Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

[looks at everyone bringing the classic rock albums, goes up to HoH room with Girl Talk's Feed The Animals, parties alone]

I kind of don't blame them for a week of quiet feeds; after two months of Kaitlyn and then Sam constantly tottering between insane and more insane, they all have to be psychologically exhausted and need some kind of break. Especially since Sam could still go off at any point.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Oh, God. Rockstar is back in the kitchen, talking to Sam about traveling in Europe and how she found out no men are circumcised out there and Sam does not give a fuck. 

Well in her defense Sam did ask her for stories about Germany lol 

BB gives them a step stool.... who knew!?

• Love 1

It's like an endurance comp: Who's going to lose their shit first listening to Rockstar? Sam or me.

Rockstar: "I basically got on the cheerleading squad on personality alone. Because I was the worst cheerleader ever."

Wow. Personality alone? Must've been a squad full of socially conscious bitches if they took Rockstar based on her personality. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm jealous of the hydroponic herb garden they got in the BB house this year. I keep wanting to get one for us but I'm afraid that my cat would just eat it all because he's dumb. 

And bonus, it gives Sam another living thing to look after that isn't creepy and has too many legs and should be squished under someone's shoe. 

In case anyone needs a new nightmare, Sam has apparently put her glass jar o'bugs IN THE FRIDGE. I know this, because I watched a hilarious clip of Fessy trying (and epic-failing) to explain to Scottie how to french kiss, and he grabbed a random prop out of the fridge .... which turned out to be the bug jar, making Scottie freak the fuck out, even more than he was already. [He couldn't wrap his head around such complex instructions as "so she's going to tip her head this way, and you tip yours the other way."]

19 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I finally got a look at Rockstar today. Is there a reason why she's dressed like Mrs. Roper or is it just Caftan Wednesday?

Not sarcasm: does she ever NOT dress like Mrs Roper? Aside from the punishment onesie thing?

12 minutes ago, gunderda said:

RS is bugging her again but I can't hear what she's saying. Oh wait, I was hearing Kaycee on the other cams.

Sam tells RS that she doesn't want to talk about something (because of the cameras)

She's definitely irritated about something.

Sams tells RS that she should go supervisor the bedrooms and make sure there's no hanky panky or heavy petting. 

Wonder if she's talking about Angela and Tyler?

Who's going to explode first: Sam re her general grumpiness, or AuntSam re the 1.5 showmances?

• Love 9

CHUCKY! <3 

Child's Play was the Sleepover Movie of Choice when I was growing up, along with Stephen King's IT and the director's cut of The Exorcist (because it had that scene where the kid does the full backbend/spider walk down the stairs and it's freaky as fuck). 

1 minute ago, IndyMischa said:

In case anyone needs a new nightmare, Sam has apparently put her glass jar o'bugs IN THE FRIDGE. I know this, because I watched a hilarious clip of Fessy trying (and epic-failing) to explain to Scottie how to french kiss, and he grabbed a random prop out of the fridge .... which turned out to be the bug jar, making Scottie freak the fuck out, even more than he was already. [He couldn't wrap his head around such complex instructions as "so she's going to tip her head this way, and you tip yours the other way."]

Well, that's nightmare fuel. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

CHUCKY! <3 

Child's Play was the Sleepover Movie of Choice when I was growing up, along with Stephen King's IT and the director's cut of The Exorcist (because it had that scene where the kid does the full backbend/spider walk down the stairs and it's freaky as fuck). 

I am not exaggerating when I say Child's Play is one of my favorite go-to movies at Halloween and I sometimes watch it more than once. You can tell by the way I can quote it.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

source.gif

^^ The Tudors obsessive in me at reading that.

Right! The Tudor history is fascinating! I love it.  Anne Boleyn is my favorite. 

Why is RS trying to piss off Sam?

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Right! The Tudor history is fascinating! I love it.  Anne Boleyn is my favorite. 

