Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E05: Live Eviction #1

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

The problem here is that she is Angie and there's an Angela so people are more likely to use her moniker. It's not as annoying as Chris who has made even Julie call him 'Swaggy C' which is borderline unforgivable. They will for the entirety of the comp be Angie and Chris to me however.

Swaggy C is just like a hip-hop name.  But who actually calls themselves Rockstar?

2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I wasn't at all surprised that Sam stayed.  It seemed inevitable. 

Kaitlyn is kind of an odd duck.  I would think for sure that Haleigh would go up next.  That way, Kaitlyn can make her move on Faysal.  It wouldn't be smart game play, but I think  this is more about Kaitlyn's bruised ego as opposed to what is better for her game.  

Kaitlyn is supposed to be a Life Coach.  I would have thought for sure that she would play this game with much less emotion and instead base her game purely on strategy.

I hate that HOH comp.  At what point will they fix the damn game so the ball doesn't get stuck?

Splitting up some of the couples might not be a bad move for those not in couples.  Game bots are all well and good but emotion always makes Big Brother more interesting.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Kaitlyn is supposed to be a Life Coach.  I would have thought for sure that she would play this game with much less emotion and instead base her game purely on strategy

a life coach can just be a hired cheerleader, someone to meet with you weekly and tell you how great you are, and how to improve.   from her website, people hire her for 3 months, 6 months, or a year.   So I guess business is slow, since she can take time away from it? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jobiska said:

I don't get what bros have to do with tech, is the thing.  I mean, San Brose is stupid, but they made a big point that the set was the tech industry, and?????  Why?????

This season’s theme is “High Tech Summer”.  And I more than half-suspect the “San BROse” was a last-minute add-on as some good-natured(?) ribbing of Brett and Winston for their constant overBROing.

2 hours ago, Neveragain said:

I like Steve. Sorry to see him go.   He's from jersey, I'm from jersey, he sounds like home lol. Idk why he was targeted so soon? 

Ageism, pure and simple; always makes an easy pick for the first HoH.

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm starting to think the main reason they added the robot was so that JC would have someone his own size to play with.

Swearta gawd - every time that contraption appeared on-screen, I had a Robin Sparkles flashback.

“Don’t forget the robot!!!”

1 hour ago, amazingracefan said:

Swaggy C is just like a hip-hop name.  But who actually calls themselves Rockstar?

Uhhhh... nobody who’s an actual rock star, for starters.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

and, I just read his EW exit interview. They asked him questons about what he thinks and who he thinks but never said who had the power either. I think he's locked up for 4 weeks......I'm guessing.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/06/big-brother-20-steve-arienta-first-out/

Interesting article.  For a former undercover cop he doesn't exactly have good insights about people.  Apparently he thought the Bros and Hailegh all three flipped on him but thought the math would be 7-6 his favor so who were the other two he got wrong?  And he also now thinks it could have been possible maybe the power was used for the extra vote (or to flip someone's vote) somehow.

He also said he thought Brett has the power because his whole group believes that though his gut was telling him it should be Angela and he still thinks she might.  So he gets a 0-fer-2 there.

I agree they will keep him in the dark about all this since last season they had some sort of battleback for the early evictees (curse you TWICE over, Cody) and there is some buy back in past seasons too.  Not that the next person getting evicted won't fill him in but hey the next person could be more out of touch than Steve.

I hope Tyler wins the power this week.  On the show and feeds he has shown not a mean bone in his body so far, remained fairly humble as HOH (a first maybe there) and is playing the game light years ahead of everyone else so far.  He and he alone managed to save Sam and it just wasn't by managing to flip K-Aura alone.  Warning pretty major stuff here below.

Spoiler

Winston was going through his endless super hyper paranoia coupled with his stubborn streak and wanted to flip Level Six late in the process to keep Steve instead and was starting to get his way.  Then Tyler played his ace in the hole to stop that mutiny.  He had to tell them about Sam's power to save her.  He also had to tell K-Aura too because he had lead the K-Aura horse to water but it wouldn't drink until, just a few hours before the vote, he had to tell her this to get her to finally drink ... err, flip.  According to someone else he told K-Aura it was Brett who had the power and that he could save Sam.  Either way "the power" was used to flip K-Aura.

(Sorry but I give up on some on these women's names.  They so blend together and have weird spellings as well.  Every time I see their name spelled correctly I have to find some way to put them into "my speak" to translate it and figure out who they are.  Like the Hay-something person is now Hayseed to me because I can remember the intro with her on a farm in Texas, etc.  It's the only way I can get these people straight in my head.  Thank goodness for names like Sam and Rachel and even Rockstar because I don't have to play word association games to remember them).

