Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I can't imagine what Cate feels looking at Tyler's f'n face every day.  To wake up knowing that you gave your baby away for this asshat and spent how many subsequent years eating his shit all for the hope of a happily ever after. She has jumped thru every hoop he but in front of her, smiled through every shady insult.  He gives a ring, takes it back.  He tells her he wants an educated woman when they both barely made it out of high school. He all but calls her a lazy fat ass when he's gossiping with his mother.  And to top it off all of America is telling her he is the BEST GUY EVAH and she's so lucky to have him.

He really does not like Catelyn and she knows it.  Cate knows the only reason he's around is because of those MTV cameras.   And now Nova is here.  If ever there was a miracle baby, Nova is it because Tyler strikes me at the most non-sexual man in the universe. I wish Cate was able to get some true therapy to help her open her eyes to how much better she can do than him. Who needs to live a life being constantly told you aren't good enough for me.

Sorry my thoughts are all over the place, boss keeps walking by.  The nerve.

I personally think part of the reason why Cate got so depressed after her wedding was because she was realizing that she married a guy who really wasn't worth squat. The way he so blatantly puts her down, the way he ignores their daughter, the way he jeopardized the adoption because his ego was bruised, the way he doesn't hide the fact that he dislikes her and regrets being with her. I mean, you're spot on with your comment. How does Catelynn get through each day, knowing she only went through with the adoption to appease this assclown? I know she had so many legitimate reasons to initially place Carly, but she only went through with it because she knew point-blank that Tyler would've left her to be a single mother. Giving up Carly really was the best decision, but I think Tyler played on Catelynn's abandonment issues and fears of being dumped to convince her when she had her doubts. He didn't want to raise Carly, and now he doesn't want to raise Nova. No wonder Catelynn's depressed.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I can't imagine what Cate feels looking at Tyler's f'n face every day.  To wake up knowing that you gave your baby away for this asshat and spent how many subsequent years eating his shit all for the hope of a happily ever after. She has jumped thru every hoop he but in front of her, smiled through every shady insult.  He gives a ring, takes it back.  He tells her he wants an educated woman when they both barely made it out of high school. He all but calls her a lazy fat ass when he's gossiping with his mother.  And to top it off all of America is telling her he is the BEST GUY EVAH and she's so lucky to have him.

He really does not like Catelyn and she knows it.  Cate knows the only reason he's around is because of those MTV cameras.   And now Nova is here. 

If ever there was a miracle baby, Nova is it because Tyler strikes me at the most non-sexual man in the universe.

I wish Cate was able to get some true therapy to help her open her eyes to how much better she can do than him. Who needs to live a life being constantly told you aren't good enough for me.

I agree with everything you've said, but the "non-sexual man" part because in the "Being Butch" special he said that sex is the most important part of a relationship. Who's not giving it up? Tyler or Catelynn? He clearly was throwing shade at Catelynn for not being overly sexual during her time in depression. Idk. I hate him.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, lidarose9 said:

I have always thought that Tyler is gay and just doesn't know it yet.

I think he went for a gay test drive when he dropped out of community college suddenly and ran off to New Orleans (without Catelynn) to become an actor.  This was 2012 before the Teen Mom/MTV $$ was plentiful -- so he was put in up in a nice apartment by a "manager" (Walker Hines, former Louisiana State Rep).  It didn't work out and then the manager moved onto other Twinks. 

• Love 8

All Nova is to Tyler is a prop to keep him relevant .... she's a beautiful baby girl and deserves so much better...she will grow up hearing about Carly and secretly wishing she had been adopted out.?

• Love 8
(edited)

There's an "OG" marathon on MTV right now and they're airing the episode where Tyler posts that Carly video on his fan page and then throws a shitfit when Brandon and Teresa get upset that he deliberately broke their rules. And he's sitting there ranting and raving about how they shouldn't have adopted Carly if they didn't like the fact that she had pseudo-famous birth parents. Catelynn's crying, and Tyler has the audacity to ask why she's so upset. Gee, buddy, it couldn't be because you're jeopardizing her relationship with her firstborn over the fact that you're not allowed to share photos with your crazy, sycophantic fans? No, she's obviously crying because B&T are just being so unfair by asking these two clods to do one simple thing. It's so clear.

