Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

If 711 does feature Hackett's son, then his appearance could still bring back the past for both Oliver and E2 Laurel.

Oliver has to deal with the fact that his father murdered his bodyguard in cold blood and to prevent Hackett's son from doing whatever he plans to do. 

As for E2 Laurel, iirc, on her Earth, The Queen's Gambit still sunk but Oliver died and Robert lived, and then Robert became the Green Arrow? So maybe there was an E2 Hackett who was murdered, in which case, the appearance of Hackett's son could bring back painful memories to E2 Laurel of losing her Oliver?

I'm just speculating.

Edited by tv echo
29 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I got the impression that episode 11 is a bigger Siren/Diaz episode.

I wonder if whatever is coming back for Oliver is more the C-plot that sets the stage for the big 150th. 

Oh God I do not need a Big Siren/Diaz episode. The fact this show digs in so much on the non popular stuff is astounding. Seriously they give so much screen time to characters that have only been around 2 or 3 seasons that a viewer that hasn't really payed attention to Arrow would be lost in some episodes 

• Love 3

I hope that Oliver/Laurels storylines are connected and that Siren has to deal with repercussions from being Laurel. They gloss over Laurel being the Black Canary in the past and that should put a nice target on her from plenty of criminals who arent aware that this Laurel is actually a doppelganger. 

So even though the mad doctor didn't live long to chit chat about stuff I'm guessing his notes get out there somehow.  Which would be an incredible invasion of privacy all over again.  Lol, maybe they can even say that Talia sold off info she got off of him.  

I always love doing different hair colors. I'd never do it on my own, but when a job makes me change my hair, I always find it really exciting, 

Nice to have that confirmed.  I half wondered if she just felt like going blond and it was all a coincidence for Arrow and Olicity. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Oh God I do not need a Big Siren/Diaz episode. The fact this show digs in so much on the non popular stuff is astounding. Seriously they give so much screen time to characters that have only been around 2 or 3 seasons that a viewer that hasn't really payed attention to Arrow would be lost in some episodes 

These characters have been around long enough now that if a viewer is lost then they really arent even paying attention to the show at all.

I hope that whatever catches up with Laurel is significant. She's gotten by so easily thus far - she's successfully pretended to be a DA with absolutely no issues, she's managed to successfully assume E-1 Laurel's identity with absolutely no issues, even taking her old job working with at least one or two people who would surely know her since she'd had that job before and seemingly no one has any clue that she doesn't remember anything at all about whatever history they had together.

If it's Diaz-related it's...whatever, but she should have more coming to her than whatever he'd be after her for. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I hope that whatever catches up with Laurel is significant. She's gotten by so easily thus far - she's successfully pretended to be a DA with absolutely no issues, she's managed to successfully assume E-1 Laurel's identity with absolutely no issues, even taking her old job working with at least one or two people who would surely know her since she'd had that job before and seemingly no one has any clue that she doesn't remember anything at all about whatever history they had together.

If it's Diaz-related it's...whatever, but she should have more coming to her than whatever he'd be after her for. 

I hope her first instinct is to kill someone lol.  Whether she does or not I'm not invested in.  :D  I just like character consistency.  

• Love 2

The fact that the press release separated the plots like that (1, past comes to haunt Oliver and BS; 2, Curtis finds out about Diaz) makes me think whatever is going on for BS doesn't involve Diaz. And then since Oliver's is probably this guy who's father was killed by Robert then just hints that either BS is involved with this somehow or that it's something else entirely, making her actually being confronted on pretending to be Laurel I think a good guess.

24 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Nice to have that confirmed.  I half wondered if she just felt like going blond and it was all a coincidence for Arrow and Olicity. 

58361006.jpg 

Also Stephen didnt film much for the first days of Davids episode if at all. Since he was in Toronto on the day they started filming. And was in LA still on Monday..

Also on the 15th reporters were in Vancouver. But only talked with RG, JH and SA. 

Edited by Velocity23

I still don’t know how Oliver and Laurel’s past could be connected enough to haunt them? I don’t really remember anything E1 Laurel has done that would affect BS now, and certainly not something also linked to Oliver. The only thing connected with Oliver and BS is Diaz but he sounds like an entirely separate plot with ARGUS. 

It would be great if BS does finally come across some consequences for pretending to be Laurel all this time though because it just hasn’t been realistic. She’s had it way too easy. 

10 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I still don’t know how Oliver and Laurel’s past could be connected enough to haunt them? I don’t really remember anything E1 Laurel has done that would affect BS now, and certainly not something also linked to Oliver. The only thing connected with Oliver and BS is Diaz but he sounds like an entirely separate plot with ARGUS. 

It would be great if BS does finally come across some consequences for pretending to be Laurel all this time though because it just hasn’t been realistic. She’s had it way too easy. 

