Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

(edited)
45 minutes ago, cvogue said:

I agree with what Cassie said on her instagram. They all go into auditions knowing the rules and compensation, etc . Period. No one is forced into anything and they sign a contract that spells out every detail. If Erika's pay was shorted, why wait this long to bring it up?? 

I frankly felt bad thAt three girls abandoned the contract midway into the season last year. There were girls who would've been on that squad if they had left during TC or just not even auditioned. 

Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't believe that K & J would ever do anything that would be considered nefarious or inappropriate when it comes to the organization. They've both invested their entire adult lives in the DCC and the Cowboys. 

Do they really see all the HR policies at the audition stage? Or is it after they've made it into Training Camp?

Cassie doesn't know what she's talking about. She can romanticize her experience as much as she wants, but that doesn't mean her experience is identical to every other DCC. She would be wise to stay silent given that there is a lawsuit in the mix now.

K&J don't have to have nefarious intentions to be ambiguous or sloppy. I suspect there has been a lot of that going on.

Edited by veronicamers
  • Love 6

I think it’s as simple as the organization has gotten away with paying these women as little as possible, with NO HEALTH INSURANCE, for decades, simply because they can. Well guess what? It’s the 21st century now and I think women deserve more than working and starving their butts off to be DCC. It kills me they don’t get health insurance. Especially given all of the injuries.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yep, and if she flubbed on her timesheet, well, that's on her.

This is why I’m surprised Shelly was posting about this

Oh, I didn't realize she posted this, I was just making a guess.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I think it’s as simple as the organization has gotten away with paying these women as little as possible, with NO HEALTH INSURANCE, for decades, simply because they can. Well guess what? It’s the 21st century now and I think women deserve more than working and starving their butts off to be DCC. It kills me they don’t get health insurance. Especially given all of the injuries.

I agree! People should get paid for the hours they work and get some decent benefits, and it should include NFL cheerleaders, the cashier at the local grocery store, or the person picking up your garbage once a week.

13 hours ago, DBAAT said:

That interview by Erica just shocks me!!! She is definitely bitter. I have friends who have cheered in the NFL, and that is not their main job. They do it for the love of entertaining, the perks and the notoriety. This is purely speculation, but I would say that most of these women would do it for free if it was between being a DCC or not. She obviously has not felt with adversity much in her life, and just isn't sure how to handle it. This is not the way. Nobody has a perfect life without failure or mistakes. Something a lot, not most, of this generation lacks. 

Real talk — anyone who would do that is pathetic.

it’s work. It’s a job. It is a trained profession.  Value yourself.

• Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Oh, I didn't realize she posted this, I was just making a guess.

To be precise as I certainly don’t want to give the impression that Shelly said something that she didn’t, she never specifically said that Erica flubbed her time sheets. However, in successive posts, she pointed out how it’s the girl’s responsibility to log her own hours and stressed that it’s a part-time job. I just read between the lines that the implication is that she didn’t get paid these hours because she didn’t log them. If I were Erica’s lawyer and saw those posts, that’s what I would take from it and plan accordingly. It’s all speculation on my part though for sure.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I agree! People should get paid for the hours they work and get some decent benefits, and it should include NFL cheerleaders, the cashier at the local grocery store, or the person picking up your garbage once a week.

Sadly, it isn’t that easy. I have no idea if/ how the cowboys organization could make it work but I do know that a lot of businesses can’t afford to provide good insurance. Or if they are able, the employee has to pay a crap ton. My husband works for a car dealership and insurance through his company for our family is almost a thousand a month. As for increasing pay, it will increase the cost of living for the rest of us. The CEOs of the company aren’t going to take a pay cut, they raise the cost of the service or product. The entire system has become very lopsided. 

My husband is taking business classes and I like to learn. This has been a huge topic. 

On the hours worked part... man some people like to milk the clock. My frustration is that what overtime I am able to get, gets cut smaller and smaller because some employees show up at 6 to “work” but really drink their coffee and hang around. They know how to take their ever loving sweet time or hang around like they are working and then get mad when corporate says no more over time. 

