Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Arrest and Relaxation

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Help me understand. Why would it have been weasely for Dorinda to try to curry favor with Bethenny? 

Now Ramona is sidling up to Carole, Bethenny is trying to curry favor with Sonja and Lu, who she has been horrid to in the past.

I do absolutely agree with you that Dorinda has a problem with Sonja. It may stem from the Page Six reports that Sonja allegedly initiated. 

Because attempting to curry favor with someone is a weasely act, in and of itself. 

Bethenny showed up as the big cheese that year and Dorinda chose her (a stranger) over Sonja (if that's the reason she chose to exclude Sonja, which I m not even sure I believe). But if that's true, that, to me, is the very definition of weasely -- tossing an old friend aside to ingratiate yourself to the shiny new person.

I think the Dorinda-Beth and Beth-Sonja situations are different. Sonja and Bethenny have a long-standing on again, off again relationship, so the two aren't really the same to me.  Actually I don't think Bethenny is trying to curry favor with anyone -- personally, I she thinks too much of herself to feel the need to ever do so.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 6
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Jel said:

Because attempting to curry favor with someone is a weasely act, in and of itself. 

Bethenny showed up as the big cheese that year and Dorinda chose her (a stranger) over Sonja (if that's the reason she chose to exclude Sonja, which I m not even sure I believe). But if that's true, that, to me, is the very definition of weasely -- tossing an old friend aside to ingratiate yourself to the shiny new person.

I think the Dorinda-Beth and Beth-Sonja situations are different. Sonja and Bethenny have a long-standing on again, off again relationship, so the two aren't really the same to me.  Actually I don't think Bethenny is trying to curry favor with anyone -- personally, I she thinks too much of herself to feel the need to ever do so.

Curry Favor - to seek to gain favor by flattery or attention.

To me, it appears that Bethenny is trying to gain favor from Sonja and Lu because she is not very well liked by any of the others and she needs them to film scenes with her. Suddenly Bethenny NEEDS someone. She is not used to that.

Her sudden defending Lu and Sonja does not appear organic or natural to me. It seems contrived.

It's just a matter of time before Bethenny turns on Sonja and Lu again. She doesn't have a great track record when it comes to relationships. She is just so extreme.

She drives people away, sort of like Brandi Glanville does. She can't help herself. It's actually sad and I think that she is aware of this.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 16
53 minutes ago, Jel said:

Bethenny came back to the show Dorinda's fist season on the show and they hit it off without any problems. The disinvite happened their 2nd year on the show and they, Bethenny/Dorinda, had spent time together off camera during the summer so there wasn't any need for Dorinda to "curry favor" from Bethenny, none. As for Bethenny/Sonja's relationship, there wasn't any after Bethenny left the HW show, so for years Bethenny had nothing to do with Sonja at all and she had almost nothing to do with Sonja her first season back on the show. 

This season, Bethenny has admitted to being paranoid because she isn't close to anyone (Carole) this season so she needs Sonja to back her up. In other words, it is Bethenny that is currying favor from Sonja. LOL

• Love 10
(edited)
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

it is Bethenny that is currying favor from Sonja. LOL

I bet that Bethenny never, in a million years, would have foreseen this. TWIST!!

I wonder how many toaster ovens Bethenny owns now.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Curry Favor - to seek to gain favor by flattery or attention.

To me, it appears that Bethenny is trying to gain favor from Sonja and Lu because she is not very well liked by any of the others and she needs them to film scenes with her. Suddenly Bethenny NEEDS someone. She is not used to that.

Her sudden defending Lu and Sonja does not appear organic or natural to me. It seems contrived.

It's just a matter of time before Bethenny turns on Sonja and Lu again. She doesn't have a great track record when it comes to relationships. She is just so extreme.

She drives people away, sort of like Brandi Glanville does. She can't help herself. It's actually sad and I think that she is aware of this.

(You first asked me, "Why would it have been weasely for Dorinda to try to curry favor with Bethenny?" )

Yes, that's the definition I'm working with too.  Being "nice" with an agenda.  It's not flattery or attention because one genuinely feels purely sincere admiration for someone, rather there's a self-serving, dishonest component, hence the weaseliness. 

