Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Looks like something might happen to Denise rather than Tara,  since Daryl is on a run with her and Rosita. It would also make much more sense for Daryl to be upset about something happening to Denise, since they shared more scenes together this season. Though, the question is whether Denise dies or whether she is just hurt and kidnapped and therefore presumed dead by the group. I don't think she'd die, because they would have Alanna react to it after pairing up those two actresses (and I'm not sure, would they give such a tough emotional scene to a pregnant actress?)

I am not sure if we will see Tara and Heath again this season. The next episode feels like an episode that doesn't focus on too many groups at once.

As for the spoiler for episode 15, I think it's pretty obvious that it's most likely Rosita or someone from the saviors who gets the bullet. If they were to kill off Daryl, they would give him the most shocking death for maximum impact, so they would not kill him off with Negan around the corner. Also, Glenn, Michonne and Daryl have been spotted filming episode 16 anyway.

TSDF has been pretty clear that Daryl makes it alive to 5x16, whatever winds up happening with Dwight. They also seemed to think that Rosita was a possible candidate for the "lineup" scene.

As for the 6x15 spoiler, it seems that the sequence of events is 1) Daryl, Rosita and Denise head out on a run, 2) Denise is killed by Dwight, 3) Daryl and Rosita make it back to Alexandria safely, 4) Daryl goes AWOL to hunt Dwight, 5) Glenn, Michonne and Rosita track down Daryl to talk some sense into him, 6) Glenn and Michonne are captured, 7) Daryl and Rosita attempt a rescue mission but Daryl's caught by Dwight, and 8) BANG!

In the comics, the lineup occurred because a few members of Team Rick were surprised by the Saviours all at once. Here it seems as if a few of them (Glenn, Michonne, Daryl, Rosita, etc.) get captured in 6x15 and the rest (Rick, Maggie, maybe Abe, etc.) get caught trying to rescue them. Don't know how Carl winds up in the mix, but it seems important from a character perspective that Carl witness Glenn's (or whoever's) murder, because Carl's loathing of Negan drives that relationship.

It also seems that Carol and Morgan are off by themselves and wind up at another camp of Negan's. I'm guessing they get waylaid while trying to track down Daryl. Doesn't mean that they don't wind up in the lineup, necessarily, but neither actor was spotted the night the lineup scene was filmed. (There are good reasons for Carol and/or Morgan dying in the season finale, but it's not going to be by Lucille.)

I gotta say, for the show at least, one guy being brained to death seems like a pretty cheap price to pay given that TV Team Rick has killed something like 40 Saviours by this point, some of whom were murdered in horrifically painful ways (Carol and Maggie's Saviour BBQ). If TV Negan decides to kill not just Glenn, but each and every member of the lineup...well, it would be awful, of course, but I could sort of see his point.

It also makes sense to temporarily write the character off to allow for maternity leave for the actress.

AM commented about how it's so great to be on a show that allows you to have a family, which would be some incredible shade if she was in fact getting killed off. Tara disappearing from the action to grieve Denise dovetails nicely with AM taking time off for mat leave.

The timing for killing Denise, one-half of a happy lesbian couple, couldn't be worse, given the huge controversy over The 100 right now, but on the other hand, this is The Walking Dead and no one is safe (except Rick, Carl, and Michonne).

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2

The timing for killing Denise, one-half of a happy lesbian couple, couldn't be worse, given the huge controversy over The 100 right now, but on the other hand, this is The Walking Dead and no one is safe (except Rick, Carl, and Michonne).

Are we sure Rick, Carl and Michonne are safe? I just have all these horrible experiences with shows when a couple finally has sex. I think Spike and Buffy had one of the more painful outcomes for me

with Spike trying to rape Buffy, and then having sex with her best friend's fiancee

because I was so involved with that show since the pilot, and then, to a lesser extent, on The Good Wife when Alicia finally has sex with Will

and her daughter goes missing right afterward. In the end, her daughter was fine,

but it was another one of those "you must be punished in some way for having sex" tropes that drives me crazy. And since I'm a Richonne shipper, I haven't felt Michonne was safe ever since Rick and Michonne had sex.

I've also felt strongly that Tara was going to be killed because Denise wouldn't say "I love you", but all of these spoilers/descriptions really are leading to Denise's death, aren't they? For me, the biggest clue is that Denise is on a run. Is it a run, or is she out looking for Tara with Daryl? Either way, there had been no indication she was scheduled to go on a run when she said goodbye to Tara. Of course, there's also Daryl being so upset about losing "her" that he puts a bunch of lives, especially his own, in danger by taking off. Someone upthread pointed out that he wouldn't be this upset about losing Tara, but I agree he might be this upset about losing his new friend Denise.

Though I'm new to the show, I'm really concerned for these characters. Even if Rick, Michonne, Carl, and Daryl are safe, I'd be heartbroken to lose Glenn, Maggie, Sasha or Tara. I'm not a Carol fan, but I feel she's so important to the show, I just don't want to see her gone either.

