Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I love the scene but why would Felicity need to lie and say they were sorority sisters? E1 Laurel (who I assume the security detail think BS is) and Felicity were publically friends and even if not, Felicity's married to the Green Arrow and Laurel was the Black Canary so I'd think the SCPD would assume there was some association. 

The writers seem to not want to address the whole "she was the former Black Canary who is now DA again somehow". Maybe in 7x06. 

• Love 1
Just now, Chaser said:

“You’re a hell of a lot more interesting than I thought” - Remember when you fooled everyone but her and she punched you in the face? Huh Pumpkin? 

I actually really liked this, because she spent a lot of time ripping on what a bore/awful dresser E1 Laurel was last season. Her thinking everyone on E1 just sucks is a bit of continuity I can get behind, LOL.

• Love 1

I hope we get plenty of Laurel/Felicity this season.

Speaking of Felicity though....are Diggle and Dinah really just allowing her to run around with no protection....again....with Diaz knowingly in town? Are we just going to ignore that for the remainder of the season? At least tell me Argus has someone secretly keeping tabs on her.

13 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

are Diggle and Dinah really just allowing her to run around with no protection....again....with Diaz knowingly in town? Are we just going to ignore that for the remainder of the season? At least tell me Argus has someone secretly keeping tabs on her.

Considering she has a person prisoner right now and anyone watching her would probably have something to say about that (or her slipping her detail to go to the Silencer), I’m assuming no one’s watching her. Because despite what they say, no one’s actions or priorities suggest they’re thinking about Felicity’s safety. 

But they really should address that since they are bringing up BS’ protection detail. 

• Love 4

So that was interesting. I guess they aren't going to do anything about how BS can fake being a lawyer or why no one gives a shit E1LL was a vigilante. It was good Felicity remembered she wasn't E1LL though. I guess it remains to be seen on whether that was a "yeah we know we're just going to keep ignoring it" or a point that's going to come up again for BSs arc. Felicity just "asking for a friend" about holding Silencer captive was amusing but also dark. She isn't giving any fucks though I guess it depends on what her and BS's "justice" involves. 

I'm not eager for more Felicity/BS scenes but it's better than the random insta friends she and E1 became in S3. 

• Love 8

What this means: If Diaz was tough to take down before, he's damn near impossible for the fractured Team Arrow to even try to defeat him now. Oliver's still in prison (and now he's being taken to super max thanks to a prison riot), and he was really the best/only chance the team had at taking down Diaz when he had only normal strength. The Dragon's new super serum has made him totally unstoppable, and the most formidable opponent this show has had yet. 

LOL.

Beth, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I like the clip though! Rene and Felicity is a duo I never thought I would enjoy and yet here we are. 

Edited by apinknightmare

Nooo, the clip won't load for me for some reason. I don't know if it's a matter of location or a temporary glitch. Does anyone have an alternative link? Man, Felicity is just serving truth all over the place. Please, get to Dig as well.

14 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Felicity reminding Rene that torture works since he gave away Oliver under torture also

Did Felicity actually remind Rene? I can't watch the video right now with sound on and I don't see an option for cc. Because I would be there for someone acknowledging he gave Oliver up.

Edited by bethy
Just now, bethy said:

Did Felicity remind Rene? I can't watch the video right now with sound on and I don't see an option for cc. 

Yes - he said that Felicity didn't want to go down that road, and that he was ashamed of what he'd done in the Army and that Tobias Church torturing him was payback for that - evil for evil. Then Felicity reminded him that the torture worked because he gave Oliver up. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Nooo, the clip won't load for me for some reason. I don't know if it's a matter of location or a temporary glitch. Does anyone have an alternative link? Man, Felicity is just serving truth all over the place. Please, get to Dig as well.

It didn't work on my phone. But, my desktop it worked.

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Wow, did we really not only get two sneak peeks the week before the episode, but two sneak peeks featuring Felicity? I'm shocked. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they got some sort of feedback in terms of polls. This is so early to be sharing clips and both are with Felicity. Or they finally just got some brains and now know where there jackpot is in terms of promotion and feebback (retweets and likes.)

3 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Felicity reminding Rene that torture works since he gave away Oliver under torture also

Can the whole season be Felicity reminding everyone of the various ways they've failed Oliver?

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Can the whole season be Felicity reminding everyone of the various ways they've failed Oliver?

She's done it to Diggle, Watson, Rene, and even brought up how BS being DA is crazy. This pattern has been amazing.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 9

I’d appreciate it if Felicity could also take the time to remind Curtis about his hypocrisy in complaining about being GPS tracked after he secretly slipped tracking nanites into her pancakes. 