Why is RS trying to piss off Sam?

I'm a Catherine of Aragon and Anne of Cleves gal, myself. But there's something to like about all of them, really.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Well, that's nightmare fuel. 

I know. Misery / company / etc. But the convo itself is worth watching! :D

4 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I am not exaggerating when I say Child's Play is one of my favorite go-to movies at Halloween and I sometimes watch it more than once. You can tell by the way I can quote it.

I don't know that mom & dad would appreciate me posting a pic of their kid in "public," but my friends dressed up their two year old daughter as Chucky for Halloween. Plastic butcher knife and all. My fave parents out of all my friends!

• Love 6

...does anyone know what the blue hell Sam is doing? I've seen her chopping something, tearing up those brown paper towel pieces that feel like sandpaper that used to be in all the elementary school bathrooms, and sprinkling sea salt on something. At first I thought she found a marijuana seed in the backyard and wanted to grow it into a plant (they keep saying that someone out in the parking lot is smoking up at night. I assume it's the camera/button guy who's trying to keep his sanity watching these fools) but I've never known anyone to add to salt to weed seeds, so...

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

...does anyone know what the blue hell Sam is doing? I've seen her chopping something, tearing up those brown paper towel pieces that feel like sandpaper that used to be in all the elementary school bathrooms, and sprinkling sea salt on something. At first I thought she found a marijuana seed in the backyard and wanted to grow it into a plant (they keep saying that someone out in the parking lot is smoking up at night. I assume it's the camera/button guy who's trying to keep his sanity watching these fools) but I've never known anyone to add to salt to weed seeds, so...

I think she's maybe making food for the plants?? I really have no idea. First she started with bananas and dirt (or something that looked like dirt).

And Tyler asked how the garden was going and she said "good, they're going to make it"

Tyler is cutting up a pineapple with the plastic knife.  I think for some things I would go into the DR and BEG for a regular knife. Or be like "ok i'll bring the [item] into the DR and use a regular knife there"

35 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Not sarcasm: does she ever NOT dress like Mrs Roper? Aside from the punishment onesie thing?

Who's going to explode first: Sam re her general grumpiness, or AuntSam re the 1.5 showmances?

As someone with a cliched, yet somewhat severe spider phobia, this is just one big fat steaming pile of NOPE. Our house is absolutely infested with them this year, so every day I'm finding 3-5 or more all over the house. UGH. I respect them, but why can't they stop spinning webs in my Vitamix lid? UGH AGAIN.

Maybe her jar *just* has bugs, and not spiders, but still. I'm on bug overload right now. And hell no to storing them in the kitchen or fridge.

/end rant

I'm kind of enjoying the house just falling down around them, lol.

Keep hiving it up, RS!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

As someone with a cliched, yet somewhat severe spider phobia, this is just one big fat steaming pile of NOPE. Our house is absolutely infested with them this year, so every day I'm finding 3-5 or more all over the house. UGH. I respect them, but why can't they stop spinning webs in my Vitamix lid? UGH AGAIN.

Maybe her jar *just* has bugs, and not spiders, but still. I'm on bug overload right now. And hell no to storing them in the kitchen or fridge.

/end rant

I'm kind of enjoying the house just falling down around them, lol.

Keep hiving it up, RS!

Yeah, I've spent my entire life going into sheds and outdoor hot tub rooms armed with a broom to get rid of the black widows and brown recluses that hang out in there (okay, fine, I don't do it, I send someone else in because huge spider phobia over here but same difference), so I am 100% not down for bugs in the fridge. I don't care how well they're contained, there's food in there. The Big Brother house is not Sam's personal bug terrarium. Is she going to take Charlene the Spider with her to the jury house?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Wings said:

I am glad to see that RS is annoying Sam and production has given Sam a project to keep her busy and as stable as possible.  

