Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

53 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

39192390_938863102990323_424525777401282560_n.thumb.jpg.120d859641b18f5aa91dfcec01711184.jpg

Kelli posted this, I wonder if she is next to get a ring

wonder what all was in the bag. DCC doesn't provide food - light meal on game day? Even the fitness center was peddling salmon (which I thought was icky) . Game time vs. AZ is at 8 EST and I'm sure they have been at the stadium most of the afternoon - getting ready for the performance.

1 minute ago, sATL said:

wonder what all was in the bag. DCC doesn't provide food - light meal on game day? Even the fitness center was peddling salmon (which I thought was icky) . Game time vs. AZ is at 8 EST and I'm sure they have been at the stadium most of the afternoon - getting ready for the performance.

Looks like some almond butter and roasted sea weed

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, sATL said:

They do but the girls also bring snacks that are their favorites 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, sATL said:

Years ago, the girls used to write blogs about different things and one of them wrote about their game day schedule.  They have a big practice followed by a meal in the locker room - couple of proteins, veggies, various salads and believe it or not, desserts.  For the Thanksgiving game, it's turkey with all the trimmings, including pies.

• Love 3
On 06/08/2018 at 2:48 PM, 5678Pixie said:

No Victoria in the pix.  I wonder if they keep her out of all pix so people don't talk bad about her since she has gained 15 pounds.  

^^^ post from 6 August 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, sATL said:

Kelli eats super clean and the best way to ensure your food is clean is to bring your own. Lots of fitness models and competitors do this. Could also be just extra healthy snacks. Night games mean a looongggg game, and they perform with the DCC campers at halftime tonight.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Melissa said the weight gain was in about a week and a half, which concerned everyone - too much, too soon - not good for anyone's health

Bolsters the doc appt story. 

Someone could have taken water pills (decreasing water in body and showing muscle tone- like body builders do right before competition), and had extreme weight loss regiment (maybe including a stimulant of some sort) for two weeks prior to finals, or prior to first week of camp to “make weight” for first weigh in.

Then, starving from all the cardio, they could have gone the opposite spectrum on nutrition and felt like there was no need for all of those crazy tactics, they would put back on the weight plus some. It’s possible. It’s dangerous, but possible. 

Late night trips to fast food or unhealthy, very fattening frozen food can pack on pounds fast especially if your body feels the need to store calories in response to being underfed just prior to a binge. Combine all this with a natural water-retention time period (like a premenstrual cycle), 15 pounds would be even more plausible. 

Edited by Taralightner
One more thought
  • Love 1

This makes my heart sing since Brennan suffered heartbreak two years running in training camp.  She looks happy!

NOTE:  I snipped Brennan out of the original post as she was and is the only basis for my comment.  I think it rude to reply to a post that is laden with multiple photos and all the pictures go with the reply when you only want to comment on one.  It costs this website money for the bandwidth to have all these pictures uploaded over and over.

Brennan.JPG

Edited by SimplePleasures
  • Love 11
26 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Someone could have taken water pills (decreasing water in body and showing muscle tone- like body builders do right before competition), and had extreme weight loss regiment (maybe including a stimulant of some sort) for two weeks prior to finals, or prior to first week of camp to “make weight” for first weigh in.

Then, starving from all the cardio, they could have gone the opposite spectrum on nutrition and felt like there was no need for all of those crazy tactics, they would put back on the weight plus some. It’s possible. It’s dangerous, but possible. 

Late night trips to fast food or unhealthy, very fattening frozen food can pack on pounds fast especially if your body feels the need to store calories in response to being underfed just prior to a binge. Combine all this with a natural water-retention time period (like a premenstrual cycle), 15 pounds would be even more plausible. 

That makes perfect sense for why the girls that struggle with weight gain it back so quickly.  Victoria looks like she will always struggle with weight and even said so on the show.   There are lots of girls that lose weight during TC and those are the ones that don't struggle with weight.  They have to watch out they they don't lose too much.  

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:
Her Instagram account is now public

Ashlee was looking rough in those early pics from finals, but looks good on the show and here. Her waist is tiny, especially because she's well endowed in the rear.

I am not a fan of Rachel's and Amber's breast jobs. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Ashlee was looking rough in those early pics from finals, but looks good on the show and here. Her waist is tiny, especially because she's well endowed in the rear.

I am not a fan of Rachel's and Amber's breast jobs. 

Why please tell my why do they have to do that?  They are beautiful just the way they were.  Look at Kelsey L. she looked so much better before she got implants.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

So watched the episode again and regarding Tara, you certainly can see the weight gain. Her body still is amazingly tone, but she did look thicker compared to last year. If I was ignorant to the spoilers and boards about possible weight gain and her getting cut for weight.....I would have for a moment watching the Bimmi segment say to myself, did she gain weight or bulk up? I love Tara, and wish her the best, she's so beautiful. 

