Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I'm glad Kat addresses the issue of the kids being second fiddle to their parents calling. I cut adult William a lot of slack for that reason. Must sting to know that despite being their child, you're not really enough.

Not that I blame Olicity as it is part and parcel of who they are (although S4 showed Oliver could have taken the other road) and obviously for PLOT and show reasons saving the world HAS to be the bigger calling.

29 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Do you guys think this has to do with Elseworlds and that maybe Mia is from and she is talking about Elseworlds Oliver v  OUR Oliver being her father?

I might think something was up if they had revealed Mia is Oliver and Felicity's daughter without revealing that Felicity is pregnant in the current timeline, but I don't know if they'd complicate things like that at this point. There really isn't any point to showing us any future other than the one Star City is currently destined to have, and if they change it because of COIE, then that won't happen until next fall (if it happens at all). 

3 hours ago, Kymmi said:

If SS moved to LA, what does that mean for Emiko for the rest of this season?  They wouldn't just drop that storyline, right?  Maybe she had a few weeks off and chose to move then?  It's confusing.

It's a 2hr flight from LA to Vancouver so there is no reason for her to be live in Vancouver if she isnt filming full time.

Good lord more Dinah! Why universe why!!!!????

Why don't I ever get a title like "Overwatch"?

In the words of the Backstreet Boys:

Tell me whyyyyyyyyy 

Ain't Nothing but a heartache

Tell me why

Ain't nothing but a mistake (which Dinah totally is)

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

So the BOP episode is not written by Tonya. That’s a surprise. 

Yeah, it makes me wonder how much Laurel will be in it, since Tonya's been given all the Laurel-heavy stuff this season. Too bad Dinah doesn't stay lost. 😫

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

If there are FF, maybe this is the episode that reveals Future Dinah is really the evil one not Felicity? 😁

I wish. Too bad the entire Canary Network can’t be evil. 

Regarding the 718 title ... if this is the BoP episode, I’m going to laugh if it turns out to be led by/focused on Dinah, not Laurel, after that TVLine headline baited fans into thinking it was all about Laurel. Just because of some fans’ reaction to the headline. I honestly don’t care one way or the other. 

• Love 1

There are so many canaries, I really wouldn't know which one they'd be referring to as the "lost" one, honestly. There's Sara, Dinah, technically Laurel's BS, future Zoe? Who is it??! Lmao! That character sucks in every iteration, though, so at least that's consistent.

It would be funny if Laurel completes her redemption and dies in 7x18 making her the "lost" canary, though. BS is not anywhere in the ff so she's probably dead.

I think the episode will be about Dinah getting her groove back after the slash in the present (Hince the title) and we will learn more about the Canary Network in the future (all the Canary action figures).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

If there are FF, maybe this is the episode that reveals Future Dinah is really the evil one not Felicity? 😁

I hope so! But really after the last episode it's like the writers are literally saying YOU WILL LIKE DINAH WE DEMAND IT!!

Quick IMDb check, Jill B. doesn't appears to have any writing credits and Elisa D. hasn't written for Arrow before. Unless I missed it? I wonder if this will just be a filler?

6 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

There are so many canaries, I really wouldn't know which one they'd be referring to as the "lost" one, honestly. There's Sara, Dinah, technically Laurel's BS, future Zoe? Who is it??! Lmao! That character sucks in every iteration, though, so at least that's consistent

There's usually multiple meanings to the titles. I can see Zoe being "lost" (missing) in the Flash Forwards and, Dinah being "lost" (emotionally, identity wise) in 2019.

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I think the episode will be about Dinah getting her groove back after the slash in the present (Hince the title) and we will learn more about the Canary Network in the future (all the Canary action figures).

*sigh* Who the f cares about Dinah's groove? SERIOUSLY NO ONE!!!

I can even understand an episode dedicated to KC. I may not like it but I get it. She has fans. 

Dinah???????????

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

(Hince the title) and we will learn more about the Canary Network in the future (all the Canary action figures).

Every time I see this I imagine a 24-hour news channel dedicated to reporting about the goings-on for all 150+ Canaries in the tri-state area.

I think the episode will be about Dinah getting her groove back

She just got a new groove...in her neck. ::rimshot::

Edited by apinknightmare
  • LOL 14

I still dont understand how the writers can possibly think " you know who needs more screen time? DINAH DRAKE!! ? What's that? You want more Felicity the female lead? Well TOUGH SHIT we LOVE Dinah Drake and you can just deal with it! We cant get enough of her and NTA. They make the show not that Trio or the Supercouple that's responsible for the show being on this long 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 4

Only kinda thrill I would get from a Dinah Episode is shes evil in the Future and then I can get my dream of Mia Smoak The Olicitot that was Promised kicking the shit out of her 

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is it contracts? Is the actress agreeing to work more? At this point I cannot think if any rational reason why she would get her own episode! 

I'm telling ya the focus on her and Rene has to be cause Stephen Emily and David wanted less demanding schedules or cause shes a kissass to Guggietroll. I keep saying this is the only show I watch which doubles down on unlikeable characters 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

If this is another Dinah centric episode...which it probably will be. Dinah will probably be questioning her status as a superhero without her Canary Cry.

Which is probably going to be an ongoing thing from 714-718, unless she misses and episode or two.

They had already set something up with the Dinah/Rene talk in 713.

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Quick IMDb check, Jill B. doesn't appears to have any writing credits and Elisa D. hasn't written for Arrow before. Unless I missed it? I wonder if this will just be a filler?

