Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

Looks like Maggie and Daryl found the tractor fuel. Now, to be honest, it's been a minute since I lived on a farm. We left the farm when I was still a little girl. Still, I've got to wonder. Is that all the ethanol the Sanctuary made? Those cans don't look like they hold enough fuel to cut a good-sized yard, much less plow the Hilltop's back field. It must be a small field. Otherwise, somebody better plow mighty fast.

Like I said before, use the horses to pull the tractors, or in my world, I would  chain the Saviours to the ploughs and go all Ben Hur on their asses, lashing them to pull as if they were in the hold of a Roman Galley! Lol ??

• Love 1
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Like I said before, use the horses to pull the tractors, or in my world, I would  chain the Saviours to the ploughs and go all Ben Hur on their asses, lashing them to pull as if they were in the hold of a Roman Galley! Lol ??

I helped my granny plow her field with horse and plow. It would take one strong, big mouth savior, or 2 mealy- mouth weak saviors to equal a good plow horse*depending on the soil). Oh, yeah the seeder too, the kids might enjoy doing that job. They need to follow behind drop the seeds and push dirt over them. Idle hands are the devil's tool, too many savior's with idle hands, and loud mouths. Go all Devo on their arses, whip that whip Ben Hur style, lol. 

• Love 1
On 10/16/2018 at 3:05 PM, OoohMaggie said:

E3 Promos

46F96D4F-F860-4549-A777-1BB74D3EA102.jpeg

3F202029-F591-4B6A-BCFE-0F1F22A9A310.jpeg

190C5B98-83DA-466A-B875-0BF7A8C95DCB.jpeg

FAABD3F3-3383-435E-97E5-2DE052B025E4.jpeg

09B9EC0C-7105-437E-9E3F-45071FAE0854.jpeg

7B4E7A83-4C64-4DBA-AB18-8C04DF475A22.jpeg

E21B9DD2-D9D4-463D-A3C6-7574A4F361E6.jpeg

A95923F2-B9CE-4543-B20F-127962DBDF98.jpeg

9461F05A-E7A5-4FC9-A6E8-019423785158.jpeg

F8C49C37-073C-4377-8138-A61B16CF471C.jpeg

3D4B0FCE-9184-4CC5-83AA-202330C820E9.jpeg

4A8BF400-FA31-4794-AB49-DB67DF160824.jpeg

7D94CDD0-C0D9-40D3-A26F-9B1079049682.jpeg

37EFF5EF-6A09-4398-8956-08602CC55651.jpeg

319C3F75-168D-4FC8-BFDA-D7525AD9CD65.jpeg

9D15EE4D-6559-41A7-9001-1FE4C63288AC.jpeg

002D4359-6C1A-46D8-9BED-0A9614EB82AE.jpeg

0A356CD3-5BBF-49AE-A888-F9113EEB1074.jpeg

4 minutes ago, WalkerTalker said:

I helped my granny plow her field with horse and plow. It would take one strong, big mouth savior, or 2 mealy- mouth weak saviors to equal a good plow horse*depending on the soil). Oh, yeah the seeder too, the kids might enjoy doing that job. They need to follow behind drop the seeds and push dirt over them. Idle hands are the devil's tool, too many savior's with idle hands, and loud mouths. Go all Devo on their arses, whip that whip Ben Hur style, lol. 

That little actress playing Judith is a adorable, oh so cute. Hope she grows up to be a warrior queen, and not a walker attack snack. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

Looks like Maggie and Daryl found the tractor fuel. Now, to be honest, it's been a minute since I lived on a farm. We left the farm when I was still a little girl. Still, I've got to wonder. Is that all the ethanol the Sanctuary made? Those cans don't look like they hold enough fuel to cut a good-sized yard, much less plow the Hilltop's back field. It must be a small field. Otherwise, somebody better plow mighty fast.

When watching TWD I suspend reality, but even if I could buy that Eugene could figure out how to make ethanol, it is impossible to believe that the Sanctuary could produce enough to keep a tractor and/or Daryl's motorcycle running for any extended period of time.