Production didn't give her a project, Sam just took it upon herself to replant a cherry tomato plant for some reason. I'm still confused as to why the salt. Epsom salts are used with tomato plants but not bog-standard kitchen sea salt. You can swap them out for body scrubs and baths and stuff but tomato plants? Not sure about that.

8 hours ago, gunderda said:

And I think that's where the convo ended or I fell asleep.

Argh, that's not even as far as she got in her last telling of the story to Tyler! I want to know what happened after she was in college. You're killing me, Angela!

3 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

You're finally interesting to me (outside of your general physical attractiveness) and I'm not getting the info! Double argh!

Even just that little bit of information makes so much sense and explains so much about Angela though, doesn't it? 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Wings said:

Last night I had 2 scared tiny terrier mix pups nestled under the covers in the crook of my arm.  They were scared and freaked out but calmed down when they knew they were safe   I cried with them until they relaxed into sleep.  There has to be a law with a strict punishment for animal abusers.  Has to be, in every state.  

Thank you!

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

You're finally interesting to me (outside of your general physical attractiveness) and I'm not getting the info! Double argh!

I wanted to hear more, too. She wants to try out for the olympics and when I heard that I knew she was not a good bet for slip and slide.  I doubt she would want to risk injuring herself.  

4 minutes ago, Wings said:

Last season I watched the feeds and posted daily and now I can’t devote that time and we get a good one!  I have been busy doing dog rescue work so clearly the better option.   Last night I had 2 scared tiny terrier mix pups nestled under the covers in the crook of my arm.  They were scared and freaked out but calmed down when they knew they were safe   I cried with them until they relaxed into sleep.  There has to be a law with a strict punishment for animal abusers.  Has to be, in every state.  

You're an amazing person and I wish there were more people like you in the world. Thank you for doing what you do (and I agree! Animal cruelty laws have to be a lot stricter everywhere). 

• Love 12

So is it true that Angela and Kaycee said to Brett that he should try to get Rockstar to use the words “Level Six” in her speech tomorrow night without being aware of what she’s done?

I guess it could be something like “This experience has allowed  me to be taken to a totally different level. Six houseguests have already left and I just really hope I’m not the seventh. Thank you.”

Heh heh.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Even just that little bit of information makes so much sense and explains so much about Angela though, doesn't it? 

Oh, absolutely. Heck, my wife doesn't care at all about this season (or the show in general) and even she was riveted to Angela's life story. It's just an interesting glimpse at a very particular sort of lifestyle.

3 minutes ago, Wings said:

I wanted to hear more, too. She wants to try out for the olympics and when I heard that I knew she was not a good bet for slip and slide.  I doubt she would want to risk injuring herself.  

I dunno, Christmas also wanted to compete in some Crossfit stuff and she was still monkeying around pretty willy nilly. Yes, her accident was a freak accident, but she was playing around in a way that COULD have easily left her hurt in a more normal fashion. 

6 minutes ago, Wings said:

Sam is the best character to grace this franchise.  I love this season!  She is the first to find things to do rather than hanging out in bed.  She has good insight thus knows she must create through cooking and crafts to keep herself sane.  Sane being a relative term here.  She is self medicating with projects and man crushes.  Could be worse.

Last season I watched the feeds and posted daily and now I can’t devote that time and we get a good one!  I have been busy doing dog rescue work so clearly the better option.   Last night I had 2 scared tiny terrier mix pups nestled under the covers in the crook of my arm.  They were scared and freaked out but calmed down when they knew they were safe   I cried with them until they relaxed into sleep.  There has to be a law with a strict punishment for animal abusers.  Has to be, in every state.  

I agree completely. There should be a special place in hell for animal abusers.

My two Maltese, Gizmo and Billie Bo, are the lights of my life. I would beat the crap out of anyone who hurt them.

sadly, so many dogs are looked at as property without feelings.

i am friends with a young lady whose mother decided her daughters dog was too old and she was sick of him.

the b***h traded the dog away for 2 pit bull puppies while the daughter was gone for a week.. When her 15 yo daughter tried to get her dog back she was told she was too late. We are not sure but we think he was traded to be used as a bait dog . Needless to say the daughter moved out and is now living with her best friends family. 