Dorinda's attempt to curry favor with Bethenny by choosing to invite her over Sonja was weasely. *  (I remember Sonja being really upset that Dorinda wasn't inviting her, asking her to reconsider and Dori giving her some bs "I'm doing it for your own good" answer.  Dorinda does some quick math and determines that big shot Bethenny as an ally can bring her more than can Sonja as an ally. Dorinda chooses Bethenny.  IMO)

I think Bethenny has always liked Sonja.  She was angry with her over the Tipsy Girl thing, but other than that I don't recall her ever disliking Sonja.  She didn't hang out with her one on one (that I saw anyway) but up until recently, Ramona had been Sonja's BFF on the show, so that spot was taken anyway.

Maybe the Lu-Sonja-Bethenny alliance is one of convenience, or it's accidental or maybe hearts and minds have changed.  Lu is more likable to me lately. Maybe Beth feels the same way? But in no scenario do I see it as Bethenny attempting to curry favor with Sonja or Lu -- I don't think Beth is a person who feels the need to suck up to anyone, rather she thinks she's the one who should be kissed up to. Maybe it's a subtle difference, but it's a significant one to me.

*Why apply this only to Dorinda and not Bethenny? Because it's Dorinda (not Bethenny) who goes out of her way to tell us how nice she is, what a great friend she is, what a great hostess she is, how she makes things nice.  She seems very invested in having people think she's nice, but you aren't really nice when you're going for the jugular on the regular.  Bethenny, on the other hand, does not seem at all interested in people thinking she's "nice". 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Jel said:

(You first asked me, "Why would it have been weasely for Dorinda to try to curry favor with Bethenny?" )

Yes, that's the definition I'm working with too.  Being "nice" with an agenda.  It's not flattery or attention because one genuinely feels purely sincere admiration for someone, rather there's a self-serving, dishonest component, hence the weaseliness. 

Dorinda's attempt to curry favor with Bethenny by choosing to invite her over Sonja was weasely. *  (I remember Sonja being really upset that Dorinda wasn't inviting her, asking her to reconsider and Dori giving her some bs "I'm doing it for your own good" answer.  Dorinda does some quick math and determines that big shot Bethenny as an ally can bring her more than can Sonja as an ally. Dorinda chooses Bethenny.  IMO)

I think Bethenny has always liked Sonja.  She was angry with her over the Tipsy Girl thing, but other than that I don't recall her ever disliking Sonja.  She didn't hang out with her one on one (that I saw anyway) but up until recently, Ramona had been Sonja's BFF on the show, so that spot was taken anyway.

Maybe the Lu-Sonja-Bethenny alliance is one of convenience, or it's accidental or maybe hearts and minds have changed.  Lu is more likable to me lately. Maybe Beth feels the same way? But in no scenario do I see it as Bethenny attempting to curry favor with Sonja or Lu -- I don't think Beth is a person who feels the need to suck up to anyone, rather she thinks she's the one who should be kissed up to. Maybe it's a subtle difference, but it's a significant one to me.

*Why apply this only to Dorinda and not Bethenny? Because it's Dorinda (not Bethenny) who goes out of her way to tell us how nice she is, what a great friend she is, what a great hostess she is, how she makes things nice.  She seems very invested in having people think she's nice, but you aren't really nice when you're going for the jugular on the regular.  Bethenny, on the other hand, does not seem at all interested in people thinking she's "nice". 

Jel, that was a very well written post. I appreciate your response and I respect your opinion. I just see things differently.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Jel, that was a very well written post. I appreciate your response and I respect your opinion. I just see things differently.

Thanks Happy Camper! What can you and I do besides our best to make our points. It's neither of our fault's if the other person refuses to see reason, amirite!? ;)

(Dammit, I should have used my hypno watch)  ;)

• Love 8

I've said it before, but Bethenny has been weirdly close to Sonja ever since she returned to the show.  It was notable, especially because they didn't seem to interact all that much in season 3 (but Sonja was fresh and new then, and Bethenny was dealing with Jill and Kelly), but Bethenny has also been much more arms-length about Ramona since her return, so maybe she at first was happy to gravitate toward a familiar, neutral-friendly face.  

That's why Tipsy Girl really pissed Bethenny off - she'd spent what, 2 seasons trying to help Sonja straighten out her life?  So yes, Bethenny refused to interact with Sonja, but Dorinda chose to prioritize Bethenny.  She didn't need to - she could have chosen a weekend when B had Brynn, and so B could opt out and Sonja could come and everyone would be happy.  But this was also the time when everyone was saying that Sonja was a sloppy, dangerous drunk with massive delusions of grandeur, so I don't really think Dorinda thought twice about it.  (Given all that happened that weekend, she might have regretted her choice after the fact!)