• Love 2
Just now, pizzaislife said:

Sadly, it isn’t that easy. I have no idea if/ how the cowboys organization could make it work but I do know that a lot of businesses can’t afford to provide good insurance. Or if they are able, the employee has to pay a crap ton. My husband works for a car dealership and insurance through his company for our family is almost a thousand a month. As for increasing pay, it will increase the cost of living for the rest of us. The CEOs of the company aren’t going to take a pay cut, they raise the cost of the service or product. The entire system has become very lopsided. 

My husband is taking business classes and I like to learn. This has been a huge topic. 

On the hours worked part... man some people like to milk the clock. My frustration is that what overtime I am able to get, gets cut smaller and smaller because some employees show up at 6 to “work” but really drink their coffee and hang around. They know how to take their ever loving sweet time or hang around like they are working and then get mad when corporate says no more over time. 

The Cowboys have plenty of money to pay these girls health insurance. The only sports franchise in the world that’s more valuable than the Cowboys is Manchester United. We are talking BILLIONS.

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Real talk — anyone who would do that is pathetic.

it’s work. It’s a job. It is a trained profession.  Value yourself.

Ouch. I love community theatre. And I give up countless hours to practice, prep, and perform a show for no money, glory, or perks just because I love acting. 

• Love 12

daytonbramhallHundreds of women have demonstrated nothing less than pure dedication and excellence. I’m blessed to have grown up around this organization.

Since Dayton is in TC I am very surprised she would get involved in this.  She commented this on Cassie's IG

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

I agree it is frustrating. My husband has not gotten a decent pay raise in years, and his insurance deductibles keep going up. And yes, sadly we all have dealt with pain in the behind lazy co-workers.

10 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

The Cowboys have plenty of money to pay these girls health insurance. The only sports franchise in the world that’s more valuable than the Cowboys is Manchester United. We are talking BILLIONS.

The problem is they have said more than once the girls are paid by what they bring in as revenue, and the DCC Organization uses the revenue to pay the girls and give them some benefits. I seriously doubt Jerry Jones will want to dip into the Cowboys revenue to pay the girls more and give them some decent benefits. And lets us not forget the whole standby it is a privilege and a honor not a right to be a part of the Cowboys Organization. *rolling eyes*

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)
5 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

daytonbramhallHundreds of women have demonstrated nothing less than pure dedication and excellence. I’m blessed to have grown up around this organization.

Since Dayton is in TC I am very surprised she would get involved in this.  She commented this on Cassie's IG

I don't like the implication that professional women who want to be fairly compensated for the time, effort, and hours they put into the DCC organization are not showing "pure dedication and excellence." This "it is a privilege and honor and there's the door if you don't like it" stuff may have worked in the past, but we are beyond that now.

Edited by veronicamers
  • Love 22
Just now, bigskygirl said:

I agree it is frustrating. My husband has not gotten a decent pay raise in years, and his insurance deductibles keep going up. And yes, sadly we all have dealt with pain in the behind lazy co-workers.

The problem is they have said more than once the girls are paid by what they bring in as revenue, and the DCC Organization uses the revenue to pay the girls and give them some benefits. I seriously doubt Jerry Jones will want to dip into the Cowboys revenue to pay the girls more and give them some decent benefits. And lets us not forget the whole standby it is a privilege and a right to be a part of the Cowboys Organization. *rolling eyes*

Oh man, I really want to get onto a rant about why athletes and actors make soooooo much money and the rest of the country is lopsided. But alas I have to work for not millions. 

Which (throw your tomatos everyone) I am fine with the cheerleaders making 8 bucks an hour because I think the entire industry needs to come down. Not be inflated even more.