I read this somewhere, and I forget who said it, but I think it bears repeating: Tyler will be the worst thing to happen to Cate's relationship with Carly. I can see him interfering in their conversations or intercepting Carly's letters or emails to Cate to see if she's saying shit about him. He'll constantly be reminding her, "I was the only one who wanted to give you up for adoption. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have had that really nice upper middle-class lifestyle. So you better be nice to me or else." I mean, he plays these games with Catelynn, B&T, and other people in his life. I can totally see Tyler trying to manipulate Carly to fit his goals and narrative. God help her if she ever decides she doesn't want to have a relationship with him when she gets old enough to make that decision herself. I mean, it's already bad enough that his child's adoptive parents don't really like him and only put up with him for his wife's sake. But if Carly herself---the only reason why he even has a modicum of fame---wants nothing to do with him? Tyler will never get over it, and he will rake his own flesh-and-blood child over the coals just so he can remind everybody of the one mature decision he's ever made in his entire life.

Edited by geekamonggeeks
I had more things to say!
  • Love 9
On 7/26/2016 at 6:59 AM, Brooklynista said:

He really does not like Catelyn and she knows it.  Cate knows the only reason he's around is because of those MTV cameras.   And now Nova is here.  If ever there was a miracle baby, Nova is it because Tyler strikes me at the most non-sexual man in the universe. I wish Cate was able to get some true therapy to help her open her eyes to how much better she can do than him. Who needs to live a life being constantly told you aren't good enough for me.

Fucking boss! ITA to your post.

My thoughts about Cate are different in that although she comes off as very nice and sweet, she wouldn't hurt a fly, and possibly knows a lot more about life solely because of what she has gone through, and I have so much sympathy for what she had to go through, she doesn't really have much to offer to anyone. I can't imagine being with someone who chomps on their nails, smokes pot on a weekly basis while staying home and not doing much while at home, has no goals or desire to work or receive an education. I am not even talking about her looks, but her overall demeanor is just sloth-like to me. Cate is like Leah Messer in that they just wait for that MTV check to roll in with no desire to better their lives.

For all of Tyler's faults, there is nothing that is holding her back from going to school or getting a job. We know in real time she went for help. She has returned home and is still not doing anything for herself. Going to Comic-Con and dumping Nova on everyone is her life and that may be all she wants.

• Love 4
On 7/18/2016 at 7:46 PM, Miss Chevious said:

Just saw the Being Butch special. Didn't see a category for this, so I'll just post my observations here. I was never a big Butch fan, but I was pleasantly surprised to see he really is working on getting his act together. He now has a job and a new girlfriend who seems to have her head on straight. He seems to genuinely regret his cruel comment to Tyler about how cocaine was the most important thing in his life even more than his children. He has goals to continue his sobriety and own property. He seemed to be a loving Grandpa in his scenes with Nova. I wish him luck and hope he continues to stay on the straight and narrow.

Glad Butch is being productive.

When the addict and abuser comes out of prison and secures a job before his own son and daughter-in-law do after they have been on a show that paid them at least close half a million dollars (after taxes) in 7 years, something is definitely wrong with those two. If Cate can go to Comic-Con and go party every and get high week while dumping her child on Butch and April, then she loses all my sympathy. She is no different than Leah.

• Love 3
(edited)

I recently watched the episode where Tyler wants Cate's phone records because she had been talking to a guy she dated when she was THIRTEEN.  Tyler was such an asshole to Catelynn in that episode and kept laying into her about TRUST, TRUST, TRUST and at one point telling her that her presence disgusts him.   What an ass hat.  I felt so bad for Cate watching that episode knowing that she ended up married to Tyler and he continues to treat her like garbage.  I would love, love, LOVE to see Tyler with a more self confident woman who would tell him what's what when he starts his abusive shit. Dude needs someone to lay all of his shit bare for the cameras.  I would pay money to see that.  And Catelynn will never leave him even though she could do better because she loves him.  Sad all around.  Tyler will be Butch in 20 years but without the charm.