But that weekend was also a turning point for Lu-Bethenny (B seemed to regard Luann with a stunned sort of respect after Luann did not cut B off forevermore, and she's taken care to not eviscerate Luann quite like that again) and Dorinda-Bethenny (Dorinda expects that any drama that happens is Bethenny's fault, and that contemptuous wariness is still happening this season).

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

On this July 4th, reading this comment, I was struck by how much stronger we would be, as a society, if we all could adopt this reaction to divergent opinions.  Well done (and good job by the mods who work to keep the threads civil).

(steps down from soap box...)

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 18
(edited)

Bravo loves the constant love/hate reaction Bethenny gets and that explains why she has so much camera time and makes the most money.

In Reality TVLand the HW who generates the most buzz wins. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Jel said:

Thanks Happy Camper! What can you and I do besides our best to make our points. It's neither of our fault's if the other person refuses to see reason, amirite!? ;)

(Dammit, I should have used my hypno watch)  ;)

Ha Ha. I actually had to look that up. You are too funny! :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Bravo loves the constant love/hate reaction Bethenny gets and that explains why she has so much camera time and makes the most money.

In Reality TVLand the HW who generates the most buzz wins. 

Actually that isn't true. Case in point, Brandi (BH), she created the most viewer chatter but was fired for being so caustic that no one wanted to film with her and IMO, Bethenny is getting closer to that level. Right now, her only ally is Sonja and I don't see that lasting too long, Bethenny can only take Sonja's fantasy life for so long before she hits the roof. As for creating buzz on the show, that title would be Luann's for the last 3 seasons, not Bethenny. Also, we really don't know how much any of them earn, including Bethenny, any amount said is nothing more than speculation. And I can see Bethenny willing to take a lesser paycheck because the show helps her keep her SG line in the forefront. 

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Actually that isn't true. Case in point, Brandi (BH), she created the most viewer chatter but was fired for being so caustic that no one wanted to film with her and IMO, Bethenny is getting closer to that level. Right now, her only ally is Sonja and I don't see that lasting too long, Bethenny can only take Sonja's fantasy life for so long before she hits the roof. As for creating buzz on the show, that title would be Luann's for the last 3 seasons, not Bethenny. Also, we really don't know how much any of them earn, including Bethenny, any amount said is nothing more than speculation. And I can see Bethenny willing to take a lesser paycheck because the show helps her keep her SG line in the forefront. 

I believe Kim generated more chatter than Brandi.   Neither Kim nor Brandi were ever fan favorites.  They were usually drunk/doped up and a potential liability for Bravo.  That's a far cry from Bethenny's situation and persona.   Opinions may vary but Bethenny remains the main topic of conversation. She may be polarizing but she's still a fan favorite so I stand by my statement.   

"Bravo loves the constant love/hate reaction Bethenny gets and that explains why she has so much camera time and makes the most money.    In Reality TVLand the HW who generates the most buzz wins." 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I believe Kim generated more chatter than Brandi.   Neither Kim nor Brandi were ever fan favorites.  They were usually drunk/doped up and a potential liability for Bravo.  That's a far cry from Bethenny's situation and persona.   Opinions may vary but Bethenny remains the main topic of conversation. She may be polarizing but she's still a fan favorite so I stand by my statement.   

Bethenny continues to be a big poll winner.  Brandi never had that and Kim was just a very scared liability between her drunken behavior, arrests and dangerous dog situation.  Bethenny is someone that a lot of people like.  Sometimes when you view these things through the rarified lense of this board you might not think so.  But Bravo is looking at a lot more than a small handful of prolific posters.

I do remember one of the things that started popping up on Brandi was that DVRs were FF when she was on screen.  So I started to do that to.  I know Xfinity and Tivo do collect that data so if someone buys it what they would see is at 15:10 people FF for 45 seconds.  Then they look at the episode to see if it was bad language, a commercial or Brandi!

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I do remember one of the things that started popping up on Brandi was that DVRs were FF when she was on screen.  So I started to do that to.  I know Xfinity and Tivo do collect that data so if someone buys it what they would see is at 15:10 people FF for 45 seconds.  Then they look at the episode to see if it was bad language, a commercial or Brandi!

