Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E05: Breaking Brad

• Start Topic

A furious CT lays into Veronica, putting their partnership in jeopardy; an unsettled Brad grows anxious after Paulie's accusation about Britni and Chuck; a terrifying challenge with dire consequence leaves a lot at stake.

Airs August 7, 2018.

*sigh* I really, really, really, really, REALLY need CT not to relapse to becoming a dick. I've defended the guy for a long time. I thought that his change wasn't merely for the cameras. But now he's at Redemption House, he's slipping . . . because of Veronica.

Please don't think I'm all "blame the victim." If you've seen Veronica's "career," you'll understand why I dislike her. She has the most Challenge wins of any woman, but that could have been considered prehistory*. And she basically gave a Beth-level performance. It's not like she HAS to contribute to the exercise montage, but I feel she needed to step up. Right now, I'm hoping they sleep it off, have a civilized conversation, hug it out, avoid Paulie at all costs, and win the next Redemption mission. I will say this: out of the veterans that have recently returned, I can say that she's not Shane. Better to make no impact than a negative, bitchy one.

Looking at the mission, you can see why CT would be pissed, as he and Verantula fell behind the likes of Jozea and Other Derrick. Because Jozea is a scrub and from Big Brother, I had zero problem with CT trying to psych him out.

Big fat "whatever" to most of the episode in general. No matter what happens, we have chaos. Watching "live" on Facebook, I noted that the show is basically like the Chappelle's Show sketch of Making the Band (not the O-Town one), to the point where I expect TJ to send the players off to get fresh breast milk off a woman. The missions just don't matter anymore. The monkeys were cute as they looked on, and I imagined them jacking it accordingly. Johnny interviews about trying to convince Tony that they're on equal terms; meanwhile, I notice you can't see his right hand. And Brad's cliffhanger would be suspenseful if we didn't hear about the end in the news. At least he's blinking. Progress, right? Looking back, it's funny that he got Britni a necklace . . . at least if you remember his final episode in Inferno II. Good times.

*ETA: Is it bad of me that I don't think Veronica's three wins are worth much today because of how much tougher the game has become, but I'm perfectly okay with giving Darrell the benefit of the doubt with his four wins at roughly the same time?

Edited by Lantern7
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

*ETA: Is it bad of me that I don't think Veronica's three wins are worth much today because of how much tougher the game has become, but I'm perfectly okay with giving Darrell the benefit of the doubt with his four wins at roughly the same time?

I don't know, I mean since Veronica has come back she's done nothing.  Whereas Darrell has won another challenge (albeit a Champs vs. Pro challenge but it is still a challenge nevertheless) and has been a pretty good performer during the newer seasons.  Therefore, I really do not think you are wrong.

Veronica looks a lot like my ex.  I had forgotten how similar they looked alike until tonight's episode when her and CT arrived at the Redemption House. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

*sigh* I really, really, really, really, REALLY need CT not to relapse to becoming a dick. I've defended the guy for a long time. I thought that his change wasn't merely for the cameras. But now he's at Redemption House, he's slipping . . . because of Veronica.

Please don't think I'm all "blame the victim." If you've seen Veronica's "career," you'll understand why I dislike her. She has the most Challenge wins of any woman, but that could have been considered prehistory*. And she basically gave a Beth-level performance. It's not like she HAS to contribute to the exercise montage, but I feel she needed to step up. Right now, I'm hoping they sleep it off, have a civilized conversation, hug it out, avoid Paulie at all costs, and win the next Redemption mission. I will say this: out of the veterans that have recently returned, I can say that she's not Shane. Better to make no impact than a negative, bitchy one.

Looking at the mission, you can see why CT would be pissed, as he and Verantula fell behind the likes of Jozea and Other Derrick. Because Jozea is a scrub and from Big Brother, I had zero problem with CT trying to psych him out.