It won’t happen. Football players will make millions, cheerleaders will end up making more than teachers and our schools will no longer teach math but how to hold a football.  (Pizza opinion not actual scientificky opinion)

Side note: I am still really bitter that they canceled school for the teacher walkout but athletics were still allowed to play and meet. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

I don't like the implication that professional women who want to be fairly compensated for the time, effort, and hours they put into the DCC organization are not showing "pure dedication and excellence." This "it is a privilege and honor and there's the door if you don't like it" stuff may have worked in the past, but we are past that now.

17 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

Ouch. I love community theatre. And I give up countless hours to practice, prep, and perform a show for no money, glory, or perks just because I love acting. 

But this isn’t a hobby. It’s a job.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

I don't like the implication that professional women who want to be fairly compensated for the time, effort, and hours they put into the DCC organization are not showing "pure dedication and excellence." This "it is a privilege and honor and there's the door if you don't like it" stuff may have worked in the past, but we are past that now.

Yes, this is a bad look for the organization. There is nothing wrong with expecting to be compensated for the work that you put in. I’m salaried, so I don’t deal with OT, but if my pay check is not deposited on the day that it’s supposed to be, you better believe I’m going to be sending an email regarding the status of my paycheck, not because I’m entitled or disrespectful of my employer or am not doing it for the “right reasons.” I expect to be compensated for the work I’ve done! I see no reason why the DCCs would be different. 

Now, Erica may be lying, and she may have been paid for all of the work that she did at the rate she agreed to. People can lie in lawsuits, but that’s a different story than this “i would work for free because it’s an honor” nonsense that several former DCCs are spouting.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

unfortunately,  they won't show shit.  i hope Charlotte is sweating in her Lanvin suit right now. 

This seriously cracked me up! She is so stressed right now, the Botox is allowing a wrinkle to appear. 

• Love 4

Erica got fired and well I'm not sure she is due her compensation. That being said pay these employees more than flipping fry cooks! They pay more for decoration and confetti! And while they may think of them as decoration you are requiring them to be highly trained physically fit dancers! Pay them for their talents! Nothing will change my mind about that.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, pizzaislife said:

But they're not trying to tout you out as the best actor/actress in the profession. Nor is your community theatre part of a billion dollar franchise. The DCC call themselves professional cheerleaders which comes with professional responsibilities.

Also - yay community theatre. 

38 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I'm tired of women putting other women down for trying to fight for a cause they believe in, even if it's mostly to benefit herself. It has the potential to benefit tons of other girls as well.

Yeh. Whether or not Erica wins her case she has every right to bring it and clearly her lawyers think it has merit and a good chance in court. I bet the Cowboys settle tho. Her execution may not be ideal but overall I support Erica - I'm a huge fan of the DCC (HUGE) and Kelli, Judy, Shelly etc but grievances deserve to be heard and if they don't have merit the judge will rule in the Cowboys' favour. It's very brave of Erica to take on the Cowboys even if she ends up being in the wrong it's taking GUTS. If that's what DCC/alumni are saying on social can you imagine what she's receiving by text and email??

ALSO

How glad are K/J that they replaced the Erica shot with Maddie now?!?!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

She also wants to stay in TC so...#noshade

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

To be precise as I certainly don’t want to give the impression that Shelly said something that she didn’t, she never specifically said that Erica flubbed her time sheets. However, in successive posts, she pointed out how it’s the girl’s responsibility to log her own hours and stressed that it’s a part-time job. I just read between the lines that the implication is that she didn’t get paid these hours because she didn’t log them. If I were Erica’s lawyer and saw those posts, that’s what I would take from it and plan accordingly. It’s all speculation on my part though for sure.

I love though that they are putting this on the girls like they randomly decide when they do practice/tc/appearances etc.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

But they're not trying to tout you out as the best actor/actress in the profession. Nor is your community theatre part of a billion dollar franchise. The DCC call themselves professional cheerleaders which comes with professional responsibilities.

Also - yay community theatre. 

