Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I definitely think the show has played some part into why the numbers of auditions are lower, there's less people who are terrible dancers going and making a fool of themselves for tv.

I considered auditioning because I've fought through horrible illnesses, three strokes, autoimmune disorders, and I came back STRONG. I take dance classes, exercise, and at almost 44, I'm probably in the best shape of my life. Then I watched a couple of seasons of MTT again and heard Charlotte being a catty bitch to some older women on there. Mind you, women who were in great shape and beautiful. There's a doctor who tries out every year, mid to late 50s who's probably in better shape than some of the younger girls. Hearing her say those mean things made me know that there was no way I could do it. That would crush me after everything I had been through. So yeah, that's probably why there's less than 150 people who try out. I would have loved to just have the experience, but not to be ridiculed on TV. Especially knowing my circumstances.

to clarify, I don't have a snowball's chance in Texas in July of making it. I'm almost 44! Lol. I'm a pale, freckled redhead who has no chance of tanning. For me, it's a bucket list thing. 

Edited by Hummingbird24
To clarify I'm not dcc material. ?
  • Love 19

Speaking of embarrassing yourself in front of Kelli and Judy, there is a new video on the DCC:MTT facebook page called no smooth moves. I would post it on here, but I cannot do it. Guess facebook is not my friend.

I really don’t think that the absurd schedule (which is tied to CMT) can be overlooked as a reason why less people are trying out. For girls who just want to dance and don’t have a childhood dream to be a DCC, how many auditions could you attend in the 3.5 months that it takes to become a DCC, from first round to end of training camp? Probably a lot, and DCC isnt necessarily the type of dance job that's going to definitely be a segue into other dancing jobs, so that it’s worth it stick around in Dallas all summer when you could make it to the last day of training camp and get cut. There is no way I would tell someone who wasn’t dead set on being a DCC to go through that long process. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I considered auditioning because I've fought through horrible illnesses, three strokes, autoimmune disorders, and I came back STRONG. I take dance classes, exercise, and at almost 44, I'm probably in the best shape of my life. Then I watched a couple of seasons of MTT again and heard Charlotte being a catty bitch to some older women on there. Mind you, women who were in great shape and beautiful. There's a doctor who tries out every year, mid to late 50s who's probably in better shape than some of the younger girls. Hearing her say those mean things made me know that there was no way I could do it. That would crush me after everything I had been through. So yeah, that's probably why there's less than 150 people who try out. I would have loved to just have the experience, but not to be ridiculed on TV. Especially knowing my circumstances.

to clarify, I don't have a snowball's chance in Texas in July of making it. I'm almost 44! Lol. I'm a pale, freckled redhead who has no chance of tanning. For me, it's a bucket list thing. 

Good for you on what you do!! I love to see stories from strong people! I have MS and I understand some of what you have gone thru...Keep on keeping on!!!!

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Speaking of embarrassing yourself in front of Kelli and Judy, there is a new video on the DCC:MTT facebook page called no smooth moves. I would post it on here, but I cannot do it. Guess facebook is not my friend.

There's also one for the "advanced" workout with Jay Johnson, but, like you, Facebook is not my friend in regards to posting links.  However, I did recognize Lacey, Erin, Christina, Emily (who was a DMD), and Vivian (though there was one girl I recognized but could not remember her name).  There were a few others in there that I didn't recognize, but people were talking about girls who still auditioned but didn't have a chance to make it.  A few of them made it into this clip.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I really don’t think that the absurd schedule (which is tied to CMT) can be overlooked as a reason why less people are trying out. For girls who just want to dance and don’t have a childhood dream to be a DCC, how many auditions could you attend in the 3.5 months that it takes to become a DCC, from first round to end of training camp? Probably a lot, and DCC isnt necessarily the type of dance job that's going to definitely be a segue into other dancing jobs, so that it’s worth it stick around in Dallas all summer when you could make it to the last day of training camp and get cut. There is no way I would tell someone who wasn’t dead set on being a DCC to go through that long process. 

Definitely 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kayce said:
5 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I definitely think the show has played some part into why the numbers of auditions are lower, there's less people who are terrible dancers going and making a fool of themselves for tv.

I agree totally with this! Who wants to see K and J making fun of them on national tv? 