Didn't CT say just before their comp that his partner was throwing up or something? Obviously she partied too hard the night before and just wasn't up to it. So she could have done what he asked and not drank or drank very little the night before and went to bed and got some good sleep. Sounds like she did the opposite. And honestly, isn't she too old to be drinking so much that she is throwing up? Drink, have a good time but know your limits. I know she says she feels bad, but seeing her performance on SaS and at other challenges, I really doubt she has remorse. It's not in her nature. If I was CT I'd be pissed! He'll cool down but it might take a while. I don't think his change was just for the cameras. He got stuck with the 2nd or 3rd player there (Derrick....Jozea). I'd be he'd even take Jozea now LOL

And not defending Shane but....he did make it all the way across the meat versus Veronica not even holding onto the first one. I think she just figured CT would hoist her ass and carry her to victory at every challenge. 

It seems like they have set this challenge to be a Brad and bad hair and teeth dude win. 

• Love 1

I understand CT's frustration at the pairing, but lets face it, he is showing his age too. Although still way more competitive than Veronica.  There is still something so unsavory about making your partner feel bad when they don't perform, and it is an especially bad look for a very large man, like CT, to be so hostile towards a smaller woman.  If you think about it, Tori is easily just as harsh to Derrick, but for some reason that just doesn't have the same sense of menace.  

I could stand a Brad/Kyle victory.  I cannot foresee a series of events in which it is anyone but Brad/Kyle or Bananas/Tony.  And I suspect it will be one of those endings that will give the teammates an option of splitting or keeping the money.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

I understand CT's frustration at the pairing, but lets face it, he is showing his age too. Although still way more competitive than Veronica.  There is still something so unsavory about making your partner feel bad when they don't perform, and it is an especially bad look for a very large man, like CT, to be so hostile towards a smaller woman.  If you think about it, Tori is easily just as harsh to Derrick, but for some reason that just doesn't have the same sense of menace. 

Maybe because Veronica has a history of excelling, while Derrick might as well be a giant weight around Tori’s neck? That’s all I got.

• Love 2

Ugh.  I'm all for shifting the power in the house, but I certainly don't want it shifted to Kyle.  He's far worse than Johnny, IMO.  Kyle's still a newbie and he thinks he's not only awesome, but running the house.  All I can see are his horrible dentures and implanted hairline.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Big fat "whatever" to most of the episode in general. No matter what happens, we have chaos. Watching "live" on Facebook, I noted that the show is basically like the Chappelle's Show sketch of Making the Band (not the O-Town one), to the point where I expect TJ to send the players off to get fresh breast milk off a woman. The missions just don't matter anymore. The monkeys were cute as they looked on, and I imagined them jacking it accordingly. Johnny interviews about trying to convince Tony that they're on equal terms; meanwhile, I notice you can't see his right hand. And Brad's cliffhanger would be suspenseful if we didn't hear about the end in the news. At least he's blinking. Progress, right? Looking back, it's funny that he got Britni a necklace . . . at least if you remember his final episode in Inferno II. Good times.

Nah.  It's not Veronica*.  I've been calling it for a while.  It was definitely evident on the last Champs vs. Stars, where CT broke Aneesa's leg, then went off on Brooke for fearing being injured.

I was one of the redeemed CT's biggest fans.  But he's been backsliding for a while.  He shows up overweight and somewhat out of shape, and simply depends on his superhuman strength.  He's coasting the same as Veronica, he's just a born beast.

Everyone hates Johnny as compared to CT, but CT isn't better in my book.  CT's obviously decided this is his only job, yet doesn't show up in peak condition - unlike Johnny.  

*And I've despised Veronica since she stole someone else's homework.

• Love 4

Veronica also stole her roommate's cute shirt on her "Semesters and Sea" Road Rules season.  I'll never forget the look on Veronica's face when spotted her roommate wearing the stolen shirt, which roomie had found stuffed deep in Veronica's closet.  Veronica had previously denied knowing anything about the missing shirt, and suddenly, she was oh-so-busted, and knew it.  Veronica begged roomie off-camera to go along with a made-up story about the shirt, but no-go.  

Veronica used to be a hot little number, and probably got away with a lot of crap like her habitual lying, thieving and sense of entitlement.  Those days are gone.  Veronica's beauty is greatly diminished, but her poor character lives on.  

• Love 8

Semester at Sea was such a great season.  Might need a re-watch (and more sexy ass Yes).  

