to do so.  Prick mentions that he had an interesting evening, that he saw her perform with “that music teacher”.  He tells her that Noah called him, because he still thinks that they are blissfully happily married.  Drinki says that their performance is working then.  He says that her performance last night was something and remarks that she really enjoyed herself.  Drinki says that music has always been an escape from life’s miseries.  Prick tells her there is one more misery she can take off the list of her complaints against him.  He says he listened to her and is no longer doing the biography.   He says that he thought cancelling the book would make her happy, but she says it wasn’t about her happiness, it was about protecting the family from his mistakes.  He thinks she is being unreasonable carrying on this contempt she has for him, and says they fought before, and always reconciled.  She says she will not cave this time.  He talks about her performing with that woman, and wonders if she is going to continue, and she says she is, she can do whatever she wants including stripping.  NO DRINKI NO!!!  He tells her that she is still Mrs. Victor Newman and she better not embarrass him or the Newman name.  HAHAHA!!  Oh Pricktor, with your long list of felonies and bad acts, there is nothing Drinki could to diminish the Newman name.

Hilary looks stunning in a red jumpsuit, but she is a cat on a hot tin roof.  When Mariah arrives, Hilary goes off on Mariah, and Mariah says, grinning: yes, it is true, my life was sad and pathetic before Devon showed me the world, and blew my mind.  Hilary flashes back to the evening before when she eavesdropped on stairs sex.  When Mariah takes off her coat right before they go on air, Hilary is furious and tells her to change, because Hil recognizes the dress.  There’s no time, and then they immediately go on the air and snipe at each other.  Hil does a blind item about Devon and his new girl, who she calls sad and pitiful and Mariah is seething.  I gotta say, the Hilary Hour is a pretty bad show, especially with this mean girls theme.  I wonder who is watching it.  After the taping, the girls get into it again, with Mariah goading Hil about her dating Devon.  More sniping and then Hilary says she is taking back everything that is hers and she tries to rip the dress off of Mariah, who then says: you bitch!  And attacks her.  I am not confident that this is proper workplace behaviour.

Tessa is on the phone with a mysterious someone and says that Drinki is like her new best friend. She says: you wouldn’t believe how these people live. And:  I think I’ll be able to take care of things now.  Finally.  She then sees Noah come in and says:  I gotta go; everything will be okay, I promise. 

Noah talks with Tessa about how great the performance was and he shows her a photo he took of her and Drinki that he is going to post on the UG site, and he realizes she is wearing the same outfit.  She says was too exhausted to go home so she crashed in her car.  Wait, how far can her home be?  Does she live in that cabin in the woods?  He tells her next time, just let him know and he will drive her home.  I was sure he was going to tell her that she could stay in the weird office/storage room at the UG.  Tessa tells him that Drinki is so fantastic and didn’t even fire her when she messed up some work for her benefit.  Noah tells her that it is a benefit for a cause close to Drinki’s heart and the benefit raises most of the money for the year for the women’s shelter.  So is Tessa really going to somehow siphon away funds raised for the women’s shelter?  Wouldn’t it be less tacky to just steal her jewellery?  Tessa says she needs to get to work and so needs to go get a change of clothes.  Before she leaves they agree to talk about the date they are going to have.

Prick is at work and his accountant shows him an unexplained payment for a real estate transaction.  When Abby arrives, he asks her about it.  She tries to cover, badly, by blowing it off as a drop in the corporate bucket, and that it’s found money.  She flounces off to her office, but Prick is not convinced, even though he doesn’t let Abby know it.  Scott arrives at Newman after being summoned by Prick.  Prick offers him an executive position.  He says that Scott has exactly the skill set he needs.  Scott would work directly with Prick and learn every aspect of the business.  Scott is skeptical but Prick tells him that he owes him.  Scott says: when do I start, and Prick tells him that he wants him to keep an eye on Abby. 

Meanwhile Abby texts Jack that Prick found the building payment but that she handled it.  Ash and Jack get into it about Dina, and Ash calls her vile, vicious, and  cold, which I guess is foreshadowing that she is not.

Dina calls Devon and Neil and tells them that she is going to accept their offer.  They are ecstatic.

Drinki is walking through a rather seedy looking parking lot and espies Tessa by her car, changing her clothes.  And by changing her clothes I mean she smells them to make sure they are passable and she takes off her top and puts another one on right there in broad daylight.  Drinki realizes that Tessa is living in her car. 

Previews:  Abby walks in on Prick and Scott meeting, and she says, Sorry, I’ll come back, and Prick says: that’s alright, Scott is the reason I asked you to come back.  A dishevelled Hilary is at Devon’s apartment, where he is sitting on the couch with Neil.  She must have let herself in and she rails at Devon:  What the hell were you thinking giving my clothes to that thirsty bitch!  Jordan to Chelz:  you need something, and she says: yeah, and you are the only who can help me.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Hmmm, I wonder who Tessa is working with? Jordan? Oh, oh, I know! Ian Ward!

I feel like it is someone like her mother, or maybe a sibling.  And I think it is somehow connected to Drinki's stripping which keeps getting mentioned, as well as the Bayou.

• Love 5
On 5/6/2017 at 5:40 PM, DivaT said:

I don't think so either. But her stomach isn't flat. I guess folks don't expect that for a woman her size. 

