Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

Well, my interest in season 8 is now gone. I have no desire to watch this show without EBR. My guess is she goes into hiding in present day in the season finale, and doesn’t appear in the flash forwards in S8 (or there aren’t any). This doesn’t bode well for Oliver surviving Crisis either. But to have him die and her not be there? Unbelievable.

• Love 13

Personally I think she'll be in both Crisis and the series finale but the latter is the guarantee of the two.  I don't know why they'd leave her out of Crisis, but they definitely can't do the Arrow finale without Felicity.  Even if the future does turn out to be real there's no reason not to include her in the big show goodbye.  This is no doubt a PR choice so they can "surprise" everyone when she shows up at the end.

• Love 3

Yeah, I hope they've gotten her to agree to be in Crisis and/or the finale so my hopes of Oliver's fate changing by the end isn't gone. 

This makes me wonder if Stephen is going to be in all of the episodes, or if he's going to be offscreen in hiding with Felicity for most of the season?

Twitter is mad at Emily. We don’t know who made the decision. It might be TPTB wanted to end with GA & BC working together and GA sacrifices himself in Crisis so Felicity is in hiding.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

This makes me wonder if Stephen is going to be in all of the episodes, or if he's going to be offscreen in hiding with Felicity for most of the season?

I think he'll be in all the episodes but his screen time will be reduced dramatically.  Ideally, this should increase Diggle's screen time, and maybe Roy if they bring him to the present, but will more likely boost Dinah and Rene.  They'll probably focus on the Mark of Four and have a more ensemble approach.  If Emiko is still around then we may also see her taking on more Green Arrow duties while Oliver splits his time between Star City and the family.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Twitter is mad at Emily. We don’t know who made the decision. It might be TPTB wanted to end with GA & BC working together and GA sacrifices himself in Crisis so Felicity is in hiding.

Shippers turning on her was expected. Sad but very much expected

There’s talk that EBR has an announcement coming Tuesday that will explain why she can’t be in S8 (a play or new series). The strange thing about this is that usually these announcements are timed to media releases. Like SA and the Supernatural boys made their social posts, and then minutes later outlets like TV Line and THR had official statements from the producers. But there’s nothing yet.

• Love 1

This is so weird. She couldn't or they wouldn't let her do another 10 episodes? Which is what 3/4 months of work? After 7 years?

I wonder whose decision it was. The only thing I could think is that maybe she's going to another show and the filming would have overlapped. It just doesn't make any sense right now. 

7 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Twitter is mad at Emily. 

That's unfortunate. I hope no one's @-ing her like assholes (that also goes for the people who are undoubtedly gleeful at this news).

I hope she comes back for an episode or two, although TPTB have definitely taken the story in a direction where she doesn't need to be there next season. I'm really curious to find out what exactly they're going to tell the team is the reason for her leaving town - it's still lulzy to me that it doesn't seem to be suspicious to Dinah or Rene. But then again, they are idiots...so.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

This is so weird. She couldn't or they wouldn't let her do another 10 episodes? Which is what 3/4 months of work? After 7 years?

I wonder whose decision it was. The only thing I could think is that maybe she's going to another show and the filming would have overlapped. It just doesn't make any sense right now. 

Maybe she already lined work up? Maybe WB wouldn't pay her contract f9r S10?

My biggest surprise is that they let her drop it on a weekend

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

Maybe with Stephen planning on leaving she decided to take on some other work - seems like she has an announcement coming about her Reborning play soon - maybe that's it. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe with Stephen planning on leaving she decided to take on some other work - seems like she has an announcement coming about her Reborning play soon - maybe that's it. 

if times comes to NY I'll go see it. I heard it was good

• Love 2

Maybe i'm being naive, but  when I read it I just assumed that this is the follow up to her tweet a while ago when she said that she was still looking for the words to describe the last seven years and now she's finally found them. So this could be her reacting to the news that the show is ending next season rather than her announcing she's leaving at the end of this one. Since she used some kind of poem format 7 might just sound better than 7.5?