Yeh. Whether or not Erica wins her case she has every right to bring it and clearly her lawyers think it has merit and a good chance in court. I bet the Cowboys settle tho. Her execution may not be ideal but overall I support Erica - I'm a huge fan of the DCC (HUGE) and Kelli, Judy, Shelly etc but grievances deserve to be heard and if they don't have merit the judge will rule in the Cowboys' favour. It's very brave of Erica to take on the Cowboys even if she ends up being in the wrong it's taking GUTS. If that's what DCC/alumni are saying on social can you imagine what she's receiving by text and email??

ALSO

How glad are K/J that they replaced the Erica shot with Maddie now?!?!

Oh. I was just pointing out that some people really do just want to do it because they love it so it isn’t surprising that some of the cheerleaders would do it for free. I think it was a response to a comment that people who would do that need to have more pride in themselves. Or value. I can’t remember. Any who, the point was that it’s not crazy that some people would do it for the love of it. Not stating that all of them are. But that the ones that do aren’t crazy either ?

• Love 2
(edited)

Ok, I need clarification on something....I thought Erica had to leave the team because of a nagging back injury. What rule did she break? 

AND, have there been any training camp cuts yet?

Edited by DiehardDCCFan
2 minutes ago, DiehardDCCFan said:

Ok, I need clarification on something....I thought Erica had to leave the team because of a nagging back injury. What rule did she break? 

AND, have there been any training camp cuts yet?

Erica was cut due to sneaking out of the locker room during the time the vets were at Canton for the HOF after being told to stay in the locker room. She went to the bleachers and took pictures of herself with a drink and sent them to a few of her fellow DCCs. Jenna allegedly ratted her out to save her bacon to Kelli and Judy. Her cut scene was not shown. She did have shoulder surgery earlier this year. I thought someone stated they were thinking of making her an All-Star due to her injury and not being able to practice or perform with the team.

32 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

Oh. I was just pointing out that some people really do just want to do it because they love it so it isn’t surprising that some of the cheerleaders would do it for free. I think it was a response to a comment that people who would do that need to have more pride in themselves. Or value. I can’t remember. Any who, the point was that it’s not crazy that some people would do it for the love of it. Not stating that all of them are. But that the ones that do aren’t crazy either ?

Even if every single one one of the girls were willing to do it for free, it's still a job and there are laws regarding how you must compensate employees.  Had they chosen to make it a volunteer based-project, then that would be a different story.  But they didn't.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Even if every single one one of the girls were willing to do it for free, it's still a job and there are laws regarding how you must compensate employees.  Had they chosen to make it a volunteer based-project, then that would be a different story.  But they didn't.

I see your point of view. I personally do not understand the big thrill to being a DCC is (sorry but this is how I feel.) The girls should be compensated for the work they do and be treated with some respect.

A poster said the girls are paid with the revenue that they bring in and it makes no since to be paid so low especially considering I think they bring in a ton of revenue especially with the calendars, appearances, and even the show.... I wonder how much revenue is brought in from all the DCC do 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The problem is they have said more than once the girls are paid by what they bring in as revenue, and the DCC Organization uses the revenue to pay the girls and give them some benefits. I seriously doubt Jerry Jones will want to dip into the Cowboys revenue to pay the girls more and give them some decent benefits. 

This. The Jones family is not going to take money from their own profit to pay cheerleaders more. That’s not how most businesses work. A for profit hospital is not going to take CEO or physician revenue to pay CNAs or housekeeping more, even though those employers work super hard and are likeable. Business is not about fairness, but about making money for the owners. 

1 minute ago, Angie said:

A poster said the girls are paid with the revenue that they bring in and it makes no since to be paid so low especially considering I think they bring in a ton of revenue especially with the calendars, appearances, and even the show.... I wonder how much revenue is brought in from all the DCC do 

Kelli has said about a million dollars. I don’t know if that’s still accurate, or if that’s the profit left after expenses. Take out salaries and benefits for staff, overhead, then the advertising, costumes, music rights, travel, etc. and there’s just not much left to split among 36 girls. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Kelli has said about a million dollars. I don’t know if that’s still accurate, or if that’s the profit left after expenses. Take out salaries and benefits for staff, overhead, then the advertising, costumes, music rights, travel, etc. and there’s just not much left to split among 36 girls. 

