Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Felicity could still learn a secret apart from that, or we know CW doesn't know how to write a promo, and the secret could just be what's happening in the prison. 

Yeah, it seems weird to describe whatever's going on in that promo as a "secret," but expecting precision from the CW's promo monkeys is foolish.

If the promo is for 705/706, I'm going to entertain myself for the rest of the day by imagining Beth's head exploding at the network's incompetence.

Edited by KenyaJ
15 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

That promo has to be 705 or 706. My first thought was this would be the ep where Siren tries to get him out or what leads to that (6 right?). Renewed energy to get Oliver out makes sense if he's in danger of having his mind wiped.

Yeah, it just kind of makes sense that tonight's episode would focus on Silencer and possibly getting some information out of her that leads to discovering the prison brainwashing in the next ep, which then would lead to Laurel stepping in to stop it in 7x06, which would then lead to Oliver somehow getting out in 7x07.

Was the Demon ever definitively mentioned as a prisoner? Is it possible he's the guy drugging Oliver, and working with Diaz? Maybe he's doing something super dumb, like helping Diaz build an army of brain-dead ex-con soldiers to complete a mass 3-D printing project/destruction?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Huh, strange. Unless whoever RTed it didn't watch it and assumed the CW would advertise the right episode?

It's sad that this may actually be what happened lol. But it is the CW.

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Was the Demon ever definitively mentioned as a prisoner? Is it possible he's the guy drugging Oliver, and working with Diaz? Maybe he's doing something super dumb, like helping Diaz build an army of brain-dead ex-con soldiers to complete a mass 3-D printing project/destruction?

They mentioned the demon and it seemed he was a prisoner, but nothing definitive that I remember. It would make sense if the demon on level 2 is some psycho DR drugging inmates. Kinda Scarecrow-ish from Batman Begins, but they do love stealing from those films.

I really hope they stop things before we get any kind of definitive brainwashing/memory erasing for Oliver. That's just a bit too much for me tbh. ?

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

So now I'm wondering if the Demon really is the guy doing the drugging and all the guys in prison were just working on getting Oliver down there on behalf of Diaz. Which would be sooooo incredibly lame so please don't let that be it.

I thought the same thing. ?

Poor Beth, but not a surprise. It feels like the numbers are confused. The synopsis for last week's episode feels like it should be for this week's so it makes sense that if they accidentally sent out next week's clip.

A mind wipe is set up from Brick saying that the only way people get out from level 2 is dead. But it wouldn't explain how The Demon controls everyone unless he's a guard and not a prisoner.

If The Demon has that much power, why would he be taking orders from the lamest villain Arrow has ever had?  Seriously, Longbow Hunters and other villains, you don't need this guy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

I thought the same thing. ?

I'm probably way off. I was just trying to think how this all ties in with what we know, like why Diaz would be at a prison riot. The obvious choice is that it's because he's in prison too, but IDK if that's where his character is headed now that he's been super serum-ed up. I hope it is! But then I started thinking that he could've been there because of some kind of Demon issue (like Level 2 brain mush prisoners going ape and trying to take over the prison, and Oliver does some saving which results in him getting a pardon or something). Clearly I have too much time on my hands today!

Yay! I'm not expecting to get any answers any time soon, but I'm excited about them going back to Star City. (Now watch all these scenes tonight take place on a boat in the North China Sea.)

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yes, give me more William! I still can't believe last season and this season have actually made me want to see more William (kid and now adult). Seasons 4 and 5, I dreaded his appearances. 

Me too. I'm so fond of both of them and I actually can't wait to see Little Will again. I really wanted to see him and Felicity on their own while Oliver was in prison, and I'm disappointed that the show went in a different direction.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

I welcome more William as long as he doesn't reveal something that's gonna make fandom freak out until whenever it gets resolved, LOL. 

You had to just go there and jinx us.  Tsk tsk.  Lol

Looking at next weeks promo (I resisted until this episode was over) noticed there's no ponytail in site.  Is that her Ruthless Felicity look?

• Love 2
Just now, apinknightmare said:

Anyone who actually thinks she's dead deserves the crushing disappointment they'll feel when they find out she isn't. 

It still makes me nervous! I'm ashamed to admit it's been 3 years and I'm still twitchy! I need to drink optimistic juice from the haters.

• Love 1
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

It still makes me nervous! I'm ashamed to admit it's been 3 years and I'm still twitchy! I need to drink optimistic juice from the haters.

The episode just showed her pretending in order to set a plan in motion. She's not dead. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The episode just showed her pretending in order to set a plan in motion. She's not dead. 

Okay. Got it. *takes a deep breath and tries to achieve zen*

Thanks!

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1

No way is Felicity dead. Nope, no way, not a thing. 

And why the hell does Felicity even NEED to remind the rest of the Arrow peeps that maybe they should consider trying to help Oliver?!?! Yeah its all well and good that all THEIR lives are awesome now, but Oliver is about to have horrific trauma number 4500, and Felicity is heartbroken. Jerks.

• Love 8

So, is Dinah in on the whole thing and worried that Smoak Tech was bugged? I can't figure out why she said Felicity's whole name to a group of people who knew her, unless she was doing it for show because she knew someone was listening. Or because Felicity Smoak is ~dead because she's taken up another identity. 

That phrasing was dumb. IDK if it's purposefully dumb or Arrow dumb.

• Love 2

Ok I'm back to panicking (yes the calm was very short lived).

