Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, bannana said:

Meanwhile, Billy, who yesterday was completely enthralled with Phyllis, was surly and belligerent and just childish.

Billy is legit like this every single episode. He's always pissy in some way or form.

• Love 7

So Phyllis is in lurve with Billy again and Jack is what? I don't even understand how we are to understand her view of him.

And why wouldn't Victoria apologize to Billy for going off on him? Why not tell HIM she wants him back? And wouldn't Phyllis be concerned Jack is fucking Gloria and hellbent on revenge on Victor? Wouldn't she see this as a chance to save him? Nope. Not when she flashes back to being fucked by Billy!

Whatever. I can't even care anymore. None of this is supposed to make sense. As long as Jason, Gina, the stans and Mal are happy.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, bannana said:

Drinki, who looks stunning in that robin's egg blue

Agreed.  Could have had better hair did tho.

3 hours ago, bannana said:

There was actually a very nice dynamic between them, too bad they killed this couple.

Agreed.  Because they are both capable of acteen - ALL THE TIME.

• Love 5

So Phyllis is in lurve with illy again and Jack is what? I don't even understand how we are to understand her view of him.

Agreed.  I can make no sense of why Phyllis bonked Billy at this point, of the point of this point, why Jack showed up, why Billy showed up, what the point of the predictable snark will be.

One of the things about building tension is the viewer issed to have some idea of what's at risk.  I don't know who wants what anymore.  I mean AT ALL.  

And while I'm ranting, Lauren saying 'coug my son' to Phyllis was just gross.  She should want her son to find a girl his age and settle down and build a family life.  I mean, I assume if she doesn't want him running all over the middle east she didn't want him back to Mrs. Robinson with Mrs. Abbott.  I recognize this point is rathe late in the proceedings but I think I repressed it because I had a trauma as a result of it being said at all. 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, miamama said:

So Phyllis is in lurve with Billy again and Jack is what? I don't even understand how we are to understand her view of him.

I feel like the writers are thick and don't understand that the general audience still remembers that Phyllis and Jack were married. She claimed to love this person. She then cheated on him with his brother. It doesn't matter that Phyllis and Billy are single now. That betrayal still happened. They should still be GUILTY. How Phyllis is even talking to Jack with a straight face is absurd. Is Billy going to tell Jack that they're going to date now and "Oops, forget everything I told you. We don't care." What IS this? Oh, right, Gina and Jason are awesome.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

One of the things about building tension is the viewer issed to have some idea of what's at risk.  I don't know who wants what anymore.  I mean AT ALL.  

Yes!!!! This!!!!

What is happening???? Everything over the span of a couple of days turned upside down with Billy/Vic/Phyllis and suddenly Jack and Phyllis share scenes again. It's as though this show got hijacked by Pratt/JFP. It's exactly like last year. Philly get each other and fuck behind Jack's back. But this time Phyllis has no guilt. She's FREEEEEEE. 

16 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I feel like the writers are thick and don't understand that the general audience still remembers that Phyllis and Jack were married. She claimed to love this person. She then cheated on him with his brother. It doesn't matter that Phyllis and Billy are single now. That betrayal still happened. They should still be GUILTY. How Phyllis is even talking to Jack with a straight face is absurd. Is Billy going to tell Jack that they're going to date now and "Oops, forget everything I told you. We don't care." What IS this? Oh, right, Gina and Jason are awesome.

And Jack is a ball of anger and revenge because of this betrayal. He just said to Phyllis he doesn't even want to TALK to Billy and assumes she doesn't either. This prompts, for Phyllis, warm memories of sex with his brother. But it's ok, you guys, because they are single now and they said sorry to Jack. So Mal's gonna explore their "relationship." 

Who can take this seriously????

• Love 13
2 hours ago, bannana said:

This is exactly what was odd about today.  Phyllis has a spring in her step, and when she opened the door before she learned it was Jack, she looked positively elated.  Meanwhile, Billy, who yesterday was completely enthralled with Phyllis, was surly and belligerent and just childish.