That's NOT the problem of the 36 girls.  Again, the law is the law is the law.  There is no "well, we can't afford that, your honor" exception.  If you can't pay the girls what is required under the law, then don't hire them in the first place.  If you do decide to hire them and then can't pay them, then the employer is liable.

And while I'm at it.  It does not matter that Erica was fired.  They still have to pay her what she was owed under the law for the time she DID work for Cowboy's organization.  Also, it is irrelevant that she reauditioned knowing what the pay was.  An employer cannot excuse their failure to pay someone what they are owed under the law by claiming "well, she knew what she was getting into!"

This is not to say Erica is going to win.  Given all that hoopla the past few years about professional cheerleaders suing, I have got to believe that the Cowboys had already consulted an attorney to make sure their practices were sound.  After all, they had to know they'd be a potential target.  Thus, I'd imagine the DCC has already protected itself in some way, but regardless, there are laws that dictate how employees have to be paid and the DCC MUST obey those laws and nothing the employee did/does can give them an excuse to do otherwise.  If you put in the time, you have to be compensated.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

This. The Jones family is not going to take money from their own profit to pay cheerleaders more. That’s not how most businesses work. A for profit hospital is not going to take CEO or physician revenue to pay CNAs or housekeeping more, even though those employers work super hard and are likeable. Business is not about fairness, but about making money for the owners. 

Thanks for your response. I calculated what I thought Erica said she made in that season of 16,150 and times it by 36 I got 581,400 so I mean they still have over 400,000 to work with unless this other 400,000 or so goes to the staff. It'll be interesting to see if this lawsuit brings about change for the cheerleaders pay

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

That's NOT the problem of the 36 girls.  Again, the law is the law is the law.  There is no "well, we can't afford that, your honor" exception.  If you can't pay the girls what is required under the law, then don't hire them in the first place.  If you do decide to hire them and then can't pay them, then the employer is liable.

And while I'm at it.  It does not matter that Erica was fired.  They still have to pay her what she was owed under the law for the time she DID work for Cowboy's organization.  Also, it is irrelevant that she reauditioned knowing what the pay was.  An employer cannot excuse their failure to pay someone what they are owed under the law by claiming "well, she knew what she was getting into!"

This is not to say Erica is going to win.  Given all that hoopla the past few years about professional cheerleaders suing, I have got to believe that the Cowboys had already consulted an attorney to make sure their practices were sound.  After all, they had to know they'd be a potential target.  Thus, I'd imagine the DCC has already protected itself in some way, but regardless, there are laws that dictate how employees have to be paid and the DCC MUST obey those laws and nothing the employee did/does can give them an excuse to do otherwise.  If you put in the time, you have to be compensated.

I agree they should pay Erica anything she’s owed, and if they’d make the girls full time they could send them to a lot more appearances, teach classes and camps, bringing in more Revenue. But, like most sort of ‘icing on the cake’ entertainment jobs, they’re not going to be paid the same as employees who are harder to replace and who bring in a ton of money. This is the NFL, not some hippie compound where everyone pools their money and shares equally. 

52 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Erica was cut due to sneaking out of the locker room during the time the vets were at Canton for the HOF after being told to stay in the locker room. She went to the bleachers and took pictures of herself with a drink and sent them to a few of her fellow DCCs. Jenna allegedly ratted her out to save her bacon to Kelli and Judy. Her cut scene was not shown. She did have shoulder surgery earlier this year. I thought someone stated they were thinking of making her an All-Star due to her injury and not being able to practice or perform with the team.