I don't know, I think some people just want their faces on tv.  I mean, look at all the people who knowingly go on American Idol & make fools of themselves in the 1st round.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I don't know, I think some people just want their faces on tv.  I mean, look at all the people who knowingly go on American Idol & make fools of themselves in the 1st round.

Never really thought about it...I just know I wouldn't LOL !!! I make enough of a fool out of myself on a daily basis without it being on national tv :) 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I remember the during the early seasons, there was a blonde gal, slightly overweight, usually one of the first in line who would show up to audition.  She didn't make an effort to dance, looked the same (as in didn't lose weight), and when they posted the numbers, she was always crying like her life was over.  Then she would come back the next year.  Does anyone else remember her, or am I watching the show so much I am repeating seasons:)

(edited)
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

It's from past seasons because Vivian's Tin Man dance is in it.  

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
On 7/11/2018 at 5:09 PM, doglover0814 said:

Has there been any confirmation she made it? Out of curiosity I checked their website about auditions, and it looks like the auditions the other day were the first round with callbacks being tomorrow. http://www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com/auditions 

That was the original plan....they ran the dancer auditions all day on Tuesday. Started at 9 am in the first session and did 2 rounds. They had a 2nd session around 12 pm with another set of dancers with two rounds. Callbacks were at 3:30, where they did another 2 rounds. About 250 dancers...15 were selected. We left the studio about 6pm Tuesday evening. ??????

On 7/11/2018 at 6:23 PM, 5678Pixie said:

Is she still going to college?  I thought she left the college last year that she was going to.  

Yes

• Love 17
5 hours ago, Kayce said:

Good for you on what you do!! I love to see stories from strong people! I have MS and I understand some of what you have gone thru...Keep on keeping on!!!!

I’ve got MS too and it is very inspiring to hear stories like this!  Keep going! ?

• Love 5

I cannot even imagine knowing I have to have full make up and hair down just to do a workout I read somewhere tho they can't step out In. Public looking like they just woke up I wish I look half as good as some of these ladies who really don't need a bit of make up 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, luvboo said:

I cannot even imagine knowing I have to have full make up and hair down just to do a workout I read somewhere tho they can't step out In. Public looking like they just woke up I wish I look half as good as some of these ladies who really don't need a bit of make up 

This. I have often wondered who pays for all their makeup, skin care products, hair colour etc during the season. That could get expensive, particularly if they blessed you with fake red hair. That stuff fades so quickly and would be expensive to maintain. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, MamaV said:

This. I have often wondered who pays for all their makeup, skin care products, hair colour etc during the season. That could get expensive, particularly if they blessed you with fake red hair. That stuff fades so quickly and would be expensive to maintain. 

It used to be the sponsors that gave them free products.  I don't know if they still do that.  Regarding hair upkeep, color, cuts, etc, I've heard that is paid for, but the rumor is that the girls are supposed to tip the stylists for the full amount of the service.  Which, if that is true, isn't fair.  There should be a tip at the normal percentage, but for the free publicity that the salon is receiving, that amount should suffice.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I hope they are filming Jennifer teaching TC. It would be nice to see a different person teaching the girls.

If Kelli isn't there again tonight then CMT wont be there either.  

3 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

If Kelli isn't there again tonight then CMT wont be there either.  

Rats! I remember in Season 3 when they had the scene where former DCC Megan Fox was teaching some of the girls who were struggling in TC. She was great and so sweet and helpful. The girls really responded to her, and they were able to relax without Kelli and Judy being there.

6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Rats! I remember in Season 3 when they had the scene where former DCC Megan Fox was teaching some of the girls who were struggling in TC. She was great and so sweet and helpful. The girls really responded to her, and they were able to relax without Kelli and Judy being there.

Exactly!  And Jennifer is a great teacher.  Plus she can talk about what she has been up to and show her baby bump - a Where Are They Now segment

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I hope they are filming Jennifer teaching TC. It would be nice to see a different person teaching the girls.

Stephanie the Aaia director is there to 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

There's also one for the "advanced" workout with Jay Johnson, but, like you, Facebook is not my friend in regards to posting links.  However, I did recognize Lacey, Erin, Christina, Emily (who was a DMD), and Vivian (though there was one girl I recognized but could not remember her name).  There were a few others in there that I didn't recognize, but people were talking about girls who still auditioned but didn't have a chance to make it.  A few of them made it into this clip.

I am over 65 and I work out harder than this!

