Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19 Doug LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, aliya said:

Yeah, the 3 graphic design people I know all went to college, have portfolios, do work for small groups like church groups to keep their hand in, etc.

Also if he really went to work at a design firm, I can guarantee (from personal experience) that the client might say he's failed in not delivering the concept they were wanting.  Maybe not so much stress in the world of t-shirt design...

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Please, oh please tell me it doesn't mean that TLC is planning a third installment of the James K and Hell Spawn Lisa shit show sainte-chapelle!

I would love to get my gasoline soaked drawers and ride the bus to hell watching that mess , upon arrival I will be welcomed my Steven screaming " this is the Devil's playground. Wanna come? 

• Love 6

I'm late, but hey y'all! My eating habit is nonexistent tonight. It'll probably be junk food. Sorry, Dr. Now.

I'm glad his wife is joining him in losing weight, but if he can't take her eating occasional carbs, he's doomed. 

• Love 9

Yay, they both hit their goals! Anybody notice that Ashley and the office assistant that initially greets Dr. Now's patient kinda look alike?

Whoa there Doug, that excess skin near your crotch looked like an extra nutsack! 

• Love 5
Just now, Ivylady said:

I'm late, but hey y'all! My eating habit is nonexistent tonight. It'll probably be junk food. Sorry, Dr. Now.

I'm glad his wife is joining him in losing weight, but if he can't take her eating occasional carbs, he's doomed. 

Yeah, continuing success means being able to watch other people eat things and knowing they aren’t a part of your eating habit.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Graphic design is such an over saturated field where I am from.  I wrk in the Art and so many young people are desperate for steady employment in the field.

Definitely not a field for thin-skinned emotional Doug.  He wouldn't last a day.

• Love 9
Just now, Smoothcoat said:

Ashley’s goal is 175?? That’s still really very overweight. 

It’s downright obese for me, my goal is 127.  But it depends on her height and how much excess skin she has too considering she started around 300 pounds when she had her surgery.

• Love 5
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Guys, I'm dying here. Of BOREDOM.

I got up and made an omelet halfway through this episode, this is one where you can watch from the other room and not miss much. When I turned on this episode I caught the tail end of James' and he and his girlfriend still made my blood boil. So maybe Doug is a good cool down...

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Nudge me if I fall asleep.  Is Dr. Now slurring his words?  Having trouble understanding him a bit before he went into surgery.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

How long did it take for Doug to lose the 79 pounds? I wasn't paying attention.

Hey Giant Misfit! It was two months. BTW, you are being very naughty tonight, heh heh. Don't worry, I have your well-soaked gasoline saturated drawers right here!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

PREACH. Highlights so far: Doug's clean house and Doug's severed flesh splayed out in the OR.

Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

9 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

How long did it take for Doug to lose the 79 pounds? I wasn't paying attention.

Hey Giant Misfit! It was two months. BTW, you are being very naughty tonight, heh heh. Don't worry, I have your well-soaked gasoline saturated drawers right here!

Heyyyy @DC Gal in VA! I jest to amuse myself enough to stay awake!

Just now, zoemom said:

Ashley is going to have to find a new Mr, Mom for a couple of months....

The way Dr. Now is talking I think we might have some trouble here still......

We can only hope.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I got up and made an omelet halfway through this episode, this is one where you can watch from the other room and not miss much. When I turned on this episode I caught the tail end of James' and he and his girlfriend still made my blood boil. So maybe Doug is a good cool down...

Aaaargh, I did the same thing too Armchair Critic and had the same reaction. I know they make for great snark, but I'll be okay with never seeing those two on my tv ever again.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, zoemom said:

Ashley is going to have to find a new Mr, Mom for a couple of months....

The way Dr. Now is talking I think we might have some trouble here still......

Maybe Doug’s Mom can come in and help out. She owes him.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

So two whole hours of Milquetoast Doug and James did not get his own episode? I call shenanigans.

I'm not a tv producer and I don't play on on tv.  Here is my opinion on James' episode.  I think James and Lisa stopped cooperating and they didn't have enough filmed for two hours.  We didn't see any of their day to day life, other than "exercising" .  We just saw them doing medical things.  I think TLC would have been all over a two hour James if it were possible.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

PREACH. Highlights so far: Doug's clean house and Doug's severed flesh splayed out in the OR.

Hey, there was a bit of drama - the new diet, the pouting (for MONTHS)  over being called a failure. The sould-searching to find out who he was... yeah, fun times that.  <sigh>

• Love 4
1 minute ago, toodles said:

I'm not a tv producer and I don't play on on tv.  Here is my opinion on James' episode.  I think James and Lisa stopped cooperating and they didn't have enough filmed for two hours.  We didn't see any of their day to day life, other than "exercising" .  We just saw them doing medical things.  I think TLC would have been all over a two hour James if it were possible.

That is likely true @toodles the shenanigans were likely caused by Lisa and James.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, DEG9 said:

Hey, there was a bit of drama - the new diet, the pouting (for MONTHS)  over being called a failure. The sould-searching to find out who he was... yeah, fun times that.  <sigh>

So was I right in the opening post?  Is he a man whose goal is to be under 600 pounds?  

• Love 2

Hey y'all! I just checked my guide to make sure this snoozefest was going to end at 10 (it does). But at 10:00 there's a show on called, "My Big Fat Summer" about "obese vacationers" who head to a "plus-size resort." TLC probably used it as an excuse to scout for future participants.