I want her to be and think she should be in the final 10 episodes and definitely in the crossover. I don't see how whatever it is they're planning with Oliver could work without her there. I think i'll wait till a more definitive answer comes, I'm sure the press outlets are making phone calls and trying to get clarification as we speak

2 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

Maybe i'm being naive, but  when I read it I just assumed that this is the follow up to her tweet a while ago when she said that she was still looking for the words to describe the last seven years and now she's finally found them

She already did that. This is separate

I really hope she at least comes back for the series finale. Arrow won’t be the same without her. 😭

CH’s comment on her post confirms she’s leaving. 

16 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I hope she comes back for an episode or two, although TPTB have definitely taken the story in a direction where she doesn't need to be there next season. I'm really curious to find out what exactly they're going to tell the team is the reason for her leaving town - it's still lulzy to me that it doesn't seem to be suspicious to Dinah or Rene. But then again, they are idiots...so.

Yeah. I just don’t get how Oliver could be in it much considering he’ll then be missing out on Mia’s childhood and time with his wife before COIE to what? Fight for a city that’s going to turn on him? 

27 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I think he'll be in all the episodes but his screen time will be reduced dramatically.  

Yeah, it'll help to know the reason they give for leaving town and why exactly they do it. If it really is a no Queen is safe kind of thing I can't imagine him leaving Felicity in their little country house to come and go - because then it wouldn't be safe for him either, and that only increases the risk of someone finding them. 

I have to stop expecting this to make sense, LOL. 

• Love 1

I had a feeling she wasn’t gonna be in S8. Shame she couldn’t see out the last ten episodes but I guess when she wanted to go, she wanted to go! 

Edited by Angel12d
17 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

Maybe i'm being naive, but  when I read it I just assumed that this is the follow up to her tweet a while ago when she said that she was still looking for the words to describe the last seven years and now she's finally found them. So this could be her reacting to the news that the show is ending next season rather than her announcing she's leaving at the end of this one. 

I wondered that too but I think that SA’s comment on his repost of her IG story, along with CH’s comment on her post, make me think she’s done. Not that she couldn’t do a guest appearance in the finale, but I’m pretty sure these last 5 eps of this season are it for her. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, it'll help to know the reason they give for leaving town and why exactly they do it. If it really is a no Queen is safe kind of thing I can't imagine him leaving Felicity in their little country house to come and go - because then it wouldn't be safe for him either, and that only increases the risk of someone finding them. 

I have to stop expecting this to make sense, LOL. 

Yep. 

Unless COIE is early-ish in the season, then they FF to the future for the rest of the season? And they’ll act like Felicity is just off-screen? We’ll have a better idea after the season finale, I guess. 

Bold choice if Felicity isn't in Season Eight considering her popularity.

Maybe Season Eight will sink up with canon and Oliver will finally get with Laurel. Imagine the social media chaos 😛 .

It just annoys me that it’s likely that in-story, Oliver and Felicity are going to suffer while everyone else continues living their lives. The only way this makes sense if they continue in the present timeline is if Oliver and Felicity are living separately and maybe occasionally seeing each other. But obviously they stay married (since future Felicity has her wedding ring on). 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Maybe Season Eight will sink up with canon and Oliver will finally get with Laurel. Imagine the social media chaos 😛 .

I don't think that's going to happen but I think we will have to hear about on social media for the next few months of people either convinced it's happening or panicked that'll happen. Regardless, since it seems Katie left after 7x18 if GA/BC were to happen it would be with Dinah. 

The good news is that Emily leaving means I have no guilt if I stop watching the show. The bad news is that with how crappy the set up the season has had both in the future and the present I doubt she is leaving in good wrapped up way that honours her contribution to the show. Which is a big shame. 

• Love 5

Well, I am sad about Emily leaving, but it definitely sounds like it's her choice. She may have some other projects lined up, which is why she can't be a series regular for the last ten episodes. I do think she could easily make a cameo for the series finale, but I think they have set up her exit from the series. There HAVE been a lot of hints from what was going on behind the scenes (from Stephen initially leaving at the end of season seven to them testing out the possibility of a spinoff before deciding to go with a shortened final season to now Emily exiting the series with Mia). This way, they can keep their flash forwards as canon and also still have Stephen conclude the series in the final 10 episodes without Emily. 

