Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E15: Head of Household #5. Nominations #5

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, springbarb said:

Bay was going nuts as HOH. One of the many things that frustrates me about that alliance was illustrated when Fessy was trying to talk to her about JC; he was laying out a rational reason for not nominating JC, but all Bay heard was "You aren't just falling in line immediately with what I'm saying." The other alliance works decently well because they can have conversations debating the best move. I think they made the wrong decision in getting rid of Kaitlyn, but at least it was a decent discussion. The attitude of Bay and Hay towards Fessy was obnoxious--and I don't even really like the guy.

YES. She kept pointing out that JC's loyalty is to Fessy, and not HER. Okay? USE THAT!!! It's still a number on your side if you play your cards right. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Ah, come on Bayliegh! Why would you tell an enemy about the power AP? She'll sell that information down the river the minute it she can use it to her advantage.

My theory is she went into the game thinking she'd be queen bee pretty girl (wasn't she a pageant girl?) but instead of falling into the alliance of pretty people, she fell into the "others" group. This is her attempt to get into the group of pretties where she feels she rightly belongs.

Also, she's pretty dumb.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I had to laugh so hard at myself; because, when the HOH comp was explained I said - "Damn, this is really going to suck for the first few contestants". Then Bayleigh nailed it on the first try! Shows what I know. 

Me too! I said,  "First player won't win." Usually the first player sets a baseline that the others play off of.

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

My sister is a sub. She has a bachelor's degree. I love her to death; she's a big hearted person. But she's fucking dumb. Just straight up clueless. 

In my district they need a certain number of college hours. But, really, most subs just act as babysitters.

• Love 2

If you see a post that spoils a point of the show please report it immediately.

Quoting a spoiler to explain that it is against the rules only spreads the spoiler further and makes more posts we have to hide. 

Additionally - Live Feed Viewers. Do not spoil episode threads. Period. 

• Love 6

I'm team baleigh.  She could get rid of two big players this week and next with hoh and the power!   Tyler and JC.   I like her moves.  With saying that isn't Tyler one slick one!  He's really something.  Could the women 'rise up'!  Stay tuned!

Bayleigh.  Yeow.  Power mad, vocal fry, atrocious misuse of "Literally."

I was feeling sour and angry watching Bayleigh point her finger at Faysal and snarl, "Don't you EVER . . . !" ["tell me I'm making a bad decision" or something like that]  So rude, so arrogant--and so downright stupid to scold someone for suggesting alternatives when you're in a position to make choices.

But I've read all the funny posts now and I feel much better.  Jordan Peele and Golden Doodle Tyler.  Heeeeeeeee

• Love 6

I expected to be Team Bayleigh but wow I have never seen HoH go to someone's head as quickly as it did to her. And I guess it's because we've never heard her speaking much until now but by the end of the hour her voice was like fingernails on a chalkboard. It has a really annoying nasal quality to it.

But I don’t think Baleigh knows what the phrase means. As in, “if you get voted off there is no blood on my hands because you were nominated before.” Huh?

I don't get this either - I'm guessing they mean "the least blood on my hands" rather than "no blood." The whole point of being HoH is nominating someone and ultimately being responsible for one person leaving - there is simply no way to do that without getting some blood on your hands. 

But then I was also kinda hoping that Kaitlyn would come back as a spirit to haunt these people.   The show was definitely missing something without her

You know what would be hysterical if they really wanted to mess with these people? Remember how they used to have faces pop up in the one-way mirrors to scare the houseguests? What if they had Kaitlyn stick around for an extra day or two just to have her face pop up in the mirrors and randomly scare the crap out of people? They'd all be paranoid that it was a sign she was coming back.

That whole JC and Faysal video clip with laugh track had to be one of the lamest most annoying things that BB has ever done.

It's right up there, that's for sure. One is tall and one is short! Hysterical! I mean . . . neither one is nearly as funny as the show thinks they are.

I winced when I heard him say “unrational.” He’s a substitute teacher, right? Egads.

He probably only subs for gym glass. I think part-time coach is on his resume as well.

The attitude of Bay and Hay towards Fessy was obnoxious--and I don't even really like the guy.

