Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Never mind to my previous point. Bayleigh's convinced that Angela won't put her up and Haleigh's the one going on the block.

Monday can't come fast enough.

This could have been a scenario if:

1.  Bay found out it was Hay who won the Hacker and put Tyler up and could ALSO convince Angela it was true.

2.  Bay didn't explain in detail how her power app works this week.  She did NOT know that Rachel thought it was for this week only and that was what L4 believed.  Well until Bay volunteered all the details for the hell of it to everyone. 

So ... if they still thought it ended this week then she would no longer be a threat and if Hay was exposed then Hay could indeed be up on the block.

About Hay.  She just half-assed it this week.  She has more power than anyone in the game every should and if she wanted Tyler out this was her week to take that shot.  But instead she tosses the veto to Kaycee instead of going all in and competing for it.  Especially bad if she could have lied that someone picked her for the veto.  If she won or others ahead of her took prizes and she inherited the veto, she could have controlled the game this week.

Hay is the best player on the other side and has been on no one's radar apparently but the numbers are getting low and she should have taken her shot when she could.  She is just lucky it didn't completely backfire and the other side has convinced themselves that Bay was the hacker.  Because if I believed Bay's power ended this week my #1 target would definitely be Hay seeing what I get to see from the sidelines here.  But in game they don't seem to be watching her much.

Also I said half-assed in choosing Kaycee.  Maybe totally instead.  She could have picked Fessy because why else does she keep him wrapped around her finger if not for moments like this?  She flirts just enough to keep Fessy as her trained dog while still keeping him at bay.  I guess that makes her the dog whisperer.

Also a big WHEW!  Yes anything crazy can happen but it looks good so far that Angela isn't going to go all Rachel paranoid and will take Tyler off the block.  But it ain't over until it's over and Tyler is actually off the block.  (Yes I always see the glass half empty).

Edited by green
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I love it when they talk money. Don't they get like an automatic 5k or 10k if they make it jury? 

They make a weekly stipend. 

But I had heard talk on the feeds that 3rd, 4th & 5th place get money. I think I heard 3rd- $7,500, 4th, $5,000 5th- $2,500. This could be wrong- but they get something on top of their stipend. I think this was to encourage them all to actually play the game to the end instead of just asking for Jury and then getting there and becoming blobs. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Sketcher said:

This is so ridiculously stupid for someone who wants to win Big Brother by getting the most jury votes. 

It is. But once L6 is exposed to the jurors, if Angela is sitting next to another L6-er, it won’t matter. They all betrayed everyone who wasn’t L6. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, BBFanTX said:

Usually the cast gets a stipend every week, except the final 2. Of course, the winner gets $500,000. Second place gets $50,000. America’s Favorite Player gets $25,000. The other players get close to $1,000 for each week they are in the BB house. So, if they are evicted before Jury, they can not make additional money; however, the players who make it to jury continue to make the $1,000 a week. Also, the AFP gets the weekly stipend as well.

(For example:

Evicted week 3: close to $3,000.

Evicted week 10: close to $13,000 because they are in the jury house.)

On a side note, there are competitions that involve money that players can win. We’ve seen a $25,000 prize so far, and a low prize of $5,000.

I heard the HG's talking early in the season that this yeaar, the longer you stayed in the house, the more money you got. They said ti was different from previous seasons.  SO while a juror still makes some money, the longer you stay in, you would make more than just jury.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, BBFanTX said:

I am back home today just NW of Houston. What city did you visit @GalvDuck? I go to Waco 1x every six weeks. Sounds like a place to check out. 

I went to West to stand with the Patriot Guard Riders and others at a fireman’s funeral after the explosion.  The Westboro Not-Really-Baptist Church was there and we wanted to block them from the mourners’ view.

I stayed in a hotel in Waco though because so many first responders and Red Cross people needed to stay closer in West.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

They make a weekly stipend. 

But I had heard talk on the feeds that 3rd, 4th & 5th place get money. I think I heard 3rd- $7,500, 4th, $5,000 5th- $2,500. This could be wrong- but they get something on top of their stipend. I think this was to encourage them all to actually play the game to the end instead of just asking for Jury and then getting there and becoming blobs. 

