Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

So the big secret that I thought was a half-sister is really that Oliver is getting tortured again in prison?

On 11/11/2018 at 4:14 PM, bijoux said:

I’m doubtful about Arrow’s future being reset, simply because I think they plan to extend that narrative past this season.

They could re-set the future timeline they're running this season and run different scenarios for the next seasons. But you're probably right.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So the big secret that I thought was a half-sister is really that Oliver is getting tortured again in prison?

What more could you want from this ground breaking show? It's dark! Oliver's being tortured! Again! Really it's incredibly clever. And dark!

You obviously don't recognise brilliance when you see it. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Or that he attacked guards to get to Level Two? Although I don't see how that would be a "secret" since it's not like he could've told her... 

But him being tortured in prison isn't a "secret" either. 

I was thinking about the flash forwards. They could do something like: in the season finale Old Oliver wakes up from a coma & the ff have been a dream. I never watched Lost, but I kinda know how it ended, and Beth did she they were inspired by it. It'd be the biggest troll ever, but the show creators will probably think it's an amazing twist. At this point it feels like they are leading up to a twist. So far William doesn't seem to be the most reliable narrator, his story seems to be all over the place & there's no way he wouldn't hear of Felicity dying. That said, ep 4 is way too early for a reveal like that if it's going to stick. 

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I was thinking about the flash forwards. They could do something like: in the season finale Old Oliver wakes up from a coma & the ff have been a dream. I never watched Lost, but I kinda know how it ended, and Beth did she they were inspired by it. It'd be the biggest troll ever, but the show creators will probably think it's an amazing twist. At this point it feels like they are leading up to a twist. So far William doesn't seem to be the most reliable narrator, his story seems to be all over the place & there's no way he wouldn't hear of Felicity dying. That said, ep 4 is way too early for a reveal like that if it's going to stick. 

Lost had flash backs and flash forwards but then in the final season they had a parallel storyline, which the producers called side way flashes, where the plane never crashed. But which turned out to be spoiler alert 

Spoiler

A limbo the survivors created after they died so the could cross over to heaven together or something. 

If the writers have the flash forwards be all a dream I feel like that's more like Dallas. Which I've never watched but heard they had an entire season where the main character was killed offf only to reveal the entire season was a dream and reset everything.

I reckon they'll either have Team Arrow in the future fixing up their bleak future along side their kids so we have the happy ending in both the future and present storylines or despite saying the future is "fixed" and their will be no time travel they will do exactly that and have it waved off through methods of time travel. It wouldn't be the first time the producers have lied/mislead in interviews. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

All I know is since Laurel is visiting Oliver in prison in 706, we better get at least two Felicity visits. 

Since they are clearly making up the prison rules as they go along, I demand a conjugal visit. Or 4. 

• Love 13

Maybe I am just in denile, but I cant imagine them really killing Felicity off unless EBR wanted to leave the show. Even in the crappy possible future we keep flashing to. EBR has seemed so excited about this season, it just doesn't make sense. I can see her maybe being killed off in some alternate future, or is missing and presumed dead, but not really dead for real. It just seems too stupid to even consider. Even the people who thought that NTA vs. Team Arrow was a valid and diplomatic argument between equals...could they?

• Love 4

That 8 years dead thing still doesn't make any sense to me. If only based on the fact that William is in tech so he would've heard of the CEO of Smoak Tech dying. SOMETHING IS AMISS. 

3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Maybe I am just in denile, but I cant imagine them really killing Felicity off unless EBR wanted to leave the show.

If she wanted to leave the show and they wanted to kill her off for her to do that, they'd do it here in the present, not in the future. If she's dead in the future, she still has a storyline in the present. There really wouldn't be any reason other than because they wanted to.

• Love 4

I can't make the 8 year thing make sense either. In addition to the "there's no way William wouldn't have heard" issue, had Roy been hanging out on Lian Yu for 8+ years? Because otherwise he should have heard about the death of one of his best friends/(ex?)girlfriend's sister-in-law.

• Love 1

The only way it will ever make sense is if Oliver and Felicity don't ever go back to boarding school to pick him up and he hates their guts for the rest of his life over it. If they pick him up at all after that, then none of it makes sense, whether Felicity's been dead 8 years or not.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe - I didn't realize it was posted more than once. I only saw an anon post on callistawolf's tumblr and it wasn't mentioned there. 

Yup and they were saying its all over the DMs. They specified the 8 years and next episode.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Whenever something gets flooded to DMs, it’s usually fake.

