Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I love that both sneak peeks are so Felicity-centric (even though I'm not expecting this to be a Felicity-heavy episode at all), but that second one has me bracing for another episode where EBR once again initiates all the physical contact and that really bums me out.

• Love 5

The 712 "Documentarian" is played by Canadian actress Jessica Heafey...

AR712A_0073b.jpg  AR712A_0076b.jpg AR712A_0117b.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0372207/
https://twitter.com/jessicaheafey
http://www.jessicaheafey.com/

Jessica is a Canadian born, theatrically trained actress who works in film, TV, voice and theatre in both English and French
She was seen in the season opener of ABC's The Good Doctor and will be on the 150th episode on the CW’s Arrow.

Edited by tv echo

Yeah, Rene is actually the one missing from those pics. Or maybe Thea's pit symptoms are acting up again. Or maybr, they just take the film crew there. Monday is Big Belly Burger night. Tuesday is Yahtzee. Wednesday is emergency trip to the hospital. 

• Love 2

Having watched the Felicity and Laurel sneak peek something I picked up was Felicity asking Laurel if that was the guy "at the bar". Are they drinking buddies now? The way these writers write forced friendships makes me wonder if they are missing genuine friendships, or genuine human interaction, to draw inspiration from in their real life. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Having watched the Felicity and Laurel sneak peek something I picked up was Felicity asking Laurel if that was the guy "at the bar". Are they drinking buddies now? The way these writers write forced friendships makes me wonder if they are missing genuine friendships, or genuine human interaction, to draw inspiration from in their real life. 

I noticed that too. The logic fail. This is Felicity. She doesn't forgive psychos i.e. Malcolm, Slade, Moira (I don't consider her a psycho but she did try and burn down the Glades).

They started rewriting BS about half way thru S6. Introduction to then, she was a gleefully smirking serial killing psycho.  After that, she became a poor lost misunderstood daddy's girl. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I noticed that too. The logic fail. This is Felicity. She doesn't forgive psychos i.e. Malcolm, Slade, Moira (I don't consider her a psycho but she did try and burn down the Glades).

They started rewriting BS about half way thru S6. Introduction to then, she was a gleefully smirking serial killing psycho.  After that, she became a poor lost misunderstood daddy's girl. 

Part of the problem - for me, at least - is that they never address anything specifically apart from her killing Vince. Her gleeful killing that we saw - even though the team is probably ignorant of most if it, the fact that she had a hand in Oliver's son losing his mother, that she had a hand in Oliver getting impeached, that she tried to kill pretty much all of them at some point gets swept under the rug because she says she wants to be a better person. I do believe that Felicity is more apt to forgive Laurel because she's made gestures of good faith in terms of helping get Oliver out of prison, but their budding friendship would be more believable if these wrongs were directly addressed. And it would make for a more meaningful ~redemption arc for this Laurel, who for the most part hasn't had to face a single repercussion from anything she's done apart from Dinah being mad at her for a little while. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

And then when Oliver actually brought up what a horrible person she was, they gave her a 'moment' implying Oliver was in the wrong. 

Yeah, her indignant speech about how everyone has good and bad inside of them as if she cheated on her taxes instead of murdering however many people, LOL. 

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Laurel is also the first villain to actually stay around for Felicity to actually get to know and be desperate enough to have to need help from. Everyone else have shown up here and there. 

But yeah the first half of S6 the writers just had her be a plain henchwoman that thankfully they changed come the 2nd half of S6 but that was just another part of S6 where they didnt take the time to think it out and just came up with it as they went along.

I don't care if BS rescues kittens in her spare time. She has still suffered zero consequences for her multiple gleeful murder sprees. If this show was good and actually did character work, IDK, maybe I could come around on her, though with my dislike for KC, it's not likely and I acknowledge that. But until that work is done to actually redeem her, this greyness isn't working for me. She was all ready to straight up murder a judge not that long ago. 

tenor.gif?itemid=12564846

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 12
40 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I don't care if BS rescues kittens in her spare time. She has still suffered zero consequences for her multiple gleeful murder sprees. If this show was good and actually did character work, IDK, maybe I could come around on her, though with my dislike for KC, it's not likely and I acknowledge that. But until that work is done to actually redeem her, this greyness isn't working for me. She was all ready to straight up murder a judge not that long ago. 

tenor.gif?itemid=12564846

Cmon now why would they do that when they can have Olicity and Willam suffer instead😡

• Love 2

Sea Shimooka is currently relaxing on a beach in Hawaii and then she's moving to L.A. next week - sounds like she's done with Arrow, doesn't it? ...

Edited by tv echo

It does. I'm hoping if she is it's because Emiko completes her mission and leaves town and not because she dies. I don't even care about Emiko per se, I just don't want to see Oliver lose another family member (or the guilt spiral if she dies while emulating him/because someone is out to hurt him.) Either way, it would make Emiko seem kind of pointless.

• Love 3

Why is SA wearing only dark clothing?  Dark grays and black; no blues or light colors which look good on him? Are they trying to make him look depressed, sad, or worried  because I think it’s having an effect on his acting. 

• Love 1

From print issue of new TV Guide, February 4-17, 2019 (Double Issue, with Elvis cover) - included in TV Highlights for Mon., Feb. 4 (on page 26)...

Step aside, Making a Murderer. Arrow is celebrating 150 episodes with a cheeky, inventive hour that looks at the making of a hero! Team Arrow takes part in a documentary called The Hood and the Rise of Vigilantism (narrated by Kelsey Grammer, no less), which allows Oliver (Stephen Amell, above) and his crew to reflect on their history of saving Star City - and makes room for "a lot of exciting guest stars," says exec producer Beth Schwartz. The script, cowritten by exec producer Marc Guggenheim, is "a love letter to the fans," she adds. "It's very personal." - Damian Holbrook

TVGuide020419.thumb.JPG.7cb61e8e573bed720a3ff94d8eb39c46.JPG

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

If it's a love letter like the 100th, I'll prepare to be disappointed. If it's a love letter like Supernatural's musical, I'll be thrilled. 

Also these are professional writers. Find new words.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm wary of any episode anyone from this show describes as a "love letter to the fans" AND I'm excited to see returning cast members and the Queen family plot. I can walk and chew gum at the same time!

A feat never before tried in the thread!

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c420b9e6677346a49

2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

If it's a love letter like the 100th, I'll prepare to be disappointed. If it's a love letter like Supernatural's musical, I'll be thrilled. 

The show doesn't have to contend with alien-induced hallucinations in this episode so maybe they'll write a love letter to the show they've actually produced for 150 episodes instead of the one they switched course from. I'm hopeful!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 13

Haha I'm just wary of this show in general after the last few weeks. It's becoming a habit and a case of morbid curiosity for me. 

I will be pleasantly surprised if it does not give me the sh@ts. 

I've seen a few people hope for pregnancy news on Twitter. Brave souls 😱

30 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Haha I'm just wary of this show in general after the last few weeks. It's becoming a habit and a case of morbid curiosity for me. 

I will be pleasantly surprised if it does not give me the sh@ts. 

I've seen a few people hope for pregnancy news on Twitter. Brave souls 😱

Probably cause we just might be getting Blackstar/Maya is Olicitot reveal in 714 or 716 so they are gonna get the Pregnancy news soon