Are the producers seriously just going to show mostly talking and scheming each episode from now on?  This is episode 5 and we've seen 3 challenges and 1 elimination (is it called Armageddon; I really don't remember).  That's just ridiculous.  I'm not saying I mind the talking and scheming, they just need to be equally balanced with the competitions and the drinking/stupid keep ourselves busy activities.

• Love 2

I don't blame CT for being mad. His frustration doesn't stem from the fact that Veronica just plain sucks but that Veronica doesn't even pretend to try. She's not ignorant to how much the game has evolved. It's gotten tougher and that's why you see a yard full of people working out - because they know that there's a good deal of strength and stamina needed to survive the physical elements of the game. If people are cracking jokes about you just drinking wine in the house, then I'm willing to believe that CT isn't exaggerating the fact that that's pretty much all she did. It seems Veronica wants the free vacation to be on this show but doesn't really wanna put in the work...and when you're saddled with a partner, that shit doesn't fly as well because that kind of attitude is gonna piss them off. That said, CT went on ranting for too long. If you're at the point of just repeating the same message, then it's just piling on. 

Natalie comparing their girl/guy relationship isn't as simple. Natalie seems to be an overrated competitor when under pressure but she's still more capable than Veronica. There's at least some hope with Natalie that she may be able to pull off a win. Veronica has lost before she's begun.

Soooo....are we done with the actual elimination challenges? 

• Love 2

Ahh, old rage burner CT is starting to show his ugly head, however....he's still not that guy he used to be IMHO.   He's popping off, but honestly....it's nothing that Veronica doesn't deserve.   He meant it when he said he just wanted her to try.   If she had put the work in and did her best and they went home, I think he'd still be disappointed and upset at losing a possibly huge paycheck, but he wouldn't be this pissed.   Veronica knows this game is stacked against her, but she still comes on it...and she knows she has a partner who excels at the game, but she isn't willing to go a lick outside her own comfort zone to help get them both farther in the game.   I think Veronica just hoped he could carry her all the way to the final.  

• Love 2
On 8/7/2018 at 10:54 PM, Lantern7 said:

avoid Paulie at all costs

Excellent advice for any situation, really.

Holy hell.  Kayleigh, in the morning, with mussed hair, no caterpillars on her eyes and either no lipstick or pale gloss?  Christ almighty she looked sexy.  Better than when she is all done up, that’s for sure.

I’m just going to pretend CT didn’t do or say anything.

Tori is incredibly annoying but yes, Bratni is terrible and should be exterminated.  Only time I’ve liked her.

• Love 2

I have always been team CT. However, perhaps he could have put Veronica on the steak FIRST and flung her out over the water, that way, they would have had one rope instead of zero ropes. In the old days, angry CT would have drank too much and punched a person or a wall.... now we get a peaceful contemplating CT. Okay, a little bit whiney, but most shots were of him staring off into space wondering how he was put with Veronica. Well, pal... you wanted to do the challenge and you didn't really have many vendettas and they asked her to come back and she wanted a vacation to drink wine and hang with some friends so that's how you ended up with her.  

• Love 2

Guess he really wanted that money but Veronica is going to make it difficult if not impossible for him to win.

He’s going to have to get in a beef with one of the more athletic guys, for future Challenge possibilities.

I like CT, but cast members have said that he is still a bit of an asshole. He gets the best, most forgiving edit according to some on the cast. That was a bad challenge for Veronica, given her height. She’s not a strong competitor anymore, but for that specific challenge I think she deserved to not be treated like crap.

• Love 3

I have nothing to add except that I continue to be amazed at how some of the girls even wear fake lashes to the challenge. I can barely successfully attach fake lashes for really important fancy events/weddings where I'm a bridesmaid and these women wear them like all the time. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, scrb said:

Guess he really wanted that money but Veronica is going to make it difficult if not impossible for him to win.

He’s going to have to get in a beef with one of the more athletic guys, for future Challenge possibilities.

Yeah, it's too bad that he and Bananas squashed their constant beef years ago.  

49 minutes ago, shelley1234 said:

Yeah, it's too bad that he and Bananas squashed their constant beef years ago.  

The only way I would enjoy them working together is if it was required that CT carried the Banana Backpack during every challenge.  

• Love 5