• Love 1
On 10/16/2018 at 3:05 PM, OoohMaggie said:

E3 Promos

09B9EC0C-7105-437E-9E3F-45071FAE0854.jpeg

E21B9DD2-D9D4-463D-A3C6-7574A4F361E6.jpeg

A95923F2-B9CE-4543-B20F-127962DBDF98.jpeg

9461F05A-E7A5-4FC9-A6E8-019423785158.jpeg

3D4B0FCE-9184-4CC5-83AA-202330C820E9.jpeg

4A8BF400-FA31-4794-AB49-DB67DF160824.jpeg

It looks like Michonne picked up a few pieces from the Victoria Secret's 'ZA' Collection on the trip to DC.  It's nice that tptb finally recognized what many of us knew from the very beginning:  Danai is probably one of the hottest women in show business.  But is all of this in honour of Michonne or Rick's dick?  Norman must be pissed.

22 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

It looks like Michonne picked up a few pieces from the Victoria Secret's 'ZA' Collection on the trip to DC.  It's nice that tptb finally recognized what many of us knew from the very beginning:  Danai is probably one of the hottest women in show business. 

I think Danai/Michonne has a bangin' body but I'm not gonna lie, I've hated that dread wig from the get go.  It's awful.  Just awful.

• Love 5
On 10/9/2018 at 1:52 PM, LydiaMoon1 said:

Why are they doing my Rick this way? Suddenly he's a crack shot again? NOW he can shoot so well he can sever a rope across the way that's holding logs together, but in Season 8 he couldn't put nary a bullet in Negan or any of his lieutenants when they were lined up on that Sanctuary balcony like ducks in a row?  I mean....DAYUM!!!!

Now my head hurts.

Well, it probably helps that the rope can't shoot back.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:34 AM, Ohwell said:

Well, that BJ must have blown his mind.  

...only if FPP thinks with his dick.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

Can you believe it’s only four days shy of two years, since we found out who was on the receiving end of Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe?  With the recent Maggie bashing in mind, maybe a reminder of how close you came, but alas............ Lol

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

A question about The Whisperers

Spoiler

The only thing I really know about The Whisperers, is that they wear the skin from Walkers to enable them to mingle unnoticed amongst the same. It’s always bothered me as to how such a thing would be possible, we all know what happens to human skin when it is removed from its blood source, it’s dries out and shrivels remarkably quickly. Far from remaining flexible enough to ‘wear’, it turns hard and stiff. I’ve always thought that this is one of those things that would work in a comic, but will just not transfer sensibly to the screen, and will end up being the most ridiculous thing we’ve had to endure so far. Or is there something so far unknown that will make sense of it all?

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
On 10/17/2018 at 6:56 PM, WalkerTalker said:

It would take one strong, big mouth savior, or 2 mealy- mouth weak saviors to equal a good plow horse*

I think it's more like 10 average Saviors to equal the power of one draft horse. I'd like to see them all harnessed up in front of the plow.

On 10/18/2018 at 12:10 PM, mightysparrow said:

It looks like Michonne picked up a few pieces from the Victoria Secret's 'ZA' Collection on the trip to DC.

She should have picked up some pants. Those seem to be her only pair (what does she do on laundry day?) and it's a miracle they haven't split at the seams and aren't in tatters by now.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

She should have picked up some pants. Those seem to be her only pair (what does she do on laundry day?) and it's a miracle they haven't split at the seams and aren't in tatters by now.

Speaking of pants, I notice that all the women are wearing the same type of skinny jeans--no boot cuts or straight legs or flares.  Maybe they all raided Old Navy?  (And how convenient that the men and women, just happen to all be wearing some type of boot?)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Speaking of pants, I notice that all the women are wearing the same type of skinny jeans--no boot cuts or straight legs or flares.  Maybe they all raided Old Navy?  (And how convenient that the men and women, just happen to all be wearing some type of boot?)

I noticed in the picture of the Grimes Family unit, that Judith had taken off HER pair of boots.  So maybe Michonne swung by a Payless after she left Victoria's Secret.  Because we know that Michonne is the one who's making sure that Judith is properly dressed and fed.  Rick's too busy swanning about being the 'Fearless Leader'.  I'm waiting for when he decides he needs an entourage like any other petty dictator.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

You make a good point.  Women (at least the ones under 40) are required to dress provocatively.  Michonne has the best ass in the ZA and she wears the tightest pants.  Every man who has ever done a scene with Danai has been caught staring at her behind.  And yet we're supposed to believe that not one of those men ever made a pass at her until Rick Grimes came along.  Bullshit.  Fucking Hershel flirted with Michonne.  And Merle would have turned in his KKK membership card if Michonne gave him a second look.  In the comics, Michonne had a very active sex life.   But it looked like Gimple was scared of a sexually active Michonne. 

