Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Rumors are circulating that Amber and Matt's house flipping business is being sued

You're right. They filed Matt's name wrong (Balen instead of Baier). Zuluscape?  Must be a landscaping company suing them?  Court on 2/23. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Did they get the name wrong our did he use an alias?

Great question. This company has an attorney so I'm going to guess this is the correct name Zuluscape had for Matt?

Zuluscape's other cases are evictions....  

Amber's name has never been connected with the flip properties in any form. I'm not sure this lawsuit is in regards to Matt's properties. This could be an eviction since Matt and Amber are listed together. Their house lease is most likely the only joint legal agreement in their relationship. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 3

Interesting stuff from Reddit. Can't take credit for it

I am going to throw out a theory here after looking the records over myself.

I had posted a thread a while back about Matt and Amber not owning their home. The actual owners of their current home (the house you see on the show) is a couple and a real estate investment company who jointing own the house. It appears that it was purchased to be a rental property for these owners who subsequently rented it out to Amber and Matt.

I have a feeling that the Property Management Company who is currently suing Amber and Matt, is probably the property management company for the homes real owners. Who wants to bet that Amber and Matt have not paid their rent in this new house and that is why they are being sued by this property management company?

Updated with a second theory:

After looking more into the property management company I found this on their website:

"We Educate your Tenant! We sign and review leases in a 1- hour session with your tenant to ensure they understand their responsibility to take good care of your home. We also arrange and conduct a 6-month onsite inspection with picture documentation."

So maybe Amber and Matt's 6 mo. Inspection was done and they destroyed the house?

The property management company specifically works in Amber's Geist area, with single family home rentals so I definitely believe that they are doing property management for the REAL owners of Amber's house. 

Any other theories other than Amber or Matt not paying rent or destroying the house?

(FYI...I don't think this property management company handles rentals in the areas of the two flip houses. Plus, neither of those houses were rented out, they were both sold. This property management company specializes in rentals on behalf of the owners. Therefore, I don't think this lawsuit has anything to do with their flip houses sold in 2015 and beginning of 2016)

• Love 7

Hopefully someone on Reddit runs a cache search for Amber's house on zuluscape's available rental page.  

Evicted in 6 months? Amber and Matt are such world beaters.  Can't wait to see what bullshit spin they put on it. 

I doubt the landlords were okay with the pack of dogs shitting and pissing in the house. 

Blame the haters. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Can't wait to see what bullshit spin they put on it

That they flipped and sold it? Wasn't she claiming that they are not filming inside of the house due to ongoing renovations and that it was just another house project for them? After all Amber is an expert in house flipping and a BOUTIQUE OWNER, and we are just haters who know nothing about business!

• Love 3

When is Amber going to realize that so much of this is public record? And that people can and will fact check her? I have zero sympathy for her, I don't care if she's being manipulated by Matt, I'm sick of her high horse act.

• Love 11

Amber had an argument with the person regarding that return. She said they couldn't find any proof they returned anything. She had this discussion on Twitter. As a follow up this is the boutique's reason. It's in 2 parts, I switched the order they were tweeted.

Forever Haute 

·    Forever Haute @beforeverhaute9h 

@sweetienurse98 @realmrhousewife The customer used a completely different name & email than what she goes by on twitter. So when we

View conversation ·    

@beforeverhaute 9h

@sweetienurse98 @realmrhousewife Initially looked into the matter, we couldn't find any customer information.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, LunaMia said:

Article from The Daily Fail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4129676/Amber-Portwood-sued-pets-nasty-odor-rental-home.html

Is this the rental in the nice neighborhood, where they hung out in the garage? 

You guys are on point! You called it that the house is probably stank and nasty. 

That's my question: Is this the nice home they recently (on the show) moved into? The one where Amber said something like she was afraid it was too nice of a neighborhood for her to live in. Guess she was right!

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Quita said:

That's my question: Is this the nice home they recently (on the show) moved into? The one where Amber said something like she was afraid it was too nice of a neighborhood for her to live in. Guess she was right!

aHA!!!

We were right about the garage.

from the article:

Portwood, 26, signed the lease on the Indianapolis property in July 2015 and it expired the following June.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4129676/Amber-Portwood-sued-pets-nasty-odor-rental-home.html#ixzz4W8DnaJOD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The season ended with Maci's wedding, which according to my Google machine, was in October 2016.  I suspect the garage wasn't at the "uppa class house"

(omg, seriously, what  a shitshow that was!  I cannot imagine sitting in my garage on folding chairs to film a tv show...not that I can imagine filming one ever, at all, but...)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Quita said:

The DM article says the house is on Tiptop Drive.  Their current residence is not on that street, so that was the house they lived in prior to moving into the upscale neighborhood they deserve to live in.  What a couple of pigs:

"The costs of repairing the house included installing new 'deodorized' carpets, the removal of all the things she left behind, drywall damage repair, new door knobs, cleaning fees and new coats of 'deodorized' paint to mask the smell of her pets.  The landlord also claims Portwood owed $1,648.24 in unpaid rent."

