Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, MissBluxom said:

I hadn't thought much about it before. But thank you for your post. I now feel sorry for Sam.

I get so angry when I meet someone who is "damaged" and I find out it's because they were abused one way or another by one or both of their parents.

I could tell you a few stories (but I won't) about people I've met who I consider have had their lives ruined by parents who took out their own unhappiness by abusing their kids.

That’s why I’ve stopped tacking the additional descriptors on as part of her name. I also feel sorry for her because I see someone struggling with what her experiences tell her vs what she’s been told to think about those things. 

I hope she encounters someone in the wild who says the right words that’ll prompt her to begin reevaluating everything she thinks she knows about herself and if it’s really her voice she hears in her head telling her those things are true. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think the casting directors thought she'd be this bubbly Texas sorority girl and weren't expecting that you'll more likely find Hay nerding out over Game of Thrones.

I definitely had her wrong pre-show so I can see why casting made this mistake. Initially I was surprised she didn't gravitate to L6's cool kids vibe, but she doesn't seem to like any of them much lol. She seemed to really connect to RS and Scottie, which was unexpected and one thing (of the few lol) that I really enjoyed this season.

It's funny to me that Kaycee is talking about Haleigh being fake though considering Kaycee is just as fake.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I definitely had her wrong pre-show so I can see why casting made this mistake. Initially I was surprised she didn't gravitate to L6's cool kids vibe, but she doesn't see to like any of them much lol. She seemed to really connect to RS and Scottie, which was unexpected and one thing (of the few lol) that I really enjoyed this season.

It's funny to me that Kaycee is talking about Haleigh being fake though considering Kaycee is just as fake.

Ahhh...but when L6 is fake, it's just gameplay.   Hayliegh is fake because that's who she is...or something like that.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, me5671 said:

I dont know... I certainly think it is possible that the producers take Tyler's HoH away from him.

I expect Production’s time window to do anything regarding Tyler’s HoH win is long past; if they were going to do anything, they should’ve done it before Tyler exercised that HoH power and named his initial Block noms.  Rescinding Tyler’s HoH now could potentially damage his game irrevocably.

17 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

If I was on BB, I doubt I would take my shirt off other than to shower. Seems most of the guys that go on are in great shape and hairless. I'm in okay shape and hairy as hell.

Right there with you - I’m an out-of-shape fuzzy wuzzy myself.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

Earlier Tyler, Brett and Kaycee were talking about how much they can’t stand Haleigh. How she’s really fake and drive her crazy. Most of it was coming from Kaycee. 

Im not really a Haleigh fan and it’s not that I dislike her but she’s just not an exciting HG for me but I feel like we’re not seeing what every other HG is seeing in there. I feel like she’s a very well spoken young lady and seems nice. Makes me wonder what we’re missing about how she’s coming across in the houses.  Kinda feel bad that she’s going to leave and read about how they all felt about her. 

2 hours ago, Ceeg said:

She seems fake to them because she is fake to them. Not in a mean spirited way, but she’s sort of been forced to socialize and integrate with people I don’t think she really wants to be around. And she’s just not that great at sounding genuine about it. Just my own observation. 

I think Haleigh could have been really really good at this game if she was only a few years older and had more world/life experience. 

I also think she is fake with them, and it stems from her lack of confidence. She would go along with even the most ridiculous things Fessy would say, then speak her mind in the DR. It doesn't even feel strategic. She doesn't have the confidence to actually speak up in real life, and I think that disconnect is apparent. The hacker competition just brought that into even more focus, I think. It's why DR Hayleigh is so much more enjoyable than house Hayleigh. I agree that a lot of it is probably her age. I think we get better with experience at both navigating social situations with people we don't like and figuring out how to insert our thoughts and opinions into a conversation. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I definitely had her wrong pre-show so I can see why casting made this mistake. Initially I was surprised she didn't gravitate to L6's cool kids vibe, but she doesn't see to like any of them much lol. She seemed to really connect to RS and Scottie, which was unexpected and one thing (of the few lol) that I really enjoyed this season.

When the feeds came on I was also surprised she was not hanging with Angela and Rachel. 

2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I talked about this earlier but this season has a lot of introverts. And Haleigh is definitely pretty introverted. I think the casting directors thought she'd be this bubbly Texas sorority girl and weren't expecting that you'll more likely find Hay nerding out over Game of Thrones.

