Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

While I want to agree... Ashley pro, Breelan, Morgan, Christina, Savannah (who was even shown in insta stories making mistakes) and I’m sure I’m forgetting more. They seem to be making excuses for generic white girls with memory mistakes and honestly, I’d rather have a woc making mistakes on the team rather than a red head who “looks like a disney princess”. I’m not saying she’s outwright racist, but they’ve been allowing and behavior and mediocre dancing from white girls, but woc have to be on their best behavior, have unrealistic bodytypes (for a woc that is) and be absolutely amazing dancers. They don’t have to have diverse squads or pick their dancers fairly, but this is definitely a pattern.

Exactly. No one thinks Kelli is a white surpremicist or anything. But she has obvious racial bias she should work on just for the sake of being a better human.  My guess is with the bubble of the Jones family/Cowboys it does not even register to people.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Kelli has always impressed me as being the type that does not like being contradicted. The year Jenna made it Kelli was enamored with her and Charlotte was not. Charlotte said she looked like a little girl standing next to women. I could tell Kelli was pissed. 

Yeah, and it was obvious when the other judges wanted to cut Danielle. Kelli didn’t like it one bit. I don’t think Kelli is a bad person at all, and Im sure Kelli is a mother figure to many of these girls and probably cares deeply for them, but she goes overboard IMO. She’s the employer not the parent. As long as Tara wasn’t being shady, she shouldn’t be cut for questioning management practices IMO. This isn’t a mama telling her 13 year old to zip it and not complain because she’s not paying the bills. These are adults in a work setting.  If someone has a legitimate complaint, it needs to be dealt with. 

• Love 4

Seriously long time lurker, first time poster.  One of the girls on my college drill team in the late '70s left to become a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader and I've been interested in them ever since. You can only imagine how delighted I was to stumble onto this show back in Season One!

Thoughts on Brennan. I think we can all agree that last year's rookie class wasn't the strongest dance-wise and that the unexpected departure of Holly & Erica opened the door for a couple of girls who wouldn't have made the team otherwise.  That being said, it's interesting to me that Brennan DOES make the team in a year that seems to feature very strong rookie candidates.  Is she actually that much better this year or did she just benefit from Kelli's regret?  Either way I am glad she made the team!

• Love 9

Breelin was like Caila, Cersten, JennK, all Jr. DCCs so they knew them already. They give extra sliding room when knew already how girls pick up choreo, have good work eithic, etc. Sometimes it is hard though to do all this on your own than it is when you're 10 and have parents making you on time, eating right, etc.

1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I like Tara but I still think it is so odd how Kitty was like nope she has to go!  Kitty "said" she didn't think Tara was attractive but that's far from true. Maybe its nothing but that scene always bothered me.

Always listen to Kitty. She is one fierce bitch but she is never wrong when she is saying LET ME KNOCK HER DOWN PEG or CUT HER BAD ATTITUDE = Erica, Keyra, Tara, Chelsea, Viv, probably tons more if I thought long enough. Kitty's hair is all the drama the team needs. LISTEN TO KITTY ROAR.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Breelin was like Caila, Cersten, JennK, all Jr. DCCs so they knew them already. They give extra sliding room when knew already how girls pick up choreo, have good work eithic, etc. Sometimes it is hard though to do all this on your own than it is when you're 10 and have parents making you on time, eating right, etc.

Always listen to Kitty. She is one fierce bitch but she is never wrong when she is saying LET ME KNOCK HER DOWN PEG or CUT HER BAD ATTITUDE = Erica, Keyra, Tara, Chelsea, Viv, probably tons more if I thought long enough. Kitty's hair is all the drama the team needs. LISTEN TO KITTY ROAR.

I’ve never heard anything about Tara having a bad attitude.... she seems to be genuinely liked. Didn’t Kitty say she blended or something? I can’t remember. I’ve slept since then. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’ve never heard anything about Tara having a bad attitude.... she seems to be genuinely liked. Didn’t Kitty say she blended or something? I can’t remember. I’ve slept since then. 