Well... in KirkmanWorld, the facts that Michonne is...

1. A very reserved person who doesn’t normally encourage chit-chat with casual acquaintances, and
  2. Normally found carrying around 2+ feet of razor-sharp phallic symbolism,

...might both come into play on this particular discussion topic.  ;>

• Love 2
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I've long puzzled over the fact that the women who have good figures and/or bodacious booties must - unlike any of the men - wear super-tight pants

Grown men don’t usually wear skin tight ‘pants’ as you call them, so you wouldn’t expect to see them in a ZA. They would be waking around in 3 year old jeans hanging halfway down their arse!   I was surprised at the lack of ‘builders crack’ when working on that bridge. There are guys wearing armless tops showing off their physique, lots of swooning over Justin, not so much for Daryl anymore Lol

it is amazing how the girls ‘pants’ never seem to stretch, no saggy arses or knees. Regarding the comments about the lack of sex, is this where all the Saviours are disappearing to, they’re wearing little black shorts and a white bow tie serving wine to the ladies at Oceanside.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
On 10/18/2018 at 12:26 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Hasn’t Regina got that covered? 

I agree with Juliegirl, and you. I don't think Judith looks like Shane, Rick, or Lori. It would have been nice if she resembled Shane, or at least Lori. Actually, it would have been better if she resembled Lori. After they spent so much time on Rick going craycray over Lori's passing to have Judith look like a mini Lori would have added to the story line. Regina is a warrior queen like Michonne. She does resemble Shane with that haircut, and attitude. I hope they evolve her character into a team player and keep her around for awhile. Strong women on these shows is finally catching on. Don't delete her before she has a chance to shine. 

21 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I think it's more like 10 average Saviors to equal the power of one draft horse. I'd like to see them all harnessed up in front of the plow.

Thank goodness for the small percentage of spandex they put in jeans now. Who woulda thunk they would make surviving the za in one pair of pants possible, lol. Laundry day, a walk in a lake maybe, lol. 

You are right it would take 10 Saviors to plow the field. Saviors are a bunch of whiny itches. 

1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

Who is Regina?

Regina is one of Negan's female enforcers. She was the one at the table with the mohawk. Lean, mean female fighting machine, Regina!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, WalkerTalker said:

Regina is one of Negan's female enforcers. She was the one at the table with the mohawk. Lean, mean female fighting machine, Regina!

Oh, ok thanks.  I don't remember most of the B-level one's names. 

I do remember Jerry though. ; )

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, WalkerTalker said:

I hope they evolve her character into a team player and keep her around for awhile.

Well judging by the way she is talking to Grumpy Cat and Kal in the Sneak Peek, I wouldn’t trust her as far as I could throw her off Coral’s new bridge!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

In fairness to Negan, that particular atrocity was not directed by him.  He made it more than clear last season that the guy who led the Saviors before him directed that one.

When was this stated last season?  The closest I remember to anything similar was Negan saying he did not order Simon’s wholesale slaughter of the GPKs - THAT incident was Simon going rogue over Negan’s orders.  I don’t immediately recall Negan mentioning Oceanside.

(Not saying it didn’t happen - just that I don’t remember it.)

• Love 1

I care about being as fair to Negan as he was to Glenn and Abraham, fair with a bat bashing his head in.

I think that Daryl is going to offer Rick a ride to Alexandria, but really it is to stop him from getting there in time to save Negan from Maggie. I can see all of this conflict causing Maggie to leave with Hershel.

Opening minutes of the next episode. Features a restless Michonne. She isn't content as she is wants Rick to think that she is

Edited by SimoneS
18 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

He mentioned it in Simon's death episode.  He didn't specifically say Oceanside's name, but he said there was a community whose men were all slaughtered, and it was led by the man who led the Saviors beforehand.  He pretty much had to be talking about Oceanside.

Found it - S8Ep15, “Worth”:

Negan (to Simon): You know, I remember when I took this place - when YOU helped me take this place.  Wasn’t sure I wanted to keep you on board.  I mean, before me, before there was a system in place - what you did, killing all those men, those boys in that settlement so long ago, a lot of people would think that is some psychotic shit.  Like that is the work of a demented, broken, goddamn ghoul.  Like that’s not someone that you want to work with, let alone stand next to.  So I figured I’d keep my eye on you.  And I did.  And everything seemed to work out - right up until this point.