Introverts (because I am one) often seem fake because if we don't genuinely like the people we're with, we're not good at hiding it. Attempts to be friendly are very half-hearted and transparent. Hay with Scottie is very different from, say, Hay trying to be BFF's with Angela.

That is SO TRUE. Most of the time people think I’m not having a good time because I’m just not that energetic and I’m very whatever about a situation. Plus a lot of people talk louder and faster than me so I sit quietly a lot. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

So I realize Sam's antics are practically the only interesting part of the feeds. Here's Sam sunbathing in the weirdest, most attention-seeking way:

Hell - after over two months stuck in the same House with the same people, I’d probably be doing the same sort of shit.  ANYTHING to break up the mind-numbing monotony.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Sketcher said:

Ahhh...but when L6 is fake, it's just gameplay.   Hayliegh is fake because that's who she is...or something like that.  

LOVE THIS!!!

Yes, double standards do abound here.

What’s next — burning Hayleigh and Bayleigh at the stake!  They are never right, never real, never attractive, never done wrong. They must always take the high road, never take things personal, and simply roll over and take people’s shit.  

The hate for anyone not in L6 is reaching the height of ridiculousness!

Edited by plotpointer
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, plotpointer said:

LOVE THIS!!!

Yes, double standards do abound here.

What’s next — burning Hayleigh and Bayleigh at the stake!  They are never right, never real, never attractive, never done wrong. They must always take the high road, never take things personal, and simply roll over and take people’s shit.  

The hate for anyone not in L6 is reaching the height of ridiculousness!

Didn't you basically accuse Tyler of being racist and misogynistic?

• Love 19

L6 is pretty silly to buy into this Haleigh/Sam feud. I do think Sam bothers her, but I don't for one second believe she'd be Haleigh's target. It would be Tyler/Angela with Kaycee as the replacement. I'd be shocked if I were wrong. 

But good on Haleigh for getting them to keep her. Scottie has basically decided to do nothing ever since he was nominated. 

Like, does he seriously think that'd be a legitimately smart strategy? To take someone to F2 that has four automatic votes and would only need one more to win? That's perceived as the underdog? If that's what Scottie thinks is a smart move for the other HGs (and he's talking to Haleigh, so it's not like he's trying to campaign to her), and that's the only way he thinks he can convince anyone to keep him, that explains his gameplay all season. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 16
10 minutes ago, mooses said:

Like, does he seriously think that'd be a legitimately smart strategy? To take someone to F2 that has four automatic votes and would only need one more to win? That's perceived as the underdog? If that's what Scottie thinks is a smart move, and that'd the only way he thinks he can convince anyone to keep him, that explains his gameplay all season. 

I tried to think of something witty to convey my sheer confusion at Scottie saying this, but all I could come up with was "lolwut"

• Love 15

I could go either way on the Tyler Feet-Gate controversy, but my biggest thought in regard to this week is this:

Tyler could probably have been JUST as successful and effective in the game this week by letting Haleigh win HOH.

Haleigh might have thrown up Angela or Tyler in her original noms. But after Sam's relentless cheering for Tyler during the comp, I am sure that Sam would've either been an original nom or a backdoor nom, depending on who won veto. This would've been an easy way for Tyler to get Sam out without having to get any of that Sam blood on his hands.

Tyler has control of almost ALL the votes. Haleigh is really a non-threat when you consider almost all of her "support" is in the jury house. Sure, you don't want her anywhere the final 3. But that's a long ways a way. Why not use her (when most of his allies already view her as the enemy) as a tool to eliminate some of the people he made deals with who he definitely cannot keep in the game?

I know it's all a moot point now, but I honestly think it would've been the safer bet for him.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, mooses said:

L6 is pretty silly to buy into this Haleigh/Sam feud. I do think Sam bothers her, but I don't for one second believe she'd be Haleigh's target. It would be Tyler/Angela with Kaycee as the replacement. I'd be shocked if I were wrong. 

But good on Haleigh for getting them to keep her. Scottie has basically decided to do nothing ever since he was nominated. 

Like, does he seriously think that'd be a legitimately smart strategy? To take someone to F2 that has four automatic votes and would only need one more to win? That's perceived as the underdog? If that's what Scottie thinks is a smart move for the other HGs (and he's talking to Haleigh, so it's not like he's trying to campaign to her), and that's the only way he thinks he can convince anyone to keep him, that explains his gameplay all season. 