I do think there's a chance she'll appear in the series finale for a scene, depending on how Oliver's story ends. But we did get her for seven seasons, which is great. And she announced her departure well before her swan song, so that's good. 

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I think he'll be in all the episodes but his screen time will be reduced dramatically.  Ideally, this should increase Diggle's screen time, and maybe Roy if they bring him to the present, but will more likely boost Dinah and Rene.  They'll probably focus on the Mark of Four and have a more ensemble approach.  If Emiko is still around then we may also see her taking on more Green Arrow duties while Oliver splits his time between Star City and the family.

LOL it would be this fucking show to have its final season to Have Felicity only show in up Series Finale Or not at all, Stephen to have even less time AND shove Rene and Dinah down our throats even more Why the fuck would anyone want MORE Rene and Dinah in the final season of this show? It's the final season we should get MORE OTA and LESS Rene and Dinah. Ugh now I'm getting mad. I want Arrow to go out like how I fell in love with the show 

• Love 1

I have no issue with Emily deciding to leave. She's a grown woman free to make her own choices. And if it means good things for her career then she should take the opportunity.

I do however have issue with the fact that the direction of the show and the writing this season is so driftless and crap that the writers have clearly not anticipated a way to have their biggest characters on the show leave on a satisfying set up or they are seriously naive to believe that having Felicity exit stage right to go into hiding while having Dinah and Rene take over the show is actually going to be well recieved. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

LOL it would be this fucking show to have its final season to Have Felicity only show in up Series Finale Or not at all, Stephen to have even less time AND shove Rene and Dinah down our throats even more Why the fuck would anyone want MORE Rene and Dinah in the final season of this show? It's the final season we should get MORE OTA and LESS Rene and Dinah. Ugh now I'm getting mad. I want Arrow to go out like how I fell in love with the show 

Wouldn't be the first time. Don't bother watching it but the final season of Highlander was so busy trying to setup a spinoff that Duncan was only in half of the episodes (maybe less). That being said it had in of the best series finales I can remember and, was totally worth watching. 

So for the Arrow fans still watching the last 10 episodes let's hope Arrow at least gets that.

Although, given how Arrow has been used in the past. I would not be the least big surprised to see Arrow (Character and Show) sacrificed for the Arrowverse.

There's also no shame in deciding on a finale different from the shows. Lord know I'm pretending The Originals ended with the superior S4 finale. 😁

• Love 1

Well I am genuinely shocked. I 100% thought she'd stick around until the very end. But this paired with KC most likely exiting this season as well makes s8 so less desirable. Dinah becoming the female lead even for 8/9 episodes feels so unearned compared to an OG and someone who practically is an OG.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 6
Just now, Mary0360 said:

I have no issue with Emily deciding to leave. She's a grown woman free to make her own choices. And if it means good things for her career then she should take the opportunity.

I do however have issue with the fact that the direction of the show and the writing this season is so driftless and crap that the writers have clearly not anticipated a way to have their biggest characters on the show leave on a satisfying set up or they are seriously naive to believe that having Felicity exit stage right to go into hiding while having Dinah and Rene take over the show is actually going to be well recieved. 

For real. Probably explains why they even got more screen time this season. Cause SA and EBR were/are both checking out mentally. Seriously I don't give a flying fuck about the last season of this show with even more Rene and Dinah! And now no Felicity? Nah they got me fucked up. 

• Love 2

I don't get why not just end at 7.Their male and female lead were out.Are those 10 eps they convinced Stephen to do for the crossover?like keep arrow going so they can do crisis.I'm definitely not watching,Dinah and Rene eat up enough time as it is.I'm guess it's only about to get worse.Unless it's like half the show is flashforwards.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

Well I am genuinely shocked. I 100% thought she'd stick around until the very end. But this paired with KC most likely exiting this season as well makes s8 so less desirable. Dinah becoming the female lead even for 8/9 episodes feels do unlearned compared to an OG and someone who practically is an OG.