Agreed. It's one thing to get a little demanding with people who riding the middle, like Scottie and JC. They haven't really been a core part of her alliance. What the hell does she think she's doing by threatening Faysal? She really only has him, Baleigh and Rockstar as a solid alliance. 

• Love 7

Faysal might be on the books as a substitute teacher so that he can coach. A lot of schools have rules that only teachers can coach. So if you want someone to coach, but don't want him to TEACH, a job as a sub might fit the rule.  It means he shows up when a teacher is absent, and follows the lesson plan.

The really good subs can get long-term assignments. But most are just called on a day to day basis, and function as babysitters.

When he talked about how students would take pictures of him, I figured him for an idiot.  Bragging that high school girls think you're hot? Not smart at all.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, D.CBies said:

I also think that it was in very poor taste for big brother to let the HG watch Kaitlyn try to put the puzzle together

Well, it was live... and in my opinion they thought/knew that it was going to be a short moment until they sent her back into the house so the house whould see it. They didn't plan on her choking/breaking down (see no time allotted for her exit interview they didn't think they'd have).

• Love 7
7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

There has to be a "weiner" joke in there somewhere.

There is - but I can’t say it in a nonspoiler thread.  ;>

1 hour ago, backformore said:

Faysal might be on the books as a substitute teacher so that he can coach. A lot of schools have rules that only teachers can coach. So if you want someone to coach, but don't want him to TEACH, a job as a sub might fit the rule.  It means he shows up when a teacher is absent, and follows the lesson plan.

Bingo!  “Welcome to Health Class, kids....”

4 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Well, it was live... and in my opinion they thought/knew that it was going to be a short moment until they sent her back into the house so the house whould see it. They didn't plan on her choking/breaking down (see no time allotted for her exit interview they didn't think they'd have).

Agreed; no way did Production NOT think a grown adult wouldn’t be able to finish a six-piece jigsaw puzzle in two minutes.  I dunno.  Maybe they should’ve subbed in a five-year-old for K...?  :>

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Agreed; no way did Production NOT think a grown adult wouldn’t be able to finish a six-piece jigsaw puzzle in two minutes.  I dunno.  Maybe they should’ve subbed in a five-year-old for K...?  :>

Jigsaw puzzles have pieces that lock into each other well and are assembled on a flat surface. The prop dept shares a big chunk of the blame. They made the cuts so that it'd be easy to shove the pieces together quick, at the expense of having them stay together.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Jigsaw puzzles have pieces that lock into each other well and are assembled on a flat surface. The prop dept shares a big chunk of the blame. They made the cuts so that it'd be easy to shove the pieces together quick, at the expense of having them stay together.

But - they’d lean together.  All K needed to do was spread the feet a little further apart, and friction and gravity would’ve done the rest.  That's how the puzzle was standing in the first place.  K simply got too frustrated to see it.

Edited by Nashville
Typos
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Oh yeah, she’s bossy and crazed with power, but she’s not sanctimonious. She yelled at Fessy, and that’s definitely not cool, but they *are* allies and he was being kind of dumb. She didn’t single out two other people and shame them based on her own old-fashioned view of morality.

While Sam could have worded her eviction noms better, she was calling someone out for their behavior and it happened to be females. Had it been 2 males, it'd have been no different. Sam's noms were based on her opinion. If its old fashioned so what. The great thing about opinions is that everyone has one, and they don't have to be the same as everyone else's. If you don't want people telling you your opinions are wrong, don't tell others theirs are. Bay's behavior is not based on opinion, its based on threats and intimidation. She has herself on such a pedestal that she'd break her neck if she were to ever fall off. Between the attitude and voice, she can't leave fast enough for me.

• Love 3
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Snappy said:

Between the attitude and voice, she can't leave fast enough for me.

I'll add to that that her calling herself the Princess and claiming to be "our girl" in the DR does not help.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Snappy said:

While Sam could have worded her eviction noms better, she was calling someone out for their behavior and it happened to be females. Had it been 2 males, it'd have been no different.