I wasn't commenting on her terrific figure....just IF she is they really have to write it in this time. No Big Damn Bouquets and November outdoor coma weeks

• Love 3

Nicki sitting playing at the club , that made me laugh. She can't act for beans, and she looks like she has a bad smell under her nose.

Abby/Neil so boring . Hillary, so jealous.

Hilary and Mariah’s catfight is pretty brutal and frankly embarrassing.  It ends with them both on the floor.   Mariah says:  that felt good.  Hil tells Mariah she can wear her clothes and have sex with Devon, but she will never replace her in his heart.  Hilary leaves with the dress she ripped off of Mariah.  Mariah appears to feel triumphant.

Chelz and Kevin are at the Chancellor Park Cafe.  Kevin fills her in on paternity stuff.  Chelz rants about Chloe, but Kevin says she is ill, and wants to know how she got released in the first place.  Chelz says Chloe is responsible for her own actions, and that Chloe likes to toy with people’s lives. 

Nick is at the Ranch praising Drinki for her performance and they talk about the benefit.  Nick is also worried that all of the subterfuge with Prick is wearing her down, but she says:  that man will not break me.  Then Drinki tells Nick that she thinks Tessa is homeless.  Nick is worried that Drinki is going to take on Tessa’s problems and increase her stress level.  Drinki says she has to help Tessa, because she was once in her situation. 

Devon and Neil are at the penthouse, discussing their acquisition.  Hilary barges in, her beautiful red jumpsuit appearing to be torn in several places, and shrieks at Devon:  what the hell were you thinking when you gave my clothes to that thirsty bitch!  Neil and Devon ask what happened to her and she says it was a messy situation at work.  Devon wants to know how she got into the penthouse, and she says with her keys.  He tells her he is going to get the locks changed.  Wow, Devon, that is brilliant and quick thinking on your part.  Neil is amazed that Devon would give Hil’s clothes to Mariah, but he decides to extricate himself from the situation.  Devon says to Hil that she left the clothes behind. She says she is living in a hotel and could not take it all with her.  He tells her to get a storage unit.  Ouch.  She is furious because she didn’t ask for anything from him in the divorce and now she can’t even leave some of her things there.  She stomps upstairs, but pauses on the sexy time stairs to flash back.

Scott realizes that Prick wants him to spy on Abby.  Prick says he wants Scott to help her hone her street skills!  He says Scott has written about the business world, therefore he knows a lot.  Scott says he doesn’t want to be a babysitter.  Abby arrives.  Prick tells Abby that Scott is going to work with her.  She is not happy about this.  She and Scott snipe at each other.  Prick says Scott is qualified.  He is going to be Senior VP of Special Projects.  Abby wants to talk to Prick alone, and she says:  it’s good to know how little you think of me.

Now Mariah is with Kevin at the Café and they are talking about Bella, and Mariah is elated for Kevin. She tells him that she and Devon are a thing, and he is happy for her.  Tessa is also at the Café, performing for tips.  Kevin leaves and Mariah talks to Tessa, who tells her she performed with Drinki at the UG.  They talk about Drinki, and Tessa sees her differently than Mariah does, and sounds like she admires her.  Mariah tells her that sometime when Tessa is at the Ranch, they should catch some rays at the pond, and have a few cocktails.  So that made me wonder, did the pool go up in flames as well?  Are they relegated to having to swim in the pond?

Chelz is back at her place with Jordan.  They talk about their past collaborations. Chelz tells Jordan she needs his help.  She tells him about Chloe.  She wants justice for Adam and to do that she needs to find Chloe.  Apparently, Jordan used to forge passports.  But he says he is no longer in touch with that world.  She makes an emotional appeal, and he says we will make some calls.  And they hug. 

Hil has picked up some of her clothes and Devon now says she doesn’t have to take it all today.  She says she wants to because she doesn’t want the women he is sleeping with wearing her clothes.  He tells her he won’t touch her things, and asks her how does she know if he is sleeping with someone.  Hil points out that was why Mariah was wearing her dress, and suggests he intended for her to deduce that, and certainly Mariah intended that.  Devon wants to know why Hil cares about who he is sleeping with, since they are divorced.  She says she doesn’t care, she just doesn’t want anyone he sleeps with wearing her clothes.  She stomps into the hallway and then stops to tell Devon that she has been sleeping with Jordan for weeks, and says: and it has been off the chain!  And Jordan overhears, cause he just left Chelz’ place, and he says to Hil: guess you schooled him.  He is not happy being her boy toy and being used so she can make Devon jealous.  Hilary tries to explain and their voices are quite loud, so Chelz comes into the hall and asks Jordan if everything is okay.  Hil wants to know how they know each other and Chelz says they met at fashion week.  Hil says she and Jordan are dating, and he is surprised to hear that, since the other day he was just a friend, a secret.  Chelz extricates herself.  He says maybe they should just go their separate ways.

Abby tells Prick that now she understands why Vic bailed, because he has no respect for women.  Prick is offended by this.  Abby says Scott’s only qualification is that he is a man, and that he owes Prick his life.  She is furious that she is being put in this position.  She feels that she is being tested, and he acknowledges that everyone has to earn his trust.   She says she ran the company successfully for the five minutes he was out of town.  She finally relents and says she will work with Scott.  Scott returns and Prick leaves.  Abby tells Scott that she doesn’t like him.  Wow, didn’t that just start earlier in the day, cause when she first arrived at CL she greeted him warmly.  A few hours later, and now she doesn’t like him.  She tells him he cannot so much as order a paper clip without her authorization.  He says: you want me to keep quiet and look pretty; that I can definitely learn from you.  He tells her while she has been blowing her daddy’s trust fund, he was working in conditions that would make the blond jump off her head.  Ouch!  Scott says he can be a valuable asset to Newman.  He also tells her that he reports directly to Prick, and Prick alone.  He works with, not for, Abby.  And he says, see you tomorrow partner, and leaves and she is seething.