The next couple of weeks are going to be torture. I've already decided not to watch the last 3 episodes live.

Those little bits with Daryl/Denise bonding seemed random, but this show operates by soap opera rules more often than not. On a soap opera, when two characters who hadn't interacted previously start interacting a lot, either they're going to hook up (unlikely in Daryl and Denise's case, for a number of reasons), or the fact that they have a relationship is going to be meaningful somehow. I'm guessing the writers contrived for Denise to be all friendly with Daryl so that her death at Dwight's hands stings that much more.

• Love 3

AM commented about how it's so great to be on a show that allows you to have a family, which would be some incredible shade if she was in fact getting killed off. Tara disappearing from the action to grieve Denise dovetails nicely with AM taking time off for mat leave.

I think it would be even worse with Tara, given that she's been around longer, but I agree it's going to hurt a lot of people and cause some backlash (on social media, anyway). I do hope if it happens we at least get to see Tara find out, rather than her being offcamera for the rest of the season and Daryl being the one to grieve. 

I hope Rosita wouldn't be killed yet as the optics (being murdered right after Abraham treats her like a disposable piece of ass) would also bother me...

Of course I don't really want anyone to die so I'm going to complain no matter what. I just hope if they do it they do it properly and not for shock value. As said above, after all the Saviors the group has slaughtered, it will seem odd if Negan does just make a show of one murder. If it is one, whoever it is would have to be a big impact and not feel like an anticlimax. It was also why I wondered if a few more people might die that we haven't heard about.

• Love 2

I think we'll lose a few "minor" (no offense meant) characters before the finale. Then a la Terminus, the rest of the crew will be lined up in front of Negan. Just before the episode ends (and the wait till next season), one of main characters will get batted. Negan will turn to the rest of the characters as if he's going to do them in. EPISODE ENDS.

Yes, I see NO WAY, after all the death and mayhem CDB has caused that Negan will only kill one.

Now, the problem with my theory is that it's too much like Terminus.

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 3

I think it would be even worse with Tara, given that she's been around longer, but I agree it's going to hurt a lot of people and cause some backlash (on social media, anyway). I do hope if it happens we at least get to see Tara find out, rather than her being offcamera for the rest of the season and Daryl being the one to grieve. 

I hope Rosita wouldn't be killed yet as the optics (being murdered right after Abraham treats her like a disposable piece of ass) would also bother me...

Of course I don't really want anyone to die so I'm going to complain no matter what. I just hope if they do it they do it properly and not for shock value. As said above, after all the Saviors the group has slaughtered, it will seem odd if Negan does just make a show of one murder. If it is one, whoever it is would have to be a big impact and not feel like an anticlimax. It was also why I wondered if a few more people might die that we haven't heard about.

Speaking of optics, if Denise is murdered and the murder is all about Daryl's guilt, and if we don't even get to see Tara's reaction to losing, you know, her lover, I imagine the backlash will be even worse.

I guess Negan could kill more than one person, but I think it would diminish the impact of Glenn's demise if there were more people Lucilled at the same time. With all that said, there are a number of reasons to think why Abraham, Carol, Morgan, Heath, Tara, and Daryl are also at risk of being popped (respectively: dies in the comics around this time, character's having a mental breakdown, Lennie James never wanted a long-term commitment, actor's been cast as a lead in the new 24, actress is going on mat leave, actor has a new reality show lined up), if not by Negan. So it could be any number of people.

I think we'll lose a few "minor" (no offense meant) characters before the finale. 

Strictly speaking, in terms of budget and screen time, a number of new characters have been introduced in 6B, and a major new character is about to be introduced. A few characters are going to have to go to make room for them.

• Love 1

Those little bits with Daryl/Denise bonding seemed random, but this show operates by soap opera rules more often than not. On a soap opera, when two characters who hadn't interacted previously start interacting a lot, either they're going to hook up (unlikely in Daryl and Denise's case, for a number of reasons), or the fact that they have a relationship is going to be meaningful somehow. I'm guessing the writers contrived for Denise to be all friendly with Daryl so that her death at Dwight's hands stings that much more.

Yes, Daryl and Denise seemed random to me. For a moment, I wondered if Denise was bisexual and they were setting up for a Tara death and future Daryl/Denise. Now it looks more to me like it was a way to make Denise's death matter a lot to someone other than Tara.

Speaking of optics, if Denise is murdered and the murder is all about Daryl's guilt, and if we don't even get to see Tara's reaction to losing, you know, her lover, I imagine the backlash will be even worse.

I wouldn't be surprised. I know the show is in a corner as Alanna was about to pop, but I do hope we get some scenes - even one - of her reacting if Denise is the one who dies.

• Love 1

Yes, Daryl and Denise seemed random to me. For a moment, I wondered if Denise was bisexual and they were setting up for a Tara death and future Daryl/Denise. Now it looks more to me like it was a way to make Denise's death matter a lot to someone other than Tara.