Edited by green
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Nashville said:

This season’s theme is “High Tech Summer”.  And I more than half-suspect the “San BROse” was a last-minute add-on as some good-natured(?) ribbing of Brett and Winston for their constant overBROing.

I thought Silibro Valley would have made more sense. 

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure Julie said something along the lines of if Sam needs to use the power this week, she'd immediately go into some sortof challenge to win her way back into the house.  If that's the case, the evictee immediately has the challenge, then there's no need to sequester Steve, unless they will also have a "normal" buy-back or challenge-back of pre-jury evictees.  I think thats definitely possible, since BB couldn't know for sure someone would pick extra life in the early few weeks (although that's such an obvious pick).

• Love 1

For a former undercover cop he doesn't exactly have good insights about people.

Emphasis on former. He's pretty young to be "retired."

I'm sort of ambivalent about who went home and who won HoH. It's kind of interesting that the flip vote won HoH but Kaitlyn is such a hair trigger there's no telling what she might do. On the one hand she was clearly jealous of Faysal and Hayleigh; on the other hand it was sound logic to evict someone who was part of a pair rather than a loner. 

What, the sleeveless jean vest? Or the other sleeveless buttondowns??  All awful!

Good god what a couple of douchebros. Open sleeveless jean vest, no less. Yeah . . . he's works in "cyber security." Uh huh. And I'm Bill freaking Gates.

Rockstar looked like she was about to have a boob pop out

I thought the same thing! That over-the-shoulder number did her no favors, her tan lines really stood out.

I'm not really enjoying Tyler's game.  Seems so smug, so fast.

I'm torn here because I see that too but in his defense, Team Swaggy are such idiots they make it way too easy for him. I don't know how they convinced themselves Tyler was on their side, especially after he floated Bayleigh as a potential replacement. Duh, people!

Basically sounds like one of the first four evicted will most likely return, so that case would entail sequester.  Maybe the potential buyback competition will be a do-or-die event among the evictees, but the app power holder gets a second life to continue competing if he or she is eliminated while others will be out after the first loss

I think I've got this figured out. Basically, the show was going to bring back one of the first four evicted HGs, one way or another. If Sam had been evicted first and had to win some kind of 1-person challenge to get back in, and lost, they probably would have just recycled the Bonus Life power for the next week. Who's not going to pick Bonus Life over a few other more ambiguous powers? And if nobody uses it after the first four evictions the fourth person "automatically" gets the chance to get back in. And if they fail, they just give the third evictee the chance, then the second, then the first. That way the fourth one out has the advantage of competing first so it's still more or less a "power" but it doesn't preclude someone else getting the chance to battle back.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Emphasis on former. He's pretty young to be "retired."

Well he isn't retired retired.  He moved on to teaching law enforcement related courses at college his intro said which seems like a much safer and saner career choice.  It also explains how he got the summer off without losing his job.  He just is passing on teaching the summer semester.

Edited by green
  • Love 3

I also wanted to comment on those dumb Tweets every single show insists on throwing up on the screen. They are the most boring, insipid things in the world. "So sad to see Steve leave. #Goodbyesteve." "So happy Sam is staying. #GoSam." I mean, they cherry pick the most generic, useless ones they can find.

It would be one thing if they showed the ones we send like "looks like the diary room got to Kaitlyn and talked her into flipping." Or "Wonder what piece of crap "twist" Alison Grodner will come up with next to save her precious favorite." 

Let's see those tweets.

• Love 19

I'm very glad that Sam stayed, not only because I like her and not only because anything that screws with Saggy D's game is just fine by me.  But the more I think about it, I think that she was cast to be the robot and given how badly it damaged her social game, it would suck for her to be evicted because of a twist she had no control over.

But wait, you say…how could they know that Sam would get the robot punishment?  That was all decided by a competition, right?  Yes, but look at that comp; it was all about upper arm-strength, pulling yourself up the rope and so on.  All four guys finished ahead of all four girls.  And Sam was the smallest girl there.  

They divided the HGs into two groups of eight, and I'm convinced that whichever group Sam had chosen to be in, that would have been the group that did the rope-climbing/robot comp, with the darkness/pinwheel group being the other on.  So BB got its cutie-pie robot; I'm just glad she gets to be plain old Sam from now on.

Also, while Tyler did a very good job steering Kaitlyn to the right side of the vote at the end of the day, I spent most of the week frustrated with him.  If he wanted to get rid of Steve, he should never have put up a vulnerable pawn against him, much less thrown the veto and lose his chance to take Sam off the block and put up Bayleigh instead.  I get that he didn't want to clash with Chris (I refuse to use his actual nickname) to fiercely over this, but he really hung Sam out to dry for a while there.  He's lucky that Hayseed (thanks, green!) crawled into Messy Fessy's bed…and that Krazypants Kaitlyn caught them.  

