Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Please—and I am begging—do not have Felicity and Rene join the SCPD as some kind of Green Arrow crimefighting support sub-unit. Please.

They're gonna force Felicity to act like Garcia on CM! 😝😱😂

I joke but I should not tempt fate! 

23 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

They're gonna force Felicity to act like Garcia on CM! 😝😱😂

I joke but I should not tempt fate! 

ONLY if we get Oliver talking to her like Morgan did to Garcia but different since they are married.

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 7

I just hope they don’t isolate Felicity with William in this episode to set up 713. Please remember she’s Overwatch. Because so far all I’ve heard about Felicity I think is she has great scenes with William? Have we gotten anything about Olicity in this episode?

4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I just hope they don’t isolate Felicity with William in this episode to set up 713. Please remember she’s Overwatch. Because so far all I’ve heard about Felicity I think is she has great scenes with William? Have we gotten anything about Olicity in this episode?

Nothing about Olicity, but this indicates that Felicity being Overwatch hasn't been forgotten:

While Curtis and Diggle found their own path at ARGUS, with Dinah and Laurel as very important city employees, Felicity and Rene were left out on the sidelines.

Since Oliver’s return, he’s found a way to continue working as the Green Arrow, with Dinah’s help. However, the rest of them continued to be ignored and their vigilante dreams crushed.

This episode provides an interesting solution and gives hope to a future where Team Arrow can continue to fight criminals together and not be pursued by the police.

There’s actually a terrific scene with Diggle dispensing some Diggle-wisdom!

giphy.gif

You shouldn’t have sent me away.

So this connects to William's future abandonment issues? As for him coming out, it's possible, but I'm not completely sold on that happening in the present. Most of the time, the ebb and flow of this show is governed by propelling the storyline forward and we alread know William is gay from the flash forwards. That definitely could be a good Queen/Queen-Smoak family scene though.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Another vigilante is unmasked
While everyone in Star City has been so focused on Oliver Queen coming into the light and working as the Green Arrow, Arrow 7×12 sees another hero take off their “mask” and reveal themselves to the world.

It’s unclear what implications this will have on the future of Arrow, but it’s quite possible that Oliver Queen won’t be the only person using their “unique” abilities to protect the city.

I wonder if this is Felicity? I thought it might be Dinah at first, but I wasn't paying attention to the "mask" being in quotes - indicating this person doesn't wear one. I wonder if Felicity's security system - or perhaps some other tech she's cooked up - will be used by the SCPD that will eventually morph into the Archer program in the future? Or maybe it'll be Archer in the present, too. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I wonder if this is Felicity? I thought it might be Dinah at first, but I wasn't paying attention to the "mask" being in quotes - indicating this person doesn't wear one. I wonder if Felicity's security system - or perhaps some other tech she's cooked up - will be used by the SCPD that will eventually morph into the Archer program in the future? Or maybe it'll be Archer in the present, too. 

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing too. That and "'unique' abilities to protect the city", meaning it's some unconventional way (that's not actually unique but different than the others at least) of protecting the city and Beth's past quotes about seeing both Felicity working on Smoak Tech and working as a vigilante.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Dinah hasnt suited up all season so it could very well be her revealing that she was the Black Canary and we know from the pics that she gets her Canary Cry on when they are most likely being documented. 

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Dinah hasnt suited up all season so it could very well be her revealing that she was the Black Canary and we know from the pics that she gets her Canary Cry on when they are most likely being documented. 

I wasn't sure if those were the same scenes, because in the one where the camera crew is behind them she has her badge on her jacket, and the one where she's screaming she doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I wonder if Willian's surprise is an adoption request? 

It could also be that he has a boyfriend but, I would think they'd give that scene to Oliver.

I love the adoption theory! Although I wouldn’t be surprised if he came out to her before Oliver. (Though next week’s description makes it seem like he’s hiding something from both of them.)

Whatever happens this week, I hope the writers acknowledge that being alone together in witness protection for five months strengthened Felicity and William’s bond. I still feel cheated that we didn’t get a post-prison scene of Oliver readjusting to home life and feeling left out of their little circle. 

• Love 5

Also

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yep and I can see teen Will being angry but, if they try to use that for adult Will feeling abandoned...

It's weird since it might end up being only KM and JJ in the FF for 712. Like, one would think they'd have adult William as a parallel or something, unless I guess they plan to draw out reunion bumps between Olicity and William so they can just keep the parallel/explanation for 713.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, way2interested said:

Probably that "You shouldn't have sent me away" line

Dyf2LZVXcAAcMPW?format=jpg&name=small

And the Felicity haters spin this into her being a toxic abusive influence in 3,2,1...