Tessa shows up at the Ranch, and mistakenly thinks that Drinki was upset at being coerced on stage, but she says she loved it.  Drinki tells Tessa that she wants her to move in because they will be so busy with the benefit.  She will have her own suite of rooms, and Drinki says Prick is rarely around.  Drinki says this will be a chance for Tessa to save some money on food and gas, and be able to save up.  Tessa is overwhelmed, and they hug.  Prick walks in and hears Drinki tell her to go get her things so she can move in.  Tessa leaves, and I swear Drinki’s nose rose by several inches, when she tells Prick: don’t even think about objecting, she’s a lovely girl, she needs some help.  He questions why she allowing Tessa to move in, what does she know about her, and how can she make this decision without him.  She reminds him that she is living this lie to keep him out of prison and to protect the family.  She tells him he must do what he does best, which is to put on an act, and he will have to do whatever she tells him to do.  He says he will go along with this charade for as long as he permits it, but no longer than that.

Chelz and Nick are at the penthouse and she fills him in on the Bella paternity thing, and the letters she sent.  Chelz says Chloe is cunning like she used to be and now she is going to fight fire with fire, and Nick is not happy about this.  Chelz is frustrated that the police are getting nowhere searching for Chloe.  Chelz then says that Nick is right and there is nothing she can do, so she apparently is going to keep this from him now.

Hil and Jordan are now at GC Buzz and she is trying to appease him for using him in her fight with Devon.  Jordan doesn’t like the way she has treated him, and she apologizes and says she is struggling with the divorce, but now she is all good.  She comes onto him and he pushes her away, saying, don’t even try, I am not as dumb as you think I am.  Jordan says he thinks he is nothing more than a prop, that she never shows the passion for him that she does for Devon.  He tells her: when you find out what you really want, hit me up, and then he leaves.

Mariah is now at the penthouse with Devon and he sees the scratches on her.  She tells him she got the best of Hil and that she got the message that she and Devon are for reals.

Previews:  Phyllis to Vic:  Do you have a second, and she replies, not really; and Phyllis says: this won’t take long.  Jack to Abby in his office:  You’re going to have play this very carefully, and Ash walks in and says: Play what carefully?  Jordan to Chelz:  I promised you I would ask, and I did, but you are not going to like what I found out.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Wow... this Dina storyline has amazing momentum.

And on top of everything else, she's now been exposed to the Winters Hamilton syndrome, for which there is currently no cure.

Ashley should be pleased.  Her awful Mama will soon be terminally bored to death.

• Love 11

Can Mop help Phyl into an elevator that hasn't arrived yet? Vic needs to stop acting like Prick's Geisha and start acting like Pricktoria. SOMEONE please mention Phyl took their daughter Lucy away from them. We have to hear about the kid Bill left in the car alone/wearing black/at night/with an un-leashed puppy so she got turned into roadeilia. Lucy was grudingly taken by her dad so Phyl wouldn't drag them all into court so SHE could get custody. We can't see any flashbacks though since the Wildebeast is gone and i don't think GT is anxious to be granny-adjacent. 

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Hey, it's 2017.  Enough with the fucking catfights. 

Exactly.  This is the sort of thing more appropriate to Senate hearings and Supreme Court nominees these days than daytime tv.  

• Love 12
(edited)

Abby tells Prick that now she understands why Vic bailed, because he has no respect for women.  Prick is offended by this.  Abby says Scott’s only qualification is that he is a man, and that he owes Prick his life.  She is furious that she is being put in this position.  She feels that she is being tested, and he acknowledges that everyone has to earn his trust.  

Not a fan of Abby (don't hate her, but find her mostly irritating) and the storyline of her meteoric rise to power at Newman has been rushed and dumb, but I have to say 'bravo' to her for verbalizing this. This scenario where the male journalist without an ounce of business experience is going to be set to watch her on Victor's behalf is just gross. Certainly it proves what a misogynist Victor is, but it doesn't do Scott any favors either with him going along with it and insisting that he works "with" Abby not for her. Yes Abby was the Naked Heiress (so stupid), but Scott has no idea what she's been doing since then and the condescending dialogue they've written for him in his interactions with her just make him seem as much of an ass as Victor. 

I want Scott with Sharon, but if they're putting him in a chem test with Abby, how about his being a bit humble about his lack of business experience? How about he says, 'hey, your grandfather wants me to work with you and I owe him for the $10 million ransom, so I'm going along with it, but I know I don't know anything about this business, so...' Instead he's all like 'I was in dangerous places in the world and you're just a blonde bimbo so I'm entitled to consider myself your equal as a business co-worker'. This has Mal Young's fingerprints all over it. It's sexist and meant to be rom-com snarky, hate you, now I love you stuff, but it's just so sexist and gross.

I would guess that Sally wrote the scenes that Scott has had with Sharon and this stuff with Abby? Mal Young all the way. 