The fact that her comments were directed toward females is what makes it so objectionable. She didn't call out Fessy for flirting with them. She was judging them on a standard of behavior that is rooted in sexism, and it's especially objectionable when it's used by a woman to put other women down.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Nashville said:

But - they’d lean together.  All K needed to do was spread the feet a little further apart, and friction and gravity would’ve done the rest.  That's how the puzzle was standing in the first place.  K simply got too frustrated to see it.

She said she had a panic attack and that if she had a bit more time to get herself together after the eviction she might have done it.

8 hours ago, Mumbles said:

The fact that her comments were directed toward females is what makes it so objectionable. She didn't call out Fessy for flirting with them. She was judging them on a standard of behavior that is rooted in sexism, and it's especially objectionable when it's used by a woman to put other women down.

Sometimes, the truth hurts. Just because Sam's a woman doesn't mean she has to ignore, accept or condone their behavior, and their subsequent behavior proved Sam's point, at least Kaitlyn's. I do agree, Fessy is as guilty too.

• Love 4
(edited)

It's normal on Big Brother to flirt for your game, Sam is living in some alternate reality.  The bad part is when people make things up to make out things are more serious than they actually are, either in the house to trash people or outside.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Snappy said:

Sometimes, the truth hurts. Just because Sam's a woman doesn't mean she has to ignore, accept or condone their behavior, and their subsequent behavior proved Sam's point, at least Kaitlyn's. I do agree, Fessy is as guilty too.

But Sam doesn't agree that Faysal and Tyler are guilty because they're men and they just can't help themselves. She literally said that.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

But Sam doesn't agree that Faysal and Tyler are guilty because they're men and they just can't help themselves. She literally said that.

Then she's misguided, but I'm not going to hate her for it. I missed that. 

All K needed to do was spread the feet a little further apart, and friction and gravity would’ve done the rest. 

There was one piece in particular that gave her trouble - it was a small piece at the top of the right leg. The left leg was just all one piece. That little piece is where she lost it - she couldn't seem to fit it correctly into the top of the right leg and that's where she bled all her time and what caused her to start panicking. If she had simply addressed that one piece while she was assembling the puzzle in a standing position she would have been fine, but it flustered her so much that she decided she needed to put it all on the floor and assemble it flat. That just ended up bleeding more time. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

There was one piece in particular that gave her trouble - it was a small piece at the top of the right leg. The left leg was just all one piece. That little piece is where she lost it - she couldn't seem to fit it correctly into the top of the right leg and that's where she bled all her time and what caused her to start panicking. If she had simply addressed that one piece while she was assembling the puzzle in a standing position she would have been fine, but it flustered her so much that she decided she needed to put it all on the floor and assemble it flat. That just ended up bleeding more time. 

If I recall, the feet on the puzzle image were still facing forward, but when she went to put the jacket and head pieces on, they were facing her.  So, that one little leg piece made a huge difference.  However, even if they all seemed to fit, it wouldn't have been correct since the "puzzle Kaitlyn" would have been twisted.  I've seen them do that on Survivor as well.  Things fit (or seem to fit) but there's one place where something is backwards or two of the same letter are not in their correct puzzle position even though a word is spelled correctly.

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah, that’s the piece I referred to as the “waist” piece in that episode’s thread.  In retrospect, I think it gave K trouble because (a) she apparently never looked at the puzzle from the front before disassembling it, and (b) of all the pieces, it had the greatest front-back similarity of any of the pieces - but K didn’t know that.

• Love 1

I never thought I'd be defending Brett but since he's been showing a sense of humor about his asshole personality I hope he sticks around. It's obvious he's having fun with the character he's partially invented. I say partially because he probably is an asshole but still,he's fun to watch.

I hope the airline that Bayleigh works for is paying attention to their flight attendant.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MRMO said:

I hope the airline that Bayleigh works for is paying attention to their flight attendant.

Does Bae still work for an airline?  Most jobs won’t give an employee a 3 month leave of absence unless the employee is so critical to the company’s continued survival, a 3 month absence is preferable to losing them entirely - and I don’t see Bae’s flight attendant role falling into that rarefied niche.

But on the off-chance - Bae’s employer better pony up for some sensitivity training.  ;)

• Love 3

Well, I'm glad I missed the posts that (I assume) spoiled the Veto result.  Benefits of not reading this thread quickly.  Thanks, mods!