Edited by Nashville
Added bolding
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

In fairness to Negan, that particular atrocity was not directed by him.  He made it more than clear last season that the guy who led the Saviors before him directed that 

He defly knew about it and did nothing, after the fact. So there is no 'being fair' about it.  His second did it, and he is as responsible as when Simon killed all the trash people. You lie with dogs, you get fleas.

Edited by Butless
12 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Opening minutes of the next episode. Features a restless Michonne. She isn't content as she is wants Rick to think that she is

So she's pretty much the same as Daryl, who was happier living on the road, fighting for survival, and never taking a shower?  Well, she has nothing to worry about since the Rick Grimes plan is obviously about to go kaput along with the man himself.  One happy family day and talk of having a baby = certain doom.

Edited by cambridgeguy
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Butless said:

He defly knew about it and did nothing, after the fact. So there is no 'being fair' about it.  His second did it, and he is as responsible as when Simon killed all the trash people. You lie with dogs, you get fleas.

Please check the quote again:

16 hours ago, Nashville said:

Negan (to Simon): You know, I remember when I took this place - when YOU helped me take this place.  Wasn’t sure I wanted to keep you on board.  I mean, before me, before there was a system in place - what you did, killing all those men, those boys in that settlement so long ago, a lot of people would think that is some psychotic shit.  Like that is the work of a demented, broken, goddamn ghoul.  Like that’s not someone that you want to work with, let alone stand next to.  So I figured I’d keep my eye on you.  And I did.  And everything seemed to work out - right up until this point.

Negan specifically stated Simon conducted the Oceanside massacre before Negan took over the Sanctuary operation - so much as I heartily detest Negan, that’un can’t be laid at his feet.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

thx for sharing that info. Knowing what we know about Jadis it is plausible that she was getting ready to trade Negan. I bet they traded captured, and traded Heath. It appears they are turning the person before they trade them though. Are they physically trading the person, or just doing a live snuff for the helicopter? 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Watching the opening minutes clip I thought the dead had literally risen, Francine did make it after all, but alas it was just a cruel mistake.

Poor Francine, she never got any thanks for her hard work. even on the immemorial on TTD. Chris Hardwick never said anything about her.. I was holding out for her to become a gf to one of the main guys like Abraham.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Deadheads... said:

I was holding out for her to become a gf to one of the main guys like Abraham.

Especially after he saved her from the Walkers, she was always my Maggie 2.0, in case Mk1 didnt make it.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

thx for sharing that info. Knowing what we know about Jadis it is plausible that she was getting ready to trade Negan. I bet they traded captured, and traded Heath. It appears they are turning the person before they trade them though. Are they physically trading the person, or just doing a live snuff for the helicopter? 

I don’t understand why an organisation with the resources to put a chopper in the air, would need LoonyTune to provide specimens, stil, let’s see where the story goes. My only concern is that what is about to come will be ‘The Gimp’s’ work, what he envisioned before he got ‘promoted’,  Kang has been a pleasant surprise so far, it would be a shame for his tentacles to reach out from the past and pull the show back into the mire.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

I don’t understand why an organisation with the resources to put a chopper in the air, would need LoonyTune to provide specimens, stil, let’s see where the story goes. My only concern is that what is about to come will be ‘The Gimp’s’ work, what he envisioned before he got ‘promoted’,  Kang has been a pleasant surprise so far, it would be a shame for his tentacles to reach out from the past and pull the show back into the mire.

Isn't that the truth. If she is killing the peeps for them to view from above then it is another za tragedy. Someone able to fly a chopper, has their hands on a chopper access to gas,, and instead of helping others is flying around watching them be killed. 

13 hours ago, Deadheads... said:

Poor Francine, she never got any thanks for her hard work. even on the immemorial on TTD. Chris Hardwick never said anything about her.. I was holding out for her to become a gf to one of the main guys like Abraham.

Which one was Francine?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Nashville said:
On 10/22/2018 at 8:17 PM, Nashville said:

Negan specifically stated Simon conducted the Oceanside massacre before Negan took over the Sanctuary operation - so much as I heartily detest Negan, that’un can’t be laid at his feet.

