Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: A Friend of the Family

• Start Topic

If this is supposed to redeem Tariq, I'm unfazed. Props to him for using some sense for once and listening to his mom, but he's such a little asshole. And I doubt we'll ever be free of him because the show won't eliminate another St. Patrick child. But can't he be sent to a boarding school far far away? lol

I liked Tasha and Angie working together. At this point, Ghost and Tasha's marriage is one of convenience and they know where they stand. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

If this is supposed to redeem Tariq, I'm unfazed. Props to him for using some sense for once and listening to his mom, but he's such a little asshole. And I doubt we'll ever be free of him because the show won't eliminate another St. Patrick child. But can't he be sent to a boarding school far far away? lol

I liked Tasha and Angie working together. At this point, Ghost and Tasha's marriage is one of convenience and they know where they stand. 

I do want them to fix it though.

Well 50 cent let himself be killed. Damn. I was scared Tariq would be injured in the cross fire (I knew they wouldn’t kill him off but I was worried). 

I couldn’t quite follow how the connected Kanan and Raymond Jones- Tariq mentioned lying?

I thought Tariq was finished in the police car. After all that Kannan still showed him mercy. Of course, he goes out and made sure to take four cops in the process.

Is Dre finally finished? I'm sure 2-Bit will now try to take control (that will make for some good comedy).

The look on Tony's face when he saw Keisha was funny.

At the end, Angela and Tasha had big grins on their faces. For this show that means trouble for them is coming.

I hope the writers aren't going for some Ghost/Tommy confrontation.

• Love 2

So how does Tariq have time to attend boarding school in CT and cell drugs? Tasha and Ghost are the most absentee parents I've ever seen. They don't know what there kids are doing after school. Tariq is the number candidate for an after school activity.

I don't like Angela, I thought she wanted to be the "good" cop? I guess she is willing to be bad to save herself.

• Love 2

Tariq may be an absolute idiot, but he knows that Tasha and Ghost would never hurt him, while Kanan killed his own son. That's the only reason he chose family this time. I still expect him to be the asshat as normal.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, MyRealName said:

Tariq may be an absolute idiot, but he knows that Tasha and Ghost would never hurt him, while Kanan killed his own son. That's the only reason he chose family this time. I still expect him to be the asshat as normal.

This. Also Tariq did really care about Shawn. The reason he runs his mouth like a little shit is because he knows he’s loved by Tasha, James AND Tommy. 

I guess Kanan knew he wasnt going to make it out of the confrontation alive and didn’t want to add Tariq to his list of things to haunt him in his grave. I expected Tariq to be injured though. 

Anyone think Tommy and Keisha will marry to give her spousal privledge?

Why aren’t James and Tasha getting a divorce?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

This. Also Tariq did really care about Shawn. The reason he runs his mouth like a little shit is because he knows he’s loved by Tasha, James AND Tommy. 

I guess Kanan knew he wasnt going to make it out of the confrontation alive and didn’t want to add Tariq to his list of things to haunt him in his grave. I expected Tariq to be injured though. 

Anyone think Tommy and Keisha will marry to give her spousal privledge?

Why aren’t James and Tasha getting a divorce?

I can't figure that out either. Their marriage is clearly over. Tasha was all set to ride off into the sunset with Terry. I guess they don't have time to consult divorce attorneys with all that's been going on.

It was past time for Kanan to go. I'm glad he's gone. I thought Tariq would get shot though.

8 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

So how does Tariq have time to attend boarding school in CT and cell drugs? Tasha and Ghost are the most absentee parents I've ever seen. They don't know what there kids are doing after school. Tariq is the number candidate for an after school activity.

I don't like Angela, I thought she wanted to be the "good" cop? I guess she is willing to be bad to save herself.

I knew someone that went to boarding school (Exeter) and he talked a lot about how rampant the drug problem was. Rich kids with too much money and nothing to do = drugs. Tariq could probably carve out a nice niche for himself as a hustler at Choate, heh.

• Love 3

So much double- and triple-crossing it's gotten hard for me to keep all the plots straight.

I am so tired of Dre's desperation to be a power player. He's gonna learn though...if we're lucky.

Tariq. Good lord, how is that kid not psychotic by now? Any chance he's finally scared straight? Ditto comments upthread, I'm surprised Kanan didn't kill him.

Tasha, dang. You could've made that move weeks ago. But wow did she underestimate Kanan.

Oy, Proctor. If you go after the queen you best not miss.

The look on Tony's face when he saw Keisha was funny.

"A Bronx Tale" notwithstanding, I don't buy for a minute that old school mafiosos like Teresi and his wife would be so quckly accepting of Keisha. I bet on the way home all kinds of references to "that mulignan" were flying in their car. You'd think Keisha would know better but I guess she wants to give them the benefit of the doubt for Tommy's sake.

• Love 2

I am disappointed that Kanaan allowed himself to die without putting one between Tariq's eyes.  

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I am looking forward to the Proctor-Angela showdown.  If anybody is crafty enough to take her out, it's him.  

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:06 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Well 50 cent let himself be killed. Damn. I was scared Tariq would be injured in the cross fire (I knew they wouldn’t kill him off but I was worried). 

I couldn’t quite follow how the connected Kanan and Raymond Jones- Tariq mentioned lying?