Given the information about Tara's actress not spotted after 6x14, I'm kind of cringing if Daryl has this meltdown after Denise's death and disappears in 6x15 as the ep description suggests someone will.

Team Rick: Oh my God, isn't it tragic? Denise died and Daryl is so upset by her death that he left Alexandria! He must be so devastated!...On a completely unrelated note, Tara hasn't been showing up to meetings; maybe she has food poisoning or something.

• Love 2

Tara is out on a two week run though right? She won't even know until she returns to Alexandria that something has happened to Denise. Not a great look though but as Pete Martell says, TPTB were in a corner with Alana Masterson probably unable to film the last bunch of episodes.

I think Merritt Weaver has been criminally underused if she dies next episode :(.

• Love 5

I think Merritt Weaver has been criminally underused if she dies next episode :(.

I guess it would explain why she got a lot more development in one season than most of the Alexandrians who are still around from midpoint last season have. It's too bad if she goes. I guess if I had to choose I'd rather Tara live, but it's a shame.

Not sure if this is a spoiler or not - an article about the impending scarcity of ammo.

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/14/guns-will-start-to-diminish-on-the-walking-dead/

• Love 1

I guess it would explain why she got a lot more development in one season than most of the Alexandrians who are still around from midpoint last season have. It's too bad if she goes. I guess if I had to choose I'd rather Tara live, but it's a shame.

Not sure if this is a spoiler or not - an article about the impending scarcity of ammo.

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/14/guns-will-start-to-diminish-on-the-walking-dead/

Hmm. I don't recall if Eugene's bullet manufacturing in the comics was at all realistic. If not, it might wind up going the way of other implausible things in the comics (Carl having a chunk of his brain and skull shot out and surviving with no cognitive issues, e.g.).

No offense to Alanna Masterson, who is fine as Tara, but if I had to pick between keeping Tara or keeping Denise, I'd keep Denise. Mileage may vary on this, though.

Frankly, in terms of underdeveloped non-Alexandria Team Rick characters who could be safely cut from the show without anyone missing them too much, in between Sasha, Tara, Rosita, Eugene, and Abraham, I think there's a lot of dead weight. I'd add Gabriel to the list had the show not decided to turn him into a warrior priest, one of my favourite tropes. Morgan is a fully-developed character played by a talented actor, but would he really be missed at this point? 

Even if 6B ended with Denise, Glenn and one other cast member dead (Morgan or Carol), to me, there would still be a fair amount of fat to be trimmed from the cast. It seems like the show doesn't really know what to do with Rosita, Tara, Sasha, etc. except give them romantic plotlines. Unfortunately, Comic Rosita really doesn't have much of an arc beyond mourning Abraham, getting with Eugene even though she doesn't love him, cheating on him, and being more or less "fridged" (killed off to fuel Eugene's manpain). Comic Rosita is a good example of Kirkman's often poor writing of female characters (not quite as bad as Comic Carol, but still). Maybe the show can do something more interesting with the character, but I haven't seen it to date. I have a hard time buying that Eugene and Rosita could ever have any kind of romantic relationship in the show, since Rosita treats him like an annoying kid brother and since Eugene is more of a humorous, even ridiculous figure in the show, but stranger things have happened.

As for the Alexandrians (Tobin, Francine, Olivia, Spencer, Eric, etc. etc.), with the exception of Denise, Heath and Aaron, they're all pretty much redshirts at this point, aren't they?

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3

Looks like something might happen to Denise rather than Tara,  since Daryl is on a run with her and Rosita. It would also make much more sense for Daryl to be upset about something happening to Denise, since they shared more scenes together this season. Though, the question is whether Denise dies or whether she is just hurt and kidnapped and therefore presumed dead by the group. I don't think she'd die, because they would have Alanna react to it after pairing up those two actresses (and I'm not sure, would they give such a tough emotional scene to a pregnant actress?)

Soaps have been making pregnant actresses sob hysterically over their character's husband/baby/mother deaths for decades.  Grey's Anatomy's Sarah Drew was pregnant last season and had a very emotional storyline of her baby being born and dying shortly after birth. 

It seems like we've seen Alanna more pregnant than we've seen her previously.

It also seems that Carol and Morgan are off by themselves and wind up at another camp of Negan's. I'm guessing they get waylaid while trying to track down Daryl.

The speculation I've seen is that Carol and Morgan run into people from The Kingdom, not more Saviors.  GN readers said the outfit looked more like what the Kingdom people wear, for what that's worth.

Frankly, in terms of underdeveloped non-Alexandria Team Rick characters who could be safely cut from the show without anyone missing them too much, in between Sasha, Tara, Rosita, Eugene, and Abraham, I think there's a lot of dead weight. I'd add Gabriel to the list had the show not decided to turn him into a warrior priest, one of my favourite tropes. Morgan is a fully-developed character played by a talented actor, but would he really be missed at this point? 