Sadly there are a lot of sickos out there.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Who gave the lesson?

Fessy was going to do that job but it I think the spiders put a stick in th spokes of the plan.  I read about that here. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Wings said:

Sam is the best character to grace this franchise.  I love this season!  She is the first to find things to do rather than hanging out in bed.  She has good insight thus knows she must create through cooking and crafts to keep herself sane.  Sane being a relative term here.  She is self medicating with projects and man crushes.  Could be worse.

I regret that I have but one *like* to give to this post.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Production didn't give her a project, Sam just took it upon herself to replant a cherry tomato plant for some reason. I'm still confused as to why the salt. Epsom salts are used with tomato plants but not bog-standard kitchen sea salt. You can swap them out for body scrubs and baths and stuff but tomato plants? Not sure about that.

Thanks for the correction.  Salt kills plants.  I have used it to kill weeds in pavers.  It even renders the soil useless for 3 years or more. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Why doesn't Kaycee like Fessy?

Kaycee is just getting real high on herself after winning one comp and she's talking a lot more.

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

We have six really, really strong weeks filled with drama. 

And now we're gonna end with six really predictable, boring weeks filled with nothing lol.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

And now we're gonna end with six really predictable, boring weeks filled with nothing lol.

True. but isn't that EVERY season, anyway? I mean, you're definitely not wrong and boring is, well, boring, but it's not like this is a new thing for Big Brother at this stage. I have more hope this season of drama ensuing more than any other season just because this is the longest we've gone into a season with something exciting happening, and I do hope it doesn't stop now. Last week, we had the Epic House Meeting, after all. 

Again, after suffering through last season, this is all very exciting still. We could have BB19 people again who didn't want to win and wanted to lay down their game for one person. Sure, we kind of have it happening this season (Kaycee and somewhat Angela for Tyler, I'd argue Fessy for Haleigh, and maybe even Scottie for Haleigh), but these people are at least still playing at the same time. Don't forget; we could have another situation where someone controls the actual competition wins. Or we have a Paulie situation where they insist on having a temper tantrum about baking pies (...ok, THAT was actually pretty funny). We've seen worse, and that's why I'm not hard on this season. I guess I've chosen to be an optimist this season, and I think I'm much happier for it. Team Good Feeds. 

But, for the love of Big Brother, no more twists. This season has benefitted from no twists or failed twists. This week is somewhat dull BECAUSE the twist actually worked for the first time this season. 

• Love 7

Also, tomorrow seems to be confirmed to be endurance (likely the slip n slide comp, since that tends to happen around this time). So, it's in favour of Angela, Tyler, Fessy or Scottie. It might be in favour of Kaycee if she doesn't throw it, or Brett as well. Sam and JC probably won't win that. 

I'm rooting for a Scottie win because he's the next big target and I want to see what he chooses to do.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kaycee is just getting real high on herself after winning one comp and she's talking a lot more.

OHH I don't think so at all.  The best drama is watching an alliance eat themselves.  This is going to be good.  Really it is. 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, tomorrow seems to be confirmed to be endurance (likely the slip n slide comp, since that tends to happen around this time). So, it's in favour of Angela, Tyler, Fessy or Scottie. It might be in favour of Kaycee if she doesn't throw it, or Brett as well. Sam and JC probably won't win that. 

YAAAAS! Bring on the bodies falling like trees on the Crisco covered lanes. I guess Fessy is my target for "person I want to fall on their microphone pack" this year. 

2 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

The best part is, it's a boring fait accompli week, and The Hive is still going to be blindsided and confused as fuck. 

Seriously. It's amazing how this keeps happening. And next week, if one of The Hive wins HoH and if they try to put Tyler up or backdoor him, we're bound to get another Confused Fessy face when Tyler uses his Power App. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, GalvDuck said:

Met BB when he was here in Galveston.  