Or its what Chico wants you to think. I get the Diggle and lyla being a seperate story. But the rest of the cast probably filmed for the same SL. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Or its what Chico wants you to think

Yeah, until we know more, I’m assuming Oliver and Laurel’s storylines are only connected in that they’re both dealing with stuff from the past. I’m not even assuming they’ll be in a (significant) scene together. It’s probably Chico trying to be as concise and spoiler-free as possible. 

Oliver’s story right now is probably going to be family-related in some way for the next few episodes (Emiko, his father’s actions, etc) while he’s not starring part-time in CSI: GA. 

Laurel’s probably going to continue to be linked to Dinah, especially since Dinah seems (way too) invested in Laurel this season for how much she hated her last year. 

Consistency is key, you know? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

So even though the mad doctor didn't live long to chit chat about stuff I'm guessing his notes get out there somehow.  Which would be an incredible invasion of privacy all over again.  Lol, maybe they can even say that Talia sold off info she got off of him.  

I will say for me, Blackstar/Maya is my fav new character so far and If she is Olicity Daughter then Writers are doing good so far having me like their daughter. Hopefully she's the big hero in the FF by the end of the season 

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

These characters have been around long enough now that if a viewer is lost then they really arent even paying attention to the show at all.

Agreed In terms of OTA. But maybe i have to clarify a little more. If say A viewer tuned out after season 4 then tuned in to an episode earlier this season to see a lot of Dinah Rene New GA they would be checking to make sure they were watching Arrow "who the hell are these people where's Oliver Dig and Felicity? 😄

• Love 1
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Oliver and Felicity are the only ones that get Punished. Writers Pets NTA/Siren/Diaz dont get that.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Diaz gets his ass kicked in every episode, he is getting punished.

Every episode I dont think so. And he wont be punished until his death. I want that smug condescending superior smile wiped off of Dinahs face, And Rene and Curtis being friends with Olicity isnt deserved either And Diggle shouldn't be friends with them either and oh yeah BS shouldn't have been Felicitys only Option earlier this season. 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Chaser said:

I got the impression that episode 11 is a bigger Siren/Diaz episode.

At HVFF-San Jose in early December, DR said that KC "has a really good episode" and did "great work" in 711. Also, a fan tweeted that DR said Diaz was going to be a big part of 711. Also, KA teased that he would be killing one of our fave characters "very soon." We also know that AMA is in 711, but CH is not in 711.

Edited by tv echo

By episode 15 he would complete the 13 episodes that apparently he told he signed on for. Like maybe he didnt film his last scenes in the episode yet but then it only started to film. 

Lets not forget that he also said he is filming a favorite soon when they were filming episode 11 and i dont think thats happening also.

Edited by Velocity23
48 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

By episode 15 he would complete the 13 episodes that apparently he told he signed on for. Like maybe he didnt film his last scenes in the episode yet but then it only started to film. 

Lets not forget that he also said he is filming a favorite soon when they were filming episode 11 and i dont think thats happening also.

That's true, so far the only suspect left is still alive (by 715). 

Did he say he only signed for 13 episodes at a con or is that spec?

6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That's true, so far the only suspect left is still alive (by 715). 

Did he say he only signed for 13 episodes at a con or is that spec?

I dont know that info came apparently from SpoilerTv. So he must have told somebody during the last con he did. 

Combined with the fact that SA in one of his facebook lives basically hinted that Diaz is not the big bad.

Edited by Velocity23
16 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I dont know that info came apparently from SpoilerTv. So he must have told somebody during the last con he did. 

Combined with the fact that SA in one of his facebook lives basically hinted that Diaz is not the big bad.

Thanks. I haven't been to SpoilerTV in awhile, those freaking ads clogging up everything got annoying

12 hours ago, tv echo said:

At HVFF-San Jose in early December, DR said that KC "has a really good episode" and did "great work" in 711. Also, a fan tweeted that DR said Diaz was going to be a big part of 711. Also, KA teased that he would be killing one of our fave characters "very soon." We also know that AMA is in 711, but CH is not in 711.

When it comes to killing a fav, do we now think it's going to be China White or Cupid?  The first seems underwhelming since she's not done anything memorable in ages and the second seems a shame since she's a fun character.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

When it comes to killing a fav, do we now think it's going to be China White or Cupid?  The first seems underwhelming since she's not done anything memorable in ages and the second seems a shame since she's a fun character.  

If he does count on it being the fun one. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'll be pissed if they have Diaz kill either of those two. I like them as one of the few reoccurring villains.

Not to mention that they dont need to kill off anymore females.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

When it comes to killing a fav, do we now think it's going to be China White or Cupid? 

Tbh I think he was "teasing" and was just referring to the end of 705 when he was about to kill Anatoly. They were filming 711 IIRC when he made that tweet, unless he knew that he was killing someone in 714 (which would make the comment "I'm killing a fav soon" not really jive with any real context of "soon"), where China White and Cupid are still alive in.