I guess this is akin to Scottie trying to get Fessy to put Haliegh on the block.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 4

Scottie should have been doing what Haleigh has been working her butt off to do and infiltrate the other side, whether it's successful or not: Convince Kaycee/Angela/Tyler your target is JC because he had the biggest hand in your eviction. Tell them that Haleigh is lying about Sam being her target and is just getting close to the enemy so she can cut their throats. Tell JC you want to split up the duo of Angela/Kaycee. Throw in some misinformation about the jury hating you because they think you were the rat vote flipper and cost them their game. 

He's on the block against the HG who put 2 voters and the HOH on the block, who is hated by Sam, and is loved by the jury. And it's like he's barely even trying to stay. 

Hee! 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Yup. There were certainly racist and gross comments made this season but I'd sure love to see where Tyler said something like that. And no, I don't believe he's perfect at all, but I do believe he's a generally nice guy playing a game and staying loyal to his alliance. The only racist, misogynistic comments I recall were from Bayleigh, JC, RS, Angela, Rachel, and Sam, in varying degrees. And all still pretty mild compared to previous seasons. Low bar, I know, but I'm still relieved it's been pretty mild this year. 

Scottie returning was a total waste. Does he just not want to campaign against his crush? I kind of expected him to fight harder. Either one going is a win, but Hayleigh will totally win HOH next week and Angela or Kaycee will be in danger. 

I wish everyone would just declare a one eviction truce and all agree to just nominate and vote out JC out for the sake of house sanity. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I wish everyone would just declare a one eviction truce and all agree to just nominate and vote out JC out for the sake of house sanity. 

Oh, sure,  a "house truce" in which Hayliegh's HOH is used to take out JC...how convenient!

Well,  I'm pretty sure they'll probably sell that to her, and she'll bite just because she is left twisting in the next HOH but given that it's 6 vs 1, if they want JC out that's under their control on any of their own HOHs.

• Love 2

Lol, I really don't care who is HOH and puts him up. I just want the creep gone which is wishful thinking on my part. But hey, if for some reason JC went out on a Haleigh HOH, I'd be thrilled. Hopefully he can get canned during a quick DE. 

• Love 11

6:22 AM EST...how am I supposed to go to work when Brett and Scottie are having a riveting conversation in the backyard?!  Can these two swing a final 2?  Lots of info sharing going on....

Edited by laurakaye
3 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Lol, I really don't care who is HOH and puts him up. I just want the creep gone which is wishful thinking on my part. But hey, if for some reason JC went out on a Haleigh HOH, I'd be thrilled. Hopefully he can get canned during a quick DE. 

I hope that Minion doll dumps him when he gets back home.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I hope that Minion doll dumps him when he gets back home.

I hope someone sits his ass down and tells him he's a fucking hypocrite for taking someone to court because he got touched without his permission while on a job yet he thinks it's A-okay to sexually touch people in the Big Brother House without their permission.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, The Companion said:

I also think she is fake with them, and it stems from her lack of confidence. She would go along with even the most ridiculous things Fessy would say, then speak her mind in the DR. It doesn't even feel strategic. She doesn't have the confidence to actually speak up in real life, and I think that disconnect is apparent. The hacker competition just brought that into even more focus, I think. It's why DR Hayleigh is so much more enjoyable than house Hayleigh. I agree that a lot of it is probably her age. I think we get better with experience at both navigating social situations with people we don't like and figuring out how to insert our thoughts and opinions into a conversation. 

I also think Hay is one of those people who thinks she should be a certain way (bubbly, friendly, the life of the party) because people look at her and think Texas sorority chick and expect it. That's why she tries so hard to be all "hey girl!" to L6. In reality she's shy, nerdy, awkward, lacking in self-confidence. I don't think Big Brother is her game -- she just doesn't have enough of a killer instinct for the game. She's gotten progressively more miserable and by the time she's evicted she might not have any nails to bite anymore.

However in real life I bet she's super sweet and I could picture her as the one castmate who keeps in touch with just about everyone after the show. 

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I also think Hay is one of those people who thinks she should be a certain way (bubbly, friendly, the life of the party) because people look at her and think Texas sorority chick and expect it. That's why she tries so hard to be all "hey girl!" to L6. In reality she's shy, nerdy, awkward, lacking in self-confidence. I don't think Big Brother is her game -- she just doesn't have enough of a killer instinct for the game. She's gotten progressively more miserable and by the time she's evicted she might not have any nails to bite anymore.