Kitty called her a blender 

14 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

I think they made a lot of errors this camp that they regret....Just my opinion.  I feel bad for this squad as I just don’t feel it is strong at all and I see a LOT of vets leaving after the way some of it was handled. I don’t see many vets past the three year mark (meaning rookies from last year) staying after this year. 

They already had almost all the third years (future fourth years) quit: Simone Stephanie Chantal etc.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BonnieBlue said:

Apparently she was overheard being critical of the favoritism Victoria was getting, and it got back to Kelli.

I see this topic has been taken seriously, but I took it as a tongue-in-cheek statement, unless it is true and they thought Tara was toxic but that seems unlikely 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

The only things under CMT’s umbrella are the structure of auditions (based on our original set up), rehearsal flow, guest choreographers. They DO NOT have input into who makes it through each round, Training Camp or the team. That falls into Kelli & Judy’s laps. Charlotte gives input when needed. I saw someone post about the amount of time CMT is with us. They have generally come for a night or two prior to auditions. The rest of their time covers all audition weekends, First Meeting, uniform fittings, etiquette/social media training, Cameo Day, Meet the Team and first game. They throw in a special filming every year, i.e. Oxnard, Calendar, skydiving, etc. During training camp, there are generally 5 nights a week of rehearsal...usually 2 or 3 if those are camera nights, depending on the week and topic to be filmed. 

Thank you, Shelly! I was worried I put you in an awkward situation... thank you for laying this to rest.

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I just watched it to check. Kitty said “I don’t think she’s attractive, I think she’s probably sweet” while holding her card that showed 15!

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Omg, DCCroutineFan! I just realized your user name is “routine” fan. I always wondered why you were such a fan of croutons! ??? dccroutonfan... why did my brain see THAT all this time. And, yes, I could have IM’d that, but thought I’d share my idiot brain with the group! Lol. 

LOL I thought the same thing ?

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

What makes Kitty good, is that she's honest and without pretense. The only time I've heard her comment on someones attitude was Gina. Who you didn't mention at all. The others I don't know about, except Keyra.

Kitty praised Keyra during both of her visits. She said she "killed it" during SG auditions.  In a later visit she said of Keyra, "that girl is so freaking talented."

Therefore, I agree with Kitty. Keyra was fabulous. 

Edited by hypeman
  • Love 15
42 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Kitty called her a blender 

Dang! I wish I blended as beautifully as Tara does

And I’m not sure who originally posted it, maybe @JohnGalt, but they said that Tara had been called in to address the issue prior to her cut so it doesn’t sound like it came out of nowhere. I’m dying to find out tho cuz she was a fave. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Are those alcoholic beverages behind her??   Lolololol??? She’s beautiful. 

She’s a beautiful girl! I usually hate that color lipstick, on her it looks fantastic. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Wow! 

giphy.gif

Not a Tara hater but the pics of her at Maggie and Christina's parties looks like she's covering up some weight. Not a lot like 5 pounds the most. She looks healthy but doesn't have that protruding collar bone like the rest of the girls. Her arms look a tad heavier and her cheeks look a little fuller.

• Love 3

I don't think the producers of Amazing Race or Surviver can mess with the outcome. They have to abide by game show rules. Sure they can throw some mixups to change things up but even then it has to be in place before competition begins. I remember there was some outrage about Last Comic Standing that the judges were mad because the person they picked didn't move on. The producers picked. They had to put a disclaimer at the end of each show saying that producers can change the outcome or something like that. With MTT however if Kelli and Charlotte are producers well they pretty much can decide the team and the direction they want the show to go in being they are the end all be all. The judges, the bosses and producers. Judy is probably internally rolling her eyes a lot.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Check response above. Plenty of girls who have been cut in the past have waited a long time or simply never addressed their cuts on social media. I’m sure it’s painful and embarrassing for some. They’re not obligated to share.

