Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

I can't  say it often enough. If it was Gary, Javi, or even Jo beating their women the way they have been hit, smacked, punched, grabbed, and shoved around, or been accused of DV, the world would be irate and demanding their heads on a plate. I cannot ever forget how abusive Amber was to Gary. It brought me to tears and I so badly wished I had the chance to be able to get in Amber's fat face and let her know it is never okay to put one's hands on anyone. No matter how many surgeries she has to change her looks, the real Amber Portwood still exists inside. She has now partnered up with someone who is just as angry and hostile. Punching holes in hotel rooms is not just a one time thing.

Amber, no sympathy as you have no problem shaming the females Matt laid up in bed with and had children with before he hit the lotto with you.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 14

I remember, at the time, Amber had many defenders because Gary made passive aggressive comments/ threats(TwoP days?). But I don't really see how Gary being a smart-ass had anything to do with Amber repeatedly shoving his head against a wall. And, honestly, at the time, I couldn't look at those scenes, I never realized how actually bad they were. I know that the MTV crew isn't supposed to interfere but I am not sure I could witness something like that between people I know and not intervene. 

• Love 11

I have been a long-time Gary defender. In reality, I was defending a DV victim. Males are victims, too.

The whole "pushing her buttons" was one of the things that annoyed me to no end. Would that excuse fly if it was Amber pushing Gary's buttons and he turned around and smacked her?  We know now the girl was a drug user the entire time she was on Teen Mom before she went to prison. In other words, she was just like Butch. Where is the wrath for her abusive behavior? Or is that only for the likes of Butch? Amber may not have bashed Gary's head through a wall, but she did bash his head into a wall. Abuse is abuse, regardless the gender of the offender. It just sickens me that Amber gets all this sympathy from her minions, but if it was her fat head that was bashed into a wall and was slapped around the way she did to Gary, the police department would have been flooded with 911 calls.

• Love 14

There is no excuse for what Amber did. Period. If someone's button pushing gets you to THAT extreme, that's on you. I will say, though, I did think that Gary would intentionally try to push Amber into doing something. He really did seem to egg her on. Again, that's no excuse for Amber's reaction. But I think there was dysfunction coming from BOTH sides, back in the day. 

Now, however, Gary is the one who has shown he has grown a lot. He no longer tries to engage with Amber. He keeps very civil and tries to avoid issues/topics that he knows will set her off. Amber, on the other hand, hasn't changed much. Sure, she hasn't flown into QUITE the rage she used to, but it still seems to be simmering under the surface, if you ask me. She doesn't show even remotely anywhere the level of maturity and desire to co-parent that Gary does. It's pretty pathetic. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Amber: "I NEVER had plastic surgery!"

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2016/11/amber-portwood-i-never-had-plastic-surgery/

Amber tweets she is considering deleting her twitter due to negativity:

https://twitter.com/AmberLPortwood?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

How about you just go away and remove yourself from the show?

She changed her mind, lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmberLPortwood/status/794342441591525376?p=v

• Love 1

Yeah, I had one of those tiny mommy makeovers a few years ago. It was called a hysterectomy! Get off the semantics, luv. 

I'm not sure what "contouring" means to her. Sounds like lipo. And it looks like more than a boob lift, I bet she got implants. I too would be worried about doing anything when you're an opiate addict. Elective surgery gives me a big ole red flag feeling. 

• Love 6

They definitely allowed the abuse to continue and didn't seem to defend Gary at all. 

Abuse on this show, whether shown or discussed, is often just tossed aside as NBD. Butch abused April horribly, supposedly not on camera but I'm skeptical, and April allowed her boyfriends to repeatedly assault her daughter and it's just written off as "in the past." Jenelle (and Nathan?) abused animals on-screen and she half heartedly apologized. Leah and Jenelle have both neglected kids onscreen in my opinion, and Corey and Leah are both on record as openly endangering their disabled daughter. Farrah assaulted a producer, Kail assaulted Javi, and Maci was allowed (probably encouraged) to lie on screen about her pregnancy (along with Taylor) so she didn't have to have the public know she deliberately endangered her child. People also regularly emotionally abuse each other and MTV says nothing and doesn't make it clear. They should absolutely have spoken out against Gary's abuse, against the animal abuse, about the fact that what Adam said to Chelsea in those texts was absolutely abuse, period, that what Matt has done to those women is abusive, etc. They just throw up a warning about dating violence for 10 seconds. It's NOT ok. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 3
On November 3, 2016 at 9:25 AM, ghoulina said:

There is no excuse for what Amber did. Period. If someone's button pushing gets you to THAT extreme, that's on you. I will say, though, I did think that Gary would intentionally try to push Amber into doing something. He really did seem to egg her on. Again, that's no excuse for Amber's reaction. But I think there was dysfunction coming from BOTH sides, back in the day. 