However in real life I bet she's super sweet and I could picture her as the one castmate who keeps in touch with just about everyone after the show. 

And that's why Fessy could manipulate her.

• Love 6

I also think that's why JC felt comfortable pulling that vile bathroom stunt on her. Because if he did that shit to anyone else they'd really stomp a mudhole in him. Even after she repeatedly screamed "Production!" and talked to the other HG's about how awful that was she didn't really confront JC.

• Love 14

Of all the couples in and out of the house this season, who do you think will last the longest: Swaggy and Bayleigh, Tyler and Angela or Fessy and Hayleigh?

/I'm still surprised Mark and Elena are still together. Not sure what's going on with Matt and Raven.

• Love 1

Hard to tell. I thought Dani/Dominic were just a cute summer flirtmance in BB13 but they're married and just had a daughter. 

I feel like Swaggy/Bayleigh will last the longest because both of them seem to have bought their own press with the "showmance" big time and they'll want to maintain it for awhile and show up at reality tv show conventions.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Of all the couples in and out of the house this season, who do you think will last the longest: Swaggy and Bayleigh, Tyler and Angela or Fessy and Hayleigh?

/I'm still surprised Mark and Elena are still together. Not sure what's going on with Matt and Raven.

Yeah, I'm not sure. I think Swaggy/Bayleigh will give it a go for at least six months, or for however long they get the attention. Depending on Bayleigh being pregnant, it could be longer. Tyler/Angela seem like the type to commit for a while, but I don't think they'll be a couple who lasts as long as the other long-term BB couples. They could last a while, but it's really hard to say. Fessy/Haleigh? I was about to laugh at the thought, but Matt/Raven lasted several months before their breakup, and Mark/Elena are still miraculously together, so I can't even make a joke. They could give it a go and last up to a year. I just don't think they'll last more than a couple of months. 

But we all know the real endgame couple is Brett/Winston :)

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I also think that's why JC felt comfortable pulling that vile bathroom stunt on her. Because if he did that shit to anyone else they'd really stomp a mudhole in him. Even after she repeatedly screamed "Production!" and talked to the other HG's about how awful that was she didn't really confront JC.

I've been giving this a lot of thought after finally watching the feeds of this disturbing event...now, if I am Hayleigh's parents watching this from home, I might just be preparing a lawsuit against CBS for not throwing that rat troll out of the house and protecting my kid (an adult kid, but my kid nonetheless).  I understand that the HG's probably have to sign about a million waivers and contracts before entering the house, and that privacy is going to be nearly impossible to come by, but to me that does not translate into letting another HG violate my son/daughter at will with no consequences, and no recourse for the victim while still in the house.  How long after Hayleigh screamed for "Production" did production act?  And what did they do to put an end to the "prank?"  

I would love to know just what rights the HG's sign away before coming on this show.  Personal safety cannot possible be one of those rights.  I hope.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Racist in the sense that I found his obsession with getting Bayleigh out from the very beginning inexplicable — especially considering that she fully supported him. He would drop her name as his first suggestion for eviction to every HOH, except the week when he was targeting the other black player.  Some here argued that he actually had a crush on Bay.  But I never saw any indication of that.  Frankly, he doesn’t come across as the type to have ever dated a black girl or even have black friends.  So I don’t know if he’s a racist, but I do feel race played a part in his actions and decision-making.  Now, I do believe the reason L6 formed and stuck together this long was due to racist and classist beliefs.  But I’ve already explained how “the others” are usually targeted in the first few weeks of every Big Brother season.

As for misogyny, Tyler clearly only gets along with women subservient to him.  He gets quite frazzled and annoyed with bold women who question anything he does.  I think this might have to do with his androgynous nature., so more overtly sexual women might be a turnoff ... particularly women comfortable with their sexuality or who are actually having sex in the Big Brother house.

That said, I do think Tyler also possesses good qualities (i.e. great hair).  So I don’t paint him with one negative broad brush, which is the way some of the non-level 6 contestants are portrayed on a consistent basis.  I just ask that we be aware and sensitive to this, since the beehive tribe was made up of mainly minorities who have been the victims of vicious, long held stereotypes.  That side of the house also consisted of white people comfortable to be around people of color —  a group that’s also been the subject of ridicule in the past.  All I’m saying is their bad gameplay should not be used as a way to open the floodgates of bigoted comments,

Edited by plotpointer
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, plotpointer said:

Some here argued that he actually had a crush on Bay.  But I never saw any indication of that

He has said it multiple times to multiple house guests.