Exactly. I didn't understand why he was so irate today. He just reunited with Phyllis, right? He back with the one who he can breathe with. She is the one he wants? So why was his veins popping all show long? If not for Phyllis's flashback you might not ever know an hour prior he was rolling around with her on the floor. Such weird direction with this story. Billy clearly doesn't know what he wants and both ladies going to look dumb as he bounces between them ala Nick Newman.

• Love 8
On 4/18/2017 at 6:23 PM, Big Blue Plate said:

Is there anyone still posting as assume most of you have now had strokes.  :)

I was too busy projectile vomiting to comment after being forced to stare at Billy's body.

• Love 12

So Mal is excited by the passionate, warring fans, is he?

Does he honestly think anyone who genuinely likes/admires/roots for Vicki is going to cheer for her to reunite with that piece of shit sister-in-law fucker? 

That anyone would be pleased to see Jack be Phyllis's fall back in case you want to give Vicki the temporary win in this fight for the POS.

Philly stans are giddy because they're getting sex scenes and sugar and spice for the cheaters and they have no fucks to give about story.

But they aren't enjoying the "triangle" either because It. Is. Contrived. And. Manipulative.

Everyone who ever cared about these characters is going to be angry and frustrated (if they aren't already) and will turn this shit off.

This man thinks he's invented the soap triangle. And he's going to shove this one down our throats until those ratings climb, bitches, because he's hip. He's talking to the fans on the interwebs.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

juicy squirts.

love it!  here I was just puttering along with "sploosh".

19 hours ago, bannana said:

So they stay for the movie, which is FROM HERE TO ETERNITY!,

do any of these writers have kids? Like, teen-aged kids.

17 hours ago, bannana said:

Meanwhile, Billy... was surly and belligerent and just childish.

And that's all he is.  He'd doesn't enjoy sex or playing with his kids or sitting around the table with his brother and sisters.  All he is or wants is to be the fussy little kid who is the center of everyone's attention.

17 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes, I am liking NotStepford Drinki, but I know it won't last.

It could if they killed off Victurd.  Just sayin', writers. 

but that is not what this is about, cut to the chase, what do you want from me?

oh, good lord, are they going to make him a secret agent to replace Superundercover Dylan? His time in the Mid East qualifies him as Quantico issue, law enforcement?

Edited by MollyB
baffled, and I don't even watch the show..
  • Love 6

Yeah. I'm out like @miamama. Can't do it. Philly is an insult to me as a longtime viewer. Back to lying to Jack, behaving like he's irrelevant, acting like Billy would be with Phyllis over Vic. Nope. This is straight crack fanfic come to life and they ain't getting my viewership anymore.

• Love 12

I just had a crazy thought. What if Nikki is leading Scott on with this whole protest over him writing Victor's biography? What if she knows she's peaked his curiosity even more so that he'll really dig into Prictor's history? Wouldn't that be a real hoot?

• Love 8

Darn it, Jack doesn't answer the door, and so doesn't see Billy, who skedaddles, but then doubles back moments later so he could have Thai takeout with Phyllis and tell her all about his latest convo with Vic.  Phyllis wants to know if he really wants to be with Vic and he hedges answering.  BTW, because it cannot be said enough, why would anyone want to spend time with this sullen jerk?  Anyhoo, he says he doesn't want to be with Vic because of the way she treated him, even though she apologized.  He wants to be with Phyllis, and she wants to be with him.  They start undressing each other and she says she doesn't want to give him up.  And then sexy times, for the second time in one day, as it turns out.  What's odd about these two getting back together is that they say that they are single, and there is no reason for them to be apart, but then they are hiding the relationship from Jack?

Sharon and Nick talk about Faith and Sharon wonders if there is more to the story and  confronts him about hitting Prick, but he glosses it over.