I didn’t know that.....fascinating!

• Love 5

Don’t get me wrong, I love Luann and she’s had the limelight for three years, BUT, I’d rather be a smart, rich, smartass businesswoman like Bethenny than a drunkard FELON who was in the clinker, any day.  That’s all.

• Love 5

God forbid Bethenny was found in a room with a guy, got arrested, resisted the arrest, threatened a cop, slammed the door on the cop’s hand or wherever, put in a cell all night .. she’s be crucified.  Luann got off easy, was practically celebrated and treated to a spa weekend as a welcome home gift.  So, Bethenny got a divorce, goes out with a guy who’s not divorced yet, and has a big mouth.  Geeze, let me think .. which scenario would I choose?

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love Luann and she’s had the limelight for three years, BUT, I’d rather be a smart, rich, smartass businesswoman like Bethenny than a drunkard FELON who was in the clinker, any day.  That’s all.

Bethenny is smart and a successful "business woman" but she is a lonely bitter woman getting more bitter as the days pass. Her only soft spot is Bryn IMO, which is why she is doing all the very public charity work, she knows she needs to show more than her bitter nasty side to the world and Bryn isn't allowed on camera.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny is smart and a successful "business woman" but she is a lonely bitter woman getting more bitter as the days pass. Her only soft spot is Bryn IMO, which is why she is doing all the very public charity work, she knows she needs to show more than her bitter nasty side to the world and Bryn isn't allowed on camera.

All of them are lonely .. some bitter.  Sonja, lonely, Ramona, lonely, liar and nuts.  Luann, drinker and sleeps with just about anybody .. Dorinda, Alcoholic, bitter, maniac .. Carole, lonely but won’t admit it.  Tinsley, I don’t know what the hell.  And, most of them go out with the same losers that hang out at the Regency.  I wouldn’t trade lives with any one of them, LOL.  The only one of the bunch I would hang with is Bethenny, LMAO.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

All of them are lonely .. some bitter.  Sonja, lonely, Ramona, lonely, liar and nuts.  Luann, drinker and sleeps with just about anybody .. Dorinda, Alcoholic, bitter, maniac .. Carole, lonely but won’t admit it.  Tinsley, I don’t know what the hell.  And, most of them go out with the same losers that hang out at the Regency.  I wouldn’t trade lives with any one of them, LOL.  The only one of the bunch I would hang with is Bethenny, LMAO.

I would have loved the 4th with her.  She and a crew went from beach bar to beach bar sampling the booze, food and vibe.   Lots of hysterical snaps at a place that Bethenny described as age inappropriate.  A lot of 20 somethings in very cute bikinis and six pack abs.  One woman came up to Bethenny so she could get a better snap of her suit.  Looked like a fun day.

I figure her q rating is still up there since she was the housewife that went to Australia to do the pole dance for this season being available simultaneously.

So yeah, they’re all a little bitter, a little lonely, it fluctuates to who is more what when.  It’s what make the franchise.

And for folks keeping up on Bethenny’s dark circles she was make up free this morning and pretty pleased that sleep and yoga had improved them.  

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

No, the others have friends, real friends that they see regularly and ones that aren't associated with the show or their employees, except for Bethenny that is. I would not hang with any of them real life but least of all Bethenny. I enjoy having conservations and Bethenny doesn't listen, she isn't interested in anyone outside of Bryn. her employees, and herself. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

All of them are lonely .. some bitter.  Sonja, lonely, Ramona, lonely, liar and nuts.  Luann, drinker and sleeps with just about anybody .. Dorinda, Alcoholic, bitter, maniac .. Carole, lonely but won’t admit it.  Tinsley, I don’t know what the hell.  And, most of them go out with 

No, the others have friends, real friends that they see regularly and ones that aren't associated with the show or their employees, except for Bethenny that is. I would not hang with any of them real life but least of all Bethenny. I enjoy having conservations and Bethenny doesn't listen, she isn't interested in anyone outside of Bryn. her employees, and herself. 

Eh .. friends, schmends, lol.   Bet Ramona and Sonya don’t have friends.  More like acquaintances.  As for Beth, how does anybody know if she has friends or not.   Even if she doesn’t have friends, so what.  Some people don’t need a bunch of friends.  She has Dennis to keep her warm and listen to.  For now anyhow.  Plus, Jill Zarin would just love to be her friend right about now.  And, Beth has Andy .. he’s a good friend.  Lol.

