Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

I just can't begin to understand Swaggy's position. "Man, those guys saw me as a threat and got rid of me early. When they win, I am going to tell them how dumb they were for doing an obviously smart thing to me, who was their enemy in the house."

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Only 1 of the 3 apps was used. Haha. 

And that one that was used was going to be used no matter what due to the rules. And then it failed anyway. Is this a new record for BB? I can't recall that last time this many "twists" flopped in a single season. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I just can't begin to understand Swaggy's position. "Man, those guys saw me as a threat and got rid of me early. When they win, I am going to tell them how dumb they were for doing an obviously smart thing to me, who was their enemy in the house."

You are not understanding.  He said he would have won had they not voted him out.  See now?

• Love 6

On Survivor it is often pointed out that if one tribe doesn't see Tribal Council for the first few times, then nobody really knows where they stand in their alliances because they haven't been tested yet.  In Brett's case his alliance has been tested twice and each time they decided to keep him.  I can understand why he would feel so loyal to them.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

It's funny that he actually thinks that they will care about what he has to say to them. They have all said repeatedly they are sure the he's been talking crap about them all and they don't care. 

Brett would literally start laughing and wouldn't stop.  Then won't acknowledge that Swaggy was even in the game in the first place for the rest of the night.

• Love 6

Scraggly couldn’t “cook” a pot pie in a microwave without burning down half the block.  Feh.

5 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Feeds back from Veto Meeting- Kaycee didn't use it- Hay & Fessy remain on the block & Tyler's Power App is now officially expired. Only 1 of the 3 apps was used. Haha. 

Everybody keeps saying this - but it’s not so.  

• Tyler received Cloud on Friday July 6.
  • The App description specifically, literally stated the App was good for eight weeks:

E2239C46-E7E2-43C9-B705-0A9628A65AF4.jpeg.fd07867042847c4ee7b77af2ae526eef.jpeg

• Eight weeks from July 6 is August 31 - also, necessarily, a Friday.
  • HoHs announce their initial Block noms on Friday.

...all of which means Cloud’s usability should be electively exercisable through the original Block noms of the HoH after Angela.

So:

1. Is Tyler mistaken?
  2. Is Tyler being deliberately misleading?
  3. If Tyler is mistaken, will the DR correct him?

(RE #3 - I’d guess so, just to minimize the chance of yet another Power App dying unused)

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

It's funny that he actually thinks that they will care about what he has to say to them. They have all said repeatedly they are sure the he's been talking crap about them all and they don't care

Seriously.  I watch the feeds fairly regularly and I haven't heard his name mentioned much, if at all.  He certainly has an inflated sense of his own importance.  Stop trying to be relevant. lol.  No. one. cares.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Is Tyler mistaken?

I don't think so.  In his DR he said he might not have to use it.  I think he does know. That could have meant this week or next.  

1 minute ago, Ceeg said:

I know it doesn't specify in the app wording, but I assumed it meant 8 weeks of evictions, in which case the app has now expired. 

It also says “two months” - which at a minimum would indicate the entirety of July and August.  :)

45 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

It's funny that he actually thinks that they will care about what he has to say to them. They have all said repeatedly they are sure the he's been talking crap about them all and they don't care. 

38 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Same here.  Chris is simply Jozea misspelt - another Week 2 evictee with delusions of grandeur.  Who gives a shit WHAT this gormless motherfucker thinks?

I was going to go with "irrelevant pipsqueak," but once again, I bow to you. "Gormless motherfucker" is a winner.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Nashville said:
  • HoHs announce their initial Block noms on Friday.

I think it's important to note that the BB App Store was BEFORE initial noms, so I'd assume that, despite the fact that it expires on the 31st, it expires before next week's noms are set, since Tyler could have used it two hours later on week 2. So I'd assume he cannot use it for next week's noms for that reason.

ETA: Unless I'm mistaken on when the App Store started. Which is possible, since I could be mixing it up with Hacker Comp. In which case, ignore me (now that I think about it, I think I AM wrong).

ETA2: Ok, actually, yeah, I'm wrong, but I'll keep this dumb post here for future reference to my poor memory.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 2

Sam is curling her hair again - Tyler is in the shower.  She's telling tyler how she plans to cut off more because it won't do what she wants it to do in the back. Tyler says "are you trying to steal/copy my hairstyle?"  ha

• Love 15

Has Sam told Tyler yet that he should never, ever clean because when a man cleans, a woman cannot be empowered? because that's what she told Angela yesterday, who was flummoxed before remarking that it should be a woman's choice if she cleans and cooks.

• Love 8

Sounds like they're expecting the yard to be shut down after today.  Sam said she's debating going outside - says she probably should since the yard will be shut down for 5 days this week.

Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Has Sam told Tyler yet that he should never, ever clean because when a man cleans, a woman cannot be empowered? because that's what she told Angela yesterday, who was flummoxed before remarking that it should be a woman's choice if she cleans and cooks.

I do believe she has told Tyler that he shouldn't need to clean. 

I think Sam is trying to convince Tyler to let her straighten his hair

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

I only wish I thought you were joking or exaggerating about this.

• Love 3

Oh! Actually, no, I was right the first time. BB App Store was before noms. Why I got confused was because Sam/Steve were nominated before the BB App Store in week 1.

So yeah, I think Tyler's app is expired because of that. The next eight weeks means the next eight weeks but since he got his app before the initial noms, it would expire before next week's initial noms, as he wouldn't be able to use it for that veto ceremony.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Sounds like they're expecting the yard to be shut down after today.  Sam said she's debating going outside - says she probably should since the yard will be shut down for 5 days this week.

Yeah, it sounds like a pure physical endurance comp, likely to accommodate for the Battleback as well. Maybe another wall comp, or something to that nature. 

Kaycee was speculating about the Battleback and the HOH comp, and production told her to not talk about production. Because that wouldn't give it away at all.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, IndyMischa said:

I only wish I thought you were joking or exaggerating about this.

No I'm not. Apparently when a man cleans, the woman loses her power over him, because a woman's power comes from cooking, cleaning and doing other domestic chores for the man. If a guy does all those things then a woman's bargaining chip (ability to make home and hearth) is destroyed and women have lost their power. This is all according to Sam.

We finally have some trash talking about other HGs between Angela and Brett right now (game play stuff though)

9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, it sounds like a pure physical endurance comp, likely to accommodate for the Battleback as well. Maybe another wall comp, or something to that nature. 

Kaycee was speculating about the Battleback and the HOH comp, and production told her to not talk about production. Because that wouldn't give it away at all.

Maybe the giant swing?? That seems to be the one they like to use each season a lot with the wall. 

• Love 1

Again I want to thank all of you for the great BB posts here.  But I am BEGGING all of you with all due respect to please use the Small Talk thread for how to pronounce this and that word.  I lost an hour of my life today fighting through all those endless posts here in this BB Live Feeds thread to try and actually get some BB live feeds stuff.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by green
  • Love 23
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh! Actually, no, I was right the first time. BB App Store was before noms. Why I got confused was because Sam/Steve were nominated before the BB App Store in week 1.

So yeah, I think Tyler's app is expired because of that. The next eight weeks means the next eight weeks but since he got his app before the initial noms, it would expire before next week's initial noms, as he wouldn't be able to use it for that veto ceremony.

It’s a possibility, if Production gets down to splitting hairs by splitting days.  But that brings up the next question: on what criterion would any day-splitting be based?

• Game activity milestone?  If so, then @Lady Calypso is correct - the app is expired.
  • The clock?  Depends on what time of day the August 31 nom ceremony is held.  Keep in mind the July 6 nom ceremony occurred later in the day than usual, because everybody had to be cycled through their turn in the App Store prior to noms.  If (a) TPTB go by the exact time of day when Tyler received the App and (b) the nom ceremony is held early enough in the day, then Tyler could conceivably still have App coverage at nom time - or even earlier, if Tyler went into the DR and announced he was activating his App well prior to the nom ceremony.
  • Production whim?  Probably the most likely, if it gets down to that.  :)  And I would fully expect TPTB to pursue the course of action least likely to result in yet another unused Power App.
Just now, Nashville said:

It’s a possibility, if Production gets down to splitting hairs by splitting days.  But that brings up the next question: on what criterion would any day-splitting be based?

• Game activity milestone?  If so, then @Lady Calypso is correct - the app is expired.
  • The clock?  Depends on what time of day the August 31 nom ceremony is held.  Keep in mind the July 6 nom ceremony occurred later in the day than usual, because everybody had to be cycled through their turn in the App Store prior to noms.  If (a) TPTB go by the exact time of day when Tyler received the App and (b) the nom ceremony is held early enough in the day, then Tyler could conceivably still have App coverage at nom time - or even earlier, if Tyler went into the DR and announced he was activating his App well prior to the nom ceremony.
  • Production whim?  Probably the most likely, if it gets down to that.  :)  And I would fully expect TPTB to pursue the course of action least likely to result in yet another unused Power App.

Tbh, I don't think it's going to matter either way. If the HOH is an endurance comp, I can't see Bayleigh, RS, or Haleigh winning it, and they're the only ones who would put Tyler up. But also, I think Tyler knows that even if he does go up, he won't get evicted. I'm not sure he'd want to risk playing this app that he's kept secret for 8 weeks, when he knows he'll stay anyway.