Chelz is in the Squad Room where Paul tells her there is no trace of Chloe.  She hasn't used her credit cards or accessed her bank account.  Chelz suggests they look for a crazy woman in a wedding dress, since she left without anything but the clothes on her back.

Jack heads over to the UG to sniff around for dirt on the Newmans.  He asks Nick if Prick is out of town hunting down Chloe.  Nick seems uncomfortable and gives vague answers.  He also says that he and Vic and his mom are going to get through this, which of course made Jack even more suspicious.  Chelz also tells Jack about how Nick suspected Chloe, and that Prick was very broken up about finding out what Chloe did.

Since we are still on the same day, Scott actually continues his date with Sharon at CL.  He tells her that Drinki wants to scuttle the book.  Sharon tells Scott that she likes being with him, but she hasn't been separated for long, and he understands that she wants to take it slow.   Mariah shows up and they have a nice visit with Scott telling stories of his time in the middle east.  He promises to help Mariah who wants to do investigative pieces.  Then he gets a text and leaves to meet with Christine.  I totally did not know she is his aunt!  He's very annoyed because he knows that Christine wants him to go on an assignment.  Turns out he was working for someone (CIA, NSC?) when he was in the Middle East, and the journalism thing was a cover.  He's pissed cause they didn't rescue him, but Christine says there was a plan to extract him.  He's not impressed and doesn't want to cooperate and she says he has been invaluable.  As his aunt, why would she want to send him back?  Or maybe the assignment is in GC?  Or Thunder Bay?

Ravi and Ash had quite a kiss and then said good night and went to their own rooms.  But it turns out they couldn't sleep.  Ravi goes down to the bar and finds Ash already there.  He joins her and they try to talk about the kiss, and jerk biz guy shows up and sits himself down.  Jerk insults Ravi, and Ravi goes off on him in a most spectacular way, with Ash looking on with admiration.  Jerk finally leaves, and Ash tells Ravi she is impressed by him.  Then she says they have an early flight and need to call it a night.  I really like Ravi, I hope they don't ruin him.

Previews:  A Chloe sighting!  Let me set the stage.  Chloe is narrating a letter she wrote to Billy that explains that she stole his sample, and says "Bella might be your daughter".  Chloe is wearing a shirt she must have bought at Mark's Work Wearhouse in Thunder Bay. Her image is ghosted over the letter.   Then there is a  split screen with both Kevin and Billy reading the letter from Chloe separately.  In a second shot, we can see that she wrote a similar letter to Kevin.  They both look stunned btw.   Also, Ash asks Jack what he has accomplished while she was away, and he says: I've learned some intriguing information.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 14

Zoey constantly gives off HE as Abby vibes.

Oh and obviously Tessa went to see a foreign subtitled film by herself at the cinema yesterday. I'm genuinely surprised that the film they licensed for Reed and Kendall wasn't an "EB classic".

• Love 6

Awesome recap bananna, you are really hitting your stride!

Chelz is in the Squad Room where Paul tells her there is no trace of Chloe.  She hasn't used her credit cards or accessed her bank account.  Chelz suggests they look for a crazy woman in a wedding dress, since she left without anything but the clothes on her back.

Prick is in Thunder Bay with Chloe. It will be death by a thousand cuts.

14 minutes ago, evenstephens said:

Zoey constantly gives off HE as Abby vibes.

Oh and obviously Tessa went to see a foreign subtitled film by herself at the cinema yesterday. I'm genuinely surprised that the film they licensed for Reed and Kendall wasn't an "EB classic".

Titanic!

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Titanic!

Thanks for the laugh, Peaches

1 hour ago, bannana said:

What's odd about these two getting back together is that they say that they are single, and there is no reason for them to be apart, but then they are hiding the relationship from Jack?

But look how much fun that is, sliming around behind Jack's back!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Prick is in Thunder Bay with Chloe. It will be death by a thousand cuts.