Beth is probably planting fake spoilers. Trust no one.

LOL now I’m imagining Beth planting fake spoilers all while the CW is accidentally releasing wrong promos and Beth going, “damnit, I’m trying so hard!”

• Love 4

This just reminds me of those really realistic BTS photos of Felicity's gravestone posted on reddit last year around this time. I always wondered if they were from a trolling fan or a deliberate plant by TPTB on the show.

• Love 3

The ARGUS storyline is boring mainly because it involves Curtis but also because didn’t we already know ARGUS  was shady??? They’re acting like this is some shocking revelation but I thought it was obvious this whole time. 

So in the season teaser trailer, we saw Felicity, Digg, NTA and Siren saving Anatoly. Do we think Diaz is gonna bring him back to Star city (that's my guess), or will all these people be taking a journey to Moscow?

I don't care about the ARGUS stuff either, but it seems like they may be borrowing some of the future ARGUS stuff from LOT. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 9.53.34 AM.png

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, JJ928 said:

For me the best twist would be to reveal its all taking place on an Elseworld that will feature in the big "Elseworld's Finest" crossover and that Earth-1 Oliver and Felicity learn from went wrong in that world how to avoid the same thing happening in their world (it would also mean we wouldn't have to see the flash-forward stuff once the Elseworld's Finest crossover is done).

• Love 3

No Curtis in that photograph. Please let him not be in the van running comms.

I'm worried that since the crossover is Elseworld, Oliver may still be in prison for the MSF.  And while it was nice to see Talia yesterday, I'm so tired of Oliver in the prison plotline.

The good part is that things are happening this season and Felicity is back to being a co-star instead of propping up everyone elese's storyline.   The bad part is that so much doesn't make sense.

If Oliver and Felicity disappeared and Felicity "died" eight years ago, William would have been 24. That's too old to have abandonment issues. And ARGUS has been shady ever since Amanda Waller first appeared.

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm worried that since the crossover is Elseworld, Oliver may still be in prison for the MSF.  And while it was nice to see Talia yesterday, I'm so tired of Oliver in the prison plotline.

His beard is shaved, he and Felicity are supposed to go to a fancy party in 708 and get interrupted, Elseworlds is still supposed to be affecting the actual characters, and 705 just set up how Oliver will get released, so I'm going with he still gets out in 707, maybe even declared free at the end of 706 but then have the one more fight scene in 707 before he actually leaves  

• Love 2
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

Ok PANIC MODE

But is he in the FF? What they show him killing Felicity in the future???? Yes this is the kind of gross thing I expect this show to do.

Its not like Felicity is the only person on the show he could kill.

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

But is he in the FF?

Please don't you dare suggest that Diaz survives 20+ years. I feel like even if Oliver or someone from the team doesn't kill him/lock him away for good, one of his "allies" would take him out before then just to get rid of him. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Please don't you dare suggest that Diaz survives 20+ years. I feel like even if Oliver or someone from the team doesn't kill him/lock him away for good, one of his "allies" would take him out before then just to get rid of him. 

Hey I totally agree with you but Arrow is Arrow so they might just pick him to be the villain they carry on 4EVA!!!!!!! 

Just now, Mellowyellow said:

She's the only person in the show he can kill that matters.

True, but this is an actor that truly thinks he's the baddest Big Bad this show has ever seen, and that's just laughably false. He could think Curtis is someone people love not knowing I'd bake cupcakes if he were to kill him. 

• Love 2
Just now, calliope1975 said:

True, but this is an actor that truly thinks he's the baddest Big Bad this show has ever seen, and that's just laughably false. He could think Curtis is someone people love not knowing I'd bake cupcakes if he were to kill him. 

Yes my only comfort is that KA is a silly twerp when it comes to interpreting fan favs! But he' such a bitter little gremlin I think he knows who the favs truly are.

1 minute ago, KenyaJ said:

He's certainly not one of my favorites, but I'm praying for Curtis. 

I will claim Curtis is my favourite for the next 2 years if that's what it takes!!!!!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Honestly, if Diaz is in the flashforwards, him possibly killing Felicity will be the least of my problems because my eyes will have rolled so far out of my head that I might need a vehicle to track them down.

Seriously. I refuse to believe he's alive that long. If he is I'm gonna go full fandom nutbars and hire a prop plane to fly "WHY BETH, WHY" over her office repeatedly.

• Love 11