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 13

if mal is set on abby and scott then i really really hope there is a scene of sharon and scott discussing how they are besties but not ones with benefits....there is NO WAY i want sharon to be involved romantically with him if he is romancing abby too.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, bannana said:

She says she ran the company successfully for the five minutes he was out of town.

Didn't Dummer and her Spanotalian Prince also run the company with Turd's approval?

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

if mal is set on abby and scott then i really really hope there is a scene of sharon and scott discussing how they are besties but not ones with benefits....there is NO WAY i want sharon to be involved romantically with him if he is romancing abby too.

Wait for it. This show is full of nonsensical triangles. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Not a fan of Abby (don't hate her, but find her mostly irritating) and the storyline of her meteoric rise to power at Newman has been rushed and dumb, but I have to say 'bravo' to her for verbalizing this. This scenario where the male journalist without an ounce of business experience is going to be set to watch her on Victor's behalf is just gross. Certainly it proves what a misogynist Victor is, but it doesn't do Scott any favors either with him going along with it and insisting that he works "with" Abby not for her. Yes Abby was the Naked Heiress (so stupid), but Scott has no idea what she's been doing since then and the condescending dialogue they've written for him in his interactions with her just make him seem as much of an ass as Victor. 

I want Scott with Sharon, but if they're putting him in a chem test with Abby, how about his being a bit humble about his lack of business experience? How about he says, 'hey, your grandfather wants me to work with you and I owe him for the $10 million ransom, so I'm going along with it, but I know I don't know anything about this business, so...' Instead he's all like 'I was in dangerous places in the world and you're just a blonde bimbo so I'm entitled to consider myself your equal as a business co-worker'. This has Mal Young's fingerprints all over it. It's sexist and meant to be rom-com snarky, hate you, now I love you stuff, but it's just so sexist and gross.

I would guess that Sally wrote the scenes that Scott has had with Sharon and this stuff with Abby? Mal Young all the way. 

Definitely rom com. There scenes reminded me of Moonlighting. Definitely Mal. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DivaT said:

Definitely rom com. There scenes reminded me of Moonlighting. Definitely Mal. 

Yes Mal, the second stupidest Newman is in the same class as Cybill Shepard. You go with that buddy.

• Love 6

(no time today to proofread, so I hope it makes sense!)

Billy is wearing his Pee Wee Herman outfit when he drops by Vic’s.  He is checking in on Katie, but she’s already gone to school.  Billy discusses how he wants to remain in the kids’ lives.  Vic says he can come by every night if he wishes, but Phyllis probably would not like it.  Billy says she will be fine.  Rut roh.

Phyllis is with Nick at CL talking about her affair with Billy, and Vic’s feelings.  Nick tells Phyllis that Vic didn’t mean to push Billy away and she had reasons to do so.  Phyllis doesn’t seem to care that she is getting Vic’s reject.  Jack assures her that he has moved on.  He says:  Phyllis and I never stood a chance.  We had one perfect moment, the wedding.  We were doomed after that because of what Pricktor did to us.  There was a chasm there we could never overcome.  Billy took advantage of that.  Ash wants to know if Jack could ever reconcile with Billy.   He replies that the chances of that are between slim and none.

Jack and Ash are in his office and he has filled her in on Philly.   Ash is concerned about his feelings because he says he is fine with it.

Jordan is with Chelz at her penthouse.  He could find no intel for her.  He says whoever helped Chloe would have major cash and underground connections.  Chelz says Chloe doesn’t anyone like that who would have helped her.  With Jordan’s encouragement, Chelz decides press on regardless.

Prick is meeting with the Bobbsey Twins in his office.  He tasks them with getting a digital media company or something like that.  Abby is not happy and shows it as she leaves the meeting.  Prick tells Scott what he wants to know about Abby:  who she associates with, what tasks she takes on herself, what she delegates to others, areas that she is less than transparent in.  Scott wants to know why he doesn’t trust Abby, and he replies that ambition does things to people.

Abby is now at Jabot and tells Jack that the Prick book is off, but Scott is not gone, in fact he is in at Newman.  Abby thinks that she is going to be pushed out, that Scott is Prick’s honorary son.  Jack advises her to keep her eye on both of them, and play it carefully, which Ash overhears as she walks in.  Abby fills in Ash on the Scott thing, and Ash tells her not to follow Jack’s advice. At Newman, Prick tells Scott to wear a suit from now on.

Cane and Juliet are B&S and they are are still writing that freaking press release!  They discuss the opportunity this Billy fiasco provides.  Billy and Vic arrive and they are happy with the press release!  Billy pitches a marketing idea for TV advertising and Cane pooh poohs it, but Vic loves it.  Gee, this whole Billy being on the outs with Vic is not going Cane’s way at all.  Vic has a staff meeting and tells everyone about the TV campaign.  Everyone except Cane is excited.  They are going to LA for the shoot.

Scott is at CL when Phyllis sees him and he tells her there is no more book and he is working at Newman.  Phyllis tells Scott that Prick is now holding him hostage because he saved his life.

Chelz and Nick are at the penthouse and she tells him that she cannot let the Chloe thing go.  She has figured out Chloe has an accomplice, and she wants Prick’s help find both of them.  She is talking about Chloe needing a fake passport etc, but he tells her to let the professionals handle it.  She can’t figure out why he is so reticent to find Chloe when he was relentless to prove her guilt in the first place.  She is angry and she tells him to leave.