IDGAF. Negan picked Simon to be his top henchman and made him his right hand man for...what reason exactly? Because he had nice eyes? His jovial personality? NO. You hire a hit man because you want him to make a hit, not because you want him to give somebody a stern talking to. The writers might want me to believe that Negan kept a psycho around just to serve hot meals and babysit the kiddies, but logic tells me that Negan picked Simon because of his demonstrated ability to kill and terrorize. Having Simon as his lieutenant was like having a rabid pit bull on a flimsy leash. It made subjugating people easier because it amped the intimidation factor up to the moon. So, yeah. The show can peddle this 'Simon was the bad one and Negan's really a great guy' BS all they want. I ain't buying it. I ain't never buying it!

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, WalkerTalker said:

Which one was Francine?

She was from Alexandria. Short, dark hair. I think her first big scene was when Abraham, shortly after getting to Alexandria, went to work moving dirt, building walls, or something like that. As they were at the construction scene, they got attacked by Walkers. The Alexanderites didn’t know what to do, but Abe rallayed them, and saved Francine. She died when they attacked the Sanctuary.  She was in other scenes and I always thoght they are going to make her role more prominent. Alas, no. Which seems to happens a lot  on this show.

• Love 5

The thing that bugs me is that so many people are so down on Rick when he's the one who's gotten them this far. Wouldn't Maggie still be back on the farm with her family, no doubt having been overrun by walkers? Wouldn't Daryl still be in the woods chasing down stray raccoons, or trying to outdrink his brother? Would Glenn have ever gotten out of downtown Atlanta?

Look, Rick is NOT a perfect leader. But who is? Daryl couldn't handle the Sanctuary and flipped it to Carol like a hot potato. Yes, I know he had his reasons. But that's the thing, isn't it? To be a good boss means you take on the good AND bad. Rick's always been willing to do that, sometimes more willingly than other times, but still, he does. Yes, he will sometimes make mistakes.

Look, I like all the main characters (some more than others), but I don't see any of them being a full-time leader.

I think the defining issue in the whole mess is Negan. I don't know why (or when) TPTB decided to let him live. Now bear with me, and I hope I'm not saying anything out-of-school here:

The actor playing Carl decided to jump ship. The actress playing Maggi announced she was leaving (or was possibly leaving). THen came the announcement from Andrew Lincoln. I have no idea the exact sequence of those. I will say this: It may not be what people think because I'm sure there were some behind-the-scenes negotiations involved. So, for instance, Maybe Lauren Cohen said something last November (Please understand-- I am merely picking dates out of the air). TPTB probably groveled for weeks if not longer to get her to stay. But by February, it was clear a deal couldn't be reached and an announcement was made. (Again, I am PICKING arbitrary dates because I don't remember these things.) Well, let's say Chandler Riggs said he was leaving somewhere in the middle of Lauren's discussion. Well, TPTB are now scrambling. Not only are they fearful of losing some of their top actors, WHAT does it mean to the storyline??!!??

Then comes the Andrew Lincoln bombshell.

All of a sudden, they have to reconsider the trajectory of the plot, and probably big-time. Losing Maggie would be tough, but they could probably get by. Losing either Chandler or Andrew alone would be tough, but BOTH? (Since Carl is/was supposed to be the future, and played a part in the Negan saga.)

All of a sudden the Negan story-line has become ... different. At least in my mind, it all of a sudden will have to play out differently than, say, a year ago (or time, not show time).

It would be interesting to know what the plan —— if it was different, and maybe it wasn't — let's say a year ago before Chandler announced he was leaving.

But it does seem they are pissing on the role of Rick.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

Which one was Francine?

Didn’t you use the character Id page I gave a link to yesterday? 

To add to what J’ONeill said above, She injured her leg during the attack and Tobin, big surprise, was willing to leave her behind, but Abraham helped her into the cab of an excavator, she died attacking Regina’s ‘that damn woman again!’ Outpost, the old insurance office ??

as I said she was always my Maggie 2.0

boy I do miss those old characters

1E7348ED-6E17-4880-816E-82019D3C72C7.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, JackONeill said:

The actor playing Carl decided to jump ship.