Speaking of Krazypants, it was so hilarious watching her almost literally curl into a ball and be ill at the prospect of winning HoH.  Girl, if you didn't want it, there was a whole "ocean" to aim at; Chris reached it easily enough.  No winner's remorse, K!

Nominations have already happened, but I'm keeping myself spoiler-free.  I'm guessing Scottie and JC; Scottie because this way Tyler can keep her pointed at the "Foutte" side of the house without actually nominating someone from that group (or their girlfriend) and JC makes a good pawn because they really can't nominate one of the Bros/models foursome without Chris asking why not two in that case, and it wouldn't be wise to nominate Kaycee or Sam when they're just off of punishment, because that could be seen as "mean" and hurt Kait's chance of winning a power.  (Not that I think she will; it will be Tyler, I'd guess.  But it's worth it for her to consider that aspect.)  

And they do have the numbers to protect a pawn ("Level 6" + JC and Sam is 8, so that's 7-5 in favor of the pawn, or 6-6 with Kait to break the tie if someone flips), so that's okay if Krazy wants to keep "Foutté" foolé-ed.  Not that I'd object to Chris/Faysal noms; I just don't see them coming.  

(Now watch, I'll be completely wrong.)

(edited)

I am confused. When Steve did a mental vote, he believed Kaitlyn would vote to evict Sam? But she voted to evict Steve and that change caused him to be evicted? Was Kaitlyn the vote that Steve got wrong? 

Edited by DakotaLavender
16 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Yes, Steve used the French pronunciation of charade, and it is a French word originally, so if anything it's a tad pretentious, but not wrong.  But he did substitute soundalike words (or quasi-words), which I have to say if I was nervous and on TV I might do.  Or just in everyday life.  I've recently been using both my scanner and my shredder a lot and hoo-boy, the mixups.  At least my husband hasn't yet shredded something I wanted scanned!  But he's used to my word retrieval issues.  

I don't get what bros have to do with tech, is the thing.  I mean, San Brose is stupid, but they made a big point that the set was the tech industry, and?????  Why?????

13 hours ago, Nashville said:

In Silicon Valley, tech startups are renown for their "tech-bro" culture, so I bet the San Brosé thing had already been planned, knowing they always cast a few bros anyway. You can't swing a dead cat in the Bay Area without hitting a posse of dudebros, so I thought it was right on point. 

• Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

I am confused. When Steve did a mental vote, he believed Kaitlyn would vote to evict Sam? But she voted to evict Steve and that change caused him to be evicted? Was Kaitlyn the vote that Steve got wrong? 

Yes.  Though in Steve's interviews his math seems all wonky but yeah he did assume Kaitlyn was a safe vote for him because she was part of Swaggy's alliance.  In someways though it was Fezdispenser that got Steve out by his inability to keep his hands off of Hayseed and setting the Kaitlyn flip in motion.

Edited by green
2 hours ago, green said:

Yes.  Though in Steve's interviews his math seems all wonky but yeah he did assume Kaitlyn was a safe vote for him because she was part of Swaggy's alliance.  In someways though it was Fezdispenser that got Steve out by his inability to keep his hands off of Hayseed and setting the Kaitlyn flip in motion.

"Fezdispenser?" "Hayseed?" Who are they? I don't keep up with the nicknames. 

(edited)
17 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

"Fezdispenser" would be Faysal, aka "Fessy".  (I prefer to call him "Messy Fessy", given how he's been the cause of drama.)  "Hayseed" would be his countrified bedmate, Haleigh.

I understand green's issue with the HG's actual names sounding similar and having spelling issues.  (Note that "Bayleigh" has a "y" but "Haleigh" does not.  And that JC uses initials, but Kaycee spells her name out.)  But it's also true that nickname usage can get out of control.  (I'm still salty that the show wants to make Chris's nickname his official game name, especially given that his intro video went "I'm Chris…"  To say nothing of "Rockstar".  Oh, honey, if you have to call yourself that, you aren't.)  

Do we have a site rule about that, as there once was on TWoP?  I'm clueless, I admit.

ETA:  Just realized that since Chris is allied with Texas A&M student Haleigh, we have a "Swaggy"/Aggie axis.  Good thing they're not in a showmance.  (Although given the thirst among the various "Foutté" members, give them time…)

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Halting Hex said:

"Fezdispenser" would be Faysal, aka "Fessy".  (I prefer to call him "Messy Fessy", given how he's been the cause of drama.)  "Hayseed" would be his countrified bedmate, Haleigh.