Not to excuse this but I think Gary was trying to find power where he could, so he used snark  because he couldn't physically fight her. I think it's a common DV dynamic, I've seen it with both my clients, and family members who have been in physically abusive relationships. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, evilmindatwork said:

Not to excuse this but I think Gary was trying to find power where he could, so he used snark  because he couldn't physically fight her. I think it's a common DV dynamic, I've seen it with both my clients, and family members who have been in physically abusive relationships. 

I agree. 

I don't think Gary wanted Amber to go off on him and hit him. I don't know any DV victim who wants to be hit. Some say such things as "What are you going to do? Hit me? Go ahead!" It doesn't mean they are seeking to be hit, it is just a natural reaction to a pattern of abuse.

I didn't see it as Gary pushing Amber's buttons. I viewed it as Gary having become accustomed to dealing with the person in his life who was physically abusive to him. It was his defense mechanism. Some other guy would have surely popped Amber in her face.  Amber was not rational. It makes sense that Gary's response to this irrational person is to respond and behave towards her in a unhealthy manner which, thankfully, never resorted to any physical abuse. His words to Amber do not make him responsible for the act of domestic violence in any way.

I have watched Jenelle push her mother's buttons many times. It wouldn't make it right for Barb to beat Jenelle up because her daughter was being passive-aggressive to her. Amber has been passive-aggressive many times to Gary and has on many occasions pushed his buttons. It wouldn't make it okay for him to have slapped her because of it. No one would have tolerated that or justified that action by implying Amber didn't help matters by pushing his buttons. Tyler has been called out for calling his wife a heifer. There has been no justification, excuses, or blaming Cate in the least for Tyler's name-calling. Not sure why Amber ever received any kind of excuse for why she chose to resort to violence. That is blame-shifting and minimizing the criminal act. It is also a crime that occurred in the presence of their child. Abusive partners, who are skilled at coercion and manipulation, use excuses to make the victim feel like what’s happening is their fault. Abusers are abusive because they are trying to control a person and have power over them.

We see Gary in an apparent healthy relationship with his wife. We see how he interacts in a different manner with her.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, evilmindatwork said:

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought of that. But I think you may be right. That makes a lot of sense, so I thank you for sharing. 

12 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

They definitely allowed the abuse to continue and didn't seem to defend Gary at all. 

Abuse on this show, whether shown or discussed, is often just tossed aside as NBD. Butch abused Amber horribly, supposedly not on camera but I'm skeptical, and Amber allowed her boyfriends to repeatedly assault her daughter and it's just written off as "in the past." Jenelle (and Nathan?) abused animals on-screen and she half heartedly apologized. Leah and Jenelle have both neglected kids onscreen in my opinion, and Corey and Leah are both on record as openly endangering their disabled daughter. Farrah assaulted a producer, Kail assaulted Javi, and Maci was allowed (probably encouraged) to lie on screen about her pregnancy (along with Taylor) so she didn't have to have the public know she deliberately endangered her child. People also regularly emotionally abuse each other and MTV says nothing and doesn't make it clear. They should absolutely have spoken out against Gary's abuse, against the animal abuse, about the fact that what Adam said to Chelsea in those texts was absolutely abuse, period, that what Matt has done to those women is abusive, etc. They just throw up a warning about dating violence for 10 seconds. It's NOT ok. 

Butch assaulted Amber?

Amber's boyfriends assaulted Leah?

I am lost.

• Love 1

Amber retweeted a link to an article that included this:

1. Amber Portwood

After losing custody of her daughter and serving a five-year sentence on drug possession charges, Amber was able to take control of her life. The Never Too Late author has ended her custody battle with ex Gary Shirley and has fallen in love again. TheTeen Mom OG star got engaged to Matt Baier and they are currently planning a wedding. "I never thought I could find another man that could make me feel love again, honestly," she shared with E! News. "I feel more love for him than I ever have for anybody."