This is the biggest flaw in your reasoning, Chandler did not want to leave The Walking Dead. He was fired. Many have speculated that Andy Lincoln was so disgusted at the way Chandler was treated, that it played a major influence in him leaving. Apparently  Lauren did not receive the pay offer that she thought she was worth, which, amongst other reasons is why she sought other roles. If ‘The Gimp’ knew that Lincoln wanted to leave, and yet still fired Riggs when he did, and didn’t settle sensibly with Lauren, then he will be remembered on top of many other things, as the reason this show has suffered as much as it has, and if it dies after Lincoln and Lauren have gone, the wreath will be placed squarely at his feet.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

This is the biggest flaw in your reasoning, Chandler did not want to leave The Walking Dead. He was fired. Many have speculated that Andy Lincoln was so disgusted at the way Chandler was treated, that it played a major influence in him leaving. Apparently  Lauren did not receive the pay offer that she thought she was worth, which, amongst other reasons is why she sought other rolls. If ‘The Gimp’ knew that Lincoln wanted to leave, and yet still fired Riggs when he did, and didn’t settle sensibly with Lauren, then he will be remembered on top of many other things, as the reason this show has suffered as much as it has, and if it dies after Lincoln and Lauren have gone, the wreath will be placed squarely at his feet.

I knew I didn’t have all the facts right, but I knew enough to suspect TPTB had screwed up.

And now they are making it worse by making the series-long “hero” look like an idiot largely BECAUSE of . . . Negan. Like I said, Ruck is not perfect and I know some don’t like him, but this show is Rick’s show. I hate that they are cheapening him.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

IDGAF. Negan picked Simon to be his top henchman and made him his right hand man for...what reason exactly? Because he had nice eyes? His jovial personality? NO. You hire a hit man because you want him to make a hit, not because you want him to give somebody a stern talking to. The writers might want me to believe that Negan kept a psycho around just to serve hot meals and babysit the kiddies, but logic tells me that Negan picked Simon because of his demonstrated ability to kill and terrorize. Having Simon as his lieutenant was like having a rabid pit bull on a flimsy leash. It made subjugating people easier because it amped the intimidation factor up to the moon. So, yeah. The show can peddle this 'Simon was the bad one and Negan's really a great guy' BS all they want. I ain't buying it. I ain't never buying it!

It also begs the question, if Negan knew about what Simon did at Oceanside, why did he send him to teach the garbage people a lesson?  One thing Negan isn't is naive.

• Love 3
On 10/24/2018 at 4:16 PM, JackONeill said:

I knew I didn’t have all the facts right, but I knew enough to suspect TPTB had screwed up.

• Depending upon how their contract is structured, a portion of an actor’s pay is usually based on the number of hours they spend actively filming on set; even if every scene they shot eventually ends up on the cutting room floor, the standard SAG contracts allow an actor to at least be paid for the time they put in on-set.
  • For the entirety of his TWD career, Chandler Riggs had been operating under the auspices of child actor labor law which, among other things, capped the hours he could work at 8 hours a day / 48 hours a week - a cap TWD Production (Scott Gimple specifically?) was okay with, as it kept production costs down.
  • Chandler, however, was on the verge of turning 18 - which, among other things, meant two things in particular: (a) Riggs’s contract was up for renewal, and (b) he would no longer be limited on the number of hours for which he could work and be paid.

So - faced with the potential of CR’s hourly rate and payable hours both suddenly and simultaneously expanding, and against the financial backdrop of a TWD ratings sag ever since a character whose name starts with Negan began monopolizing the screen, someone in Production decided to swing an economic axe which caught Coral straight in the wallet - and Chandler Riggs was fired two weeks shy of his 18th birthday.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:18 PM, icemiser69 said:

We will probably never know the real reason why Riggs got canned, but I wouldn't assume that it was all on Gimple.  I am no Gimple fan, but I think there is far more to the story.

https://blindgossip.com/child-stars-dad-causing-problems/

Maybe it was Gimple who made the final decision, maybe not - but it was Gimple who gave Chandler his notice over the phone.  And I would tend to agree Dad probably didn’t do Chandler any favors by deciding he was qualified to act as his son’s agent - but it’s all water under the bridge now.

Edited by Nashville
Changed “fired” to “gave notice” - termination wasn’t immediate
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JackONeill said:

And now they are making it worse by making the series-long “hero” look like an idiot largely BECAUSE of . . . Negan. Like I said, Ruck is not perfect and I know some don’t like him, but this show is Rick’s show. I hate that they are cheapening him.

Rick is indeed not perfect, and nor should he ever be made out to be so, I think most of us agree with you about what they have done to him over the recent seasons. From his sudden inability to shoot straight, to his ludicrous decision making, it has been painful to watch what has happened to such a strong, pivotal character. How many of our favourite characters have been made to look like complete idiots though? Pretty much all of them at one point or another, our characters can only reflect the quality of writing and direction that they are given, which we all know can be woeful at times, more times than than is acceptable for a show that so many of us have stuck with since the beginning.

• Love 3