Even if 6B ended with Denise, Glenn and one other cast member dead (Morgan or Carol), to me, there would still be a fair amount of fat to be trimmed from the cast. It seems like the show doesn't really know what to do with Rosita, Tara, Sasha, etc. except give them romantic plotlines. Unfortunately, Comic Rosita really doesn't have much of an arc beyond mourning Abraham, getting with Eugene even though she doesn't love him, cheating on him, and being more or less "fridged" (killed off to fuel Eugene's manpain). Comic Rosita is a good example of Kirkman's often poor writing of female characters (not quite as bad as Comic Carol, but still). Maybe the show can do something more interesting with the character, but I haven't seen it to date. I have a hard time buying that Eugene and Rosita could ever have any kind of romantic relationship in the show, since Rosita treats him like an annoying kid brother and since Eugene is more of a humorous, even ridiculous figure in the show, but stranger things have happened.

I'm not really sure if the show needs to "trim the fat." I know that some fans are always upset when their favorite characters don't get enough airtime, but I think the ensemble cast makes the show better, as it means more perspectives and different storylines, and also means they don't overexpose characters (for instance, I've [almost] always liked Rick, but I think cutting his role back a bit from season 4 on has mostly been to his benefit as it has meant cutting back on a lot of repetitive speeches and angsty staredowns). Like with Tara - she's not a big character, but I feel like she's been an asset to the show, because of how her arc impacted the narrative and other characters. Tara regretting her choices with The Governor led her to try to support Eugene, which made me care more about that whole silly DC arc, and gave the moment I liked where he conquered his fears enough to save her after the warehouse explosion. Then her experiences with The Governor added a real undercurrent of doubt and guilt and humanity with Rick's raid on Negan's communications center. 

I feel like they do give Sasha poor or underwhelming material (last season was OK, even if the PTSD story wasn't the best, but this season she's just been Abraham's fantasy woman), but I still like her, and I think Rosita works perfectly well as a supporting character. 

For me the only B-level character I'd get rid of right now is Abraham.

• Love 1

Hello, good people. I'm here, but I'm peeking through a hand over my face. I was minding my business on Tumblr when a tripped across a spoiler,saying that Michonne would be kidnapped. I have no idea if this source is credible (Already they're on my shit list for putting that out there without giving me a chance to run away first. Come on, even Carol tried to get Paula to run away) and I don't want to search for confirmation for fear of getting spoiled more. Would one of you mind PMing me a Yay or Nay? Love you in advance!

• Love 1

You know it's interesting when you look at the "bad-assery" when broken down by sex. Nearly all the female characters that have names on the show are capable of handling themselves and some are more than just proficient. But look at the men: Gabrial, until recently Spencer (and I still don't know if I'd want him guarding my back), until recently FPP, Tobin. Then there's Morgan who is a big question mark.

As far as women who aren't storm troopers there are Denise and Judith. I think Judith gets a pass. According to Six Flags you have to be 42 inches tall to kill a Walker. And Denise, though not superwoman, does some strong and heroic stuff as a doctor.

You know it's interesting when you look at the "bad-assery" when broken down by sex. Nearly all the female characters that have names on the show are capable of handling themselves and some are more than just proficient. But look at the men: Gabrial, until recently Spencer (and I still don't know if I'd want him guarding my back), until recently FPP, Tobin. Then there's Morgan who is a big question mark.

As far as women who aren't storm troopers there are Denise and Judith. I think Judith gets a pass. According to Six Flags you have to be 42 inches tall to kill a Walker. And Denise, though not superwoman, does some strong and heroic stuff as a doctor.

One pleasant surprise of the Alexandrians, at least, has been Olivia. Despite her obvious fear, she took Carol's instructions in 6x02 like a boss and last we saw her in that episode she had her weapon at the ready fully prepared to gun down anyone who tried to get into the armoury. In 6x09, she was one of the first Alexandrians out the door ready to help Rick. Olivia is awesome.

The only non-badass of the core of Team Rick (leaving out people like Tobin) apart from Judith is Eugene, and even Eugene has now proven himself in fighting walkers. I recall that Comic Eugene took a level in badass around the time of this arc in the comics, biting Dwight's crotch when kidnapped and refusing to surrender any information despite the threat of torture.

I love that the TWD ladies are so badass. I'll be interested to see what TV Negan makes of them.

As for TV Spencer, actions speak louder than words, and he did put his life at risk to help Rick in 6x09. You could argue it was because he was pressured to do so by Heath and Aaron, but he ultimately still chose to assist. Doesn't mean he won't wind up doing the same thing that Comic Spencer did and dying in the same ignominious fashion--the "guts" visual pun seems like something the show wouldn't want to pass up--but for now, I think he's not a bad guy.

Edited by Eyes High

As for TV Spencer, actions speak louder than words, and he did put his life at risk to help Rick in 6x09. You could argue it was because he was pressured to do so by Heath and Aaron, but he ultimately still chose to assist. Doesn't mean he won't wind up doing the same thing that Comic Spencer did and dying in the same ignominious fashion--the "guts" visual pun seems like something the show wouldn't want to pass up--but for now, I think he's not a bad guy.