Edited by Emmierose
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Emmierose said:

I recently watched the episode where Tyler wants Cate's phone records because she had been talking to a guy she dated when she was THIRTEEN.  Tyler was such an asshole to Catelynn in that episode and kept laying into her about TRUST, TRUST, TRUST and at one point telling her that her presence disgusts him.   What an ass hat.  I felt so bad for Cate watching that episode knowing that she ended up married to Tyler and he continues to treat her like garbage.  I would love, love, LOVE to see Tyler with a more self confident woman who would tell him what's what when he starts his abusive shit. Dude needs someone to lay all of his shit bare for the cameras.  I would pay money to see that.  And Catelynn will never leave him even though she could do better because she loves him.  Sad all around.  Tyler will be Butch in 20 years but without the charm.

I feel like Tyler really didn't give a rat's ass that Cate "cheated" on him and was just looking for an excuse to break up with her without looking like a total ass for doing so. He tried to paint her as this cheater to look sort of justified for dumping her. I think this was around the same time Cate was living with him, and Tyler had Kim throw her out, knowing she would have to live with abusive April and Butch again. I think that was the worst thing about it. Not only was he giving her crap for something she had done years before,  I think it was worse that he threw her to the wolves because he didn't want to date her anymore. As cruel as he was, Tyler would have done a great service to Catelynn if he had broken up with her at that moment. It would have been the best thing for both of them. Unfortunately, he was too chicken-shit to follow through, and Cate was too sad and traumatized from placing Carly to lose the only thing they had in common.

• Love 5

After watching that seconds long Teen Mom OG trailer; Catelynn has to be the most sad and pathetic woman out there to continue staying with Tyler.  That asshat made horrifying comments on national television about her!  Show just an ounce of self respect and dump his over inflated ass!

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

After watching that seconds long Teen Mom OG trailer; Catelynn has to be the most sad and pathetic woman out there to continue staying with Tyler.  That asshat made horrifying comments on national television about her!  Show just an ounce of self respect and dump his over inflated ass!

I rolled my eyes when he was apparently lambasting Cate for having Nova too early. "You thought you were ready to be a mom, but it's just not working out" or whatever the hell he said. Where were you when your wife was getting pregnant, you asshat? Did she use a turkey baster to impregnate herself? Did she take advantage of Tyler when he was drunk and passed out? Both he and Catelynn defended their choice to have a baby together, saying they were ready because they were twenty-two and had their own cell phones, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tyler is going to turn around and act like conceiving again wasn't his idea. I mean, he already ignores Nova and didn't even realize she was out of their house for several days at a time. I can see him trying to twist the situation by saying, "I sort of thought we weren't ready for a kid, but Cate really wanted one because she already missed out on so much with Carly" without outright saying, "I regret having another child with Catelynn" or admitting that he only agreed to have another kid to secure a story line and that rumored second baby bonus.

Speaking of Nova, Cate is doing her a huge disservice by staying in such a toxic, unhealthy marriage. How can she teach her daughter how to have good self-esteem when Cate is keeping herself tethered to a man who puts her down constantly. If Cate really wanted to be a good role model for her child, then she'd tell Tyler to start treating her with some respect or else he's out. She's already put up with his crap for the last seven years. Is she really going to deal with this for the rest of her life? Is it worth it just to say she married her middle-school sweetheart? It's like they're both stuck on being the ultimate success story without wanting to admit that things have changed drastically between them and they're no longer compatible.

Edited by geekamonggeeks
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

I feel like Tyler really didn't give a rat's ass that Cate "cheated" on him and was just looking for an excuse to break up with her without looking like a total ass for doing so. He tried to paint her as this cheater to look sort of justified for dumping her.