• Love 14

Transcription of 704 sneak peek #1 video:
E2 Laurel (sighing): "How'd you get past my SCPD detail?"
Felicity: "You know I went to MIT, right? It's like Harvard for computer geeks, with an acceptance rate of 6.7%. So if I can get in there, I can get in pretty much anywhere. Except for here, which is why I had to resort to saying that we were sorority sisters. (Off Laurel's look) Yeah, right. Wow! So you are actually practicing law."
E2 Laurel: "Why does everybody find that so hard to believe?"
Felicity: "Oh, probably because you're not the real Laurel or a real lawyer. Uhh, try saying that three times fast. What a tongue twister."
E2 Laurel: "I am doing this for Quentin. So if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to work now."
Felicity: "Yeah, I get it. I mean, prosecuting criminals must be a lot harder than being one."
E2 Laurel: "You're still here."
Felicity: "I have a case that you might be interested in."
E2 Laurel: "Your Laurel might've done the whole pro bono thing, but this Laurel doesn't."
Felicity: "Hypothetically, if there was a female assassin who went by - I don't know - the name The Silencer, who had, for purposes of this illustration only, attacked the D.A. with a belt device that cancelled sound. Well, if someone had captured said assailant and was holding her hostage, do you think the D.A. in this perfectly random hypothetical might be interested in serving justice?"
E2 Laurel: "You kidnapped and imprisoned the Silencer?"
Felicity: "No. Not me. Just asking for a friend."
E2 Laurel: "And you want my help."
Felicity: "Yeah, I never thought this day would come either, but here we are."
E2 Laurel: "You're a hell of a lot more interesting than I thought. Where is she?"

Transcription of 704 sneak peek #2 video:
Rene: "Any luck?"
Felicity: "No. I actually think she might be enjoying herself. We're going to need to turn up the heat."
Rene: "Any hotter, it'll turn into soup."
Felicity: "I meant, turn up the stakes. Do whatever it takes to make her give us the information."
Rene: "You don't mean torture."
Felicity: "I don't not mean it."
Rene: "Felicity, you don't know what you're saying. Torturing someone is a line you do not want to cross. When the Navy discharged me for what I did to a prisoner, I learned a lesson about the cost of my humanity, 'cause I still have nightmares of what I did, even though I saved lives. So when Tobias Church tortured me for over 20 hours, it was the universe paying me back. That's evil for evil."
Felicity: "I'm sorry about that. I am. Church broke you. You gave up Oliver's identity, Rene. It worked. She tried to kill Dinah and Laurel and us. Diaz hired her and he isn't going to stop coming after us until we are all dead."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Looks good! I'm guessing the whole Silencer kidnapped thing might be shelved if they find out Oliver is in trouble? I can't believe Felicity still has to remind people to help him though. 

Edited by Guest
7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I can't believe Felicity still has to remind people to help him though. 

Maybe it's an issue of Silencer giving them information that they can go off of for Diaz and Oliver being in trouble so they have to decide between the two? Dinah and Laurel are the kind of a-holes who I fully believe would have to be convinced away from chasing Diaz and could only be convinced (barely) by Oliver being in immediate, irreversible danger. 

• Love 1
Just now, Angel12d said:

Is that even the right promo? I'm now wondering if it's for 705 where Felicity finds out a secret about Oliver. 

Yeah, that would make a little more sense, since this seems like the kind of situation that would lead into ep 6 based on the synopsis.

Just now, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, that would make a little more sense, since this seems like the kind of situation that would lead into ep 6 based on the synopsis.

Yeah, it just doesn't seem to add up with what we know about 704. 

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Is that even the right promo? I'm now wondering if it's for 705 where Felicity finds out a secret about Oliver. 

Tbh I'm wondering that too. It seems like that would be a lot to go down in one episode, since we'd have to have Oliver, Felicity with Silencer, the new GA subplot, the flashforwards (CH was on set for 704), Felicity now switching to helping Oliver, etc.

Plus 705 said Dinah works with an unlikely ally and it had a shot of Dinah with BS

704 is the Felicity/Silencer plot, Rene's kid getting injured, and obviously the start of Oliver in Level Two. And then we know from the episode description that Felicity finds out a secret about Oliver in 705, which seemed to be what was happening in that promo. So I really do think that's the wrong one. Either way I really wanna watch 705 now so I suppose it didn't hurt, haha.

It didn't seem to me that Felicity was finding out a secret about Oliver. It looked like she was finding out someone in the prison is planning to turn her husband's brain into swiss cheese. Either way, I'm always here for a good Oliver and Felicity-focused promo.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, KenyaJ said:

It didn't seem to me that Felicity was finding out a secret about Oliver. It looked like she was finding out someone in the prison is planning to turn her husband's brain into swiss cheese. 

IDK, I think that could be considered a secret about Oliver, since it would be about Oliver and the prison would probably want to keep it a secret. 

A mystery (for another 7 hours)!

They've now posted the promo everywhere so either it is the right promo for 704 and there is A LOT going on in this episode or they've messed up and just don't realize. It's the CW. It could go either way!  Haha.

That promo has to be 705 or 706. My first thought was this would be the ep where Siren tries to get him out or what leads to that (6 right?). Renewed energy to get Oliver out makes sense if he's in danger of having his mind wiped. So maybe that's 5, and Siren makes her move in 6? Felicity could still learn a secret apart from that, or we know CW doesn't know how to write a promo, and the secret could just be what's happening in the prison. 

27 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

It didn't seem to me that Felicity was finding out a secret about Oliver. It looked like she was finding out someone in the prison is planning to turn her husband's brain into swiss cheese. 

Just think back to other episode descriptions we've gotten. HT was Oliver's friend in 505 (no, he was Diggle's), Curtis went undercover in 703 (no, he stayed in a van), etc. 

I must say this season has managed to actually give us some good promos. All I need is for Diggle to get some shine, but keep Felicity on this track. I am really enjoying her having this arc.