If everything you have said is correct then you are my favorite poster.

• Love 14
15 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

If the nutritionist is considered a doctor, the Dallas Cowboys, the Cheerleader's leader, nor Jesus Christ himself has no right to consult with the nutritionist......HIPAA puts the kibosh on that shit.

I am wondering if the cheerleaders have to sign a waiver for HIPPA, so the doctors, etc. can talk with Kelli... It seems like this would be the case...

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, mayelynn said:

I am wondering if the cheerleaders have to sign a waiver for HIPPA, so the doctors, etc. can talk with Kelli... It seems like this would be the case...

I could be crazy, but wouldn't that be pretty standard for any type of athlete/dancer/sportsball person and their coachs/team owners?  Especially if they're using team doctors, trainers, nutritionists and such.  Their bodies are their job.  I mean, I'd still go off site for my yearly, but if my ACL is wonky and my nutrition needs a boost I'd be thrilled to have professionals at the top of their game.  Except that carbonation causes cellulite person.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, KTUCKER20 said:

I don't think the producers of Amazing Race or Surviver can mess with the outcome. They have to abide by game show rules. Sure they can throw some mixups to change things up but even then it has to be in place before competition begins. I remember there was some outrage about Last Comic Standing that the judges were mad because the person they picked didn't move on. The producers picked. They had to put a disclaimer at the end of each show saying that producers can change the outcome or something like that. With MTT however if Kelli and Charlotte are producers well they pretty much can decide the team and the direction they want the show to go in being they are the end all be all. The judges, the bosses and producers. Judy is probably internally rolling her eyes a lot.

You have hit itright on the nail. Kelli and Charlotte along with some minor input by CMT are running the show. I think it was Kelli who said Judy is not comfortable being on the show and in front go the cameras. After seeing and hearing about what is really going on behind the scenes and the last two TCs I do not blame her one bit. It has become more about promoting the DCC Organization, the Cowboys, Jerry Jones, and the DCC are the best in the whole wide universe spiel and less about what it really takes to be a DCC.

5 minutes ago, HateWatcher said:

Not a Tara hater but the pics of her at Maggie and Christina's parties looks like she's covering up some weight. Not a lot like 5 pounds the most. She looks healthy but doesn't have that protruding collar bone like the rest of the girls. Her arms look a tad heavier and her cheeks look a little fuller.

That's initially why I thought she was pregnant or something.

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

So......does anybody know anyone who works at IHOP or who wants to work at IHOP?  Preferably night shift and can bus tables, take orders, listen to conversations, shoot video and post to this forum all at the same time???  :P

volunteer 1.gif

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Jazzmom said:

I see this topic has been taken seriously, but I took it as a tongue-in-cheek statement, unless it is true and they thought Tara was toxic but that seems unlikely 

That's what I thought too! But now I'm dying to know if it is true- it would make for a great CMT drama storyline! 

5 minutes ago, KTUCKER20 said:

Lol and they feature someone saying how beautiful Kelli is in person every year!

I am surprised they are not force to kiss Kelli and Charlotte's hand and tell them how grateful and blessed they are to have the amazing opportunity to be part of the Cowboys Family on a daily basis.

7 hours ago, hypeman said:

Bemoaning the lack of diversity in this squad, and saying someone is racist are miles apart.

But it is interesting that they are being interpreted as being synonymous.

I'm also sad about the lack of diversity on the squad. Since we know the DCC has recruiters, maybe we should encourage them to work really hard to recruit WOC who may be good fits for DCC not just from major universities but also from dance/cheer competitions and community colleges. Maybe the work needs to be more purposeful in terms of diversity in order for the DCC to reflect the true population of Dallas. 