• Love 5
(edited)

If I had to choose, I would hang out with Lu. I think she would be a hoot. I think she has interesting and fun friends. 

What I love about her is she falls into a pile of shit and always comes out smelling like a rose. She is so resilient. Her shows look like so much fun and I have read countless (see what I just did there) posts from people that went to her (sold out) shows and said that she was amazing!

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 18
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

If I had to choose, I would hang out with Lu. I think she would be a hoot. I think she has interesting and fun friends. 

What I love about her is she falls into a pile of shit and always comes out smelling like a rose. She is so resilient. Her shows look like so much fun and I have read countless (see what I just did there) posts from people that went to her (sold out) shows and said that she was amazing!

I would hang out with Lu too.  I really like her positive attitude towards life.  You also rarely see her berate the other ladies.

I also think Carole seems to have some very genuine friends.  Not sure why some say she is lonely.  I would love to hang out with her and talk about everything. ?

I think Beth would be fun to hang out with.....all that $$$$$ and all.  She also is very witty.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I would hang out with Lu too.  I really like her positive attitude towards life.  You also rarely see her berate the other ladies.

I also think Carole seems to have some very genuine friends.  Not sure why some say she is lonely.  I would love to hang out with her and talk about everything. ?

I think Beth would be fun to hang out with.....all that $$$$$ and all.  She also is very witty.

I’d hang out with any of them also, and I still love Lu.  Just heard that the Count was at her show with their kids, and then went back to her house in the Hamptons.   Is he still married to the Princess?  Hmmm, maybe not.  Could there be hope for them again?  I wonder.  BTW, I also think Carole is lonely without Adam .. just my opinion.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’d hang out with any of them also, and I still love Lu.  Just heard that the Count was at her show with their kids, and then went back to her house in the Hamptons.   Is he still married to the Princess?  Hmmm, maybe not.  Could there be hope for them again?  I wonder.  BTW, I also think Carole is lonely without Adam .. just my opinion.

That’s great to hear the Count supported Lu.  With what she just went through, I am sure that meant a lot.

I’m sure Carole misses Adam, but that doesn’t make her lonely.  I believe she leads a very full life with nice friends.  I would like to see Carole and Beth repair their friendship....I don’t think Dorinda will let that happen though.  She’s been stirring the shit pretty hard this season and I think she is happy things aren’t ok between them.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

That’s great to hear the Count supported Lu.  With what she just went through, I am sure that meant a lot.

I’m sure Carole misses Adam, but that doesn’t make her lonely.  I believe she leads a very full life with nice friends.  I would like to see Carole and Beth repair their friendship....I don’t think Dorinda will let that happen though.  She’s been stirring the shit pretty hard this season and I think she is happy things aren’t ok between them.

Who knows.  Friends today .. enemies tomorrow, and visa versa.  Only the producers know.  We only know what we see.  (I’m sounding like Dorinda) with the sayings. Lol.  God forbid.

• Love 3
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Who knows.  Friends today .. enemies tomorrow, and visa versa.  Only the producers know.  We only know what we see.  (I’m sounding like Dorinda) with the sayings. Lol.  God forbid.

God forbid is right!   If there's anyone I wouldn't want to sound like, it's Slurinda.

We can speculate who is friends with whom but we can't be sure.    We know what they tell us and what we read in the gossip columns.   Even the pictures that they post can't be believed. They could post pictures with whoever just for publicity.  Remember years ago before gay men felt they could come out?    Movie stars like Rock Hudson were seen out and about with glamorous starlets.   People believed what they saw but it wasn't real. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, AnnA said:

God forbid is right!   If there's anyone I wouldn't want to sound like, it's Slurinda.

We can speculate who is friends with whom but we can't be sure.    We know what they tell us and what we read in the gossip columns.   Even pictures that they post can't be believed. They could post pictures with whoever just for publicity. Remember years ago before gay men felt they could come out?    Movie stars like Rock Hudson were seen out and about with glamorous starlets.   People believed what they saw but it wasn't real. 

The only thing I can believe are those hideous green rag-mop earrings that Carole wore that someone posted which came in white also, hahaha.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

The only thing I can believe are those hideous green rag-mop earrings that Carole wore that someone posted which came in white also, hahaha.