Ash is at Newman berating Prick for hiring an investigative journalist to keep an eye on Abby, that it is demeaning to Abby.  He again mentions the special skills Scott has.  Prick calls Scott to join them at Newman, and when he does, he asks Scott to describe his new position to Ash.  Which he does and Ash is satisfied.  And then Ash and Scott have a little chat and it appears we are going to possibly get a repeat of the Ben situation with mom and daughter!

Jack gives Phyllis an assignment, to apply an economic report’s findings to Fenmore’s.  It’s going to require a lot of overtime.  Phyllis figures he is punishing her.  He says her personal life is of no interest to him.  Jack says she is probably feeling guilty because Vic is putting the screws to Billy.  Phyllis says it is actually the opposite.  Jack is surprised and says that Vic is a Newman and they don’t like to lose, but if Philly are as solid as she says, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Cane and Lily get into a squabble because of his obsession with Billy, and she thinks he should let it go, not to mention this advertising campaign is good for her.  Vic and Billy and Juliet are in a meeting and she tells Juliet she is reassigning her to Billy.  Jules is worried about how Cane will take it, but Vic says, leave it to me.  When Vic talks to Cane, he handles it professionally.  Vic goes to a meeting and lo and behold she bumps into Phyllis as she is waiting for the elevator.  Why Vic would even talk to her, I don’t know, but Vic says:  I assume you are here to see Billy, and Phyllis says she is, but would like to talk to Vic first.  Phyllis apologizes to Vic for the things she said to Vic.  Vic says all is fine with her and Billy, and they hashed things out when he stopped by in the morning, and Phyllis clearly didn’t know about that.  She also mentions that Billy will see them every night, and Phyllis is totally fine with it, she says.  Vic says not many girlfriends would like their boyfriend to spend time with his ex.  To which she replies that Vic and Billy spent a lot of time together at work and with the kids and he still ended up with her!  Vic says she has to let things go.  And Phyllis says Billy texted her about something exciting at work and she can’t wait to celebrate with him.  To which Vic says she approved his idea and they will be travelling to LA together and it should be a trip to remember.

Jordan and Lily are at CL, and they talk about the Cane/Billy conflict.  She is really excited about the commercial, and Jordan says he is going to be with her throughout.

Billy and Cane are squabbling again.  Cane says he is just waiting for Billy to screw up as he inevitably will.

Prick tells Abby that Ash is with Scott.  Prick says if Abby didn’t give him any reason to doubt her loyalty that she has nothing to worry about.

Chelz remembers when Prick got her and Adam passports.

Previews:  Abby to Ash: I am sure he is drooling at the thought of finding proof that I am not this loyal daughter, and Ash says, only if there is something to be found; Jack to Vic: you are keeping him at B&S for business or personal reasons?; Phyllis to Jules:  Do you know where he went, and she replies, Vic’s house.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I want Scott with Sharon, but if they're putting him in a chem test with Abby, how about his being a bit humble about his lack of business experience? How about he says, 'hey, your grandfather wants me to work with you and I owe him for the $10 million ransom, so I'm going along with it, but I know I don't know anything about this business, so...'

Hey, Poptart- are you throwing shade at Prictor because he's 150 years old with a 20something year old daughter? LOL. 

• Love 5

10 HOURS AGO,  POP TART SAID: 

I want Scott with Sharon, but if they're putting him in a chem test with Abby, how about his being a bit humble about his lack of business experience? How about he says, 'hey, your grandfather wants me to work with you and I owe him for the $10 million ransom, so I'm going along with it, but I know I don't know anything about this business, so...'

Hey, Poptart- are you throwing shade at Prictor because he's 150 years old with a 20something year old daughter? LOL. 

Ha! Caught me. You know I started to type father and then 'corrected' myself because I was suddenly sure he was too old and had to be grandfather. I know the whole story - still hate, hate the fact that they disappeared Brad as her dad - and still my brain could only think grandpa.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I know the whole story - still hate, hate the fact that they disappeared Brad as her dad -

Same here. I don't care if Victor is her biological dad- Brad helped to raise her. Why can't she be "Abigail Carlton-Newman"? 

• Love 2

The only thing I learned in today's episode is that Jabot and Newman have very different dress codes. At Newman men are expected to wear suits, as Victor informed Scott. At Jabot, apparently evening cocktail dresses are acceptable daytime wear for women. Phyll was decked out first thing in the morning in a maroon off the shoulder number with a mesh plunging v-shaped neckline, revealing the girls. Mind you she spent little time at Jabot as she was too busy having coffee at Crimson Lights, and stalking Billy at B&S. She did spend a bit of time at the office with Jack, who was likely just happy to have her show up at work at all. As opposed to riding up and down the elevator, with or without Billy. Good help is hard to find. 

• Love 6

I despise Abby, mostly for things that are outside her control like her disgusting, vile conception via spank bank larceny. Her meteoric rise in the corporate realm is idiotic, but hey, nepotism is the hip thing these days. Still, giving her a babysitter with no bidness experience beyond possession of a penis is gross. Must I again point out that it's 2017? And Brad Carlton would never demand loyalty tests like a mummified midwestern Stalin. To sum up: fuck this entire storyline in the neck.