I so agree! It's quite obvious, to me, that Tyler has wanted out of this for awhile, but he'll do anything to avoid damaging his "America's Sweetheart" image. I think that's also why he did Couple's Therapy (aside from just his general famewhoreness). He was hoping they would be told they are completely incompatible and should separate immediately. Didn't happen. Now he's basically stuck, and on SM he lavishes Cate like he's the best husband ever. But when the cameras are rolling, he can't fully hide the asshole inside.

• Love 2

How many times has Tyler chickened out of breaking up with Catelynn? When he demanded her phone records. When he had Kim put her out of their house.  When he tried to back out of getting an apartment w her. Every time he's taken the ring back. When he told her to take college classes or else. And of course when he told her to give up Carly or lose him. I'm sure there are more important forgetting.

When does there show start where they locate missing family members? Perhaps they can do a special episode and locate Catelynn's pride.

• Love 8

I sort of watched them when they were on "Couples Therapy" and a few things stuck out for me. One was when they all took this questionnaire thing to decide if they were really compatible with their partners. One of the questions asked, "Are you okay dating somebody who has children?" Catelynn said she would because she technically had a child herself (even though, you know, she wasn't raising said child). Tyler, however, said that he wouldn't date a single parent. I think it threw Catelynn for a loop since she wanted more children with Tyler someday. Even though they ended up having a kid together, that scene always stuck with me for some reason. It just highlighted how different they were from each other.

Tyler wanted to be an actor at some point, right? If he were such a good actor, he'd be able to convince us that his love for Catelynn is genuine. Instead, he can barely stomach her. I bet he wishes he had run off to Baruba before their wedding like he "joked".

12 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

How many times has Tyler chickened out of breaking up with Catelynn? When he demanded her phone records. When he had Kim put her out of their house.  When he tried to back out of getting an apartment w her. Every time he's taken the ring back. When he told her to take college classes or else. And of course when he told her to give up Carly or lose him. I'm sure there are more important forgetting.

When does there show start where they locate missing family members? Perhaps they can do a special episode and locate Catelynn's pride.

What gets me is that Tyler acts like Cate needs him to survive but it's the other way around. She's the Teen Mom. She makes the money. I'm not sure how much Tyler makes per episode, but something tells me that it's not as much as Cate since she's one of the titular mothers. At least I hope he's not. If he ever broke up with her, then his screen time may get drastically reduced like the other dads in the franchise. He would also lose a buttload of popularity with the fans, and we all know he can't lose that. By staying with Cate, Tyler has created his very own hell. Unfortunately, he's dragging his wife and daughter down with him.

• Love 7
On 7/31/2016 at 4:04 PM, geekamonggeeks said:

What gets me is that Tyler acts like Cate needs him to survive but it's the other way around. She's the Teen Mom. She makes the money. I'm not sure how much Tyler makes per episode, but something tells me that it's not as much as Cate since she's one of the titular mothers. At least I hope he's not. If he ever broke up with her, then his screen time may get drastically reduced like the other dads in the franchise. He would also lose a buttload of popularity with the fans, and we all know he can't lose that. By staying with Cate, Tyler has created his very own hell. Unfortunately, he's dragging his wife and daughter down with him.

WORD.  Tyler needs Cate for the money and for his America's sweetheart teen dad reputation.  All his fan girls would start to disappear if it was not for her.

I have heard of people who had horrible childhoods, like Cate, latch on to a bad partner, because it is the only love and stability they have ever known .

If Cate had a different background and more foresight, she would have seen that this opportunity would be a chance to break out of the cycle of neglect, abuse and poverty.  She could have moved and made something of herself.

I would love it if Cate would dump Tyler.  She would be surprised at how fast he would come crawling back once the money runs out and his "acting" career does not take off.  Instead, he acts if she should worship the ground he walks on (which she practically does).

• Love 8

They must be running low on funds....they sold a story to a rag magazine that they want a third child in the near future!   Didn't she just get out of the hospital for depression and post partum issues?

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

They must be running low on funds....they sold a story to a rag magazine that they want a third child in the near future!   Didn't she just get out of the hospital for depression and post partum issues?