Hmm?   I have no idea who posted those pictures.   LOL

31 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

That’s one thing I love about Carole.....she doesn’t give a damn what people think.  She dresses as she pleases.  

She has those earrings on in a clip of their upcoming trip.  I’m no better, yesterday I wore a very tacky 4th of July necklace at a family bbq.  I love theme items.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

All of them are lonely .. some bitter.  Sonja, lonely, Ramona, lonely, liar and nuts.  Luann, drinker and sleeps with just about anybody .. Dorinda, Alcoholic, bitter, maniac .. Carole, lonely but won’t admit it.  Tinsley, I don’t know what the hell.  And, most of them go out with 

Eh .. friends, schmends, lol.   Bet Ramona and Sonya don’t have friends.  More like acquaintances.  As for Beth, how does anybody know if she has friends or not.   Even if she doesn’t have friends, so what.  Some people don’t need a bunch of friends.  She has Dennis to keep her warm and listen to.  For now anyhow.  Plus, Jill Zarin would just love to be her friend right about now.  And, Beth has Andy .. he’s a good friend.  Lol.

They all say that Ramona has the most friends, real friends, that she sees all the time. Sonja, I think most of her "friends" live in Europe, she seems to spend most of her summers there with them. Luann has friends as well, we have met a few and we know that Dorinda has friends from Luann and Ramona, who knew her before she joined the show. Carole also has a lot of friends, on both coasts, and spends lots of time with them when not filming. Tinsley, I suspect that she is hyper focused on Scott, so much so that she doesn't spend much time with girlfriends sans Scott. As for Bethenny, most of her friends, a few as they are, seem to live out of state and she spends very little time with them. As for her "Shields, he must not be all interested in her because even though they have been dating for close to 2 years now, he has yet to even file for divorce from his legal wife. Also, I don't know that JillZ wants to spend much time with Bethenny and we know from B's statements in interviews and on WWHL, that she isn't friends or even friendly with Jill, she just isn't "angry" with her anymore. Oh, and Andy would throw her under a bus in a heart beat if he could make a buck on it, so I don't think they are THAT close. LOL

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I don't think he married the Princess, just got engaged to her for a short time. 

1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

I suspect that Carole puts a lot of stock into "loyalty", much like Bethenny does, and once you betray her, she will never trust you or be close to you again and Bethenny betrayed her big time in Carole's mind/opinion/eyes.

7 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

That’s one thing I love about Carole.....she doesn’t give a damn what people think.  She dresses as she pleases.  

She has those earrings on in a clip of their upcoming trip.  I’m no better, yesterday I wore a very tacky 4th of July necklace at a family bbq.  I love theme items.

I design/make high end jewelry and those earrings are IN fashion again. It's not something I like but I know people that love them and have had me make for them. Peacock feathers are a big feather choice for that style earing. LOL

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

So did I.  Earrings, necklace and a firecracker tank top. Lol.  I even helped set off the firecrackers.  I held the punk.

• Love 2
On 7/3/2018 at 9:59 AM, WireWrap said:

Very true, we didn't know about her issues because she was new but both of her tirades against Heather should have been a giant neon warning sign as both came out of nowhere over nothing! I suspected back then that she went after Heather to curry favor from Bethenny because Bethenny went after Heather from the jump.

I agree, Bethenny could care less about Sonja, she even tweeted that she "threw Sonja a bone" this season because she felt the others were "trying" to isolate her. Which is rich coming from the 1 HW that truly did isolate Sonja just a couple of seasons ago! LOL

I remember being absolutely floored by her behavior, but quickly got over it in the first season. The smartest thing she ever did was to stop filming so much with her boyfriend. During the cocaine season,  seeing how he is, that really changed my mind about her. Anyone who could be with someone like him,  and defending him,  excusing him for his skeeviness with what's her name,  the model who had a husband on that dating site, and then left -- sober even,  is f'd up. I thought that showed who she is as clear as anything.

I do tend to reset for all the women of NY at the beginning of the year,  but they always end up showing their asses,  one way or another. Even Tinsley,  who I don't see as cruel or awful,  had her hysterionics at the beginning of the season,  falling to the floor when her boyfriend came,  and it reminded me that she's a desperate stalker. 

• Love 2

Well, money doesn't buy you class or happiness.  And if your beloved dog is dying and you go on social media for advice as to what to do.....  You're pretty miserable ...and screwed up and without 'friends'.  Doesn't a normal person call a friend or family member?  Or...just be an adult and google the nearest animal hospital?  I think that is the proof that Beth doesn't 'have' anyone...  and why is that?  