Seriously if Williams whole beef is that Felicity sent him to a fancy boarding school for a couple of months to protect his ungrateful life and he's still whinging about it 20 years later, then he's not worth it. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

And the Felicity haters spin this into her being a toxic abusive influence in 3,2,1...

I don't really care about Felicity haters and don't really see any reason to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Seriously if Williams whole beef is that Felicity sent him to a fancy boarding school for a couple of months to protect his ungrateful life and he's still whinging about it 20 years later, then he's not worth it. 

Idk how they'll frame it with Future William and they'll probably reference it next week instead of tomorrow (it might be that even though they resolve it in 712, whatever went down in the future that caused William to leave contradicts what happens tomorrow, like Felicity promises to never leave him again but then it happens again or something, who knows) but for William in present day, William imo totally has reasons to he upset. The only reason that he had hope for the future is because he still had Felicity and then she pushed him away. We all know it was for a good reason, but it's still pretty damaging for William who was left alone with the possibility that both of his parents could be dead while he's in another state. And Oliver and Felicity are the ones who put him in that situation, even though they were in no-win situations themselves.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Those Diggle genes at work - posted today...

IMO they did a really good Job casting Adult William and JJ who look like younger Oliver and Digg. It's why I'm thinking Blackstar/Maya IS Oliver and Felicitys Daughter 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Can you guys still see that? Because all i'm getting is a notification that it's been removed from Instagram. 

I still do, but it's just Joseph Jones working out, so you're fine

I'm almost sad this game might end soon:

DygjmrcWkAUEFaQ.jpg

• Love 1
7 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Please—and I am begging—do not have Felicity and Rene join the SCPD as some kind of Green Arrow crimefighting support sub-unit. Please.

If they could somehow be set up as a team independent from Dinah or anyone else's direct control, I might be able to handle it.  Still think outing himself and thus everyone else was a dumpster fire of a plot but it seems to be the Green Arrow's curse to repeat it.  (Happened on Smallville and in the comics too) 

I don’t mind current day William being mad at Felicity. Felicity did the right thing but from his perspective it probably didn’t feel like it. It could be a good scene. Personally I hope he gets mad at his Dad for not allowing him to come back right away. None of this should be the reason for the  future estrangement. I’m preparing myself for that to be the case though. 

It sounds like Felicity could have a fairly large role with William, Oliver, Overwatch and DR’s comment about OTA coming back. Crossing my fingers. 

With JJ coming into play, it makes sense to put some focus on Diggle. I can’t say I’m looking forward to that. Diggle is making me angry this season. I don’t know how this is going to play out.

The comment about them showing E1 Laurel makes me hope we see the interviewer showing Siren the footage during her interview and then panning to her blank face. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 6

It's weird, but it would also be weird to hold up the synopsis because of a spoiler when she could just be vague like she has before. My CW programming schedule only goes up to Saturday the 16th, but I'll keep checking. 

Edited by apinknightmare
33 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I was just remembering, is there a break after 713 or does 712 just have something that spoils 714? Since the press release for 714 didn't come out last week like it was supposed to

It's hard to imagine them scheduling a break during February sweeps. It's probably more Chico incompetence.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 1

I have an obligation tonight that will probably prevent me from watching live, unless I can think of a good enough excuse to break away for an hour. I don't really mind not watching live, but not being able to participate in the live chat devastates me. It's honestly been my favorite thing about watching the show for the past few seasons. If I don't make it, I hope you all have a great time tonight!

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

There's a break after 7x13, all of the dctv shows are repeats on the week of the 18th.

Wow, that's super weird. There are no Olympics this year, so I wonder what that's all about.

• Love 1

ARROW: The CW Boss Mark Pedowitz on Episode 150’s Homage
January 31, 2019 by Marisa Roffman   
http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2019/01/31/arrow-episode-150-homage-mark-pedowitz/

AR712A_0073b.jpg

When ARROW celebrates its 150th episode on Monday, February 4, they’ll be paying homage to The CW president Mark Pedowitz.

The episode, “Emerald Archer,” follows the ARROW characters documentary-style, complete with interviews from the characters about their time as vigalantes. And the director of the doc? M. Pedowitz.

“I did not know they were doing it when I watched a rough cut,” the real Pedowitz told reporters after his Television Critics Association panel. “I watch a lot of my rough cuts on my treadmill. So when I heard the name come out, I almost fell down!”

“It was really sweet of them to do that,” he continued. “I was honored, it was sweet, and I almost killed myself.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1