Victoria, you are thirsty for a pasty prolapsed rectum who is currently delivering man milk to a woman who once picked nits out of your brother's pubic hair. Please locate some self respect. Who wants to lay bets on whether or not a catfight between Red and Mop is on the horizon? Romcomcom!

Now we have Chelsea, another character I am not fond of yet find myself feeling sorry for. Imagine playing second banana in the brains department to a baboon who once did a science project on farting while masturbating. Conclusion: Mind blowing but messy with enough research data to choke a chicken. Don't remind us she was once a con artist by having her associate with a former fellow scammer one moment and then dumbing her down the next just so Nick can look like Columbo. "Sir, one more thing. Rrrrrriiiipppp. Ahhhh. You may want to light a match."

• Love 9

Victoria, you are thirsty for a pasty prolapsed rectum who is currently delivering man milk to a woman who once picked nits out of your brother's pubic hair. Please locate some self respect. Who wants to lay bets on whether or not a catfight between Red and Mop is on the horizon? Romcomcom!

I agree with this - hate the idea of Victoria chasing after Billy (beyond gross) - but I will admit to finding some pleasure in how much Phyllis's nose is getting out of joint because of Vic. It's only been what, a day? in show time, and yet Phyllis is already starting to lurk around corners in fear that Victoria is going to take away her man (shuddddder and swallowing of vomit). So anything that makes Phyllis unhappy has to make me somewhat cheer it on. I kind of wish they'd revisit Victoria and Jack. It could start with them consoling each other over the jerks in their life and go from there. I know once upon a time he was a stepfather to her, but she's now in her 40s and he his 60s (or late 50s by show reckoning), so it's not out of the realm in terms of age difference, especially on a soap where all the older adults (meaning not the 20-somethings) occupy this kind of ageless state.

• Love 8

Sharon is studying super hard for her psych final, and Devon comes by to pick up Maria for a date.  Sharon talks to Devon about his divorce from Hil.  Sharon tells Devon that Mariah is not like Hil, she is honest and trustworthy. 

Scott tells Lauren about his new job, and she is impressed.  Then he tells her what the job is really all about.  He says Abby is vapid and shallow but not stupid.  She knows he is just her babysitter.  Lauren thinks this is a good opportunity for Scott and he can learn from Prick.  He admits that he owes Prick, and even likes him(!) but this is not his dream job.  Lauren says to try it for a while.  Abby is furious with Ash for going to Prick on her behalf.  Ash thinks Scott has integrity and wouldn’t be spying on Abs.  Abby thinks Scott would be thrilled to find something on her, and Ash asks if there is something to be found.  Ash wants to know what Abby is hiding, and they argue.  Abby tells her to butt out and says that her interference is just going to make things worse with Scott.

Billy is snarking on Cane with Juliet, and gives her permission to poke or pinch him when he goes over the line with his snark, and she pokes him.  Billy gets it, and then he says he has to go hang out with his kids. 

Vic is at the GCAC bar, and Jack shows up.  He tells Vic he is sorry for her, and starts badmouthing Billy and suggests she should fire him.  She says she is not drowning her sorrows over Billy, and she is not going to fire the guy who is going to make her a fortune.  Vic says she is not worried about Philly’s on again off again romance.  She says: who knows how long it is going to last.  Jack says Phyllis is in it for the long haul.  Vic says that won’t happen, Phyllis can only keep up this spontaneous, no pressure attitude for a short time, and when it implodes, Vic wants things to get back to normal.  Jack asks whether she is keeping Billy on the job for personal reasons. Sigh. I find this Victoria to be very pathetic.  Jack says he thought that Villy were getting closer, and she says they were and flashes back to the kiss.  She says she had to push him away, it was a family thing.  Jack wonders if this is about Prick and Drinki.  She tells him their marriage is solid, and that she misspoke, it was the wine.  And she rushes out.  But Jack looks at the bill after she leaves and realizes she barely drank anything.

Phyllis shows up at B&S and Juliet tells her she just missed Billy, he is at Victoria’s.  She says he is going to see his kids.  Phyllis says to Jules that it must be weird to see all these exes around here, working together, some exes dating each other.  What a strange thing to say!  She then says she fully supports Billy spending time with the kids.  Only she doesn’t sound too convincing.  And why the hell is she telling this to a virtual stranger?

Scott wants to get back to real journalism.  They talk about the past, about Sheila and his father and they have an emotional moment, and Phyllis shows up, and Scott leaves.  Mikey and Neil discuss Dina’s counter offer which is much higher than expected.  Devon and Mariah are just about to go on their date and he receives a text about the deal. 

Ash gives Abby advice on how to handle Scott; she should immerse him in everything and he will get bored with it.  Abby hugs Ash and sees the article about Mergeron, and a little light bulb goes off over her head.

At the penthouse, Devon learns that Dina has ambushed them with unreasonable demands.  The date is now a business meeting to review the contract line by line.  Mariah is not fazed and orders pizza.

Phyllis and Lauren are supposed to be working, but Phyllis is distracted, and confides in Lauren that Vic is pretending to be okay with everything.  But Phyllis thinks she either wants Billy back or is punishing Phyllis, based on the things she said to her.  She also says that Vic is playing games, lying to Billy about Drinki’s MS.  And that Jack is onto them and has the Newmans under a microscope.  Lauren tells Phyllis not to let the outside influences get to her.  Mikey arrives, and Phyllis leaves.  Lauren talks to Mikey about Scott, and that she thinks he will leave GC.