Random question if anyone knows the answer. Does anyone know more specific details about Erica's injury/surgery like was it work-related, as in something the Cowboys should have paid for? Or is it just a typical injury for someone who's been dancing their whole life? Just wondering if maybe she had to pay out of pocket to have her shoulder operated on and that's a driving factor (among others) behind her lawsuit 

53 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I value your point but I think saying she "ratted her out" is a bit overboard, Erica and Jenna are still BFFs today so IMHO if she "ratted her out", they would not be speaking. I don't think that Jenna ran to to K&J and threw Erica under the bus, I've heard that they called Jenna into the office and basically told her to be a leader (after the Holly mess) and tell the truth about Erica so Jenna showed them her phone with the pic of Erica. Trust me, if it were me I would not have told on my friend, however, I'm sure it was a tough spot for Jenna to be in. DCC was Jenna's entire life and after she almost lost her spot with the entire Holly situation and Jenna was already on the chopping block, she made a choice to either save herself or Erica. I'm sure we wont ever agree on this board about this but I just wanted to give my opinion. 

• Love 7
On 6/12/2018 at 2:20 AM, NMDD43 said:

You mean like this? LOL

I will never NOT see a little girl when I look at her

20180612_011703.jpg

I agree.  That scrunchy face thing she tries to do in pictures is like a cross between Taylor Swift trying to convince us she's such a nerd and Brittany Schram being naturally cute and goofy.  She just isn't my cup of tea.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I agree. I wonder if behind closed doors, among themselves, they ever speculated WHO would be the one to sue them.

2 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I value your point but I think saying she "ratted her out" is a bit overboard, Erica and Jenna are still BFFs today so IMHO if she "ratted her out", they would not be speaking. I don't think that Jenna ran to to K&J and threw Erica under the bus, I've heard that they called Jenna into the office and basically told her to be a leader (after the Holly mess) and tell the truth about Erica so Jenna showed them her phone with the pic of Erica. Trust me, if it were me I would not have told on my friend, however, I'm sure it was a tough spot for Jenna to be in. DCC was Jenna's entire life and after she almost lost her spot with the entire Holly situation and Jenna was already on the chopping block, she made a choice to either save herself or Erica. I'm sure we wont ever agree on this board about this but I just wanted to give my opinion. 

This is what i've been wondering about too. Maybe Erica is a much better person, but I would never forgive my so called bff for doing this even if she was backed into a wall. Then again, Jenna seems to be backing Erica so maybe what you described is accurate-which would then mean that K&J are quite awful human beings considering that they would have to know about this pic to ask Jenna and they willingly forced a girl to turn against her friend. So much for #sisterhood #womensupportingwomen #dccpolishedme.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

You left out one important detail. Erica posted a pic of her drinking during the game to social media. How does Jenna get involved in this? Lots of DCC and alumni follow her, not to mention management.

(My personal, unsubstantiated belief is that Kashara had something to do with the Jenna/Holly/Erica debacle. It would explain why she profited so greatly from the situation.)

With that said, when this happened I felt like this was not a simple flaunting of the rules. I believed then, as I do now, that Erica was already pissed about something. She took a crap, and rubbed their faces in it.

What happened to the "we don't know everything crowd?"

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Angie said:

Thanks for your response. I calculated what I thought Erica said she made in that season of 16,150 and times it by 36 I got 581,400 so I mean they still have over 400,000 to work with unless this other 400,000 or so goes to the staff. It'll be interesting to see if this lawsuit brings about change for the cheerleaders pay

Trying to think of who they have for staff. We know Kelli, Judy, a couple of assistants are full time. People like Kitty and Jay are probably contact employees, not full time because they do have other primary businesses. Not sure about people like @ShellyB, JennK, seamstresses, guest choreographers, doctors, dentists, hair people, etc. Then we have those we don’t see. 

That’s just staff and not even practice gear, costumes, music rights, travel, plus all the overhead like the dang light bill. No idea how much merchandise brings in, because sometimes when products are just officially licensed, the brand doesn’t really get that much. I’d love to see the actual revenue and expense numbers. 