It's clinically proven that babies fix broken relationships. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Don't they mean second child? I know biologically Carly is their daughter, of course, but I don't count her in the same group as Nova and any other unfortunate children Cate and Ty decide to foist upon their family members. Catelynn and Tyler are not doing a thing to raise and support Carly. They are not her parents beyond mere genetics. They need to realize once and for all that they have to stop regarding her as another family member. She isn't away at summer camp. She's not on vacation. She's gone. It's been seven years. They need to start letting go and stop focusing so much on Carly or including her in all of their ~milestones~. It isn't healthy for Cate, Ty, and Nova.

As for the post-partum stuff...Cate would be making the biggest mistake of her life if she decides to have another kid right now when she can barely handle the one she has (not the two she has; just one). She's already jumping into trying to get onto another TV show so soon after therapy. But having another kid? Jesus God it would be a disaster in the making. She'd be stuck taking care of the baby all by herself---and Nova, unless she gets booted off to April's semi-permanently---while Tyler would berate her for being a poor mother, for being overweight, for being sad, and do nothing to help her get better. And then she'd have two (not three. Two) children suffering and being subjected to the same exact lifestyle Cate and Ty had to endure and that golden child Carly got to escape.

Edited by geekamonggeeks
Word addition
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

They only have one child now, so second child. FFS.

They're fused to the belief that Carly will come running to them the moment she turns 18 and they'll be together forever, enjoying northern Michigan like in a Kid Rock song.  

Tyler is such a narcissist that he is unable to consider that Carly wouldn't want to be with them. Carly's parents are successful, hardworking Christians who don't abuse drugs and alcohol. I can't imagine this kid's mother has every put her in front of the tv or iPad with Cheetos to babysit her. Why is she going to want to hang out in a camper binge drinking with three generations (Butch/April, Catelynn/Tyler, and Nova) of losers??  They don't see it. Carly is not their daughter. She has a loving family.  She'll spend one weekend with these people and never return.

Focus on the child is already at home, completely neglected and every adult in the child's life abuses drugs!!!

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 7

What's going to happen when this second kid is eventually born? Will Tyler compare its birth to Carly's like he did to Nova? Will he post a photo of the new baby's face next to Carly's and claim that they're identical? Will he send such a photo to B&T? Will B&T give the new baby some of Carly's things? Will C&T bring the new baby to their visits with Carly? Will they expect the baby to have a close relationship with Carly growing up?

I think as Catelynn and Tyler slowly expand their family, Brandon and Teresa will just close up shop more and more. Nova's birth did not fill the void in C&T's lives or give them the incentive to stop focusing so much on Carly. Instead, they became even more obsessed with her and zeroed in on her and Nova having a ~sisterly~ bond. They so badly want to blend their family with B&T's, and it's just not going to happen no matter how many children C&T have. They're ignoring the fact that, despite being biologically related, Carly is growing up in an entirely different world than her future bio-siblings and may not want to have anything to do with them when she gets older. I mean, Catelynn in particular was convinced that Carly would be closer to Nova than she is to B&T just because she and Nova are actually related. There's just so much that's wrong with the way C&T regard the situation. They still have these fantasies seven years later even after proof that the adoption did not and will not go down the way they wanted it to.

• Love 3

Haha, thanks. I was just sitting here reading these posts about their attachment to Carly and her parents, and I got to thinking. Granted, I do think there is an attachment to Carly, especially as to how Tyler can use her to prolong their fame. But, Cate, especially seems even more attached to B&T. They both had such shitty childhoods, I bet you they look at how Carly is being raised and wonder why they couldn't have had that. I wonder if Cate sees Teresa as what SHE would want in a mom. Those two never really grew up - as is the case with A LOT of teen parents. I bet if B&T could adopt THEM, they'd be all for it. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I wonder if Tyler and Cate aren't necessarily jealous of B&T as parents, but jealous of Carly, as children. 

That really opened up my mind about what I see!  Cate is very attached to Teresa and maybe when Tyler is being a douche with them it scared her because she would lose her "mother figure"..... Teresa! 