Usually to KC but also said it to Brett.  I think I am forgetting someone else as well.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I've been giving this a lot of thought after finally watching the feeds of this disturbing event...now, if I am Hayleigh's parents watching this from home, I might just be preparing a lawsuit against CBS for not throwing that rat troll out of the house and protecting my kid (an adult kid, but my kid nonetheless).  I understand that the HG's probably have to sign about a million waivers and contracts before entering the house, and that privacy is going to be nearly impossible to come by, but to me that does not translate into letting another HG violate my son/daughter at will with no consequences, and no recourse for the victim while still in the house.  How long after Hayleigh screamed for "Production" did production act?  And what did they do to put an end to the "prank?"  

I would love to know just what rights the HG's sign away before coming on this show.  Personal safety cannot possible be one of those rights.  I hope.

I think it even has less to do with contracts and more to do with the environment these people are in. Look at this jury pact that is being planned. The mere fact that the jurors so far were evicted because they were shitty gameplayers and got beaten by the other side of the house has caused bitterness instead of respect for the game. Unlike previous seasons, where a target would be endlessly bashed and personally attacked, this season has had the targets evicted for gameplay. I understand that L6 could have handled things a bit better with their goodbye messages and with maybe not blindsiding them right before a vote (though that was all pre-jury anyway), but the jurors in the house are only bitter because they couldn't outplay L6. Thus, they're essentially holding their jury votes to a standard that L6 couldn't fix, even if they tried. Obviously L6 has done something wrong along the way if The Hive are bitter enough to form a jury pact, but that's the problem with the game. You say or do one wrong thing, and it could mean the end of your game.

That's the fear that Haleigh and Tyler both have. I don't know the psychology term for it, but I think it's a form of manipulation, where they're afraid to speak up, even if they do feel uncomfortable, for the sole reason that it could ruin their game and cost them a vote if they do get to F2. They may think that "it's only one more month and then I won't ever have to see JC again." And that's where the producers needed to step in. They know Tyler and Haleigh aren't capable of making a truly rational decision because their games are on the line. 

It should be easier to speak up, such as with Sam, but I can understand why they won't. I'm sure they don't like the JC situation any more than we do. We've seen Tyler pulling away and I'm not positive he wants JC in F3 anymore. He might take him because he knows JC in F3 is better for his game, but this incident may have made him change his mind. Same with Haleigh, who knows that her game is already on the line and although speaking up about JC gets her one step closer to F2, it could also make her a bigger target than Scottie. 

6 minutes ago, plotpointer said:

As for misogyny, Tyler clearly only gets along with women subservient to him.  He gets quite frazzled and annoyed with bold women who question anything he does.  I think this might have to do with his androgynous nature., so more overtly sexual women mind be a turnoff ... particularly women comfortable with their sexuality or who are actually having sex in the Big Brother house.

I personally haven't seen evidence of this. I think he wants to win, for sure, and he's surrounded himself with people who will be loyal to him. He manipulated JC for a long time because he knew he could use him to get what he needed from the other side. He used Brett as a Lone Wolf until he realized that Brett could potentially defy him, or at least win over him. He's close with Kaycee but because he knows he could win against her. He's used Sam and Kaitlyn, yes, but that's because he recognized their loyalty toward him. I wouldn't say that makes him a misogynist by any means. It just means that he's willing to play the game at whatever cost. It's a different environment in the house, and it may expose what he may be capable of, but it doesn't define him as a person.

If anything, he IS a manipulator, as he's worked to manipulate everybody. It's not necessarily about him focusing on just manipulating women. He tried for a long time with JC, but JC's just as stubborn as Bayleigh...except JC didn't have a power app and hasn't been able to win comps. If he was able to win comps, I'm positive Tyler would be targeting him sooner than he is. Remember that he also snapped really hard on Winston/Brett, in particular, the night before Sam was set to be evicted because he was frustrated that they couldn't see the move he was planning to make. His main goal is to win, and he's done everything to ensure that, no matter who he's with.