I ran into him a couple of times here in Nashville - one of his clubs is here, and he’d make an appearance every few months or so - but not much more than a hi-and-a-nod thing.  In Nashville, we generally try to be courteous and leave the famous folks be; they already get more than enough of the fanboy crap from the tourists.  ;)

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, I can't watch the feeds now because I'm just finishing work, but apparently, Rockstar's annoying Sam. Well, I guess it's now a certainty that Rockstar isn't staying. Don't piss off Sam, Rockstar. You don't want a pissed off Sam.

Although Pinky’s definitely doing the wrong thing, I get why a little bit.  Pinky feels the need to campaign, but most everybody except Sam has been blowing Pinky off when she starts talking game.  Originally Sam wasn’t actively discouraging Pinky - Sam has been recently, with increasing levels of curtness - but Pinky’s inherent self-absorption gets in the way of seeing the change in Sam’s decreasing level of receptivity.  So Pinky will keep prattling on to Sam as the one person who will unfailingly listen to her - and she will probably be totally shocked when the pressure valve on Sam’s toleration finally pops.

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Tweaking the soil salinity, maybe?

53 minutes ago, Wings said:

Thanks for the correction.  Salt kills plants.  I have used it to kill weeds in pavers.  It even renders the soil useless for 3 years or more. 

Depends on how much you use, and what you’re trying to do. Salt in the soil absorbs free water, which reduces the amount available for root uptake.  Usually that’s a bad thing - but if your environment stays supersaturated a lot of the time, salt can be used (sparingly) to balance it out.

5 minutes ago, Nashville said:
3 hours ago, GalvDuck said:

Met BB when he was here in Galveston.  

I ran into him a couple of times here in Nashville - one of his clubs is here, and he’d make an appearance every few months or so - but not much more than a hi-and-a-nod thing.  In Nashville, we generally try to be courteous and leave the famous folks be; they already get more than enough of the fanboy crap from the tourists.  ;)

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, I can't watch the feeds now because I'm just finishing work, but apparently, Rockstar's annoying Sam. Well, I guess it's now a certainty that Rockstar isn't staying. Don't piss off Sam, Rockstar. You don't want a pissed off Sam.

Although Pinky’s definitely doing the wrong thing, I get why a little bit.  Pinky feels the need to campaign, but most everybody except Sam has been blowing Pinky off when she starts talking game.  Originally Sam wasn’t actively discouraging Pinky - Sam has been recently, with increasing levels of curtness - but Pinky’s inherent self-absorption gets in the way of seeing the change in Sam’s decreasing level of receptivity.  So Pinky will keep prattling on to Sam as the one person who will unfailingly listen to her - and she will probably be totally shocked when the pressure valve on Sam’s toleration finally pops.

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Tweaking the soil salinity, maybe?

1 hour ago, Wings said:

Depends on how much you use, and what you’re trying to do. Salt in the soil absorbs free water, which reduces the amount available for root uptake.  Usually that’s a bad thing - but if your environment stays supersaturated a lot of the time, salt can be used (sparingly) to balance it out.

I have never heard of this.  I have been obliterating green growth with salt for decades!  

1 minute ago, threebluestars said:

I think JC would have a good chance with Slip n Slide. I think Fessy would have the worst time - higher centre of gravity.

I agree, JC had this but does he want it, is the question.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, kellog010 said:

RS trying for force a commitment for her vote out of Sam and she is dodging it.

Are we going to have a Sam blow up tonight?

Just now, threebluestars said:

I think JC would have a good chance with Slip n Slide. I think Fessy would have the worst time - higher centre of gravity.

I think JC could win the Slip n Slide too. I'd love to see JC's nominations.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Wings said:

Your commitment to dog rescue is the best. We'll keep you up to date on the house !

• Love 7