You got that right. I'm seriously considering 722 being my last episode at this time. 

Also that thing about the canaries needing more scenes makes me wonder if all the Dinah pushing this year and maybe into next has given her a reason not to come back. 

10 minutes ago, bethy said:

Also that thing about the canaries needing more scenes makes me wonder if all the Dinah pushing this year and maybe into next has given her a reason not to come back. 

It has to be cause like I said No the Canaries do not need more scenes EBR! There has to be some serious BTS Shit going on 

10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Well I am genuinely shocked. I 100% thought she'd stick around until the very end. But this paired with KC most likely exiting this season as well makes s8 so less desirable. Dinah becoming the female lead even for 8/9 episodes feels do unlearned compared to an OG and someone who practically is an OG.

On this did anyone read Juliana's social media reactions? I don't know if I'm projecting but it came off more on the side of gleeful then sad and sorry. Like "I'm so happy you aren't going to be on the show anymore! ....For you I mean. Happy for you." Lol 😂 

Its like honey sweetie, Katie and Emily not being there isn't going to make you any less despised or ignored.

12 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

I don't get why not just end at 7.Their male and female lead were out.Are those 10 eps they convinced Stephen to do for the crossover?like keep arrow going so they can do crisis.I'm definitely not watching,Dinah and Rene eat up enough time as it is.I'm guess it's only about to get worse.Unless it's like half the show is flashforwards.

I absolutely think they forced or pushed Stephens hand to do the ten episodes in order to have their Crisis crossover. They can do the crossover without Emily but they can't without Stephen. 

Now it's a question of how much is Stephen even in next season or is it really going to be the Dinah and Rene show?

• Love 1

If Katie Cassidy does leave in 7.18, then the writers have really gotten rid of quite a few of the main characters this season. Curtis, Diaz, Laurel and Felicity, whilst gaining Emiko (who is played by a very average actress) and Roy came back. Surely the writers will want to boost the main cast a bit more? Wouldn't surprise me if Kat McNamara and Ben Lewis became part of the main cast. Although the best option (for me at least) would be if Lyla and Nyssa came back permanently for the final 10 episodes, as they have both played important parts in Arrow, especially Lyla.

Edited by Quark
20 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Sadly, I think they have anticipated it and that's why the pregnancy got written in - to accommodate her and Stephen leaving in the present. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, bethy said:

I truly don't think she cares about any of that. She always seemed to be very supportive of everyone - I think she just found something else that she wanted to do.

• Love 16

I went to lunch, and when I got back, I couldn't fathom while my Twitter TL had completely blown up. I'm so sad that Emily's leaving, but I'm excited for whatever she does next. I'm definitely not watching a Felicity/Olicity-less S8, but if she comes back for an episode or two to wrap things up –– as I suspect she will –– so will I.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I truly don't think she cares about any of that. She always seemed to be very supportive of everyone - I think she just found something else that she wanted to do.

One of the things that has always amused me is how hard others have tried to position themselves as leads or stars on the show, while EBR never seemed to care one way or the other, and became one of its biggest draws. 

The fact that she announced her departure on her own terms (and seems to have caught the CW and others off guard given the number of media outlets saying they can't get a comment from them) makes me like her even more.  Congrats to her - she is young and talented and should explore the world beyond the CW.  I would imagine at her age, and given her personality, that NYC would be a big draw.   Hope she succeeds and that I can see her in something else soon.  

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

The fact that she announced her departure on her own terms (and seems to have caught the CW and others off guard given the number of media outlets saying they can't get a comment from them) makes me like her even more.   

They probably can't get a comment from the CW due to the weekend drop. 

13 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

she is young and talented and should explore the world beyond the CW.  I would imagine at her age, and given her personality, that NYC would be a big draw

Sadly not so young by Hollywood standards. She's under 30 which is good but, needs to make a name now or it's going to get harder and harder and isn't that the shittiest thing ever?! Oh and actress over 30...too old to play leading lady to 50 year old man LOL

• Love 1