8 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Random question if anyone knows the answer. Does anyone know more specific details about Erica's injury/surgery like was it work-related, as in something the Cowboys should have paid for? Or is it just a typical injury for someone who's been dancing their whole life? Just wondering if maybe she had to pay out of pocket to have her shoulder operated on and that's a driving factor (among others) behind her lawsuit 

Part of Erica’s issue with having to stay in the locker room while injured was to keep her from further injuring herself on the job. They’ve said job related injuries are covered by the Cowboys physicians. From what I’ve read costs related to her injury were not factored into the lawsuit. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, hypeman said:

You left out one important detail. Erica posted a pic of her drinking during the game to social media. How does Jenna get involved in this? Lots of DCC and alumni follow her, not to mention management.

(My personal, unsubstantiated belief is that Kashara had something to do with the Jenna/Holly/Erica debacle. It would explain why she profited so greatly from the situation.)

With that said, when this happened I felt like this was not a simple flaunting of the rules. I believed then, as I do now, that Erica was already pissed about something. She took a crap, and rubbed their faces in it.

What happened to the "we don't know everything crowd?"

Kashara didn’t have a thing to do with th Erica/Holly/Jenna mess. All Kashara did was step up into the gaping hole and be the leader they needed. Nobody else seemed to want to, so Kashara waltzed right in. 

• Love 12
(edited)
7 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

They’ve said job related injuries are covered by the Cowboys physicians.

I believe this is accurate, I remember when Rachel tore her ACL during TC, Kelli called her into the office and in their discussion it was mentioned that she saw the Cowboys doctor.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

Kashara didn’t have a thing to do with th Erica/Holly/Jenna mess. All Kashara did was step up into the gaping hole and be the leader they needed. Nobody else seemed to want to, so Kashara waltzed right in. 

Thank you!!  Just going to say that.  And didn't several insiders post that Jenna was the one who threw Holly and Erica under the bus?

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Thank you!!  Just going to say that.  And didn't several insiders post that Jenna was the one who threw Holly and Erica under the bus?

From what I got from MTT, K&J were upset with Jenna because she did NOT rat Holly out. They were upset because she was one of the leaders and it is her responsibility to report any bad/embarrassing behavior to them immediately, but instead she chose to protect her friend and probably herself too. Sounds like a glorified snitch IMO..lol. If part of being a leader for DCC is snitching...count me out. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

From what I got from MTT, K&J were upset with Jenna because she did NOT rat Holly out. They were upset because she was one of the leaders and it is her responsibility to report any bad/embarrassing behavior to them immediately, but instead she chose to protect her friend and probably herself too. Sounds like a glorified snitch IMO..lol. If part of being a leader for DCC is snitching...count me out. 

Well, any authority figure, whether it's a cheerleader captain in high school, a department manager, a supervisor, a group leader for a professional cheerleading squad, etc is going to be expected to bring issues, problems, bad behavior to the boss, the coach, the director.  If you don't want that responsibility, then don't put in for it.  Also, don't participate in said bad behavior.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, any authority figure, whether it's a cheerleader captain in high school, a department manager, a supervisor, a group leader for a professional cheerleading squad, etc is going to be expected to bring issues, problems, bad behavior to the boss, the coach, the director.  If you don't want that responsibility, then don't put in for it.  Also, don't participate in said bad behavior.

I agree. which is why I said that I would never sign up for this. 

37 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

This is what i've been wondering about too. Maybe Erica is a much better person, but I would never forgive my so called bff for doing this even if she was backed into a wall. Then again, Jenna seems to be backing Erica so maybe what you described is accurate-which would then mean that K&J are quite awful human beings considering that they would have to know about this pic to ask Jenna and they willingly forced a girl to turn against her friend. So much for #sisterhood #womensupportingwomen #dccpolishedme.

IMO, Jenna was in a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation with Holly and Erica......

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

IMO, Jenna was in a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation with Holly and Erica......