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I could be crazy, but wouldn't that be pretty standard for any type of athlete/dancer/sportsball person and their coachs/team owners?  Especially if they're using team doctors, trainers, nutritionists and such.  Their bodies are their job.  I mean, I'd still go off site for my yearly, but if my ACL is wonky and my nutrition needs a boost I'd be thrilled to have professionals at the top of their game.  Except that carbonation causes cellulite person.

I don't think the doctors can talk directly with Kelli.  In years past, when there has been an injury in TCC, they send the girl to the team doctor and then she comes back in and reports what they said.  Both Tessa and Rachel had these scenes. 

If VK didn't show up for an appointment with a nutritionist, it's more likely that production would have been the one to report that she didn't show.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, veronicamers said:

I spent oh, about 45 minutes walking my husband through the Erica lawsuit situation. Seriously, I almost got out the whiteboard.

This is my favorite thing I’ve read here. Ever. 

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, KTUCKER20 said:

Lol and they feature someone saying how beautiful Kelli is in person every year!

Oh and yes ma'am yes ma'am and yes ma'am

8 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Which one is this?  I posted a while back that I thought Amber had appeal and this was the girl I was referring to. Is this Amber or Bridget?

5b72f2ed51849_AmazoncomDallasCowboysCheerleadersMakingTheTeamSeason13.png.d06568a80fc6dc60786d993e445e1e08.png

She's beautiful

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Yes! I work in sports medicine. We do some colleges, minor league hockey and baseball and a quite a lot of high schools. Yes either their trainer or coach or sometimes both come with them at every appointment. They ask questions to the orthos and therapists, they look at xrays etc...They stay on top of everything. If you are paid or have a scholarship there is no such thing as privacy. I'm an xray tech. Although it is probably different with dcc. Not like they are paid a lot of money.

Edited by KTUCKER20
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

She was called into the office I believe a total of three times including her cut visit.

Most of the girls who were cut haven’t. They tell their loved ones privately while they heal.

If she was called in 3 times...first time to tell K&J she thought she was pregnant...2nd to tell them she had a dr appt on xx date...3rd to confirm her pregnancy!  1-2-3!!  LOL.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

Check response above. Plenty of girls who have been cut in the past have waited a long time or simply never addressed their cuts on social media. I’m sure it’s painful and embarrassing for some. They’re not obligated to share.

Don't forget they have to tell their families, friends and employers they are not with the Cowboys Organization anymore. Priorities posters. Priorities. Cannot stand it when Kelli acts like it is the end of the world if a girl gets cut.

2 hours ago, HateWatcher said:

Why hasn't Victoria conceded on Instagram, yet? 

One generally concedes a battle fought between opposing entities (like an election, or a war).  Also I don’t know that a concession post is required by anyone, much less a very young girl who is probably already feeling publicly humiliated. Based on what’s been posted, most of it probably self-inflicted, but still... she’s 18, just learned a huge life lesson in public, I’m going to leave her alone. ?

Chin Up, Victoria... what seems tragic today will get better with time. Use it as fuel. 

• Love 22

Totally unpopular opinion (sorry!) but I do not understand the Brennan love on here. I'm sure she is a lovely person, but she always looks scared and her eyes are crossed. She's just not fun to watch. I cannot see your average dude NFL fan liking her on the big screen. I don't get it. 

Hopefully she'll prove me wrong in future episodes. 

• Love 18
5 hours ago, GreyCheerGirl said:

This bothers me because while I understand that they can't be "toxic", it seems like they also can't have an opinion of anything that doesn't conform to what Kelli likes or dislikes.  Just because she was critical of a situation that she may have thought was unfair doesn't IMHO justify cutting her from the team.  Just my two cents' worth as a lawyer..... 

THIS. I appreciate your opinion on this and I agree. However, good for Tara for not buying into the bs that is VK and for not standing in a corner and accepting it as is. A shame she got cut for it though. I really liked her.   

I meant this if this is the true reason behind Tara’s cut. Not implying that it is! Sorry if that wasn’t clear. 

Edited by CheerGoddess
  • Love 3