If they really are in Thunder Bay, it would more likely be death by a thousand black fly bites.

• Love 8

Did anyone else notice the shot of the set of "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" owl figurines on the shelf in Phyllis' apartment? WTF? Was that supposed to be a nod to the set of "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkey figurines that Phyllis and Nick gifted each other during the Phick affair? No, Sally. Just no.

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Then he gets a text and leaves to meet with Christine.  I totally did not know she is his aunt!  

I remember when Christine(I want to call her Cricket) met Scott's father and fell in love with him. The father's name was also Scott. It turned out they were half-brother and sister. Typical soap. Their mother had AIDS and was married to John Abbot. She died. Their mother had a curly eighties hairstyle, and she always acted fragile. Memories. 

41 minutes ago, ezzylin said:

Did anyone else notice the shot of the set of "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" owl figurines on the shelf in Phyllis' apartment? WTF? Was that supposed to be a nod to the set of "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkey figurines that Phyllis and Nick gifted each other during the Phick affair? No, Sally. Just no.

That's why Nick acts like a monkey? 

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I remember when Christine(I want to call her Cricket) met Scott's father and fell in love with him. The father's name was also Scott. It turned out they were half-brother and sister. Typical soap. Their mother had AIDS and was married to John Abbot. She died. Their mother had a curly eighties hairstyle, and she always acted fragile. Memories. 

Oh, Cricket should fill in her nephew on some of that backstory!  Thanks @babyhouseman

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Good catch! Glad I missed it though. I might have hurled. No, would have hurled. 

It was during the last Philly scene at the end of the episode. They were about to go at it again (on the couch, of course) when camera slowly panned away to the shelf. 

You American viewers - keep an eye out for those owls........or don't.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, ezzylin said:

LOL  didn't she at one time throw them in the garbage then pick them back out?

and just for the record, phyl bought them...when she gave nick his, she told him that what no one knows, can't hurt them.

the things i yelled at the screen turned the air blue..

• Love 8

Admitted Sharon fan here. I was giddy at the cheek kiss Scott gave her at CL. I also loved the scene with Mariah, Sharon and Scott at the table while he was telling stories of his exploits. Just natural and normal. There I said it!?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, basiltherat said:

No, Scott, stomp The Bug!  The last guy she sent on "assignment" (her own damned step-son!) is now in Witness Protection!

Speaking as someone who has an advanced degree in watching cop shows, she's the WORST D.A. in the world. 

• Love 8

Billy is bunking at Phyllis/Dummer/Jack’s condo now, and he even has his work mail delivered there. That is how he gets the letter from Chloe telling him that Bella might be his daughter.  He confirms with the hospital that his sample is missing.  He says, leave it to Chloe to mess up my life again. 

Abby is meeting the blonde real estate agent near a dumpster.  What is it with these people and dumpsters?

Ash has returned to Jabot and tells Jack about all the new product ideas she gleaned at the conference, and he tells her about Abby as CEO, and Prick being out of town.  They agree they will need more space for a lab, and Jack says he is on it.

Phyllis bumps into Ravi and wants to know all about his date, and he says it was not a date, but they had fun.  He wants to help Phyllis with her love life but she says she no longer wants to date random men, she wants the more familiar.  Blech!  He tells her the story about jerk business guy encounter.

Abby talks to Ash about her concerns at work, and Ash realizes that Abby has gone ahead with the tech incubator plan behind Prick’s back, and she tells her that is foolhardy.  Abby rushes out to fix things.

Nick is trying to find his mom so she can babysit Christian, but Tessa is the only one there and says Drinki is at a meeting, but she offers to watch Christian and he agrees.

Scott asks Mikey for some legal advice.  He is talking about the assignment that Christine wants him to do, but Mikey thinks he is talking about reneging on Prick’s book deal. He tells Mikey that Drinki wants to quash the book.  He says that he wants to stay in one place, and maybe someday have a relationship.  Then Kevin shows up to talk to Mikey about the letter he received from Chloe saying that he might be Bella’s father.  Kevin cannot figure out why Chloe would send him this letter, since he had a DNA test. Mikey convinces him that they have to tell Paul because the letter is evidence.