I noticed it in her legs mostly. I even rewound and paused while she's standing by the golf cart. Her thighs look a lot bigger than I remember from last year

• Love 1
11 hours ago, bunny said:

I absolutely LOVE this shot of Yuko in the red bikini! (You have to scroll through the slideshow) She looks amazing.

The only picture that had anything that jumped out at me was Kashara’s, and that’s because her hair is perfection (the pose is trashy). Everything else is boring, and I place the blame fully on the photographers. These ladies are beautiful - I don’t believe for 2 seconds that THOSE are the best photos they can get of the ladies.  Savannah’s is nothing short of cringe-worthy. Such a shame.

Did they have any good weather days while in Bimini? It really doesn’t look like it.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Yes, it does bolster the doctor/nutritionist story for Victoria, especially since no other girl was offered such an opportunity during Training Camp.  Still, I could see a few other girls doing such things before Training Camp, not only because Kelli and the rest have really pushed the "big screen is very unforgiving" for many years.  On top of that, Kelli herself is very uneducated about nutrition and seems to care more about appearance then the girls' health. 

Back to Victoria, since she was still fluffy at auditions, I doubt she was doing anything TOO drastic leading up to auditions, but I also doubt she was doing any additional exercise before Training Camp either, even though she was dancing.  Thus, all the cardio she was participating in was probably making her feel like she was starving.  In most dance classes, the dancers are only going full out for short periods of time and the classes themselves don't last for more than an hour and a half.  While a girl might be dancing far longer than any of the girls in Training Camp on Saturdays and at conferences/competitions, they aren't going full out for 4+ hours 5 days a week.  I could easily see Victoria scarfing down more calories than she needs to because she's hungrier than she's been in the days, weeks, and months previous.  Essentially, I see her overestimating her caloric needs even though she's working out more.  Frankly, if Victoria ate average and slightly-less-than-average portions of healthy foods, she would probably have LOST weight, not gained weight.

However, the nutritionist was probably NOT the first time Victoria lied about something in Training Camp.  They probably just didn't push or confront the issue, but the nutritionist issue just forced the issue they didn't want to deal with.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Normally my eyes go to Lacey but in this vid, it's Gina.  Girl is killing it.

Her facials are SO exaggerated. I guess she’s trying to practice more, but what was she doing her rookie year? It’s not like she needs to work on dancing & power...

i couldn’t quote the post with her account, but she should have deleted her pictures imo.

I’ve never been a Brennan fan and yet I get so emotional seeing her in the uniform!  Hope she enjoys the season!

Hannah’s hair color is SO pretty. They finally managed to create a pretty (and natural looking) red color.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Madeline M.

madeline m v3.jpg

little girl Madeline isn't looking like a little girl anymore.   She looks pretty and flirty here!

3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

BRENNAN!!!!!!!!

She looks so pretty in that pic doesn't she.  That makes me happy and relieved lol

• Love 14
1 minute ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

She looks so pretty in that pic doesn't she. 

Hell to the yeah she does!!!

1 minute ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

That makes me happy and relieved lol

Same!  Amazing how invested I can be in someone I never even met :)

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

However, the nutritionist was probably NOT the first time Victoria lied about something in Training Camp.  They probably just didn't push or confront the issue, but the nutritionist issue just forced the issue they didn't want to deal with.

There are too many issues with Victoria.  The stuff that the person told @bigskygirl about her not having any friends outside the DCC world, her being brought up to be a DCC, the lying, the attitude, feeling entitled...……..I mean, when is Kelli going to have a come to Jesus talk with her mother.  This isn't healthy.  I mean, I honestly believe that Tina loves her daughter, wants only the best for her and wants her to experience what she did as a DCC.  Go to college out of state, try out for a pom style dance team, make friends, get a boyfriend, and then after graduation, come back and try out.  And I realize that we've all said this in one form or another over the past few weeks, but every time something new comes out, I just feel a bit more sorry for the girl.  

• Love 6
On 8/25/2018 at 9:40 AM, go4luca said:

I freely admit I can be a full on sap.  @ShellyB, you really got to me in this cut scene.  Especially knowing what we do as followers in the spoiler threads.  Off to find a tissue or two.

ETA:  I wish they had kept this scene.  Not just for Shelly, but for all the Alumni who spoke.

As cynical as I am, I even shed a tear. Stupid show.

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

There are too many issues with Victoria.  The stuff that the person told @bigskygirl about her not having any friends outside the DCC world, her being brought up to be a DCC, the lying, the attitude, feeling entitled...……..I mean, when is Kelli going to have a come to Jesus talk with her mother.  This isn't healthy.  I mean, I honestly believe that Tina loves her daughter, wants only the best for her and wants her to experience what she did as a DCC.  Go to college out of state, try out for a pom style dance team, make friends, get a boyfriend, and then after graduation, come back and try out.  And I realize that we've all said this in one form or another over the past few weeks, but every time something new comes out, I just feel a bit more sorry for the girl.  

In a way, I don't feel sorry for Victoria because she (and her mom to an extent) brought it ALL on herself (themselves) for various reasons.  On the other hand, I DO feel sorry for Victoria because she didn't know how bad she was going to get trashed about the whole situation and is now having to deal with everything thrown at her (especially about some of the things she couldn't control).