Dennis?  The guy is 'still' married. 

• Love 12
On 7/4/2018 at 9:27 AM, ancslove said:

I've said it before, but Bethenny has been weirdly close to Sonja ever since she returned to the show.  It was notable, especially because they didn't seem to interact all that much in season 3 (but Sonja was fresh and new then, and Bethenny was dealing with Jill and Kelly), but Bethenny has also been much more arms-length about Ramona since her return, so maybe she at first was happy to gravitate toward a familiar, neutral-friendly face.  

That's why Tipsy Girl really pissed Bethenny off - she'd spent what, 2 seasons trying to help Sonja straighten out her life?  So yes, Bethenny refused to interact with Sonja, but Dorinda chose to prioritize Bethenny.  She didn't need to - she could have chosen a weekend when B had Brynn, and so B could opt out and Sonja could come and everyone would be happy.  But this was also the time when everyone was saying that Sonja was a sloppy, dangerous drunk with massive delusions of grandeur, so I don't really think Dorinda thought twice about it.  (Given all that happened that weekend, she might have regretted her choice after the fact!)

But that weekend was also a turning point for Lu-Bethenny (B seemed to regard Luann with a stunned sort of respect after Luann did not cut B off forevermore, and she's taken care to not eviscerate Luann quite like that again) and Dorinda-Bethenny (Dorinda expects that any drama that happens is Bethenny's fault, and that contemptuous wariness is still happening this season).

Wow.  I think you've hit it. Everyone abandons Bethany,  after she goes Bethany on them,  but here is The Countess, who could not have been more condescending if she'd tried to Bethany the first few years, letting bygones be bygones. Carole turned on her at the first fight,  and B hadn't even scratched at how awful she can be to Carole. Even though I don't have that soul deep hate of B that some have,  I do know she is often horrible. It spins the LuAnne relationship different for me. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, AnnA said:

carole mirror mirror.jpg

It looks like both of the photos were taken during their upcoming "girls trip" to Columbia and if so, then maybe she is dressing to the Columbian style.

10 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Wow.  I think you've hit it. Everyone abandons Bethany,  after she goes Bethany on them,  but here is The Countess, who could not have been more condescending if she'd tried to Bethany the first few years, letting bygones be bygones. Carole turned on her at the first fight,  and B hadn't even scratched at how awful she can be to Carole. Even though I don't have that soul deep hate of B that some have,  I do know she is often horrible. It spins the LuAnne relationship different for me. 

IMO, that is a positive reflection on Luann, not Bethenny. Had anyone ever dared to talk to Bethenny the way she did Luann, per her own words, she would never talk to/be around that person again. Luann is a live and let live person for the most part, just don't hurt any member of her family (Victoria/Carole) and even then, she will forgive/move on. 

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It looks like both of the photos were taken during their upcoming "girls trip" to Columbia and if so, then maybe she is dressing to the Columbian style.

IMO, that is a positive reflection on Luann, not Bethenny. Had anyone ever dared to talk to Bethenny the way she did Luann, per her own words, she would never talk to/be around that person again. Luann is a live and let live person for the most part, just don't hurt any member of her family (Victoria/Carole) and even then, she will forgive/move on. 

I agree about LuAnne. I wasn't trying to infer a positive or negative connotation about B,  but a poignant one.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I agree about LuAnne. I wasn't trying to infer a positive or negative connotation about B,  but a poignant one.

Ok, I get what you are saying but I still think Luann has shown Bethenny more compassion/support than Bethenny has ever shown her.

And I forgot to mention this to your post...…….As for Carole, I don't think Carole turned on her after their first fight and I believe that Carole meant it when she told Bethenny she loved her and wanted to forget the fight and move on but Bethenny shut her out instead. They were to travel to the spa together but Bethenny changed the plans without telling Carole, then Bethenny refused to sit next to Carole at the spa dinner and she didn't talk to Carole at all. Bethenny's the one holding Carole at arms length as if Carole was been the one talking smack about Bethenny when it is really the other way around. LOL

• Love 9
On 7/3/2018 at 1:44 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Just getting in here 

{{waves}} ?? hi mirror

@Alonzo Mosely FBI I’m so sorry.  I meant to question your comment not attack you for saying it.  Please accept my sincere apology? 

