Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Trini said:

I know he's busy, but I'm surprised there hasn't been more interviews/PR with Grant with the Savitar reveal and going into the closing episodes of the season. Hmmm.

------------------

This week's Chronicles of Cisco, about Killer Frost with way too many pop culture references.

I don't know if the press was on set for the last few episodes of the season. They were there during filming for 17-20, I think.

On 5/2/2017 at 7:38 PM, Katsullivan said:

She couldn't qualify Caitlin x Cisco as platonic fast enough. Apparently, she does know what the word means. She's just selective about what she applies it to. 

She also stated that Barry has been all about Iris "lately", connoting his feelings as a recent thing, and not something that has been a fabric of the show since the Pilot.

Beyond any doubt, this show is definitely going to end on Snowbarry. 

I can't tell - are you being sarcastic, saying the show is definitely going to end on Snowbarry?

(edited)

Not much new info here, but LOL at this quote:

“Those scenes that are coming up over the next few episodes, as everyone gets a real glimpse of this person, it’s this mixture of both horror and sadness,” Kreisberg continues. “His visage is obviously very upsetting — seeing the scar and the milky white eye, but also seeing the person that you love be so twisted. Barry Allen, who probably has the gentlest soul of all of the characters in the Arrowverse, to just see how far he could fall, he’s both terrifying, but it’s also heartbreaking.”

Ugh. Step away from this show, Kreisberg. Hey, I like Barry, but "gentlest soul"? While also making much of this season depressing?

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Trini said:

Ugh. Step away from this show, Kreisberg. Hey, I like Barry, but "gentlest soul"? While also making much of this season depressing?

Maybe gentlest is a nicer way of saying wimpiest.  This is the same guy who needs constant encouragement and backpatting to muster than gumption to take his morning shit.

• Love 1
On 5/2/2017 at 6:51 PM, doram said:

? The only Caitlin romance Danielle has ever been interested in selling is the non - existent one with Barry which is why I think there's a grain of truth in the theory that the show is angling for an eventual Snowbarry endgame. ?

Just being curious, what is your theory on how snowbarry could be a possible endgame ?

I keep waiting for Evil Barry to have some sort of epic tragic showdown with Iris.

It's probably not going to happen but seeing her face him in the sizzle reel gave me a thrill. 

They need to make Iris be the one or the key to defeating him.  Come on show even a fanfic writer could pull this off!!!!!

• Love 2

The latest Honest Trailer is for Fifty Shades Darker. At the very end, he fulfills requests to say specific phrases (unrelated to the movie). The winner:
"My name is Oliver Queen and I'm the fastest man alive. After I blew up those time masters, I was sent to earth to protect my cousin."

• Love 3
14 hours ago, tofutan said:

I totally expect Savitar to be defeated by true love. Doesn't everybody? 

Yes, but I still hold out hope for Iris to be touching his face and then Joe uses a Barrett .50 cal sniper rifle to pop his head like a watermelon.

• Love 2

This week's Chronicles of Cisco:

Eat.  Sleep.  Look for a power source - rinse, repeat.  That has been my life for the last few days – I’m going on very little sleep.  I think my eyelids are somehow staying open on their own.  I’m so burnt out and in heated moment in front of H.R. and Tracy – I threw in the towel.  This can’t be done.  My outburst caused the two to have a very heated debate about heroes, which led H.R. to reveal he’s never seen the original Star Wars trilogy.  Tracy and I were dumbfounded – I told him to watch it a hundred times since he’s come to this earth. ...

16 hours ago, tofutan said:

Is there any website that collects all the CW promo posters for the DC shows? I think it would be really interesting to look all of them as a set. 

SpoilerTV.com maybe. I don't know of anyplace that would have them all in one gallery.

------

CW 2017-2018 Season promo:

Besides Barry/Flash, there's 0.2 seconds of Iris.

They are the only couple from the 4 superhero shows featured though. Right? At least I don't recognize any of the other couples, I think those are mostly from the new shows, right? 

53 minutes ago, tofutan said:

They are the only couple from the 4 superhero shows featured though. Right? At least I don't recognize any of the other couples, I think those are mostly from the new shows, right? 

Yeah, it seems so.

http://chroniclesofcisco.tumblr.com/post/160854701215/like-the-weird-human-that-he-is-hr-has-once

Like the weird human that he is, H.R. has once again revealed something about himself that makes me scratch my head – apparently, H.R. is the best at heists, he even has the books he’s written to prove it.  But for me, seeing is believing.  We went to the workshop where I prompted him with the task of hosting his very own heist within S.T.A.R. Labs. ...

On 5/18/2017 at 11:44 PM, tofutan said:

Definitely takes credence from the possibility of Iris dying or Candice being sent off if they're putting her in their Network sizzle reel. Perhaps there's hope for Westallen fans after all.

• Love 1

The fact that after her "death" there haven't been any exit interviews with Candice or the producers is much more telling. But I've never thought she was leaving anyway.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, doram said:

Barry's idea of stopping the future is by changing a series of random events that just happen to occur at that time, instead of - I dunno? - figuring out who/what Savitar is and how he escapes from the SFP? Savitar has a whole cult of worshippers just roaming around Central City and the world, chilling, but it's not until moments before Savitar escapes that anyone from Team Flash stop to see if they can get information from them?

This is where making Iris a more active agent in her own story, in this whole show could  have proved so useful. There are so many opportunities for this show to be elevated and everytime, they keep missing them. 

• Love 2

I was so sad to hear it, the Helbings were such a team and were clearly well connected to the heart of the story. He wrote the finale, yes? So it's even more sure it's to be an emotional gut punch. I'll miss their teamwork, but I'm glad we still have Todd.