• Love 5

I could buy Teresa being the ideal maternal figure for Catelynn. She was the one who helped Cate with her veil on her wedding day---something that I think the bride's mother usually does---and you can tell that they really care about each other quite a good deal. I think their relationship is one of the only reasons why the adoption is still open. I don't know Teresa personally, but she must have a heart of gold to be so close to Catelynn after Cate made those disparaging comments about Teresa's fertility issues a few years ago.

Edited by geekamonggeeks
  • Love 6

On the "Being Catelynn" special a couple years ago, C&T threw a shit-fit after Brandon and Teresa asked them to stop posting Carly's photos online. Tyler said that he would've chosen different adoptive parents had he known about this rule beforehand, and Catelynn went on this rant about how she was the one who gave birth to Carly (her actual words were "I was the one who pushed that baby out of my vaginal canal!) and gave Teresa something she couldn't give herself. It was actually awful to hear. 

• Love 6
On 8/13/2016 at 9:46 AM, geekamonggeeks said:

On the "Being Catelynn" special a couple years ago, C&T threw a shit-fit after Brandon and Teresa asked them to stop posting Carly's photos online. Tyler said that he would've chosen different adoptive parents had he known about this rule beforehand, and Catelynn went on this rant about how she was the one who gave birth to Carly (her actual words were "I was the one who pushed that baby out of my vaginal canal!) and gave Teresa something she couldn't give herself. It was actually awful to hear. 

Ugh. And I saw that. I remember Tyler's rant, but I don't really remember Cate saying that. Just awful. Way to lord your uterus over a woman who has struggled with fertility. They need to stop looking at it from the perspective of THEM doing a big favor for B&T, but the other way around. B&T saved that child's life. If they truly love Carly, they'd be on their knees daily, thanking B&T for taking such good care of that little girl. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Ugh. And I saw that. I remember Tyler's rant, but I don't really remember Cate saying that. Just awful. Way to lord your uterus over a woman who has struggled with fertility. They need to stop looking at it from the perspective of THEM doing a big favor for B&T, but the other way around. B&T saved that child's life. If they truly love Carly, they'd be on their knees daily, thanking B&T for taking such good care of that little girl. 

What is so obnoxious is, they didn't sign over their rights as parents as a favor to B&T OR as a desperate act of love for Carly (although it did work out for the best for her). Tyler signed his rights away because he didn't want to raise a child at that age. Cate signed hers away because she didn't to lose Tyler. It was absolutely the right choice, but it was a self serving choice for both of them. And they only want Carly now because they can take all the credit for her, and get all the attention associated with her,  without doing any of the work of parenting. They wouldn't even last a WEEKEND babysitting a school age child who can talk back and wants to be entertained.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Tatum said:

What is so obnoxious is, they didn't sign over their rights as parents as a favor to B&T OR as a desperate act of love for Carly (although it did work out for the best for her). Tyler signed his rights away because he didn't want to raise a child at that age. Cate signed hers away because she didn't to lose Tyler. It was absolutely the right choice, but it was a self serving choice for both of them. And they only want Carly now because they can take all the credit for her, and get all the attention associated with her,  without doing any of the work of parenting. They wouldn't even last a WEEKEND babysitting a school age child who can talk back and wants to be entertained.

I totally agree. I think Catelynn and Tyler see how well Carly is doing and want to take credit for it, like their genes and their genes alone are the sole reason why she's thriving. It couldn't possibly be because she's being raised by actual parents who put her first and probably don't plop her in front of the TV or ship her off to Grandma's every chance they get (I mean, I don't know how B&T parent their children, but something tells me that it's nothing like how C&T are "raising" Nova).

In one episode of "OG", Catelynn and Ty;er actually sat there and congratulated themselves for being parents for the past seven years. Are you freaking kidding me? If these two still haven't figured out that they're not Carly's real parents, then I don't think there's any hope for them realizing it. Just because Tyler contributed to her existence and Catelynn gave birth to her does not mean that they can sit there and brag about how well she's doing as if they had something to do with it. It's one thing if they were just proud and happy of how well she was doing, but they were flat-out patting themselves on the back as if they are the sole reason why she's such an amazing little girl. As if. The only good thing they've ever done for that child was giving her up and---like Tatum says---that decision wasn't as selfless as C&T like to act. 