I believe Kanaan realized that he was not going to live and chose to spare Tariq's  life. The way he looked at him , the fear on Tariq face I think was enough to make him realize that he did not need to kill this child.  Now I'm trying to figure the lawyers angle. Funny,  but he had no problem killing his own child.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 1

I find it extremely interesting that the person Tariq showed the most loyalty to in the end was dead Shawn.  Kanan just flat-out admitting he killed his own son was shocking even for him.

Hehe... Ghost looking at Proctor like he's pulling some Michael Cohen secret tape shit.  I know Proctor thinks he's helping Ghost (and himself) by hanging Angela out to dry, but Ghost is going to see that a lot differently.

My two favorite parts of the ep:  The pure terror on Tariq's face in the backseat of the police car.  That's probably the best acting I've seen from that kid.  My other favorite part was the look on Tasha's face as Tariq was crying in front of the cops... it was a mix of "poor baby" and "None of y'all actually believe this bullshit do you?"

Edited by nasir jones
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, FairyPrincess said:

I tried to go back and find it in the threads but couldn’t... does anyone remember what Angela wanted Mak to in exchange for the job recommendation? 

I don't believe she wanted anything other than him out of the way.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nasir jones said:

I find it extremely interesting that the person Tariq showed the most loyalty to in the end was dead Shawn.  Kanan just flat-out admitting he killed his own son was shocking even for him.

Hehe... Ghost looking at Proctor like he's pulling some Michael Cohen secret tape shit.  I know Proctor thinks he's helping Ghost (and himself) by hanging Angela out to dry, but Ghost is going to see that a lot differently.

My two favorite parts of the ep:  The pure terror on Tariq's face in the backseat of the police car.  That's probably the best acting I've seen from that kid.  My other favorite part was the look on Tasha's face as Tariq was crying in front of the cops... it was a mix of "poor baby" and "None of y'all actually believe this bullshit do you?"

For me it was the look Ghost gave Proctor!!! He’s bought to get gone. 

• Love 1

About time Kanan was killed.  Killing all those cops and walking away would have torn down the walls of credibility.  Guess he meant it when he said he wasn't going back to jail.  You would think that was the season finale with the way everything was tied up.  Well, not everything but the show closed the book on the dealings with Rayna's murder.  Now, we can put Rayna aside like the show does the 3rd kid.

• Love 5

As much as this death had been a long, LONG time coming...I'm having a hard time believing someone as egotistical as 50 is going to let himself be written off his own show. He likes being seen too much. He'll be back next season as an evil(er) twin named Conan or something.

Edited by LaJefaza
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, LaJefaza said:

As much as this death had been a long, LONG time coming...I'm having a hard time believing someone as egotistical as 50 is going to let himself be written off his own show. He likes being seen too much. He'll be back next season as an evil(er) twin named Conan or something.

Lol! Or maybe he'll come back as a ghost/spirit to haunt actual Ghost, Tommy, Dre, and Tariq.

"A Bronx Tale" notwithstanding, I don't buy for a minute that old school mafiosos like Teresi and his wife would be so quckly accepting of Keisha. I bet on the way home all kinds of references to "that mulignan" were flying in their car. You'd think Keisha would know better but I guess she wants to give them the benefit of the doubt for Tommy's sake.

Yeah, the whole "welcome to the family" toast didn't ring true for me, either. For exactly the reason you gave. Connie thought Keisha was the cook. I mean, if second-generation mafioso Tony Soprano called Meadow's black boyfriend "uncle Ben" to his face, then there was no damn way Teresi would've been polite.

Judging from the previews, Tariq is still a little shit. Going on about how Kanan was the only one who looked out for him or some bullshit. I will never understand how Tariq nor Ghost realized that Kanan got the ball rolling on Tariq's ain't shitness by introducing him to "the life." Ray-Ray wouldn't have been in Tariq and Raina's orbit if it wasn't for Kanan. But everything is Dre's fault? Say what?

I was annoyed at Tasha for even telling Tariq about the plan. I thought he would've snitched. I'll give Tariq credit for one thing, he knows how to code switch.

• Love 5
On 8/27/2018 at 11:57 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

So much double- and triple-crossing it's gotten hard for me to keep all the plots straight.

I am so tired of Dre's desperation to be a power player. He's gonna learn though...if we're lucky.

Tariq. Good lord, how is that kid not psychotic by now? Any chance he's finally scared straight? Ditto comments upthread, I'm surprised Kanan didn't kill him.

Tasha, dang. You could've made that move weeks ago. But wow did she underestimate Kanan.

With regard to Tasha underestimating Kanan, I thought that was one of few times James lashing out at Tasha was justified.

She severely underestimated Kanan. I noticed the grin her and Angela shared because their plan ultimately worked but I don’t think she will ever know how close her son was to death.

• Love 5
On 8/28/2018 at 9:05 PM, AntFTW said:

With regard to Tasha underestimating Kanan, I thought that was one of few times James lashing out at Tasha was justified.

She severely underestimated Kanan. I noticed the grin her and Angela shared because their plan ultimately worked but I don’t think she will ever know how close her son was to death.

I think she knows. If 4 cops are dead and Tariq is right there, yeah she knows

About family dinner with LaLa  and the Teresi's- I think papa Teresi showed restraint because he still wants to get in good with Tommy.  If he would've known Tommy from childhood and not trying to rat him out, I think we would've seen a different response. In regards to Tony soprano- Meadow was his princess.  Daddys look at the daughter with a more discernable eye than the sons.  He didn't say too much when A.J. had a Dominican girlfriend.  He was mo' pissed that she had 2 kids

Edited by Kirkydee
Misspelled
  • Love 2