So the reason Nick needed a babysitter is he has a meeting with Paul regarding finding Chloe, where Paul points out that they don’t have any proof that Chloe killed Adam.  They review the evidence, the dart gun, the ring, the cell phone records.  Paul says the evidence is circumstantial.

Next Paul meets with Kevin and Mikey about the letter.  The letter was posted in Malta.  Paul wonders how a woman with only a wedding dress to her name could travel so far without being spotted.  Paul has put a rush on a DNA test for Kevin.  Then Billy shows up and says he got a letter from Chloe, which stuns Kevin.  Billy’s letter was sent from the Cayman Islands.  Somehow Paul managed to talk to the company that Chloe used to mail the letters and they were paid in cash.  Billy starts ranting about how crazy Chloe is and he wants her charged with theft and kidnapping, if he turns out to be the father, because he also has done a DNA test.  Kevin defends Chloe and says she was ruined by Delia’s death.  Billy says he lost Delia too, but he didn’t try to kill anyone.  Wait, what????  How about the whole shooting Adam, causing an accident, and leading to Gabriel’s death?  Kevin retaliates by bringing up his affair with Phyllis telling him, his life is a mess.  Kevin says he hopes Billy is not the father, because he cannot be a good father to Bella if he hates her mother.  Then he actually goes there, and says that Billy does not have a good track record of being a good father.  Rut roh.  Paul breaks it up, and they both say they are not going anywhere till they get the DNA results.

Phyllis asks Ravi if she is like Ash, and he starts a comparison of their qualities, and she interrupts and says: we both have the tendency to make bad choices in men.  Wow, are these writers on crack?  What kind of a conversation is that?  Even Ravi is confused.  Phyllis tries to explain, and says that her life has taken a turn for the better, and it is the first time she has been truly happy.  Double blech.

Christine shows up at the Baldwin apt to talk to Scott.  Scott says no, he will not take this mission.  She actually badgers him, and he still says no.  Again, crazy writing, why would she harangue her nephew into going on a dangerous mission, when he so clearly doesn’t want to go?

Nick goes to pick up Christian from Tessa, and she offers to babysit in the future, and he seems agreeable.

So for some strange reason Jack meets the real estate gal, Farah, by the same dumpster.  He wants the building that Abby owns.  Farah doesn’t tell him it’s Abby, but then she gets a call from her, and tells Jack, he’s in luck, the owner wants to sell.  Later, Abby shows up at the dumpster apologizing for having changed her mind.  So it turns out she was about to do the renovations, but now she wants to sell the building.  Farah says she has a buyer, and then Jack joins them at the dumpster and Abby looks stunned.

Phyllis talks to Ash about her convo with Ravi and implies that she knows all about that night, but Ash plays coy and says she won’t hear about it from her.  Ravi enters and they exchange a knowing look.  They were going to have a meeting, but Ash says she is worried about Abby and wants to reschedule.

Previews:  Scott tells Lauren he is feeling kind of lonely, and would she set him up with one of her girlfriends (tee hee); Jack tells Abby he is not going to sign anything until she tells him what is really going on; Paul has the results of the DNA tests.

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, bannana said:

Next Paul meets with Kevin and Mikey about the letter.  The letter was posted in Malta.  Paul wonders how a woman with only a wedding dress to her name could travel so far without being spotted.  Paul has put a rush on a DNA test for Kevin.  Then Billy shows up and says he got a letter from Chloe, which stuns Kevin. 

Thanks Bannana, you're a star.  I swear, if Bella is not Kevin's and turns out to be another kid for Nostrils McGhee to ignore, use, and/or leave alone in a car late at night, I'm going to pop a vein. And I'm not even watching this dreck.  Love reading the recaps but don't like that Show is still managing to mess with my blood pressure.