Anyway, I think that's part of the reason why Tyler got so pissed when Brandon and Teresa asked him to stop sharing Carly's photos online. He wanted to brag about how well she was doing and how it was all because of his choice to give her up for adoption. He wanted to show her off to his slobbering fans and B&T put a kibosh to that right away. He sees that child as some sort of status symbol as opposed to an individual person with her own thoughts and feelings. Carly is just some sort of extension of Tyler the Great, Tyler the Selfless, Tyler the Most Amazing Husband and Father EVER. It's awful how he so blatantly uses her to prop himself up. And then he had the audacity to say he would've picked different adoptive parents just because B&T stopped him from exploiting Carly as she got older. What a useless asshat. I really, really hope nurture trumps nature in Carly's case. She's a direct descendant of Tyler: she has a lot to overcome. 

Edited by geekamonggeeks
  • Love 5

I hated his smug face the first time I saw this show and I see he is the same asshole now. 

I don't think I've ever seen a person who loves to hear himself talk more than Tyler. And it's always about how OTHER  people need to improve themselves. 

Just what has he accomplished in all these years? Nada, nothing,zilch. Oh wait !!! He managed to knock up Catelyn again, with a second kid he has no interest in. She's just a way to keep those checks rolling in. 

And  Catelyns not much better. She gave up her baby so it would have a better life and that she could finish school and make something of her life. The only thing she finished so far is everything on her dinner plate.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 3

It's true that no matter Cate's reasoning, Carly is better off. But when trying to make sense of who she is, the "why" is important. I, for one, do not think Cate wanted to give Carly up. I think she probably had romantic ideals about being able to struggle through and beat the odds and raise her daughter, despite her circumstances. I think she did it for Tyler, and I think she has been encumbered with depression ever since. I think this is important, because it shows the dynamic of their relationship. Tyler calls the shots and she's so desperate to hang onto him that she'll do virtually anything, even if it means losing herself in the process. 

For Carly's sake, I'm glad things happened the way they did. But I don't think the way it went down was beneficial for Catelynn at all. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, imjagain said:

Why does it matter why Caitlin gave her child up? 

She did it,  her daughter is better off.  Cait's ability to clean off her plate seems a cruel an unnecessary thing to judge her on. 

My comment wasn't meant to be cruel or a dig at her weight, she gets enough of that from Tyler. It was in relation to their constant prattling over the years of all the things they are going to do, all the plans they sat around on camera and talked about. The education they were planning on getting, the careers they were going to have etc.  Watching them now is no different from watching them in their first or second season. They were lauded on the show and in the press and by Dr Drew for making the ultimate sacrifice and giving up their child to better both her life and their own. Their child may benefited from their actions. But have they? I don't see it. If MTV were to cut off the money supply perhaps they'd be motivated to actually do something with their lives.   

• Love 3

I agree,  that Caitlin needs to stop talking about her weight,  and actually do something about. I also agree they both are big talkers and people who actually don't do  much. Same can be said for most of the teen mom's,   with the exception of Chelsea and Kail. 

As much as I can't stand Tyler,  I think part of the reason he feels comfortable making  none stop comments about Caitlin's weight is because she talks and talks about it.  

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, imjagain said:

I agree,  that Caitlin needs to stop talking about her weight,  and actually do something about. I also agree they both are big talkers and people who actually don't do  much. Same can be said for most of the teen mom's,   with the exception of Chelsea and Kail. 

As much as I can't stand Tyler,  I think part of the reason he feels comfortable making  none stop comments about Caitlin's weight is because she talks and talks about it.  