If it's true that she didn't just volunteer the info but was forced to admit it and produce evidence, I agree. At least with Erica they had other sources and Jenna wasn't directly involved so theh shouldn't have gone to her. 

• Love 1

Honestly, whatever happened, Jenna and Erica are still friends, so it seems to be water under the bridge. I’m just glad that Jenna appears to have gotten over her DCC obsession. I have no doubt that she would’ve been in the “i would be a DCC for free” camp a few years ago. Glad she’s seen the light and doesn’t look as foolish as some of her former teammates who are all but stating that they’re work isn’t worthy of compensation. Whether one agrees with Erica’s lawsuit or not, I’m with the poster earlier - “value your work!” Most men do, and I guarantee you that Jerry Jones isn’t working for free and giving up his money for kicks.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I believe this is accurate, I remember when Rachel tore her ACL during TC, Kelli called her into the office and in their discussion it was mentioned that she saw the Cowboys doctor.

Way back on the first season Deryn (loved her and hope her daughter stays in dance to become a future legacy) had an issue with her hip and was shown being treated by Cowboys doc. I think she had an MRI or something? 

58 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think that info was grossly exaggerated. 

33 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

This. If Jenna was approached or if she tatted on her own, that’s what is still hazy, but seriously, somebody was going to show Kelli if she didn’t see it in her own. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

There probably is a lot more to the office scene with Jenna not telling on Holly (which I heard she did rat her out to save her spot.) I would not be surprise if Jenna was called out for running around with a Cowboys player the same night, but it was not shown or mentioned on the show.

13 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Way back on the first season Deryn (loved her and hope her daughter stays in dance to become a future legacy) had an issue with her hip and was shown being treated by Cowboys doc. I think she had an MRI or something? 

I think that info was grossly exaggerated. 

This. If Jenna was approached or if she tatted on her own, that’s what is still hazy, but seriously, somebody was going to show Kelli if she didn’t see it in her own. 

It does not look like other girls were telling Kelli about what Erica did in Canton. I think and believe the whole thing has Jenna written all over it. She sent a text to Shelly asking her if she will be point girl again once the vets come back from Canton. Something tells me she decided to rat on Erica in order to save face and get her point spot back because she was trying to get on Kelli's good side by telling on other girls. Even when she stated during the last episode last season how she was tested during TC, I was thinking really... how were you tested...you broke the rules, ratted out a few of your fellow DCCs, and cry fowl when you did not get point spot back after ratting out Erica. I wonder if Erica and Holly did not break the rules and stayed for another season would they have cut Jenna for what she did.

In light of this Erica's lawsuit, I wonder how much the DCRB paid for their time (on field, practice etc @ShellyB I am assuming, similar to what DCC gets paid right?). Personally I think Erica does not really "have a brain cell". Reading all the comments on Instagram, seems like many are asking why she auditioned when she knew the pay was not that good. I mean $8 per hour is a little more than the minimum wage here in the UK.  I do not know what the minimum wage in US is. I am all for equal pay, but did Erica seriously forgot she got sacked or what? I wonder if the Cowboys would use the fact that Erica broke contract whilst entering her 4th year as  DCC and use it as "shes just bitter because we sacked her because she broke her contract". 

Does anyone know where to watch that interview? I don't live in the US. 

I love the fact that Cassie has a pic of Erica front and centre (in the group photo) where her daughter was crying!!!!

Is it me or is there a "pattern" emerging the last few years? Last years drama was Holly and Jenna's "drama" and Erica being sacked and then this year it is Erica's lawsuit on the Cowboys. I wonder what next years "drama" is going to be.

If I could be anyone for the day I would be Erica. Why? Because I want to be inside her head and see how she thinks and why she thinks it and then "runs back and report to everyone".

As for Jenna .... I am SO OVER HER. Since Danielle and Jessica retired and Jenna stayed on, (to me) Jenna came across (her last year as a DCC) as a stuck up, self centered snob. (Actually I'd like to spend a Day as Jenna too, to see why she acts and thinks like that too). 

• Love 5