For anybody, Amber?

Full article:

http://www.eonline.com/news/808008/5-teen-mom-stars-who-are-turning-their-lives-around-on-and-off-camera

• Love 3

Stop making me defend Amber...ugh!!! LOL

Very strange of Amber to retweet a link to a comment she made back in March 2015.

Amber is saying she feels more love for Matt than any other guy she has ever been with. It still can be construed as her saying the love she feels from Matt outshines everyone including Leah, but Amber is so stupid she has no idea how it comes off. Her speaking skills are nothing to write home about. Not only that, but she takes a jab at Gary by mentioning him right off the bat. Talk about passive-aggressive moves. If her relationship was all that, she wouldn't mention Gary or make comparisons:

"My life now with my new fiancé is amazing and our relationship is completely different than what mine and Gary [Shirley]'s was," she tells E! News. "There's not really fighting or anything like that. It's not perfect, but we're so happy together. I never thought I could find another man that could make me feel love again, honestly. I feel more love for him than I ever have for anybody."

And what's even better? Her daughter Leah loves him, too! "Boo Boo loves him. They have this natural connection. How? I have no clue. But it's just amazing to me because I was really scared that, 'What if Boo Boo doesn't like him?'"

"We know it's gonna be within the year. We just moved in together a couple months ago, so we really want to learn everything about each other and live this life right now and just make sure everything's straight before we jump the gun on something because obviously, we didn't know each other that long before we got engaged, but we do know we love each other so much and we don't want anybody else in the world, so we are sure we will be married. We just don't know when."

http://www.eonline.com/news/631336/amber-portwood-is-engaged-to-boyfriend-matt-baier-i-never-thought-i-could-find-another-man-that-could-make-me-feel-love-again

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 1

Did you see how she's not registered to vote either (Indiana allows for felons to vote once they're out of prison)?

I am relieved for her that she didn't purchase the house because Matt would try to take it when they divorce (I believe they're secretly married). But -- after what she said about Matt's exes, she deserves what she gets with Matt. 

When they split, he'll shop her nude pics and sex tape. 

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Did you see how she's not registered to vote either (Indiana allows for felons to vote once they're out of prison)?

I am relieved for her that she didn't purchase the house because Matt would try to take it when they divorce (I believe they're secretly married). But -- after what she said about Matt's exes, she deserves what she gets with Matt. 

When they split, he'll shop her nude pics and sex tape. 

Dear baby Jesus do not let this happen.  I can go the rest of my life without seeing that horrible Leah tattoo.

• Love 8

Where do you all read this about Amber? I have checked Reddit, but not sure how to navigate that site. 

Amber is sooo lazy, she can't bother to vote.

Someone had posted a photo here of her and Matt wearing Hillary t-shirts before it was removed. Why did she show off that shirt if she is not even registered to vote?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Where do you all read this about Amber? I have checked Reddit, but not sure how to navigate that site. 

Amber is sooo lazy, she can't bother to vote.

Someone had posted a photo here of her and Matt wearing Hillary t-shirts before it was removed. Why did she show off that shirt if she is not even registered to vote?

https://www.reddit.com/r/teenmom/

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Thanks, but I am still trying to figure out where the info about Amber's house and not voting came from. Someone posted links to a source?

Indiana has nearly every document online.  You can look up what has been filed in her county, court records, property records, voter registration -- all online.

I think their mods deleted some threads or posts with screenshots.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 2
On 11/2/2016 at 9:47 PM, GreatKazu said:

I have been a long-time Gary defender. In reality, I was defending a DV victim. Males are victims, too.

The whole "pushing her buttons" was one of the things that annoyed me to no end. Would that excuse fly if it was Amber pushing Gary's buttons and he turned around and smacked her?  We know now the girl was a drug user the entire time she was on Teen Mom before she went to prison. In other words, she was just like Butch. Where is the wrath for her abusive behavior? Or is that only for the likes of Butch? Amber may not have bashed Gary's head through a wall, but she did bash his head into a wall. Abuse is abuse, regardless the gender of the offender. It just sickens me that Amber gets all this sympathy from her minions, but if it was her fat head that was bashed into a wall and was slapped around the way she did to Gary, the police department would have been flooded with 911 calls.