I understand green's issue with the HG's actual names sounding similar and having spelling issues.  (Note that "Bayleigh" has a "y" but "Haleigh" does not.  And that JC uses initials, but Kaycee spells her name out.)  But it's also true that nickname usage can get out of control.  (I'm still salty that the show wants to make Chris's nickname his official game name, especially given that his intro video went "I'm Chris…"  To say nothing of "Rockstar".  Oh, honey, if you have to call yourself that, you aren't.)  

Do we have a site rule about that, as there once was on TWoP?  I'm clueless, I admit.

ETA:  Just realized that since Chris is allied with Texas A&M student Haleigh, we have a "Swaggy"/Aggie axis.  Good thing they're not in a showmance.  (Although given the thirst among the various "Foutté" members, give them time…)

I think Previously TV DOES have a rule about nicknames (think I read about it in a previous Bachelor thread) but I really like these nicknames, they're funny yet fairly obvious which ones they're referring to and if BB is going to cast rhyming hamsters, then it is to be expected.

It was a good episode, as noted before, nobody is 100% obnoxious yet although these racist comments may be going in that direction. At least BB is warning them this time so it looks like it won't be business as usual. I am definitely entertained at this point. Big Brother still has the best challenges. The Survivor producers may want to lure some away with big financial incentives.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

But wait, you say…how could they know that Sam would get the robot punishment?  That was all decided by a competition, right?  Yes, but look at that comp; it was all about upper arm-strength, pulling yourself up the rope and so on.  All four guys finished ahead of all four girls.  And Sam was the smallest girl there.  

Did they have to pull themselves up, though?  And if so how could they with alphabet blocks in their hands?  I thought production lowered them up and down all at the same time, but their spelling and ability to find and hold the right letters and balance them (and maybe keep from swaying around a lot somehow) were the deciding factors.  

(edited)
On 7/7/2018 at 3:47 PM, DakotaLavender said:

On 7/7/2018 at 4:02 PM, Halting Hex said:

I understand green's issue with the HG's actual names sounding similar and having spelling issues.  (Note that "Bayleigh" has a "y" but "Haleigh" does not.  And that JC uses initials, but Kaycee spells her name out.) 

Sorry but I can NOT for the life of me learn half of these guys names.  I'm not trying to create nicknames but naming the people in the house the best I can to convey who they are.  It is like Halting Hex said.  It is maddening not to know half the names because they all sound alike or not know how to spell them or both.  They should subtitle these people's names on the show like they do on The Amazing Race.

I had no idea it was spelled "Faysal."  I thought it was maybe Feisel or Fezial or something like that.  (I like Messy Fessy a lot, thanks).

And half the women's names are all the same.  Hayseed seemed to be better than typing in Hay-whoever all the time because the "seed" reminds me she is from that ranch in Texas because even if I knew her real name and how to spell it I still wouldn't know who she is.  I swear ever post I read here that has one of these mind-numbing actual names spelled correctly I have to stop for more than a few seconds and go through my memory to try and figure out which one people are talking about.  But if people want Hay-whoever instead, fine.

Edited by green
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

In Silicon Valley, tech startups are renown for their "tech-bro" culture, so I bet the San Brosé thing had already been planned, knowing they always cast a few bros anyway. You can't swing a dead cat in the Bay Area without hitting a posse of dudebros, so I thought it was right on point. 

I thought the “San BROse” name was just because it’s Big Brother.

@green, I’m never not calling her “Bayleaf” now, that was hilarious! Thanks :)

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Did they have to pull themselves up, though?  And if so how could they with alphabet blocks in their hands?  I thought production lowered them up and down all at the same time, but their spelling and ability to find and hold the right letters and balance them (and maybe keep from swaying around a lot somehow) were the deciding factors.  

They were, if memory serves, kind of yo-yoing up and down automatically. There was quite a few total topple-overs that set people back having to start over. The cubes were squishy enough you could grab a few at a time but the up and down and tendancy to get unbalanced made it difficult.

• Love 2

I just realized that we're done with Pride Month and we got through with having Kaycee spend an entire week (two, really, since "Week 1" always runs long) in a rainbow unitard…and yet the aired episodes have yet to acknowledge that she's an out lesbian.  JC mentioned he was gay in his intro segment, but nothing on Kaycee.

I mean, I don't need to see her showmancing Angela or Rachel or whoever (even if the other was bi-curious), but for her to be effectively rendered invisible in this way while Foutté are climbing all over each other grates a little.  But JMO.

• Love 2