Jill co-wrote 702, 707, and 713, semi important episodes, so I think it's kind of a toss up tbh

5 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Only kinda thrill I would get from a Dinah Episode is shes evil in the Future and then I can get my dream of Mia Smoak The Olicitot that was Promised kicking the shit out of her 

I'm telling ya the focus on her and Rene has to be cause Stephen Emily and David wanted less demanding schedules or cause shes a kissass to Guggietroll. I keep saying this is the only show I watch which doubles down on unlikeable characters 

Is this normal? 

I still remember SMG and AH being fairly prominent on Buffy. On my other shows the leads are still in it heaps and they are up to their later seasons.

5 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Jill co-wrote 702, 707, and 713, semi important episodes, so I think it's kind of a toss up tbh

Thanks. She doesn't have anything listed on IMDb, unless I spelled her name wrong

Edited by Morrigan2575
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is this normal? 

I still remember SMG and AH being fairly prominent on Buffy. On my other shows the leads are still in it heaps and they are up to their later seasons.

It's probably a combo of scheduling, JH likely being the lowest paid regularly cast member and the one with the least leverage to make demands - so they use her as the exposition person in the future because no one will care enough for it to be worthwhile to make a mystery of her whereabouts, and she's around so much in the present because they (stupidly IMO) decided to make Oliver a cop.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is this normal? 

I think it has more to do with the actors then anything. The Buffy cast didnt ask for less work whereas like with Charmed, they brought in Billie in S8 to give the leads more time off.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I wonder if we're going to get a little break from Dinah in the present while she recovers from her slashing/surgery like we did for Rene, or if that's too much to hope for. 

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe in 714. My guess is she’ll be back in 715 if she’s not in 714 (present) at all. 

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe in 714. My guess is she’ll be back in 715 if she’s not in 714 (present) at all. 

Man I need like a 3 or 4 episode break from her. I'm getting so tired of her and Rene spending more time in scenes with Oliver than Diggle and Felicity do 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is it contracts? Is the actress agreeing to work more? At this point I cannot think if any rational reason why she would get her own episode! 

I wonder how much the upcoming Birds of Prey movie with a Black Canary in it has to do with her increased presence.  Obviously that's going to be a very different BC but just like the Suicide Squad episode was a very different thing, it makes me think any extra exposure is views as good for the character and upcoming franchise.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I wonder how much the upcoming Birds of Prey movie with a Black Canary in it has to do with her increased presence.  Obviously that's going to be a very different BC but just like the Suicide Squad episode was a very different thing, it makes me think any extra exposure is views as good for the character and upcoming franchise.  

My thought was exactly the opposite. They pushing all this BC content before the BOP movie because after this season they might get restrictions.

• Love 1

I actually think it's possibly both and was in Suicide Squad's case too. DC/WB has them push the property to sort of promote the movie but once the movie actually materializes they pull permission to use the characters/name. I doubt they'll actually lose the characters this time around though. Although I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken if I'm wrong.

• Love 3

The canaries in the pictures are 2 Saras and Comic Dinah.  Do we think that matters to the actual story?  Is Sara the Lost Canary?  Or was it just a matter of those are the toys they had and the writers don't really care about who is behind the mask (they're all interchangeable)?

4 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

My thought was exactly the opposite. They pushing all this BC content before the BOP movie because after this season they might get restrictions.

Don't get my hopes up.

27 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

The canaries in the pictures are 2 Saras and Comic Dinah.  Do we think that matters to the actual story?  Is Sara the Lost Canary?  Or was it just a matter of those are the toys they had and the writers don't really care about who is behind the mask (they're all interchangeable)?

I'm sure its the latter that they are all interchangeable.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Elisa Delson is a new Arrow writer. Her previous writing credits include Everwood and One Tree Hill, so that's promising...
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2355748/

Also, she is apparently married to Brad Delson of Linkin Park.

I could not find a twitter or instagram account for her. 

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

To go from Everwood to OTH....I guess it does make her suitable for Arrow with their cheap drama. 

Its a job under the production of Berlanti and he has the tendency to push the talent working under him. He is a content creator. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think those are the toys they had available — and for the writers the characters are interchangeable. All they want is the BC name. Didn't Laurel have an action figure with her bondage look? I swear we had a convo here about how that merchandise was getting pulled even before her death.

• Love 1

https://tvline.com/2019/02/20/matts-inside-line-get-scoop-on-arrow-the-gifted-this-is-us-roswell-greys-lucifer-suits-nola-rookie-and-more/

What more can we expect from Arrow’s Diggle, outside of ARGUS? –Jenny
You can expect to meet this spring the decorated Army general who served as Dig’s mentor back in the day. Though the gents are now estranged, they meet up again under unexpected circumstances. Speaking of Diggle….

Anything on Arrow’s Connor Hawke? I was not expecting to see him again. –V.
Katherine McNamara told me that over the next couple of episodes (Season 7 resumes March 4), we will learn more about not just Future Mia, but Diggle’s grown son as well — including “where they’re coming from, and where they’re headed.”

29 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I think those are the toys they had available — and for the writers the characters are interchangeable. All they want is the BC name. Didn't Laurel have an action figure with her bondage look? I swear we had a convo here about how that merchandise was getting pulled even before her death.

Dont they have the Laurel black canary toy?

3 hours ago, bijoux said:

Maybe I shouldn't, but I'm expecting a repeat of Dig's old army buddy/commander being the villain of the week in season 1 (I think). 

In TV land, old army buddies only make an appearance if they are officers who never should have been trusted by the hero (because war is bad, people, and the military is the Man) or fellow soldiers who have fallen in with nefarious parties - pre-army gang-member friends or old commanders (see above) - who need to be rescued or shot/blown up only to die in the arms of the hero. 

Edited by bethy
  • LOL 1