Edited by way2interested
21 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Tbh I think he was "teasing" and was just referring to the end of 705 when he was about to kill Anatoly. They were filming 711 IIRC when he made that tweet, unless he knew that he was killing someone in 714 (which would make the comment "I'm killing a fav soon" not really jive with any real context of "soon"), where China White and Cupid are still alive in.

I'm hoping (and odds are in it's favor) that he was just being a dick. However, I'm reminded that he did tell people at Cons he would be a S7 regular and, that happened 😒

So, it's possible he will kill Fan Favorite and, the market just expanded. Although, I don't really know if Cupid or China White are fan favorites but, ultimately it comes down to KA's interpretation.

I'll be honest I don't care about Cupid or China White and, will sacrifice either if it comes down to them or Lyla (I know DR said they're fine but, I still worry). Same with Anatoly, I'll be pissed if Diaz kills Anatoly.

• Love 3

If it's Lyla or China White or Cupid it would have to be in 714 (because they are all in that episode) but he tweeted that when they just started filming 711, is it normal to get scripts that far ahead that he specifically knows he'd kill one of them in 714? And then that completely blows up any definition of "soon" (regardless of whatever definition of favorite he even means) if he meant about 3 months until airing or about 3+ weeks until shooting it. So that's why I figure it comes down to someone he kills in 711/712 (meaning he was filming it soon) or he meant Anatoly in 706 because he tweeted that after 705 which ended when Diaz was about to kill Anatoly. 

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Why can't it be Curtis? Really, the show doesn't need Curtis and it would be more meaningful than a recurring character.

Cause Writers are too busy pushing the unpopular characters and making sure Olicity suffer. 

Sadly I don't think Curtis is going anywhere any time soon. Aside from the fact that I think the writers just like the character and actor "he's just like Felicity, only a guy and a mask, win win!" He's their gay, black, comics canon superhero. He ticks too many boxes. The fact that he's not in the FFs gives me hope but I 100% expect that to be dashed. Maybe he's the actual villain because he got left out of the cool kids one too many times? Sadly he was probably working with Not!Evil!Felicity and is vowing to carry on after her "death". 

As for Diaz, I assume he probably kills someone though his interpretation of beloved character might be a bit vague. Guy has got to give them something I guess. 

Edited by Featherhat
6 hours ago, way2interested said:

If it's Lyla or China White or Cupid it would have to be in 714 (because they are all in that episode) but he tweeted that when they just started filming 711, is it normal to get scripts that far ahead that he specifically knows he'd kill one of them in 714? And then that completely blows up any definition of "soon" (regardless of whatever definition of favorite he even means) if he meant about 3 months until airing or about 3+ weeks until shooting it. So that's why I figure it comes down to someone he kills in 711/712 (meaning he was filming it soon) or he meant Anatoly in 706 because he tweeted that after 705 which ended when Diaz was about to kill Anatoly. 

Soon could easily be 714 filming, IMO and yes they could have told him or he could just be blowing smoke or hey, maybe he kills Curtis in 711 and everyone rejoices 🤣

I just don't think you can easily dismiss his tweet as BS because he has revealed spoilers in the past (how S6 ended, killing Lance, getting series regular contract for S7).

Maybe he is full of shit or was just being an ass. Or maybe the fan favorite is someone that no one cares about, like Curtis' boyfriend.  I guess we'll see eventually.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

It would be such a weird comeback then XD. "Wait about 3 months and see me kill off a favorite character, that'll get back at you for wanting me gone!"

Curtis and his bf are in 712, but maybe he kills Curtis in 714 or something, and that's why they gave Curtis the "thinking of not going back to field work" once off plot in 7a and the "not supporting the working with villains" idea to be the casualty later in all of this.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1

I think it's odd that the Ghost Initiative team (China White, Diaz, Kane Wolfman and Cupid) is going to be in 711 and then a few episodes later in 714.

FWIW, per IMDb, actress Parmiss Sehat is guest starring as a character named "Princess Noor" in 714.

Edited by tv echo

It would be such a weird comeback then XD. "Wait about 3 months and see me kill off a favorite character, that'll get back at you for wanting me gone!

Well having to be stuck with him still all the way until 7-14 and then have him kill a favorite does feel like revenge even if it's not a snappy comeback.  

It'll be interesting to see who (and if) he does kill because my definition of fan favorite on this show has withered away over the years. After suffering through all the deaths of great characters (talking about you Moira,) unless it's one of OTA, it'll probably get a 'meh' from me. I'd miss Lyla tremendously, but she's on so sporadically I doubt I'd be too broken up about it.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Also, I wish we'd get a sizzle reel. I need one after this long hiatus. 

Agreed! This has been the quietest hiatus in a long time, and it's kind of killing my excitement for the show. I don't know if it's just the people I'm following, but the buzz for its return is pretty non-existent right now.  I'm actually pretty confident that they have a plan for the season (the first third was pretty tightly plotted around the prison) but the fact that we have basically no idea what type of storylines we'll getting for the main characters (beyond vagueness like "Oliver works for the SCPD" and "future stuff!") is a bummer.

• Love 4