I have the feeling Spencer is one of those people who don't start out as brave, but pretend to be - and, if they pretend to frequently enough, end up morphing into that brave person they desperately want to be.

Which can work - if they don't get their ass killed in the interim, that is.

• Love 1

The speculation I've seen is that Carol and Morgan run into people from The Kingdom, not more Saviors.  GN readers said the outfit looked more like what the Kingdom people wear, for what that's worth.

I could have sworn the TSDF people said something about Carol and Morgan winding up at a camp of Negan's (although not the same camp where Glenn, Michonne, etc. wind up).

It would be interesting to see Morgan and Carol try to fight their way out of a nest of Saviours without killing anyone.

This isn't properly sourced at all, but I read someone claim that Norman Reedus said that Daryl winds up having beef with Morgan over something. Assuming it's true, maybe Morgan tries to comfort Daryl over the decision Daryl made to leave Dwight alive and Daryl goes off on him. I don't know that there's that much time left in 6B for meaningful interaction between Daryl and Morgan, if Daryl goes on a run in 6x14, disappears in 6x15 to look for Dwight, and spends the rest of the season a captive of the Saviours.

I was hoping STL Comic Con would give me a hint to the next death, because Andrea appeared one year, in fact the day before she died on TV.  Beth was last year.  Hmm.  So I looked up the April guest list, and it just has Shane, doggoneit.  My theory is shot to hell.

• Love 1

I was hoping STL Comic Con would give me a hint to the next death, because Andrea appeared one year, in fact the day before she died on TV.  Beth was last year.  Hmm.  So I looked up the April guest list, and it just has Shane, doggoneit.  My theory is shot to hell.

Oh, so you're telling me Shane dies? Way to ruin it for me.

• Love 9

http://thespoilingdeadfans.tumblr.com/post/141200224797/tsdf-official-qa-episode-614-twice-as-far

Well, at least we now know who will die next :(  I don't like it. But then again, the person in question was kind of wasted on the show anyway.

I felt like she actually had a decent amount to do for a new character (I'd say someone like poor Eric is wasted), although now I guess I know why...

So she's getting Abraham's death, which probably means Abraham will be fine. Unless he gets Glenn-ed.

I wish they'd tell us whether Tara even gets to react to her death.

I wonder if her being the only doctor will be addressed, unless that cute guy from Hilltop takes her place.

• Love 1

I just saw the spoiler about Denise.

So it looks like Denise takes Abe's death from the comics? I was reading something (possibly here, or it was a comment on the TSDF FB spoiler page) and someone listed the deaths that had been switched in the TV show as a way to prove Abe would not be the one to get the crossbow through the head. That person was right. I'm sorry for Denise (and the actress), and Tara, who will not know this until she returns (assuming she isn't forced to return early from the run).

I still think Abe will die. The other day, TSDF answered a question about whether Michael Cudlitz will be in ep 14. The answer was: He is definitely in the finale. He will not die in episode 14.

Something about the "He will not die in episode 14" made me think there was a "but" after that. 

ETA: I was composing my post at the same time, Peter Martell, and thinking the same thing. I still think there's a possibility Abe will be killed in the finale. 

Edited by slade3
  • Love 1

Can't say I'm happy to have been right on the character death.

I wouldn't be surprised if another "big" character besides Glenn bit the big one in the finale. Carol, Morgan, Abe and Daryl are all possible candidates, in my opinion. 

So ep 14 is Denise

My guess: 15=Maggie 16=Glenn

Reason: Judith is the only baby in this ZA :>

Lauren Cohan has said that her haircut is story-related, I think. Comic Maggie cuts her hair after Glenn's death. I think Maggie survives. Doesn't mean that the baby necessarily lives; TV Maggie could miscarry.

Remember, though, that the comic jumps ahead two years after the war with the Saviours...meaning that Maggie's baby won't be so much a baby as a toddler, and Judith will be walking and talking.

• Love 1

Not surprised.  As soon as they introduced the Hilltop doctor I knew Denise was probably a goner.  They seem to be over the one black guy "Blacklander" rule but they're still adhering to the one doctor rule. 

My S6 dead pool besides Denise:  Abe, Glenn, Eric, Morgan.  Maybe Tara. 

Ehh...I'm a little disappointed in the news about Denise's demise. I enjoyed how she grew into her role as a doctor and as a contributing member of Alexandria.

Two other cast members - at least - have to go; the pack needs to be thinned. I'm totally OK with losing Abe. He was never my favorite but his choice of words when dumping Rosita put him on my "expendable list." Don't think that he gets Lucilled because it may not elicit the appropriate amount of shock and horror from viewers. I think its Daryl but I'm usually wrong about these things. Of course, Glenn could truly die this time. (It would be particularly horrific if, having seen those Polaroids, he had a sense of what was coming.