But also, I checked the episode again, and Tyler literally says in the DR, after Angela won HOH, that it's his last week to use the power app. I think Tyler probably understands the time limits on his own app, and I don't think Production would purposely steer him wrong and let him believe it expires sooner than it does.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Perhaps, but noms still seem to start pretty late (5pm BBT) now, so I think it's likely for them to have the app expire. Again, after all, Tyler wouldn't be able to use his app during the veto, in this case. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Bayleigh and Haleigh didn't do too bad on the wall. 

Bayleigh was the 4th to drop, Haleigh was right in the middle of the pack.

I think Haleigh will have a lot of adrenaline, since she (or whoever comes back) literally has to win HOH, or else they both go up on the block, so who knows what she could beast through. But, it really just depends on the comp. Some cater to people with low body weight, some cater to big strong dudes. Haleigh could possibly win the former (though that would mean she beats KC, JC, Tyler, and Sam, who all outlasted her on the trees), but definitely not the latter (which would cater to Fessy, and she'd be safe in that case anyway).

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1

Does JC ever exercise?  I am curious how he stays in shape, given I've never even seen him walk fast.   I haven't spent a lot of time with the feeds before this weekend, and I'm home today, and all he ever seems to do is watch the others break a sweat and pat himself on the back. 

Hayleigh is out talking with the other housetestants, while Fessy is moping inside.  JC came in a few minutes ago and is offering "words of advice."  For all I'm listening, I might as well have the computer on mute. 

1 hour ago, SiobhanJW said:

They have all said repeatedly they are sure the he's been talking crap about them all and they don't care. 

Why should they? He's not on jury. He's NOBODY. 

Just a famewhore who couldn't even eke out the requisite 5 minutes of fame. More like 30 seconds.

• Love 14

Love the discussion around PEE-kan vs puh-KAHN.  This pronunciation is near and dear to my heart....as a young girl, my Grandfather from Texas corrected me when I said PEE-kan. He looked at me and said....."let me be clear little one....a PEE-kan is what you take in the boat when you go fishing to pee in, it is pronounced a puh-KAHN"!!!  LOL.....I have never forgotten that and it was over 50 years ago!!!  Got a good laugh out of this one.....

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Does JC ever exercise?  I am curious how he stays in shape, given I've never even seen him walk fast.   I haven't spent a lot of time with the feeds before this weekend, and I'm home today, and all he ever seems to do is watch the others break a sweat and pat himself on the back. 

Hayleigh is out talking with the other housetestants, while Fessy is moping inside.  JC came in a few minutes ago and is offering "words of advice."  For all I'm listening, I might as well have the computer on mute. 

When they have the backyard he usually works out in the evening. But I have never seen him workout when they're locked inside. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

So my free trial technically ends at end of show Thursday, if it’s an endurance comp will it be shown on live feeds or be blacked out?

Should be shown but with this year who knows.  

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

So my free trial technically ends at end of show Thursday, if it’s an endurance comp will it be shown on live feeds or be blacked out?

My guess show on feeds- but we don't usually know until Wednesday Evening/Thursday Morning. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Pah-Kahn here in New Jersey, just not drawn out.

Also it's leaf peepers here and in New England :)

Oh, and Fuck You Fessy

I’m in Jersey, too, from nyc originally. But we say PEE-can.  Agree on leaf peepers. But I have never heard of people going down south to see the leaves!  In fact my friends own a place in Vermont that they rent out for the leaf peepers because everyone goes to New England to see the leaves

and agree, Fuck you Fessy

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

No I'm not. Apparently when a man cleans, the woman loses her power over him, because a woman's power comes from cooking, cleaning and doing other domestic chores for the man. If a guy does all those things then a woman's bargaining chip (ability to make home and hearth) is destroyed and women have lost their power. This is all according to Sam.

Wow, Sam sounds like she got all of that from that "tips for a housewife" thing from the 50s that made another round on my FB feed. Should I also be making sure the children are washed and settled, that I've taken fifteen minutes to freshen myself up and tie a new ribbon in my hair, and that I have my husband's scotch, newspaper, and pipe ready for him as soon as he walks in? Dinner will be ready in thirty minutes!

Fuck. That. I may be a stay-at-home wife but I still firmly believe in the 50/50 rule. Meaning I do 50% of the chores and leave the 50% that really suck for the husband, all fair and equal like. I don't lose power. I still have some. I relish in my power, where I get to point at the toilet and say "All yours, man. I'm going to Starbucks."

What's next, Sam's going to start going on about how a Lysol douche keeps you so fresh and clean down there for your man? 

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Should be shown but with this year who knows.  

Echo that. 

3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

What's next, Sam's going to start going on about how a Lysol douche keeps you so fresh and clean down there for your man? 

Nothing will surprise me from her at this point. (Yes, I realize I just set myself up for a "challenge: accepted" situation.) 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

I think if he gets to F3 and wins- whomever he cuts will realize it's what's best for his game. I cannot imagine he won't try and win F3 HOH. LOL. 