I'm baffled with Bayleigh being loyal to Tyler, even when he's basically told her not to trust him, but I think that speaks more to Bayleigh than to Tyler.  I was screaming at her for a while to not trust him, especially during her HOH. I think what happened there is that Tyler didn't have loyalties before he won HOH. Bayleigh, however, declared her loyalty to him but when he betrayed her (because it's a game and they didn't know each other), she got hurt by it and couldn't let it go. But because of her attitude toward him afterward, HE couldn't let it go so it was two bitter people upset at one action from the beginning of the game. Both were equally as obsessed with each other, no doubt in my mind. Bayleigh couldn't let go of the loyalty she declared right from day 1, while he had no issue letting go of that loyalty since, again, it's a game and people can change their minds about alliances early on. It's not about race, from my perspective. It's from Tyler wanting to win and he really wanted to win that first HOH.

I did point this out earlier, but when Tyler betrayed Bayleigh during that first HOH, she had no balls in her tube. Tyler, I believe, had about two or three. Therefore, in his mind, he needed to start putting balls in Bayleigh's tube or else she'd definitely win. At that point, he didn't trust her so he did what he had to do. That's exactly where the problem started. I remember watching the Tyler/Bayleigh fight when the feeds first turned on. She was feeling betrayed because she wanted to be on Tyler's side. 

She wanted to work with him, he didn't necessarily want to work with her (at least not as partners), and that's what it boils down to. It's like Swaggy going from liking Kaitlyn to not liking her, even before his eviction. And that's fair, because she did betray him and he doesn't need to be friends with her. It's like Brett looking to get Angela or Kaycee out because it's a game and he wants to win (not that I think Brett will do it; he just needs to create a bigger target on JC). 

But I'm ok to agree to disagree at this point. 

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

So I realize Sam's antics are practically the only interesting part of the feeds. Here's Sam sunbathing in the weirdest, most attention-seeking way:

That's hilarious.  I'm surprised they actually let her stand up there.  Maybe that's her treat for being teamgoodfeeds all season. 

I think it's said that being in the sun makes your mood improve so maybe that's what she was trying to do.  If the yard was completed shaded there's no way she could get a tan from that sun. 

1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

I also think Hay is one of those people who thinks she should be a certain way (bubbly, friendly, the life of the party) because people look at her and think Texas sorority chick and expect it. That's why she tries so hard to be all "hey girl!" to L6. In reality she's shy, nerdy, awkward, lacking in self-confidence.

I honestly don't think she lacks confidence at all. Her DR's are great (not in a funny ha-ha great, but well spoken, doesn't appear to be reciting words from production), she appears to be confident about her body and the other night I overheard Brett giving her a hard time because she apparently said she likes making douche bags in bars buy her drinks. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, gunderda said:
9 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

That's hilarious.  I'm surprised they actually let her stand up there.  Maybe that's her treat for being teamgoodfeeds all season. 

I think it's said that being in the sun makes your mood improve so maybe that's what she was trying to do.  If the yard was completed shaded there's no way she could get a tan from that sun. 

I think she was thinking that the yard was going to be taken away for setup, and that was the last bit of sun she would have for awhile.  I can't blame her for wanting it - it would be hell being locked inside for several days on end.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, gunderda said:

the other night I overheard Brett giving her a hard time because she apparently said she likes making douche bags in bars buy her drinks. 

Thats basically a game at University of Alabama.  Girls compete to see how much we can get guys to spend on us at the bars.

So no posts about the party last night?? I had to actually turn my tv off during it because it was keeping me up. JC got pissy because he only got one beer and also wanted wine - there was only enough beer and wine for each person to have one except somehow Sam managed to get a beer and a cup of wine.  JC almost drank Brett's beer while Brett was being a grill master. Brett appeared to be very good at grilling.  Seasoned the burgers, flipped them once.  Tyler later cooked up some burgers and he was terrible.. I think he flipped those things 10 times before pulling them off the grill. 

They got badmitton and crochet. They were pretty bummed they didn't get music but realized they probably weren't getting music since the party was during BBAD. 

1 minute ago, RagePaige said:

Thats basically a game at University of Alabama.  Girls compete to see how much we can get guys to spend on us at the bars.

But I don't see a girl who lacks confidence taking part in that kind of activity.  I'm not looking down at her for it. 

• Love 1
Just now, gunderda said:

So no posts about the party last night?? I had to actually turn my tv off during it because it was keeping me up. JC got pissy because he only got one beer and also wanted wine - there was only enough beer and wine for each person to have one except somehow Sam managed to get a beer and a cup of wine.  JC almost drank Brett's beer while Brett was being a grill master. Brett appeared to be very good at grilling.  Seasoned the burgers, flipped them once.  Tyler later cooked up some burgers and he was terrible.. I think he flipped those things 10 times before pulling them off the grill. 