Wasn't there an article on an actress leaving one of the shows? What if it is EBR? Can't really blame the writers if she wants out (not that I blame EBR either). Maybe this is there way if writing her out.

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ok I'm back to panicking (yes the calm was very short lived).

Wasn't there an article on an actress leaving one of the shows? What if it is EBR? Can't really blame the writers if she wants out (not that I blame EBR either). Maybe this is there way if writing her out.

It was not about an actress specifically, it was about an original cast member leaving. Emily is not an original cast member, even though she was around in the first season, and the person who posted the blind wouldn't have gotten that wrong. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

It was for an actor who's been a series regular since day one, not EBR.

• Love 1

I understand the panic but if William didn't know she was dead, even supposing she really is, it doesn't seem like it happens in the near future so it would only really write EBR out of the flashforward. Plus, whatever happens she has to build Smoak Tech first which wouldn't happen instantly.

• Love 5

I hope, if these flash forwards are legit, that William is in on whatever con Felicity/Oliver have going on. I don't believe for a second she's dead, but I do see her faking her death & maybe even Oliver's. It'd be another thing they can steal from TDK trilogy lol. But whatever this leads up to, I do hope William is a part of it. He made it sound like he hadn't been in Star City for years, and there is no way Felicity and Oliver abandon him. There are just too many things not adding up.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I can't figure out why she said Felicity's whole name to a group of people who knew her

Dinah's the type to say a person's full name to their own family on the chance they might think she's talking about someone else.  It's not Arrow dumb so much as Dinah dumb.  It would be a nice surprise if they do reveal that she was expecting it to be bugged.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Dinah's the type to say a person's full name to their own family on the chance they might think she's talking about someone else.  It's not Arrow dumb so much as Dinah dumb.  It would be a nice surprise if they do reveal that she was expecting it to be bugged.

I kinda prefer for Dinah to actually think she's dead lol. If FS faked her death (and i'm betting on this), then I hope she faked it from everyone outside of her family & Digg. I've had enough of DD in everything. 

• Love 14

I hope Oliver and Felicity still don't trust Dinah enough 20 years in the future to let her in on their plan. It would be appropriate what with her being such an awful hypocrite. 

So, they showed us JJ last week.  I'm expecting to see him soon in the FF as Green Arrow. 

William = Future Overwatch

Zoe = Future Black Canary

JJ = Future Green Arrow

Maya = Vigilante Slayer turned Inside Police Contact?

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I hope, if these flash forwards are legit, that William is in on whatever con Felicity/Oliver have going on. 

Yeah. It's obvious that Roy intentionally isolated himself and has some bad memories he's avoiding. Maybe Felicity and Oliver told William that scamming Roy with this story of abandonment is the only way to lure him back home. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

So, they showed us JJ last week.  I'm expecting to see him soon in the FF as Green Arrow. 

JJ = Future Green Arrow

I'm okay with this, but I still want justice for Baby Sara. That chill motorcycle seat riding toddler would have been such a BAMF vigilante. 

• Love 17
42 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

JJ = Future Green Arrow

I dont think Maya will hate Vilgantes that much especially if shes Olicity daughter. If she thinks Her Parents are dead cause of a Vilgante or blames the lifestyle is one thing. I think she could be Future Speedy, Arsenal or Even go by Red Arrow 

• Love 1

William was directed to Oliver’s bow buried on Lian Yu.  Is that a sign that Oliver gives up the Vigilante Life at some point?  Maybe the future was bright before desolation and destruction reared their ugly heads again.  Felicity found time to start a company. We might discover Oliver did something else too.  

• Love 3

Just in the vein of of course FutureFelicity (I may start writing FFelicity or would that be too confusing?) is not really dead, if she were really dead, Beth would already have an interview out confirming it yap yapping about how hey, we still have EBR in the present and plan on having her for a long time blah, blah, blah.  Think of how quick after the FWilliam was revealed,  she immediately confirmed the FlashForward was 20 years in the future and no not on another Earth and they were not doing time travel.  If Felicity was really dead she'd put to rest the denial. 

I do still expect her to try and be coy in future interviews but timing matters so anything that comes in the next weeks, months, will just be her holding her cards close to her chest.   

• Love 1
7 hours ago, JJ928 said:

I kinda prefer for Dinah to actually think she's dead lol. If FS faked her death (and i'm betting on this), then I hope she faked it from everyone outside of her family & Digg. I've had enough of DD in everything. 

Maybe she faked her death to get away from DD! That's what I would do...

• Love 7

What?! Is Felicity actually dead DEAD? ?

Like, REALLY DEAD?! Or Arrowverse kinda of "dead"? 

I LOVE FELICITY  ??

I wanted to wait few episodes to catch up on Arrow after bailing in season 5, but this is kinda sad if true.

So I know Beth said they weren't touching on any of the LOT futures, because Arrow is its own thing... but what if they're doing a version of Zari's future? That could also tie into the Flash. 

In Zari's future ARGUS takes over and there are anti-meta laws, meta humans are imprisoned. On Flash Iris put a dampener in Nora, so she didn't know she had powers, and we know she must've had a good reason. These things can easily tie into this Arrow future. While I'd love for Arrow to be its own completely, these shows (mostly Flash and Arrow) are connected. 

The never mentioned Argus though in 704 and pretty much set it up as Star City vs itself to keep that """"grounded"""" feeling though, so I think it might be just both shows like the dark Arrow future setting as a coincidence rather than actually trying to make the two the same.