Fessy and Rockstar were talking about that this morning and Fessy said 3rd is $10,000 before they said you are not allowed to talk about production

Edited by Sandycat
  • Love 2

Angela talking to Brett about Bayleigh making Scottie swear on the Bible.  She says, "I'm going to use that in my speech for sure.  How dare you have someone put their hand on the Bible and swear.  This is a game.  You don't bring religion and God into this.  That's not right.  That's fucked up.  That's so mean.  Oh my God.  If I told Sam that...that's the kind of personal shit that she hates."  Interesting take from Angela, the Queen of Mean.

• Love 4

Brett and Angela are talking about telling Sam about the Bible swearing (still confused if it's Bayleigh or Rachel who made him swear, I'm still thinking Bayleigh) because it'll make me mad and set her off. But then they talked about not doing it. 

I need them to now. I need this so badly. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4

I hope Angela’s speech on Monday goes something like this: “In this country we have this thing called separation of church and state. Well, I strongly believe in the Big Brother house there should also be a separation of church and GAME. Shame on you, Bayleigh.”

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

I went to West to stand with the Patriot Guard Riders and others at a fireman’s funeral after the explosion.  The Westboro Not-Really-Baptist Church was there and we wanted to block them from the mourners’ view.

Thank you for blocking those...people...I guess.

• Love 4

Angela talking to Brett about how she tried to smooth things over with Rockstar before the veto happened.  She said she told her that because of the hacker thing, that the people she was putting on the block weren't really her target and she said to Rockstar, "I tried to tell you that indiscreetly."  This is the 2nd time now that I've heard Angela say indiscreetly when I'm pretty sure what she means is discreetly.  Indiscreetley/discreetly, casket/gasket, chest/chess (that one was another one that came directly from our One Point Away from Being a Genius Queen Bay)--have I missed anything else?

• Love 3

Brett: "She [Rockstar] hates me."
Angela: "I know."
Brett: "No. She haaaates me."

He's claiming that his next speech will include a bit about his secret alliance with Rockstar and how he was the one that gave her the idea for the pots and pans because he was in on it. 

• Love 10
Just now, Callaphera said:

Brett: "She [Rockstar] hates me."
Angela: "I know."
Brett: "No. She haaaates me."

He's claiming that his next speech will include a bit about his secret alliance with Rockstar and how he was the one that gave her the idea for the pots and pans because he was in on it. 

YES. Finally, back to the really funny speeches! 

• Love 4

I see why L6 works so well. An example was when Brett was acting super pissed, an insecure alliance would have freaked out. They all communicate and plan their next moves in advance and set up before something happens so it seems less sketchy when they do things. It may not be fun to watch for some (sorry!) but I enjoy it. I particularly enjoy the Hive being confused each week. It entertains me. I'm also glad that Brett sees right through JC.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I can't watch Sam measure out flour. She just taps the measuring cup on the side of the flour bin and calls it good. Nooo!

I had to rewind to see what you were talking about.  She made two boo boos according to a baking website I follow.  You're not supposed to scoop the flour out with the measuring cup and you're not supposed to tap the cup either to try to level anything.

• Love 2

Now Tyler is telling Angela that he thinks that maybe Bayleigh can use her power at the veto.

If Angela gets worried about this and this somehow derails the Bayleigh backdoor, I'll be so pissed.  They say they're going to push the theory that Brett is the hacker.

• Love 5

Angela thinks it's unlikely that Bayleigh can change the noms at any point if Bayleigh gets nervous.  But Tyler is really acting worried about this.  Angela better not chicken out!

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, zorak said:

I had to rewind to see what you were talking about.  She made two boo boos according to a baking website I follow.  You're not supposed to scoop the flour out with the measuring cup and you're not supposed to tap the cup either to try to level anything.

I break the first rule all the time but you scoop more than you need (and carefully and slowly) and then level it off with the back of a butter knife. In reality and a perfect world, you'd weigh it. She's supposedly making a chocolate sheet cake which is a little more forgiving for a recipe, it's not a pastry that needs a proper balance of ingredients, but still! The cup wasn't even full and she was dumping it into the mixing bowl. I just...

Confirmed: Sam is not Martha Fucking Stewart. 'Cause Martha Fucking Stewart wouldn't let that shit fly in her kitchen. (Martha went to jail and came out with a kicky poncho crocheted by her fellow inmates. I feel like she's deserving of the sweary nickname.)