They got badmitton and crochet. They were pretty bummed they didn't get music but realized they probably weren't getting music since the party was during BBAD. 

I was reading up on it before bed. I was pissed to read that JC drank half of Brett's beer and only stopped because people told him to. I was reading Twitter and they were making fun of Brett's cooking and how nobody wants to eat his food because he's such a bad cook, but I assume that, since I've heard no reports about food poisoning, that he did just fine with the meat. 

Otherwise, it sounds like the party died down quickly due to lack of alcohol. C'mon, Big Brother! Let them get drunk! I get they're worried about what they may say or do, but it's more fun to see drunk houseguests. Remember Haleigh's four hour bath because she was drunk on wine? 

I also read that Brett initiated game talk with Scottie and basically told him to start campaigning for himself. I just can't with Scottie right now. I thought he might change his game up, but he's just as moronic as before, if not worse. He can go because he insists on not playing the game and insists on sucking up to Haleigh. I had hopes for him, but he's a shitty gameplayer.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I was reading up on it before bed. I was pissed to read that JC drank half of Brett's beer and only stopped because people told him to. I was reading Twitter and they were making fun of Brett's cooking and how nobody wants to eat his food because he's such a bad cook, but I assume that, since I've heard no reports about food poisoning, that he did just fine with the meat. 

awww that's sad! I thought Brett looked like he knew what he was doing on the grill.  He seasoned the burgers, poured something on them (i thought maybe beer but not sure) and only flipped once.  He was a little skeptical on his food contamination/safety but it wasn't chicken so it was probably ok.  He was just touching the raw patties to put them on the grill and then touching everything else without wiping off his hands.  What I found funny was when Tyler took his turn to grill some burgers he tried to copy Brett (seasoning, pouring whatever on them) but he cooked them waaaaaaay longer than Brett cooked the first batch.  they had to have been horribly dry.  They were all pretty slow to eat which I thought was weird, especially the have nots.  No one even touched any of the other food (chips, etc...) for like a good 30 min. If I were a have not I would have busted open those chips IMMEDIATELY lol 

Oh and they also got mt dew in their cooler of alcohol. Or maybe it was one mt dew for Scottie. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, gunderda said:

They got badmitton and crochet. 

Heh, I think you mean croquet,  with balls, hoops and mallets, not crochet with hooks and yarns.  I had an uncle, a fisherman, who was laid up for a year and crocheted an afghan that took fitst place in the county fair so I guess anything's possible. But I'm still trying to imagine Auntie Sam trying to teach the guys how to hold the hook and wrap the yarn around the finger just so.?

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, gunderda said:

But I don't see a girl who lacks confidence taking part in that kind of activity.  I'm not looking down at her for it. 

He wasn't saying it maliciously.  I've had that conversation with guys all the time there and its all in good fun.  Its probably similar in College Station where she went to school

19 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

If anything, he IS a manipulator, as he's worked to manipulate everybody.

Being a real "superfan" he knows that is the best way to win the game.  The most (in)famous of the winners have been master manipulators. 

Dan, Maggie, Andy, Derrick, Will, Jun, dick, etc...

We have seen many "superfans" crash and burn early in many seasons not understanding this.

I'm enjoying finally watching one who gets it.

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I personally haven't seen evidence of this. I think he wants to win, for sure, and he's surrounded himself with people who will be loyal to him. He manipulated JC for a long time because he knew he could use him to get what he needed from the other side. He used Brett as a Lone Wolf until he realized that Brett could potentially defy him, or at least win over him. He's close with Kaycee but because he knows he could win against her. He's used Sam and Kaitlyn, yes, but that's because he recognized their loyalty toward him. I wouldn't say that makes him a misogynist by any means. It just means that he's willing to play the game at whatever cost. It's a different environment in the house, and it may expose what he may be capable of, but it doesn't define him as a person.

If anything, he IS a manipulator, as he's worked to manipulate everybody. It's not necessarily about him focusing on just manipulating women. He tried for a long time with JC, but JC's just as stubborn as Bayleigh...except JC didn't have a power app and hasn't been able to win comps. If he was able to win comps, I'm positive Tyler would be targeting him sooner than he is. Remember that he also snapped really hard on Winston/Brett, in particular, the night before Sam was set to be evicted because he was frustrated that they couldn't see the move he was planning to make. His main goal is to win, and he's done everything to ensure that, no matter who he's with.