The lawsuit lists Matthew Balen as a Defendant.  So Matt didn't put his real name on the application & lease.  He probably knew what they would find when they ran a credit check.  I wonder if he used a fake SSN as well.

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 5

Amber's corporation principal office address is still recorded under the Geist rental address. Since Amber knows everything about being a business owner (she enlightens us everyday via social media or the Real Mr. Housewife) maybe she can enlighten us on why she has not changed the corporation's address. While she's at it, has she gotten around to filing for an EIN.

Edited by druzy
I'm under the impression that she no longer resides at the rental in Geist.
  • Love 1

So they're no better than squatters; shitting up the place then leaving a filthy mess behind! 

Its probably only a matter of time until they leave the uppa class house in the same disarray. The jel-lous haters probably made her flee the rental and leave it a pigsty because they found out where she lived. She'll find a way to deflect blame. 

Also, don't you have to provide your license when renting in Indiana? I'm sure that's standard in all states, no? So how could he get away with a fake last name? These grifters belong in jel!!

• Love 3

RIIIIIGHT amber, all of these things just happen you you because everyone wants to scam you, while the King of the scammers is UNDER YOUR ROOF. again she tries to explain everything away as scammers and haters, when it's easy to prove that's not the case. Even Leah, who is notoriously the grossest of the bunch (although I would have contended that Amber was a close second and at times edged to first the whole time) has managed not to be sued for this kind of stuff and she moves twice a year, likely in lieu of spring cleaning.

Those animal smells are no joke, probably worse than cigarette smoke.  My mom got sick 2 years ago and subsequently passed away, but we had no idea she had not gotten out of bed for months before we knew she was sick... in that period of time the house became a hoarders style mess, and she had 2 dogs and 2 cats... it was horrible. My sister and I spent about a week cleaning everything out, then hired professionals to clean, moved everything out (this was over the span of a few months, we live in Florida and she was in Texas so trips had to be planned out) hired professionals again, ripped out all of the carpet and replaced it, resealed and painted the walls, replaced baseboards, had the air duct system professionally cleaned... and still throughout the 6 months the house was on the market it was an issue that kept coming up.  I don't see how things can get that bad and you live there completely capable of cleaning up. 

• Love 5

Off topic: can someone tell me how to post a picture in the post? I tried looking through the announcements and help section. Also tried through imgur, but too large. Thanks so much.

On topic: Amber is totally a "don't you know who I am person." Thinks the rules of life don't apply to her. 

• Love 2

2 dogs and 2 cats? Your honor, can we review the tapes of the pack of dogs that ran around that house and peed on a producer? Drywall damage probably includes dog pee and fist holes. 

And she left stuff behind - old sofa anyone? We saw them burn though a store for all new stuff like the Beverly Hillbillies. Wouldn't be surprised to hear they couldn't bother to discard the old crap. 

People are actually praying for her over this. The only reason she might not know about it is because Matt slipped her a few ambien in her Chardonnay, and pretended to never get notice. So will they show in court or just go ahead and pay it off? Gary could use 6 grand on Leah, I'm sure. 

• Love 5

I'm so confused. Is she getting sued for the current home, or the one they left? 

I will say this, property management companies can be real greedy dicks. I moved out of a rented townhome and into our purchased home 6 years ago. My husband was overseas and I had 2 kids ages 2 and under. I still went back and cleaned that place from top to bottom. Not a single piece of trash was left in it. They went through this ridiculous itemized list and charged me insane amounts for minor things. I knew the mini blinds in my son's room would have to replaced, but I also know how much mini blinds cost and they charged me like 5 times that. They also charged me crazy fees for minor paint damage to really old, flaking wood. Anyhow, I not only didn't get my $900 deposit back, but their total had me owing them $2.00. I kid you not. They sent me a bill for that shit. They said I caused $902 worth of damage to what was a very old and crappy place in to begin with! I paid it, of course. I wasn't going to fight with them. But I know I am not the only person to experience these property management people trying to nickel and dime you. My mother dealt with a real greedy landlord of a single property as well. 

At any rate. Amber is filthy, so who knows. Maybe she did leave it trashed. She certainly didn't clean it herself. But she's also lazy and likes to throw money around, so I can also see her actually hiring professional cleaners. Maybe for once she's right and someone is scamming her. But the problem is, no one will ever believe her, because of her shady past. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I'm so confused. Is she getting sued for the current home, or the one they left? 