I also want Victoria to go to a completely different studio with competent instructors in a variety of disciplines, and start taking private lessons starting from the very beginning.  If someone spent some one-on-one time with her to correct placement issues as well as style issues and ALL the other issues she has going on dance-wise, she might be able to say she's a decent dancer and could possibly head towards a dance career.  As it stands right now, IMHO, I'm seeing a girl who got impatient and skipped over several lessons or learned just enough to look good, but didn't really understand the underlying reasons WHY she needed to know HOW certain things are done or that learning proper placement and technique could help prevent injury as well as make things look BETTER.  Victoria seems to be the type of girl who causes other dancers to get injured because she either can't control her enthusiasm or has bad technique in certain areas.  I certainly wouldn't want her next to me in the kick line because she would get a girl injured and blame the other girl.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Yes, it does bolster the doctor/nutritionist story for Victoria, especially since no other girl was offered such an opportunity during Training Camp.  Still, I could see a few other girls doing such things before Training Camp, not only because Kelli and the rest have really pushed the "big screen is very unforgiving" for many years.  On top of that, Kelli herself is very uneducated about nutrition and seems to care more about appearance then the girls' health. 

Back to Victoria, since she was still fluffy at auditions, I doubt she was doing anything TOO drastic leading up to auditions, but I also doubt she was doing any additional exercise before Training Camp either, even though she was dancing.  Thus, all the cardio she was participating in was probably making her feel like she was starving.  In most dance classes, the dancers are only going full out for short periods of time and the classes themselves don't last for more than an hour and a half.  While a girl might be dancing far longer than any of the girls in Training Camp on Saturdays and at conferences/competitions, they aren't going full out for 4+ hours 5 days a week.  I could easily see Victoria scarfing down more calories than she needs to because she's hungrier than she's been in the days, weeks, and months previous.  Essentially, I see her overestimating her caloric needs even though she's working out more.  Frankly, if Victoria ate average and slightly-less-than-average portions of healthy foods, she would probably have LOST weight, not gained weight.

Every “legacy” that has auditioned has not been fit.  I think it is because their moms danced in a different time where the expectations were for a different type of body.  The difference is that today many DCC use the weight room to hone their bodies.  You can tell the difference. The one former DCC who reauditioned (can’t remember now, but she didn’t make finals) had a body from previous years and not what is expected from the ladies currently.   Even Cassie, being slender you could tell she was not strong during her original audition.  

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

In a way, I don't feel sorry for Victoria because she (and her mom to an extent) brought it ALL on herself (themselves) for various reasons.  On the other hand, I DO feel sorry for Victoria because she didn't know how bad she was going to get trashed about the whole situation and is now having to deal with everything thrown at her (especially about some of the things she couldn't control).

I also want Victoria to go to a completely different studio with competent instructors in a variety of disciplines, and start taking private lessons starting from the very beginning.  If someone spent some one-on-one time with her to correct placement issues as well as style issues and ALL the other issues she has going on dance-wise, she might be able to say she's a decent dancer and could possibly head towards a dance career.  As it stands right now, IMHO, I'm seeing a girl who got impatient and skipped over several lessons or learned just enough to look good, but didn't really understand the underlying reasons WHY she needed to know HOW certain things are done or that learning proper placement and technique could help prevent injury as well as make things look BETTER.  Victoria seems to be the type of girl who causes other dancers to get injured because she either can't control her enthusiasm or has bad technique in certain areas.  I certainly wouldn't want her next to me in the kick line because she would get a girl injured and blame the other girl.

See, non dancer here:)  I thought she was a pretty dancer in some of the stuff she posts online, but I wouldn't have recognized her dance issues.  I would have explained everything away as she's so excited, she's forgetting what she was taught.  I wonder if she has ever taken lessons with Kitty Carter.  I know she has gone to prep classes with alumni, but is anybody honest with her?

Her earlier teachers - why didn't they say anything?  Was it that VK and mom didn't listen?

Edited by scorpio1031
thought of something else
  • Love 1
On 8/25/2018 at 7:05 PM, ATLGirl said:

One thing we haven't seen in recent years is the TCCs getting quizzed during rehearsals about current events, players, etc. I'll never forget Zoe getting booted for saying Tom Landry was still alive. She came back the next year at auditions as a blonde (not a good look for her, imho) but didn't make it. I wonder if they still question them on the spot like that.

Wow.  I missed her then.  I thought she didn’t come back.  I liked her dancing style. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Did we ever find out what happened with Yuko?

Not TMK.  I scanned the replies to Jinelle’s “High Kicks to Year 6” and “Plot twist” (paraphrasing) tweets.  Fans are asking for confirmation, but I saw no replies from Jinelle.   I hooray’d because the plaza performance is above and beyond what All Stars do indicating we have her for the year.  

Yuko’s not tweeted anything for some time. We’ll need the insiders’ help.

• Love 2