I also wouldn't count on Morgan being around much longer. His story line seems to have taken a cliff dive.

I'm not wild about Maggie's pregnancy because two babies/toddlers are the last thing that this group needs. However, I agree with the comments above that babies are more manageable if they are settled in a community (Hilltop or Alexandria) and not running thru the woods eating acorns. With that in mind, maybe Maggie and baby do survive.

I told myself I would not read the spoilers and here I did just that and I am so sad if this is what happens on Sunday.  I don't want to lose anyone because I love this family that comes to visit me 16 times a year.  Sure some of them are flawed, some of them drive me crazy, some are just plain crazy but I love them.

• Love 5

I took this from the Media thread.  Long interview with Andrew Lincoln in The Guardian.  He drops some stuff about getting the part of Rick, and signing a typical Hollywood contract of "five, six years."  Hmm.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/mar/15/andrew-lincoln-im-employed-to-go-on-a-zombie-frenzy-killing-spree

Then also says this

If he had seen the results of his work, he might share the worries of some critics. Rick Grimes, they fear, has become less Gary Cooper and more a tooled-up nutjob devoid of a moral compass – perhaps even the show’s villain – rumoured on fan sites to be facing termination. Lincoln won’t comment on whether Grimes is going to be written out, but in any event he is now plotting his exit strategy from the show. Like anyone spearheading a lucrative franchise – think Craig as Bond, Spacey as President Underwood, Clarkson on Top Gear — he risks getting typecast and becoming frustrated.

“The fun of my job is I get to dress up for a living and play different people,” he says. That dream has been thwarted because of commitments to the show. “The window of opportunity is so small. I was going to do a play and it would have meant me getting off a plane from America and going straight to rehearsals, doing the play, getting back on plane and going straight back to America. I couldn’t do that. My No 1 responsibility when I’m not slaying zombies is being a parent.”

So, as people have noted, despite the comic storyline, Rick could die if Andy Lincoln didn't want to do it anymore.  OTOH, I hold on to the hope that this just means he was/is able to renegotiate for a bigger contract since he's the true lead of the show.  If he has to trade doing other acting jobs, they need to make it worth his while.  Although given AMC's reputation, they might not want to. 

I don't want muh Rick Grimes to die.  :(

• Love 2

My vibe from that interview was that he sounds sanguine about his work situation apart from twinges of frustration over not really being able to do anything else, and, well, he is the lead. Hugh Laurie was openly and publicly miserable from the get go about the toll playing the lead in an American hit show took on his home life, and he still toughed it out on House for eight years.

If you want to read an interview with an actor who sounds as if he's ready to punch out from TWD at the earliest available opportunity with no regrets, I get that vibe from Lennie James.

That interview was a kick, though. It's funny that Lincoln got the role at least partly because of good timing (being haggard and tired since his wife had just given birth, tying in perfectly to the family man Darabont saw in Rick). Something similar happened with Mel Gibson being cast for his big breakout role in Mad Max, I think (he wound up in a bar fight the night before his audition and walked in looking like he'd been hit by a bus).

• Love 1

Without being an actor, I think I am still able to understand the frustration of people like Lincoln, about the frustration of getting pigeonholed, especially without having a particularly long resume (sorry, Andy).

On the other hand, you hear this kind of stuff anytime the actor is about to go into contract negotiations.

I've long thought that THE thing that would cause the direction of the show to radically change would be when the main characters reach the contract stage. They'll either want to get out because the grass appears to be greener at the other network, or they'll just be bored and start coasting in their role.

Admittedly though, this show is different than most in that there's not one MAIN character. This ain't no Mannix. (For you young people, go to IMDB.)

Edited by JackONeill

I took this from the Media thread.  Long interview with Andrew Lincoln in The Guardian.  He drops some stuff about getting the part of Rick, and signing a typical Hollywood contract of "five, six years."  Hmm.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/mar/15/andrew-lincoln-im-employed-to-go-on-a-zombie-frenzy-killing-spree

Then also says this

So, as people have noted, despite the comic storyline, Rick could die if Andy Lincoln didn't want to do it anymore.  OTOH, I hold on to the hope that this just means he was/is able to renegotiate for a bigger contract since he's the true lead of the show.  If he has to trade doing other acting jobs, they need to make it worth his while.  Although given AMC's reputation, they might not want to. 

I don't want muh Rick Grimes to die.  :(

I remember when he was actually on the couch of Talking Dead a couple of years ago..maybe even last season and he said then that NO character is off limits for death and that included Rick. He joked about really hoping he doesn't get killed off.  But I think if his contract ends...and he wants more than AMC is willing to pay...he could be a goner :(.

Admittedly though, this show is different than most in that there's not one MAIN character. This ain't no Mannix. (For you young people, go to IMDB.)