I was always irked by the "pushing buttons " comments too.   Why should Gary have to shut his mouth or get his ass kicked?   Amber is a nasty, negative sneering bitch every time Gary says the slightest thing to her.   I don't think she is bonded with Leah at all.  It seems so forced and fake with the constant boo boo this and boo boo that.   Gary is no prize but he seems to be basically a normal person.   

• Love 11
14 hours ago, lexiexx said:

I was always irked by the "pushing buttons " comments too.   Why should Gary have to shut his mouth or get his ass kicked?   Amber is a nasty, negative sneering bitch every time Gary says the slightest thing to her.   I don't think she is bonded with Leah at all.  It seems so forced and fake with the constant boo boo this and boo boo that.   Gary is no prize but he seems to be basically a normal person.   

As I read your post, I started thinking of Deb and Farrah. Deb opens her mouth and before she finishes her sentence, Farrah is blasting her, cussing her out, and laying into her as if Deb had just told Farrah to go fuck herself.

Amber was ready to lay into Gary for any little thing. And I mean, any little thing. He would calmly ask her something and she would blow up. In fact, in the last episode, you could see that angry Amber come out at Matt when he was piling the franks on the hamburger patties. Amber's voice level got high and the annoyance in her voice sounded just like she did right before she would go ballistic at Gary, but she quickly caught herself, not because she is self-aware, but because she remembered who she was dealing with - Matt. 

Matt is to Amber the way she was towards Gary. Frankly, I don't care, seeing as Amber doesn't give two shits about Matt's exes and what he did to them including that poor girl who was raped and later committed suicide. Amber acts as if her shit don't stink.

2 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Just musing over how Amber told Chris (Matt's son) something about how he didn't have to treat her like a mom.

No shit. I mean, captain obvious. They're roughly the same age.

She was sending him the message that he could treat her like a sex object.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

Peak Preview...Amber says Matt wasn't sober when he was first with her and Matt says he "exaggerated the length of his sobriety". We also get another visit from Matt's "cousin" and now a blogger who is doing an interview:

You know, it is clear to me this whole season is nothing but Amber and Matt's futile attempts to paint him as this great guy. Amber must do whatever it is necessary to put him on a pedestal. That is what their storyline is, nothing more.

• Love 6

Why does she insist on that Joan Crawford bun (to go with the brows)? Does Amber really want to conjur up Mommie Dearest?

So wait, Matt showed up at Amber's with pills? So she talked to this doof online and decided he was the one for her, then he turns up there to live with her biggest vice (I'm guessing opiates)? She flushes them, and it's all rainbows and lollipops. What a total load of crap.  Addicts are sly. The best way to cover being an addict is to talk all about how you USED to be an addict. 

I've been on opiates (for real problems that would make Amber's head spin). Drew could shine lights in my eyes all day and I'd look clean. Not sure what he was proving there or what he thought she was on. 

• Love 7

Wow- Amber should have her own show, kind of like Intervention.  Who needs Candy and Jeff and that useless rehab, when you can just flush the pills and end an addiction that way?  

Amber is amazing!  

PS...you're not really supposed to flush pills...bad for waterways...

• Love 6

Hey guys, I found this excerpt from the opening of Matt's book:

“In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.

“Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DoctorWhovian said:

Hey guys, I found this excerpt from the opening of Matt's book:

“In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.  “Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”

So, Matt's dad was also a scam artist.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9

okay what is happening to her face? And eye?

Botox and fake eyelash glue residue.

Of course she was in a deep depression and couldn't see Leah. The depression card ya'll.  I see Amber shops at the same card place as Catelynn and Leah Messer.

Look at her ear lobe. It is torn. I mentioned this on the episode thread. Matt ripped off her earring during an argument? That is where my mind goes with these two.

• Love 1

I can believe it was a month. We know she didn't see her when they went to LA. How long were they gone? About a week? That was Leah's weekend. So next week is Gary's. When did she go to NY? That was probably another Leah weekend. If you're depressed enough to be institutionalized, you don't board planes and go jetting off around the country. She wasn't too depressed to interact with Matt's son and offer him help. But she was too depressed she spend time with her sweet little girl? okay then. 

• Love 3