Type keyword(s) to search

Girl Meets Farm - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I want to make everything from today's ep, starting with that dip. All ingredients in are the house. And while I have to substitute something for the broccoli (no can do), that's next. Hilarious (to me) that the desserts look great but can wait.

• Like 1

I've been subscribing to Blue Apron since the beginning of the pandemic (it was hard to find fresh proteins plus not wanting to shop in a store), and like it enough to still be using it. In choosing future meals I see they have a special offering from Molly.

From the Test Kitchen

Get everyone together for a night of food and fun with easy, craveable dishes from mom and cookbook author, Molly Yeh. Inspired by Molly’s heritage, this box keeps mealtime interesting without making it complicated, letting you celebrate everyday moments with the people you love. Recipes included:

• Ginger-Scallion Burgers with Fried Eggs, Pickled Cucumbers & Hoisin Sauce
• Peanut Noodles with Bok Choy
• Crunchy Cabbage Slaw with Sweet Chili Mayo & Sesame Seeds
• Miso Apple Pie with Pistachio-Coconut Crumble

Cost is $99.99. Serves 4.

I'm not planning on ordering it, but I thought it was interesting that they are collaborating with her for one of their special offerings.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Looks like the new season starts this weekend - 7/15.  The theme: Fantabulous Kids Brunch.  Who wants to wager that it will involve sprinkles.

EDIT:  I got it wrong... the new season started last week; it's episode 2 this Sunday.  It's still the brunch episode.

Edited by patty1h
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

On Sunday, I believe they did the farmers lunch.  She made her version of a blossom cookie which was massive, and had 1/2 Hershey bar on top instead of a kiss.  Yeah, they were that big.  

It looked lucious.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, cynicat said:

On Sunday, I believe they did the farmers lunch.  She made her version of a blossom cookie which was massive, and had 1/2 Hershey bar on top instead of a kiss.  Yeah, they were that big.  

It looked lucious.

I noticed that Molly's wardrobe and overall appearance reverted back to the "look" she had when the show began and continued after Bernie was born.  That is the cute "apron and neat top combo" in interesting colors.  The addition of false eyelashes didn't interfere with her overall "look."

Last year (maybe last 2 yrs), she went for a more "casual" look verging on "sloppiness" with jeans and oversized tops.  Maybe it had something to do with her 2nd pregnancy.  

I prefer this "look."  She looks professional and adorable!!

Edited by pdlinda

She made her version of a blossom cookie which was massive, and had 1/2 Hershey bar on top instead of a kiss

I've enjoyed Molly's recipes since the blogging days, but her comment about not needing dark chocolate on this cookie was blasphemy. Blasphemy, I tell you. (Also, that big milk chocolate bar looked like ... er, unfortunate.)

• Like 2

I’m a fan of herring (mostly in cream or mustard sauces) and those darling open-face sandwiches I had in Denmark (tartines;-) and I used to hit the food court at Ikea for Swedish pancakes and lingonberry jam. But no, nothing is going to make Swedish meatballs look appetizing. Not sure about that cake, either. And I eat a bit of smoked salmon for every breakfast.

• Like 1

I enjoy Molly. but I tuned in this morning to hear her bemoaning it was harvest time, so that meant she had to do all the bedtime stories and all the dishes. Maybe it was the mood I was in, but I thought, boo hoo hoo, you're the one who married a farmer. Suck it up, buttercup.

• Like 1

Looks like there are no no episodes of GMF for the next couple of weeks . Was the show cancelled?  Molly went from being the next big thing on FN, complete with a home renovation , to being nowhere .  I wonder if her  awful hosting of the baking championship was prepay a factor in her losing ratings for GMF. 

50 minutes ago, orangekit said:

I wonder if her  awful hosting of the baking championship was prepay a factor in her losing ratings for GMF. 

She had another season after the baking championship fiasco so I think she's safe.  They are showing reruns periodically.  Hopefully there will be a new contract.

I do wonder if her growing family and the restaurant are now the priority, though.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

She had another season after the baking championship fiasco so I think she's safe.  They are showing reruns periodically.  Hopefully there will be a new contract.

I do wonder if her growing family and the restaurant are now the priority, though.

When I was looking her up after reading the speculation here I found an article that said she signed a new 2yr contract last Febuary. 

• Useful 3

I noticed on the last week's schedule, that GMF was airing at 11 on Saturdays, so Joanna Gaines's show could take the former GMF slot on Sundays. I don't know if the Saturday shows are reruns or not. Not too happy about this schedule switcheroo. 

• Useful 1

I was disappointed in Sunday's episode.  She made chocolate chip pancakes and then topped them with a yogurt whipped cream.  The reason I'm disappointed is that she demonstrated how to make the pancakes but not the yogurt whipped cream.  It's okay that she demod the pancakes but we've seen pancakes be made before on TV.  Yogurt whipped cream is something different and I would have much preferred she dedicate some time to showing us that.  She didn't even provide a recipe.