Scott arrives at Sharon’s and tells her she needs to take a break from studying.  They talk about Mariah and Devon.  Sharon asks about the book, and Scott fills her in on recent developments.  Sharon is surprised Drinki talked Prick out of the book.  He tells her about the job and she says:  being stuck in a foreign country doesn’t sound so bad now.  He helps her study, she encourages him to follow his dreams, and the next thing you know they are kissing!  I think they make a good couple.

Billy is playing with the kids, and Vic arrives.  They talk business and she says is happy with Billy’s work.  She suggests that they tie in a vacay with the kids on the LA trip, and he says maybe.  She is so desperate it is depressing.

Mariah gives the Winters boys some advice, which they like, but my recording got interrupted so I don’t know what that was.  Then Neil leaves and Mariah and Devon are back on their date.  At the same time, Abby calls Dina, and Dina says she wondered how long it would take Newman Enterprises to start sniffing around.  But she’s not interested in selling to him.  She doesn’t realize it is her granddaughter she is speaking to. 

Ash and Jack are talking and she says she likes these conversations they are having.  They talk about Abby.  Right outside Jack’s office Billy and Phyllis are making out in the reception area.  He tells her he wouldn’t be able to concentrate if she was in LA with him.  He tells her how when he gets back from LA they will have sexy spa times.  She looks worried.  At the same time, Vic is calling someone to book a family dream trip to San Diego for her, Billy and the kids.

Previews:  Hil to Jordan: we deserve to know where we stand with each other; Cane to Billy:  Vic is not going to go for that, and Billy replies: oh she just did, so pack your bags, we’re going to Hollywood (Juliet is also there); Vic to Drinki:  lying because of Dad may have cost me a chance with Billy, but I think Cali might just be the place to get that back.  Argh!

• Love 14

I think both Victoria and Phyllis look desperate and pathetic. And over a douchebag, narcissistic, unfeeling character, which makes it worse. 

And WHAT is GT doing as Phyllis in scenes with JT? It's like she's an over exaggerated version of a schoolgirl obsessed with her first boyfriend. Sometimes I think her neck must hurt because she looks at him at a 45-degree angle. Their "chemistry" continues to be forced as hell. I still don't know how anyone sees "natural" or "organic" when they're in scenes.

• Love 20

HeatLifer, kudos to everything you've just written. I cannot stand any of these people, actors, writers or story lines. Phyllis is ridiculous acting like a 14 year old with her first crush (she's a mother and grandmother of children that she never mentions/visits/remembers),  Victoria is just being too stupid to be the "CEO" of a cosmetic giant (or anything else), Billy is too pathetic in every way, Cane cannot speak above a whisper (that makes me nuts about him!), etc, etc. The latest B&B story lines with Thomas and Sally are heads above this crap. If you don't watch that show, you should. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Phyllis is ridiculous acting like a 14 year old with her first crush (she's a mother and grandmother of children that she never mentions/visits/remembers

She's literally adopted a high-pitched baby voice. Freaking nauseating.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

And WHAT is GT doing as Phyllis in scenes with JT? It's like she's an over exaggerated version of a schoolgirl obsessed with her first boyfriend. Sometimes I think her neck must hurt because she looks at him at a 45-degree angle. Their "chemistry" continues to be forced as hell. I still don't know how anyone sees "natural" or "organic" when they're in scenes.

I have noticed this too.  And it goes further than that for me.  I am detecting some major sashaying around in her scenes like "I am the star of this show now!  JT and I are THE Rom Com King and Queen!"  I can't think of another instance on any of the soaps I have watched where when a couple got together that they have been so aggressively obnoxious. 

• Love 16
(edited)

I wish Devon and Mariah had some chemistry. It's so flat, she looks awkward. it's cringe worthy . Sigh.

Victoria , running after Billy now. She wants him, she doesn't want him, wash, rinse, repeat.

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Tippi said:

I have noticed this too.  And it goes further than that for me.  I am detecting some major sashaying around in her scenes like "I am the star of this show now!  JT and I are THE Rom Com King and Queen!"  I can't think of another instance on any of the soaps I have watched where when a couple got together that they have been so aggressively obnoxious. 

Oh, for sure. I see the same thing.  For me, I think it's very clear they're aware of Mal's favoritism and their social media stans and it's gone to their heads. Gina, in particular.  They're trying way too hard to be the funniest, sexiest, most romantic, hottest pair. And their scenes look overly discussed and manufactured as a result. 

• Love 12
On 5/9/2017 at 4:19 PM, bannana said:

Chelz remembers when Prick got her and Adam passports.

Wana bet that if Chelz confronts the old creep he uses his grandson Crully, as ammo to shut her up.

I look for him to tell Nikki and maybe Vic to make them tow the line or he'll take Nick's baby. (Cause felons and monsters always get custody)

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Tippi said:

I can't think of another instance on any of the soaps I have watched where when a couple got together that they have been so aggressively obnoxious. 

i can.  it was called phuck.....

ms and jm were both obnoxious about it ( although IMO, ms was and is the worst) and thought they could get away with anything.  like how they would change the scripts and ad lib their "word of the day".  it was their game they liked to play.

• Love 12

Drinki looks stunning in a beautiful blue blouse and white pants.  Tessa is blown away by her new living accommodations and is very grateful to Drinki.  Tessa worries she might bother Prick with her music, but Drinki assures her he keeps to himself these days.