7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I,m

24 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Looks like Jennifer is teaching TC again tonight.  Hope she lets them out early again tonight.  

When Judy retires... who replaces her? What about Kelli? It looks like we’re years away from either, but does anyone know the succession plan? 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Taralightner said:

When Judy retires... who replaces her? What about Kelli? It looks like we’re years away from either, but does anyone know the succession plan? 

It would be cool to see one of the former cheerleaders take over 

• Love 2
(edited)

If the Spurs Silver Dancers ever come back (and I totally hope they do), they should keep everyone they have from the dancers to the choreography to the director.  However, if they don't reform, I hope at least the choreographer (and the director though I don't know what she's like) would come to the DCC.  The DCC need to shake it up in terms of choreography and the Silver Dancers choreographer could add some much needed spice to their routines.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I'm pretty sure MOST of them do (or at one point did). All the current BGs wear weaves (and most of the previous ones w/ the exception of Jenna and Cersten). 

Thanks for your response, glad to know this info.

I would like to see JennK take over for Judy and possibly Jackie Bob or Brooke Sorensen Nix for Kelly. Also I just rewatched season 12 on CMT and Taryn got robbed?She would not have jumped ship right away like Alexandria did. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Middlemom said:

Also I just rewatched season 12 on CMT and Taryn got robbed?She would not have jumped ship right away like Alexandria did. 

I agree.  Brennan was robbed as well and Christina just got ridiculously lucky.  I wouldn't doubt the rumors that Taryn was absolutely furious, both about being cut and hearing that Alexandria flaked out within a few weeks of making the squad.  I think Taryn would have been one of the girls who stayed several years (I would say 3-5 at least), been one of their best ambassadors, and possibly gotten Assistant GL/GL at some point in her career as a DCC.  JMHO

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I agree.  Brennan was robbed as well and Christina just got ridiculously lucky.  I wouldn't doubt the rumors that Taryn was absolutely furious, both about being cut and hearing that Alexandria flaked out within a few weeks of making the squad.  I think Taryn would have been one of the girls who stayed several years (I would say 3-5 at least), been one of their best ambassadors, and possibly gotten Assistant GL/GL at some point in her career as a DCC.  JMHO

Taryn just celebrated her 30th birthday according to her IG.  If she made the DCC I wonder how long she would had stayed.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Middlemom said:

I would like to see JennK take over for Judy and possibly Jackie Bob or Brooke Sorensen Nix for Kelly. Also I just rewatched season 12 on CMT and Taryn got robbed?She would not have jumped ship right away like Alexandria did. 

Jenn K, Michelle K, Brooke or Justine for Judy with others selling their choreo to them as well.  For Kelly - I've always said Sarah G, but looking at her stories, she's a dancer.  So now I can't think of anyone.

I doubt there will be cuts this week with Kelli (and possibly Judy gone), but we don't know.  Last season showed us bad behavior behind the scenes and the bloodbath that happened when they returned.  Granted, that same bloodbath may have resulted in better behavior among the girls, both in and out of the public eye, but that's not a given.  At this stage of the game, they need to make six cuts to make it to 36.  Isn't Training Camp in week 6 or so (I've lost count)?  If this is week 6 of 10 or so, they need to make at least 6 cuts in the next 3 weeks (at least 2 a week) unless they want to make cuts that last week, then it might be stretched out a BIT more.

If the first preseason game is August 18, then they have, at best, 4 weeks of Training Camp left, not including this week.  The girls must be sweating bullets.  Does anyone know when the squad photo will be this year?  That will give us a better idea of exactly how long these girls have to wait and how many may or may not be cut per week until then.

10 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I doubt there will be cuts this week with Kelli (and possibly Judy gone), but we don't know.  Last season showed us bad behavior behind the scenes and the bloodbath that happened when they returned.  Granted, that same bloodbath may have resulted in better behavior among the girls, both in and out of the public eye, but that's not a given.  At this stage of the game, they need to make six cuts to make it to 36.  Isn't Training Camp in week 6 or so (I've lost count)?  If this is week 6 of 10 or so, they need to make at least 6 cuts in the next 3 weeks (at least 2 a week) unless they want to make cuts that last week, then it might be stretched out a BIT more.

