Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Kandi & Brandi LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Smoothcoat said:

Good luck!! I’m having surgery next Wednesday! I might not be awake for the chat here that night:(

Good luck to you, too!  Sending good vibes your way.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, simba barracuda said:

I wonder if they’re told by the show that they can’t have a home scale? Because there should be scales that can weigh them there

I would have had a scale as soon as I reached the 400s.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, simba barracuda said:

I wonder if they’re told by the show that they can’t have a home scale? Because there should be scales that can weigh them there

That always bugs me. "I'm so nervous about the weigh in because I have no idea if I'm on track!" If you're under 400, you can definitely get a scale for home so you can, y'know, keep track of that!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Holy moly, what on earth would you do all day if you didn't work? It doesn't look like they have hobbies or read or do things. 

All I've been thinking about for the part hour is gee, wouldn't it be great to be young and not work for a living....And go to the gym (personal  trainer) whenever I  want, travel to visit family whenever I  want, have all my medical  needs met,  have all day to shop, cook, etc.   Instead I'm still working at 64.  Sigh.........

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, Smoothcoat said:

Good luck!! I’m having surgery next Wednesday! I might not be awake for the chat here that night:(

Remember, we are all here thinking good thoughts for a successful outcome for you!

• Love 4

Hey y'all! I can't believe I missed the first 50 minutes of the show. I can't even blame it on work. I'm having a helluva day and don't know my own middle name right now.

My eating habit is chicken enchiladas tonight. Or what passes for chicken enchiladas around here. I'm sure they're an abomination to true Mexican enchiladas.

Brandi and Kandi look good! It's such a change to see someone (or someones) following the plan and being successful.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Stuffing her face and waiting for God to lightning bolt the fat off her ass

You outdid yourself!!!  ????

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

Hey y'all! I can't believe I missed the first 50 minutes of the show. I can't even blame it on work. I'm having a helluva day and don't know my own middle name right now.

My eating habit is chicken enchiladas tonight. Or what passes for chicken enchiladas around here. I'm sure they're an abomination to true Mexican enchiladas.

Brandi and Kandi look good! It's such a change to see someone (or someones) following the plan and being successful.

We are Sisters in Chicken Enchiladas!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

All I've been thinking about for the part hour is gee, wouldn't it be great to be young and not work for a living....And go to the gym (personal  trainer) whenever I  want, travel to visit family whenever I  want, have all my medical  needs met,  have all day to shop, cook, etc.   Instead I'm still working at 64.  Sigh.........

Right? I'm two weeks away from 64 and still working too, for at least five more years. I would love to not work! But these two are so boring. Not a book to be seen. What do they do all day? If I didn't work I'd read and cook and my house would be spotless and I'd mess around with my houseplants and I'd have friends over and go out to yard sales and thrift shops and search for treasure. I wish we could get a more nuanced portrait of these people. Its just a bunch of people sitting around dolefully, staring at the wall and wishing they could chow down on a few pizzas and a pan of brownies. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

I had to leave the room for a moment.  What are their weights now?

Under 300 (one was 288 I think?); they lost 75 and 76 pounds in the past 4 months.

Probably best not to have them both get surgery at the same time, anyway. They can help each other recover.

Morning sickness? Why did I have a feeling when she said she'd been feeling sick... 

(edited)

Yay Kandi and Brandi both exceeded their goals!!! I am practically teary eyed and so happy for them.

General question: why do skin removal surgery before the patient is very near or at their goal weight? If it was me, I would rather wait until I was around my goal weight and tell the surgeon to make that shit as tight as possible.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Bleeping autocorrect.
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? I'm two weeks away from 64 and still working too, for at least five more years. I would love to not work! But these two are so boring. Not a book to be seen. What do they do all day? If I didn't work I'd read and cook and my house would be spotless and I'd mess around with my houseplants and I'd have friends over and go out to yard sales and thrift shops and search for treasure. I wish we could get a more nuanced portrait of these people. Its just a bunch of people sitting around dolefully, staring at the wall and wishing they could chow down on a few pizzas and a pan of brownies. 

65 in August. Budget cuts at my uni and probably no raise for a 2nd year. Our fiscal year is July 1; if nothing is happening, I'm gonna have to go when the Medicare kicks in. I'll eat ramen; its better than working harder, getting excellent evaluations, but no friggin' money. My sister younger just retired and she's having a ball. 

• Love 9
Just now, leFay said:

She's got a million inches of excess skin and is getting laid?  I am doing something wrong here... 

You and me, both, Lefay!!!!  Maybe all the chubby chasers hang around Dr. Now's clinic!

• Love 7
Just now, Concerned said:

Talk about burying the lead. We are shown 90 minutes of boring chatter and they skipped the sex scene. Wonder if it was the personal trainer.

One of them said she was dating while one of them was curled up on the couch playing with her phone and the other was making eggs. (Sorry, can't keep track of who's who.)

• Love 1