I can place nicely with others I swear.  

Um is too soon to ask what Beth’s last name should be? ?

@ZaldamoWilder I think you are brillz! And the cats pajamas! You rock all of the things including the posts that do not share my world view of RHONY. Keep on truckin'.

6 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Well, money doesn't buy you class or happiness.  And if your beloved dog is dying and you go on social media for advice as to what to do.....  You're pretty miserable ...and screwed up and without 'friends'.  Doesn't a normal person call a friend or family member?  Or...just be an adult and google the nearest animal hospital?  I think that is the proof that Beth doesn't 'have' anyone...  and why is that?  

People with Bethennys money can have a vet helicoptered out from the city in the blink of an eye! It is unconscionable that Bethenny doesn't have a great vet at the ready established near her home(s). It is one of my biggest pet peeves w pet owners. Know a vet before you need one.  I know pets who have dentists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, physical therapists, in addition to their general care vet. Bethenny can afford to be in this category.

Also, her dad, with horse racing knew literally dozens of vets in NY between Belmont & Saratoga.  One phone call to her dads connections that she still has and oh yes she does, could hv got cookie relief . Insta got Bethenny relief while her "beloved" dog SUFFERED. 

• Love 14
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Is it possible that the reason she posted on SM is to access "the hive mind" -- ie maybe someone out there knows something that will be helpful? I love my dog and I am feeling panicky and desperate and am trying to cast as wide a net as possible? 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

People with Bethennys money can have a vet helicoptered out from the city in the blink of an eye! It is unconscionable that Bethenny doesn't have a great vet at the ready established near her home(s). It is one of my biggest pet peeves w pet owners. Know a vet before you need one.  I know pets who have dentists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, physical therapists, in addition to their general care vet. Bethenny can afford to be in this category.

That video was horrifying to me. The poor dog was suffering and all she could do was video the episode?  Not just video but post it publicly... and with her little daughter present? No excuse for that. That just showed me all I need to know about Bethenny Frankel.

Sickening.

Even if one of my favourite housewives had done that I would have been horrified. Actually if one of my beloved family members had done that I would have been horrified. 

She is so damned addicted to social media it is beyond....she is Kardashian level thirsty and placing her pet in that position? Just irresponsible and made me feel so sad for poor Cookie.

36 minutes ago, Jel said:

Is it possible that the reason she posted on SM is to access "the hive mind" -- ie maybe someone out there knows something that will be helpful? I love my dog and I am feeling panicky and desperate and am trying to cast as wide a net as possible? 

I don't think so, Jel. That was a real live emergency situation which called for real live action/response. You get in your car and drive your pet to a 24 hour vet. 

I have to wonder if Bethenny was drinking and couldn't drive or why else would she not have responded appropriately?

For those who have the opinion that talking about Bethenny makes her a winner...um this type of publicity proves that maybe not so much. 

She may be much discussed, but the disgust is not a good thing for her at all.

ETA: Anyhow, I don't know how to take this to the Bethenny board. Can someone please help me to move this to the Bethenny board?

Oh, and Tinsley is awful for trying on wedding dresses?

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 10
50 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I have to wonder if Bethenny was drinking and couldn't drive or why else would she not have responded appropriately?

Then she could have called an emergency concierge vet. She has the money. I have seen people on PTV that have even called for “at home euthanasia” when their dear pet is suffering and it’s “time” to let go.  

If she was drinking and couldn’t respond to Cookie’s needs, then what would she have done if something happened to Brynn? 

• Love 11
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

If she was drinking and couldn’t respond to Cookie’s needs, then what would she have done if something happened to Brynn? 

I was wondering the same thing, but was hesitant to say out loud. If I were Jason, I would definitely be concerned about this lack of judgement/lack of critical thinking ability. Seriously concerned.

Yes we are discussing Bethenny again, but definitely not an indication that she is a winner. In fact...quite the opposite. 

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

she is a winner.

She is a winner in her bank account and business and hopefully motherhood. She is a loser in many other aspects of her life and that is sad. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jel said:
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Is it possible that the reason she posted on SM is to access "the hive mind"

Nope

Going to the "hive" is a monumental waste of time.

No way to prove that the hives' suggestions are valid or helpful.

Calling a vet would have been the only valid thing to do.

The emergency scene with cookie should have been without an audience

period