Phyllis is at her place and she is has gotten Mexican takeout for Billy.  And she also has the ingredients for dessert.  Predictable cooking chaos ensues, but the chocolate soufflé is perfect nonetheless.

Meanwhile Billy tells Vic, who is at the UG, that they have a crisis with the shoot, and they need to change the date to suit the Director.  She okays this and it means everyone has to leave for LA like yesterday.  Billy informs Juliet and Cane, and Cane is a big sourpuss and says how it is going to double costs.  Both Billy and Juliet point out that Vic is the boss, and she has approved it, so not their problem.  And they are right. 

Vic tells Reed that she has to go out of town tonight and she is going to get Hannah to take care of the little kids.  Reed insists he can do it, and challenges her.  She says okay, and then lists all of the duties involved, and he reconsiders.

Hilary and Mariah encounter each other at work, more sniping, with Mariah saying she won the fight.  Jordan is there and then he and Hil have a heart to heart about her feelings re Devon, the divorce and she tells him about overhearing sexy stair times between Devon and Mariah.  All is good now between Hil and Jordan, and they kiss.

Sharon and Scott finish that kiss and then talk about it, and she mentions that she is not yet divorced.  But she says she is ready to move on.  He says he is okay with taking it slow, it gives them more time to learn about each other.  They talk about her background and baggage a bit.  These two are actually good together, he makes Sharon much more likeable.   They go to the UG where Noah is encouraging of their relationship.  She tells Scott about a crisis hotline she is working on as part of her course credit.

Tessa is at the UG and she tells Noah about living Chez Drinki.

Cane tells Juliet he has a bad feeling about her working with Billy, and she presses him on why, and he tells her to drop it.  He says it is not about them, it’s about the commercial and letting Billy get to him.

Lily walks in and can see something is wrong.  She advises Cane to dial back the tension in front of Billy.  He says Vic is just okaying the shoot to get in good with Billy, but Lily says maybe she loves the idea of Billy being 2,000 miles away from Phyllis.

Vic visits Drinki to ask for her help with keeping an eye on the kids, cause she has to go to LA.  Drinki wonders why Vic can’t delegate this trip.  Vic says she has to go because it is Billy’s project and Drinki wonders how things are going with them.  Vic says he is back with Phyllis, because she pushed him away and she says:  Don’t worry, mom, Phyllis may be winning, but I’M STILL IN THE GAME!  Vic says that she played into Phyllis’ hands by pushing him away.  Vic says, what does Phyllis have to offer Billy, and Drinki says, besides the obvious?  Vic says she has a small window to make things right, and California is it.  She tells her about her plan to bring the kids to Cali and create a family vacation.  Drinki says that is a good plan to show Billy what he is missing.  So many sighs.

I am officially sick of the Mariah/Hilary feud.  Hilary tells Mariah the show is going to LA to piggy back on Jordan’s trip, but Mariah has to stay in GC.  Mariah gives her grief.  She tells her she will book her a middle seat in coach.  Sigh.

Everyone at B&S is rushing around to get ready for the shoot.  Jordan shows Cane the aggressive shooting schedule and implies that things can go wrong; Cane tries to talk to Billy about it, but he blows him off.  Methinks Cane might sabotage Billy in LA.  Billy rushes off to Phyllis, realizing he had a missed a text from her.

At the UG Tessa and Reed perform.  They are heckled by a guy who wants to hear rock music.  After the set, the guy attacks Tessa and she takes him down.  Then Noah comes to the rescue after the fact.

Billy shows up at Phyllis’ place where she has set up a beautiful romantic evening, including the soufflé she made herself.  He tells her he has to go to the airport and that he is sorry and she says no worries, and that she will be cheering him on.  He leaves, she slams the door and the soufflé collapses, just like her pathetic little heart.

Ash to Phyllis:  I think you are obsessed with my brother, who just happens to be in Los Angeles with his ex-wife; Billy, sporting shades, to Vic, sporting shades:  This is all you, you made this happen; Lily, excited and jumping and down when she sees her billboard in LA: Oh my god, it’s me!

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Neato! Say, did they actually show Tessa's new digs? I'm hungry for some new sets.

They didn't show it, but she described it in some detail to Drinki, like this: who wouldn't love that beautiful bed, and the view, and the bathroom that even has a rain shower head.  If Tess is up to no good, then she is a very good actor because she seems thrilled to be living with Drinki.  And she seems fond and protective of Drinki.  But skeptical me thinks that she intended for Drinki to see her living out of car, so she would invite her to live with her.

• Love 4
Just now, bannana said:

They didn't show it, but she described it in some detail to Drinki, like this: who wouldn't love that beautiful bed, and the view, and the bathroom that even has a rain shower head.  If Tess is up to no good, then she is a very good actor because she seems thrilled to be living with Drinki.  And she seems fond and protective of Drinki.  But skeptical me thinks that she intended for Drinki to see her living out of car, so she would invite her to live with her.

I dunno. It's kind of a stretch to think that because she saw her living in her car, she would have invited her to live with her. But I do think she wants something and I also think she is in on it with someone else, but who?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I dunno. It's kind of a stretch to think that because she saw her living in her car, she would have invited her to live with her. But I do think she wants something and I also think she is in on it with someone else, but who?

From the few phone convos we have heard it does sound like someone who might be a parent or sibling, not sure why though.

• Love 2