Sadly she never calls him out on all his big talk with no action behind it.  Tyler was always so smug and self righteous about his father wasting his life and how he was not going to be like that. He said his dad always made promises and plans to change but it was all just talk.   Well Tyler is just like him. All talk and no action. Catelyn  should call him out and say "I'll lose weight when you actually go to school and/ or get a job and stop talking about doing it"

• Love 6
12 hours ago, ghoulina said:

It's true that no matter Cate's reasoning, Carly is better off. But when trying to make sense of who she is, the "why" is important. I, for one, do not think Cate wanted to give Carly up. I think she probably had romantic ideals about being able to struggle through and beat the odds and raise her daughter, despite her circumstances. I think she did it for Tyler, and I think she has been encumbered with depression ever since. I think this is important, because it shows the dynamic of their relationship. Tyler calls the shots and she's so desperate to hang onto him that she'll do virtually anything, even if it means losing herself in the process. 

For Carly's sake, I'm glad things happened the way they did. But I don't think the way it went down was beneficial for Catelynn at all. 

That's a really good question: was Carly's adoption as beneficial for Catelynn as it was for Carly? I have no idea because Cate just seemed to struggle so much with her decision, especially since she received no support from her family members for it. I think if she really did do all the things she said she would do post-adoption---go to college, get a great job---that it really wouldn't be a question. Instead, she barely finished high school, never really bothered with college, stayed in her dead-end town with her horrible family, and married her middle-school boyfriend and had a kid with him. It's like Cate's life has been stuck on pause for the past seven years, and she has no idea how to restart it. 

It's weird because in some ways I think Cate has more or less come to terms with her decision and just wants to move past it while Tyler hangs onto Carly and starts pointless fights with Brandon and Teresa over it. I get the feeling that Cate knows that the ship has long sailed, that she'll never have the mother-child bond with Carly, and just wants to be content watching Carly grow up in some way. But on the other hand, it doesn't seem like she's ever really gotten over it and deeply regrets relinquishing Carly. All her talks of Nova and Carly having a sisterly bond and being super-close as they get older---is that what Cate truly believes, is it wish-fulfillment of some kind, or is she saying it for the cameras? How much does she believe herself and how much is just grandstanding for the show's sake? How much of it is Cate trying to appease Tyler's massive ego?  I honestly cannot tell what she truly feels or thinks at this point, but I know it isn't good. She should've been in therapy for longer than a month and she shouldn't have come back to do the show or any kind of TV series at this point. We're talking seven years of somebody trying to bury her true feelings; it's going to take more than a month to sort through her psyche. 

• Love 3

All good insights. In some ways, I wonder if the open adoption was a bad decision for Cate? It's nice and all, that she gets to see Carly grow up and get to know her, but maybe she's just not emotionally stable enough to handle having contact. It's almost like it's rubbing it in her face (not intentionally, of course.) I don't know, it's hard to say unless you're in that position yourself, but I think it would be better for me if it were much more dialed back. A few pics once a year, but no texting and phone calls and visits. That might be making it hard to move on. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

All good insights. In some ways, I wonder if the open adoption was a bad decision for Cate? It's nice and all, that she gets to see Carly grow up and get to know her, but maybe she's just not emotionally stable enough to handle having contact. It's almost like it's rubbing it in her face (not intentionally, of course.) I don't know, it's hard to say unless you're in that position yourself, but I think it would be better for me if it were much more dialed back. A few pics once a year, but no texting and phone calls and visits. That might be making it hard to move on. 

If the series wasn't a success and if B&T didn't want Bethanny to steal them another child, the lines of communication would have closed years and years ago. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I agree that the open adoption may be too open, despite the fact that Cate only physically sees Carly about once a year. She was losing it hardcore when she visited Carly before the wedding. Even after, Catelynn was still very upset and emotional. I can't remember if she's acted this way before, or if the situation was getting to her more often than usual because of Nova's presence and the reminder that while Catelynn biologically has two children, she's only raising one. I think it's getting to be too much for her to handle. Maybe putting an end to physical visits until Carly is old enough to decide for herself is the best way to go. Cate seemingly breaks down both before and after each visit, and Tyler uses the visits to act even more self-entitled and lord it over everybody that he's Carly's genetic father ('She called me Daddy", anyone?). 

• Love 3