Speaking of spoilers, I hated that BB spoiled the result of the HoH comp (essentially) in the "Tonight…" teaser.  Once I saw that scene with Bayleigh, Haleigh and Fesseigh once again infesting the HoH room like roaches, I knew that none of L5 had won the comp.  I grant you that the comp was an exceedingly boring crapshoot and "Queen Bayleigh" obviously had it won immediately, but even so.  Let us have a little suspense, BB!

Having read upthread about the unshown practice rounds and how Bayleigh's times were consistently around the 8-second mark, I have to wonder:  was that always the goal and Bay is just verrrrry good at this comp, or did TPTB move the goalposts to the time that Bayleigh was recording to give her an advantage?  Eight seconds does seem pretty fucking random, as goals go, after all.

And, having stayed unspoiled, at the moment it certainly seems to me that evicting our Little Aura Annie is as stupid an idea (for L5 and JC) as I thought it was.

• They were worried about Kaitlyn winning HoH, where they rightly dismissed Rockhead's chances of doing so.  But the HoH was pure luck, Angie could have won it just as much as Bayleigh did. (Unless there really was rigging, that is.)

• Despite Bayleigh's claim that there aren't "sides" in the house any more, she still seems loyal to the remnants of Farté; there was never a hint of Rockhead making a return trip to the block.  But put Kaitlyn in the house, and she'd almost certainly be back up there.

• Even if L5 can somehow win the Veto, even if they can somehow convince Bayleigh to put up a middle player as the replacement (Scottie, Sam and JC aren't "floating" per se, since they've consistently voted on one side or another, but they don't know that the alliances exist, much less that they aren't in them, as we saw with Scottie's unwanted presence in the storage room this past episode), it might be hard to get the votes to evict them.  Put 4 votes on Sam against either Brett or Rachel and that's all you'll get; neither Scottie nor JC would be the 5th vote to evict, and I really doubt that Haleigh or Angie would join in out of revenge. Getting  JC backdoored doesn't help; Sam isn't voting him out and neither is Scottie.  You might find JC willing to be the 5th vote against Scottie if he was up against Brett (because JC likes Brett as a meatshield), but probably not against Rachel.

So basically you need Rachel to win Veto, Bayleigh to nom Scottie, and JC to vote him out. All in all, a very slim needle to thread, it looks to me.

But if Kait were still there, she'd be an easy evictee unless she won the Veto.  Stupid, stupid, stupid move, team.  Arrgh! 

Also, I'd just vastly prefer it if Angie were gone, but that's almost OT for this point, I'll allow.

(edited)
39 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

Well, I'm glad I missed the posts that (I assume) spoiled the Veto result.  Benefits of not reading this thread quickly.  Thanks, mods!

Yeah, that was my fault. I was in (certain HG)-protection mode. I posted something that I failed to realize also included spoilers.  I was posting it to illustrate something from the past.  I was all over the boards today and got sloppy with that particular post.

Sorry, gang! ?

Edited by GalvDuck
2 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

I was in [blank] mode.

I'd worry that even your citing your sympathy for any specific HG in these circumstances might qualify as something of a spoiler.  I mean, I have no idea how [X] might be relevant to the results of the Veto…but now I'm wondering, and I shouldn't be doing that.  That's why I've deleted any reference to the HG or HGs you cite in my reply here, as I hope the mods will clean up your post, as well.

2 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

I'd worry that even your citing your sympathy for any specific HG in these circumstances might qualify as something of a spoiler.  I mean, I have no idea how [X] might be relevant to the results of the Veto…but now I'm wondering, and I shouldn't be doing that.  That's why I've deleted any reference to the HG or HGs you cite in my reply here, as I hope the mods will clean up your post, as well.

Point taken.  However, we do continue to post about past HGs also.  So, mentioning one HG in particular doesn’t necessarily mean much unless there is a specific spoiler about HOH, noms, or veto.  The eviction was already broadcast, so everyone here knows who is still in the game, right?  My mentioning one HG above wasn’t a spoiler since obviously that HG wasn’t evicted.  It was the video that was a problem because it had more details and went well into spoiler territory.