Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E30: The Fundamental Things Apply

• Start Topic

I don't know what is worse: 

Brandon being the savor to a black woman or "Krandon" handling immigration.

The squish name for Brandon and Kelly kind of fits. It sounds terrible, like they are.

It sounds like "Kraken," so yeah, it totally fits

• Love 2

I guess Donna decided she didn't care about promoting unrealistic body sizes with her "fashion" line after all? Perhaps all the arm flapping was meant to distract everyone from how boring the clothes were. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Those models OMG! And why would Jackie's brother want his current and ex wife there LMAO - although it would be more interesting to watch that than what goes on with brandon and kelly

Edited by RosieRose221
spelling
5 hours ago, deliciousscones said:

I like how in both Melrose Place and 90210 an immigrant woman is named Katya. It really shows their lack of knowledge about people outside of southern CA.

I was wondering why Wilshire Memorial wasn't the first place they checked!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Panda Bear said:

Didn't Tori Spelling know that people made fun of the show after the first time it pretended she could be a model (way back in the Paris episodes)? You'd think someone would have told her... 

Tori Spelling makes TV shows for our world but she doesn't actually live in it. That's why she refuses to pay taxes here!

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Stowaway said:

I know that first gif is supposed to be about the dumb hair trinkets, but all I see is how much Steve VANTS to suck her bood!

It's the 90s version of steampunk.

• Love 1

Physician-Adjacent* Cop reporting for duty - I don’t think Alex can just take some certification and then *poof!* become a practicing physician in the US. International med school degrees are fine, but I believe graduate training has to be done in a US-accredited program. Once again, Brandon and Kelly oversimplify like JUST GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND TAKE THE TEST, YOU SLOTH. Poor Alex.

* I work admin in a medical school but work only peripherally with students/residents.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

Didn't Tori Spelling know that people made fun of the show after the first time it pretended she could be a model (way back in the Paris episodes)? You'd think someone would have told her... 

And it’s extra-amusing that the mid to late 90s was the height of all the heroin chic and weird-looking models trend, but spazzy mcflailing wasn’t making it work.

• Love 2

I'm embarrassed to admit that I had that barrette thing- a holder with the little stick.  To my defense, it didn't have all those jangling things. 

Donna the model- seriously?! Wouldn't it have made more sense to have Kelly who actually was a model do it while Donna worked backstage.

23 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

Good point! Why would Donna be so STUFF! about someone suggesting she model when she's already been a model and was ready to drop out of high school to pursue it just 4 or 5 years ago?

(god, thinking about those episodes feels like thinking back to a completely different show)

• Love 4
On 7/17/2018 at 6:11 PM, atlanticslide said:

(god, thinking about those episodes feels like thinking back to a completely different show)

Truly. A show that we actually enjoyed watching... even if Brandon was just as infuriating back then.

• Love 1
On 7/17/2018 at 7:11 PM, atlanticslide said:

Good point! Why would Donna be so STUFF! about someone suggesting she model when she's already been a model and was ready to drop out of high school to pursue it just 4 or 5 years ago?

I think she even realizes how ridiculous it is that anyone would want her to be a model 

Jesus this episode is a snore. Brandon saves the day via assumptions and speaking to people in a harsh, accusatory tone, Donna literally stumbles into further success against all reasonable odds, Val stirs shit up for no reason, David is pissy about literally everything and everyone he comes into contact with, Noah is there and useless. This sums up most episodes in season 8. While my hopes are not much higher for season 9, at least Brandon leaves, so they have to get a little easier to take.

• Love 3