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 9

Tyler's paranoia getting to him. He should know from his own power it's not both.

Also makes no sense to give a power to change both nominations after veto is played.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 4
Just now, kellog010 said:

Tyler's paranoia getting to him. He should know from his own power it's not both.

He was in the DR before he started talking about being worried about Bayleigh's power so DR is clearly fishing for material for Wednesday's episode. We'll see if he lets DR's manipulations work on him or if he thinks things through tomorrow.

Bayleigh staying isn't the worst, because then Rockstar goes, but I need the drama stemming from Bayleigh's backdoor. Though Angela may put up Haleigh and the idea that the Hacker may get evicted is a hilarious thought.

But please no to Haleigh because she's now in my top three favourites for this season with the current ones still in the game.

• Love 2

Now Tyler is pushing his paranoia to Kaycee about Bayleigh changing the noms and putting up Tyler and Kaycee or some combo like that which would hurt their alliance.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I break the first rule all the time but you scoop more than you need (and carefully and slowly) and then level it off with the back of a butter knife. In reality and a perfect world, you'd weigh it. 

I don't weigh mine by any means.  The site I follow says to spoon it in to the measuring cup, not pack it down, and then level it with a knife, so that's what I do.

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kaycee telling Tyler that he's safe and he gets to go to Hawaii. 

Why did Angela want the veto? Like why not just let Tyler win it? Maybe she just really wants to twist the knife in Bay lol.

She said it was the only way to control for sure what would happen.  She was worried because Scottie was offering her the money for the veto and didn't think he would do that if he felt like he was safe, even though she had said she wasn't going to put him up again.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

aka JC is judging the fuck out of Tyler.

Ay-yep.

2 hours ago, leocadia said:

I would say that everyone left in the house except for Sam, Rockstar and Faysal are playing at least a passable game.  I think that's what keeps this season from devolving into a Paul or Derrick type scenario.  Yes, Tyler is at the center of things, but that doesn't mean that everyone else has just rolled over and stopped playing. 

Agreed. It's also JUST NOW the beginning of jury.  It is still way too soon to be calling anyone coasting to the end.

5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kaycee telling Tyler that he's safe and he gets to go to Hawaii. 

Why did Angela want the veto? Like why not just let Tyler win it? Maybe she just really wants to twist the knife in Bay lol.

Yeah, I think she just really wanted to have all of the power this week. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TimWil said:

I hope Angela’s speech on Monday goes something like this: “In this country we have this thing called separation of church and state. Well, I strongly believe in the Big Brother house there should also be a separation of church and GAME. Shame on you, Bayleigh.”

Wish I could "like" this 1000 times :)

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

If it's like previous years, then Tyler as first place finisher would have received a crap prize that he could keep or trade for someone else's prize. Angela probably didn't want the crap punishment prize, so Brett ended up with it (I think he said Insta-grammy-pants or something to that effect) and Tyler took Brett's trip.

I think Tyler like the rest of us don't understand why Bay has done the things she has done- because they don't make sense and are horrible moves. He doesn't realize that she actually isn't that good at Big Brother and not actually a Big Brother mastermind. 

Hence him trying to win the Veto last week- he didn't understand how he WASN'T a potential nominee.

• Love 7

Since Angela, Tyler, and Kaycee are worried about the possibility of Scottie saying something to Bayleigh about being the replacement nom, perhaps it would have been wise to never say that's what they wanted to do when Scottie was sitting in the room.  I thought it was odd that they would say that in front of him when they can't know for sure if he really is on their side now or not.

• Love 3

Now they are saying they should play up Angela would put Brett up, which to me sounds like a better plan.

ETA: Angela now says she will "ask" Bayleigh for advice.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 2

Angela says she still plans on putting Bayleigh up 100%.  And for those of us who have been wondering about the Bayleigh/Rachel Bible debate,  Angela just said that Bayleigh made him swear on the Bible and then Tyler said Rachel had made him do it, too.  

Edited by zorak
  • Love 6

Swaggy is - that's right, you guessed it - salty as hell about all of this on Twitter, including accusing Angela of playing the race card. Because she told Bayleigh that she wanted Bayleigh to be the first black woman to win and really, she's going to backdoor her just like how Swaggy was backdoored. 

Bring popcorn.

• Love 11