He posted a bunch of tweets about “Me on Finale night” but don’t pre jury get less than 5 minutes of air time? It isn’t like last season when Jess was the finale pre jury member you were 2nd and still bitter!

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Wow, Sam sounds like she got all of that from that "tips for a housewife" thing from the 50s that made another round on my FB feed. Should I also be making sure the children are washed and settled, that I've taken fifteen minutes to freshen myself up and tie a new ribbon in my hair, and that I have my husband's scotch, newspaper, and pipe ready for him as soon as he walks in? Dinner will be ready in thirty minutes!

Fuck. That. I may be a stay-at-home wife but I still firmly believe in the 50/50 rule. Meaning I do 50% of the chores and leave the 50% that really suck for the husband, all fair and equal like. I don't lose power. I still have some. I relish in my power, where I get to point at the toilet and say "All yours, man. I'm going to Starbucks."

Sam's philosophy:

42 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

He posted a bunch of tweets about “Me on Finale night” but don’t pre jury get less than 5 minutes of air time? It isn’t like last season when Jess was the finale pre jury member you were 2nd and still bitter!

I feel like during BB16 they introduced the Pre-Jury but they didn't even talk cuz they had the Team America reveal along with Derrick revealing he's a cop. 

I could see Swaggy try and propose or something on stage- and all of the HG's looking on in confusion especially since they have only known each other for 3 weeks and she's been in Jury the whole time and haven't seen each other in 2 1/2 months. LMAO. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 7

Like a week ago on BBAD, Angela was going to wash her dish that she just used but the dish soap was gone and Kaycee commented that someone took the dish soap again. And then a couple of nights ago on BBAD, Sam removed dish soap from what I’m guessing is her drawer in the bathroom and used it to wash dishes in the kitchen.

At first I thought that since someone kept taking the dish soap from the kitchen that she got her own personal supply of dish soap so that she could wash dishes whenever she wants, but now I think that she’s the one removing the dish soap from the kitchen so that she can be poor-woeful-Sam, the only one who does dishes in the house. lol

Is Tyler sleeping in the HOH room with Angela? They were snuggling on BBAD last night.

Also interesting last night on BBAD was that it looked like Fessy was giving Hayleigh the silent treatment because she spent a lot of time in the HOH room that day, so they got into a little bit of an argument by the pool table. Then next thing you know, Hayleigh is crying in the hammock and Brett is cuddling/hugging her to cheer her up. But what was interesting about it is that he seemed so genuine when he was trying to cheer her up and give her game advice and it seemed to me that they really bonded; but then I realized he was lying to her the whole time by maintaining his lone wolf thing and keeping L6 hidden. I don’t blame him for that, but it’s scary weird how well he lies.

Idk how anyone he meets now could get to know him in real life and trust him if they saw him first on this show.

Edited by Summerday
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Summerday said:

Then next thing you know, Hayleigh is crying in the hammock and Brett is cuddling/hugging her to cheer her up. But what was interesting about it is that he seemed so genuine when he was trying to cheer her up and give her game advice and it seemed to me that they really bonded; but then I realized he was lying to her the whole time by maintaining his lone wolf thing and keeping L6 hidden. I don’t blame him for that, but it’s scary weird how well he lies.

Idk how anyone he meets now could get to know him in real life and trust him if they saw him first on this show.

The same way people get to know and trust successful professional poker players: by recognizing that it's a game, and lying / concealing info is a critical game strategy. I mean, it's *possible* that he's a pathologically lying sociopath in real life, but I don't think it's very *likely.* :) 

• Love 6

Do you guys think that when Tyler reveals he's an actual Superfan that L6 specifcally are gonna be pissed at him? 

I don't think they would be. But I don't know if they would be hurt because they revealed their secrets to him. But also their secrets don't directly impact the game like him being a Superfan does. 

I think I would be more impressed that he was able to hide it. Haha. I would be freaking out at everything if I was in that house- and correcting everyone. Haha. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
6 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

The same way people get to know and trust successful professional poker players: by recognizing that it's a game, and lying / concealing info is a critical game strategy. I mean, it's *possible* that he's a pathologically lying sociopath in real life, but I don't think it's very *likely.* :) 

I do. :) Pretty damn likely imo. It’s not like normal, well-adjusted people are routinely cast on reality shows…usually it’s quite the opposite. So, if I ever meet Brett, he’s just going to have to deal with the fact that I.will.never.trust.him…I’m sure he’s perfectly fine with that.

• Love 1

Fessy is talking relationship with Hay outside the house.  Hay is not being receptive.  lol

He is ON it, he wants it.  Fessy, read the room. 

Fessy said he is the same outside the house.  This trying to convince her it will be a good thing.  

Fessy just told Hay he is going to set her up for the win with his speech!!  

• Love 3