I really do respectfully disagree with this.  Rick IS the main character.  Everything that happens in the show has been centered around HIS journey through ZA. We woke up in the hospital with him. He sought his wife and child.   The cast has grown and shrunk but this is his story of life in the ZA.  Killing off Rick would be HUGE. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

I remember when he was actually on the couch of Talking Dead a couple of years ago..maybe even last season and he said then that NO character is off limits for death and that included Rick. He joked about really hoping he doesn't get killed off.  But I think if his contract ends...and he wants more than AMC is willing to pay...he could be a goner :(.

I really do respectfully disagree with this.  Rick IS the main character.  Everything that happens in the show has been centered around HIS journey through ZA. We woke up in the hospital with him. He sought his wife and child.   The cast has grown and shrunk but this is his story of life in the ZA.  Killing off Rick would be HUGE.

Actually, I don't disagree with you. My point was that unlike traditional (I pass no judgement when I use that term) shows, the lead here - Rick- isn't in every episode. In fact, he's only featured in a percentage of those. I like Rick. He's why I watch. The other characters, at least I feel, have not managed to step up to the plate. We get a Daryl episode or a Carol episode, and they have their fans. Remember Lost? There were arguably four to six (more?) leads. You didn't need Jack every episode because you might have Sawyer or Locke or even Ben. Yes Daryl can carry the lead as can a Carol but only occasionally. I like Daryl, but I don't see this show becoming Daryl v. The Walking Dead, where he is the MAIN man.

Another thing, TWD's bench is weak. Abe, Sasha, Tara, FPP, Eugene - I mean, they all have their fans. (I like Tara.) thing is, TPTB hasn't really developed them sufficiently. It's been SIX seasons!

Actually, I don't disagree with you. My point was that unlike traditional (I pass no judgement when I use that term) shows, the lead here - Rick- isn't in every episode. In fact, he's only featured in a percentage of those. I like Rick. He's why I watch. The other characters, at least I feel, have not managed to step up to the plate. We get a Daryl episode or a Carol episode, and they have their fans. Remember Lost? There were arguably four to six (more?) leads. You didn't need Jack every episode because you might have Sawyer or Locke or even Ben. Yes Daryl can carry the lead as can a Carol but only occasionally. I like Daryl, but I don't see this show becoming Daryl v. The Walking Dead, where he is the MAIN man.

I think if the writers could find a way to make it so that more of the characters can step up and lead a character, AL might be more inclined to stay and be happy. Because then he will be able to find time to do other projects that will keep him interesting.

• Love 1

Not surprised.  As soon as they introduced the Hilltop doctor I knew Denise was probably a goner. 

HilltopDoc better watch his back; CDB's hard-on against medical personnel is getting positively monstrous.

I remember when he was actually on the couch of Talking Dead a couple of years ago..maybe even last season and he said then that NO character is off limits for death and that included Rick. He joked about really hoping he doesn't get killed off.  But I think if his contract ends...and he wants more than AMC is willing to pay...he could be a goner :(

Or AL could be replaced instead of being killed off - which might be worse, but I wouldn't but it past TPTB to give it a try to keep the gravy train running.

Just please god don't let it be Ted McGinley.

• Love 1

HilltopDoc better watch his back; CDB's hard-on against medical personnel is getting positively monstrous.

Or AL could be replaced instead of being killed off - which might be worse, but I wouldn't but it past TPTB to give it a try to keep the gravy train running.

Just please god don't let it be Ted McGinley.

Oh gods. I don't believe for a minute they would re-cast the part if AL wanted out. That just...NO NO NO.  They could just have Carl become the new Rick essentially.  I think Andy has made Rick too iconic now to recast him. 

• Love 3

It sounds like, in the season finale, Carol drifts off and then Morgan finds her (we already knew they were going to be in a scene together in the finale), complete with a fresh wound?  (I saw it on TSDF's Facebook page right before I popped in here -- it was posted there about 40-ish minutes ago.)

Hmm.  We already know she is struggling with the whole 'to kill or not to kill' issue, so I hope it's not going to be a long scene with more of that.  I wonder if she will end up killing Morgan (I hope not, because I like Morgan, but I feel like one of them might die in that episode and it probably won't be Carol).

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

According to Spoil the Dead, Eugene bites Dwight's crotch in 6x14 (just as he did in the comics)! Yay! They also say that there's something brewing between Spencer and Rosita. (Romain at SpoilerTV says that a "surprising" new couple will form inside the walls, which sounds like a Spencer/Rosita pairing to me.) Not surprising, given that they've been paired off a few times (that scene on the wall, for one). He's a more plausible rebound than Eugene, that's for darn sure.

Romain over at SpoilerTV has a number of exciting tidbits for the Advance Preview of 6x14. He says that Eugene is making progress and using his brain.

Spoil the Dead also confirms that Carol is the one leaving Alexandria (sorry, Tobin) that multiple search parties set out to find, not Daryl as I thought earlier. Rereading the spoiler for the scene in 6x15, it seems that Daryl is upset over Denise's death at Dwight's hands, not about Carol.