• Love 15

I wonder if the dumpster is the one that starred in Deacon Does Phyllis. Maybe it's time for her to christen it the love dumpster by humping that bleached piece of trash Billy against it. 

Yeah, Nostrils better not be the father of that kid. He already resents the hell out of her existence. 

• Love 11

All of Phyllis's dialogue was like an anvil alert. Her face dropped when Billy said he needed to figure out Bella before he could think about a future [with her]. He was ignoring her texts. She was all gushy about being soooo happy and not wanting to jinx anything. Phyllis is on cloud nine and Billy still miserable. It's wild. Not sure where they going with this but it's bizarre. I'm sure they will be a couple but it seems like a set up of some kind. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, bannana said:

So for some strange reason Jack meets the real estate gal, Farah, by the same dumpster.

Well that's just about right, Bill and Phyl score the slick condo set while Jack gets the dumpster.  Bizarro-world indeed

Edited by klopek
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, klopek said:

Well that's just about right, Bill and Phyl score the slick condo set while Jack gets the dumpster.  Bizarro-world indeed

Ooo, "the dumpster"!!  New nickname for Phyllis!

• Love 10
10 hours ago, basiltherat said:

No, Scott, stomp The Bug!  The last guy she sent on "assignment" (her own damned step-son!) is now in Witness Protection!

Thanks to Auntie Cricket, Scott will be tied up in the Abbot Cabin as hostage to Aunt Patty and Mommy Dearest Shelia Carter. He'll die and his organs will go to a Newman. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Whoa! Ravi burned that jerk's shit to the GROUND!

I thought it sounded like a Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock imitation.  

Also, did anybody else think the actor playing the strapping dickhead was... not a very good actor?  I did.  It amazed me that of all the starving actors in Hollywood USA, they couldn't find one who could... act.  Dramatic acteen.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

All of Phyllis's dialogue was like an anvil alert. Her face dropped when Billy said he needed to figure out Bella before he could think about a future [with her]. He was ignoring her texts. She was all gushy about being soooo happy and not wanting to jinx anything. Phyllis is on cloud nine and Billy still miserable. It's wild. Not sure where they going with this but it's bizarre. I'm sure they will be a couple but it seems like a set up of some kind. 

Just seems like their angst to me. The story is Philly. Mal Young basically did everything but announce it over a loud speaker.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, evenstephens said:

I cackled at Lauralee Bell's deer in headlights appearance in the opening credits. It's surpassed the superimposed looking Tracey E. Bregman.

Sometimes I wonder if Tracey Bergman is actually an experiment in CGI.  

• Love 4

Kevin says he hopes Billy is not the father, because he cannot be a good father to Bella if he hates her mother.  Then he actually goes there, and says that Billy does not have a good track record of being a good father.  Rut roh.  Paul breaks it up, and they both say they are not going anywhere till they get the DNA results.

He says, leave it to Chloe to mess up my life again. 

#TeamKevin.  NotevereverohmygodneverBilly's [and other assholes like him] reaction to the possibility that he fathered a child is why abortion is legal in most states.  I know we need a character to hate in a soap, but isn't Victurd enough?  There has not been one thing that JTBilly has done since he woke up from the coma that endears him to me.  And I'm not that sensitive.  Selfish, entitled, whiney asshole- whatever.  Lose him.  Back to the coma for an indefinite stay or until Billy Miller comes back.

Also adding a rant about Paulie deciding whether Chlot can be proved guilty.  Not up to you, dummy.  Send your "circumstantial evidence" to the DA (not your wife, but a real ADA) and stfu.  When the case winds up in court, someone else will decide about the evidence.  Not your job.  And if there's no case, why you spending taxpayer's money trying to find her?

Paul has the results of the DNA tests.

WTF?!?  Is there nothing this idiot stays out of? Is he trying to take Maury's job?

• Love 10