• Love 1
(edited)

Agree with just about everything in there! Bring back the fun, villains of the week, do away with season long villains, yep. All sounds like the perfect fix to me.

I hadn't thought of sending Wally away and making him more recurring, but it is kind of true that they don't know what to do with him all the time, because he's another speedster.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 5

3) Give Iris a Real Storyline

Remember when Iris was a reporter? Yeah, me neither. Of all of the members of Team Flash, Iris has been short-changed the most when it comes to having her own storylines. It’s always about dating and Barry being jealous. Well, now that Iris and Barry are finally together, let Iris have a bigger role than just hanging around S.T.A.R. Labs being fashionable because she isn’t a meta. Even when it came to her own death this season she rarely got a say in how things were being handled. Let Iris have her own narrative arcs — have her buy Jitters or something with the trust funds and full bank accounts these characters apparently have, or at least let her get back to reporting, something!

I am all for this. They need to give Iris more to do.

• Love 3

The finale has aired, but still no cast announcements. Are Tom Felton and Anne Dudek staying? Someone must be leaving. Seems weird we haven't heard anything.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Trini said:

The finale has aired, but still no cast announcements. Are Tom Felton and Anne Dudek staying? Someone must be leaving. Seems weird we haven't heard anything.

Why must someone be leaving? I hope Tom is staying. I really grew to love Julian/Caitlin. I hope Tracy stays as well.

4 hours ago, doram said:

Gosh they need to go. Both of them. Tracy didn't do anything that Wally couldn't have done as an engineer and as someone with an emotional connection with HR. Julian's entire purpose was to remind people that the white woman is still shaggable. Narratively, he served zero purpose after the Alchemy arc and it's starkly obvious in the last episodes when Caitlin's emotional crux is entirely Cisco. 

Talking about Caitlin, it won't be a bad idea if TF handed her over to LOT on a semi-permanent basis. 

LOL, what? Julian is only around to show that "the white woman is still shaggable?" Um, no. 

You may want Caitlin shipped off to another show but since the shows EP said DP isn't leaving, it looks like that's not happening.

• Love 3

I thought I read somewhere the Anne Dudek would go on to Legends. I swear I read that before her first appearance on Flash, but now I can't find the source anymore. 

8 hours ago, tofutan said:

I thought I read somewhere the Anne Dudek would go on to Legends. I swear I read that before her first appearance on Flash, but now I can't find the source anymore. 

I support that. She'd be useful, perhaps, considering their predicament. And she's fun, assuming she doesn't spend her days mourning HR.

OK wait, I don't support that. If she'll be in mourning, she needs to stay on The Flash and be a buzzkill, she'll fit right in. Let Legends stay the fun and enjoyable show it has become. If they need her, maybe they can pluck her from a different point in her timeline.

I would, however like for Julian to stay on The Flash. That type of character (slightly abrasive and emotionally stunted but funny) is a good fit for the show (we had Eobard, then Harry and now Julian). If we were to keep Harry, maybe Julian wouldn't be needed, but if Tom Cavanagh insists on playing some other random character again, maybe we can keep Julian to bring that spice to the team.

'Behind The Season Finale' -- comments from some of the cast about the season and the finale; No Grant, but Candice, Tom F., Tom C., and Jessica Camacho.

• Love 1

Last(?) Chronicles of Cisco: http://chroniclesofcisco.tumblr.com/post/161246833870/this-is-it-play-the-boyz-to-men-song-ive-come

This is it.  Play the Boyz to Men song – I’ve come to the end of the road.  This is the final chapter, the last hurrah – I’m working on the bazooka for Savitar with Killer Frost lurking nearby - and I know what this all means.  I am a dead man.  There’s no coming back from this alive.  Everything hurts including my heart.  I don’t even know what to do or where to begin so, I’m going to say by goodbyes in hopes that when Barry beats Savitar once and for all (I know you can, Barry!) he’ll find this and tell everyone goodbye for me. ...

• Love 1
(edited)

DVD/Blu-ray announcement - the crossover episodes are not included this time:

Just in time for the fourth season premiere of the #1 show on The CW, catch the fastest man alive as he zigzags through the action-packed release of The Flash: The Complete Third Season from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Blu-ray and DVD on September 5, 2017.  ...  Fans will be able to revisit all 23 electrifying episodes from the third season, including the DC-crossover episode, plus over two hours of extra content, including behind-the-scenes featurettes on the "Invasion!" cross over episode and the "Duets" musical episode, a conversation with Andrew Kreisberg and Kevin Smith, deleted scenes, and more. The Flash: The Complete Third Season is priced to own at $49.99 SRP for the DVD and $54.97 SRP for the Blu-ray which includes a Digital Copy.

BLU-RAY & DVD FEATURES:

• The Flash: 2016 Comic-Con Panel
  • A Flash in Time: Time Travel in the Flash Universe
  • Villain School: The Flash Rogues
  • Allied: The Invasion Complex (The Flash)
  • Rise of Gorilla City
  • The Flash: I'm Your Super Friend
  • The Flash: Hitting the Fast Note
  • Harmony in a Flash
  • Synchronicity in a Flash
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Gag Reel

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Flash-Season-3-Press-Release/23332

Edited by Trini

So it's been officially confirmed by TVLine that Clifford DeVoe/The Thinker is the villain for next season. They're looking for a 40-something actor to play him.

I still REALLY think the show would be better off by not introducing the Big Bad to the characters until the last six episodes or so, and spend most of the season on fun, villains of the week stuff. But I guess that thought just won't sink in and they desperately want to stay with the Buffy formula. It doesn't work well on this show though- it puts a cloud of doom over the season if they know they're dealing with a bad guy for 23 episodes that they can't defeat until May.

Still, I at least hope his goal isn't focused on Barry personally and more on Central City or something.