If the first preseason game is August 18, then they have, at best, 4 weeks of Training Camp left, not including this week.  The girls must be sweating bullets.  Does anyone know when the squad photo will be this year?  That will give us a better idea of exactly how long these girls have to wait and how many may or may not be cut per week until then.

im Sure Kelli is getting regular updates on the girls progress while she is gone ! But yes we are in week six, and opening day for Oxnard is on July 25th I’m sure there will be more cuts before then 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

If the stories are true about K&J giving Holly and Jenna a pass the first time they broke the rules, then I hope the bloodbath would have taught them that it doesn't matter how talented a gal is, you need to deal with it.  Maybe girls in the past got away with stuff in the days before social media and maybe K&J need their own social media seminar.  I wonder if Shannon will use all this in his next seminar.  Didn't he tell the girls not to drink and tweet?

I hope they take a bigger squad this year. I don't want to see anyone else cut :( And with all the dropouts last season, maybe they will take a few more just in case. And if you have a larger rookie class, then maybe more will make it to 4 & 5 years. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Does anyone know if Victoria Kalina is still in TRAINING camp? xx ????

I am not 100% this is her because there was another lady that looked very similar x 

Is she the one circled in yellow? xx

D155E433-D640-4B5B-9C9E-35AEBDB9B8A3.jpeg

Edited by Anita
Photo
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Regarding hair upkeep, color, cuts, etc, I've heard that is paid for, but the rumor is that the girls are supposed to tip the stylists for the full amount of the service. 

I bet that rumor got started on a misunderstanding.  It sounds to me not that the tip has to be the full price of the service, but rather that the tip has to be calculated based on the full price of the service.  So if the service is $200, they probably have to tip $40.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

If the stories are true about K&J giving Holly and Jenna a pass the first time they broke the rules, then I hope the bloodbath would have taught them that it doesn't matter how talented a gal is, you need to deal with it.  Maybe girls in the past got away with stuff in the days before social media and maybe K&J need their own social media seminar.  I wonder if Shannon will use all this in his next seminar.  Didn't he tell the girls not to drink and tweet?

Yes he did say do not drink and tweet at the same time. I do remember Kelli saying taking pictures of yourself with a drink in your hands is not cute. I guess Erica did not get the memo.

6 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I hope they take a bigger squad this year. I don't want to see anyone else cut :( And with all the dropouts last season, maybe they will take a few more just in case. And if you have a larger rookie class, then maybe more will make it to 4 & 5 years. 

I do not think they should take more girls on the squad so no one else gets cut, or because Kelli feels bad about cutting certain girls or because *cough CMT and Charlotte *cough want a bigger squad because it equals more drama and ratings.

I do remember Kelli saying last year to Brennan if she had one more spot on the squad she would have given it to Brennan. I think she might have said the same thing to Tayrn. What would have happened if Kelli did do this, and both girls struggle in their first year and ended up being cut at finals. Kelli does say she wants a squad of 39 or 40, and for at least two seasons she did have a squad of 39. I personally think a bigger squad does not mean a better quality squad. Some of the girls barely make it on the squad after trying out for more than one year and usually end up getting cut the following year. To me, Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte are saying to these girls yes we are putting on the team, but we reserve the right to cut you next year at finals. In otherwords, be grateful you got at least one year in. I also wonder how many of these girls would have made the squad if there was no show.

13 hours ago, Taralightner said:

It'll probably be Shelly or one of the existing staff

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I bet that rumor got started on a misunderstanding.  It sounds to me not that the tip has to be the full price of the service, but rather that the tip has to be calculated based on the full price of the service.  So if the service is $200, they probably have to tip $40.

Yeah, that’s how I take it to, but I don’t think the girls should be on the hook for the tip, if the expectation is that they’re supposed to give one. I’m surprised they don’t just charge it all to one account which includes the tip. The girls could go to a salon that’s much cheaper, if they had a choice, and therefore would pay a smaller tip. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 1

Kelli likes to have the squad picked by at least a week or two before the first home game, so I think we will see quite a few cuts in the next two weeks. 

I also think the days of a larger squad are over. Although I'm sure there were moments last year with K &J regretting that they cut girls with good work ethic and great attitudes like Taryn and Brennan (since Alexandria Milan and Kalyssa did not finish the year) Kelli has been pretty adamant that the squad can only have 36 girls in recent years. I'm wondering if management  (aka Charlotte) put her foot down after the debacle of girls like Kaitlyn Larae and Morgan. 

• Love 2