According to Romain, someone pulls a Berger on their boyfriend/girlfriend and dumps them via note. Sounds like Carol breaks up with Tobin before peacing out of Alexandria.

A number of Alexandrians are back, but Carl and Michonne are not in 6x14.

I'm also seeing rumours on Tumblr about some sort of Carol/Daryl fight in 6x14. They could be assuming that the following bit from Romain's SpoilerTV preview refers to Daryl and Carol (although it could equally apply to Carol/Morgan, Abe/Eugene or Spencer/Rosita), or the fact that Romain tweeted at someone who had asked whether Caryl fans would hate the episode "Hmmm it might be a roller coaster :)":

- Two characters will have an honest talk, and that could lead to some very mean comments.
Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

Hmm.  We already know she is struggling with the whole 'to kill or not to kill' issue, so I hope it's not going to be a long scene with more of that.  I wonder if she will end up killing Morgan (I hope not, because I like Morgan, but I feel like one of them might die in that episode and it probably won't be Carol).

I don't know about this. I'm going to go against the consensus here. I think Morgan in the writers eyes, still has a story to be told and they are just now getting started with it. IMO they didn't do all this build up towards him finding Rick and CDB only for him to die the same season without anything significant happening with his story.

I know LJ doesnt like grass to grow under his feet but I don't think TPTB would've brought him on as a main character if he wasn't willing to commit for at least a couple of seasons.

I think he'll be around for a while. There's something brewing with him and Carol, and I don't necessarily think romance, but something that IMO will have a longer story arc than the rest of the season.

• Love 1

Eyes High -- "Pulls a Berger"!!!!!  Lol.  The dreaded Post-It breakup!  (I loved SATC, so I got the reference right away.)

It seems like Carol and Daryl must have a couple of scenes together in this upcoming episode (#14).   So if they have an argument of some kind, then maybe that prompts an already conflicted Carol to wander off, distraught and alone.   Everyone sets out to find her.  Morgan does eventually find her in episode 16 (he is on a horse), and finds her rosary, and sees that Carol is wounded.  He patches her up and wants to get her further help in the daylight, but she refuses.

So, if all of that is accurate (courtesy of TSDF), the question is will she and Morgan both leave there and rejoin the group, only to learn that someone has been been bashed over the head with a bat?  Or will either Carol or Morgan die at the camp where Morgan finds her?  Will Morgan sacrifice himself to save Carol if danger is in the air?  

By the way... when Daryl, Sasha and Abe ran into Negan's men and Daryl blew them up, he had been cut by one of them first.  He was later patched up, but since we didn't actually see him getting cut and we still learned of it anyway, I felt like it was foreshadowing something.  Isn't there something in the comics about infected knives used by the Saviors?  Daryl hasn't dropped dead or started hallucinating and becoming ill, but it still seemed like that brief moment in the scene (where Sasha sees that he was cut) was there for a reason that would be revealed later.

I wonder if Carol's wound (the one she has when Morgan finds her in the season finale) is due to an infected knife?

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1
Eyes High -- "Pulls a Berger!!!!!  Lol.  The dreaded Post-It breakup!  (I loved SATC, so I got the reference right away.)

"I'm sorry. I can't. Don't hate me" seems like something Carol might write in her current frame of mind, heh.

It seems like Carol and Daryl must have a couple of scenes together in this upcoming episode (#14).   So if they have an argument of some kind, then maybe that prompts an already conflicted Carol to wander off, distraught and alone.   Everyone sets out to find her.  Morgan does eventually find her in episode 16 (he is on a horse), and finds her rosary, and sees that Carol is wounded.  He patches her up and wants to get her further help in the daylight, but she refuses.

A Daryl/Carol argument (or a Morgan/Carol argument) could be the breaking point. We know from Romain that Daryl and Carol have at least one other scene in 6x14 other than the scene from the sneak preview. It must be the blowout from hell if it leads Carol to ditch out on Alexandria.

So, if all of that is accurate (courtesy of TSDF), the question is will she and Morgan both leave there and rejoin the group, only to learn that someone has been been bashed over the head with a bat?  Or will either Carol or Morgan die at the camp where Morgan finds her?  Will Morgan sacrifice himself to save Carol if danger is in the air?

On the one hand, it feels like one of them has to go at that point, it being the season finale and all. On the other hand, it does seem as if the show's not done with Morgan and Carol's journey together.

By the way... when Daryl, Sasha and Abe ran into Negan's men and Daryl blew them up, he had been cut by one of them first.  He was later patched up, but since we didn't actually see him getting cut and we still learned of it anyway, I felt like it was foreshadowing something.  Isn't there something in the comics about infected knives used by the Saviors?  Daryl hasn't dropped dead or started hallucinating and becoming ill, but it still seemed like that brief moment in the scene (where Sasha sees that he was cut) was there for a reason that would be revealed later.

Given that two whole months have elapsed since that injury, I'd say Daryl's safe. Doesn't mean that Carol won't be cut with an infected knife, though.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1