I'm baffled with Bayleigh being loyal to Tyler, even when he's basically told her not to trust him, but I think that speaks more to Bayleigh than to Tyler.  I was screaming at her for a while to not trust him, especially during her HOH. I think what happened there is that Tyler didn't have loyalties before he won HOH. Bayleigh, however, declared her loyalty to him but when he betrayed her (because it's a game and they didn't know each other), she got hurt by it and couldn't let it go. But because of her attitude toward him afterward, HE couldn't let it go so it was two bitter people upset at one action from the beginning of the game. Both were equally as obsessed with each other, no doubt in my mind. Bayleigh couldn't let go of the loyalty she declared right from day 1, while he had no issue letting go of that loyalty since, again, it's a game and people can change their minds about alliances early on. It's not about race, from my perspective. It's from Tyler wanting to win and he really wanted to win that first HOH.

I did point this out earlier, but when Tyler betrayed Bayleigh during that first HOH, she had no balls in her tube. Tyler, I believe, had about two or three. Therefore, in his mind, he needed to start putting balls in Bayleigh's tube or else she'd definitely win. At that point, he didn't trust her so he did what he had to do. That's exactly where the problem started. I remember watching the Tyler/Bayleigh fight when the feeds first turned on. She was feeling betrayed because she wanted to be on Tyler's side. 

She wanted to work with him, he didn't necessarily want to work with her (at least not as partners), and that's what it boils down to. It's like Swaggy going from liking Kaitlyn to not liking her, even before his eviction. And that's fair, because she did betray him and he doesn't need to be friends with her. It's like Brett looking to get Angela or Kaycee out because it's a game and he wants to win (not that I think Brett will do it; he just needs to create a bigger target on JC). 

But I'm ok to agree to disagree at this point. 

I understand a lot of what you’re saying and you make some great points.  Yes, at some point in the game you have to turn on your alliance and supporters, especially if you know they have final two deals elsewhere.  So in Brett’s case, it makes perfect sense to now target Angela and Kaycee because he’s not likely to get much further with them.  And I don’t think either woman would be bitter about it in the jury because the timing of his move makes sense.

Tyler’s constant plotting to get Bayleigh out so early in the game made no sense since she had his back and was willing to help him go far.  I feel like there was some underlying visceral reaction motivating him.  It just wasn’t rational.  That’s why Bayleigh is bitter and justifiably so.  This is why I think it was bad gameplay on his part.  

Bayleigh in some ways is the Beehive’s equivalent of JC.  Just as people have been avoiding targeting JC because they don’t want their “name in his mouth,” is the same way Bayleigh should have been perceived.  Tyler should have realized that making such moves against Bayleigh would make her bitter — considering her rocky past with white people at her school.  And since she has a lot of influence in her alliance, his name will now be in her mouth all day long. This is something a good game player should have anticipated and avoided.  

Edited by plotpointer
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Heh, I think you mean croquet,  with balls, hoops and mallets, not crochet with hooks and yarns.  I had an uncle, a fisherman, who was laid up for a year and crocheted an afghan that took fitst place in the county fair so I guess anything's possible. But I'm still trying to imagine Auntie Sam trying to teach the guys how to hold the hook and wrap the yarn around the finger just so.?

HAHA good catch. This darn party kept me up until about 12:30 last night until I finally turned it off because I knew 6:30 would come real quick! And I wasn't even really watching it.  Usually I keep my tv on to help me go to sleep and for some reason last night it was keeping me awake. Probably because they were so high energy and the food looked good.

3 minutes ago, RagePaige said:

He wasn't saying it maliciously.  I've had that conversation with guys all the time there and its all in good fun.  Its probably similar in College Station where she went to school

I know, him (and I think Scottie) were just jabbing her pretty good about it.  But i wasn't bringing up that point to make either person look bad. I'm just saying if Haleigh lacked confidence in the real world she wouldn't be trying to get guys to buy her drinks.  I'm trying to be nice in saying that Haleigh DOES have plenty of confidence lol

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I know, him (and I think Scottie) were just jabbing her pretty good about it.  But i wasn't bringing up that point to make either person look bad. I'm just saying if Haleigh lacked confidence in the real world she wouldn't be trying to get guys to buy her drinks.  I'm trying to be nice in saying that Haleigh DOES have plenty of confidence lol

Completely agree.  She has very good social skills.  Definitely very confident for 21

• Love 2