I will say this, property management companies can be real greedy dicks. I moved out of a rented townhome and into our purchased home 6 years ago. My husband was overseas and I had 2 kids ages 2 and under. I still went back and cleaned that place from top to bottom. Not a single piece of trash was left in it. They went through this ridiculous itemized list and charged me insane amounts for minor things. I knew the mini blinds in my son's room would have to replaced, but I also know how much mini blinds cost and they charged me like 5 times that. They also charged me crazy fees for minor paint damage to really old, flaking wood. Anyhow, I not only didn't get my $900 deposit back, but their total had me owing them $2.00. I kid you not. They sent me a bill for that shit. They said I caused $902 worth of damage to what was a very old and crappy place in to begin with! I paid it, of course. I wasn't going to fight with them. But I know I am not the only person to experience these property management people trying to nickel and dime you. My mother dealt with a real greedy landlord of a single property as well. 

At any rate. Amber is filthy, so who knows. Maybe she did leave it trashed. She certainly didn't clean it herself. But she's also lazy and likes to throw money around, so I can also see her actually hiring professional cleaners. Maybe for once she's right and someone is scamming her. But the problem is, no one will ever believe her, because of her shady past. 

Oh, I've lived in plenty of places where they charged the previous tenant for work that was never completed- paint jobs, new carpeting, professional steam cleaning, etc. I'm sure there are millions of horror stories out there.

I still have no doubt Amber trashed any place she lived in. We know she doesn't get off her lazy ass if she doesn't have to, she has pets, and she doesn't pay taxes, child support, or other bills, so doubtful she would hire out a cleaning crew to clean up after her- all that adds up to a probably legit grievance.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

2 dogs and 2 cats? Your honor, can we review the tapes of the pack of dogs that ran around that house and peed on a producer? Drywall damage probably includes dog pee and fist holes. 

And she left stuff behind - old sofa anyone? We saw them burn though a store for all new stuff like the Beverly Hillbillies. Wouldn't be surprised to hear they couldn't bother to discard the old crap. 

People are actually praying for her over this. The only reason she might not know about it is because Matt slipped her a few ambien in her Chardonnay, and pretended to never get notice. So will they show in court or just go ahead and pay it off? Gary could use 6 grand on Leah, I'm sure. 

No, I meant my mom had 2 dogs 2 cats... I was just relating to the fact that it's really hard to get rid of animal smells on top of whatever damage was done, the animal smells were just mostly what was cited above as the reason for the lawsuit against Amber and Matt, and I just meant it's really not just a matter of a good mopping/vacuuming/ air freshener.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, leighroda said:

No, I meant my mom had 2 dogs 2 cats... I was just relating to the fact that it's really hard to get rid of animal smells on top of whatever damage was done, the animal smells were just mostly what was cited above as the reason for the lawsuit against Amber and Matt, and I just meant it's really not just a matter of a good mopping/vacuuming/ air freshener.

No, didn't mean you! That's what the article said - only 2 dog and 2 cats at Amber's. And yes, the house before this haute house (cat on a haute tin roof?). The last season was so close to real time ... we're all used to them being in several new houses by that time.

The sad part is that she probably believes what Matt tells her. I wonder how many bills he hid - it doesn't look like their new address is hard to find. So his name mixup is of course a clerical error, and no bills ever came! I cannot imagine how Amber survives when this guy is finally done with her. She has zero real life coping skills. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Love 3

My favorite part about ambers twitter rant was "don't ever go on tv" because there's no way she'd have anywhere near the life she has now without tv. It's not tv's fault she lives like she is one of her animals... I'm gonna laugh so hard when pictures get released of the condition she left the house because I'm sure they took pictures as evidence.

• Love 9

That bill reads deodorizer paint to get rid of the pet smell. That makes me laugh because I imagine it is Matt that stunk up the place.

This is not the first time she claimed a landlord was a scam artist. She said that when she was past due on her rent and MTV came to her rescue.

@LunaMia use Tiny Pic. That is what I use to upload photos. Just upload a photo to your computer. Go to Tiny Pic (you will be asked to type in a word to use their uploading service), click 'browse photo' and then choose from your photos on your computer. After that click 'upload'. You will get four links to choose from. I use the fourth one. Highlight it, copy and then drop the link on the page here. You will see a black bar giving you an option to post as just a link or to post the image. Hope that helps.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

One of those replies told her she should be thankful for the show because without it, Amber wouldn't have met Matt. What kind of shitty men do these people have in their life that makes them see Matt as some kind of prize?

• Love 14

Thanks so much @GreatKazu! I was trying to upload on my phone and finally got it. It's good to know I can use tinypic on my computer next time though.

It all makes sense now! Amber bought a new couch for the uppa class house because she left the piss and shit stained one at the old house! It probably had missing fabric that got melded to her back. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, LunaMia said:

Thanks so much @GreatKazu! I was trying to upload on my phone and finally got it. It's good to know I can use tinypic on my computer next time though.

It all makes sense now! Amber bought a new couch for the uppa class house because she left the piss and shit stained one at the old house! It probably had missing fabric that got melded to her back. 

I have no clue how to upload a photo from my device. Help! lol

I once commented Amber would one day be fused to her couch.

You are so right about the couch being dirty. We once speculated it had to be filthy and covered with shit stains which is why they "bought" new furniture. Hee, it is probably rental furniture.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I have no clue how to upload a photo from my device. Help! lol

I once commented Amber would one day be fused to her couch.

You are so right about the couch being dirty. We once speculated it had to be filthy and covered with shit stains which is why they "bought" new furniture. Hee, it is probably rental furniture.

Lol. So since I'm a big failure trying all day, I sent the photo to myself through email, it asks what size you want and I chose Medium, then downloaded the attachment and it was the right size! This was on an iPhone, not sure if it works on all phones. Yes, I was that desperate to post Leah's Gollum looking hands, I have no life! 

Yes on Amber's couch! I've been lurking for a long time and just had to get in the convos because you all are so witty! 

Lol at fused to her couch! Like the people who die on their recliner and are found years later. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, LunaMia said:

Lol. So since I'm a big failure trying all day, I sent the photo to myself through email, it asks what size you want and I chose Medium, then downloaded the attachment and it was the right size! This was on an iPhone, not sure if it works on all phones. Yes, I was that desperate to post Leah's Gollum looking hands, I have no life! 

Yes on Amber's couch! I've been lurking for a long time and just had to get in the convos because you all are so witty! 

Lol at fused to her couch! Like the people who die on their recliner and are found years later. 

LOL to all of this^^^^

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here.

• Love 3

So ........

"And to bring g my animals in it is absolutely ridiculous. My home was always clean You can see it on the show except for a few accidents"

Lol she's such a twit.

She is complaining about how it's a year later. Probably because she ignored notices for that long and now going to court is the result. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So ........

"And to bring g my animals in it is absolutely ridiculous. My home was always clean You can see it on the show except for a few accidents"

Lol she's such a twit.

She is complaining about how it's a year later. Probably because she ignored notices for that long and now going to court is the result. 

Amanda is so delusional. You're home isn't always clean. That's why you spent 75% of the last season filming in your garage. 

And the cameras only show 1% of your life, so the fact that they are constantly rolling and you animals are pissing and shitting all over your house leads me to believe this is a very common occurrence. 

Edited by ClassyCourtHeels
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Exactly.  She's been receiving calls and letters all along.  She probably figured they would just give up at some point.  Now that they've filed a lawsuit and it is public record, all of a sudden she is shocked...SHOCKED!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Court said:

One of those replies told her she should be thankful for the show because without it, Amber wouldn't have met Matt. What kind of shitty men do these people have in their life that makes them see Matt as some kind of prize?

I'm thinking they must be married to Dwight Yoakam's character in Sling Blade.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, leighroda said:

My favorite part about ambers twitter rant was "don't ever go on tv" because there's no way she'd have anywhere near the life she has now without tv. It's not tv's fault she lives like she is one of her animals... I'm gonna laugh so hard when pictures get released of the condition she left the house because I'm sure they took pictures as evidence.

If someone like Amber called me/my company a scam artist, I'd make sure the tabloids all received copies of the piss and shit stained carpets, damaged walls and doors, junk left behind, etc.

• Love 5

Amber Tweeted this link to an article at her pal's blog (RealMrHousewife):

Amber Portwood Lawsuit Neighbor Claims She Was Great

The neighbor Radar spoke to claimed, “She was quiet, to be honest with you. She rarely came out of the house!”

No shit, Sherlock.  Her ass was either in bed or on the couch.  God forbid she should take her dogs for a walk around the block.

“I watched the show before,” the neighbor continued, “and I knew her, but when she first moved in, we didn’t know who she was. She wasn’t loud or nothing like that.”

See above response.

The neighbor also noted that the house looks the same as when Portwood moved in.

Because you can tell a lot about a house's condition from the outside.

“They’ve already rented it back out,” the neighbor wrapped with saying. “Someone else is living in there.”

That's what landlords do, you twit.  They clean the place up and get it ready for the next tenant.

We are not surprised to hear this, and it definitely sounds like Portwood will end up victorious in this lawsuit.

Yea, because the landlord didn't take any photographs or anything.

http://www.realmrhousewife.com/2017/01/19/amber-portwood-lawsuit-neighbor-claims-she-was-great

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
Added link.
  • Love 7